View allAll Photos Tagged complex
More than 100 exquisitely carved Hindu and Jain Temples make up this site, some dating back to 750 AD.
There are 161 steps to reach the main temples, and the last part is reached barefoot on white marble steps. The air temperature was 38°C, and i can only guess that the steps held a temperature of over 50°C. Talk about hot-footing it around these temples.
From the Anime Lovely Complex.
Characters: Ryoji Suzuki, Chiharu Tanaka, and Heikichi Nakao, Nobuko Ishihara - - Atsushi Ootani and Risa Koizumi.
Yapahuwa served as the capital of Sri Lanka in the latter part of the 13th century (1273–1284). Built on a huge, 90 meter high rock boulder in the style of the Sigiriya rock fortress, Yapahuwa was a palace and military stronghold against foreign invaders.
The palace and fortress were built by King Buvanekabahu I (1272–1284) in the year 1273. Many traces of ancient battle defences can still be seen, while an ornamental stairway, is its biggest showpiece. On top of the rock are the remains of a stupa, a Bodhi tree enclosure, and a rock shelter/cave used by Buddhist monks, indicating that earlier this site was used as a Buddhist monastery, like many boulders and hills in the area. There are several caves at the base of the rock. In one of them there is a shrine with Buddha images. One cave has a Brahmi script inscription. At the southern base of the rock there is a fortification with two moats and ramparts. In this enclosure there are the remains of a number of buildings including a Buddhist shrine. There is also a Buddhist temple called Yapawwa Rajamaha Vihara built during the Kandyan period.
The Tooth Relic was brought from Dambadeniya and kept in the Tooth Temple built for the purpose at the top of the third staircase. The relics were carried away from the temple here to South India by the Pandyas, and then recovered in 1288 by Parakkramabahu III (1287–1293), who temporarily placed them in safety at Polonnaruwa.
Yapahuwa was one of the ephemeral capitals of medieval Sri Lanka. The citadel of Yapahuwa lying midway between Anuradhapura and Kurunegala was built around a huge granite rock rising abruptly almost a hundred meters above the surrounding lowlands.
In 1272, King Bhuvenakabahu transferred the capital from Polonnaruwa to Yapahuwa in the face of Dravidian invasions from South India, bringing the Sacred Tooth Relic with him. Following the death of King Bhuvenakabahu in 1284, the Pandyans of South India invaded Sri Lanka once again, and succeeded in capturing Sacred Tooth Relic. Following its capture, Yapahuwa was largely abandoned and inhabited by Buddhist monks and religious ascetics.
VSL Travel & Tours International (Pvt) Ltd
VSL Travels & Tours Int'l (Pvt) Ltd is a registered Tour Operator (Reg No: PV 99322) in Sri Lanka. We specialize in Inbound and Outbound Tours,Money Exchange, Ticketing, and Ground Handling. The Inbound division organizes local sightseeing tours, adventurous tours, Eco and Agro-tourism; catering to a wide target audience. The Agency also caters to specialized incentive trips to all parts of Sri Lanka. VSL Travels & Tours Int'l (Pvt) Ltd Ltd has been in operation since 2014. Led by a team of dynamic individuals with vast experience in the tourism industry, the company has flourished to its present status.
Hotline : +94113028888
Email : info@vsl.travel
Website : www.vsl.travel
Intricate stone carvings on the cloister columns at Quwwat ul-Islam Mosque, Qutb complex, Delhi – Resembles Hindu Temple Pillars – Pillars taken from Hindu temples.
The Qutb complex refers to an array of monuments and buildings at Mehrauli in Delhi, India, the Qutub Minar standing out as the most famous. Qutb-ud-din Aybak, the first ruler of the Slave Dynasty, and his successor Iltutmish (aka Altmash) first constructed the complex in their new city, called the Qila-Rai-Pithora, near Prithivraj Chauhan's older city. Many subsequent rulers, including Iltutmish and Ala ud din Khilji as well as the British added to the complex.
