View allAll Photos Tagged engineer

Nineteen “future engineers” from Girl Scouts Troops 50303 and 51085 recently visited College of DuPage to take part in activities promoting engineering. Guided by members of the Society for Women Engineers (SWE) chapter at College of DuPage, the scouts constructed model bridges, made balloon-powered cars and learned about the effect of drag on projectiles. Organized by the SWE College of DuPage Chapter President Samantha Dando, this event was designed to introduce the girls to the hands-on problem solving aspects of engineering and provide them with information on what it means to be an engineer. The SWE is an international organization that encourages an inclusive environment in engineering disciplines to help women achieve their full potential in engineering careers.

United States Military Academy cadets receive instruction on demolition tactics from 101st Airborne Combat Engineers at Range 12, West Point, New York on June 15, 2022. (U.S. Army photo by Christopher Hennen, USMA)

United States Military Academy cadets receive instruction on demolition tactics from 101st Airborne Combat Engineers at Range 12, West Point, New York on June 15, 2022. (U.S. Army photo by Christopher Hennen, USMA)

A change-of-commandant ceremony for the U.S. Army Engineer School and Regiment was held July 30, in Nutter Field House. Maj. Gen. Leslie Smith, Maneuver Support Center of Excellence and Fort Leonard Wood commanding general, presided over the ceremony where Brig. Gen. Peter DeLuca transferred command responsibilities for the Engineer Regiment to Brig. Gen. Anthony Funkhouser. Army photo by Michael Curtis/Released

Combat Engineers from 10th mountain division perform demonstration of the techniques that the West Point cadets will learn during combat engineering training portion of Cadet Field Training, June 22, West Point N.Y. Photo by Tommy Gilligan/West Point Public Affairs.

Class 45/0 'Peak' 45059 'Royal Engineer' (with one remaining nameplate on the platform side) in charge of the 1M41 21:50 York to Shrewsbury TPO at York station on 25th November 1981.

 

© Gordon Edgar - All rights reserved. Please do not use my images without my explicit permission

Soldiers operating the Buffalo Mine Protected Clearance Vehicle blast air to uncover a potential improvised explosive device March 15 near Camp Red Devil. (Photo by Andrea Sutherland)

Leaders from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Europe District, U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria; Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation; the Bavarian state ministry and Installation Management Command-Europe cut the ribbon on the new Outdoor Recreation Complex at Grafenwoehr Training Area, Germany, during a grand opening ceremony Sept. 24. Known as the Wild B.O.A.R., which stands for Bavaria Outdoor Adventure & Recreation, the $11.6 million facility boasts a bevy of services, amenities and attractions. They include a high-ropes team adventure course, indoor rock-climbing hall, lodges, campsites, a playground, sports facilities and boat dock on Dickhaeuter Lake. The main center consists of a reception area, snack bar and multipurpose room that can be rented for receptions, parties and other functions. Construction began in May 2011. The project was managed by Europe District’s Grafenwoehr Resident Office, which incorporated numerous sustainable design and energy-saving features to increase the complex’s life span. (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers photo by Vince Little)

Milton Ricks, right, a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New York District civil engineer and Forward Engineer Support Team-Advanced member serving in Liberia, meets his cousin, Stephen, during a site assessment Nov. 7 for construction of an Ebola treatment unit in Gbarpolu County, north of Monrovia. Stephen, a local hire of the U.N. mission responsible for humanitarian affairs, noticed the engineer’s nametag: “Do you know Mr. W.G. Ricks, my uncle?” he asked. Ricks, who was born and raised in the nation’s capital before his family emigrated to the United States, told him the man was his father. “I have amazingly come across a cousin working in Gbarpolu hundreds of mile from where our families live – in a very remote portion of the country,” he said later. “What are the odds?” Ricks is part of the 13-member FEST-A supporting Operation United Assistance and the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) to stop the spread of Ebola. To read more about the team’s mission in West Africa, click here: 1.usa.gov/1DqLjGZ. (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers courtesy photo)

