View allAll Photos Tagged eDification
An exo-skeleton left behind for our edification. Somewhere there's a naked bug who is a little bigger than this :)
Painel: o produtor como agente de mudanças no uso de biotecnologias com os debatedores André Franco, Luiz Carlos Federizzi no 26ª Seminário Cooplantio - O produtor como diferencial no Agronegócio, que acontece de 20 a 22 de junho, no hotel Serrano, em Gramado, Rio Grande do Sul. FOTO: Jefferson Bernardes/Preview.com
Rossauer Barracks
9th district
The Rossauer Barracks should be together with Franz Joseph's Barracks and the arsenal part of a planned fortress triangle, which should provide protection against internal unrest. On 1 August 1864, ground was broken for the construction of the barracks in the Rossau. Full six years took the edification, and 5 July 1870 the entire area was handed over and the first troops moved. The Barracks underwent several alterations and changes of use over time. During World War II falling bombs destroyed the Danube side infantry officer tract completely, but then it was mostly true to the original rebuilt.
The Rossauer barracks is built in the style of late romantic historicism and recalls the medieval fortress architecture with towers, battlements, attachments and eaves. The equipment of the barracks was already inadequate and doubtful designed in the early days when it came to spatial proportions and sanitation. It was sometimes the story that the architect committed suicide because he had forgotten to install toilets. The barracks offered after their completion accommodation for 2,900 men and 390 horses. Next to it 99 officers flats of different sizes, 43 apartments for married officers, a chapel and office spaces were housed. The building has huge proportions. The length is 269m and width of 136m. In the barracks there are three large courtyards. Due to the proximity to the water, when building a very strong foundation was needed, which is located on about 30,000 pilots. It is worthwhile to make the approximately 850m long walk around the building.
www.planet-vienna.com/spots/Rossauerkaserne/rossauerkaser...
U-Penn Quadrangle Stairway BW - View to stairway leading to the UPenn Perelman Quadrangle at the historic University of Pennsylvania in West Philadelphia, PA.
The University of Pennsylvania is a private Ivy League research university in Philadelphia. The University claims a founding date of 1740 and is one of the nine colonial colleges chartered prior to the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
This image is available in color as well as black and white.
To view additional images or photographs from this or any other of my collections please visit www.susancandelario.com
Thank You!
Image © Susan Candelario / SDC Photography, All Rights Reserved. The image is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without written permission.
If you would like to license this image for any purpose, please visit my site and contact me with any questions you may have. Please visit Susan Candelario artists website to purchase Prints Thank You.
Monterey, California (Feb 2, 2015) - Hannes Schauer Student Profile in Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. (Photo © Jessica Riehl)
July 11, 2023 - "Biester Palace is located in the heart of Sintra, being a part of the lavish scenic landscape which enabled the village to become the famous world capital of Romanticism.
Erected in the last decades of the 19th century, the building was designed by the firts portuguese architect José Luiz Monteiro, and decorated by the best artists of the period, namely Luigi Manini and Leandro de Souza Braga, amongst others. The wealth of stylistic influences it exhibits results in a whole of great historical and artistic importance, perfectly merging with the Romantic spirit of the surrounding landscape, whilst simultaneously asserting as a great expression of late century modernity, highlighted by a leading functional approach, and by the audacity of its decorative programme.
The Palace is surrounded by the majestic Biester Park, a true Eden of rare and exuberant arboreal species, brilliantly conceived by French landscapist François Nogré, in which the dewy verdant areas and watercourses flourish, moreover favoured by the existence of two magnificent viewpoints from where it is possible to sight the Moors Castle, or enjoy a stunning view all the way through to the sea.
But Biester universe is much more than the eyes can reach, with a history full of secrets, and a mysterious, captivating spiritual dimension. All the events conducting to its edification, especially of the Chapel and the Library, are enclosed in intricate and profound mysticism, where art and religion meet in most peculiar and unexpected ways, constructing a path with themes as intriguing as the Knights Templar, Rome and Christendom, or even through esoteric connections to the spheres of Occultism. More than an historical monument, Biester Palace is a mysterious adventure in a fascinating and little explored cultural labyrinth – let us discover it." Previous description: www.biester.pt/o-biester
In the days of film photography, each exposure cost something to record and then turning the negative into a print (or enlargement) was a separate cost. As a result, a casual photographer might arrive with 12 or 20 negatives on the film roll or film cassette. Enthusiasts might buy the larger rolls of 36 exposures. A few people might carry a spare roll or two in reserve, too. But most people only took a few memento photos. By contrast, digital photography makes negligible the cost of each shot and the number of pictures to record (in addition to video). But how did visitors interact with museums *before* the time of personal and portable cameras like the Kodak Brownie box camera of 1901?
Museum developments once involved the "cabinet of curiosities" model: come to peek at rare sights collected under one roof. A few visitors might have used sketchpads to make a visual memento of their visit, capturing the outlines of something that attracted their eye or stirred their imagination. Others might buy a penny postcard that shows one of the major displays or the special exhibition underway. But for most people eager for novelty during a time of much routine and repetition, a few hours peering into the glass cases was a change of pace and might produce a few memories and unexpected learning. After they went home, there was little that remained in their mind or heart or head. Thus, camera carrying, Internet equipped visitors today have a very different experience.