In addition to the most famous monument in the complex, Qutub Minar, other important buildings and structures stand in the complex, including the Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque, the Ala-I-Darwaza, the Alai Minar, and the Iron Pillar. Twenty-seven previous Jain temples had been destroyed and their materials reused to construct the minar and other monuments of the complex. That resulted in the creation of a unique, Indo-Muslim architecture, blending the gods of Jainism and Hinduism with the symbols and architectural designs of Islam.
The Maria Wörth church complex consists of the parish and former collegiate church, the smaller winter church, a Romanesque cirque as well as the cemeteries and the three churchyard portals. It stands on a rocky peninsula on Lake Wörthersee , which was an island until 1770, when a connection was created between the church island and the mainland as a result of landfills and the lowering of the water level. The patronage of the parish church is the Assumption of Mary .
History
The town of “ Uweride ” came into the possession of the diocese of Freising between 875 and 883 . As part of the Innichen monastery 's Slavic mission , an original parish and a mission center for Carinthia were created here. A church, first mentioned in documents in 894, was built under Bishop Waldo of Freising . The relics of the church patrons Primus and Felicianus were transferred from Rome at an unknown date. Around 1146, Bishop Otto of Freising founded a collegiate foundation with a provost and five, later six, canon benefices. This could have been the reason for the construction of the new church, which was consecrated in 1155. In 1399 a serious fire damaged the church. After Maria Wörth was reduced to a sinecure , a benefice without official duties, Emperor Maximilian I handed the church over to the Order of the Knights of St. George in Millstatt in 1529 . In 1598 it was taken over by the Graz Jesuits . With the handover to the Jesuit order, the second oldest provost in Carinthia ceased to exist, as the Jesuits did not know of any such institutions. When Pope Clement XIV banned the Jesuit order in 1773, Maria Wörth became a secular parish, which in 1808 was placed under the patronage of the Benedictines of Saint Paul . An exterior restoration took place in 1973, and the late Gothic architectural polychromy was restored in 1991.
Building
The church building consists of a slender north tower, a high square nave with a hipped wooden shingle roof and a lower choir with a 5/8 end above a Romanesque crypt that was renovated in the 14th to 15th centuries . To the south there is a side choir and a sacristy . The slender tower with gables has two-part tracery windows and is crowned by a pointed helmet . The bells were cast by Georg Seiser in 1640.
The choir and the side walls of the nave are supported by multi-tiered buttresses . On the closed west wall there is a large Christopher fresco from 1658 and on the south wall there are remains of a Mount of Olives fresco restored in 1930 with the year 1521.
There is a round-arched Gothic portal on the north side of the nave. The church is entered through the south portal. This Romanesque arched portal with cube-shaped capitals and steep bases, created around 1150, is made of marble and has an open, covered porch. To the right of the portal there is a sacrificial niche with the relief figure of St. Primus, a stonemason's mark and the year 1540.
The two-aisled , two-bay hall nave is separated by strong round pillars of unequal width. In the western part of the nave, particularly the vault, was heavily modified in the 17th century. The two-bay main choir is raised by six steps by the crypt below. A Gothic ribbed star vault extends above the choir in a bent row with painted keystones, which rests on profiled circular services . The high two- and three-part tracery windows are equipped with window glass from 1893.
A ribbed net vault stretches over the southern side choir, and a four-diamond vault on the ground floor of the tower, which is used as a baptismal chapel. The window niche on the ground floor of the tower, which is arched with a delicate ribbed net, was originally intended to hold an altar or a statuette. The organ gallery is vaulted with basket and round arches and has a stone parapet in relief.
Below the main choir is the three-bay hall crypt with a ridged cross vault on marble pillars with a square floor plan or wall pilasters. On the walls of the crypt, the 15th-century frescoes are poorly preserved; the scrollwork patterns in the vault were added in the 17th century.
