View allAll Photos Tagged Addition

New additions to the family.

Another addition to the collection. This time a Fender 'Classic Player' 50's Stratocaster, with a few modifications made in the right-hand image. The changes are relatively few, just a change to a gold anodised aluminium scratchplate, a Wilkinson VS50MkII tremelo bridge, some Schaller straplocks and a roller string-tree. Things like pickup swaps and shielding will come later.

Middlebury, Vermont USA • Clinton Smith, architect / builder. • Queen Anne style, brick, gable roof, 2 story. Features: side tower (with original bell returned 2008), segmented arch window, decorative brickwork, entry columns, marble, keystone, Queen Anne window, belfry, name inscription, distinctive chimney, lintels. • Immaculately restored, with an addition, 1997-2008; emerging as the Town Hall Theater.

 

Clinton Smith (1846-1905) was a prolific Victorian Era builder and architect. The vast majority of his extant work has shaped the town of Middlebury, and centers in Addison County, Vermont.

 

Town Hall is part of the Middlebury Village Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places (#76000223), since November 13, 1976.

 

☞ This structure is listed on the Vermont State Register of Historic Places. Source: Data excerpts from "The Historic Architecture of Addison County: including a listing of the Vermont State Register of Historic Places"; Vermont Division of Historic Preservation; Curtis B. Johnson, Editor; © 1992.

 

☞ See an explorable Google Map with geolocations for over 70 related Clinton Smith sites.

Another home in the Brownes Addition

Title: Library Addition

Date: 1960

Description: Early view of library addition, 1960.

ID: RS-4-8-I.Library.258-04-06-03

 

Copyright 2013, Iowa State University Library, University Archives

For Reproductions: www.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html

New addition to the River Walk at the newly opened west end of the walk.

 

Dancing water fountain!

 

From the Loop we then walked over to the Chicago River Walk just because.

Lawrence Martin, 2nd Prize at "Sleeping Porch" competition

In addition to being an aviation nerd I'm also a bit of a nautical nerd. :) I blame it on my growing up on a lake and constantly being surrounded by boats and ships.

 

This is a model of a famous Flying P-Liner "Pamir" which was owned by a German shipping company named "F. Laeisz." which while transporting barley from Buenos Aires to Hamburg, this ship was lost at sea in 1957. It sank right here: 35° 57′ 0″ N, 40° 20′ 0″ W

 

It was caught in a hurricane and started to capsize. Flooding the ballast tanks would have helped prevent the ship from listing as much as it did and probably kept it upright, but no order to do so was ever given. No officers survived, nor did the captain so the reasons for capsizing remain uncertain. Of the 86 member crew, only 6 were rescued.

All the chunks of concrete that were cut out of the floor came up embellished with gravel ... people pay good money at home supply stores for this stuff!

A nice day for a stroll downtown, Detroit

 

SBC Building

Pepe, our Pomeranian and newest family member.

In addition to being at NAS Oceana for the homecoming of Carrier Air Wing 7, I was also present at Naval Station Norfolk to record the U.S.S. Eisenhower (CVN-69) return home following a 4 month deployment. The Eisenhower was deployed 10 out of the last 12 months.

View of the house from the rear yard after the first phase of construction was complete. This portion of the basic construction of the house (addition and renovation) was completed in 1997.

  

architect: Raimist architecture, Inc.

 

project: Raimist Residence.

 

location: Kirkwood, Missouri

 

photograph: Alise O'Brien

I added 1 jar of powdered PB2 PeanutButter and 1 jar of PB2 ChocolatePeanutButter along with 3oz of Organic Raw Cacao Nibs. The people over at Bell Plantation have figured out a way to remove 85% of the fat from this stuff... making the possibility of peanut butter beer a much more reasonable idea.

With the addition of another trainset, MTA New York City Transit President Demetrius Crichlow announces that the entire operating fleet of Staten Island Railway trains consists of the new tech R211S model during a press conference at St. George on Friday, Sep 12, 2025.