United States Military Academy cadets receive instruction on demolition tactics from 101st Airborne Combat Engineers at Range 12, West Point, New York on June 15, 2022. (U.S. Army photo by Christopher Hennen, USMA)

United States Military Academy cadets receive instruction on demolition tactics from 101st Airborne Combat Engineers at Range 12, West Point, New York on June 15, 2022. (U.S. Army photo by Christopher Hennen, USMA)

Fotos Nuevas Agosto 2012

 

www.facebook.com/catedraleseiglesias

 

© Álbum 0098

By Catedrales e Iglesias

By Cathedrals and Churches

Arquidiócesis de Guadalajara

www.catedraleseiglesias.com

 

Catedral Basilica de Guadalajara "La Asunción de María"

Av Alcalde No 10

Centro Historico

Sector Hidalgo

C.P.44100

Guadalajara, Jalisco.

Tel: 01-333-614-3058

Tel: 01-333-614-3232

 

La primera catedral fue construida en 1541 en lo que hoy es el templo de Santa María de Gracia. Esta primitiva iglesia estaba construida con adobe y techos de paja. Hasta el día 30 de mayo de 1574 todo había transcurrido con normalidad, sin embargo, mientras se celebraba una misa, unos vecinos lanzaron unos disparos al aire en el corral contiguo, algunos cayeron en la iglesia y esta se incendió. La iglesia quedó semidestruída. Por cédula real se obtuvo el dinero para la nueva catedral. La obra avanzó muy despacio, pues escasearon los fondos, mas para febrero de 1618 el maestro arquitecto Martín Casillas había llevado los trabajos a su término. Por fin en abril del mismo año se trasladó el Santísimo Sacramento, de la antigua iglesia a la nueva. En el año de 1818,un fuerte terremoto sacudió a la ciudad, y cuando este terminó había ocurrido una nueva tragedia: las torres y la cúpula se habían derrumbado. Fueron sustituidas por unas nuevas, mismas que también se derrumbaron por un posterior terremoto en el año de 1849. Las nuevas torres fueron construidas por el Ing, Arq. Manuel Gómez Ibarra, costando 33,521 pesos, se tardaron tres años en ser construidas y fueron terminadas en 1854. El Papa Pío XII la elevó al rango de basílica menor, dedicándola a la Asunción de María Santísima.

Actualmente de la iglesia catedral continúa en peligro: ha sido dañada por los sismos de 1932, 1957, 1979, 1985, 1995 y 2003. Entre las amenazas que sufre se encuentran: la ligera inclinación de la torre norte, su ligero hundimiento y el daño estructural que ha sufrido la cúpula, entre otras.

 

La catedral ocupa un área de 77.8 x 72.75 metros. Contiene altares dedicados a Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, Nuestra Señora de los Dolores, la Virgen de Zapopan (patrona de Guadalajara), Santo Domingo de Guzmán, San Nicolás de Bari, Santo Tomás de Aquino, San Cristóbal, San Juan de Dios.

Hay 52 asientos de madera tallada además de la silla cardenalicia. La mesa de consagración es de mármol y plata. Los vitrales de colores son importados de Francia.

También se encuentran imágenes de Nuestra Señora de los Dolores, Del Cristo de las Aguas, entre otras. Asimismo, la catedral alberga reliquias de la mártir romana Santa Inocencia.

Tres cardenales están sepultados en la catedral, así como varios obispos de la diócesis e incluso el corazón de un presidente de la república mexicana.

