View allAll Photos Tagged indication

The Orlando show car is a clear indication that Chevrolet is considering an expansion to its portfolio with a seven-seat multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) with distinctive sport-utility-like design, adaptable seating and impressive interior space. read more>>

'Queen Mary' Opens Era of Bus Royalty

Happy days appear to be just around the corner for Chicago's lost legion of transit line straphangers.

Indication of this new era came yesterday when the "Queen Mary," the world s largest trolleybus, was placed in trial service on the northwest side in Diversey Ave. between Western and Harlem Ave's.

For the Chicago Transit authority, this modern trolley, which measures nearly 10 feet longer than the next largest of Its kind, may be the answer to the problem of finding a rubber tired vehicle with the capacity of a street car,

They Stand In Comfort!

For the passenger who gets a seat, the sponge rubber cushions, improved shock absorbers and other developments offer smoother riding.

But it's the straphanger - the rider without a seat - who stands the best chance of gaining the most, a trip on the new bus showed.

Instead of being pushed and shoved, the passenger hanging to the strap - or, rather, the grip rail in the case of a trolley bus - can stand In comfort and read his paper just like the lucky rider with a seat. This is assured by the especially wide aisle. There's plenty of space for two persons to stand with more than sufficient room for a third rider to walk the centre.

The "Queen Mary's" aisle is 31 Inches wide. This is equalled only by the most modern street cars which are operated on only a few lines. Other trolleybuses of Post-war vintage have 28 inch aisles. The old street cars, which the CTA hopes to replace with modern trolleybuses, provide only 23 to 25 inches for the aisle.

Holds As Many As Street Car

Other good news for riders concerns the windows. At eye level of the standing passenger, there s a strip of green glass. It affords a full view of the outside and also eliminates glare.

From the straphanger s stand- point, yesterday s trip had one disturbing feature. There was considerable jerking when the bus stopped and started. However, E. W. Sayre, driving instructor, said this would be overcome as drivers gained more experience.

Built chiefly of aluminium, the new bus Is 47 feet long and seats 58 persons, the same number as. modern street cars. Comfort during winter is provided by an automatic warm air circulatory system. For summer, the bud Is air cooled.

A six wheel vehicle, it Is hinged in the centre so that It can take cross-grade elevations smoothly. It is steered by both front and rear axles.

"It handles like a toy," said the driver, John Batka, of 1721 N. Parkside Ave., as he pulled in from a run on schedule - Chicago Daily Tribune, Saturday, January 15, 1949.

 

Chicago #999 Fageol Twin Coach 58DWTT 1948 articulated demonstrator, aka "The Queen Mary", was renumbered 9763 in 1952. Now preserved at the Illinois Railway Museum Trolleybus Department.

The Forty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from March 28 to March 30, 2022.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

This is a photograph from the 1st round of the 2015 Mullingar Road League which was held in Belvedere House and Gardens, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland on Wednesday 6th May 2015 at 20:00. This year the 5KM was ran on a modified route based on the route from the last couple of years. Tonight the final 1KM stayed within the Belvedere Gardens bringing runners down to the lakeside for a second time and finishing along the aptly named Stream Of Life. The route modification meant that the race offered a slightly faster route than the hill finish of previous years.

The race is promoted by Mullingar Harriers for the Pat Finnerty Memorial Cup. Competitors need to run 3 races out of the 4 races in May (any order) to be considered in the overall placing in categories at the conclusion of the league. Over 350 people took part in tonight's event. The weather was perfect for running with sunshine with just a little breeze. The new finish area provided a nice space for runners to stay around and chat in the evening sunshine. The Mullingar Road League 2015 has started off successfully and looks to add to the success in the history of this great series.

The "Road League" is something of a misnomer but is an indication of the League's origins on the roads around Ladestown Mullingar prior to it's move into Belvedere in 2008. The Road League is the envy of many other races in the country as the Belvedere locations offers a completely traffic free 5KM route.

 

We have an extensive set of photographs from tonight in the following Flickr Album: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/16772614064/

 

Timing and event management was provided by Precision Timing. Results are available on their website at www.precisiontiming.net/results.aspx with additional material available on their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/davidprecisiontiming?fref=ts) See their promotional video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-7_TUVwJ6Q

Photographs from the last number of years of the Mullingar Road League are found at the bottom of this text

 

USING OUR PHOTOGRAPHS - A QUICK GUIDE AND ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

Can I use these photographs directly from Flickr on my social media account(s)?