 

(Marc A. Hermann / MTA)

A couple of additions from yesterday's set at the Inn of Olde. I was fooling around with split toning.

Thank you everyone for your support!!

 

1. Patience, 2. Cactus Garden, 3. Come Sit..., 4. Autumn Bokeh, 5. Autumn Falls, 6. Waterfall In Autumn, 7. Pumpkin Wagon, 8. HBW :),

 

9. Indian Leaf Butterfly, 10. Monarch, 11. Mini Ghost Pumpkins, 12. Concentration, 13. :), 14. Gotcha, 15. Open Your Heart, 16. Me & My Shadow,

 

17. Autumn Begins Today, 18. Take My Picture..., 19. Happy Friday!, 20. Are You Ready For Autumn?, 21. Smile...It's Saturday!, 22. Harvest Time, 23. Never Forget, 24. Hold on Loosely,

 

25. Untitled, 26. The Glow, 27. No Sunshine Today..., 28. Floating Away, 29. Final Days of Summer, 30. American Copper Butterfly, 31. Monarch Caterpillar, 32. Into the Fog,

 

33. Plainville, We Have Liftoff, 34. Glowing, 35. Hot Air Balloons - Morning Lift Off, 36. Indian Pipe, 37. Nature's Stained Glass, 38. Reaching for the Sky, 39. Great Egret, 40. Good Night,

 

41. Hummingbird Moth, 42. Sunshine, 43. Rockin Robin, 44. Queen Anne's Lace, 45. Golden Shroom, 46. Hanging Around, 47. Keeping An Eye On You, 48. Ready for Takeoff,

 

49. July Sunset, 50. Bottoms Up!, 51. Thank you!, 52. Untitled, 53. Sitting on the Dock, 54. Great Spangled Fritillary, 55. Independence Day, 56. Fireworks,

 

57. Beauty of Spring, 58. Awaken, 59. Mr. Shy, 60. Buttercup, 61. Carpenter Falls, 62. Tumbling Down, 63. Double Trouble, 64. Go with the Flow,

 

65. Swamped, 66. Dark-eyed Junco, 67. Good Morning Friends, 68. Eastern Bluebird, 69. On top of the world!, 70. Bluebird, 71. In Disguise, 72. Nature's Polka Dots

 

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

In addition to guarding The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Tomb Guards have many daily rituals they must perform in preparation of their walk on the plaza. Soldiers must first press and steam out all wrinkles from their uniforms. Next, they must clean and buff out all scratches and dirtiness from their medals and decorations. Third, they must practice their rifle movements to ensure crisp and sharp movements are always executed. Finally, the Tomb Guards put on their uniforms and ensure that it immaculate and free of lint. Then the walk begins. (U.S. Army photos by Sgt. George Huley)

The Clark County School District (CCSD) held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate the new addition at West Preparatory Institute School for Academic Excellence at Charles I. West Hall (West Prep Academy). This event gave the community their first look at the school's new single story building featuring 34 elementary school classrooms that are replacing portables, with funds from the 1998 Capital Improvement Program.

I tried to get a picture of the front of the house, but the trees are in the way.

Construction progress, Addition, Clark Art Institute, Williamstown, MA. Architect: Tadao Ando.

I haven't been keeping up with these as much because there are so many now. But she's unique in her bubblegum pink! And what a name!

The Friday Mosque as it stands now is the result of continual construction, reconstruction, additions and renovations on the site from around 771 to the end of the twentieth century. Archaeological excavation has determined an Abbasid hypostyle mosque in place by the 10th century. Buyid construction lined a façade around the courtyard and added two minarets that are the earliest example of the double minaret on record.