 

The first cathedral was built in 1541 in what is now the church of Santa María de Gracia. The original church was built with adobe and thatched roofs. Until May 30, 1574 everything had gone smoothly, however, while celebrating Mass, neighbors threw a few shots in the air in the yard next door, some fell in the church and it caught fire. The church was partially destroyed. By royal decree gave the money to the new cathedral. The work proceeded very slowly, for scarce funds, but by February 1618 the master architect Martin Casillas had brought the work to completion. Finally in April of that year he moved the Blessed Sacrament, of the old church to the new. In 1818, a strong earthquake shook the city, and when this had happened ended another tragedy: the towers and the dome had collapsed. Were replaced by new ones, same as also collapsed from a subsequent earthquake in 1849. The new towers were built by the engineer, architect Manuel Gomez Ibarra, costing 33.521 pesos, it took three years to be built and was completed in 1854. Pope Pius XII elevated to the rank of minor basilica, dedicating it to the Assumption of Mary.

Today the cathedral remains in danger has been damaged by the earthquakes of 1932, 1957, 1979, 1985, 1995 and 2003. Among the threats to include: the slight inclination of the north tower, his slight subsidence and structural damage suffered by the dome, among others.

 

The cathedral occupies an area of ​​77.8 x 72.75 meters. Contains altars dedicated to Our Lady of the Assumption, Our Lady of Guadalupe, Our Lady of Sorrows, the Virgin of Zapopan (patron saint of Guadalajara), Santo Domingo, San Nicolás de Bari, St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Juan de Dios.

There are 52 seats carved wooden chair in addition to the Cardinal. The consecration table is marble and silver. The stained glass windows imported from France.

There are also images of Our Lady of Sorrows, the Christ of the Waters, among others. Also, the cathedral houses relics of the Roman martyr St. Innocent.

Three cardinals are buried in the cathedral, and several bishops of the diocese and even the heart of a president of the Mexican Republic.

And finally for the end of last week, something I haven't seen for a good while in the area, a very long train of H.O.B.C., High Output Ballast Cleaning wagons, built by Plasser & Theurer and top-and-tailed by two class 66 Freightliner locomotives, see past pictures here at Treeton Junction in January 2015-

www.flickr.com/photos/daohaiku/16128873858/

and

www.flickr.com/photos/daohaiku/16129092170/

and at the 'New York Stadium' in Rotherham as long ago as August 2014, see-

www.flickr.com/photos/daohaiku/7794967806/

and

www.flickr.com/photos/daohaiku/7795002716/

 

Here the long, I estimate 750m/2460feet, yellow rake of ballast cleaners are parked up between the road over-bridge at Kilnhurst and the Kilnhurst Flood Lock at Thrybergh Junction, the leading loco 66544, sat waiting behind Thrybergh's S0719 signal, for the green indication to go on along southwards. The haul is a consist of around 35 full ballast wagons with a timing load of 2600tonnes on the 6Y11, Sudforth Lane Signal Box Stapleford & S.C.C.E. Sidings working and had left 75 mins late but with a three and a half hour pause at Thrybergh, it seemed to matter little and afforded the opportunity to arrive here in good time! Except, that due to its length, one end was parked under the road bridge, next to the Sheffield & South Yorkshire Navigation, with the road closed due to bridge repair work. The closure had resulted is several irate people being about, one pair from the local 'Ship Inn' pub, complaining their business was being affected badly! In the past the rake of wagons have had the following consist- 'Plasser & Theurer'(PT) units DR92331/PWRT, DR76324/RM95RT and another with an unreadable number and in addition there was a box like wagon(BW) at the front, so the consist is 66544+BW+10W+PT1+PT2+PT3+21W+66601 at the rear; 66601 was, and is, Freightliner, 'The Hope Valley'. At top left, next to the 'Kilnhurst Cut', the rear loco 66601 is seen poking out of the road over-bridge and above it, some concrete relic of signalling or signage, can be seen. Just to the left of the camera, mayhem has broken out with the bridge repairers with tar in hand, fill in trenches they had dug across the width of the road, with local looking on in displeasure at the disruption. For myself, the limited view of the working sat in this position meant the best shot looking south, at top right, was seen from the other side of the bridge next to the 'Ship Inn', visible in the lower left corner which was having no motorised customers on this day due to the road being blocked at both sides. The long yellow-rake of H.O.B.C's trails away south to Thrybergh Junction alongside the canal and Sheffield P.S.B.'s, S0716 with feather, can be seen between the wagons and canal, this signal feather indicating when moves are to be made into the Kilnhurst Loop, behind the camera. Moving south to the other end of the train, so just under 1km, to the north end of Thrybergh Junction and the leading loco, 66544, can be seen at lower left, parked up behind S0719, and alongside the Kilnhurst flood lock with its controlling cabin, the layout and design of the lock and cabin prevalent at Mexborough Top Lock, Swinton, and at Aldwarke and Eastwood locks in Rotherham; note, sensible fencing prevails in this area, to some extent! At lower right, the view back north towards Kilnhurst as 66544 stands well back from the signal and at this time, 11:47, the driver had around an hour and a quarter to wait before the off to the Stapleford & Sandiacre Car, Carriage & Engineers Sidings. As is usual in some places around here, some wag has thought it reasonable to have a fire right next to the railway fence along the line, the fire still smouldering and smelling awful as the stuff which had been burnet wasn't exactly, 'environmentally friendly'. The working, 6Y11, from Sudforth Lane, near what's left of Kellingley Colliery, in the event left 22 mins early at 12:38 and arrived at Sandiacre 29 early at 13:56; there seemed to be no obvious reason why the set had to pause here for over three hours, which in the event it didn't due to its late arrival from Sudforth Lane signalbox.