 

Yes - of course you can! Flickr provides several ways to share this and other photographs in this Flickr set. You can share directly to: email, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, LiveJournal, and Wordpress and Blogger blog sites. Your mobile, tablet, or desktop device will also offer you several different options for sharing this photo page on your social media outlets.

 

BUT..... Wait there a minute....

We take these photographs as a hobby and as a contribution to the running community in Ireland. We do not charge for our photographs. Our only "cost" is that we request that if you are using these images: (1) on social media sites such as Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter,LinkedIn, Google+, VK.com, Vine, Meetup, Tagged, Ask.fm,etc or (2) other websites, blogs, web multimedia, commercial/promotional material that you must provide a link back to our Flickr page to attribute us or acknowledge us as the original photographers.

 

This also extends to the use of these images for Facebook profile pictures. In these cases please make a separate wall or blog post with a link to our Flickr page. If you do not know how this should be done for Facebook or other social media please email us and we will be happy to help suggest how to link to us.

 

I want to download these pictures to my computer or device?

 

You can download this photographic image here directly to your computer or device. This version is the low resolution web-quality image. How to download will vary slight from device to device and from browser to browser. Have a look for a down-arrow symbol or the link to 'View/Download' all sizes. When you click on either of these you will be presented with the option to download the image. Remember just doing a right-click and "save target as" will not work on Flickr.

 

I want get full resolution, print-quality, copies of these photographs?

 

If you just need these photographs for online usage then they can be used directly once you respect their Creative Commons license and provide a link back to our Flickr set if you use them. For offline usage and printing all of the photographs posted here on this Flickr set are available free, at no cost, at full image resolution.

 

Please email petermooney78 AT gmail DOT com with the links to the photographs you would like to obtain a full resolution copy of. We also ask race organisers, media, etc to ask for permission before use of our images for flyers, posters, etc. We reserve the right to refuse a request.

 

In summary please remember when requesting photographs from us - If you are using the photographs online all we ask is for you to provide a link back to our Flickr set or Flickr pages. You will find the link above clearly outlined in the description text which accompanies this photograph. Taking these photographs and preparing them for online posting takes a significant effort and time. We are not posting photographs to Flickr for commercial reasons. If you really like what we do please spread the link around your social media, send us an email, leave a comment beside the photographs, send us a Flickr email, etc. If you are using the photographs in newspapers or magazines we ask that you mention where the original photograph came from.

 

I would like to contribute something for your photograph(s)?

Many people offer payment for our photographs. As stated above we do not charge for these photographs. We take these photographs as our contribution to the running community in Ireland. If you feel that the photograph(s) you request are good enough that you would consider paying for their purchase from other photographic providers or in other circumstances we would suggest that you can provide a donation to any of the great charities in Ireland who do work for Cancer Care or Cancer Research in Ireland.

 

Let's get a bit technical: We use Creative Commons Licensing for these photographs

We use the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License for all our photographs here in this photograph set. What does this mean in reality?

The explaination is very simple.

Attribution- anyone using our photographs gives us an appropriate credit for it. This ensures that people aren't taking our photographs and passing them off as their own. This usually just mean putting a link to our photographs somewhere on your website, blog, or Facebook where other people can see it.

ShareAlike – anyone can use these photographs, and make changes if they like, or incorporate them into a bigger project, but they must make those changes available back to the community under the same terms.

 

Above all what Creative Commons aims to do is to encourage creative sharing. See some examples of Creative Commons photographs on Flickr: www.flickr.com/creativecommons/

 

I ran in the race - but my photograph doesn't appear here in your Flickr set! What gives?

 

As mentioned above we take these photographs as a hobby and as a voluntary contribution to the running community in Ireland. Very often we have actually ran in the same race and then switched to photographer mode after we finished the race. Consequently, we feel that we have no obligations to capture a photograph of every participant in the race. However, we do try our very best to capture as many participants as possible. But this is sometimes not possible for a variety of reasons:

 

     ►You were hidden behind another participant as you passed our camera

     ►Weather or lighting conditions meant that we had some photographs with blurry content which we did not upload to our Flickr set

     ►There were too many people - some races attract thousands of participants and as amateur photographs we cannot hope to capture photographs of everyone

     ►We simply missed you - sorry about that - we did our best!

