View allAll Photos Tagged OrientExpress

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

Venice Simplon Orient Express

Galerie Montmartre:

Original Vintage Posters

Fix-Masseau

Orient Express Dining 1981

 

Some of the abundant cats we observed. Old Istanbul, Turkey

Steaming by at high speed. The 35028 Clan Line steam engine hauling the VSOE British Pullman through Chiswick at 9:15am on Wednesday April 11 2012. A day trip from London Victoria to Bristol Temple Meads via Bath Spa. Click on photo within Flickr to enlarge.

Former Southern Railway Merchant Navy Class Bullied Pacific, 35028 "CLAN LINE" is seen approaching Salisbury for its water stop with 1Z82 the 09:13 London Victoria to Bath Spa 'British Pullman' charter. Wednesday 14th March 2007

 

IMG_0118

  

CALLUS-FERROCARRILES-TREN-RESTAURANTE-FOTOS-VIAJES-ERNEST DESCALS-

Sugerentes imagenes de los antiguos viajes en ferrocarril, ferrocarriles con vagon Restaurante que atravesaban continentes enteros con todas las comodidades que ofrecian la pasadas epocas envueltas en un halo de aventuras por paises exoticos.La Memoria de famosos trenes como el Orient Express.A menudo podemos encontrar lugares en las cercanias de donde vivimos y viajamos que nos lleven a la nostalgia romatica de estos extraordinarios viajes en el tiempo y en el espacio.Fotos del artista Pintor ERNEST DESCALS junto al EcoRail del Cardener en Callus, Comarca de El Bages, Barcelona, Catalunya, Cataluña, España.El Romanticismo a nuestro alcance para crear fotografias evocadoras de las sensaciones de puro Romanticismo viajero.

ROMANTIC IMAGES OF ANCIENT RAIL TRAVELS AS ORIENT EXPRESS.PHOTOS OF ARTIST PAINTER ERNEST DESCALS AT TRAIN STATION IN CALLUS, CATALONIA,SPAIN.

BAGGAGE CAR No11-80207

at Ipswich 13th October 2001 in the Orient Express

On my birthday in June 1999 the family enjoyed a day trip to France ending up in Boulogne. Sadly travel was not possible but the rejuvenated Orient express stock was in the harbour station and available for a photograph. Just look at the state of the track bed and cobble stonework. Looks like the Maritime branch is on its last legs.

Une semaine après la fermeture de l'Orient Express, j'apprenais par un des employés du feu cinéma, qu'un article sur notre soirée d'adieu avait été écrit dans Télérama (Télé quoi ? mais si, le magazine "bobo" & snob !).

 

Ni une, ni deux, j'ai lancé un appel aux âmes charitables, afin de me transmettre une copie de ce papier.

Visiblement, aucune personne dans mes connaissances et encore moins dans mon lectorat n'était en mesure de me fournir ce dont je demandais...

Bref... après moult recherches voici donc l'article :

 

On pourra retenir cette phrase qui ne fait que confirmer que son auteur (Mathilde Blottière) ne doit pas fréquenter souvent les salles de cinéma, où alors seulement celles des quartiers chics & hipster...

« Cette façon de porter le sac à dos un peu lâche sur l’épaule, un léger embonpoint dû au grignotage, un teint plus blanc que la moyenne » o.O

 

WTF ?!?!

« D’aucuns racontent avoir erré des nuits entières à sa recherche. D’autres prétendent qu’il s’agit d’un mirage de basse-fosse »

 

Et tout à coup, elle vous balance, tel un uppercut dans votre gueule :

« L’Orient Express, c’est le petit-frère déficient du mastodonte du dessus, l’UGC Ciné Cité »

 

« Miteux pour beaucoup, mythique pour certains. Enfoui comme un secret honteux »

 

Petit clin d’œil à mon event (pas peu fier ^^)

« La cérémonie doit se tenir en salle 7 »

Oui... la "cérémonie" d'adieu :D

La crémation, l'inhumation, la mise en bière quoi !

 

Télérama n°3342

Du 1er au 07 février 2014

Der Salonzug Prestige Continental Express.