 

Construction under the Seljuqs included the addition of two brick domed chambers, for which the mosque is renowned. The south dome was built to house the mihrab in 1086-87 by Nizam al-Mulk, the famous vizier of Malik Shah, and was larger than any dome known at its time. The north dome was constructed a year later by Nizam al-Mulk's rival Taj al-Mulk. The function of this domed chamber is uncertain. Although it was situated along the north-south axis, it was located outside the boundaries of the mosque. The dome was certainly built as a direct riposte to the earlier south dome, and successfully so, claiming its place as a masterpiece in Persian architecture for its structural clarity and geometric balance. Iwans were also added in stages under the Seljuqs, giving the mosque its current four-iwan form, a type which subsequently became prevalent in Iran and the rest of the Islamic world.

 

Responding to functional needs of the space, political ambition, religious developments, and changes in taste, further additions and modifications took place incorporating elements from the Mongols, Muzzafarids, Timurids and Safavids. Of note is the elaborately carved stucco mihrab commissioned in 1310 by Mongol ruler Oljaytu, located in a side prayer hall built within the western arcade. Safavid intervention was largely decorative, with the addition of muqarnas, glazed tilework, and minarets flanking the south iwan.

 

The cupolas and piers that form the hypostyle area between the iwans are undated and varied in style, endlessly modified with repairs, reconstructions and additions.

   

The Friday Mosque as it stands now is the result of continual construction, reconstruction, additions and renovations on the site from around 771 to the end of the twentieth century. Archaeological excavation has determined an Abbasid hypostyle mosque in place by the 10th century. Buyid construction lined a façade around the courtyard and added two minarets that are the earliest example of the double minaret on record.

 

Construction under the Seljuqs included the addition of two brick domed chambers, for which the mosque is renowned. The south dome was built to house the mihrab in 1086-87 by Nizam al-Mulk, the famous vizier of Malik Shah, and was larger than any dome known at its time. The north dome was constructed a year later by Nizam al-Mulk's rival Taj al-Mulk. The function of this domed chamber is uncertain. Although it was situated along the north-south axis, it was located outside the boundaries of the mosque. The dome was certainly built as a direct riposte to the earlier south dome, and successfully so, claiming its place as a masterpiece in Persian architecture for its structural clarity and geometric balance. Iwans were also added in stages under the Seljuqs, giving the mosque its current four-iwan form, a type which subsequently became prevalent in Iran and the rest of the Islamic world.

 

Responding to functional needs of the space, political ambition, religious developments, and changes in taste, further additions and modifications took place incorporating elements from the Mongols, Muzzafarids, Timurids and Safavids. Of note is the elaborately carved stucco mihrab commissioned in 1310 by Mongol ruler Oljaytu, located in a side prayer hall built within the western arcade. Safavid intervention was largely decorative, with the addition of muqarnas, glazed tilework, and minarets flanking the south iwan.

 

The cupolas and piers that form the hypostyle area between the iwans are undated and varied in style, endlessly modified with repairs, reconstructions and additions.

   

The Friday Mosque as it stands now is the result of continual construction, reconstruction, additions and renovations on the site from around 771 to the end of the twentieth century. Archaeological excavation has determined an Abbasid hypostyle mosque in place by the 10th century. Buyid construction lined a façade around the courtyard and added two minarets that are the earliest example of the double minaret on record.

 

Construction under the Seljuqs included the addition of two brick domed chambers, for which the mosque is renowned. The south dome was built to house the mihrab in 1086-87 by Nizam al-Mulk, the famous vizier of Malik Shah, and was larger than any dome known at its time. The north dome was constructed a year later by Nizam al-Mulk's rival Taj al-Mulk. The function of this domed chamber is uncertain. Although it was situated along the north-south axis, it was located outside the boundaries of the mosque. The dome was certainly built as a direct riposte to the earlier south dome, and successfully so, claiming its place as a masterpiece in Persian architecture for its structural clarity and geometric balance. Iwans were also added in stages under the Seljuqs, giving the mosque its current four-iwan form, a type which subsequently became prevalent in Iran and the rest of the Islamic world.