  

You can email us petermooney78 AT gmail DOT com to enquire if we have a photograph of you which didn't make the final Flickr selection for the race. But we cannot promise that there will be photograph there. As alternatives we advise you to contact the race organisers to enquire if there were (1) other photographs taking photographs at the race event or if (2) there were professional commercial sports photographers taking photographs which might have some photographs of you available for purchase. You might find some links for further information above.

 

Don't like your photograph here?

That's OK! We understand!

 

If, for any reason, you are not happy or comfortable with your picture appearing here in this photoset on Flickr then please email us at petermooney78 AT gmail DOT com and we will remove it as soon as possible. We give careful consideration to each photograph before uploading.

 

I want to tell people about these great photographs!

Great! Thank you! The best link to spread the word around is probably http://www.flickr.com/peterm7/sets

  

Links to previous Mullingar Road League Photographs from over the years

 

Our photographs from Round 1 of the 2014 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157644508131856/

Our photographs from Round 2 of the 2014 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157644261638039/

Our photographs from Round 3 of the 2014 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157644769714481/

Our photographs from Round 4 of the 2014 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157644840050706/

Road League 2014 Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/patfinnertyroadleague?fref=ts (Requires Facebook logon)

YouTube Video for the Promotion of the 2014 Road League: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvVVwrkgTM

A Vimeo Video for the Promotion of the 2013 Road League: vimeo.com/64875578

Our photographs from Round 5 of the 2013 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157633794985503/

Our photographs from Round 4 of the 2013 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157633604656368/

Our photographs from Round 3 of the 2013 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157633470510535/

Our photographs from Round 2 of the 2013 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157633451422506/

Our photographs from Round 1 of the 2013 Road League on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157633397519242/

Belvedere House and Gardens on Google Street View: goo.gl/maps/WWTgD

Chip Timing Results from Precision Timing: www.precisiontiming.net/results.aspx

Belvedere House and Gardens Website: www.belvedere-house.ie/

Mullingar Harriers Facebook Group Page: www.facebook.com/groups/158535740855708/?fref=ts

Our Flickr Collection from Mullingar Road League 2012 (1,800 photographs) www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/collections/72157629780992768/

Our Flickr Collection from Mullingar Road League 2011 (820 photographs) www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/collections/72157626524444213/

Our Flickr Collection from Mullingar Road League 2010 (500 photographs) www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/collections/72157624051668808/

Our Flickr Collection from Mullingar Road League 2009 (250 photographs) www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/collections/72157617814884076/

Our Flickr Collection from Mullingar Road League 2008 (150 photographs) www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/collections/72157605062152203/

The Thirty-Eighth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from October 30 to November 2, 2017.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Third Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from March 16 to March 20, 2015.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Forty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from March 28 to March 30, 2022.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirtieth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from November 4 to November 8, 2013.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Forty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from March 28 to March 30, 2022.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

G35 rolls east through Wood Dale, with CP 4526 leading a CN SD75I and an IC SD70.

 

06/24/11

An indication of the level of detail im trying to achieve on the trackwork. TWPS grids, orange cable sleeves, lineside cabinets and concrete cable ducting.

The Twenty-ninth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from May 27 to May 31, 2013.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Sixth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from October 17 to October 19, 2016.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

L'une des caractéristiques de cette carrière est son fléchage et ses indications qui sont très simples pour s'y retrouver. Attention cependant, ce n'est que dans une petite partie de la carrière mais néanmoins très concentrée de véhicules et objets divers.

Traders indication: P13134.

The 4-door Amazon P120-series was designed by Jan Wilsgaard and introduced in 1956.

The 2-door P130-series coach was presented in Oct. 1961.

131 indicates a special version.

 

1986cc engine runs on LPG,

1084 kg.

Volvo P131 production: 1968-1970.

Official first admission of this car: May 22, 1968.

New Dutch license number: Autumn 1972.

 

Amsterdam-O., Oosterpark, Nov. 27, 2014.

 

© 2014 Sander Toonen Amsterdam | All Rights Reserved

Curta minha página no facebook / Like me on facebook <a href="https://www.facebook.com/leonardocarneirofotografia" Equipamento utilizado: Canon EOS 7D + Raynox DCR-250

Camels racing in Victoria Park, Arbroath, in July, 1987. There is no indication whether the occasion was The Angus Show or Arbroath Highland Games, but we suspect the latter. The event was sponsored by the Abbeygate Shopping Centre.

