View allAll Photos Tagged factory
The factory was established in 1876 in McPherson Street, Casterton, which is still its present site, by Ben Jeffreys using bottling equipment shipped out from England. He operated it until 1903 when his two sons took over, adopting the trade name "Jeffrey Bros". In 1946 Mr Bill Young purchased a third share in the firm and held it until 1956 when he sold it back to the Jeffreys family.
Graeme Jeffreys, a grand-son of Ben Jeffreys, then joined the firm making this the third generation of Jeffreys to be associated with the business. He originated the sales name "Big J" and introduced a 30oz bottle using his grand-father's initials "B.J". The firm remained in the family until 1969 when it was purchased by Messrs. Phillips and Johnson, who up until the present time [1973] still trade under the name of Jeffreys Bros.
Jack Phillips and 'Kiwi' Johnson also purchased the Portland Aerated Water Company and 'Kiwi' moved to Portland to run the business whilst Jack Phillips remained in Casterton to run Jeffreys Bros. Jack was a former Casterton policeman.
Originally a 19th century brick factory along the Mohawk River, currently converted into living space. Halfmoon, NY.
Went on a delightful tour of the Taza chocolate factory in Somerville this afternoon - very informative with plenty of samples along the way.
Thank you in advance for your views, comments, and faves. They are much appreciated!
Built 1835–1837 Ludwik Geyer's classicist factory is one of the oldest in Poland. It currently hosts the Central Museum of Textiles and was declared the history monument in 2015.
The ducks don't know where all the water went and neither do I.
The Alaska Factory, Grange Road, Bermondsey, London SE1.
Alaska Factory was built in 1869 & owned by C. W. Martin & Sons Ltd. Its business was fur, above all sealskin fur, and eventually it employed around 10% of all the fur workers in the United Kingdom.
The Factory just about survived a fire & blitz damage & was in use for over a century, but is now flats.
LNER K1 Class 2-6-0 62005 passes the old Ladybird Books factory in Beeches Road, Loughborough during a Timeline Events photo charter on the Great Central Railway.
(Swedish: Nääs Fabriker) Transport corridors between the Northern Factory and the Middle Factory. A historic mill setting, the first spinning mill was built in 1833. The water is Tollered's stream which power was obtained from. During the textile crisis in the 1970s the mill had to shut down.
Since 1990 the property company Ernst Rosén has transformed Nääs Factories into an area with a hotel, conference centre, sauna facility, restaurants, offices, shops, a café and charging stations for electric cars. One of the restaurants with an outdoor seating can be seen to the left.
www.naasfabriker.se (website also in English)