View allAll Photos Tagged dedicated
Dedicated to building a community of ESG and impact investors, held its second USA conference on 29 and 30 May in New York.
The event, hosted by Credit Suisse, succeeded in bringing together a diverse, international crowd of asset owners and managers, service providers and social entrepreneurs, covering all current aspects in the impact investing space. Speakers and attendees encouraged a lively, inspirational discussion - and connected the dots between their businesses.
Dedicated to my sister Ann's grand-son - Brandon. Blessings to him and his family! Thanks for visiting.
Dedicated to those who served in the Second Boer War, 1899-1902
Adelaide, Australia | Mamiya RB67 | Ilford XP2 Super 400
dedicated to three artists - Claude Monet, James Turrell and Walter De Maria.
the building also can be called a site specific art work
The dog was the sacred animal of Gula (also called Ninisina), goddess of health and medicine. The small vessel on the back of this statuette, which was dedicated by a priest-physician "for the life of" King Sumu-El of Larsa, would have been used to prepare medicinal herbs. The inscription names the figurine "faithful dog, a stand for a pot of life-giving medication."
Isin-Larsa period, reign of Sumu-El, 1894-1866 BCE
Made from steatite
Found at Girsu (Tello, Iraq), Cros expedition, 1904
Musée du Louvre, Paris (AO 4349)
Anton Avancena with Dr. Athena Magdamit and the rest of the healthcare staff of the municipal health office in Lezo, Aklan Province in the Philippines.
The meeting is dedicated to presenting key directions in the Bank’s donor partnerships and included a question and answer session with the EBRD President, Sir Suma Chakrabarti.
“Innovating for Growth” is the theme of this year’s event reflecting the EBRD’s strategic orientations, how the Bank and donors are working together in support of these objectives and highlighting the important areas for future activities. In these times of financial and economic uncertainty, focusing on how the donors and the EBRD can better partner to create growth in a sustainable way is of paramount importance to both the countries of operations and the donor community.
The Bank presented donors with the Donor Report 2013, the Grant Co-Financing Strategic Review as well as an outlook of new initiatives.
Room dedicated to 18th century fashion, featuring 300-year-old embroidery, sewing accessories, perfume flasks and even dresses that have for hundreds of years seen only the darkness of crypts...
Built in England in 1929 by William Hill & Son and Norman & Beard, dedicated 6 Jul 1930, restored 2017-18, re-dedicated 2 Dec 2018. Casework for facade pipes was completed 2018 using original Walter Bagot design of 1929. First organ built 1876 by Bishop & Son, relocated 1931 to Unley St Augustine’s.
“At St. Peter's Cathedral last night, the last recital on the old organ was given by Mr. J. M. Dunn. Built by Bishop and Sons, of London, in 1877, it will be modernised, have electro-pneumatic action introduced, and be re-erected at St. Augustine's, Unley.” [Advertiser 2 Jul 1920]
“the new organ in St. Peter's Cathedral . . . is being erected in a gallery, practically opposite the old organ, which will stay in its place until the new one is dedicated and opened.” [Observer 15 Feb 1930]
“The new organ at St. Peter's Cathedral . . . is a 4-manual instrument, cost £10,000. This sum was subscribed. The instrument was built partly in England and partly in Australia. It is placed in the transept, immediately opposite the present organ. The console is in the gallery at the back. The old organ will be taken over by St. Augustine's Church, Unley.” [Register News-Pictorial 3 Jul 1930]
Cathedral foundation stone 29 Jun 1869 by Bishop Augustus Short, opened 30 Mar 1876, first organ installed in north transept 1877, chancel & first part of nave consecrated 1 Jan 1878, tower & nave foundation stone 27 Sep 1890 by the Governor, Earl of Kintore, nave consecrated 14 Jul 1901, tower & spires dedicated 7 Dec 1902, Lady Chapel & crypt completed 7 Apr 1904, reredos dedicated 6 Mar 1910, front steps 1911, new organ dedicated 6 Jul 1930 in south transept, bells 29 Jun 1947.