Setup
High altar
The blue and gold-framed high altar dates from 1658 and in the central niche contains a late Gothic statue of grace of an enthroned Mary and child, created around 1460, which is surrounded on the outside by the statues of the church patrons Primus and Felician. The top image depicts the coronation of Mary and is flanked by the statues of Saints Catherine and Barbara . The end of the altar is an IHS symbol between the Jesuit saints Ignatius and Francis Xavier .
Pulpit
A highlight of Baroque carving is the richly furnished pulpit from 1771. It was originally located on the north wall, where access was via a staircase with a parapet that wound around the pillar. Today the pulpit is on the north side of the choir and can be reached via the stairs to the choir. The reliefs on the pulpit parapet depict the twelve-year-old Jesus in the temple ( Lk 2:41-52 EU ), the ascension of Christ and the handing over of the keys to Peter . The four evangelists sit on ridges on the parapet . The oval relief on the back wall of the pulpit shows Christ as the Good Shepherd . Pope Paul III is written on the sound cover . , who sends out the kneeling Francis Xavier and Ignatius. Of the two putti floating behind it , one is holding an open book. The sound cover is crowned by an IHS symbol with a halo decorated with putti. On a cartouche on the sound cover are the words “MALLEUS CONTERENS PETRAM EST VERBUM MEUM JER 23 1761”. This quote from Jeremiah 23:29 translates as: “My word is like a hammer that breaks a rock.” A sculptural dove of the Holy Spirit is attached to the underside of the sound cover in a halo.
Further setup
A picture of Our Lady of Mercy in the style of Italian Trecento painting with a baroque frame hangs on the north wall of the choir. According to the inscription, it was donated by Provost Vorchtenau in 1469 and consecrated by Pope Paul II . At the northern choir service there is a statuette of a kneeling donor with a coat of arms from the beginning of the 16th century on a console. On the south wall of the choir hangs an oval picture of St. Joseph with a child in a rich baroque frame from the middle of the 18th century. The tabernacle originally comes from the Church of Saint Anna near Reifnitz and was restored in 1995.
In the southern side choir there is an eight-sided marble baptismal font from 1682, which was transferred from Millstatt. The angels on the wooden top represent symbols of transience . The death shield of Ulrich Peuscher von Leonstein, who died in 1530, and his wife Elisabeth Waldekh are attached to the shield wall.
On the west wall of the baptismal chapel hang two late Gothic panel paintings that originally come from a winged altar; the doctors of the church Hieronymus and Gregory are depicted on them. Among them is a votive image marked 1647, which was donated on the occasion of salvation from a rafting accident on the Drau . The cross altar, made around 1740, with a late Gothic crucifix is attached to the north wall. God the Father , the Holy Spirit and numerous putti float above the cross . Below the cross sits a Mother of God pierced by seven swords .
The very slender southern side altar from the middle of the 18th century contains a statue of the Sacred Heart by Konrad Campidell and the baroque carved figures of the church patrons. The figure of St. Andrew on the western rear wall of the church is a fragment of an altar from the middle of the 18th century. An early Baroque protective cloak Madonna stands on a popular carrying pole .
Winter Church
The winter or rosary church is located a little lower to the west of the parish church. It is probably the St. Mary's Church, consecrated in 1155 by Bishop Roman von Gurk . It got the name “Winter Church” because the anniversaries of the saints who were venerated in it fell in the winter.
The church building consists of a nave, a recessed rectangular choir with an eastern roof turret and a chapel room to the south. The small, originally flat-roofed choir square church was given a ridged cross vault at the beginning of the 16th century. The arched sacrificial niche to the right of the portal is marked 1524. Window openings and the chapel and sacristy additions also date from the Gothic period. A bell from the 14th century hangs in the roof turret with a baroque onion helmet.