 

Responding to functional needs of the space, political ambition, religious developments, and changes in taste, further additions and modifications took place incorporating elements from the Mongols, Muzzafarids, Timurids and Safavids. Of note is the elaborately carved stucco mihrab commissioned in 1310 by Mongol ruler Oljaytu, located in a side prayer hall built within the western arcade. Safavid intervention was largely decorative, with the addition of muqarnas, glazed tilework, and minarets flanking the south iwan.

 

The cupolas and piers that form the hypostyle area between the iwans are undated and varied in style, endlessly modified with repairs, reconstructions and additions.

   

The Friday Mosque as it stands now is the result of continual construction, reconstruction, additions and renovations on the site from around 771 to the end of the twentieth century. Archaeological excavation has determined an Abbasid hypostyle mosque in place by the 10th century. Buyid construction lined a façade around the courtyard and added two minarets that are the earliest example of the double minaret on record.

 

Construction under the Seljuqs included the addition of two brick domed chambers, for which the mosque is renowned. The south dome was built to house the mihrab in 1086-87 by Nizam al-Mulk, the famous vizier of Malik Shah, and was larger than any dome known at its time. The north dome was constructed a year later by Nizam al-Mulk's rival Taj al-Mulk. The function of this domed chamber is uncertain. Although it was situated along the north-south axis, it was located outside the boundaries of the mosque. The dome was certainly built as a direct riposte to the earlier south dome, and successfully so, claiming its place as a masterpiece in Persian architecture for its structural clarity and geometric balance. Iwans were also added in stages under the Seljuqs, giving the mosque its current four-iwan form, a type which subsequently became prevalent in Iran and the rest of the Islamic world.

 

Responding to functional needs of the space, political ambition, religious developments, and changes in taste, further additions and modifications took place incorporating elements from the Mongols, Muzzafarids, Timurids and Safavids. Of note is the elaborately carved stucco mihrab commissioned in 1310 by Mongol ruler Oljaytu, located in a side prayer hall built within the western arcade. Safavid intervention was largely decorative, with the addition of muqarnas, glazed tilework, and minarets flanking the south iwan.

 

The cupolas and piers that form the hypostyle area between the iwans are undated and varied in style, endlessly modified with repairs, reconstructions and additions.

   

The Friday Mosque as it stands now is the result of continual construction, reconstruction, additions and renovations on the site from around 771 to the end of the twentieth century. Archaeological excavation has determined an Abbasid hypostyle mosque in place by the 10th century. Buyid construction lined a façade around the courtyard and added two minarets that are the earliest example of the double minaret on record.

 

Construction under the Seljuqs included the addition of two brick domed chambers, for which the mosque is renowned. The south dome was built to house the mihrab in 1086-87 by Nizam al-Mulk, the famous vizier of Malik Shah, and was larger than any dome known at its time. The north dome was constructed a year later by Nizam al-Mulk's rival Taj al-Mulk. The function of this domed chamber is uncertain. Although it was situated along the north-south axis, it was located outside the boundaries of the mosque. The dome was certainly built as a direct riposte to the earlier south dome, and successfully so, claiming its place as a masterpiece in Persian architecture for its structural clarity and geometric balance. Iwans were also added in stages under the Seljuqs, giving the mosque its current four-iwan form, a type which subsequently became prevalent in Iran and the rest of the Islamic world.

 

Responding to functional needs of the space, political ambition, religious developments, and changes in taste, further additions and modifications took place incorporating elements from the Mongols, Muzzafarids, Timurids and Safavids. Of note is the elaborately carved stucco mihrab commissioned in 1310 by Mongol ruler Oljaytu, located in a side prayer hall built within the western arcade. Safavid intervention was largely decorative, with the addition of muqarnas, glazed tilework, and minarets flanking the south iwan.