 

Der Zug besteht aus drei Wagen dem "Salon Bleu", dem "Rubis Noir" und dem Pianobarwagen „Le Diamant Bar“.

 

Weitere Bilder / further pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/hrs51/sets/72157622776431103/with/8...

 

Rückfahrt des Extrazuges von München nach Zürich mit der Dispolok ER 20 von MRCE.

 

Prestige Continental Express. The Train consists of three coaches, the "Salon Bleu" the "Rubis Noir" and the piano bar coach „Le Diamant Bar“.

Orient express arriving in Amsterdam on its way to Venice: a special occasion (I heard ticket prices were 4000 euros!)

At Sirkecki Railway Station where the Orient Express ended its journey from Paris.

Venice Simplon Orient-Express

Logo/blason de la compagnie internationale des wagons-lits et des grands express européens.

 

(320R0433)

leuchtendes rosa und gelb - Rose "Orient Express" im November blühend, im Nieselregen

 

Orient Express, Orientexpress, Orient-Express Wheatcroft (GB).

1978 Teehybride, rosa stark duftend

 

Am 5. Juni 1883 fuhr der legendäre Orient-Express der Compagnie Internationale Des Wagons-Lits", der nicht zuletzt durch Agatha Christies verfilmten Kriminalroman „Mord im Orient-Express" (1974 für sechs Oscars nominiert) so populär wurde, das erste Mal vom Bahnhof Paris Est in Richtung Osten.

Es handelte sich um einen Hotelzug mit Salonwagen, Schlafwagen und Speisewagen und es war der erste transeuropäische Kontinentalexpress-Zug. Ab 1888 fuhr der Zug in einer damals sensationellen kurzen Zeit bis Konstantinopel, dem heutigen Istanbul.

Der Orient-Express wurde zum Inbegriff für Glanz und Glamour, Stil und Eleganz der oberen Zehntausend. Doch der schnellere Flugverkehr führte zum Abschied von einer Legende - am 19. Mai 1977 fuhr er zum letzten Mal. Der Name Orient Express wird für einige Nostalgiezüge genutzt, die mit alten, aber nicht unbedingt Original-Orient-Express Wagen touristische Fahrten unternehmen. Seit 2003 fährt der Pullman Orient Express nach einer kompletten Renovierung und Wiederherstellung nach alten Vorlagen wieder in seinem vollen Prunk in Tagesfahrten in Frankreich oder wird an Reisegruppen vermietet.

 

Buchtipps: Orient Express. König der Züge von Jürgen Franzke / Zu Gast im Orientexpress. Reisen und Speisen zwischen London und Konstantinopel von Berndt Schulz / Orient-Express. Glanzzeit, Niedergang und Wiedergeburt eines Luxuszuges von Werner Sölch

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

Since the movie is out I went back and dug out these photos of a trip we made from Venice to London. No murders on our trip.

Orient Express Boat Train from London to Southampton, to join the QE2.

Clan Line steam engine in the guise of Belgian Marine hauls the VSOE British Pullman Christmas Luncheon through Barnes on Saturday Dec 17 2011.

Galerie Montmartre:

Original Vintage Posters

Fix-Masseau

Orient Express Victoria Station 1981

 

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

Modern glass doors flanked by original wooden doors lead to the hotel lobby - Hotel Monasterio, Cusco

alla fine dell'inverno scorso

un momento di passaggio da ricordare

... niente di speciale.. apparte il fatto che.. mi manco molto con la mia macchina..

a girare per le strade del Salento e certi posti davanti al mare

LUCILLE No.243 Pullman Parlour First at Ipswich on 13th October 2001 in the Orient Express.Built by Metroplolitan C&W Co.in 1928.

che Clacson !

ci sono anche le cinture di sicurezza.. velocità sconsigliata.. massimo 130.. Troppo forte!

Xenia Hausner (Orientexpress), 2000. 50.000 - 100.000 Euros

 

(for further information please click on the link at the end of page!)