The modern philosophy for exhibiting diverse subjects in museums encourages putting the artifact or specimen into a wider frame of reference. Web-savvy viistors can look up additional information online. They can share photos and videos by publishing them almost instantly. As such the visitor accustomed to framing subjects, capturing scenes, and communicating atmosphere will regard their role as hybrid: 1st person experience but at the same time a journalistic, documentary observer who records the bits that stand out for some reason.
Earlier generations were at the museum for personal edification and entertainment. Having a film camera allowed for a few mementos made with one's own hand and eye. But still the visitor experience was mostly visual and maybe social. Only with the digital medium and then with the online publishing outlet does the lens get in the way of the earlier visitor experience of edification and social memories with those accompanying. Today the photo snap-happy person is engaged in a sort of scavenger hunt, stalking and shooting the things of meaning according to one's own eye and preoccupations. Seeing the exhibits partly through a lens amplifies the senses, focuses the mind, and extends the duration of the place in one's mind long after the visit itself concludes.
Press L for lightbox (large) view; click the image or press Z for full image display.
Hover the mouse pointer over the image for pop-up remarks.
Rossauer Barracks
9th district
The Rossauer Barracks should be together with Franz Joseph's Barracks and the arsenal part of a planned fortress triangle, which should provide protection against internal unrest. On 1 August 1864, ground was broken for the construction of the barracks in the Rossau. Full six years took the edification, and 5 July 1870 the entire area was handed over and the first troops moved. The Barracks underwent several alterations and changes of use over time. During World War II falling bombs destroyed the Danube side infantry officer tract completely, but then it was mostly true to the original rebuilt.
The Rossauer barracks is built in the style of late romantic historicism and recalls the medieval fortress architecture with towers, battlements, attachments and eaves. The equipment of the barracks was already inadequate and doubtful designed in the early days when it came to spatial proportions and sanitation. It was sometimes the story that the architect committed suicide because he had forgotten to install toilets. The barracks offered after their completion accommodation for 2,900 men and 390 horses. Next to it 99 officers flats of different sizes, 43 apartments for married officers, a chapel and office spaces were housed. The building has huge proportions. The length is 269m and width of 136m. In the barracks there are three large courtyards. Due to the proximity to the water, when building a very strong foundation was needed, which is located on about 30,000 pilots. It is worthwhile to make the approximately 850m long walk around the building.
www.planet-vienna.com/spots/Rossauerkaserne/rossauerkaser...
Monterey, California (Feb 2, 2015) - A 3D Modeling class at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. (Photo © Kailey Fry), 2015)
The Guadeloupe Regional Council has built the MEMORIAL ACTe, a Caribbean Centre on the Expression and Memory of Slavery & the Slave Trade in Pointe à Pitre, in the former Darboussier factory.
Through knowledge, culture and creation, it is a means by which the local authorities can contribute towards healing wounds of a past which has greatly impacted the edification of not only the Guadeloupean society, but also the Caribbean and American societies.
Image © Susan Candelario / SDC Photography, All Rights Reserved. The image is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without written permission.
If you would like to license this image for any purpose, please visit my site and contact me with any questions you may have. Please visit Susan Candelario artists website to purchase Prints Thank You.
Metz, France - St Stephen's Cathedral
Saint-Étienne de Metz (French for "Saint-Stephen of Metz"), also known as Metz Cathedral, is a historic Roman Catholic cathedral in Metz, capital of Lorraine, France. Saint-Étienne de Metz is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metz and the seat of the Bishop of Metz, currently Pierre Raffin.The cathedral treasury exhibits the millennium rich collection of the Bishopric of Metz, including paraments and items used for the Eucharist.
Saint-Stephen of Metz has one of the highest naves in the world. The cathedral is nicknamed the Good Lord's Lantern (French: la Lanterne du Bon Dieu), displaying the largest expanse of stained glass in the world with 6,496 m2 (69,920 sq ft). Those stained glass windows include works by Gothic and Renaissance master glass makers Hermann von Münster, Theobald of Lixheim, and Valentin Bousch and romantic Charles-Laurent Maréchal, tachist Roger Bissière, cubist Jacques Villon, and modernist Marc Chagall.
Built between 1220 and 1552, it is the product of the unification of two distinct churches. With its 42 metre high vaults, it is one of the highest Gothic edifices in Europe. With its 6,500 m² of stained glass windows, the nickname “God’s lantern” is well merited. There are windows from the 13th to the 20th centuries by Hermann de Münster, Thiebault de Lixheim, Valentin Bousch, Jacques Villon and Marc Chagall. These masterpieces of the art of fire and light form a veritable encyclopaedia of the art of stained glass.
