View allAll Photos Tagged LEADS
UP 7031 leads a North Platte to Council Bluffs manifest train with some special power to be put on a 'Super Bowl' special train, UP 2010 Boy Scout Heritage unit, UP 7400 Breast Cancer Awareness, and all three UP Executive E-units UP 949, UP 963B, and UP 951, at Omaha Nebraska Jan 27, 2011
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
CSX AC44CW leads a southbound stack train through Fort Montgomery
November 27, 2015
CP43, Fort Montgomery NY
CSX Q-158
CSXT AC4400CW: 330
CSXT AC4400CW: 69
CSXT C40-8W: 7759
ES40DC CSX #5458 leads AC44CW #265 towards Florida at Folkston.
The Evolution Series is a line of diesel locomotives built by GE Transportation Systems (now owned by Wabtec), initially designed to meet the U.S. EPA's Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards that took effect in 2005. The first pre-production units were built in 2003. Evolution Series locomotives are equipped with either AC or DC traction motors, depending on the customer's preference. All are powered by the GE GEVO engine
The GE AC4400CW is a 4,400 horsepower (3,300 kW) diesel-electric locomotive that was built by GE Transportation Systems between 1993 and 2004. It is like the Dash 9-44CW, but features AC traction motors instead of DC, with a separate inverter per motor. In appearance, the AC4400CW is somewhat similar to GE's more powerful locomotive, the AC6000CW.
Over the 11 years in which it was produced, GE constructed 2,834 examples for North American railroads. In 2005, all Class I freight railroads except Norfolk Southern owned at least one AC4400CW. As a result of more stringent emissions requirements that came into effect on January of that year, GE no longer offers the AC4400CW, replacing it with the ES44AC.
3ftx3ft collage on canvas. tissue paper, newsprint, sewing patterns, Sharpie, and acrylic matte medium
NHS Change Day Regional Event organised by NHS East Midlands Leads and hosted by Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
TSL Leads guarantees about the quality of our leads. Telemarketing Sales Leads LLC online leads so obtained are through SEO and PPC in order to maintain the highest quality. As Lead quality can be affected by traffic sources, All our leads are generated exclusively through PPC and SEO, email, Radio, TV and Live transfers. TSL Leads avail you with fresh leads and data that are carefully justified to provide accurate data, and boost up your sales. TSL leads and data lists that come with a guarantee and a return policy!
66 013 Leads an Ely Potter Group to Bardon Hill empty hopper train over the River Great Ouse with Ely Cathedral forming the backdrop.
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
The Barncamp is a tech activist gathering on the Wales /England border. With cider. barncamp.org.uk/
Attendees enjoy the Elon LEADS in Raleigh event held at the Angus Barn Pavilion on Thursday, May 5, 2022.
On the way to victory in the feature race.
More of my pictures from the 2008 Durban A1 GP at a1gp-images.com/RSA/index.php
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
Taj Burrow (Busselton, WA Australia) (pictured) claimed the first jewel in the 2011 VANS Triple Crown of Surfing by winning the Reef Hawaiian Pro at Ali'i Beach Park, Haleiwa, Hawaii today.
Burrow claimed his first event victory of the year when he posted the events third highest heat total of 16.90 (out of a possible 20.00) in the final to defeat Adam Melling (AUS), Adriano De Souza (BRA) and Nat Young (USA) and claim the prize purse of US$25000. Burrow leads the VANS Triple Crown ratings heading into the next event at Sunset Beach.
Taken from Wikipedia:
Dun an Sticir (grid reference NF89717767) is located on a small island in Loch an Sticir on the east side of the B893 road, 0.8 kilometers south of Newtonferry. The name is also misspelled Dun an Sticer and Dun an Sticar. The island, on which the broch stands, is connected by a causeway to another larger island called Eilean na Mi-Chomhairle (Island of Bad Council). This larger island is connected via two causeways to the mainland. Dun an Sticir is freely accessible. At high tide, the causeways may be partially submerged.
The name Dun an Sticir is derived from "dun", which means "fortress", and "sticir" which means "skulker". Thus Dun an Sticir means Fort Skulker. Only in the second half of the twentieth century did it become clear that the structure was a broch.
History
Dun an Sticir was probably built in the Iron Age in the period between 100 BC and 100 AD, like most brochs. Limited excavations resulted in finds of pottery.
