View allAll Photos Tagged temporary
Special Kopron Warehouses-Capannoni Speciali Kopron con struttura versatile e economica. Rendono sfruttabili aree impossibili da gestire con altri sistemi di copertura!
Just one of the 2 (and a half, sort of) days they came home for. Gone for a month, now back out to sea for a couple weeks, in and out pretty much constantly until WestPac next year. I wish they'd be in more than out, but I guess on destroyers, that's not how it works.
We had to run back here on his first day home to grab the Xbox. He'd promised our son he'd play it with him while he was home, but forgot it that morning when he came off the ship. So we stopped by on our way to get a pizza after seeing Meet the Robinsons (a pretty good flick).
Oh, by the way - the new movie coming out soon, Transformers, was filmed partly on this ship (before my husband reported on board). Just an interesting bit of trivia. Of course, that means it's imperative we go see the movie when it comes out. ;)
Title: Temporary Building photograph
Date: unknown
Description: A temporary building is shown in this winter scene. A car is parked in the lot at the end of the building.
Image ID: 4-8-Temp building Goudy10
Copyright 2008, Iowa State University Library, University Archives
For Reproductions: www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
Temporary exhibition:
Baden! 900 Years. Stories of a State
Stefan Strumbel. Holy Heimat
www.landesmuseum.de/website/English/Temporary_exhibitions...
On Friday 13th of April 2012 the RAI's Discover Anthropology Programme organised a film screening of Temporary Sanity: the Skerrit Bwoy Story produced by Dan Brun in 2006. The film screening was followed by Q&A session with Nafisa Fera the RAI's Education& Communications Officer and Dr. Lez Henry, an anthropologist who has done extensive research on Dancehall culture.
Versatile Systems offers temporary guardrails to ensure safety until a permanent system can be installed or until the job is complete.
Bolton Abbey, Wharfedale, North Yorkshire, England, takes its name from the ruins of the 12th-century Augustinian monastery now known as Bolton Priory. The priory, closed in the 1539 Dissolution of the Monasteries ordered by King Henry VIII, is in the Yorkshire Dales, next to the village of Bolton Abbey. The estate is open to visitors, and includes many miles of all-weather walking routes. The Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway terminates at Bolton Abbey station one and a half miles/2.5 km from Bolton Priory.
The monastery was founded at Embsay in 1120. Led by a prior, Bolton Abbey was technically a priory, despite its name. It was founded in 1154 by the Augustinian order, on the banks of the River Wharfe. The land at Bolton, as well as other resources, were given to the order by Lady Alice de Romille of Skipton Castle in 1154. In the early 14th century Scottish raiders caused the temporary abandonment of the site and serious structural damage to the priory. The seal of the priory featured the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Child and the phrase sigillum sancte Marie de Bolton.The nave of the abbey church was in use as a parish church from about 1170 onwards, and survived the Dissolution of the Monasteries. Building work was still going on at the abbey when the Dissolution of the Monasteries resulted in the termination of the priory in January 1540. The east end remains in ruins. A tower, begun in 1520, was left half-standing, and its base was later given a bell-turret and converted into an entrance porch. Most of the remaining church is in the Gothic style of architecture, but more work was done in the Victorian era, including windows by August Pugin. It is still a working priory today, holding services on Sundays and religious holidays. Bolton Abbey churchyard contains the war grave of a Royal Flying Corps officer of the First World War.
The Craven Heifer
The Domesday Book lists Bolton Abbey as the caput manor of a multiple estate including 77 carucates of ploughland (around 9240 acres/3850 ha) belonging to Edwin, Earl of Mercia. The estate then comprised Bolton Abbey, Halton East, Embsay, Draughton; Skibeden, Skipton, Low Snaygill, Thorlby; Addingham, Beamsley, Holme, Gargrave; Stainton, Otterburn, Scosthrop, Malham, Anley; Coniston Cold, Hellifield and Hanlith. They were all laid waste in the Harrying of the North after the defeat of the rebellion of Edwin, Earl of Mercia and classified as the Clamores (disputed land) of Yorkshire until around 1090, when they were transferred to Robert de Romille, who moved its administrative centre to Skipton Castle. The Romille line died out around 1310, and Edward II granted the estates to Robert Clifford. In 1748 Baroness Clifford married William Cavendish and Bolton Abbey Estate thereafter belonged to the Dukes of Devonshire, until a trust was set up by the 11th Duke of Devonshire turning it over to the Chatsworth Settlement Trustees to steward.
