View allAll Photos Tagged built

Old Ford pickup put out to pasture near Sheffield,IL. Have a great truck Thursday all!

Built in the early decades of the 20th century by masons and other craftsmen who had immigrated to Philadelphia, the cathedral was constructed using medival building techniques and designed to be a Gothic cathedral as built in the middle ages. Workshops were set up on site for the masons and other craftsmen.

Bryn Athyn Church is a congregation of the New Church.

life is built on a daily dose of spider web foundations

with boundless limitations

bounding about in an environment of wind and rain

held together with little use of a brain

no thought is needed no emotion depleted

just the touch of the Lords hand

and everything is repeated and repeated

until we either get it right

or end up in the blight

of His Judgement

so wake up and smell

there are no roses in hell

but we have a choice right now

ride the web to paradise

or be hanging on satans pair of dice

on the dash board to his paradise!

peace

Originally built as a 5 Sail Windmill in 1830, after storm damage it was restored in 1890 with 8 sails, a new cap and machinery from a windmill in Boston, Lincs. Heckington windmill is the last surviving 8 Sail Windmill in the UK.

Next door is the old engine house and sawing mill is the 8 Sail Brewery and taproom. The award winning 6 barrel brewery has been open since 2010. Malt for the beer is milled in the adjacent windmill.

Sources:

www.heckingtonwindmill.org.uk

www.8sailbrewery.co.uk

Built in 1933, this building was a rehabilitation center for our armed services for the next 40 years.

Hot Springs Rehabilitation Center (HSRC), run by Arkansas Rehabilitation Services, was the first combined general hospital for both U.S. Army and Navy patients in the nation. This joint services hospital was created ahead of the Navy Hospital Corp and over twenty years before the founding of the now-infamous Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Built in 1841, the R&C is acknowledged as Western Australia's oldest operating hotel.

Built partly on an old cemetery, the construction of the cathedral of Béziers began in the 8th century and ended in the 15th century.

During the Albigensian crusade, the City of Béziers was besieged, burned and the inhabitants were massacred.

The fire caused the entire destruction of the cathedral.

Its reconstruction began in the middle of the 13th century.

 

For the theme "challenge 075 - city" of the group "Challenge on Flickr"

This house was built in Popivka village of Zinkivskyi district of Poltavska Region in the second half of 19th Century. This is unique farmer’s dwelling of Poltavshchyna’s second half of 19th Century, with its five rooms, carved konyky on tips of its logs, “washed” linden walls.

This house was the property of Skorupa M.M., who inherited it from her mother. Since first building, the house has never been reconstructed or redesigned, except for the stove (inside the house).

A house from Popivka village of the second half of 19th Century represents a late, well-developed type of a house “in two parts”. There are five rooms therein: a solar, a room, a home, a storeroom and a mudroom. The mudroom has two walk-through doors – a direct path from the main façade of the garden.

This is a log-house made of linden. The walls outside are clayed on processed wood and whitewashed. Inside walls of all the premises have their structure open and “washed”. They washed the walls with water-alkaline solution (thick layer of stove ashes had to be filtered with warm water).

The house is supported by oak-tree piles.

The top longitudinal logs of the house are opened on sides with tips konyky, decorated with traditional carving. These konyky are constructively interconnected with transverse linden lumbers, which support rafters.

Logs of the house, pairs are rafters are fixed with oak-tree nails tyblia.

The house is covered with sheaves of rye straw on pairs. The pairs and rafters are made of linden; the lower logs of the houses are made of oak tree.

Perimeter walk of the house is high, outlined brightly. Small windows have one-leaf shutters in house, in solar they are outlined with red clay.

Floor of the house is made of well-packed clay; the storeroom’s floor is made of oak boards on lumbers. The ceiling is made of round sticks, laid on beams, clayed from the both sides.

The chimney is twiggen longitudinally and clayed from inside and outside.

In front of the entrance, there is an awning on two columns.

This is a linden “wooden” house. Its plan is the one of a well-developed “two halves” dwelling. Having divided the solar, the owner received one more space – a “room”. The log walls outside are clayed and whitewashed. Internal walls in all the premises are “washed”. The lower logs of walls are made of oak. The roof is covered with sheaves of straw.

Area - 69.49 square meters (11.96 х 5.81)

 

Хата з с.Попівка, Зіньківського р-ну, Полтавської обл.

 

Хату було побудовано в с. Попівка Зіньківського р-ну Полтавської області у другій половині ХІХ ст. Унікальне селянське житло Полтавщини другої половини ХІХ століття, п’ятидільна, з різьбленими «кониками» на причілках, з «митими» липовими стінами.

Належало житло Скорупі М. М., яка одержала його у спадок від матері.

Від часу побудови хата не зазнала серйозних конструктивно – планувальних переробок, за винятком печі (у хаті).

Хата з села Попівка другої половини ХІХ ст. – пізній місцевий розвинений тип хати - «хата на дві половини». В ній п’ять приміщень: світлиця, кімната, хатина, комора, сіни. Сіни мають двоє наскрізних дверей – безпосередній прохід з боку головного фасаду в сад (чи город).