Architecture
Saint-Stephen Cathedral is a Rayonnant Gothic edifice built with the local yellow Jaumont limestone. Like in French Gothic architecture, the building is compact, with slight projection of the transepts and subsidiary chapels. However, it displays singular, distinctive characteristics in both its ground plan and architecture compared to most of the other cathedrals. Because of topography of Moselle valley in Metz, the common west-east axis of the ground plan could not be applied and the church is oriented north-northeast. Moreover, unlike the French and German Gothic cathedrals having three portals surmounted by a rose window and two large towers, Saint-Stephen of Metz has a single porch at its western facade. One enters laterally in the edifice by another portal placed at the south-western side of the narthex, declining the usual alignment of the entrance with the choir.
The nave is supported by flying buttresses and culminates at 41.41 metres (135.9 ft) high, making one of the highest naves in the world. The height of the nave is contrasted by the relatively low height of the aisles with 14.3 metres (47 ft) high, reinforcing the sensation of tallness of the nave. This feature permitted the architects to create large, tall expanses of stained glass. Through its history, Saint-Stephen Cathedral was subjected to architectural and ornamental modifications with successive additions of Neoclassical and Neogothic elements.
Construction history
The edification of Saint-Stephen of Metz took place on an Ancient site from the 5th century consecrated to Saint Stephen protomartyr. According to Gregory of Tours, the shrine of Saint Stephen was the sole structure spared during the sack of 451 by Attila's Huns. The construction of the Gothic cathedral began in 1220 within the walls of an Ottonian basilica dating from the 10th century. The integration into the cathedral's ground plan of a Gothic chapel from the 12th century at the western end resulted in the absence of a main western portal; the south-western porch of the cathedral being the entrance of the former chapel. The work was completed around 1520 and the new cathedral was consecrated on 11 April 1552.
In 1755, French architect Jacques-François Blondel was awarded by the Royal Academy of Architecture to built a Neoclassical portal at the West end of the cathedral. He disengaged the cathedral's facade by razing an adjacent cloister and three attached churches and achieved the westwork in 1764.
In 1877, the Saint-Stephen of Metz was heavily damaged after a conflagration due to fireworks. After this incident, it was decided the refurbishment of the cathedral and its adornments within a Neogothic style. The western facade was completely rebuilt between 1898 and 1903; the Blondel's portal was demolished and a new Neogothic portal was added.
Metz, France - St Stephen's Cathedral
Saint-Étienne de Metz (French for "Saint-Stephen of Metz"), also known as Metz Cathedral, is a historic Roman Catholic cathedral in Metz, capital of Lorraine, France. Saint-Étienne de Metz is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metz and the seat of the Bishop of Metz, currently Pierre Raffin.The cathedral treasury exhibits the millennium rich collection of the Bishopric of Metz, including paraments and items used for the Eucharist.
Saint-Stephen of Metz has one of the highest naves in the world. The cathedral is nicknamed the Good Lord's Lantern (French: la Lanterne du Bon Dieu), displaying the largest expanse of stained glass in the world with 6,496 m2 (69,920 sq ft). Those stained glass windows include works by Gothic and Renaissance master glass makers Hermann von Münster, Theobald of Lixheim, and Valentin Bousch and romantic Charles-Laurent Maréchal, tachist Roger Bissière, cubist Jacques Villon, and modernist Marc Chagall.
Built between 1220 and 1552, it is the product of the unification of two distinct churches. With its 42 metre high vaults, it is one of the highest Gothic edifices in Europe. With its 6,500 m² of stained glass windows, the nickname “God’s lantern” is well merited. There are windows from the 13th to the 20th centuries by Hermann de Münster, Thiebault de Lixheim, Valentin Bousch, Jacques Villon and Marc Chagall. These masterpieces of the art of fire and light form a veritable encyclopaedia of the art of stained glass.
Architecture
Saint-Stephen Cathedral is a Rayonnant Gothic edifice built with the local yellow Jaumont limestone. Like in French Gothic architecture, the building is compact, with slight projection of the transepts and subsidiary chapels. However, it displays singular, distinctive characteristics in both its ground plan and architecture compared to most of the other cathedrals. Because of topography of Moselle valley in Metz, the common west-east axis of the ground plan could not be applied and the church is oriented north-northeast. Moreover, unlike the French and German Gothic cathedrals having three portals surmounted by a rose window and two large towers, Saint-Stephen of Metz has a single porch at its western facade. One enters laterally in the edifice by another portal placed at the south-western side of the narthex, declining the usual alignment of the entrance with the choir.
The nave is supported by flying buttresses and culminates at 41.41 metres (135.9 ft) high, making one of the highest naves in the world. The height of the nave is contrasted by the relatively low height of the aisles with 14.3 metres (47 ft) high, reinforcing the sensation of tallness of the nave. This feature permitted the architects to create large, tall expanses of stained glass. Through its history, Saint-Stephen Cathedral was subjected to architectural and ornamental modifications with successive additions of Neoclassical and Neogothic elements.
Construction history
The edification of Saint-Stephen of Metz took place on an Ancient site from the 5th century consecrated to Saint Stephen protomartyr. According to Gregory of Tours, the shrine of Saint Stephen was the sole structure spared during the sack of 451 by Attila's Huns. The construction of the Gothic cathedral began in 1220 within the walls of an Ottonian basilica dating from the 10th century. The integration into the cathedral's ground plan of a Gothic chapel from the 12th century at the western end resulted in the absence of a main western portal; the south-western porch of the cathedral being the entrance of the former chapel. The work was completed around 1520 and the new cathedral was consecrated on 11 April 1552.
