View allAll Photos Tagged Built_Structure
VIANA DO CASTELO (Portugal): Ponte do Sebastião e Azenha Branca.
A Ponte do Sebastião localiza-se entre as freguesias de Castelo do Neiva e de Antas e foi construída em 1930 por ordem de um particular, à data o proprietário da azenha e do pesqueiro existente no local. É parte integrante do Caminho Português da Costa para Santiago de Compostela, sendo atravessada diariamente por centenas de peregrinos.
info: www.cm-viana-castelo.pt/pt/noticias/reconstrucao-da-ponte...
The Pont Rouelle (English: Rouelle Bridge) is a railway bridge in Paris that crosses the river Seine.
Königsplatz in Augsburg: Many bus and tram lines from Augsburg stop here, making it the ideal place for long-term nighttime shots.
After the rain in a quiet alley with classic architecture and public art in the coastal town of Acireale, Italy.
Jardines del Descubrimiento
son un parque de la ciudad española de Madrid, ubicado en la Plaza de Colón y delimitado por las calles de Goya, Armada Española, Serrano y el paseo de la Castellana. y están dedicados al descubrimiento de América.
Los jardines, que están dedicados al descubrimiento de América, fueron inaugurados en 1970, dentro de las obras de remodelación de la plaza de Colón.1 Se levantan sobre el lugar donde se alzaba la Casa de Moneda y Timbre, edificio del siglo xviii que fue derribado durante la citada reforma.
Discovery Gardens
They are a park in the Spanish city of Madrid, located in the Plaza de Colón and delimited by the streets of Goya, Armada Española, Serrano and Paseo de la Castellana. and cThey are dedicated to the discovery of America
The gardens, which are dedicated to the discovery of America, were inaugurated in 1970, within the remodeling works of the Plaza de Colón.1 They rise on the place where the Casa de Moneda y Timbre stood, an 18th century building that It was demolished during the mentioned reform.
Nyhavn is a 17th-century waterfront, canal and entertainment district in Copenhagen, Denmark. Stretching from Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal Playhouse, it is lined by brightly coloured 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. The canal harbours many historical wooden ships.
Elevation
4,200 feet at the shore. Frary Peak is the island’s highest point at 6,596 feet.
History
John C. Fremont and Kit Carson made the first known Anglo exploration of Antelope Island in 1845. The Island was named after the explorers observed several pronghorn antelope grazing on the rangelands.
Fielding Garr established the first permanent residence on the island in 1848. The ranch house he built is the oldest Anglo-built structure in Utah still on its original foundation.
The island and ranch passed from owner to owner until 1981 when the State of Utah purchased the 28,000-ace island for a State Park.
Geology
Antelope Island is part of what is known as the Basin and Range, stretching from the Wasatch mountains on the east to the Sierra Nevada mountain range on the west. Antelope Island is the largest island on Great Salt Lake at just over 28,000 acres, stretching 15 miles long and about 5 miles wide.
The oldest exposed rocks on the island are from the Farmington Canyon Complex, called gneiss. These metamorphic rocks have been dated to 1.7 billion years old, and are the same age as rocks found at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. These rocks can be seen on the southern two-thirds of the island.
Tintic Quartzite, found on the northern one-third of the island, is 550 million years old and was deposited in a shallow marine environment. This metamorphic rock can be seen around the Park’s visitor center, Lady Finger Point and Buffalo Point.
The youngest rocks on the island are tufa, a sedimentary rock deposited from concentrations of calcium carbonate during the time of Lake Bonneville. Tufa deposits typically resemble concrete and can be viewed from the Buffalo Point Trail.
Wildlife
Although surrounded by saltwater, Antelope Island has over 40 freshwater springs producing enough water to support the island’s abundant wildlife.
Bison are the most famous residents. Twelve animals were brought to the island in 1893 and were the foundation for today’s herd of 550 – 700. An annual bison roundup is held each fall to assess the health of the herd and sell extra animals.
Pronghorn antelope are native to Utah and to the island. These small, deer-like animals are the fastest animals in North America and can reach speeds of up to 70 miles per hour.
Mule deer and bighorn sheep are the other large herbivores on the island. Predators include coyotes, badgers, bobcats, and numerous birds of prey such as owls, hawks and falcons.
Paris at sunrise.
My website: www.rudybalasko.smugmug.com
Instagram: www.instagram.com/rudib1976/
All rights reserved - Copyright © Rudolf Balasko
All images are exclusive property and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, manipulated or used in any way without expressed, written permission of the photographer.
Nyhavn is a 17th-century waterfront, canal and entertainment district in Copenhagen, Denmark. Stretching from Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal Playhouse, it is lined by brightly coloured 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. The canal harbours many historical wooden ships.
Rua típica da aldeia histórica de Linhares da Beira, situada na vertente ocidental da Serra da Estrela. Esta aldeia medieval, fundada no século XII, reflete a sua origem num castro lusitano e preserva construções em granito que testemunham séculos de ocupação por diferentes povos, incluindo romanos, visigodos e muçulmanos. As ruas estreitas e empedradas são parte do legado arquitetónico que caracteriza esta aldeia, integrada no programa das 12 Aldeias Históricas de Portugal.