Palais Daun-Kinsky

If the Freyung once has been one of the most prestigious residential addresses in town, so for it was next to the Palais Harrach especially the Grand Palais Kinsky responsible. In its place in the middle ages were two parcels, each with a small building. The front part of the Freyung was since the 16th Century always in aristocratic in hands (Bernhard Menesis Freiherr von Schwarzeneck, Countess Furstenberg, Counts Lamberg). 1686 acquired Karl Ferdinand Count Waldstein the house of Count Lamberg. His son bought also the adjacent house in Rose Street (Rosengasse) and united both plots to one parcel. He had three granddaughters, who sold the site in 1709 to Wirich Philipp Laurenz Graf Daun. This came from an old Rhenish nobility. His ancestors were mostly working for the Elector of Trier as officers. In the battle of the Habsburgs against the Turks, Spanish and Frenchmen, he acquired great military merit. He brought it to the General Feldzeugmeister (quartermaster) and Viceroy of Naples. In 1713 he had the house at the Freyung demolished and by Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt built in its place until 1716 a palace, him serving as Vienna's city residence. Down may have been Antonio Beduzzi requested the creation of reconstruction plans, but was eventually Hildebrandt entrusted with the work. In 1719, the palace was largely completed. Daun lived there but rarely because he stayed a lot in Italy and in Austria preferred his country castles Ladendorf, Kirchstetten and Pellendorf. In 1746 acquired Johann Joseph Count von Khevenhüller the Palais from Leopold Joseph von Daun, the son of the owner, who happened to be in financial difficulty. The Reichsgraf (count of empire) was appointed in 1763 by the Empress Maria Theresa for his services to the Lord Steward and Lord Chamberlain, and raised to the hereditary imperial princes (princes of the Holy Roman Empire).

Door knocker

He sold the palace in 1764 to the Imperial Councilor President Ferdinand Bonaventura Harrach Count II. This worked as a diplomat, especially in Holland and Italy. At times of Maria Theresa, the building was inhabited by her Swiss Guards until they 1784 moved to their new quarters in Hofstallgebäude (court stable building). Ferdinand Bonaventura's daughter Rosa brought the palace in 1790 into her marriage to Josef Graf Kinsky. Whose family belonged to the Bohemian nobility. Its members appear at the beginning of the 13th Century documented. Wilhelm Freiherr von Kinsky was a colonel and friend of Wallenstein. He was murdered with this 1634 in Eger. His confiscated estates were divided among the assassins. Only two masteries (Chlumez and Bohemian Kamnitz ) remained through the timely change of front of his nephew, Johann Octavian with the family. The Kinsky but succeeded soon to rise again. They occupied again high positions in the administration and the military. 1798 the had modernized their Viennese palace by the architect Ernst Koch inside. Thus, the original Baroque interior was lost. As in 1809 the Frenchmen had occupied Vienna, a french Marshal and General were billeted in the palace. Prince Ferdinand Kinsky was a great patron of Beethoven, which he paid an annual salary of 4,000 florins for life along with two other nobles. In 1856, the Palace was refurbished in the interior by the architect Friedrich Stache. In the 19th Century lived the Princes Kinsky mostly on their Bohemian goods or in Prague. The building was therefore temporarily rented to some posh tenants. So lived here temporarily Field Marshal Radetzky and Archduke Albrecht. 1904 redecorated the French interior designer Armand Decour the piano nobile.

Staircase - second floor

With the end of World War II began a tough time for the Kinsky family. Almost all goods and industrial holdings, with the exception of the hunting lodge Rosenhof at Freistadt lay in Bohemia. By 1929, 50 % of the extensive Bohemian possessions were expropriated. There were still about 12,000 acres, a sugar factory and breweries. 1919 had to be a part of Vienna's Palais force-let. During World War II it was requisitioned by the German army. For fear of air raids the in the palace remaining objects of art were transferred to some Bohemian castles. The Palais Kinsky was not destroyed, its art treasures but remained in Bohemia. After the Second World War, the remaining Czech possessions were lost by nationalization for the family. In the Viennese palace were temporarily housed the embassies of China and Argentina. In 1986 it was sold by Franz Ulrich Prince Kinsky. After several short-term owners, the palace was acquired by the Karl Wlaschek private foundation in 1997. It was generously restored from 1998 to 2000 and adapted for offices and shops. The Grand Ballroom is often used because of its excellent acoustics as a concert hall. Since 1992, acclaimed art auctions are held at the Palais.