In 1755, French architect Jacques-François Blondel was awarded by the Royal Academy of Architecture to built a Neoclassical portal at the West end of the cathedral. He disengaged the cathedral's facade by razing an adjacent cloister and three attached churches and achieved the westwork in 1764.
In 1877, the Saint-Stephen of Metz was heavily damaged after a conflagration due to fireworks. After this incident, it was decided the refurbishment of the cathedral and its adornments within a Neogothic style. The western facade was completely rebuilt between 1898 and 1903; the Blondel's portal was demolished and a new Neogothic portal was added.
Tata Innovation Cornell Tech NY BW- View of the modern structure that houses recent Cornell Tech students as well as established companies developing leading-edge technologies and products, and academic teams conducting groundbreaking research.
This first-of-its-kind building is located at Roosevelt Island in Manhattan, New York City, NY.
Available in color as well as in black and white. To view additional photographs please visit susancandelario.com
Conference organizer Mr. Tughluk Abdurazak gave opening remark at the beginning of the conference.
Opening remarks at '2014 Interact with Uighur Scientist'
June 7, 2014
By Tughluk Abdurazak
Good morning and welcome to the 2014 Interact with Uighur Scientists Conference. On behalf of the organizers of this conference - the Uighur Tea Party and all the members of Uighur Community in Virginia and Maryland - I would like to warmly welcome world-renowned Uighur scientist Dr. Shoukhrat Mutellip, who made Uighurs known to the scientific world, who traveled a long distance to attend this historical event held in the capital of the United States. I would also like to extend my gratitude to all community members and especially to the Uighur youth who are here with us today. Thank you!
The history of Uighur overseas education began 25 years ago. Patriotic and hard-working Uighur youth from all parts of East Turkestan came to the United States and other well-developed western countries to pursue higher academic degrees. Many of them overcame numerous difficulties, studied very hard and achieved great successes in their areas of research. Today, we have invited some of the most successful individuals to present their research expertise and to share their personal stories for the edification and inspiration of today's Uighur youth. My sincere appreciation goes out to Dr. Erkin Sidick and Dr. Tashpolat Rozi from California, Dr. Reyhan Baktur from Utah, Dr. Rishat Abbas from Pennsylvania, and Dr. Gülnaz Abdukadir from Virginia for travelling here today for the purpose of sharing, interacting and connecting with our younger generation. And the most importantly, for supporting and promoting education and scientific pursuits in the Uighur community.
As we all know, in recent years, a large number of Uighur youth have traveled to the United States and other parts of the world. Some of them are studying hard in universities across the country, some of them are working in high-technoogy institutions and firms, and some of the are studying in high school or language schools in preparation of pursuit of higher academic degrees in the future. Living in a foreign land, far away from one's hometown and parents is not an easy thing. I strongly believe that guiding our youth and assisting them to accomplish their endeavors, goals and dreams should be our - the elder generation's - responsibility. Therefore, I have great hope and enthusiasm in the important purpose of this conference: to make a personal connection between older and younger generations of Uighurs. I also believe that this conference will inspire some of today's youth to become tomorrow's great scientists, such as Dr. Shoukhrat Mutellip!
In the 17th century, Galileo Galilei said: “You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him discover it in himself.” The purpose of our meeting here is not to try to pour knowledge into your heads; instead, our intention is to help you discover the innate talent already hidden inside you!
We received strong encouragement and support from Uighurs around world during the preparation of this event. I would like to take moment to acknowledge all financial and moral supporters of the 2014 Interact with Uighur Scientists Conference.
Finally, from the depths of my heart, I would like to express my fervent wish for the resounding success of this event!
Saint-Stephen Cathedral Metz, France, is a Rayonnant Gothic edifice built with the local yellow Jaumont limestone. Like in French Gothic architecture, the building is compact, with slight projection of the transepts and subsidiary chapels. However, it displays singular, distinctive characteristics in both its ground plan and architecture compared to most of the other cathedrals. Because of topography of Moselle valley in Metz, the common west-east axis of the ground plan could not be applied and the church is oriented north-northeast. Moreover, unlike the French and German Gothic cathedrals having three portals surmounted by a rose window and two large towers, Saint-Stephen of Metz has a single porch at its western facade. One enters laterally in the edifice by another portal placed at the south-western side of the narthex, declining the usual alignment of the entrance with the choir. The nave is supported by flying buttresses and culminates at 41.41 metres high, making one of the highest naves in the world. The height of the nave is contrasted by the relatively low height of the aisles with 14.3 metres high, reinforcing the sensation of tallness of the nave. This feature permitted the architects to create large, tall expanses of stained glass. Through its history, Saint-Stephen Cathedral was subjected to architectural and ornamental modifications with successive additions of Neoclassical and Neogothic elements.