The wall paintings in the choir square from the fourth quarter of the 12th century were uncovered in 1895 and restored in 1969. They show an enthroned Pantocrator in a mandorla and twelve apostles in turreted arcades with a wide palmette ornamental band and curtain base. During the course of the restoration, additional frescoes were uncovered on the north wall of the nave and on the northern wall of the triumphal arch. These frescoes, painted in the second quarter of the 14th century, are depictions of saints with an ornamental base strip and remains of an inscription, as well as a crucifix with a branch cross in the window reveal. The glass painting in the choir window with a Mary and child was made around 1420/1430, the pointed arched windows in 1898. A Roman period inscription fragment is attached to the church.
Setup
After the restoration in 1996, three altars from the 17th century were re-erected on the north side. They consist of similar columns or pilaster retables with split gable attachments and differently shaped and framed upper images. The statues of Saints Apollonia and Lucia are depicted on the first altar as well as Saint Agatha in the upper image , the Gothic sculpture of Saint Valentine on the second and the Holy Spirit dove in the upper image. At the third altar is the Gothic statue of St. Nicholas , the upper image shows the Madonna. In the south chapel there is an altar with a rich wall retable with fleshy acanthus tendrils on the side . The figure of St. Nepomuk stands on it and the Holy Spirit dove is shown again in the upper picture.
On the left side of the triumphal arch wall there is a statue of Our Lady from the first half of the 15th century, on the opposite side there is a late Gothic lamentation group created around 1500 . In the southern chapel there is an early Gothic vestment cupboard with fittings.
Karner
The late Romanesque Karner , consecrated in 1279 , stands east of the parish church and is dedicated to Saints Catherine, Elisabeth and Magdalena . The two-story round building is covered by a conical roof and has a Gothic portal from the 16th century with a wrought iron grille from 1742. The apse , which only protrudes slightly from the building , rests on a stepped console that tapers downwards. The vaulted basement is still used for burial, the upper floor is used as a funeral hall.
Church portals
A portal with a covered staircase marked with the year 1687 leads to the parish church. On the portal with its framed stone walls, a Madonna and child and the saints Primus and Felicianus are depicted in three painted niches. Two arched portals with shingled gable roofs and each with a niche in the gable wall lead to the winter church. On the western portal from 1702 a Madonna, a Holy Spirit dove and Saints Nicholas and Valentine are depicted. The eastern one shows a chronogram from 1705 alongside a Marian monogram and tendrils .
Vicarage
The rectory is located southwest below the church group. The building, built between 1856 and 1862, has an attic floor and a hipped roof and has a simple plaster structure with cornice bands, corner pilaster strips and window frames.
Designed as a complex of interconnected spaces that will reflect a distinct presence in Presint 3, the building is a contemporary interpretation of traditional Islamic architecture. The main feature is the Gateway or Gerbang with a public viewing deck on the top most level that allows for a breathtaking view of the city skyline that includes the Palace of Justice and the Grand Mosque. The gateway will also provide a vantage point during parades.
The main building comprises four simple volumes integrated within courtyards while along the Persiaran Perdana, the arcade will open up to incorporate a landscaped Qiblat Walk. In the Gallery flanking the Qiblat Walk, meeting rooms are suspended to give an impressive façade. A continuous suspended garden will crown the top of the gallery to provide natural views from the Dataran through to the waterfront to the west of the building.
The conference facilities and Auditorium are designed as a complex of low-rise medium sized buildings connected by pedestrian links with boutique retail spaces on the ground floor of each component. The façade on the Persiaran Perdana is a network of arcades with elegant intricate mesh screens of geometrical patterns providing protection from the sun.
學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓
学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼
Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2016.04.13)
You know you're old when instead of going to see Superjoint Ritual, you are buying Super Joint Complex.
Theatre and stadium
Theatre-stadium complex
Aizanoi's theatre-stadium are built adjacent to each other and this combined complex is said to be unique in the ancient world. Separating the two is the stage building. Construction began after 160 A.D. and was complete by the mid-third century. Inscriptions again attest to the benefaction of M. Apuleius Eurycles
Aizanoi Antique City.