Two Royal Engineers, circa WW1.

A view of the load on the 6K05 engineers train. DRS 57004 is at the head of the train.

Combat Engineers from 10th mountain division perform demonstration of the techniques that the West Point cadets will learn during combat engineering training portion of Cadet Field Training, June 22, West Point N.Y. Photo by Tommy Gilligan/West Point Public Affairs.

The engineer was kind enough to pose for a portrait during the night session at the Wilmington & Western.

 

A Lerro Productions Charter

U.S. engineers construct a bridge in Italy during WWII. (Collection: www.LoneSentry.com)

 

Studio shot of a man wearing helmet.

Electrical Engineer Beenleigh Ph 0412 721 461 to discuss your needs with the Fully Qualified Electrical Engineer for your area, Jim Fredericks - From Eagleby to Ormeau Jim Is Your Electrician. When you need a Fully Qualified And Vastly Experienced Electrical Engineer for a Small Job or a Huge Industrial Installation, Call Jim the Area Electrician

Command Sgt. Maj. Butler Kendrick, U.S. Army Engineer School regimental command sergeant major, passes the regimental colors to Brig. Gen. Peter DeLuca during the USAES change-of-commandant ceremony July 30, in Nutter Field House. Army photo by Michael Curtis/Released

The Soviet War Memorial is a vast war memorial and military cemetery in Berlin's Treptower Park. It was built to the design of the Soviet architect Yakov Belopolsky to commemorate 7,000 of the 80,000 Soviet soldiers who fell in the Battle of Berlin in April–May 1945. It opened four years after World War II on May 8, 1949. The Memorial served as the central war memorial of East Germany.

 

At the conclusion of World War II, three Soviet war memorials were built in the city of Berlin to commemorate Soviet deaths in World War II, especially the 80,000 that died during the Battle of Berlin. The memorials are not only commemorative, but also serve as cemeteries for those killed.

 

A competition was announced shortly after the end of the war for the design of the park. The competition attracted 33 entries, with the eventual design a hybrid of the submissions of the architect Jakow S. Belopolski, sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich, painter Alexander A. Gorpenko and engineer Sarra S. Walerius. The sculptures, reliefs, and 2.5 meter diameter "Flammenschalen" (flame bowls) were cast at the Kunstgießerei Lauchhammer in 1948. The memorial itself was built in Treptower Park on land previously occupied by a sports field. The memorial was completed in 1949. The stones and granite that were used in the construction came from the demolished New Reich Chancellery.