The edification of Saint-Stephen of Metz took place on an Ancient site from the 5th century. The construction of the Gothic cathedral began in 1220 within the walls of an Ottonian basilica dating from the 10th century. The integration into the cathedral's ground plan of a Gothic chapel from the 12th century at the western end resulted in the absence of a main western portal; the south-western porch of the cathedral being the entrance of the former chapel. The work was completed around 1520 and the new cathedral was consecrated on 11 April 1552. In 1755, French architect Jacques-François Blondel was awarded by the Royal Academy of Architecture to built a Neoclassical portal at the West end of the cathedral. He disengaged the cathedral's facade by razing an adjacent cloister and three attached churches and achieved the westwork in 1764. In 1877, the Saint-Stephen of Metz was heavily damaged after a conflagration due to fireworks. After this incident, it was decided the refurbishment of the cathedral and its adornments within a Neogothic style. The western facade was completely rebuilt between 1898 and 1903; the Blondel's portal was demolished and a new Neogothic portal was added.
Metz, France - St Stephen's Cathedral
Saint-Étienne de Metz (French for "Saint-Stephen of Metz"), also known as Metz Cathedral, is a historic Roman Catholic cathedral in Metz, capital of Lorraine, France. Saint-Étienne de Metz is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metz and the seat of the Bishop of Metz, currently Pierre Raffin.The cathedral treasury exhibits the millennium rich collection of the Bishopric of Metz, including paraments and items used for the Eucharist.
Saint-Stephen of Metz has one of the highest naves in the world. The cathedral is nicknamed the Good Lord's Lantern (French: la Lanterne du Bon Dieu), displaying the largest expanse of stained glass in the world with 6,496 m2 (69,920 sq ft). Those stained glass windows include works by Gothic and Renaissance master glass makers Hermann von Münster, Theobald of Lixheim, and Valentin Bousch and romantic Charles-Laurent Maréchal, tachist Roger Bissière, cubist Jacques Villon, and modernist Marc Chagall.
Built between 1220 and 1552, it is the product of the unification of two distinct churches. With its 42 metre high vaults, it is one of the highest Gothic edifices in Europe. With its 6,500 m² of stained glass windows, the nickname “God’s lantern” is well merited. There are windows from the 13th to the 20th centuries by Hermann de Münster, Thiebault de Lixheim, Valentin Bousch, Jacques Villon and Marc Chagall. These masterpieces of the art of fire and light form a veritable encyclopaedia of the art of stained glass.
Architecture
Saint-Stephen Cathedral is a Rayonnant Gothic edifice built with the local yellow Jaumont limestone. Like in French Gothic architecture, the building is compact, with slight projection of the transepts and subsidiary chapels. However, it displays singular, distinctive characteristics in both its ground plan and architecture compared to most of the other cathedrals. Because of topography of Moselle valley in Metz, the common west-east axis of the ground plan could not be applied and the church is oriented north-northeast. Moreover, unlike the French and German Gothic cathedrals having three portals surmounted by a rose window and two large towers, Saint-Stephen of Metz has a single porch at its western facade. One enters laterally in the edifice by another portal placed at the south-western side of the narthex, declining the usual alignment of the entrance with the choir.
The nave is supported by flying buttresses and culminates at 41.41 metres (135.9 ft) high, making one of the highest naves in the world. The height of the nave is contrasted by the relatively low height of the aisles with 14.3 metres (47 ft) high, reinforcing the sensation of tallness of the nave. This feature permitted the architects to create large, tall expanses of stained glass. Through its history, Saint-Stephen Cathedral was subjected to architectural and ornamental modifications with successive additions of Neoclassical and Neogothic elements.
Construction history
The edification of Saint-Stephen of Metz took place on an Ancient site from the 5th century consecrated to Saint Stephen protomartyr. According to Gregory of Tours, the shrine of Saint Stephen was the sole structure spared during the sack of 451 by Attila's Huns. The construction of the Gothic cathedral began in 1220 within the walls of an Ottonian basilica dating from the 10th century. The integration into the cathedral's ground plan of a Gothic chapel from the 12th century at the western end resulted in the absence of a main western portal; the south-western porch of the cathedral being the entrance of the former chapel. The work was completed around 1520 and the new cathedral was consecrated on 11 April 1552.
In 1755, French architect Jacques-François Blondel was awarded by the Royal Academy of Architecture to built a Neoclassical portal at the West end of the cathedral. He disengaged the cathedral's facade by razing an adjacent cloister and three attached churches and achieved the westwork in 1764.
In 1877, the Saint-Stephen of Metz was heavily damaged after a conflagration due to fireworks. After this incident, it was decided the refurbishment of the cathedral and its adornments within a Neogothic style. The western facade was completely rebuilt between 1898 and 1903; the Blondel's portal was demolished and a new Neogothic portal was added.
Image © Susan Candelario / SDC Photography, All Rights Reserved. The image is protected by U.S. and International copyright laws, and is not to be downloaded or reproduced in any way without written permission.
If you would like to license this image for any purpose, please visit my site and contact me with any questions you may have. Please visit Susan Candelario artists website to purchase Prints Thank You.
This is one of the stone and stucco engravings that you can find at the different edifications in the ceremonial center of Tulum.