UNESCO Tentative Lists
whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5724/
Description
The Aizanoi ancient city is located in the inner Western Anatolia Region, 48 km Southwest of the Kütahya Province, and within the boundaries of the Çavdarhisar district. Today, it is approximately at a 1000-1050 m altitude in the flat treeless plateau which is known as Örencik Plain. The City was located approximately 40 km Southwest of the Cotiaeum, 25 km Northeast of Cadi, 40 km Northwest of Appia, West of Alia and on the edge of the River Rhyndakos.
The city was re-discovered by the European travellers in 1824 and surveyed and identified between the years of 1830 and 1840. The scientific excavations within Aizanoi were launched in 1926 by D. Krencker and M.Schede on behalf of the German Archeological Institute and presently the excavations works are being carried out by the Pamukkale University.
Aizanoi was the capital of Aizanitis, who belonged to Phrigia. There was less information about Pre-Roman period for Aizanoi. It is said that the early settlement in the region dates back to the second millennium BC. During the excavations carried out around the Zeus Temple, settlement layers dated to the third millennium were unearthed. Aizanoi acquired importance in the political sense, during the conflict between the Bithyniaand PergamonKingdoms. During the Hellenistic Period, Aizanoi was alternated between the hegemonies of the Pergamon and Bithynia Kingdoms and then came under Roman control in 133 BC. Phrygia Epictetos which consists of Aizanoi, Nacoleia, Cotiation, Midaion, Doryleion, Cadoi minted their own coins after 133 BC. This case shows that Aizanoi was in metropolis statue in the first century BC. However, big monumental public buildings and urban infrastructure in the city were constructed during the early imperial period. During the Roman Period Aizanoi was not only one of the most important cities in the Phrgyia Region but also had an important status as a commercial road network. Through its production of cereals, wine and sheep's wool the city was to rise to prosperity during the period of the Roman Empire.Since the intensive architectural development activities were realized especially in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD., the local stone workshops gained importance during that period. Because of the religious and political power of Aizanoi, Rome provided an important relationship with the communities in the region. During the early Byzantine Period, the city was the seat of a bishopric and it had lost its importance after the 7th century. In medieval times the hill upon which the temple stands was transformed into a fortified citadel which subsequently served a group of the Çavdar Tatars as a fort of Seljuk dynasties, thus giving the community its present name, Çavdarhisar.
The visible remains of the city are mostly derived from the period of the Roman Empire. The city has significant remains such as the Zeus Temple, the Complex of Stadium-Theatre, Macellum, Portico Street, the bridges and dam, two necropolises, odeon, the Roman Baths
Justification of Outstanding Universal Value
Aizanoi is one of the most significant cities of the Roman Period with the Zeus Temple, the Complex of Stadium-Theatre and the Macellum.
The structure of the Temple which is one of the best preserved Zeus Temples in the world. The Temple of Zeus, situated upon a hill, was the city's main sanctuary.There is an area covered with vaults under the temple. The temple has an unusual feature in Anatolia with this plan. The temple is composed of pronoas, naos, opisthodomos and a vaulted room under the basement. The distance between the columns and the walls of the inner rooms is twice as much as the distance between the columns; that means the building is a pseudodipteros. Since the space surrounded by the columns in the temple is marble-covered, the Zeus Temple in Aizanoi is unique in the pseudodipteros plan. The other temples in this plan have a wooden roof cover. Covering the ancient inscriptions and ashlar masonry of the temple are simple representations of riders, combat scenes and horses. These engraved images depict episodes from the life of the Çavdar Tatars in the 13th century, who lived within the citadel walls surrounding the temple plateau. The magnificent Temple of Zeus contributed much to the city's prominence in antiquity and it is among the rarest ancient buildings in Anatolia which have survived till today by preserving its original form.
