View allAll Photos Tagged architecture
© Álbum 2027
By Catedrales e Iglesias
Diócesis de Tabasco
PARROQUIA: SAN FRANCISCO DE ASÍS
Dirección: Plaza Hidalgo s/n.
C.P. 86200
Jalpa de Méndez, Tab.
Tel.: 01 914) 33 7 00 90
Se desconoce la fecha exacta de su fundación, pero en el año de 1550 varias familias españolas se asentaron en la población de Jalpa a la que se designa cabecera de la Chontalpa.
En 1665, doce pueblos se encontraban asentados en lo que es hoy este municipio.
Dos siglos después, el 17 de noviembre de 1852, la villa de Jalpa es designada cabecera del partido.
A partir del 21 de diciembre de 1883 según la Ley Orgánica de la División Territorial del Estado, Jalpa es uno de los 17 municipios de la entidad.
El 31 de marzo de 1887, por decreto del congreso local, a esta población se le denominó Jalpa de Méndez.
La villa de Jalpa de Méndez fue elevada a la categoría de ciudad el 26 de mayo de 1955.
A partir del 28 de octubre de 1882, por decreto del congreso local a todo el municipio se le denomina Jalpa de Méndez.
Claudia Place, Wandsworth (1970-3) by Farrell Grimshaw Partnership. Photo taken on a walk around Wandsworth with the Twentieth Century Society on 18th June 2011.
Chronology
Period Description
1704-1712 overall planning and construction period
History
The Episcopal Church in Hessian Fulda looks to a history reaching back to Frankish time that is closely linked to the missionary work of the Empire territory.
The karolingical predecessor construction
On the site of a probably in the Saxon wars destroyed Frankish Herrenhof (manor farm) founded Sturm, a disciple of Saint Boniface, the monastery of Fulda. After the Anglo-Saxon missionary was killed by the Frisians 754 and was buried in the newly built church, developed this quickly to a popular pilgrimage site. Not least the growing number of monks and pilgrims made a comprehensive extension of the as hall church with a semicircular apse designed construction necessary. So the abbot Ratgar (791-819) first began with the establishment of a new Ostanlage (east layout) before to the then to a three-aisled basilica expanded building then a weitausladendes (elaborate) transept was added a second apse in the west. This Westanlage (west layout) refers clearly back to the Constantinian Church Old St. Peter in Rome and documents architecturally impressive the Rombezug (reference to Rome) of the directly to the Holy See subordinated monastery when it was founded.
Also the ring crypt under the western apse follows the example of the early Christian Roman Peter Church. There, Pope Gregory I about 600 had made the grave of the Prince of the Apostles by a similar facility for the pilgrims accessible.
The baroque new building
Not only the for its time of creation unique size and complexity of the Ratgarbasilika, but also its religious significance as burial place of Boniface allowed the Carolingian building to become a model for its Baroque successor. Thus Johann Dietzenhofer oriented himself with his in 1704-12 erected new building at the disposition of the previous building, those foundations were taken as far as possible. Also the baroque atypical system as three-aisled basilica seems explicable only from the reverent preservation of the original design. Only the west choir of the early medieval double chancel replaced the architect through a two-tower facade.
After air war damage during the Second World War, the restoration was completed in 1954.
Architecture
Following the example of the Carolingian episcopal church, Johann Dietzenhofer built the baroque cathedral as a three-aisled basilica with a transept and crossing tower. The above discussed Rombezüge (references to Rome) of the "Ratgarbasilika" he revived by a clear reference to Francesco Borromini's reconstruction of the Lateran Basilica once again. The Roman model paraphrasing, alternate in the nave large arched openings with smaller rectangular, above which figure niches are set into the high nave wall. In the aisles the individual yokes appear as independent, by horizontal oval domes centered spatial units.
Above the intersection arches a massive dome, whose drum is divided by double pilasters between which windows and figure niches alternate.