Tulum is located south from Playa del Carmen. What sets this specific archaeological zone apart from the other ones is its setting right next to the Caribbean Sea.
La cathédrale Saint-Gatien de Tours est l'église cathédrale catholique romaine, située à Tours, en Indre-et-Loire. Dédiée Saint-Gatien, elle est le siège du diocèse de Tours et la cathédrale métropolitaine de la province ecclésiastique de Tours.
Elle a été classée monument historique par liste de 1862.
La cathédrale Saint-Gatien a été construite entre 1170 et 1547. Lors de sa création, elle était située presque au débouché du pont franchissant la Loire, sur la route reliant Paris au sud-ouest de la France. Elle fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 18621.
La première cathédrale Saint-Maurice a été édifiée par Lidoire, évêque de Tours de 337 à 371 et prédécesseur de Martin. Incendiée en 561, elle est restaurée par Grégoire de Tours et dédicacée en 590. Du fait de son emplacement, à l'angle sud-ouest du castrum, et de son orientation à l'est, l'accès se faisait, sinon au travers de l'enceinte tardo-antique, du moins en baïonnette depuis la voie traversant la cité ; une telle configuration est rare2. La cathédrale de Tours est reconstruite au cours du deuxième quart du xiie siècle et est incendiée en 1166 lors des luttes entre Louis VII de France et Henri II d'Angleterre, comte d'Anjou. On ne connaît pas le plan de cet édifice.
La nef et le chœur :
La cathédrale actuelle remplace cet édifice roman. La première campagne a concerné le croisillon sud et les tours, dès 1170. Le chœur est reconstruit de 1236 à 1279 par Étienne de Mortagne. C'est la nef qui a demandé le plus de temps pour son édification. L'architecte Simon du Mans reconstruit le transept et entame la nef, dont six travées, bas-côtés et chapelles sont édifiés au xive siècle — les deux premières travées correspondent à celles de l'ancienne cathédrale romane et remontent au xiie siècle. La nef n'est achevée qu'au xve siècle par les architectes Jean de Dammartin, Jean Papin et Jean Durand, grâce aux libéralités accordées par Charles VII et le duc de Bretagne Jean V. À l'occasion de l'édification du bâtiment actuel, la nef a donc été allongée vers l'ouest et les tours encadrant l'entrée sont élevées en dehors de l'ancienne cité, accentuant la particularité de l'édifice mentionnée supra ; l'enceinte tardo-antique est visible en coupe à l'arrière des tours depuis le nord. En 1356, la cathédrale reçoit le nouveau vocable de Gatien.
La façade a perdu les grandes statues des piédroits, détruites par les protestants au cours des guerres de Religion. Mais elle demeure une des plus extraordinaires créations du gothique flamboyant dans ce qu'il a de plus éxubérant, véritable dentelle de pierre sans guère d'équivalent, chef-d'œuvre décoratif de premier plan. Les tours sont élevées dans la première moitié du xvie siècle : la tour nord a été édifiée en 1507 par Pierre de Valence, et la tour sud entre 1534 et 1547 par Pierre Gadier.
------
La catedral San Gaciano de Tours, también llamada Catedral de Tours es la iglesia catedral de la diócesis de Tours y la catedral metropolitana de la provincia eclesiástica de Tours. Fue construida entre 1170 y 1547. Estaba situada durante su creación casi a la salida del puente que cruza el Loira, sobre la ruta que une París con el suroeste de Francia.
Historia:
La primera catedral de San Mauricio fue edificada por Lidoire, obispo de Tours del 337 al 371 y predecesor de Martín de Tours. Incendiada en el 561, fue restaurada por Gregorio de Tours y dedicada en el 590.
Su situación, en el ángulo suroeste del castrum, hace que la orientación al este haya hecho que el acceso se haga, sino a través de la muralla tardo-antigua, desde la vía que atraviesa la ciudad. Tal configuración es poco común. No se conoce el plano de este edificio.
------
Saint Gatien's Cathedral is the Roman Catholic cathedral church of the Tours diocese and the metropolitan cathedral of the Tours ecclesiastic province, in Indre-et-Loire, France. Saint-Gatien's Cathedral was built between 1170 and 1547. At the time construction began, it was located at the south end of the bridge over the Loire, on the road from Paris to the south-west of France. It has been a classified Monument historique since 1862.
The first cathedral of Saint-Maurice was built by Lidoire, bishop of Tours from 337 to 371 (preceding St Martin). Burnt in 561, it was restored by Gregory of Tours and rededicated in 590. Its location, at the south-west angle of the castrum, as well as its eastern orientation, resulted in the original access being through the late-Roman surrounding wall (such a configuration is quite rare).
The cathedral was then rebuilt during the second quarter of the 12th century and again burnt in 1166 during the conflict between Louis VII of France and Henry II of England (also count of Anjou, the neighboring region).
