View allAll Photos Tagged forms
Formed back in 1997 with an idea to mix progressive rock, doom metal and 70’s-inspired psychedelic rock. SUBTERRANEAN MASQUERADE creates music with that edge of extreme metal and the loose atmosphere of Pink Floyd and Iron butterfly. While admittedly not such a pioneering idea on its own, the vision of freeing metal music from genre boundaries, wrapped by grand production is what often make the band’s music sound like a carnival of different colors and scents… a masquerade!
SUBTERRANEAN MASQUERADE’s music first came into the world back in 2000 with a cover version of Peter Murphy’s classic “Cut’s you up”. The cover, released as part of an 80’s metal cover compilation album, was recorded with guest appearances by Tomas Lindberg of At the Gates, Kobi Farhi of Orphaned Land and produced by Dori Bar Or from Eternal Gray.
---
ProgPower Europe is a progressive metal festival in the Dutch village of Baarlo (Limburg) with a wide variety of upcoming and established bands in the genre. ProgPower is not only known for its interesting music, but also for its unique atmosphere. It’s no surprise that ProgPower has many regular visitors who celebrate progressive metal in Baarlo every year.
Hong Kong Tramways (Chinese: 香港電車) is a tram system in Hong Kong and one of the earliest forms of public transport in the metropolis. Owned and operated by Veolia Transport RATP Asia, the tramway runs on Hong Kong Island between Shau Kei Wan and Kennedy Town, with a branch circulating through Happy Valley.
Trams in Hong Kong have not only been a form of commuter transport for over 110 years, but also a major tourist attraction and one of the most environmentally friendly ways of travelling in Hong Kong. The tram system is the only one in the world operated exclusively with double-decker trams, and is one of only three non-heritage tram systems in the world that use double-deck cars.
The tram is the cheapest mode of public transport on the island. The comparatively affordable fare is highlighted by Hong Kong Tramways' advertising slogan: "Hop on 1. $2.3. Tram so easy!"
HISTORY
Hong Kong's tram system was inaugurated using electric trams. It has never used horse or steam power.
TIMELINE
1881: Tramway system is proposed for Hong Kong.
1901: Proposal is accepted by Hong Kong Government.
1902: Hong Kong Tramway Electric Company Limited founded.
1902: Name changed to Electric Traction Company of Hong Kong Limited.
1903: Construction of a single-track system began, from Kennedy Town to Causeway Bay. The route was later extended to Shau Kei Wan.
1904: Bodies of the first fleet of 26 tramcars were built in the United Kingdom. They were then shipped in pieces Hung Hom to be assembled. The tramcars were all single-deck. Ten tramcars were designed for first class passengers and the others were for third class passengers. The first-class compartment was enclosed in the centre with two long benches on both sides, with both the front and back ends open. Seating capacity was 32 passengers. The third-class tramcars were open-sided, with six sets of benches running crossways, back to back, seating 48 passengers. Tram fares for the first and the third class were 10 cents and 5 cents respectively. Initially, the company planned to divide the trams into 3 classes, but subsequently only first and third class were chosen for ease of operation.
1910: Name of the company changed to The Hong Kong Tramway Company Limited.
1912: Owing to strong passenger demand, the first double-deck tramcar was introduced in 1912. The tramcar had an open top design, fitted with garden-type seats. The first class occupied the upper deck and one-third of the lower deck. Ten new tramcars were constructed.
1922: Electricity was contracted and supplied by Hong Kong Electric Co. Ltd (HEC). Company name changed to Hong Kong Tramways Limited.
1925: Enclosed double-decker trams replaced open-top trams.
1932: North Point Depot came into service.
1941: Japanese Occupation took place. Very limited tram service was provided. Only 12 tramcars were in operation daily from Causeway Bay to Western Market. One single-decker tram was used as freight transport.
1945: After three years and eight months of Japanese Occupation, all 109 tramcars still remained, but only 15 were operational. By October 1945, 40 tramcars were back in service.
1949: Single-track system was replaced by double-track system in August.
1950: Tramways undertook an extensive re-design and started building its own trams. Tram bodies adopted a "modern" design.
1954: North Point Depot closed and Russell Street Depot expanded and renamed Sharp Street Depot.
1964: Three locally made trams added, including the first single-deck trailer.
1965: Due to passenger demand, 10 single-deck trailers was introduced. The trailer was attached to the back of ordinary tramcar and designed to serve first class passengers only. The maximum capacity was 36 persons for each trailer.
1966: As trailers were well accepted by passengers, 22 single deck trailers were deployed in the fleet during 1966–67. Although trailers played a significant role in the tramways, they were finally withdrawn from the service in 1982.
1967: The last trailer built by the company.