These new grocery aisle markers, which fo to the decor package "Black and White 2.1"? (correct me if I'm wrong), have been at this Walmart since the shooting about a year ago, but these two in the back have never had the names or the aisle numbers put on them.

An artist uses their brush strokes to indicate more than is really there. They don't paint every detail in rocks and trees for example. The best digital cameras can easily capture the beautiful fine detail in a leaf. I love observing that detail but capturing detail can merely be replication not art. I see photos that have filter apps applied to give the image an artistic appeal. These images are often much more visually satisfying than the photo straight out of the camera. My photos are generally not sharp finely detailed images. I've wondered why I don't always seek to produce the detail and color my camera can produce. Maybe the indication of detail is more interesting sometimes. A blurry, grainy subject that requires our mind to assemble the puzzle can make a very engaging photo.

The Thirty-Third Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from March 16 to March 20, 2015.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Fourth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from November 16 to November 18, 2015.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Fourth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from November 16 to November 18, 2015.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Sixth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from October 17 to October 19, 2016.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirtieth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from November 4 to November 8, 2013.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

A lusong, mortar, at Pågat. The lusong was used by ancient CHamorus/Chamorros to grind or process food. They are indications of a historical site or latte settlement. Pågat is one of four recorded latte settlements of northeastern Guam.

 

Kerri Ann Borja

The Twenty-ninth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from May 27 to May 31, 2013.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

History of Kraków

First indications of the existence of Krakow approximately stem from the 7th century. In the next following centuries the tribe of Vistulans (Wislanie) populated Krakow, after they centuries ago in the as "Lesser Poland" or Malopolska known region had settled down. From the year 965 stems the first document from Krakow, as Abraham ben Jacob of Cordova, a Jewish merchant, in his book referred to the trading center of Krakow.

In 1000, the Diocese of Krakow was founded and in 1038 declared capital of the Piast dynasty. The Wawel castle and several churches were built in the 11th century and thus the town rapidly grew. 1241 the Mongols invaded the city and burned down Krakow without exception. 1138 Krakow became the seat of the senior prince. 1257 Kraków was awarded its town charter and a city map was drawn up, which remained until today. This one included the arrangement of the checkerboard street configuration with a centrally located market. On the market following the seat of the city government was built. From the historical trading functions until today only the Cloth Halls remained. But on the market not only trade agreements were closed but also courtly and urban festivities celebrated. Furthermore, the urban center served for executions. The defensive walls were built, which surrounded the city and linked it to the Wawel. In the south of Wawel Castle in 1335 the city of Kazimierz was created. By Royal command it was surrounded by defense walls and the churches of St. Catherine, of Corpus Christi and the "Na Skalce" were built. End of the 15th century, Jews settled the later Cracow district. 1364 the Cracow Academy of King Kazimierz Wielki was founded, the famous Polish Jagellonen-University.

With the last king of Jagellonian dynasty, Krakow flourished. The Wawel castle was rebuilt in Renaissance style, the well known Zygmunt chapel was built and the Cloth Halls as well as the patrician houses have been restored. During the reign of King Sigismund III. Vasa the baroque style received introduction in Krakow. The Baroque University Church of St. Anne and the Church of Saints Peter and Paul were built in this period. In 1607 Warsaw was declared headquarters of the King, but Krakow retained its title of the Royal capital. Furthermore, it remained the place of coronations and funerals. Middle of the 17th century, the city was devastated by the Swedes, what at the beginning of the 18th century was produced again.

After the first partition of Poland, Krakow became a frontier town. Austria declared the settlement Podgorze separated city. After the second division in 1794, began the Polish national uprising. After its decline and the third partition of Poland the town fell to the Austrians, which on Wawel Hill caused numerous devastations and adapted buildings to the wishes and needs of the Army. 1809 Cracow was affiliated to the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. After the defeat of Napoleon, Krakow in the Vienna Convention of 1815 was declared Free City of Kraków. Then the remains of folk hero Tadeusz Kosciuszko and of Prince Jozef Poniatowski were brought back to the city. 1820-1823 on the rise of St. Bronislava a hill in honor of the leader of the popular uprising was built. Instead of the city walls, which were largely destroyed, they laid out supporting beams. 1846 Krakow lost its independence and the Austrians erected again on the Wawel barracks and they surrounded the Wawel with fortification complexes. However, Austria but has proved less tyrannical and so the city enjoyed a certain degree of growing cultural and political freedom. 1918 Krakow became the independence back.