 

Around the time of the fall of the Berlin Wall, unknown persons vandalized parts of the memorial with anti-Soviet graffiti. The Spartacist party claimed that the vandals were right-wing extremists and arranged a demonstration on January 3, 1990, which the PDS supported; 250,000 GDR citizens participated. Through the demonstrations, the newly formed party stayed true to the communist roots of its founding party, and attempted to gain political influence. PDS chairman Gregor Gysi took this opportunity to call for a Verfassungsschutz ("Constitution Protection") for the GDR, and questioned whether the Amt für Nationale Sicherheit (Department of National Security, the successor of the Stasi) should be reorganized or phased out. Historian Stefan Wolle believes that Stasi officers may have been behind the vandalism, since they feared for their jobs.

 

As part of the Two Plus Four Agreement, Germany agreed to assume maintenance and repair responsibility for all war memorials in the country, including the Soviet memorial in Treptower Park. However, Germany must consult the Russian Federation before undertaking any changes to the memorial.

 

Since 1995, an annual vigil has taken place at the memorial on May 9, organized by (among others) the Bund der Antifaschisten Treptow e.V. ("Anti-fascist Coalition of Treptow"). The motto of the event is the "Day of Freedom", corresponding to Victory Day, a Russian holiday and the final surrender of German soldiers at the end of World War II.

 

The focus of the ensemble is a monument by Soviet sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich: a 12-m tall statue of a Soviet soldier with a sword holding a German child, standing over a broken swastika. According to Marshal of the Soviet Union Vasily Chuikov, the Vuchetich statue commemorates the deeds of Sergeant of Guards Nikolai Masalov, who during the final storm on the center of Berlin risked his life under heavy German machine-gun fire to rescue a three-year-old German girl whose mother had apparently disappeared.

 

Before the monument is a central area lined on both sides by 16 stone sarcophagi, one for each of the 16 Soviet Republics (in 1940–56 then up to the reorganization of the Karelo-Finnish SSR into the Karelian ASSR there were 16 "union republics") with relief carvings of military scenes and quotations from Joseph Stalin, on one side in Russian, on the other side the same text in German: "Now all recognize that the Soviet people with their selfless fight saved the civilization of Europe from fascist thugs. This was a great achievement of the Soviet people to the history of mankind". The area is the final resting place for some 5000 soldiers of the Red Army.

 

At the opposite end of the central area from the statue is a portal consisting of a pair of stylized Soviet flags built of red granite. These are flanked by two statues of kneeling soldiers.

 

Beyond the flag monuments is a further sculpture, along the axis formed by the soldier monument, the main area, and the flags, is another figure, of the Motherland weeping at the loss of her sons.

 

In recent years, the ensemble has undergone a thorough renovation. In 2003 the main statue was removed and sent to a workshop on the island of Rügen for refurbishment. It was replaced on May 4, 2004.

 

Source Wikipedia

 

One of my favourite places in Berlin.

Second time we've visited in four years.

   

Engineers Day & 3rd Convocation 2013

Combat Engineers from 10th mountain division perform demonstration of the techniques that the West Point cadets will learn during combat engineering training portion of Cadet Field Training, June 22, West Point N.Y. Photo by Tommy Gilligan/West Point Public Affairs.

This is a diamond pro (pavestone) engineered retaining wall built in Douglasville, Ga By Bailey Construction & Landscape Group, Inc.

 

Construction on the $16 million commissary at Chievres Air Base in Belgium for the Defense Commissary Agency is expected to be complete before the end of 2009. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Europe District is managing the project. Read more at www.nau.usace.army.mil/news/pdf/2009/EiEspring09.pdf (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers photo by Rachel Goodspeed)