1972: Class distinction abolished and flat fare introduced.
1974: The Hong Kong Tramways Limited acquired by Wharf Holdings
1976 – Drop-in coin boxes were installed on trams. A coin-box was fitted at the front exit, near the driver. Passengers had to drop in the exact fare on leaving the tram. Rotating turnstiles were fitted at the entrance, which is located at the rear of a tram. Conductors were no longer needed and most of them retrained to become motormen.
1986: Tram refurbishment has begun.
1989: Sharp Street Depot closed and terminus function split between Sai Wan Ho and the Whitty Street depots.
1992: Two double-deck trams made by Tramways were exported to the Wirral Tramway, Birkenhead, in the UK.
1992: Point Automation System deployed and points man system for altering the direction of tram manually was abolished.
2000: Coloured destination blinds had begun.
2000: Tramways launched the new "Millennium" tram on 24 October 2000, which was designed and manufactured by its own engineering team. The success of this tramcar marked an important milestone in the history of Hong Kong Tramways.
2001: The Octopus electronic smart card payment system introduced on trams.
2004: Hong Kong Tramways celebrates 100 years of service.
2007: Route map was re-installed on each tram stop. New driving panels were introduced in November.
2008: Air-conditioning was installed on antique tram #128.
2009: 50% stake and operating rights obtained by Veolia Transport RATP Asia; followed by full ownership by Veolia Transport RATP Asia.
2011: Hong Kong Tramways launched the seventh-generation tram on November 28, 2011. It is a combination of modern interior design with traditional tram body exterior. The face-lift allows tram’s iconic image to be maintained.
2014: Hong Kong Tramways celebrates 110 years of service.
2015: Following the opening of the West Island Line, daily tramway ridership drops 10% to 180,000.
OWNERSHIP
Hong Kong Tramway Electric Company Limited 1904-1974
The Wharf (Holdings) 1974-2009; retained 50% stake from 2009 to 2010
Veolia Transport RATP Asia 2010–present
TRAM ROUTES
The trams run on a double track tramline built parallel to the northern coastline of Hong Kong Island from Kennedy Town to Shau Kei Wan, with a single clockwise-running track of about 3 km around the Happy Valley Racecourse.
There are 7 tram termini located along the tram line, namely, from west to east, Kennedy Town, Shek Tong Tsui (a.k.a. Whitty Street), Sheung Wan (Western Market), Happy Valley, Causeway Bay, North Point and Shau Kei Wan; some intermediate stops such as Sai Ying Pun, Admiralty MTR Station, Wan Chai, and Victoria Park are also equipped with crossovers so that they can be used as makeshift termini in emergency situations, such as en-route traffic accidents.
There are seven major overlapping routes:
Shau Kei Wan ↔ Western Market
Shau Kei Wan ↔ Happy Valley
Shau Kei Wan ↔ Kennedy Town
North Point ↔ Whitty Street
Happy Valley ↔ Kennedy Town
Causeway Bay ↔ Whitty Street
Western Market ↔ Kennedy Town
PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Total length – 13 km (with a total track length of 30 km)
Operating Hours – 5:30 am to 12:30 am
Fare – HKD 2.3
On average, the headway between each tram departure is approximately 1.5 minutes during peak hours. In the past, trams had a maximum speed of 40 km/h. However, since early 2008, the maximum speed of some trams was increased, with a maximum speed of 50 km/h now enabled on most trams - a few of them even have a maximum speed of 60 km/h. The maximum capacity of each tramcar is 115 people.
TICKETS
The current fare is HK$2.30 for adults, HK$1.20 for children under 12, and HK$1.10 for senior citizens 65 and above. Unlike most other forms of public transport in Hong Kong, fare charged is uniform regardless of the distance travelled. Monthly tickets are also available at the cost of HK$200, sold at Shek Tong Tsui, Causeway Bay, and North Point Terminus at the end of each month.
Passengers pay upon alighting by either depositing the exact fare in coins into the farebox, or by tapping the Octopus card on the processor. The turnstile at the tram entrance and closed circuit television prevent fare evasion by passengers.
Ordinary and antique trams are available for private hire. The open-balcony antique trams are often used for parties and promotional events. Tourists can also travel on the open-top trams through tours organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
FLEET
Hong Kong Tramways now owns 163 double axle double-decker trams, including two open-balcony dim-sum tourist trams (Vehicle numbers 28 and 128) for tourist trips and private hire. There are three maintenance-only trams (Vehicle numbers 200, 300 and 400) which operate after tram service has stopped.