Хата рублена. Вінці зрубу з липи. Зруб ззовні обмащений по клинцьованій деревині, побілений. Всередині стіни всіх приміщень мають відкритий зруб і «миті». Мили стіни водним розчином лугу (проціджували теплою водою шар пічної золи).

Хата поставлена на дубові стояни.

Верхні подовжні вінці зрубу виходять на причілки «кониками», які оздоблені самобутнім різьбленням. «Коники» конструктивно зв’язані між собою поперечними липовими брусками, на них покладено причілкові крокви.

Вінці зрубу, лати і крокви між собою кріпляться дубовими тиблями.

Хата вшита парками з житньої соломи по латах. Крокви і лати з липи. Нижні вінця зрубу хати – дубові.

Призьба хати висока з яскравою підводкою. Малі вікна мають одностулкові віконниці з боку хатини, а з боку світлиці обведені червоною глиною.

Долівка в хаті глиняна, трамбована і мазана; в коморі підлога дощата по лагах, дубова. Стеля із круглого хворосту, покладеного на слижні, знизу і зверху мазана глиною.

Бовдур плетений подовжньо лозою і обмазаний глиною з внутрішньої та зовнішньої сторін.

Перед входом до хати – піддашок на двох стовпчиках.

Хата липова, «мита». За своїм плануванням – це розвинений тип житла на дві половини. Переділивши світлицю, господар отримав ще одне приміщення – «кімнату». Зруб ззовні обмащений глиною і побілений. Всередині стіни всіх приміщень «миті». Нижні вінця зрубу – дубові. Покрівля солом′яна, парками.

Площа - 69.49 м2 (11.96 х 5.81)

Built between 1893 and 1903, the Winter Palace is where Mongolia’s eighth Living Buddha, and last king, Jebtzun Damba Hutagt VIII (often called the Bogd Khan), lived.

 

In the best tradition of all good Buddhists, the man had a passion for killing animals. Here there is a whole museum bristling with the stuffed remains of the exotic animals he slaughtered, not to mention the pelts of those who escaped the taxidermist's attention.

 

For reasons that are unclear, the palace was spared destruction by the Russians who turned it into a museum. The Russians levelled all his other palaces in the city.

The temple was built c. 440–430 BC.[2][3][4] The well-preserved peristasis of six by thirteen columns stands on a crepidoma of four steps (measuring 39.42 m × 16.92 m (129.3 ft × 55.5 ft), and 8.93 m (29.3 ft) high) The cella measures 28.36 m × 9.4 m (93.0 ft × 30.8 ft ] The columns are 6 m (20 ft) high and carved with twenty flutes and harmonious entasis (tapering at the tops of the columns and swelling around the middles).

 

It is constructed, like the nearby Temple of Juno, on a solid base designed to overcome the unevenness of the rocky terrain. It has been conventionally named after Concordia, the Roman goddess of harmony, for the Roman-era Latin inscription found nearby, which is unconnected with it.

 

If still in use by the 4th-and 5th century, it would have been closed during the persecution of pagans in the late Roman Empire. The temple was converted into a Christian basilica in the 6th century dedicated to the apostles Peter and Paul by San Gregorio delle Rape, bishop of Agrigento and thus survived the destruction of pagan places of worship. The spaces between the columns were filled with walling, altering its Classical Greek form. The division between the cella, the main room where the cult statue would have stood in antiquity, and the opisthodomos, an adjoining room, was destroyed, and the walls of the cella were cut into a series of arches along the nave.mThe Christian refurbishments were removed during the restoration of 1785. According to another source, the Prince of Torremuzza transferred the altar elsewhere and began restoration of the classic building in 1788.

 

According to authors of a 2007 article, it is "apart from the Parthenon, the best preserved Doric temple in the world.

Downtown Houston’s Great Southwest Building rises into the overcast sky.

Built around 1770 it bears witness to the art of living that La Rochelle enjoyed when privileged links were established between its port and the colonies of the New World. This castle has been owned by the same family since the first stone was laid by Pierre-Etienne Harouard, Lieutenant of the Admiralty of La Rochelle.

Built around 1283 . Wales april 2024

1947 Dodge pick up truck Hood Ornament.

This is the First Congregational Church of Canterbury, which sits at the crossroads of Rt. 14 and Rt 169 in Connecticut. The original building was built in 1712. There have been four versions of the building. It is burned twice. The last time was in 1964 then it was rebuilt the next year. We were raised Catholic, but my sister’s former husband was not. This was his church. So my sister got married here. The little white building to the right (you can only see the roof) was the first school house in town—until 1947, I think. When I was growing up, it was our town library. Read many a Nancy Drew sitting at a little wooden table and chair in the building.

Built around 1880

 

Greenup County, KY

Built in the 15th century this castle juts out into the River Forth. Nicknamed the ship that never sailed as from the air it is the shape of a ship. It has also had a starring role in Outlander

built in 1982 in Norway

She was previously operated by Hurtigruten

Built in 1640 it replaced the Medieval St Mary's of the Lowes

Situated in wonderful countryside of the Scottish Borders

 

Built in 1927, The LeVeque Tower is a 47-story spired Art Deco-style building in Columbus, Ohio. It is 555 feet 6 inches (169.32 m) tall, and was meant to be built exactly one half-foot taller than the Washington Monument in Washington D.C..