The present cathedral replaces the 13th century Romanesque building. The first phase concerned the south transept and the towers, as early as 1170. The chancel was rebuilt from 1236 to 1279 by Étienne de Mortagne but the nave took much longer to build. The architect Simon du Mans rebuilt the transept and started the nave, including six spans, aisle and chapel, built during the 14th century — the first two spans correspond to those of the old Romanesque cathedral and date back to the 12th century. The nave was only finished during the 15th century by architects Jean de Dammartin, Jean Papin and Jean Durand, thanks to the generosity of Charles VII and the Duke of Brittany Jean V.
While building the present cathedral, the nave was then extended westward and the towers surrounding its entrance were erected during the first half of the 16th century, the first tower in 1507 by Pierre de Valence 87 m high, and the second tower during 1534 and 1547 by Pierre Gadier. Highlighting the special feature of the building, called supra, the towers were erected outside of the old city. The late-Roman surrounding wall is visible in cross section at the rear of the towers from the north.
In 1356, the cathedral received its new name of saint Gatien. Its construction having been particularly slow, it presents a complex pattern of French religious types of architecture from the 13th century to the 15th. For example, the tower buttresses are Romanesque, the ornamentation generally is pure Gothic, and the tops of the towers are Renaissance (beginning of the 16th century).
Painel: o produtor como agente de mudanças no uso de biotecnologias com os debatedores André Franco, Luiz Carlos Federizzi no 26ª Seminário Cooplantio - O produtor como diferencial no Agronegócio, que acontece de 20 a 22 de junho, no hotel Serrano, em Gramado, Rio Grande do Sul. FOTO: Jefferson Bernardes/Preview.com
2010 Vendor Call Flyer
designed, set and printed by Nicholas Kennedy at The Trip Print Press
April 26, 2010
Photo by Becky Johnson
blogged:
cityofcraft.blogspot.com/2010/04/more-ephemera-for-our-ed...
O engenheiro agrônomo foi homenageado por ter participado de todos os 26 seminários da Cooplantio.
FOTO: Jefferson Bernardes/Preview.com
Monterey, California (Feb 2, 2015) -Campus Buildings at Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. (Photo © Jessica Riehl), 2015)
The Guadeloupe Regional Council has built the MEMORIAL ACTe, a Caribbean Centre on the Expression and Memory of Slavery & the Slave Trade in Pointe à Pitre, in the former Darboussier factory.
Through knowledge, culture and creation, it is a means by which the local authorities can contribute towards healing wounds of a past which has greatly impacted the edification of not only the Guadeloupean society, but also the Caribbean and American societies.
The Warehouse Tower , adjacent to Torre San Michele , was BUILT In 1691 , for the Will of the Treasurer of Romagna Michelangelo Maffei , to secure stowage of salt produced in Saline .
BUILT in 1712 was the other side of the channel has the Warehouse Dock , intended stowage salt That HAD suffered a first cleaning and drying In Warehouse Tower , and the subsequent work of weighing and portioning in bags Destined for sale .
Salt Warehouse Torre
The salt flats, UNIFORMS in small batches , were Work individually and in craft Dai Salinari , which represented almost the totality of the population Cervese .
The need for conservation of the salt pushed The Directors Pontifical edification of the two large buildings along the Porto Canale of Cervia , used to precisely aim story : The Warehouse Tower , Long 80 meters and 26 meters wide , rectangular divided into bays six , could hold up to 130,000 tons of salt Bon Voyage .
The other building , place the other side of the Channel , and The Warehouse Dock ; Could hold up to 100,000 tons of salt Bon Voyage . The sale Yield From spring until mid September WAS Uploaded on features flat-bottomed boats called Burchielle and , through the harbor, WAS transported nia warehouses , where Could Be Preserved . For More Make easy work of storage, The Two Buildings Among them were connected with an iron bridge .
In 1959 , following the transformation of saline from small batches to large portions Work Worked handcrafted using methods Collection More technology , but also due to the decrease of the Application for sale , Warehouses They lost their ancient function and were slowly abandoned .
La cathédrale Saint-Gatien de Tours est l'église cathédrale catholique romaine, située à Tours, en Indre-et-Loire. Dédiée Saint-Gatien, elle est le siège du diocèse de Tours et la cathédrale métropolitaine de la province ecclésiastique de Tours.
Elle a été classée monument historique par liste de 1862.
La cathédrale Saint-Gatien a été construite entre 1170 et 1547. Lors de sa création, elle était située presque au débouché du pont franchissant la Loire, sur la route reliant Paris au sud-ouest de la France. Elle fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 18621.
La première cathédrale Saint-Maurice a été édifiée par Lidoire, évêque de Tours de 337 à 371 et prédécesseur de Martin. Incendiée en 561, elle est restaurée par Grégoire de Tours et dédicacée en 590. Du fait de son emplacement, à l'angle sud-ouest du castrum, et de son orientation à l'est, l'accès se faisait, sinon au travers de l'enceinte tardo-antique, du moins en baïonnette depuis la voie traversant la cité ; une telle configuration est rare2. La cathédrale de Tours est reconstruite au cours du deuxième quart du xiie siècle et est incendiée en 1166 lors des luttes entre Louis VII de France et Henri II d'Angleterre, comte d'Anjou. On ne connaît pas le plan de cet édifice.