The trams themselves are sometimes called the "Ding Ding" (Chinese: 叮叮) by Hong Kong people, being the onomatopoeia of the iconic double bell ring trams use to warn pedestrians of their approach. The term "ding ding" is now often used to refer to the whole tram system, e.g. "travel by tram" (Chinese: 搭電車) as "take ding ding" (搭叮叮).
Hong Kong has the only fully double-decker tram fleet in the world. Most of the trams in operation were rebodied between 1987 to 1992. They are equipped with sliding windows. Since the early 2000s, these trams have been upgraded to provide better operating performance and safety. Almost all trams have full-body advertisements.
FLEET HISTORY
The tram fleet first consisted of 26 single-deck trams, with bodies 8.8 m long and 1.9 m wide, imported from England. However, they were quickly removed because of the rapid modernisation programmes. These tramcars were replaced by open-top double-deck tramcars from 1912 onwards. The introduction of permanent roofs for trams in 1923 was a big improvement to the system. In 1960s, adding trailers was proposed due to the increasing population and demands. In 1964, after testing a prototype built by Taikoo Dockyard in Hong Kong, 10 trailers were ordered from the UK and were added to the trams in Hong Kong in early 1965. Ten additional trailers were ordered from England in 1967, bringing the total number of trailers to 22. They were all withdrawn and scrapped by the end of 1982, since they used to derail frequently and were not economical to run – requiring a separate conductor for only 36 extra passengers.
Trams 12 and 50 are the only two trams still maintaining the original 1950s design, being restored at a railway museum in the United States and at a museum in Hong Kong, respectively. The cabins are varnished with their original light-green colour with teak-lined windows and rattan seats.
In 2000, three new aluminium alloy metal-bodied trams (officially called "Millennium trams"), #168 – 170, started operation. These trams have proven quite unpopular due to the poor ventilation in the summer – unlike on previous models, the front screen window cannot be opened to improve air-flow to passengers. A prototype air-conditioned tram, number 171, is under testing.
In 2007, a new maintenance tram was constructed, number 300, which is used to move trams in the depot. Besides electric power, it also uses a diesel motor.
Starting 7 November, new driving panels has been installed on trams after refurbishment. The first tram on the program was number 38.
In 2008, an air-conditioner was installed on the 'antique' tram #128.
Tram RefurbishmentIn October 2010, Veolia Transport showcased a prototype for the new model of trams. It plans to renovate the whole fleet at a cost of HKD 75 Million. The trams would keep their original exterior design, but the outer structure would be aluminium rather than teak as it is more durable. The benches on the lower deck would be replaced with single seats as well as a more modern look. Digital broadcasts would be placed inside trams to inform passengers of the next station, and LED lighting will be installed. AC motors and a new eddy current emergency braking system would be installed.
ALIGNMENT AND INTERCHANGES
In many places, trams shares route along with other vehicles.
Most of the tram stop locations have remained unchanged since their establishment. However, some have had their names changed, e.g. "Shu Shun Kwun" (Chinese 書信館), referring to the then General Post Office building in the 1940s, is now called "Pedder Street" - the GPO building was demolished in the 1970s, and World-Wide House now stands on its site. In 1934, Hong Kong Tramways introduced loading islands (waiting areas) at some busy tram stops to ensure the safety of passengers. Today, there are 123 tram stops in total, most of them are sheltered refuge islands.
Just like buses, trams in Hong Kong can be very crowded. During the busier periods of the day, trams often line up since there are many tramcars running at the same time. In 2002, the trams recorded an average of 240,000 passenger trips daily.
Tram stops are densely located in an average interval of 250 metres. Most of them are located in the middle of the road, connected by pedestrian crossings or footbridges. Major stops include Yee Wo Street stop at Causeway Bay, Pacific Place stop at Admiralty, and Prince's Building / The Landmark stop at Central.
Many termini of the Hong Kong Tramways are in the form of balloon loops, enabling the trams to reverse its travel direction efficiently.
The Island Line of the MTR is roughly parallel to the tramway line between Kennedy Town and Shau Kei Wan stations. Some sections of MTR tunnels are built directly under roads with tram tracks.
PUBLIC RECEPTION AND CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE
The trams have not only been a form of transportation for over a century, but also a major tourist attraction. The well-preserved tram lines still serve as a crucial means of transport in Hong Kong. Travelling in the lower deck of the tram allows travellers to have a close up view of the local street life, while occupying the front seats of the upper deck gives good views of the town as the tram rattles by.
Hong Kong's tram system is an icon of the city, like other Asian trams in Kolkata, Dalian and Sapporo.
As they run through the urban area of Hong Kong Island, the tram tracks have become an important icon of urban Hong Kong. Since the tracks were originally built along the waterfront before further land reclamation pushed the coastline northwards, the tracks can be used to identify directions and locations throughout urban Hong Kong Island.