Today, the 33,000 acre (134 km2) estate contains six areas designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest, including Strid Wood, an ancient woodland (mainly oak), which contains the length of the River Wharfe known as The Strid, and a marine fossil quarry. The estate encompasses 8 miles (13 km) of river, 84 farms, 84 buildings of architectural interest, and four Grade I listed buildings; and is currently home to 27 businesses from tearooms to bookshops. The iconic stepping stones cross the River Wharfe near the Abbey ruins. The estate includes extensive grouse moors, including Barden Moor on the west side of Wharfedale and Barden Fell on the east side of the dale. There is also a pheasant shoot. Apart from people employed within these businesses, the estate employs about 120 staff to work on the upkeep of the estate. Much of the estate is open to the public. A charge is made for car parking. The Dales Way passes through the estate on a permissive path. Barden Moor and Barden Fell, which includes the prominent crag of Simon's Seat, are on access land, and permissive paths lead up to the moors. Access to the moors may be closed to the public during the shooting season.
Bolton Abbey Hall, originally the gatehouse of the priory, was converted into a house by the Cavendish family. The hall is a Grade II* listed building.As well as Bolton Abbey, the Cavendish family also own the Chatsworth (Derbyshire, England) and Lismore Castle (Waterford, in the Republic of Ireland) estates. In the early nineteenth century, a cow known as the Craven Heifer was bred on the Bolton Abbey estate. Weighing 312 stone (1.98 tonnes), and measuring 11 ft 4ins in length and over 7 ft in height, she to this day remains Britain's largest ever cow.
Caspian Mine Headframe
The Caspian Mine Headframe is a steel mining building located at north of Caspian Road. The Caspian Mine opened in 1903, the second of three mines opened by the Verona Mining Company. Verona later sold the mine to the Pickands-Mather Company. The original headframe was wooden; the current structure was built as a replacement in 1921. The headframe is a 106 foot high steel-framed structure clad in corrugated steel siding. It is about 25 feet by 10 feet at the base and tapers to about 10 feet by 10 feet at the top. The stanchions constructed to support steel cables leading from the hoisthouse to the headframe are located nearby.
This headframe is significant as the oldest remaining headframe in Iron County. The Caspian Mine was the most productive mine in the county from its opening in 1903 until its closing in 1937. Pickands-Mather Company, the operator of the Caspian, eventually deeded the headframe, engine house, and the surrounding 5.5 acres to the Iron County Historical and Museum Society.
Most dye sublimation banners are used either in conventions, tradeshows, retail, or temporary outdoor displays or fairs. Dye sublimation banners are typically printed on a poly knit material, which is a heavy duty polyester fabric that displays color brilliantly. Tradeshow booths often use stretch polyester dye sublimation banners for their displays or backdrops as it can be stretched just enough to alleviate any wrinkles, making a great looking dye sublimation banners display.
Hesco flood barrier at the intersection of 1st St SW and the 1st Ave Bridge. A portion of the barrier was removed to allow traffic along 1st ave after the Cedar River levels dropped to an acceptable level.
Photos taken using a TetherQuad aerial platform.
File: Hesco 19727,30 Crop.jpg
Dal 1° al 24 dicembre: ARPANet Temporary Store per il Natale 2009.
Luci, arte, segni, narrazioni, suggestioni sensoriali in uno store per lo shopping natalizio, dove provare tante esperienze speciali: in un ambiente in continuo movimento, con una differente installazione luminosa e sonora ogni sera, è possibile prendere parte agli eventi e alle presentazioni letterarie che si susseguiranno giorno dopo giorno, oppure sostare negli spazi di lettura su comode poltroncine per scorrere la nuova narrativa contemporanea, o ancora soffermarsi nella contemplazione delle opere della mostra "Fotografie", di Gianluca Chiodi.
Edizioni di narrativa ARPANet a tiratura limitata, oggetti di design per la casa e il lavoro, tecnologia innovativa per immergersi in un'atmosfera tutta particolare. Perché ogni parola ha un suono che inventa mondi!
Dal 1° al 24 dicembre: ARPANet Temporary Store per il Natale 2009.
Luci, arte, segni, narrazioni, suggestioni sensoriali in uno store per lo shopping natalizio, dove provare tante esperienze speciali: in un ambiente in continuo movimento, con una differente installazione luminosa e sonora ogni sera, è possibile prendere parte agli eventi e alle presentazioni letterarie che si susseguiranno giorno dopo giorno, oppure sostare negli spazi di lettura su comode poltroncine per scorrere la nuova narrativa contemporanea, o ancora soffermarsi nella contemplazione delle opere della mostra "Fotografie", di Gianluca Chiodi.