 

The cupolas and piers that form the hypostyle area between the iwans are undated and varied in style, endlessly modified with repairs, reconstructions and additions.

  

This map reflects two significant additions to Centenary’s campus in the 1970s with both the Gold Dome and Hamilton Hall constructed in 1971. Hamilton offered a new building for college administrators, who vacated one of the oldest buildings on campus – the two-story brick structure built in 1924 on Centenary Boulevard. This was renovated in 1975 and became Meadows Museum of Art.

 

Source:

Centenary College of Louisiana Catalogue for the academic years 1977-1979 (Shreveport, LA: Centenary College of Louisiana, 1977), page 162.

to the family...

thanks aunt Jo!

 

sorry for the poorly composed pic

Queens Farm Park, Floral Park, Queens

 

The Creedmoor farmhouse is a rare surviving example of a colonial farmhouse in the Borough of Queens. The oldest portion,, which can be dated through an examination of physical evidence to the mid-18th century, reflects the mixture of Dutch colonial and Hew England influences common in old houses of Long Island where the two cultures met.

 

Various additions were made to the house during the 19th century; the most notable in about 1840 doubled the size of the house. The unusual character of the farmhouse is further enhanced by its fifty-two acre farm site which is virtually unchanged from the tine the house was built.

 

Mid-18th century records indicate that the land on which the house stands belonged to Samuel Cornell. It was inherited by his daughters Elizabeth Hicks and Mary Hicks Searing, and by his grandson Samuel Kicks after his death in 1796. The size of the original house, only two rooms, suggests that it may have been built for one of Samuel Cornell's daughters following her marriage, or it could have been used as a tenant house on the family farm.

 

In his will Samuel Cornell leaves the use of his "dwelling house" to his wife Hannah and his daughter Mary Searing; however, to his daughter Elizabeth he leaves "that part of my lands where she now lives with the house...."

 

It is a reasonable assumption that this refers to the Creedmoor farmhouse especially since Elizabeth was married in 1758 to Edward Hicks, and physical evidence indicates that the house is of about this date. The Cornells are one of New York's earliest and most illustrious families. Thomas Cornell, the founder of the family, cane to Boston from County Essex, England, about 1638.

 

His son Richard settled in Flushing about 1655, and later , also in Far Rockaway where the Richard Cornell Graveyard is a designated New York City Landmark. The Samuel Cornell who is associated with the farmhouse at Creedmoor is Richard's great grandson.

 

John Bennum and his wife Johanna Stoothoff acquired the house and farm from Samuel Cornell's heirs sometime in the early 1800s. They came to the area from Flatlands in Brooklyn sometime between 1802 and 1808.

 

An 1812 mortgage on the property shows that Bennum owned it by that time. Daniel and Jane Lent and then Peter Cocx also owned the farm during the 19th century. Most of the additions date from the period of Cocx's ownership. The Stattel family was the last to farm the property. In 1926 the Brooklyn State Hospital purchased the farm to increase the acreage of their Creedmoor branch which had been established in 1912, The farm was used to grow food for the mental patients at Creedmoor; the patients also worked in the fields as therapy.

 

In 1913 the Department of Mental Hygiene of the State of New York declared the farm belonging to the Creedmoor Psychiatric Center as surplus property.

 

In response to the community, it is now intended to transfer the property to the City so the land may be kept as open space with uses restricted to recreation and for agricultural and horticultural programs of local educational institutions.

 

In 1975 it was discovered that the house on the farm dated back to the 18th century, and the Colonial Farmhouse Restoration Society of Bellerose was formed to care for the house. The group was granted a permit in February, 1976, to occupy the house, conduct the restoration, and coordinate the educational activities at the farm.

 

The Creedmoor farmhouse as seen today includes a series of additions which were made over a period of years to the Dutch farmhouse of c.1750.

