View allAll Photos Tagged replace
www.esaet.com/item/1085/compatible-toner-to-replace-dell-....
Save money with the Compatible Alternative Cartridge to replace OEM Dell 3105730 3105730, K5363 High Yield Magenta Laser Toner Cartridge compatible with your Dell 3100cn Color Laser Printer.
We applied for and obtained the building permit. We handled all inspections. We removed the existing concrete driveway. We removed all debris from premises. We graded and compacted all soil. We poured the new concrete driveway and walkways with 4000 PSI concrete with fiber mesh reinforcement. We hand troweled the concrete with a double broom finish. We cut all expansion joints accordingly.
Dunlichity Parish Church and Burial Ground
-
MHG3596 - Dunlichity Parish Church
Summary
Dunlichity Church was built in 1759 to replace an earlier structure of which some walls remain.
Type and Period (1)
CHURCH (18th Century to 19th Century - 1759 AD to 1900 AD)
Grid reference Centred NH 6597 3297 (26m by 9m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH63SE
Civil Parish DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY
Geographical Area INVERNESS
-
MHG25364 - Dunlichity Parish Church, Burial Ground
Summary
The burial ground surrounding Dunlichity Church, dating to the 19th and 20th centuries.
Type and Period (1)
CEMETERY (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
Grid reference Centred NH 6597 3296 (68m by 47m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH63SE
Civil Parish DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY
Geographical Area INVERNESS
-
Dunlichity Parish Church Of Scotland
Church (Period Unassigned), Cup Marked Stone (Prehistoric), Gravestone (Period Unassigned)
Site Name Dunlichity Parish Church Of Scotland
Classification Church (Period Unassigned), Cup Marked Stone (Prehistoric), Gravestone (Period Unassigned)
Canmore ID 13236
Site Number NH63SE 6
NGR NH 65976 32969
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
Permalink canmore.org.uk/site/13236
-
Dunlichity Parish Church Of Scotland, Burial Ground
Burial Ground (Period Unassigned)
Site Name Dunlichity Parish Church Of Scotland, Burial Ground
Classification Burial Ground (Period Unassigned)
Canmore ID 99237
Site Number NH63SE 6.01
NGR NH 65978 32962
NGR Description Centred on NH 65978 32962
Datum OSGB36 - NGR
Permalink canmore.org.uk/site/99237
-
Kitchen and bathroom fittings have been taken as a utility in the past and people did not use to care considerably about it but it has totally changed its utility over the years. Presently individuals set up all the higher class fitting in their kitchens and bathrooms to make it look stylish...
yourbuyonline.net/rewards-of-replacing-your-old-kitchen-f...
The Simpsons Ride, an IMAX Dome 3D motion-simulator, opened in the upper lot of Universal Studios Hollywood in 2008, replacing Back to the Future: The Ride. Guests enter through a giant Krusty the Clown head and pass through carnival‑themed queue and pre‑show rooms where Krusty selects the Simpsons (and the guests) to ride his new extreme attraction at Krustyland. Sideshow Bob hijacks the park and the simulator then takes riders through chaotic scenes on a doomed roller coaster, dark-ride parodies, a water stunt show, and a wild flight over Springfield before everything crashes back at Krustyland’s entrance.
Springfield, a Simpsons-themed land, opened in the upper lot of Universal Studios Hollywood in 2015, expanding the environment around The Simpsons Ride, which opened in 2008. The streetscape features multiple Simpsons-branded food and drink spots, as well as facades for many Springfield landmarks, creating a full "downtown Springfield."
Universal Studios Hollywood, opened in 1964 on the historic Universal lot, blends an active film studio with a theme park built around Universal’s film and television properties. Spread across Upper and Lower Lots linked by the Starway escalators, it offers views of working soundstages alongside attractions that use sets, animatronics, motion simulators, and practical effects. The signature Studio Tour moves through real backlot streets and production areas, while themed lands, dining, and retail spaces extend Universal’s storytelling across the property.
When the church was restored the original stone vaults, which weren't that sturdy, were replaced with fiberglass.
Taken on an excursion cruise on the paddle steamer Waverley, travelling from Westminster to Gravesend to Southend, into the Medway and back again.
Waverley is named after Sir Walter Scott’s Waverley novels. She was built to replace the 1899 Waverley which was sunk by enemy action on May 29, 1940 at Dunkirk.
Waverley’s keel was laid on December 27, 1945 but due to material shortages after the war, she was not ready for launch until October 2, 1946. It wasn’t until the following year on January 20, 1947 that she was towed to Greenock for the installation of her boiler and engines. Her maiden voyage was on June 16, 1947.
Waverley was built for the route up Loch Goil and Loch Long from Craigendoran & Arrochar in West Scotland. She now visits several areas of the UK offering regular trips on the Clyde, The Western Isles, the Thames, South Coast of England and the Bristol Channel with calls at Liverpool & Llandudno.