The Palais Kinsky is probably next to the Belvedere the most prominent secular work of the great Baroque architect and one of the best preserved baroque palaces in Vienna. Despite multiple changes of ownership and of numerous rearrangements inside the main components such as Baroque facade, vestibule, staircase, hall and gallery remained largely unchanged. The building extends between Freyung and Rosengasse. The property is only 30 meters wide, but three times longer. It was therefore not an easy task to build on it a representative palace with a grand staircase. Hildebrandt but has brilliantly overcome by putting up four floors at 24 m height, and yet preserving the proportions. He grouped the construction with two long side wings and a cross section around two consecutive large courtyards. The pomp and living rooms of the palace are mounted around the first courtyard, while the second contained carriage houses and stables. Here have yet been preserved the marble wall panels with the animal waterings made ​​of cast iron and enamel from the late 19th century. Hildebrandt integrated various parts of the previous building into the new building. The seven-axle face side at the Freyung is divided several times. Stability is procured by the rusticated ground floor with its inserted diamond blocks. On it sit the two residential floors. They are embraced by Corinthian Riesenpilaster (giant pilasters). The mezzanine floor above it features in comparison with the underlying main floor tiny windows.

Hercules

The large windows on the main floor are particularly detailed designed. While the outer pairs of windows possess pagoda-like over roofings, those of the three windows of the central projection are round-arched. The trophies and weapons depicted in the lintel fields refer to the military profession of the owner. Vertically is the extensive looking facade accented by the slightly protruding, tri-part central risalite, the pilasters are decorated much richer than that of the side projections. In the Fantasiekapitelle (fantasy capital) of the pilasters are diamond lattices incorporated, an important component of the coat of arms of the Counts Down. The with figures and trophies decorated attica is over the central part formed as balustrade. The sculptures are believed to originate from Joseph Kracker, representing the gods Minerva, Juno, Hercules, Neptune, Diana and Constantia. Very elegant looks the plastically protruding portal. Its composition goes back to Johann Lukas von Hildebrandt. It is considered one of the most beautiful Baroque portals of Vienna. The draft was submitted in 1713 and carried out until 1715. The richly decorated wooden gate dates from the period around 1856, when it was renewed. It is outside flanked by two, obliquely placed Doric columns that match the rusticated ground floor. Sloped to the inside carry two, on pillar stumps standing atlases (also from Kracker) the entablature with the overlying structured segment gable. On it sit the stone figures of Prudence and Justice. The middle window in between is much richer decorated than the rest of the window openings on the first floor. Instead of the usual trapezoidal over roofings here it is crowned by a cartouche held by two putti. The originally thereon located coat of arms of the owner was replaced after the change of ownership by that of the Kinsky family with three boar's teeth. Above the shield hangs an chain with the Order of the Golden Fleece. Both the gusset of the archway as well as the overlying triglyph frieze are decorated with trophies.