Before the outbreak of the Second World War, in Krakow lived about 260,000 inhabitants, of which 65,000 belonged to the Jewish religion. During the war, also Krakow became witness of German war crimes. The for the greater part Jewish district of Kazimierz was eradicated. The Jews from now on lived in ghettos where they either were deported from there to Auschwitz or immediately shot. In spite of the plundering of the Nazis, Krakow became no scene for military combat operations and thus the only large Polish town escaping this fate. Therefore, its old architecture still almost completely is intact.

After the surrender of Germany and the Polish liberation, hastened the Communist government to inspire the traditional life and the city with a large steel plant in Nowa Huta. But the intensive rebuilding of the economy and industry rather promoted an ecological disaster. Buildings that had survived the war undamaged were now devoured and destroyed by acid rain and toxic gases. Carbon dioxide emissions grew so powerful that this has remained a serious and grave problem of the city. After the fall of the Communists and the fall of the Iron Curtain Krakow has benefited greatly from tourism and has adapted itself to a large extent to the Western culture.

www.polen-digital.de/krakau/geschichte/

The Thirty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from April 25 to April 27, 2016.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Twenty-ninth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from May 27 to May 31, 2013.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

History of Kraków

First indications of the existence of Krakow approximately stem from the 7th century. In the next following centuries the tribe of Vistulans (Wislanie) populated Krakow, after they centuries ago in the as "Lesser Poland" or Malopolska known region had settled down. From the year 965 stems the first document from Krakow, as Abraham ben Jacob of Cordova, a Jewish merchant, in his book referred to the trading center of Krakow.

In 1000, the Diocese of Krakow was founded and in 1038 declared capital of the Piast dynasty. The Wawel castle and several churches were built in the 11th century and thus the town rapidly grew. 1241 the Mongols invaded the city and burned down Krakow without exception. 1138 Krakow became the seat of the senior prince. 1257 Kraków was awarded its town charter and a city map was drawn up, which remained until today. This one included the arrangement of the checkerboard street configuration with a centrally located market. On the market following the seat of the city government was built. From the historical trading functions until today only the Cloth Halls remained. But on the market not only trade agreements were closed but also courtly and urban festivities celebrated. Furthermore, the urban center served for executions. The defensive walls were built, which surrounded the city and linked it to the Wawel. In the south of Wawel Castle in 1335 the city of Kazimierz was created. By Royal command it was surrounded by defense walls and the churches of St. Catherine, of Corpus Christi and the "Na Skalce" were built. End of the 15th century, Jews settled the later Cracow district. 1364 the Cracow Academy of King Kazimierz Wielki was founded, the famous Polish Jagellonen-University.

With the last king of Jagellonian dynasty, Krakow flourished. The Wawel castle was rebuilt in Renaissance style, the well known Zygmunt chapel was built and the Cloth Halls as well as the patrician houses have been restored. During the reign of King Sigismund III. Vasa the baroque style received introduction in Krakow. The Baroque University Church of St. Anne and the Church of Saints Peter and Paul were built in this period. In 1607 Warsaw was declared headquarters of the King, but Krakow retained its title of the Royal capital. Furthermore, it remained the place of coronations and funerals. Middle of the 17th century, the city was devastated by the Swedes, what at the beginning of the 18th century was produced again.

After the first partition of Poland, Krakow became a frontier town. Austria declared the settlement Podgorze separated city. After the second division in 1794, began the Polish national uprising. After its decline and the third partition of Poland the town fell to the Austrians, which on Wawel Hill caused numerous devastations and adapted buildings to the wishes and needs of the Army. 1809 Cracow was affiliated to the Grand Duchy of Warsaw. After the defeat of Napoleon, Krakow in the Vienna Convention of 1815 was declared Free City of Kraków. Then the remains of folk hero Tadeusz Kosciuszko and of Prince Jozef Poniatowski were brought back to the city. 1820-1823 on the rise of St. Bronislava a hill in honor of the leader of the popular uprising was built. Instead of the city walls, which were largely destroyed, they laid out supporting beams. 1846 Krakow lost its independence and the Austrians erected again on the Wawel barracks and they surrounded the Wawel with fortification complexes. However, Austria but has proved less tyrannical and so the city enjoyed a certain degree of growing cultural and political freedom. 1918 Krakow became the independence back.

