View allAll Photos Tagged Built_Structure

LISBOA (Portugal): Campo Pequeno.

17/07 Burning sky over the city

 

Budapest, Hungary

Felicidad a las personas auténticas, a las que se atreven, a las que dicen que sienten, a las que viven el ahora, a las intensas, a las que vibran alto, a las que osan amar sin condición.

Felicidad porque de ellas depende la energía capaz de transformar el mundo.

#FelizAño🎄👽

view from sky bar of lebua et state tower hotel

Vista del Guadalquivir con la Torre del Oro y la Giralda al fondo.

 

Thank you to everybody that views, comments and for favouring my images. Always greatly appreciated.

This desirable one bedroom property is offered in the desirable location of Dinorwic Slate Quarry...It's a solidly built structure with a sound slate roof.

The structure has Cold and even Colder running water, especially if it's raining or snowing...as it tends to a little in Snowdonia.

The property has acres of scope for improvement with say, an added Conservatory or Observation Tower which could add thousands to it's reselling value.

Offers accepted in the region of £375.000 ono subject to contract.

Actually, it was used by miners to shelter in when blasting in the Quarry was being undertaken.

Stone stairs at the Kiyomizudera temple in Kyoto

 

Photo blog | Mobile blog | Instagram | Google+ | Facebook

Es un municipio al sudeste de Londres. Queda directamente al sur del río Támesis y la City de Londres, y forma parte del Londres interior.

 

11/02 As part of the 77th anniversary of WWII's last battle in Budapest the surviving tower of the Church of Mary Magdalene was used as a canvas for a special light show.

 

Budapest, Hungary

Conocida también como Iglesia de Nuestra Señora, este edificio sagrado construido en estilo gótico tardío tiene más de 700 años de historia, en los que ha sido escenario de muchas coronaciones y de dos bodas reales.

 

The Dorgan-Sublett ruins in Big Bend National Park, Texas.

The courtyard of the abandoned house.

Restos, ahora rehabilitados, de la parroquia de Fuentes de Carbonero. Despoblado desde 1962.

 

View from the courtyard of an old condominium building.

The elegant Midland Railway arches and canopy that define Hellifield Station help frame DB Shed no. 66156 as it slowly approaches with the 07.02 Mossend Yard - Clitheroe Castle Cement (4M00).

 

It was my first visit in 40 years and good to see this 1880 built structure in such fine fettle ...... even if the platform needed a bit of weeding! Sadly we'd already eaten, otherwise the "Fireman's Breakfast" on offer at the station cafe would surely have been taken up.

 

7th July 2017

The out-of-this-world Fashion Show shopping mall on the Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The castle is mentioned for the first time in a 1053 document as Castellum Ava. In the 12th century it was owned by the Castelbarco family, who ceded it to the Republic of Venice in 1411. The latter enlarged it and added a chapel dedicated to St. George, together with a façade showing the doge's coats of arms. In 1509 the castle was conquered by the troops of Maximilian I of Austria who, after painting his insignia on the façade, gave it to the counts of Arco. After several changes of property, in the 17th century the counts of Castelbarco bought it back.

 

Первые исторические источники, которые говорят о крепости, построенной на этом месте, как Castellum Ava, датируются 1053. В двенадцатом веке владельцы принадлежали к семейству Castelbarco, вассалы епископа Тренто, который в 1411 году, продал его Венециани. После смены владельца замок Кастелло ди Авио был расширен и украшен часовней в честь Сан-Микеле, а также фасадом с гербами их дожей. В 1509 году замок перешел в руки императорских войск Максимилиана I.который после того, как нарисовал свой собственный геральдический знак, заложил его графам Арко.

With its construction beginning in 1881, it was being built for prince Semyon Vorontsov based on the blueprints of a talented architect Etienne Bouchard. Bouchard had planned an original building in the style of French castles at the time of Louis XIII. The palace was even called a ‘Little Versailles.’ The construction was stopped, however, only a year in because of the prince’s death.

Construction resumed only in 1889, when the family of Russian emperor Alexander III purchased the building. Architect Maximilian Mesmaher maintained the size and general style of the building, but he substantially changed its look with new decorations; in effect, he transformed a knight’s castle into a wonderful palace.

In Soviet times, the castle was turned into a sanatorium called ‘Proletarian Health,’ used by those who were seriously ill with tuberculosis. In post-WWII years, it became officials’ summer residence: Stalin, Khrushchev, and Brezhnev all stayed here. Only in 1992, a museum dedicated to Alexander III was created on the first two floors. In its collection there are many unique items: chandeliers, a fireplace of brown marble, mahogany furniture, mirrors, and more.

 

Здание имеет весьма необычную архитектуру — внешне он напоминает и замок, и терем одновременно, при этом такое сочетание выглядит весьма гармоничным. Первый владелец участка в Верхней Массандре — князь М.С. Воронцов — планировал выстроить дворец, который стал бы воплощением стиля короля Людовика ХIII, и обязательно с двумя круглыми башнями. Проект был заказан французскому архитектору Этьену Бушару, однако, тому дворцу было не суждено существовать — всего через год после начала строительства Воронцов скончался, и работы были прекращены.