The Lockheed Martin HC-130J Hercules The Combat King II is the U.S. Air Force's only dedicated fixed-wing personnel recovery platform and is flown by the Air Education and Training Command (AETC) and Air Combat Command (ACC). This C-130J variation specializes in tactical profiles and avoiding detection and recovery operations in austere environments. The HC-130J replaces HC-130P/Ns as the only dedicated fixed-wing Personnel Recovery platform in the Air Force inventory. It is an extended-range version of the C-130J Hercules transport. Its mission is to rapidly deploy to execute combatant commander directed recovery operations to austere airfields and denied territory for expeditionary, all weather personnel recovery operations to include airdrop, airland, helicopter air-to-air refueling, and forward area ground refueling missions. When tasked, the aircraft also conducts humanitarian assistance operations, disaster response, security cooperation/aviation advisory, emergency aeromedical evacuation, and noncombatant evacuation operations.
Features
Modifications to the HC-130J have improved navigation, threat detection and countermeasures systems. The aircraft fleet has a fully-integrated inertial navigation and global positioning systems, and night vision goggle, or NVG, compatible interior and exterior lighting. It also has forward-looking infrared, radar and missile warning receivers, chaff and flare dispensers, satellite and data-burst communications, and the ability to receive fuel inflight via a Universal Aerial Refueling Receptacle Slipway Installation (UARRSI).
The HC-130J can fly in the day; however, crews normally fly night at low to medium altitude levels in contested or sensitive environments, both over land or overwater. Crews use NVGs for tactical flight profiles to avoid detection to accomplish covert infiltration/exfiltration and transload operations. To enhance the probability of mission success and survivability near populated areas, crews employ tactics that include incorporating no external lighting or communications, and avoiding radar and weapons detection.
Drop zone objectives are done via personnel drops and equipment drops. Rescue bundles include illumination flares, marker smokes and rescue kits. Helicopter air-to-air refueling can be conducted at night, with blacked out communication with up to two simultaneous helicopters. Additionally, forward area refueling point operations can be executed to support a variety of joint and coalition partners.
Background
The HC-130J is a result of the HC/MC-130 recapitalization program and replaces Air Combat Command's aging HC-130P/N fleet as the dedicated fixed-wing personnel recovery platform in the Air Force inventory. The 71st and 79th Rescue Squadrons in Air Combat Command, the 550th Special Operations Squadron in Air Education and Training Command, the 920th Rescue Group in Air Force Reserve Command and the 106th Rescue Wing, 129th RQW and 176th Wing in the Air National Guard will operate the aircraft.
First flight was 29 July 2010, and the aircraft will serve the many roles and missions of the HC-130P/Ns. It is a modified KC-130J aircraft designed to conduct personnel recovery missions, provide a command and control platform, in-flight-refuel helicopters and carry supplemental fuel for extending range or air refueling.
In April 2006, the personnel recovery mission was transferred back to Air Combat Command at Langley AFB, Va. From 2003 to 2006, the mission was under the Air Force Special Operations Command at Hurlburt Field, Fla. Previously, HC-130s were assigned to ACC from 1992 to 2003. They were first assigned to the Air Rescue Service as part of Military Airlift Command.
General Characteristics
Primary function: Fixed-wing Personnel Recovery platform
Contractor: Lockheed Aircraft Corp.
Power Plant: Four Rolls Royce AE2100D3 turboprop engines
Thrust: 4,591 Propeller Shaft Horsepower, each engine
Wingspan: 132 feet, 7 inches (40.4 meters)
Length: 97 feet, 9 inches (29.57 meters)
Height: 38 feet, 9 inches (11.58 meters)
Operating Weight: 89,000 pounds (40,369 kilograms)
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 164,000 pounds (74,389 kilograms)
Fuel Capacity: 61,360 pounds (9,024 gallons)
Payload: 35,000 pounds (15,875 kilograms)
Speed: 316 knots indicated air speed at sea level
Range: beyond 4,000 miles (3,478 nautical miles)
Ceiling: 33,000 feet (10,000 meters)
Armament: countermeasures/flares, chaff
Basic Crew: Three officers (pilot, co-pilot, combat system officer) and two enlisted loadmasters
Unit Cost: $66 million (fiscal 2010 replacement cost)
Initial operating capability: 2013
Dedicated to Hamish MacInnes; Mountaineer, Member of Glencoe Rescue Team, Founder of SARDA(Search and Rescue Dog Association), & Author. A man who has dedicated his life to the Scottish Highlands.
As a past member of Derby Mountain Rescue Team I have carried casualties on the excellent MacInnes stretcher.
I have enjoyed reading Hamish's world class International Mountain Recue Handbook and several of his books including Callout, and Beyond The Ranges.