Before the outbreak of the Second World War, in Krakow lived about 260,000 inhabitants, of which 65,000 belonged to the Jewish religion. During the war, also Krakow became witness of German war crimes. The for the greater part Jewish district of Kazimierz was eradicated. The Jews from now on lived in ghettos where they either were deported from there to Auschwitz or immediately shot. In spite of the plundering of the Nazis, Krakow became no scene for military combat operations and thus the only large Polish town escaping this fate. Therefore, its old architecture still almost completely is intact.

After the surrender of Germany and the Polish liberation, hastened the Communist government to inspire the traditional life and the city with a large steel plant in Nowa Huta. But the intensive rebuilding of the economy and industry rather promoted an ecological disaster. Buildings that had survived the war undamaged were now devoured and destroyed by acid rain and toxic gases. Carbon dioxide emissions grew so powerful that this has remained a serious and grave problem of the city. After the fall of the Communists and the fall of the Iron Curtain Krakow has benefited greatly from tourism and has adapted itself to a large extent to the Western culture.

www.polen-digital.de/krakau/geschichte/

Akihabara, Tokyo's "Electric Town," is famous for its huge stores overflowing with the latest Japanese electronics. But the area is also a haven for otaku -- Japan's manga- and anime-inspired geek underground.

 

These are a few sights to see and things to buy in the neihborhood.

The Thirty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from April 25 to April 27, 2016.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

The Thirty-Fifth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from April 25 to April 27, 2016.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

Visit www.matfar.co.uk for more

 

Needed some help to identify this sea urchin found around lantern point area in Comino.

 

From some expert indication this is Stylocidaris affinis

 

Since from the features below it seems more probable and it is found in the Med in not so shallow waters....

 

Diagnostic characters: Opening in test for anus (periproct) within a group of plates (apical system) on aboral surface at terminus of ambulacral and interambulacral plates; ambulacral plates with tube feet continuing over peristome (opening in test for mouth) in series of plates between mouth and edge of peristome; test height less than half width, not flexible; interambulacral plates with only one large primary spine, primary spine rough, not smooth; all interambulacral sutures naked; small flattened spines around the base of the primary spines (scrobicular spines) white with reddish-brown midline stripe.

 

Habitat: Algal sand bottoms from 50 to 200 m.

 

Range: Known from Atlantic off Maryland and Bermuda; Bahamas through Gulf of Mexico to Flower Gardens off Texas; Greater and Lesser Antilles to Venezuela and Colombia; Mediterranean Sea, Canary Islands, Cape Verde Islands.

Year indication of the erection of an apartment building. It was executed in a conventional neo-Classical architecture style which one can find all over German-speaking mid Europe.

The image is pressed into a cement layer, surrounded by a cartouche with plant motifs.

 

About the history of the use of year stones in architecture:

English: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_plate

Dutch: nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muuranker

And: nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaartallen_op_gebouwen

 

Döbeln (former DDR), near Schillerstrasse, Aug. 10, 2014.

 

© 2014 Sander Toonen Amsterdam/Halfweg | All Rights Reserved

Time for another visit as indications were that the, 'Mud Pad', seen in a video here-

www.flickr.com/photos/vinc2020/51254001715/

and sills, here-

www.flickr.com/photos/vinc2020/51252734541/

in warm and windy weather on 15th June this year, had now turned into what is to become its intended use, a 'Spoil Reception Area', for waste materials from the HS2 excavations work, away south. We get the 'muck', they get the money, is a bit how it feels. Was a bit late today to grab shots of the just departed Freightliner service, 4L85 with 66546, from here to Felixstowe North(FLT) which left the Yard just 20 minutes before I arrived and, as can be seen, I only just made it for the inbound GBRf. Coming slowly down-grade out of the last remnant of the old Tinsley Yard sidings in the left background, is GBRf class 66, 66726, aptly named 'Sheffield Wednesday' for this area, on the 4E53, Felixstowe North(GBRf) to Tinsley Yard(GBRf) working with yet another long load of containers. The concrete pouring has now finished and there are personnel about adding finishing touches to the area, the lamp standards alongside the fence are also now installed and, irritatingly, get in the way of side-on shots, though in this picture, the 7th in the line, on the far right, its post passing across the middle of the loco, has been cloned out! The lamp base can still be seen right at the end of the fence to the left of the seated 'green-jacket'. So there! The Yard looks a lot tidier than it did when this operation was attempted at the end of 2019 and the layout looks now to be almost complete and in a very workable state, serious stuff, so I guess the YArd now has its new function for the foreseeable future...