RED LIGHT MEALS
In the old days, the duration of meal breaks allocated to tram drivers were far from adequate. Most drivers would therefore take advantage of the time their trams are waiting at a red light to gulp down a portion of their meal before the signal turns to green, continuing this practice whenever the tram comes to a red light until the meal is finished. This kind of hurried, impromptu meal is commonly referred as "red light meals" (Chinese: 紅燈飯).
PROJECTS
MODERN TRAMWAY AT KAI TAK DEVELOPMENT
Hong Kong Tramways Limited announced its interest in constructing a 12-km modern tramway system in the Kai Tak Development, built on the vacated site of the former Kai Tak Airport, in place of the "Environmentally Friendly Linkage System" (monorail system) proposed by the Hong Kong Government. Possible extensions to neighbouring places such as To Kwa Wan, Kowloon City and Kwun Tong were suggested. The company appointed a consultancy firm to investigate on the feasibility of building such a modern tram system in 2010, and submitted a proposal to the Development Bureau on April 29, 2013.
The company pointed out that the cost of constructing the proposed tram system is HK$2.8 billion. which is comparatively low as compared to the cost of $12 billion needed for a monorail system. Bruno Charrade, Managing Director of HKT, said the design of tramcars can be in connection with their Hong Kong Island counterparts or in a totally new shape, depending on the Government's discretion.
ABANDONED EXTENSIONS
There have previously been two separate extensions planned that were subsequently modified to be developed as light rail and metro systems.
NEW TERRITORIES REAM SYSTEM
During the development of Tuen Mun New Town in the 1970s, the Government had reserved space for the construction of a rail transportation system to serve the area. In 1982, the Government invited the Hong Kong Tramways to construct and operate a tram system in the area. The company initially expressed interest in the construction of the railway and intended to operate with double-decker trams, but later withdrew. The government then invited KCRC to construct and operate a light rail way. The system opened to the public on 18 September 1988. Since 2007, it is now known as the Light Rail.
CHAI WAN LINE
In 1970, Chai Wan on eastern Hong Kong Island was developed into a residential and industrial area, which greatly increased the traffic demand to Central. Extending the tram line from Shau Kei Wan to Chai Wan was considered, but was ultimately rejected due to low cost-effectiveness, as hills exist between Chai Wan and Shau Kei Wan, and difficulties arise from tunneling through the hills to make level track. It was replaced by the Island Line service - linking Chai Wan and Admiralty - which was opened to the public on 31 May 1985.
WIKIPEDIA
Ler e Formar Leitores no século XXI – leitura e inclusão foi o tema do II Encontro de Bibliotecas Escolares do Alentejo, que decorreu, durante os dias 3 e 4 de julho, no auditório dos Serviços Comuns do Instituto Politécnico de Beja.
Este evento contou com a organização da Coordenação Interconcelhia da Rede de Bibliotecas Escolares, do Instituto Politécnico de Beja e da Câmara Municipal de Beja - Biblioteca Municipal de Beja José Saramago. Teve por objetivos analisar o contributo das bibliotecas e da formação leitora para o exercício de uma cidadania mais consciente, crítica e responsável, assim como evidenciar o papel educativo e formativo das bibliotecas e da leitura no contexto da organização, estratégias e objetivos curriculares das escolas e da melhoria das aprendizagens. Pretendeu igualmente refletir sobre as problemáticas associadas à função e responsabilidade social das bibliotecas, enquanto fatores de inclusão, igualdade e justiça social, além de perspetivar possibilidades e vias de desenvolvimento das bibliotecas e das políticas de leitura no sentido da sua atualização e adaptação aos desafios e exigências do presente.
Mais reportagens fotográficas em: www.flickr.com/photos/40478366@N08/collections/
38° 00' 46.87''N
7° 52' 22.19''W
This image forms part of the digitised photographs of the Ross and Pat Craig Collection. Ross Craig (1926-2012) was a local historian born in Stockton and dedicated much of his life promoting and conserving the history of Stockton, NSW. He possessed a wealth of knowledge about the suburb and was a founding member of the Stockton Historical Society and co-editor of its magazine. Pat Craig supported her husband’s passion for history, and together they made a great contribution to the Stockton and Newcastle communities. We thank the Craig Family and Stockton Historical Society who have kindly given Cultural Collections at the University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia, access to the collection and allowed us to publish the images. Thanks also to Vera Deacon for her liaison in attaining this important collection.
Please contact Cultural Collections at the University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia, if you are the subject of the image, or know the subject of the image, and have cultural or other reservations about the image being displayed on this website and would like to discuss this with us.
Some of the images were scanned from original photographs in the collection held at Cultural Collections, other images were already digitised with no provenance recorded.