 

An eastern portion was added to the original house in about 1840 in a simplified version of the Greek Revival style, identifiable mainly on the interior. In 1875 a wing was added to the north and in about 1885 porches were constructed on the east and south sides with a porch extension along the west side after the turn of the century.

 

The farm buildings on the site were built after 1927 and may well be the last farm buildings to have been constructed in Queens County.

 

As seen from the south, the most significant element of the house is a wood-columned porch which extends the entire width of the front and along the sides. Above the porch is a series of fascia-type low windows set just below the eave. In the western portion these probably replaced a projected or spring eave which, judging from the north elevation of this portion of the house, must have once been a notable feature on the south side.

 

The double-pitched roof with rather high gables at each end maintains a continuous ridge from end to end. The dormer window at the south was a later addition. The porch is the most conspicuous feature at each end of the house; four windows are placed above it at the west.

 

The vernacular north wing is set behind the Greek Revival portion of the house revealing the original spring eave of the old portion of the house to the west of it as well as twelve-over-twelve window sash and original shingles exposed about twelve inches to the weather and secured by hand-wrought nails.

 

A portion of this old shingle facing is also exposed on the south side to the right of the front door. Two original windows in the north wall, complete with heavy muntined sash, follow the Dutch pattern of placing their tops right up against the second story floor boards.

 

The old portion of the house was constructed with the characteristic Dutch framing. It consists of a series of closely spaced transverse "vents" comprised of floor beams with tenons set into morticed uprights at the wall. The framing is of oak with beams of tulip poplar. The exterior walls have "wattle and daub" nogging consisting of clay with a straw binder set between the studs as insulation.

 

Except for the western portion of the north wall, the other exterior walls have been re-sided with narrow clapboard. Without this portion of the north wall, it would be almost impossible to determine the real age of the house.

 

The extent of the old portion has been largely deduced from a study of the interiors.

 

The chimney, set just north of the ridgepole, is probably too small to be the original. As seen in the cellar, the base of the chimney is constructed of stone piers with brick arch between them, designed to support back-to-back fireplaces above. This would have resulted in a large square chimney above the roof.

 

The chimney placement is indicative of New England influence. The house rests on a foundation of native field stone with mud-packed joints.

 

The old portion of this house might be described as "Dutch Colonial" and indeed the reference is correct in describing the general style of this type of house; however, the stylistic elements of this so-called 'Dutch Colonial" architecture were actually brought over to this country during the 1600s by Flemings and Walloons who had fled before the Spanish invasion of Flanders in the 1620s.

 

They first arrived in densely populated Holland, only to subsequently emigrate to America where they lived under Dutch rule. This is probably the reason why houses built by the Flemish were referred to as Dutch.

 

One of the distinctive features of the "Dutch Colonial" house is the projected, or spring, roof eave which may have initially acted as an overhang to give protection to masonry walls from cascading rain water and snow.

 

Many houses on Long Island made traditional use of this detail despite the fact that most of them were constructed of wood, a material which was plentiful on Long Island. This traditional spring eave also provided shelter for stoops and benches at the entrance doors.

 

- From the 1976 NYCLPC Landmark Designation Report

The new addition to the Ft. Sam Theatre will seat 600 people and features:

 

-state-of-the-art lighting and acoustics

-a dance studio with the same wood floor as the stage

-a performers' lounge

-an audio/video mixing and recording studio

-Army Entertainment command suite and administrative offices

-an outdoor projector for projecting images against the addition's upper wall

-receiving ramps for moving sets from trucks to theatre

-catwalks rigged to the ceiling for production personnel

-an 80-foot “fly house” pulley system for quick set changes

 

Designed and outfitted with the latest equipment and features based on a design by RKJ, Inc. subcontractor construction team. Wrightson, Johnson, Haddon and Williams Theater Consultants, the same company that designed the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, contributed design concepts as well. Husband-and-wife theatre veterans Steve Smith and Nicole Coppinger brought their thespian background and insight to the project. The team proposed the theatre as the new home of the Army Soldier, and it will also play host to Operation Rising Star, USA Express, and concerts from touring music and entertainment stars.