The Complex of Stadium-Theatre is located in the north part of the city and was one of the most intensive development activities in the city during the Roman Period. The stadium with a capacity of 13500 people and the theatre with the capacity of 20.000 people were constructed adjacently and as such it is unique in the ancient world.
One of the first stock exchange markets of the world was established in Aizanoi. The Macellum (Round Building) is dated to the midst of the 2nd century AD., probably serving as a food market. Inscriptions on the walls of this building show the prices of all goods sold in the markets of the Imperial that were controlled by an edict issued in 301 A.D. by the Roman Emperor Diocletianus in order to fight the inflation in that period. The inscriptions survived till today and can be read completely at present. It can be understood that Aizanoi was a cradle of trade with such as the most significant inscription.
Criterion (ii): The Macellum in Aizanoi dated to the midst of 2nd century AD is one of the first exchange stock markets in the world. Inscriptions on the Macellum showing the prices of all goods sold in the markets of the Imperial survived till today and can be read completely. These inscriptions have been used as a reference source for the other similar inscriptions unearthed during the excavations.
Criterion (iv): The Stadium with a capacity of 13500 people and the theatre with a capacity of 20.000 people were constructed adjacently and as such it is unique in the ancient world. The form of the complex erected in Aizanoi is not seen elsewhere in the ancient times.
The structure of the Temple is one of the best preserved Zeus Temples in the world. There is an area covered with vaults under the temple. The temple has an unusual feature in Anatolia with this plan. Since the space surrounded by the columns in the temple is marble-covered, the Zeus Temple in Aizanoi is unique in the pseudodipteros plan. The other temples in this plan have a wooden roof cover. The temple is among the rarest ancient buildings in Anatolia which have survived till today by preserving its original form.
Statements of authenticity and/or integrity
Aizanoi Ancient City was first registered as an archaeological site with the decision of the Superior Council of Immovable Antiquities and Monuments dated 20th December 1975 numbered 8854. By the decision of the related Conservation Council dated 1989 numbered 488, the borders of the 1st and 3rd degree archaeological site were determined. Afterwards, by the decision of the Conservation Council taken in 2011, the rural settlement area located within the first degree archeological site was registered as an urban archeological site.
The conservation plan prepared for the 3rd degree archeological site was approved by the related Conservation Council in 1993. Its revision was approved in 2000. Also, the conservation plan prepared for the 1st archeological site and the urban archeological site was approved by the related conservation council in 2011.
The scientific excavations within Aizanoi were launched in 1926 by D. Krencker and M. Schede on behalf of the German Archeological Institute and today the excavation works are being carried out by the Pamukkale University.
Comparison with other similar properties
When compared to the other Zeus Temples in the World, the Zeus Temple in Aizanoi is one of the best preserved. Since the space surrounded by the columns in the temple is marble-covered, the Zeus Temple in Aizanoi is unique in the pseudodipteros plan. The other temples in this plan have a wooden roof cover. The temple is among the rarest religious buildings in Anatolia which have survived till today by preserving its form.
The Complex of Stadium-Theatre which was constructed adjacently is unique in the ancient world. The Macellum in Aizanoi dated to the midst of 2nd century AD is one of the first exchange stock markets in the world. Inscriptions on the Macellum showing the prices of all goods sold in the markets of the Imperial are survived till today and can be read completely at present.
Penkalas Bridge
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Penkalas Bridge
Penkalas Bridge in 1992
Coordinates
39.200833°N 29.612222°E
Coordinates: 39.200833°N 29.612222°E
Crosses
Penkalas (Kocaçay)
Locale
Aezani, Turkey
Characteristics
Design
Arch bridge
Material
Stone
No. of spans
5
History
Construction end
2nd century AD
Penkalas Bridge
Location in Turkey
The Penkalas Bridge is a Roman bridge over the Penkalas (today Kocaçay), a small tributary of the Rhyndakos (Adırnas Çayı), in Aezani, Asia Minor (Çavdarhisar in present-day Turkey).