Waverley is the World’s last seagoing paddle steamer. In 1974, at the end of her working life, she was famously gifted for £1 to the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society. Waverley Steam Navigation Co. Ltd., a charity registered in Scotland, was set up to own and operate the ship. Waverley then began a second career as one of the country’s best-loved tourist attractions. Since she has been in operational preservation, she has been awarded four stars by Visit Scotland, an engineering heritage award, and has carried over 6 million passengers from over 60 ports around the UK.
2003 saw the completion of a £7m Heritage Rebuild which returned Waverley to the original 1940s style in which she was built. This was made possible with major grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund and the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society (PSPS). Contributions also came from Glasgow City Council, Scottish Enterprise Glasgow, the European Regional Development Fund and local authorities.
In May 2019 Waverley was withdrawn from service and a capital appeal was launched to raise £2.3 million to allow her boilers to be replaced and re-commission Waverley for further service. In December 2019 it was announced that the appeal target had been reached.
Despite delays to the boiler refit due to the COVID-19 pandemic Waverley returned to service in August 2020 and operated a short season on the Firth of Clyde. After a successful season on the Clyde the following year, Waverley will be returning to other sailing areas in 2022.
2022 marked 75 years since Waverley’s maiden voyage on June 16, 1947.
Paddle steamer history
In 1812, when Henry Bell’s paddle steamer Comet became the world’s first commercial steamship to operate in coastal waters, a tradition was started which remains alive today only in the form of the world’s last seagoing paddle steamer, Waverley.
From the 1860’s onward, paddle steamers developed an important niche in the coastal passenger and excursion trade. Large fleets served the cities, towns, villages and resorts of the Firth of Clyde, the Bristol Channel, the South Coast of England, London and the Thames Estuary.
Paddle Steamers also made a significant contribution to the war effort as minesweepers in both World Wars, and indeed Waverley is named after and was built to replace the previous Waverley who performed a heroic role at Dunkirk in May 1940 before being sunk by enemy action.
With a few exceptions, the Clyde steamers were owned and operated by railway companies. These were largely commuter ferries linking all the villages with the nearest railhead for onward travel.
Technical Data:
Hull - Passenger Paddle Steamer. Construction: Riveted steel. Hull designed by A&J Inglis at Glasgow in 1946, built 1947 by A. & J. Inglis Ltd. at Pointhouse.
LOA: 240′ 0″, Beam: 58′ 0″, Draft: 6′ 0″, Displacement: 1524600 lbs. Hull Number 1330P. The ‘P’ signifies the Pointhouse yard as A&J Inglis was by that time part of Harland and Wolff in Belfast. Originally certificated to carry 1350 passengers. With almost 70 years of updates to worldwide passenger carrying regulations and safety policies in place, Waverley’s carrying capacity has gradually been reduced and she can now carry up to 860 passengers.
Boilers - 3 pass wetback reversal chamber built and designed by Cochran of Annan, installed April 2020. Fuel: Marine Gas Oil, Pressure: 180 psi, Output: 22500 lbs/hr, 105″ dia X 199″ long Steel barrel. 184 X 2″ dia Steel tubes. Welded with rolled in fire tubes construction, condensing, forced draft fan, steam feed pump, electric feed pump, feed water heater, whistle, Originally fitted with a double ended Scotch boiler, this was replaced in 1981 with a Babcock Steambloc boiler.
Engine - Diagonal Triple Expansion. 24″ + 39″ + 62″ X 66″ Built 1947 by Rankin & Blackmore Ltd. at Greenock Design: Paddle Inside PV on HP. Outside PV on MP. Bal SV on LP valve. Stephenson valve gear. Power: 2100 HP Engine Number 520. Normal service speed of 13 knots at 44 rpm. Maximum speed 18 knots at 57 rpm. Shell and tube surface condenser. Full set of steam auxiliaries.
Paddles - 8 Feathering floats. 216″ diameter, 132″ wide. Each paddle float is 36″ deep. There are always two full floats worth in the water at any one time. Each float is 33 square feet in area.
[WaverleyExcursions.co.uk]
Visit www.askthehardwareguy.com for more do it yourself tips. I show the step on how to remove a toilet seat. To replace a toilet seat you will need a…
See more about Remove China Toilet Seat - Replacing a China Toilet Seat
(Posted by Douzer Bathroom)
The Chapel of St. Mary on the Bridge
The first chapel on the site was probably built late in the 13th century alongside the original stone bridge, which had been completed some years earlier. Late in the 14th century this chapel was replaced by the present, somewhat larger, building. The principal purpose of the chapel was to serve the needs of travellers who, on leaving the safety of the town and mindful of the uncertain dangers in the countryside beyond, would call there to hear mass and pray for a safe journey. Many of the incoming travellers would doubtless have spent a few minutes in the chapel to give thanks for a safe journey. They might also have received a pot of refreshing ale from the so-called hermit, who acted as the caretaker of the building. One of his less popular duties was the collection of tolls, levied on goods and animals, for the maintenance of the bridge.