Кальтаджироне (итал. Caltagirone) - Лестница Богоматери (Caltagirone e Scalinata di Santa Maria del Monte)
Kazan monastery was closed on the 19th of October, 1918. The buildings of the monastery were handed over to the provincial Cheka. During the times of the civil war, after Antonov peasant revolt, the Soviet government arranged a camp in the monastery where they had interrogations and shootings of the rebels held. The grand bell tower was destroyed at that same time on the ground of its dilapidation. After 1945 the buildings of the monastery housed the national archives and vocational training facility. The monastery had stayed in the dilapidated state for more than 50 years. The restoration of Kazan monastery started in the end of 1992. At present the construction of Kazan monastery belfry has been completed. The new bell tower is considered to be the tallest in the Central Federal District and the second tallest in Russia after the spire of Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in St. Petersburg. Its height is 107 m.
Казанский мужской монастырь был закрыт 19 октября 1918 года. Во время гражданской войны после Антоновского крестьянского восстания в Казанском монастыре советской властью был устроен лагерь, в котором велись допросы и расстрелы участников восстания. В это же время была разрушена величественная колокольня. Возрождение Казанского мужского монастыря началось в конце 1992 года. Оба храма подверглись реконструкции, на месте, близком к первоначальному, была восстановлена колокольня. Золотая главка колокольни и огромный светящийся крест на ее вершине видны практически из любой точки города. Колокольная башня состоит из пяти ярусов с надвратным храмом-часовней в основании, между четвертым и пятым ярусом установлены большие часы типа курантов. Новая колокольня, оснащенная богатым набором колоколов, считается самой высокой в Центральном федеральном округе и второй по величине в России, уступает она лишь шпилю Петропавловского собора в Санкт-Петербурге. Ее высота — 107 метров.
New York City - January 4, 2023: Russ & Daughters located at 179 East Houston Street opened in 1914. It is a family-operated store, that has been at the same location on the Lower East Side of Manhattan in New York City since 1920.
Nyhavn is a 17th-century waterfront, canal and entertainment district in Copenhagen, Denmark. Stretching from Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal Playhouse, it is lined by brightly coloured 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. The canal harbours many historical wooden ships.
La Bodega Real Cortijo de Carlos III
situada en el término municipal de Aranjuez, es una joya arquitectónica del s.XVIII, mandada construir por SM Carlos III para proveer de vino y aceite la casa real.
El Lagar, una larga edificación de 70 metros de longitud, es una nave abovedada de estilo neoclásico, conecta con la galería subterránea con una superficie de 2.500m2, que recorre casi medio kilómetro de longitud bajo el pueblo de El Real Cortijo de San Isidro, pedanía de Aranjuez. El acceso desde un jardín de estilo francés, a la galería subterránea es una monumental portada de piedra de Colmenar construida en 1.782 en el estilo neoclásico.
The Real Cortijo de Carlos III Winery
Located in the municipality of Aranjuez, it is an architectural jewel from the 18th century, ordered to be built by SM Carlos III to provide the royal household with wine and oil.
The Lagar, a long building 70 meters long, is a vaulted nave in neoclassical style, it connects with the underground gallery with an area of 2,500m2, which runs almost half a kilometer in length under the town of The Real Cortijo of Saint Isidro, district of Aranjuez. The access from a French-style garden to the underground gallery is a monumental stone portal from Colmenar built in 1782 in the neoclassical style.
El Ponte Vecchio es un puente medieval sobre el río Arno en Florencia, Italia. Es un símbolo de la ciudad y uno de los puentes más famosos del mundo, uno de los pocos puentes habitados que se conservan.
Se cree que fue un puente construido inicialmente en madera por los romanos, poco después de la fundación de Florencia sobre el año 150 a. C.2
Desde siempre ha contenido distintas tiendas y gran actividad comercial; según la leyenda, esto es debido a que en el puente había exención de impuestos.
The Ponte Vecchio is a medieval bridge over the Arno River in Florence, Italy. It is a symbol of the city and one of the most famous bridges in the world, one of the few surviving inhabited bridges.
It is believed that it was a bridge initially built in wood by the Romans, shortly after the founding of Florence around the year 150 BC. C.2
It has always contained different stores and great commercial activity; According to legend, this is because the bridge had tax exemptions.
...because I got asked a lot about the sunrays: They are *not* edited / fake. They are real! It's just the interaction of the right moment in time and the right camera settings, then there is no need to fake it in post :-)
If you have time you are welcome to have a look at all my other pictures as well: www.flickr.com/photos/christianmeister
During the blue hour, Hallstatt reveals a quieter side. The village slows down, the streets empty, and artificial light gently takes over from the fading sky. Warm streetlights guide the eye through the narrow road, while the church tower rises calmly from the misty backdrop of the mountains.
This moment was about balance. Cool ambient light meeting warm highlights. Texture in the stone walls, subtle reflections on the asphalt, and depth created by layers of architecture and atmosphere. Nothing dramatic, yet full of presence.
Hallstatt is often photographed for its iconic viewpoints, but scenes like this define its true character. Intimate, timeless, and quietly cinematic.
I’m also on instagram.com/royz.nl
Edificio gótico, construido en piedra en el siglo XIV. podemos distinguir tres partes: La cabecera, un pequeño edículo poco profundo, construido en sillarejo y cubierto con bóveda de arista, a continuación, un recinto cuadrado, cubierto con cúpula sobre pechinas; el tramo de los pies, edificado en sillería, tiene una planta cuadrada cubierta con bóveda de crucería. Se accede por una portada resguardada por un pórtico con columnas toscanas y techumbre de madera. La espadaña, a los pies, está construida en ladrillo y tiene un solo cuerpo.