The 2nd-century AD structure was once one of four ancient bridges in Aezani and is assumed to have been the most important crossing-point due to its central location in the vicinity of the Zeus temple and the direct access it provided to the Roman road to Cotyaeum (Kütahya).[1] According to reports by European travellers, the ancient parapet remained in use as late as 1829, having been replaced today by an unsightly iron railing.[1]
Around 290 m upstream, another well-preserved, almost identical five-arched Roman bridge leads across the Penkalas.[
Nowoczesne Centrum Analityczno-Programowe dla Zaawansowanych Technologii Przyjaznych Środowisku w Lublinie
Zapraszam do współpracy!
Bathtub was previously refinished by a different company. Low odor stripper is applied and the paint is removed before the resurfacing process.
In the animal kingdom, inferiority complex is rampant esp in human, the highest animal, which, this trait, is a negative and very dangerous attitude/syndrome to one's self, by the way. Does this little one feel that way or the other way around? :)
Clear bioresin with epoxy objects, colored glass and pigments.
poured in multisession in unique silicone mold
ca 17 x 14 x 12 cm
學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓
学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼
Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2016.06.17)
**West Virginia Capitol Complex** - National Register of Historic Places Ref # 74002009, date listed 19741231
Along Kanawha Blvd.
Charleston, WV (Kanawha County)
Built in 1924-1925 under the supervision of architect Walter F. Martens, the West Virginia Executive Mansion is of red Harvard colonial brick laid in Flemish bond with black headers. The Georgian Colonial building is fronted by a central, two-story portico with a bracketed pediment supported by four free standing and two engaged fluted Corinthian columns. The capitals of these columns are ornate with acanthus leaves, and this lends an impressive grace and dignity.to the front of the mansion. The arched entranceway, painted white to complement the brickwork as is all trim, frames a delicate fanlight above the door. (1)
References (1) NRHP Nomination Form npgallery.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/NRHP/Text/74002009.pdf
That the ganesh temple was actually in the middle of these peoples house/courtyard. The children were many. Maybe 23 or so, all smiling, and wearing brightly coored clothes studded with mirrors, (actually just the girls, but most were girls) They LOVED to play with us, and quickly dressed Julie up in the local garb. Eventually it was communicated that we don't need anything but a floor to sleep on, and we were generously welcomed in. (though our american concept of what is generous is quite twisted, we are coming to realize)
Taken at the ICP in Chico. Around Paradise. Nite fire is a burning operation by Cal Fire on Concow Road
Designed by the internationally renowned firm of Rafael Viñoly Architects, this 275,000 square foot building will bring together both materials researchers and life scientists from the Materials Research Institute and the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences.
Armenian cognac factory Proshyan Brandy factory cognac,wine,vodka
"Proshyan brandy factory" LLC is a modern industrial complex equipped with
the high tecnological equipment. The direction of the factory places high
emphasis on development, preservation and increase of brandy manufacturing
traditions. Wine and brandy produced by ""Proshyan brandy factory" are known
both in Armenia and abroad.
The "Proshyan brandy factory" LLC was founded in 1887. Today the factory
occupies the territory of 35000 sq/m and has a large assortment of alcoholic
beverages: brandy, wine, vodka, sparkling wine, liqueur. Own vineyards, the
modern equipment, traditional technologirs and strict supervision over the quality
of production - due to these factors "Proshyan brandy factory"LLC succeeded in
earning recognition of its consumers.
The main products of the factory are the Armenian brandies of 3-30 years
maturity known all over the world, which are made of selected sorts of grape
grown in Ararat valley. Brandy made in the factory has a bouquet of delicate
aromas typical to Armenian brandies, special softness, velvetness and long-
lasting taste. Brandies in souvenir bottles enjoy spetial popularity. On the basis of
hand-made glass bottles are the traditions of craftsman and are known all over
the world.