Soon after the present chapel was built a cell was constructed to house an anchoress, a woman who had withdrawn from the world to live a solitary life of silence and prayer. In the 15th century the chapel became a noted centre of pilgrimage, second only in local importance to the nearby shrine of St. Alkmund. The chapel was richly endowed through the efforts of many benefactors during the Middle Ages and thanks to their generosity the chapel also housed the much-revered figure known as the Black Virgin of Derby. When the Reformation took hold, the practices associated with the chapel were regarded as idolatrous and it was closed in 1547; a few years later it and the adjoining house were handed back to the burgesses of Derby.
On 25th July 1588 the most notorious event in the history of the chapel took place when the bodies of three Roman Catholic priests, who had been executed as traitors the day before, were draped around its entrance. Two of these priests, Nicholas Garlick and Robert Ludlam, had been arrested at Padley Manor, in the north of Derbyshire, and were brought to Derby for trial together with Richard Simpson who had already been imprisoned. Unfortunately for them the country was in a state of turmoil because of the approaching Spanish Armada and so there was no hope of a reprieve. Collectively they became known as the Padley Martyrs.
Subsequently the chapel lapsed into relative obscurity. After being used for some years as a meeting room for Presbyterians it was converted to domestic use. During the 17th Century the present Bridge Chapel House was built to replace the former priest’s house. At the end of the 18th century the original bridge, which by then was in a poor state, was replaced by the present bridge which was designed by Thomas Harrison. Somewhat later the chapel was used as a workshop and storeroom for a local engineering works and then in 1873 it became once again a place of worship. In 1912 the chapel was closed and allowed to deteriorate so that by the 1920s it was in a ruinous state. Eventually it was rescued through the efforts of the Derbyshire Archaeological Society and the generosity of the children of the late Sir Alfred Seale Haslam, a former mayor of Derby. The restoration of the chapel was carried out in 1930 under the direction of local architects Percy Currey and Charles Thompson, in close cooperation with the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.
The chapel has been used as a place of worship ever since and now is often regarded as the Lady Chapel of the Cathedral. The interior is notable for its simplicity; of particular interest are the east window, designed by Mary Dobson, and the altar, designed by Ronald Pope.
Finally got around today to planting the area in the front where we pulled out the builder's standard privacy bush (yay!)
Also, the lawn has grown into the wall Anna built! :)
We applied for and obtained the building permit. We handled all inspections. We removed the existing concrete driveway. We removed all debris from premises. We graded and compacted all soil. We poured the new concrete driveway and walkways with 4000 PSI concrete with fiber mesh reinforcement. We hand troweled the concrete with a double broom finish. We cut all expansion joints accordingly.
Built in 1905-1908, this Prairie-style building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright for the congregation of the Unity Church of Oak Park, founded in 1871, and replaced an earlier church that had burned. The building takes inspiration from Mayan architecture, an influence that would become more prominent in Wright’s work during the late 1910s and early 1920s, and is the earliest building designed by Wright to be built of concrete, and the most famous of the Unitarian-Universalist churches designed by Wright, whose family was heavily involved in the church. The building is decorated with abstract geometric motifs, rather than the more typical religious decoration of churches built during the period, nor does the building feature a spire or steeple. The building’s sanctuary is shaped like a greek cross, and is lit by art glass clerestory windows and skylights. The building’s primary entrances are perpendicular to Lake Street at the lowest section of the structure, which contains a lobby, and open onto courtyards screened by low concrete walls and planters. At the south end of the building is Unity House, which contains a fellowship hall, classrooms, and a kitchen, and at the north end is the sanctuary, which stands alongside Lake Street. The south and north wings feature windows flanked by rectilinear concrete columns with decorative geometric motifs, which support canopies that project outwards below the building’s parapets. The corners of both structures consist of large, low-slung concrete piers, which large concrete planters demarcate the entrances to the entrance courtyards on the east and west sides of the building. Inside, the sanctuary features decorative geometric woodwork, custom light fixtures, wooden screens, a second-story balcony, and is entered through low hallways that are situated below the floor of the sanctuary, which are referred to on the plans as “cloisters.” Like many of Wright’s buildings during the time period, the building uses compression and release, as well as careful placement of trim elements, to create a sense of grandeur and define the space in a way that is not directly related to the actual structure of the building, but rather is influenced by smaller details, with various parts of the building visually communicating to visitors their purpose and providing a form of wayfinding without signage. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970, and is a contributing structure in the Ridgeland-Oak Park Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The building is one of the sites that comprises The 20th-Century Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright UNESCO World Heritage Site, designated in 2019. Today, the building remains in use as a Unitarian-Universalist church.
August 2010: Construction of the new University of Aberdeen Library to replace the Queen Mother Library (QML)