The as canopy formed high altar, where Gian Lorenzo Bernini's Marmorziborium in St. Peter's Church is evoked, gives a clear view of the elongated monk choir.
The exterior building is largely determined by the additive looking arrangement of towers, domes and chapels. The per se narrow twin-tower facade with its incorporated Ottonian towers is corrected in its Gesamtproportionierung (overall proportioning) by the two laterally attached chapels. The two flanking obelisks let the show side of the church gently fade away.
Decoration and equippment
The spatial effect is determined by the contrast between the white of the wall surfaces and the stucco on the one hand and the black and gold color chord of the architectural elements and the equipment to another.
The stucco with its many figurative representations was created by Giovanni Battista Artari.
Of the rest of its features, especially the numerous baroque tombs deserve special attention.
Markus Golser
Wikipedia article
Baroque Cathedral Church Basilica Two towers Crossing tower
Lá está a escultura de Antony Gormley em cima do Edifício Santos Dumont, na Rua Santa Luzia, Centro, RJ
Frank Lloyd Wright-designed house, built in 1915 for Emil Bach, co-owner of Bach Brick Company. It is a 2,700 square-foot single-family house built in the Prairie School architectural style, consisting of two floors plus basement. Designated a Chicago Landmark in 1977, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places just two years later. The house was open for tours as part of Open House Chicago in October, 2013.
El Presidente de la República, Rafael Correa, junto a la Directora General del IESS, Geovanna León, recorrieron la construcción del nuevo Hospital del IESS Los Ceibos en Guayaquil y constataron que la obra tiene un avance del 97% en la estructura y en total un 54%, de la obra civil.
London.
Designed by Richard Rogers, 1986.
This is the youngest structure to ever obtain a Grade I listing. An innovative piece of architecture in which the services for the building such as ducts and elevators are located on the exterior of the building in order to maximise the internal space.
St Paul's Cathedral is built on the site where the first public Christian service in Melbourne was conducted in 1835. The area of the current site became a corn market until 1848, when it was made available for the construction of St Paul's Parish Church, a bluestone church. St Paul's Parish Church was consecrated in 1852 and was in use until 1885 when it was demolished to make way for the current cathedral.
A distinguished English architect, William Butterfield, designed the cathedral, in the architectural style of Gothic transitional. The foundation stone was laid in 1880 and, on 22 January 1891, the cathedral was consecrated. St Paul's replaced St James Old Cathedral which then stood on the corner of William Street and Collins Street - later moved to a site near the Flagstaff Gardens. To fit the block, the cathedral building is orientated NNW.
The erection of the spires began in 1926, to the design of John Barr of Sydney instead of Butterfield's original design. The 1960s saw extensive work completed to the exterior of the cathedral and the T.C. Lewis organ was restored in 1989 by a major National Trust appeal. Major restoration works were completed in 2009 with significant repairs to the spires, the building of the Moorhouse Tower Lantern and the new processional doors.
St Paul's is built in a revival of the style known as Gothic transitional, being partly Early English and partly Decorated. It was designed by the distinguished English architect William Butterfield, who was noted for his ecclesiastical work. The foundation stone was laid in 1880. Butterfield never saw the site and the building work was frequently delayed by disputes between Butterfield in England and the church authorities in Melbourne. Butterfield resigned in 1884 and the building was finished by a local architect, Joseph Reed. Consequently the design of the spires differs greatly from those originally planned (similar to those built at Christ Church, South Yarra). The cathedral chapter has a scale model of the original completed design.
The cathedral was consecrated on 22 January 1891, but the building of the spires did not begin until 1926.
" It's a dream many Americans can relate to: You retire after years of hard work and move to a small, secluded retreat in the woods.
That's exactly what our third president, Thomas Jefferson, did in 1809, when he left public office and took his first extended stay at Poplar Forest, a plantation retreat near Lynchburg, Va. He made his last visit in 1823 at age 81.
The home he designed there was the first octagonal house in America. It's considered an architectural masterpiece and is a National Historic Landmark."