You are welcome to freely use the images for study and personal research purposes. Please acknowledge as “Courtesy of the Ross and Pat Craig Collection, University of Newcastle (Australia)" For commercial requests please consider making a donation to the Vera Deacon Regional History Fund.
These images are provided free of charge to the global community thanks to the generosity of the Vera Deacon Regional History Fund. If you wish to donate to the Vera Deacon Fund please download a form here: uoncc.wordpress.com/vera-deacon-fund/
If you have any further information on the photographs, please leave a comment.
© All Rights Reserved - No Usage Allowed in Any Form Without the Written Consent of Connie Lemperle/ lemperleconnie or the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
Link to Cincinnati Zoo..............Malayan Tiger Cub
One of six living subspecies of tiger, the Malayan tiger wears the characteristic striping pattern of black stripes on orange and white that provides excellent camouflage in the forest. Using its quiet stalking ability, a tiger will ambush large prey, often pouncing on it from the rear. Other than females with their young, tigers are solitary and come together only to mate. Each tiger defends its own territory from others of the same gender. Territories must be large to provide enough prey for a tiger to eat. As more and more forests disappear, tigers struggle to maintain a territory with sufficient prey.
A tiger may travel up to 20 miles a night in search of prey.
Unlike most cats, tigers seem to enjoy swimming and soaking in water.
A tiger’s roar can be heard up to two miles away.
One out of every 10,000 tigers will lack the orange coloring. These white tigers are not albinos; they simply express a recessive gene.
Fact File
Length: 7.6 to 9.3 ft
Weight: 220 to 400 lbs
Lifespan: 15 yrs in wild
Habitat: Forest
Prey: Deer, wild pigs, and cattle
Status: Species at Risk (IUCN—Endangered)
Note ________________________________________________________________
Well here I go again posting more tiger pictures. I hope you all don't mind. You have to be getting bored seeing so many. I am posting a lot for the zoo so I don't have any choice. Speaking of the zoo, I'll be going there tomorrow. I hope to get more tiger pictures but also plan to get some shots of the other animals. I will be having a hard time visiting all of your photostreams but soon things should settle down so that I can. Thanks so much everyone for everything. Have a nice night! Hugs!
For Display Only
No Comment
About a year ago I took picture of same windows and now they are a history.
Recently I got my first ever digital camera, little cute Ricoh RR120 point-and-shoot, which is made by another company and sold under Ricoh, Revue and Toshiba brands (thus not sought after by true Ricoholics). It's quite old by digital standards, but does what I need from digital P&S, isn't silly thin and LCD isn't too large. I like little additional status LCD and main controls on top. Because of construction changing focal length doesn't extend lens, which only little protrudes from body. Oh, and it has push-on lens cap like real cameras, too :)
The New Guard forming up at Wellington Barracks on 13 November 2006 prior to marching to Buckingham Palace and the Old Guard arriving back at Wellington Barracks after Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckungham Palace.
The New Guard was formed by the Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment (29th/45th Foot) which was an infantry regiment of the British Army, part of the Prince of Wales' Division. It was formed in 1970 through the amalgamation of two other regiments:
•The Worcestershire Regiment (29th Regiment of Foot / 36th Regiment of Foot)
•The Sherwood Foresters (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment)
The regiment served as the county regiment of the following counties: Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Worcestershire.
In 2004, as part of the restructuring of the infantry, it was announced that the Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters would be amalgamated with the 22nd (Cheshire) Regiment and the Staffordshire Regiment to form the new Mercian Regiment.
In July 2005, the 1st Battalion moved to Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow as a public duties battalion, where, amongst other duties, it provided the Queen's Guard. In August 2007, the regiment was renamed as the 2nd Battalion, Mercian Regiment (Worcesters and Foresters), before moving to Northern Ireland in a light infantry role in 2008.
African Ambassadors & Diaspora Interactive Form AAIF Awards Gala Dinner United Nations buildings International Maritime Organization HQ IMO London. Awards Ceremony Presented by Juvenal J M Shiundu Acting Director Technical Cooperation Division International Maritime Organization to Olukayode A. Pitan CEO Bank of Industry
Cut up milk jug strips, bonded wax paper with rubber cement, and created molds with masking taping. Surprisingly effective.
Autor:
Coello, Francisco (1822-1898)
Título:
Zaragoza [Material cartográfico] / este mapa ha sido formado en vista de diferentes documentos por el Coronel del Cuerpo de Ingenieros D. Francisco Coello ; grabado bajo la dirección del autor ; el contorno por Raynaud ; la topografía por Lebreton ; y la letra por Bacot.
Datos cartogr.:
1:200.000.
Publicación:
Madrid : [s.n.], 1853.