Mixed units of South Carolina National Guard Engineers and Transportation Corps are working round the clock to build flood water abatement barriers to protect the raw water pumping plant in Pawleys Island, S.C., Sept. 24, 2018. Brig. Gen. Jeff Jones, the SCNG Assistant Adjutant General for Army arrives to show his appreciation for the hard work being done by SCNG Soldiers and to assist with the construction project. The purpose of this project is to protect the fresh water supply for surrounding areas as extensive flooding is anticipated from the aftermath of Hurricane Florence last week. The South Carolina National Guard has over 2,100 Soldiers and Airmen on duty, including support from the Pennsylvania, Tennessee, New York, Alaska, Maryland, Georgia, Virginia and Mississippi National Guard who have brought additional resources for search and rescue and helicopter aquatic rescue with hoist capabilities. The South Carolina National Guard's priority is ensuring all assets for any life-saving missions are in place as the state is will see rivers rise and flooding. These rescue capabilities include helicopter aquatic rescue, high water transport vehicles, engineers to clear debris to open access routes for emergency responders and sandbags to assist in protecting infrastructure and critical routes. (U.S. National Guard photo by Senior Master Sgt. Edward Snyder, 169th Fighter Wing, Public Affairs)

Floating engineered stained maple floor in Tucson Country Club remodel. Installed with and material provided by Lough's Interiors

The U.S. Army Engineer School and Regiment changed leadership during a change of command ceremony held in the Nutter Field House, July 30. Brig. Gen. Anthony Funkhouser assumed command from Brig. Gen. Peter DeLuca in the ceremony presided over by Maj. Gen. Leslie Smith, Maneuver Support Center of Excellence and Fort Leonard Wood commanding general. Army photo by Michael Curtis/Released

The Afghanistan Engineer District-South family congratulated teammates this week on successfully completing their tours of duty during awards ceremonies held at Kandahar Airfield. Farewells went to Chief Warrant Officer 4 Robert Hopkins and Jennifer Zimmerman.

 

The district family welcomed its newest members, Julie Anderson, Tina Frazier, Summer Howard, Jeff Koontz, Mike Rooney, Tim Morris and Edward Lawrence.

 

Awards for exceptional service were earned by Bee Xiong, Nick Emanuel, Tim Gevedon and Suzette Labial.

 

The Engineers on board the steam powered paddle steamer Waverley preparing for a trip down the river Clyde from Glasgow.

SAVANNAH, Ga. – About 350 middle and high school-age girls and their parents explored career paths in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) during the 3rd Annual Girls Engineer It Day, Feb. 1, 2014 at Woodville Tomkins High School. Members of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Savannah District presented an interactive floodplain model to demonstrate the Corps’ role in managing water resources. Beth Williams, dam and levee safety program manager, and Regulatory Specialists Sherelle Reinhardt and Sarah Wise talked with the students about a variety of topics including wetland conservation, the Corps’ permitting program, and the functions of dams and levees. The Corps employs many STEM professionals to include structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, architects, hydrologists, biologists, natural resource managers, and more. Learn more at www.sas.usace.army.mil. USACE photo by Tracy Robillard.

Having been working in the firebox of a locomotive a young engineer starts to finish up from his days work

Go North East's 3964 (NK06 JXC), Volvo B7TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini, carrying the remains of its "Festival North East" livery having been sanded down, and is pictured here at Go North East's Saltmeadows Road depot awaiting attention from engineers prior to being repainted. 18/07/13

Engineers Day 5k run finishers (and South District's South Park Resident Office employees) celebrate their finish June 16 on Kandahar Airfield. (USACE Photo by Karla Marshall)

A software engineer is a person who applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work. Below we have compiled 100 software engineer quotes that you...

wp.me/p7CdT3-1gt

#Computers, #Engineer, #Quotes, #Software, #SoftwareEngineer

Forestry clearance south of Thornhill on the G&SW now allows a view not seen for many years. Another view of 66430 heading 6K06 a Kilwinning to Carlisle engineers.

Electrical Engineer Eagleby Ph 0412 721 461 to discuss your needs with the Fully Qualified Electrical Engineer for your area, Jim Fredericks - From Eagleby to Ormeau Jim Is Your Electrician. When you need a Fully Qualified And Vastly Experienced Electrical Engineer for a Small Job or a Huge Industrial Installation, Call Jim the Area Electrician

1 2 ••• 12 13 15 17 18 ••• 79 80