Built in 1836 as a bath house it is now a Grade II Listed building.

Built after the style of the elaborate, winding "Long Gallery" of Beijing's Summer Palace.

Built in 1847 and first used as the Parliament of United Canada. Its design was influenced by Dublin's Customs House.

 

♥ Thank you very much for your visits, faves, and kind comments ♥

Ancient ruin somewhere near Cedar Creek, AZ. Inaccessible without ropes, this ruin may have been used to store grains. The entrance is well hidden from view on the canyon floor. I found it by accident while climbing around. Notice the chinking done with small flat stones.

Built in 1949. In August 1986, the 2500-A was donated to the Lake Superior Railroad Museum. It is used often to pull trains for the North Shore Scenic Railroad.

young red tailed hawk details. i take tons of pictures of these birds. i can't help it. they are always around and endlessly fascinating in their design and activities.

Built in 1966,the Grosvenor was Sheffield's first 5 star hotel,now it's making way for bigger and better things

Built in 1871 this water tower is the oldest surviving water tower in the Netherlands. In 1981 the water tower and outbuildings were recognized as a national monument.

Built in 1921. It can be yours for $115,000, which is certainly negotiable.

Built in 1981 as N4523N for Wistair International and seen here parked here at Lasham EGHL/QLA).

Built between 1908-1912, Fonthill was the home of Henry Chapman Mercer (1856-1930). Archaeologist, anthropologist, ceramist, scholar and antiquarian, Mercer built Fonthill both as his home and as a showplace for his collection of tiles and prints. The first of three Mercer buildings in Doylestown, Fonthill served as a showplace for Mercer’s famed Moravian tiles that were produced during the American Arts & Crafts Movement. Designed by Mercer, the building is an eclectic mix of Medieval, Gothic, and Byzantine architectural styles, and is significant as an early example of poured reinforced concrete.

Built in 1930 after the original 1830's building fell into disrepair.

The castle was built in the 12th century and only a few walls remain. It has a wonderful view over the valley below. Taken on a lovely sunny day last week - but with heavy showers but worth getting wet for! The view from the castle is quite wonderful. The river meanders slowly to the sea. At high tide the whole of the valley is flooded.

Elegant Hindu shrines built in 700 AD . It is considered the finest early example of medieval southern Indian temple architecture. Unlike most of its neighbours at the site, it is built of cut stones rather than carved out of caves. It has two shrines, one dedicated to Shiva and the other to Vishnu. Its style is characterized by a pyramidal kutina-type tower that consists of stepped stories topped by a cupola and finial, a form quite different from the northern Indian sikhara. The Mamallapuram monuments and temples, including the Shore Temple complex, were collectively designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. Marco Polo and the European merchants who came to Asia after him called the site Seven Pagodas. One of these is believed to be the Shore Temple. Temple complex in the category of structural temples goes to the King Rajasimha (700–728 AD), also known as Narasimhavarman II, of the Pallava Dynasty. It is now inferred that this temple complex was the last in a series of temples that seemed to exist in the submerged coastline; this is supported by the appearance of an outline of its sister temples off the coast during the Tsunami of 2004 which struck this coastline.

Built by OSV in 1979.

Located directly across from the Pottery Shop.

Built in 1926 - Great Dorset Steam Fair

HDR

Built in 1888, this historic bank building stands across from the US Treasury Building in Washington DC. Designed in the Queen Anne style,, the building features copper and brick design elements.

Built in 1879, Oriel Chambers is a Grade II listed building which, since 2006, has housed the Wilberforce Institute for the study of Slavery and Emancipation. It is located in the city of Kingston upon Hull.

Built in 1222 A.D. by Minister Anantathura, who also set up an inscription in stone. The temple rests on a high platform and faces east. The interior walls are decorated with mural painting.

Located in the route between New Bagan and Nyaungu, this temple is just a few meters away from a local village. The temple itself is different from the rest with a white exterior.

#2453

84

The Arrábida Monastery was built in the 16th century and consists of the Old Monastery (located on the uppermost part of the hillside), the New Monastery (halfway down), the Garden and the Bom Jesus Shrine, set in the property’s 25 hectares. In addition, there are the adjacent but separate quarters of the Duke of Aveiro and the houses where the pilgrims stayed.

The Old Monastery, which stands at the highest point of the Arrábida hills, consists of four chapels, the series of shrines on the mystery of Christ’s Passion and some cells hewn out of the rocks.

The monastery was founded in 1542 by Friar Martinho de Santa Maria, a Castilian Franciscan who was granted the land by D. João de Lencastre (1501-1571), the first Duke of Aveiro.

The Memória Shrine already existed where the Old Monastery now stands. This was a destination of major pilgrimages and also where the first four Arrábida monks (Martinho de Santa Maria, Diogo de Lisboa, Francisco Pedraita and St. Peter of Alcántara) lived for two years in cells cut into the rocks.

as masonry and flagstones, painted ceilings and gilded carved wood.

2 4 5 6 7 ••• 79 80