Banquet Hall

If someone passes the portal, so one gets into one, by strong pillars divided three-aisled gatehouse. The massive spatial impression is something mitigated by the large sculptures in the niches. They were created by Joseph Kracker. Among the somewhat restrained stucco decorations you can see the coat of arms of the owner, with its characteristic diamond motif. At this gate hall adjoins the widely embedded and more than twice as high vestibule with its domed ceiling. This transverse oval space is divided by pilasters and Doric columns. The rich stucco decoration of the ceiling provided with lunettes could come from Alberto Camesina or from his workshop. The here used motifs are again relating to the career of the client as a commander. For instance, in the lunette caps are reliefs of Roman soldiers. On the left side of the vestibule leads an anteroom to the grand staircase. It is dominated by a vault carrying Hercules, a work by Lorenzo Mattielli. As the monogram of Charles VI proves, with it the Emperor was meant to be worshiped. In two oval niches stand above the two double doors of the Treppenvorhauses (stairway hall way) busts of Caesar and Emperor Titus Flavius ​​Vespasian. The elongated stairway occupies almost the entire length of the left wing of the first courtyard. In the stairwell are eleven statues of Roman deities in stucco niches. The relatively narrow, crossed grand stairway is considered one of the most beautiful of Vienna. It overall design might go back to Antonio Beduzzi. On the second floor stand on the from winded perforated volute forms constructed stone balustrade four groups of playing or scrapping putti. They serve in part as a lantern holders, partly just as a decoration. The statue cycle in the staircase is a work of Lorenzo Mattielli, but the cherubs are believed to stem from Joseph Kracker. This type of decoration already points to the coming Rococo. A fresco by Carlo Innocenzo Carlone adorns the ceiling. The simulated architecture painted Antonio Beduzzi. The large wall mirror of the staircase were added after 1907 .

Staircase/ceiling fresco

The somewhat playful balustrade leads to the reception rooms on the second floor. The large oval ballroom above the entrance hall is oriented towards the courtyard. Its allegorical ceiling painting stems from Carlo Innocenzo Carlone. The other frescoes are of him and Marcantonio Chiarini. The walls are covered with marble. The room was several times, most recently in 1904 changed structurally. In front of the banquet hall is the former dining room. It is now called Yellow Salon. In 1879/80 was installed in it a choir stalls from the Pressburg Cathedral by Georg Raphael Donner ( 1736) and partly completed. The also acquired confessionals were converted into boxes that are in the antechamber of the second floor today. In the chapel, designed by Hildebrandt, was until 1741 as altarpiece Francesco Solimena's "Holy Family with the Infant John the Baptist". 1778 the sacred space, however, was already desecrated. The altarpiece is already since the 18th Century in Wiener Neustadt Neuklosterkirche (church in Lower Austria). In the cross-section between the first and the second courtyard lay the paneled gallery whose spatial effect in 1856 by an attached conservatory was changed something. Its vaulted ceiling is decorated with frescoes by Carlo Innocenzo Carlone. Marcantonio Chiarini created 1716/18 the quadrature paintings. At it followed a larger hall in which Francesco Solimena's oil painting "Phaeton and Apollo" was located. It can be admired today in the National Gallery in Prague. The hall was later used as a library. Part of the state rooms 1714 was equipped with ceiling paintings by Peter Strudel. In the course of a radical redesign of the building's interior Ernest Koch has cut off all stucco ceilings of the staterooms 1798-1800 and also redesigned the walls. Since 1879 Carl Gangolf Kayser tried to restore the original spatial impression by the of Rudolf von Weyr created new Neo-Baroque stucco ceilings. Only in a few areas (vestibule, staircase, ballroom), the original substance remained. In the palace there are numerous Mamorkamine (marble fireplaces) and stoves from the 18th and 19th Century. The star parquet floors and many original door fittings date from the third quarter of the 19th Century. The facades of the first courtyard are structured by Tuscan pilasters. The arcades on the ground floor have already been closed in 1753. The with a mascaron decorated wall fountain is a work of Rudolf von Weyr. The second courtyard is kept simple. Remarkable at it rear end is the cenotaph for the current owner Karl Wlaschek.

Location/Address: 1010 Vienna, Freyung 4

Activities: The courtyards are freely accessible, the staircase usually also. A look at the state rooms is only possible if these are not just rented.

www.burgen-austria.com/archive.php?id=804

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

A pair of Class 67s pass southbound through York hauling an Orient Express excursion train.

Sirkeci Station, Istanbul

"Secrets et confidences d'Orient" de Fatna Pham, mis en scène par Alain Tocque

La Vista Théâtre de la Méditerranée, Montpellier, du mercredi 22 au dimanche 26 mai : www.billetreduc.com/88341/evt.htm

Photos © Thierry Charles et compagnie Orient Expressions

1 2 ••• 33 34 36 38 39 ••• 79 80