The broch was probably inhabited during the Viking period. In the Middle Ages the broch was converted into a rectangular hall, or small tower. The entrance was enlarged and a window was constructed. Outbuildings were added and there was a larger building on Eilean na Mi-Chomhairle. The causeway from the north side of the loch to Eilean na Mi-Chomhairle was widened to 3 meters, so that carts could get to the island.
Hugh MacDonald of Sleat (Scottish Gaelic: Ùisdean MacGilleEasbuig Chlèirich), son of Hugh the Clerk, inhabited Dun Sticir in 1602. He was the Factor to North Uist in the 1580s. In 1586 he hatched a plan to murder his cousin, Donald Gorm, 8th Chief of the Macdonalds of Sleat. After his plan was discovered, he fled to Dun an Sticir. He was eventually captured when he tried to escape a siege of his castle, Caisteal Uisdean, on Skye. As punishment, he was starved to death in the dungeon of Duntulm Castle on Skye.
Construction
Dun an Sticir is located on an island in a loch. A wide stone causeway leads from the north to the island of Eilean na Mi-Chomhairle. A second, smaller causeway leads from the south side of the lake to the same island. A third causeway curves from that island to the east to the small island on which the broch lies. The causeways are partially submerged at high tide.
The broch has a total diameter of 18 metres. The walls of the broch are 3.5 metres thick and in some places a little more than three metres high.
The circular interior of the broch was in the Middle Ages transformed into a rectangular area 10 metres by 4.6 metres. The axis is northeast–southwest. The entrances are 1.1 metres wide, located in the northwest and southwest of the rectangular space. The wall at the southwestern entrance is 2.5 metres thick.
Photo - (c) C.H.Stocker
Literature (c) Wikipedia
North Pacific Union pathfinders lead the Thursday afternoon parade at the 2009 International Camporee in Oshkosh, Wis. From left: Stephanie Grahm, Pleasant Valley, Ore.; Natalie Abbot Colville, Wash.; Charles Mincher, Alaska; Zack Clark, Vale, Ore.; Sarah Ringring, Bonney Lake, Wash.
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. - Erica Jong
Went to Salvation Mountain for the first time yesterday. I am in no way religious but found this man's (Leonard Knight) love for God and spreading the message of Love pretty endearing. You can learn more here:
Any mention of 'Norfolk' and 'churches' inevitably leads to the name of Reverend Edmund Nelson father of Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson. Until about 1772 Rev. Nelson had been the rector of two churches in the 'Burnhams' area, namely Burnham Sutton and Burnham Ulph both on the eastern side of the village of Burnham Market. The church on the other side of the village being Burnham Westgate.
www.flickr.com/photos/barryslemmings/sets/72157601464300327/ to see the full set.
The two eastern churches were only about 500 yards apart and had been twinned since 1420. As early as 1766 Rev. Nelson had declared both were unfit for Divine Service and had applied for a faculty to demolish Burnham Sutton and restore Burnham Ulph with the proceeds of whatever could be sold from the other site. The two churches were thus combined around 1772 into All Saints, Burnham Sutton Cum Ulph, and remain so today.
The weed overgrown remains of the earlier church [dedicated to St Ethelbert] can still be found at a road junction south of All Saints and these ruins are marked by a steel plaque. I have included photos of the earlier church ruins in this set to complete the story. The ruined church was unusual in that the tower was incorporated into the west wall of the existing nave in the 15th century rather than added externally. Traces of the lost chancel were found when one road was widened.
The surviving All Saints church is thought to be on a Saxon site but the present material is of Transitional (about 1190AD) and later periods. The priest's door on the south side of the chancel is blocked and very low indicating how much the exterior churchyard has risen in at least 800 years of occupation and burial. The similar door on the north side is still there and much taller with a hood mould to deflect drips INSIDE the church. This moulding may have been taken from the demolished church and reused on this site.
Tradition has it that the Nelson family's cook would come to this north door and rattle it to hurry the Rector up is she felt he was taking too long with his sermon and the Sunday meal would spoil.
The chancel arch is pointed but has Norman capitals and is also thought to be Transitional. There are traces of a rood screen including the loft stairs in the wall. There are some curious carved heads including a fool with two hands in his mouth. A former gallery was removed in Victorian times when the pews were renewed. There is one bell remaining, the other is believed to have fallen in the early 19th century.
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.
Taken for JMU Technology & Design by Maddy Ebbert. All rights reserved. No usage without permission.