Silverton:

 

The first indication of silver–lead mineralisation in the Barrier Rangers came in late 1875 with the discovery of galena by Julius Charles Nickel and Dan McLean while they were well sinking on Thackaringa Station, near the South Australian - New South Wales border.

 

In 1879 John Stokie established a store at Umberumberka, 19 km north of Thackaringa. He continued prospecting and discovered silver–lead veins nearby, which he pegged with Edward Pegler in November 1881. A 100 ton parcel of ore was shipped to England for a 40% profit. The following October the Umberumberka Silver Lead Mining Company Ltd was floated with nominal capital of £20 000. Umberumberka was the second area of silver–lead mineralisation discovered in the Barrier Ranges and the new company was the first to be publicly floated. The town of Silverton soon developed close to the mine and became the main settlement of the growing silver field.

 

Silverton was surveyed in 1883, by which time Australia had a population of 2, 250, 194. By September that year, the population of Silverton was 250, and by December 1883 it had doubled. That year the Day Dream Mine opened and attracted an additional population of 400 - 500 people. In 1884 1,222 mineral leases, 937 business permits and 114 miners' rights were issued. That same year 6,000 tonnes of ore were extracted and the town acquired its own newspaper, the Silver Age.

 

By 1885 - 1886 the town's population had reached 3,000. Silverton was proclaimed a township in 1885 and a municipality the following year. In 1885 a short-lived smelter was established at Day Dream Mine, operating for only a year. In 1892 the Umberumberka Mine closed, followed by the Day Dream Mine. The Pioneer Mine at Thackaringa closed in 1897. By 1901, after miners had moved to the richer fields at Broken Hill, the town went into decline and only 286 people remained. Today the town has a population of around 50 people, most of whom work in tourism.

 

The Silverton Tramway Company:

 

The Silverton Tramway Company, a rare private railway of 50klms in length, was incorporated in New South Wales October 14, 1886 and the line was completed and opened for traffic on January 12, 1888. One of only two privately owned railways in the state, the tramway was originally founded to transport ore from local mines in the Broken Hill and Silverton region into South Australia. The company soon branched out, not only carrying ore from the mines but freighted other goods and offered a passenger service which accounted for a third of their business.

 

The company serviced travellers on long trips heading interstate to Semaphore (Adelaide) to the Largs Bay Holiday Camp and excursions for local community groups often conveying passengers to Silverton and McCulloch Park (at Stephens Creek) for the day and returning to Broken Hill in the afternoon. When traveling to South Australia the train would travel from Broken Hill, through Silverton and then to Burns which is on the New South Wales side of the border of Cockburn (a town divided by the NSW/SA border).

 

In 1927 the New South Wales government completed the railway from Sydney to Broken Hill, thus joining the Silverton Tramway and completing the link from Sydney to Adelaide. It played a strategic role in the trans-Australia network until 1970, when it was surpassed by the New South Wales Government Railways (Indian-Pacific). From 1888-1970 it was critical to the economic functioning of Broken Hill, by providing the key transport of ore to the Port Pirie smelters. It played a significant role in the politics and recreation of Broken Hill, and a crucial role at times of water shortage in Broken Hill.

 

Today, Silverton resides in the Unincorporated Area of New South Wales (NSW) and so does not feature a City Council. It is run by the Silverton Village Committee, who to this day hold their quarterly meetings in the Silverton Municipal Chambers.

 

Source: Silverton NSW (www.aussietowns.com.au/town/silverton-nsw), New South Wales Heritage Register & Discover Broken Hill (discoverbrokenhill.com.au/silverton-nsw/historic-building...), "The pathway to Broken Hill: Early discoveries in the Barrier Ranges, New South Wales, Australia" by Kenneth George McQueen, and 'Aplin, Graeme; S.G. Foster; Michael McKernan, eds. (1987). Australians: Events and Places. Broadway, New South Wales, Australia: Fairfax, Syme & Weldon Associates. p. 97'

A good indication it is really Spring, I saw a lot of buds and a few flowers on a sunny bank along highway 14. Pretty soon they will again carpet the hillsides in the Eastern Colombia River Gorge.