Descripción física:
1 mapa : col., grab. ; 83 x 112 cm, pleg. en 20 x 14 cm.
Serie:
Atlas de España y sus posesiones de Ultramar
Contenido:
Los planos incluyen la relación de los edificios emblemáticos.
Contenido:
Inserta planos de población de: 1. Zaragoza. - 1:10.000. - 17 x 26 cm. - 2. [Contornos de Zaragoza]. - 1:100.000. - 12 x 18 cm. - 3. Pina. - 1:10.000. - 12 x 8 cm . - 4. Tarazona. - 1:10.000. - 11 x 13 cm. - 5. Calatayud. - 1:10.000. - 11 x 13 cm. - 6. Borja. - 1:10.000. - 9 x 8 cm. - 7. La Almunia de Doña Godina. - 1:10.000. - 9 x 8 cm. - 8. Ateca. - 1:10.000. - 10 x 11 cm. - 9. Daroca. - 1:10.000. - 10 x 11 cm. - 10. Belchite. - 1:10.000. - 10 x 11 cm. - 11. Caspe. - 1:10.000. - 10 x 11 cm.
Contenido:
Contiene: Mapa de la provincia. - 1:200.000. - 74 x 111 cm
Notas:
"Este mapa se completa mirando la línea de graduación AB a la marcada con las mismas letras en el Suplemento de Aragón"
Notas:
En el margen superior izquierdo: Diccionario geográfico-estadístico-histórico.
Al verso: etiqueta en la que consta Atlas de España y sus posesiones de Ultramar. Zaragoza por Coello.
Notas:
Esta obra se publica para complementar el Diccionario geográfico-estadístico-histórico de Pascual Madoz.
Notas:
Escala expresada en otras unidades. - Orientado. - Longitud oriental del meridiano de Madrid. - Márgenes graduados. - Relieve por sombreado y normales. - Abundante toponimia. - Delimitaciones administrativas en color.
Referencias:
Anes, Gonzalo, coord. Economía, sociedad, política y cultura en la España de Isabel II: exposición con motivo del primer centenario de la muerte de Isabel II, del 12 al 28 de enero de 2004. Madrid: RAH, 2004, p. 97-98
Martín López, José. "Francisco Coello y su obra" en Boletín del Instituto de Estudios Gienenses, julio/diciembre 1998, n. 169, p. 45-65
Materia/género:
Zaragoza (Provincia)-Mapas generales-1853.
Zaragoza-Planos de población-1853.
Zaragoza (Alrededores)-Mapas generales-1853.
Pina (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Tarazona (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Calatayud (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Borja (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
La Almunia de Doña Godina (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Ateca (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Daroca (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Belchite (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Caspe (Zaragoza)-Planos de población-1853.
Otros responsables:
Madoz, Pascual (1806-1870)
Raynaud.
Lebreton, Louis (1818-1866)
Bacot, Pierre Adolphe.
Madoz, Pascual (1806-1870). Diccionario geográfico-estadístico-histórico.
Lugar:
España - Madrid
Serie normalizada:
Coello, Francisco (1822-1898). Atlas de España y sus posesiones de Ultramar.
Enlace a europeana :
www.europeana.eu/portal/es/record/2022717/bnesearch_detal...
I wanted to look at lines and the way they interacted with light and shape. I liked the way the simple shaped curved and formed a gentle shadow beneath,
La Comunidad forma este curso 2015/16 a 38.000 alumnos en los 69 Centros de Educación de Personas Adultas existentes en la región y en los que el Ejecutivo regional invierte 35 millones de euros, lo que representa un aumento del 2% con respecto al anterior. Cada curso, más de 5.000 estudiantes de estos centros educativos públicos logran obtener el título oficial de Educación Secundaria Obligatoria que les facilita su incorporación al mercado laboral.
Fluminense x Vasco - 20/04/2024
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - 20/04/2024 - Maracanã -
Fluminense enfrenta o Vasco esta tarde no Maracanã pela 3ª rodada do Campeonato Brasileiro 2024.
FOTOS DE MARCELO GONÇALVES / FLUMINENSE FC
IMPORTANTE: Imagem destinada a uso institucional e divulgação, seu uso comercial está vetado incondicionalmente por seu autor e o Fluminense Football Club.
IMPORTANT: Image intended for institutional use and distribution. Commercial use is prohibited unconditionally by its author and Fluminense Football Club.
IMPORTANTE: Imágen para uso solamente institucional y distribuición. El uso comercial es prohibido por su autor y por el Fluminense Football Club.