 

Smith, technical director for the Army Soldier Show, has 20 years' experience in professional theatre and got his start working in Army Entertainment at Ft. Gordon. Coppinger, set designer for the Soldier Show, received her bachelor's degree in fine arts and has worked on Broadway in New York City. They worked with RKJ Construction, Inc., IMCOM Force Management Division and the Army Corps of Engineers to ensure that the new theatre would meet the standards necessary for a comprehensive training venue for budding artists and a Broadway-caliber theatre.

 

At the same time, all parties took great care to ensure that the front part of the original theatre, which contains the stage, main lobby, ticket box, original entrance and facade and VIP seating were restored to their authentic 1927 look. The carpet, paint, furniture, wood etching and silk banners hanging from the ceiling will all be restored or replicated as closely to the original as possible.

 

The project, which cost $18 million, started in early 2009 and will be completed in September 2011.

 

__________________________________________

 

About the U.S. Army Installation Management Community:

IMCOM handles the day-to-day operations of U.S. Army installations around the globe – We are the Army's Home. Army installations are communities that provide many of the same types of services expected from any small city. Fire, police, public works, housing, and child-care are just some of the things IMCOM does in Army communities every day. We endeavor to provide a quality of life for Soldiers, Civilians and Families commensurate with their service. Our professional workforce strives to deliver on the commitments of the Army Family Covenant, honor the sacrifices of military Families, and enable the Army Force Generation cycle.

 

Our Mission: To provide Soldiers, Civilians and their Families with a quality of life commensurate with the quality of their service.

 

Our Vision: Army installations are the Department of Defense standard for infrastructure quality and are the provider of consistent, quality services that are a force multiplier in supported organizations’ mission accomplishment, and materially enhance Soldier, Civilian and Family well-being and readiness.

 

To learn more about IMCOM:

Homepage: www.imcom.army.mil/hq

twitter.com/armyimcom

www.facebook.com/InstallationManagementCommunity

www.youtube.com/installationmgt

www.scribd.com/IMCOMPubs

ireport.cnn.com/people/HQIMCOMPA

www.flickr.com/photos/imcom/

One more addition to the squarnimalz family on LEGO Ideas.

A WONDERFUL addition to our Zoo trip last week. This goreous Jaguar was at the Stone Zoo, in Stoneham, Massachusetts. The doors close to visits at 4:30pm and we arrived at the gates at 4:23pm. At the last minute, Tristen was determined that both his Grandmas got see both Zoos, so Jesse was able to manuever through rush hour traffic well enough to get us there just in time for a short visit. We actually ended up locked in --- and contemplated being able to stay in the Zoo over night. The security guy that unlocked the gates for us mentioned that night time is "kinda scarey -- the sounds are chilling" in the dark.

The Jaguar Lady above and below was actually just yawning --- patiently waiting for supper to be served. We've discovered that being in either Zoo around closing time is the BEST time --- the activity is phenomenally more intense --- and one sees interaction between human personnel and the animals that lets you know that there is alot of love and caring and respect going on.

  

Valencia College celebrates its 50th annual Commencement ceremony at Addition Financial Arena on May 5, 2019 in Orlando, Fla. Images from the afternoon ceremony.

Songkran 2007 - A new addition to UNESCO's list and a subject of hot debate - the temple on the Thai-Cambodian border, called either Preah Vihear (Cambodian) or Khao Phra Viharn (Thai)

 

whc.unesco.org/en/list/1224

 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preah_Vihear_Temple

A clue can be glimpsed of which well-known local business owner had this curious addition built

1960s Clausen & Son Danish teak credenza. I'm currently pricing a white carrera marble slab to put on top.

1 2 ••• 20 21 23 25 26 ••• 79 80