Photo of the “IP Key Role for the Post Pandemic Recovery: Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications” exhibition and cultural event, co-organized by WIPO and the Government of Mexico.

 

Held on the sidelines of the Assemblies of the Member States of WIPO, the event included a traditional musical performance, and an exhibition showcasing Mexico’s appellations of origin and geographical indications.

 

The Assemblies of WIPO Member States took place in Geneva, Switzerland, from July 14-22, 2022.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

The Embassy of Italy promotes Geographical Indications and Denominations of Protected Origin on the American market (Washington DC - December 16, 2019).

PRESSRELEASEPRESSRELEASEPRESSRELEASEPRESSRELEASEPRESSRELEASEPRESSRELEASE

25/10/09

 

An indication of just how sensitive the government is to any public

scrutiny or question of current native forestry policy was evidenced by

the reaction of Forest NSW yesterday to the 350 gathering in the picnic

area of FNSW Regional office.

 

Far south coast people joined thousands of groups world when they took

part in the 350.org International Day of Climate Action. People from

Eurobodalla and Bega Valley shires met up at the Forests NSW regional

headquarters in Batemans Bay, and the woodchipmill at Eden, to highlight

the huge greenhouse gas emissions generated by native forest logging.

 

The gathering was part of an international day of action organized by the

grassroots campaign 350.org to urge world leaders to support a clear

solution to the climate crisis: reducing the level of carbon dioxide in

the atmosphere to at least 350 parts per million. Millions of people

across the globe joined the most widespread day of environmental action in

history, attending over 4,000 simultaneous events in more than 187

countries.

 

Campaigners gathered at FNSW to highlight the fact that deforestation is

the biggest cause of climate change and has a ready solution in the

transition to plantation.

The campaigners called on the government to immediately moratoria on

logging in all native forest areas until legislation is provided to

protect these community assets.

 

"The forests are being logged at an unsustainable rate," Mr Tony Whan,

spokesperson for South East Forest Rescue said. "The accumulated

degradation of the RFAs must be called into account."

 

Moruya resident, Lisa Stone said that the number 350 stands for 350 parts

per million - the limit on the concentration of carbon dioxide in the

atmosphere many believe is needed to avoid climate havoc.

“Our leaders must act urgently if we are to achieve that, and this action

must include an end to native forest woodchipping,” she said.

 

"Forests NSW office became a global message board when people formed the

number 350 from woodchips to send a climate change message to world

leaders," Bega Valley Greens Councillor, Keith Hughes, said.

"An end to the intensive logging of native forests is the easiest and most

effective way to start the transition to a sustainable climate future."

Councillor Hughes said that logging to supply the Eden chipmill releases

more CO2 into the atmosphere than a large coal fired power station. "The

development proposal must be rejected if we are the seriously tackle

climate change," he said.

 

The event was compelled to finish before 3:50pm due to the arrival of a

State Forest officer who ordered the people to remove their banner and

leave the 'forest'. He told them to 'hurry up' as they packed, gave them

five minutes to leave the area and, when questioned as to what compartment

number the forest was, rang the police. This was only three minutes after

the order.

 

Police attended the event and left after speaking to the FNSW unit manager

and the campaigners who explained the legalities of 'day use area', the

Forestry Regulations concerning removal of people and 'Move-on' powers

which state people have the right to peaceful protest. The campaigners

cooperated by moving off the premises.

 

“The attitude displayed by forestry authorities on the day – in calling

the police, demonstrates that leadership from our governments is sadly

lacking,” Ms. Stone said.

 

There were no arrests.

 

cheers

SEFR

The Thirty-Fourth Session of WIPO's Standing Committee on the Law of Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications (SCT) took place in Geneva, Switzerland from November 16 to November 18, 2015.

 

Copyright: WIPO. Photo: Emmanuel Berrod. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO License.

Murat's "Friday 13th"-Party took place in a small village called Kaišiadorys. It was ... just a party - a good one!

 

If you are bored, just count all beer and wodka bottles and the cigarette packets...

1 2 ••• 26 27 29 31 32 ••• 79 80