Sigurd Bronger. Norsk Form's yearly award ceremony for design. Held at the Norwegian Centre for Design and Architecture. Photo: André Gali
Viola trinervata forma semialba, rocky hillsides adjacent to WA Hwy. 821 (Canyon Rd.), Yakima River Canyon, north of Roza, Kittitas Co., WA, 13 Apr 2021.
This image forms part of the digitised photographs of the Ross and Pat Craig Collection. Ross Craig (1926-2012) was a local historian born in Stockton and dedicated much of his life promoting and conserving the history of Stockton, NSW. He possessed a wealth of knowledge about the suburb and was a founding member of the Stockton Historical Society and co-editor of its magazine. Pat Craig supported her husband’s passion for history, and together they made a great contribution to the Stockton and Newcastle communities. We thank the Craig Family and Stockton Historical Society who have kindly given Cultural Collections at the University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia, access to the collection and allowed us to publish the images. Thanks also to Vera Deacon for her liaison in attaining this important collection.
Please contact Cultural Collections at the University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia, if you are the subject of the image, or know the subject of the image, and have cultural or other reservations about the image being displayed on this website and would like to discuss this with us.
Some of the images were scanned from original photographs in the collection held at Cultural Collections, other images were already digitised with no provenance recorded.
You are welcome to freely use the images for study and personal research purposes. Please acknowledge as “Courtesy of the Ross and Pat Craig Collection, University of Newcastle (Australia)" For commercial requests please consider making a donation to the Vera Deacon Regional History Fund.
These images are provided free of charge to the global community thanks to the generosity of the Vera Deacon Regional History Fund. If you wish to donate to the Vera Deacon Fund please download a form here: uoncc.wordpress.com/vera-deacon-fund/
If you have any further information on the photographs, please leave a comment.
Form & Reform helped out as part of the crack team for "Prototype This" for the Backyard Waterslide Simulator episode.
More on Jon Sarriugarte, and Hino's great time Making a Giant water slide.
Winning form returns against CIYMS
by Roger Corbett
In this important fixture, it was Bangor who took the victory against CIYMS by 22-5 resulting in the two sides swapping places in the league.
Bangor got the game underway, kicking off into a stiff breeze. Within 3 minutes, Bangor conceded the first penalty of the game, which CIYMS elected to kick for goal, but failed to convert. The Bangor back line looked sharp, with Davy Charles coming in from full back to break the CIYMS line and set up a promising attack. James Henly came close but the CIYMS defence was sound.
The Bangor pack had seen a number of changes as the result of ongoing injury problems, but it performed well in both scrum and lineout set pieces. In fact it was from a lineout after just 9 minutes that the ball was cleanly won and passed quickly to Jason Morgan at out half, who produced another great line to wrong foot the CIYMS defence and ghost in to score under the posts. The conversion was successfully taken by Neil Cuthbertson, putting Bangor into the lead by 7-0.
This gave Bangor the boost they needed, and they continued to dominate play. After a further 6 minutes, from a scrum just inside the CIYMS half, scrum half Craig Harper passed to Morgan who then off-loaded to Mike Aspley in the centre. Although tackled, he managed to get the ball to Phil Whyte who had followed up from propping in the scrum. Drawing the defending tacklers, he then passed to flanker James Henly who burst through to run in unopposed for Bangor’s second try under the posts. Again, the simple kick was converted by Cuthbertson, doubling the lead to 14-0.
CIYMS responded well, using the wind advantage wisely to bring play repeatedly back into Bangor’s territory, but mistakes at crucial periods of play denied them any meaningful scoring opportunities. Bangor, on the other hand, stuck to their plan and continued to apply pressure. This soon forced CIYMS to concede a kickable penalty, which Cuthbertson converted to increase the lead to 17-0 after 23 minutes of play.
However, just 3 minutes later, the referee showed the yellow card to captain Jamie Clegg after he was judged to have deliberately knocked on the ball while defending a CIYMS attack. From the subsequent penalty, CIYMS passed the ball wide to the left and made a push for the line. What looked like a certain try was prevented by great Bangor defending, as they managed to hold the ball up and win the turnover.
Within minutes of Clegg’s return from the sin bin, the circumstances that led to his penalty were repeated, this time by Jason Morgan who similarly was shown the referee’s yellow card. From this penalty, the CIYMS players didn’t make the same mistake as before, and finally managed to touch down for a try in the left hand corner. The difficult kick was missed, but CIYMS were now on the scoreboard, reducing Bangor’s lead to 17-5 as the first half drew to a close.
As the teams turned around and CIYMS got the second half underway, hopes were high that Bangor would build on their first half tries and use the wind to keep their opponents pinned down in their own twenty two. However, it’s fair to say that CIYMS came out the stronger and frustrated Bangor’s attacks, while moving the ball through their backs with more purpose and accuracy.