A great memory of this man was watching the BBC outside broadcast of Hamish & Joe Brown climbing a sea stack - tremendous television & climbing including two of the characters of British climbing.
Ark curtain, synagogue of the SAR High School, Riverdale (Bronx), NY. The Aramaic inscription, from the Shabbat services, means "Children who never cease nor interrupt their study of the words of Torah."
AFGE held a demonstration to protest the illegal action of the Department of Education against dedicated public servants.
-photo by Chelsea Bland
Dedicated to the 'Girl with the Biggest & Cutest Smile on Earth'
:-D
Happy Birthday dear SHUBHI
<|:)
Hope all your wishes come true :) :) :)
The renowned Jain temple at Ranakpur is dedicated to Adinatha. Light colored marble has been used for the construction of this grand temple which occupies an area of approximately 60 x 62 metres. The temple, with its distinctive domes, shikhara, turrets and cupolas rises majestically from the slope of a hill. Over 1444 marble pillars, carved in exquisite detail, support the temple.The pillars are all differently carved and no two pillars are the same. It is also said that it is impossible to count the pillars.Also all the statues face one or the other statue.
There is one beautiful carving made out of a single marble rock where there 108 heads of snakes and numerous tails. One cannot find the end of the tails. The construction of the temple and quadrupled image symbolize the Tirthankara's conquest of the four cardinal directions and hence the cosmos.
The temple is believed to be built between the late 14th to mid-15th centuries. Inspired by a dream of a celestial vehicle, Dharna Shah, a Porwad, is said to have commissioned it, under the patronage of Rana Kumbha, then ruler of Mewad.
This temple was nominated as one of the top 77 wonders in a contest for the new seven wonders of the world.
The church is dedicated to St Magnus the Martyr, earl of Orkney, who died on 16 April 1118. He was executed on the island of Egilsay having been captured during a power struggle with his cousin, a political rival. Magnus had a reputation for piety and gentleness and was canonised in 1135.
The identity of the St Magnus referred to in the church's dedication was only confirmed by the Bishop of London in 1926. Following this decision a patronal festival service was held on 16 April 1926. In the 13th century the patronage was attributed to one of the several saints by the name of Magnus who share a feast day on 19 August, probably St Magnus of Anagni (bishop and martyr, who was slain in the persecution of the Emperor Decius in the middle of the 3rd century). However, by the early 18th century it was suggested that the church was either "dedicated to the memory of St Magnus or Magnes, who suffer'd under the Emperor Aurelian in 276 [see St Mammes of Caesarea, feast day 17 August], or else to a person of that name, who was the famous Apostle or Bishop of the Orcades." For the next century historians followed the suggestion that the church was dedicated to the Roman saint of Cæsarea. The famous Danish archaeologist Professor Jens Jacob Asmussen Worsaae (1821–85) promoted the attribution to St Magnus of Orkney during his visit to the British Isles in 1846-7, when he was formulating the concept of the 'Viking Age', and a history of London written in 1901 concluded that "the Danes, on their second invasion ... added at least two churches with Danish names, Olaf and Magnus". A guide to the City Churches published in 1917 reverted to the view that St Magnus was dedicated to a martyr of the third century, but the discovery of St Magnus of Orkney's relics in 1919 renewed interest in a Scandinavian patron and this connection was encouraged by the Rector who arrived in 1921. www.stmagnusmartyr.org.uk/history/history-church
Dedicated to the Martyrs du 21 Juin 44: "On June 21, 1944 the SS pillaged and burned Mouleydier and shot to death 22 members of the Resistance." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouleydier)
Rome, c. 238-244 AD.
Dedicated by Praetorians of Gallica Belgica.
DIIS [SAN]CTIS PATRIE[NSI]BUS / I(ovi) [O(ptimo)] M(aximo) ET INVICTO APOLLINI MERCURIO DIANAE HE[RC]ULI MARTI / EX PROVINCIA BELGICA [AUG(ustae)] VEROMAND(uorum) / IUL(ius) IUSTUS MIL(es) COH(ortis) I PRAET(oriae) P[IAE VINDIC]IS GORDIANAE / (centuria) VAL[---] ET / FIRMIUS MATERN[IANUS MIL(es) COH(ortis)] X PR[AET(oriae)] / PIAE VINDIC[IS GORDIANAE (centuria)] DA+[---].
Capitoline Museum.