Спустя семь лет недостроенный особняк приобрел Александр III, нанятый им архитектор Месмахер не стал переделывать проект, он лишь внес корректировки, добавив балконы, скульптуры, террасы и разные декоративные элементы, отчего строгий замок обрел ореол романтики. Строительство было завершено в 1902 году и, хотя императорская семья больше любила Ливадийский дворец, Массандровское имение тоже не оставалось забытым.

После революции и до Великой Отечественной войны здесь располагался санаторий для больных туберкулезом, а в послевоенные годы тут проводило отпуска руководство страны. В 1992 году в Массандровском дворце открылся музей династии Романовых, и теперь его могут посетить все желающие.

Madonna shrine on an old building in the historic center of the Sicilian city of Agrigento, Italy.

Rustic old wall with portal window and sconces on a quiet medieval street in the historic center of old Catania, Italy.

view from sky bar of lebua et state tower hotel

Linno Gu or Bat Cave is home to hundreds of thousands of bats. At the time of sunset, they come in big groups to hunt in the night. The cloud of bats which floods across the Thanlwin river is quite unique and impressive. It is estimated that normally more than 100,000 bats leave the cave every night.

 

Prints and Downloads are available on my ► H O M E P A G E

After two years of pandemic and many photos of nature, landscapes, mountains, etc., it was a relief to once again get structures made of steel and glass in front of the lens.

 

The Circle at Zurich Airport is far from being able to compare with big cities. But for once it was not mountains made of stone, but man-made buildings.

 

What a relief! :-)

 

Thanks for your criticism and as always, favs, likes and comments are gratefully appreciated!

 

www.ps-photo.ch/

www.instagram.com/patrikseiler67/

Church of St. Elijah the Prophet is a masterpiece of Old Russian architecture and one of the most recognizable symbols of the city. The church was built in 1647-1650 by the rich brother merchants Vonifaty and Ioanniky Skripins. The uniqueness of the Church of St. Elijah the Prophet is the excellent preservation of the interior paintings, which are rightfully regarded to be masterpieces of Ancient Russian art. These are wall paintings of the 17th century made during 3 summer months of the year 1680 by a team of 15 painters led by famous masters of that time Gury Nikitin and Sila Savin. Inside the carved gold-plated iconostasis painted in 1696 catches the eye. The icons placed there are the unexceptionable masterpieces of Ancient Russian art; in particular icons of the lower level, most of which are believed to be painted by the outstanding icon-painter of the 17th century Fedor Zubov (holy image of St. Elijah the Prophet, Annunciation, Ascension, etc.).

 

Храм Ильи Пророка — шедевр древнерусской архитектуры и живописи и один из самых узнаваемых символов города — строился в 1647-1650 гг. богатыми купцами братьями Вонифатием и Иоанникием Скрипиными. Центральный храм окружен большим количеством разновеликих несимметричных объемов: приделы с севера и юга, колокольня, шатровый придел Положения Ризы (построенный специально для великой святыни, пожалованной Скрипиным в 1650 г. царем Алексеем Михайловичем и патриархом Иосифом — частицы Ризы Господней), галереи и два крыльца.

Уникальность Ильинского храма еще и в том, что здесь полностью сохранилось художественное убранство, принадлежащее по праву к вершинам древнерусского искусства. Главная его часть — удивляющие своей сохранностью подлинные росписи XVII века, сохранившие свежесть и яркость красок. Центральный храм был расписан за неполные три летних месяца 1680 г. артелью из 15 живописцев под руководством «изографов града Костромы» Гурия Никитина и Силы Савина. Темы росписей — евангельские события, деяния апостолов, житие и деяния пророка Ильи и его ученика пророка Елисея. Золоченый иконостас пышной резьбы появился здесь в 1696 году. Составляющие его иконы являются безусловными шедеврами древнерусского искусства, особенно иконы нижнего местного яруса, большая часть которых приписывается выдающемуся иконописцу XVII века Федору Зубову (храмовый образ Ильи Пророка, Благовещение, Вознесение и др.)

Tumbledown derelict house, Rosedale, UK.

New York City - June 30, 2023: Silhouette of couple in front of the Oculus at night in Lower Manhattan. The World Trade Center Oculus and Transportation Hub is located in downtown Manhattan. The Oculus was designed by Santiago Calatrava. The structure’s white metal-clad steel ribs reach up and out in a monumental move symbolic of a hand releasing a dove.

Segesta (Ancient Greek: Ἔγεστα Egesta;[1] Sicilian: Siggésta) was one of the major cities of the Elymian people, one of the three indigenous peoples of Sicily.

The castle of the princes of Solms-Hohensolms-Lich is a castle in the old town (lower town) of the city of Lich in Hesse, Germany. The building in its current form dates from the late Renaissance and Baroque periods; the extension with the tapestry hall was built in 1911/12. The castle is still the family seat of the princes of Solms-Hohensolms-Lich and is not open to the public.

The Inntel hotel in Zaandam, The Netherlands. Designed by Molenaar & Van Winden / WAM Architecten.

El conjunto urbanístico de Valverde de los Arroyos es probablemente el mayor exponente de los pueblos de la “Arquitectura Negra” que se distingue por el uso de mamposterías de piedra y cubiertas de pizarra

Porta Garibaldi, aka Porta Ferdinandea, makes for a grand entrance to the centro storico in the Sicilian city of Catania, Italy.

1 2 ••• 17 18 20 22 23 ••• 79 80