Edizioni di narrativa ARPANet a tiratura limitata, oggetti di design per la casa e il lavoro, tecnologia innovativa per immergersi in un'atmosfera tutta particolare. Perché ogni parola ha un suono che inventa mondi!
Dal 1° al 24 dicembre: ARPANet Temporary Store per il Natale 2009.
Luci, arte, segni, narrazioni, suggestioni sensoriali in uno store per lo shopping natalizio, dove provare tante esperienze speciali: in un ambiente in continuo movimento, con una differente installazione luminosa e sonora ogni sera, è possibile prendere parte agli eventi e alle presentazioni letterarie che si susseguiranno giorno dopo giorno, oppure sostare negli spazi di lettura su comode poltroncine per scorrere la nuova narrativa contemporanea, o ancora soffermarsi nella contemplazione delle opere della mostra "Fotografie", di Gianluca Chiodi.
Edizioni di narrativa ARPANet a tiratura limitata, oggetti di design per la casa e il lavoro, tecnologia innovativa per immergersi in un'atmosfera tutta particolare. Perché ogni parola ha un suono che inventa mondi!
Natzweiler-Struthof was a German-run concentration camp located in the Vosges Mountains close to the Alsatian village of Natzwiller (German Natzweiler) in France, and the town of Schirmeck, about 50 km (31 m) south west of the city of Strasbourg. Natzweiler-Struthof was the only concentration camp established by the Nazis on French territory, though there were French-run temporary camps such as the one at Drancy. Between 1941 and 1944, Alsace was administered by Germany as an integral part of the German Reich. The camp operated from 21 May 1941 and was evacuated early September 1944. Only a small staff of Nazi SS personnel remained until the camp was liberated by the French First Army under the command of the U.S. Sixth Army Group on 23 November 1944.
About 52,000 prisoners were estimated to be held there during its time of operation. The prisoners were mainly from the resistance movements in German-occupied territories. It was a labor camp, a transit camp and, as the war went on, a place of execution. Some died from the exertions of their labor and malnutrition. There were an estimated 22,000 deaths at the camp, including its network of subcamps.[5] Many prisoners were moved to other camps; in particular, in 1944 the former head of Auschwitz concentration camp was brought in to evacuate the prisoners of Natzweiler-Struthof to Dachau as the Allied Armies neared. The anatomist August Hirt conducted some of his efforts in making a Jewish skeleton collection at the camp. A documentary movie was made about the 86 named men and women who were killed there for that project. Some of the people responsible for atrocities in this camp were brought to trial after the war ended.
The camp is preserved as a museum in memory of those held or killed there. The European Centre of Deported Resistance Members is located at this museum, focusing on those held. The Monument to the Departed stands at the site. The present museum was restored in 1980, after damage by neo-Nazis in 1976. Among notable prisoners, the writer Boris Pahor was interned in Natzweiler-Struthof and wrote his novel Necropolis based on his experience.
Temporary shop di 75 mq situato a pochi passi da corso Buenos Aires, famosa arteria dello shopping milanese raggiungibile comodamente in metropolitana M1 linea rossa fermata Lima.
Di recente ristrutturazione si presenta versatile e graffiante nell'offerta dei temporary store di Milano.
www.consoloproduzioni.it/ita/location/index.asp?id=76&...
Citizen Design In Action!
The Seattle Architecture Foundation (SAF) Art Generation events cultivate creativity and youth engagement in the built environment. Participants attend a day of workshops that focus on public art, community creativity, and design skills that can help create better environments for people to live in. On April 6, SDOT presented on PARK(ing) Day and Parklets and assisted teens in generating their own dioramas and offering an opportunity for them to use new design skills by building a temporary park outside. The program was held at the Vera Project at Seattle Center.
Benjamin Lumb
Tap and Barrel Bridges is the new temporary home of “Hyperion – Titan of Light,” a stunning outdoor sculpture by local artist Benjamin Lumb!
“Hyperion is composed of 5ton bundle of crushed rebar ripped from the concrete walls of a demolished Vancouver building that now emerges from its own concrete foundation. Pulsating neon is woven throughout the twisted rebar emulating its form while a chain rachet is bound tight around its center storing static energy within. A giant ship chain encircling and appearing to float around the piece is beginning to break apart seemingly unable to withstand the energy from within."
The installation is part of Tap & Barrel Group’s ongoing commitment to supporting local artists and hopes that it will bring people together and spark meaningful conversations.
source: granville_island on Instagram
October 11, 2001, I passed my Private Pilot Checkride and was issued my Temporary Airman Certificate.