La nef et le chœur :
La cathédrale actuelle remplace cet édifice roman. La première campagne a concerné le croisillon sud et les tours, dès 1170. Le chœur est reconstruit de 1236 à 1279 par Étienne de Mortagne. C'est la nef qui a demandé le plus de temps pour son édification. L'architecte Simon du Mans reconstruit le transept et entame la nef, dont six travées, bas-côtés et chapelles sont édifiés au xive siècle — les deux premières travées correspondent à celles de l'ancienne cathédrale romane et remontent au xiie siècle. La nef n'est achevée qu'au xve siècle par les architectes Jean de Dammartin, Jean Papin et Jean Durand, grâce aux libéralités accordées par Charles VII et le duc de Bretagne Jean V. À l'occasion de l'édification du bâtiment actuel, la nef a donc été allongée vers l'ouest et les tours encadrant l'entrée sont élevées en dehors de l'ancienne cité, accentuant la particularité de l'édifice mentionnée supra ; l'enceinte tardo-antique est visible en coupe à l'arrière des tours depuis le nord. En 1356, la cathédrale reçoit le nouveau vocable de Gatien.
La façade a perdu les grandes statues des piédroits, détruites par les protestants au cours des guerres de Religion. Mais elle demeure une des plus extraordinaires créations du gothique flamboyant dans ce qu'il a de plus éxubérant, véritable dentelle de pierre sans guère d'équivalent, chef-d'œuvre décoratif de premier plan. Les tours sont élevées dans la première moitié du xvie siècle : la tour nord a été édifiée en 1507 par Pierre de Valence, et la tour sud entre 1534 et 1547 par Pierre Gadier.
------
La catedral San Gaciano de Tours, también llamada Catedral de Tours es la iglesia catedral de la diócesis de Tours y la catedral metropolitana de la provincia eclesiástica de Tours. Fue construida entre 1170 y 1547. Estaba situada durante su creación casi a la salida del puente que cruza el Loira, sobre la ruta que une París con el suroeste de Francia.
Historia:
La primera catedral de San Mauricio fue edificada por Lidoire, obispo de Tours del 337 al 371 y predecesor de Martín de Tours. Incendiada en el 561, fue restaurada por Gregorio de Tours y dedicada en el 590.
Su situación, en el ángulo suroeste del castrum, hace que la orientación al este haya hecho que el acceso se haga, sino a través de la muralla tardo-antigua, desde la vía que atraviesa la ciudad. Tal configuración es poco común. No se conoce el plano de este edificio.
------
Saint Gatien's Cathedral is the Roman Catholic cathedral church of the Tours diocese and the metropolitan cathedral of the Tours ecclesiastic province, in Indre-et-Loire, France. Saint-Gatien's Cathedral was built between 1170 and 1547. At the time construction began, it was located at the south end of the bridge over the Loire, on the road from Paris to the south-west of France. It has been a classified Monument historique since 1862.
The first cathedral of Saint-Maurice was built by Lidoire, bishop of Tours from 337 to 371 (preceding St Martin). Burnt in 561, it was restored by Gregory of Tours and rededicated in 590. Its location, at the south-west angle of the castrum, as well as its eastern orientation, resulted in the original access being through the late-Roman surrounding wall (such a configuration is quite rare).
The cathedral was then rebuilt during the second quarter of the 12th century and again burnt in 1166 during the conflict between Louis VII of France and Henry II of England (also count of Anjou, the neighboring region).
The present cathedral replaces the 13th century Romanesque building. The first phase concerned the south transept and the towers, as early as 1170. The chancel was rebuilt from 1236 to 1279 by Étienne de Mortagne but the nave took much longer to build. The architect Simon du Mans rebuilt the transept and started the nave, including six spans, aisle and chapel, built during the 14th century — the first two spans correspond to those of the old Romanesque cathedral and date back to the 12th century. The nave was only finished during the 15th century by architects Jean de Dammartin, Jean Papin and Jean Durand, thanks to the generosity of Charles VII and the Duke of Brittany Jean V.
While building the present cathedral, the nave was then extended westward and the towers surrounding its entrance were erected during the first half of the 16th century, the first tower in 1507 by Pierre de Valence 87 m high, and the second tower during 1534 and 1547 by Pierre Gadier. Highlighting the special feature of the building, called supra, the towers were erected outside of the old city. The late-Roman surrounding wall is visible in cross section at the rear of the towers from the north.
In 1356, the cathedral received its new name of saint Gatien. Its construction having been particularly slow, it presents a complex pattern of French religious types of architecture from the 13th century to the 15th. For example, the tower buttresses are Romanesque, the ornamentation generally is pure Gothic, and the tops of the towers are Renaissance (beginning of the 16th century).
The Guadeloupe Regional Council has built the MEMORIAL ACTe, a Caribbean Centre on the Expression and Memory of Slavery & the Slave Trade in Pointe à Pitre, in the former Darboussier factory.
Through knowledge, culture and creation, it is a means by which the local authorities can contribute towards healing wounds of a past which has greatly impacted the edification of not only the Guadeloupean society, but also the Caribbean and American societies.