It was not until 30 minutes had been played that the second half deadlock was broken. From a long CIYMS clearance kick, the ball was safely taken by Harper inside his own half. Two long and quickly made passes, saw the ball move via Jason Morgan to Davy Charles whose pace was too much for the thinly spread CIYMS defence. Running wide, he rounded the final CIYMS players to score on the right hand side. Cuthbertson’s kick was just wide of the posts, but Bangor were now 3 tries to the good, and within sight of another bonus point victory.
However, just 2 minutes later, and with CIYMS moving back into Bangor territory, the game produced another sting for the home side. In his attempt to intercept a long CIYMS pass, he knocked the ball forward and stopped the CIYMS attack. The referee deemed this to be deliberate once again and produced a second yellow card which in turn led to a red card, and Morgan was to take no further part in the game. Stung by this set-back, and with just 8 minutes remaining, Bangor re-grouped and wisely focussed on defending their lead and denying CIYMS any further scoring chances. This they did, and as the final whistle was blown, they could celebrate a return to winning ways, and a return to their previously held 3rd position in the league.
This was an encouraging team performance that should give added confidence as the players now set their sights on the first round of the Towns Cup (next weekend, at home to City of Derry 2nds), followed by a challenging journey to league leaders Clogher Valley in the league afterwards.
Bangor side: P Whyte, A Jackson, J Leary (J Harrison), A Rushe, D Kelly, J Henly, R Latimer, J Clegg (c), C Harper, J Morgan, M Widdowson, M Aspley, C Morgan (G Caughey), N Cuthbertson, D Charles
Subs: J Harrison, G Caughey
Bangor scores: J Morgan (1T), J Henly (1T), D Charles (1T), N Cuthbertson (2C, 1P)
The title means colordreams (or rooms).
I had to make a plakat for school, for an
exhibition with the title "color human form".
So this is totally unfinnish, i had only began
one day before we had to offer the work
(i forgot the days...gg)
hm.. sometimes i will finish it and decide
which one is better from the composition...
Anish Kapoor in Pitzhanger Manor, optical tricks with mirrors and metal
Anish Kapoor
(March to August 2019)
Within the newly restored gallery, with its three circular skylights, Kapoor’s sculptures challenge our traditional notion of form and space by disorientating the viewer and transforming their surroundings.
These sculptures echo Soane’s complex use of mirrors and light and will enable visitors to Pitzhanger to see Soane’s architecture from a fresh perspective.
[Pitzhanger Manor & Gallery]
Pitzhanger Manor was bought by Sir John Soane (1753-1837) in 1800. He demolished most of George Dance's building but retained the southern extension, replacing the main block with one of his own design. In the same year Soane employed John Haverfield to produce new designs for the grounds which were delivered by September 1800 (guidebook). The new mansion was used to display Soane's art collection and for entertaining, his Lincoln's Inn house being retained as the family residence. By 1809 Soane was only occasionally at Pitzhanger and in June of that year he instructed James Christie to sell the house and the estate. Once again the property passed through a series of owners until, in 1843, it was sold to the politician Spencer Walpole and became the home of his four unmarried sisters-in-law, the daughters of the Rt Hon Spencer Perceval. Prior to the death aged ninety-five of the last-surviving Perceval sister, Frederika, in May 1900, her nephew, Sir Spencer Walpole, had begun negotiations with Ealing District Council for the sale of the house and the estate. The sale negotiations were completed early in January 1900 and, following Miss Perceval's death, alterations were carried out. The then Borough Surveyor, Charles Jones, was responsible for the designs for the alterations to the house and grounds and in April 1902 the building was opened as a public library. At the time of the sale, the property was variously referred to as Manor House Park (Middlesex County Times, 19 May 1900) and Perceval Park (Middlesex County Times, 28 July 1900). The name Walpole Park was adopted after communications between the last owner and Ealing Borough Council towards the end of 1900.
Further major alterations to the library building were completed by 1940 and then, in 1984, the Central Library was moved to new premises in Ealing. The following year a continuing programme of restoration and repair to both the mansion and the grounds began. The restored manor house was reopened as a museum and centre for cultural events in the late 1990s. The grounds continue (2000) in the ownership of the London Borough of Ealing.
[Historic England]
Former sanatorium in Belgium with a unique architecture as well as beautiful and untouched interiors. Built in 1905, the site is now relieved of its clinical function (but not abandoned), waiting for a future conversion ...
Ancien sanatorium belge à l'architecture unique et aux magnifiques intérieurs inviolés… Érigé en 1905, le site est aujourd'hui désaffecté de sa fonction clinique (mais pas à l'abandon pour autant), dans l'attente d'une prochaine reconversion…