View allAll Photos Tagged built

Aluminium bodied, custom-built camera for 127 format relying to large extent on the mechanics of a Foth Derby.

 

Used were the Foth Anastigmat f2.5/50mm lens and focussing helical, the strut and bellows system and the cloth focal plane shutter unit with speed settings of B, 1/25, 1/50, 1/75, 1/100, 1/200, and 1/500. The camera also utilises the notched pressure plate with the two red windows from a Foth Derby 2A/2.5.

 

The unit is hard to date. It clearly utilises components drawn from a Foth Derby 2A which was introduced in 1932 and which was replaced in 1935 by the Forth Derby 3 (which had two green and two red oval windows on the back).

 

Note the absence of a viewfinder, the presence of an accessory shoe (presumably to fit a removable rangefinder?), and the addition of a larger shutter adjustment knob shaped from the brass fitting of a Bausch & Lomb Optical Com. Rapid Rectilinear lens. The camera has a has a snap-on back lid and the unit is overall is VERY WELL machined.

 

It is unclear whether this camera is a prototype of some sort, or whether this is a highly skilled personal modification. The fact that pencil-writing on the inside of the fully removable back lid states "winding end" is not necessarily indicative that it was a British-made unit (although it was acquired from the UK).

 

© Dirk HR Spennemann 2012, All Rights Reserved.

Built for James Ackroyd, and acquired by the Rawson family in 1836.

 

Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings and corrugated asbestos roof 6 storeys plus attic. L-plan.

 

15 by 5 windows, with projecting 4 window wing to right.

 

Classical style. South front has to left a tall, segment headed, engine house window, with rusticated ashlar surround. To the right 9 windows on 3 floors, and above 11 windows on 3 further floors.

 

Projecting office and stair wing to right, with a large loading entrance with rusticated ashlar surround, flanked by single blocked windows, above 4 windows to each of the 5 floors. This wing is topped by a plain pediment with a circular clock face.

 

East front 5 windows, plus 2 windows. To the left 2 windows to each floor, to the right the 5 window gabled front has a central row of 7 loading doors, with 2 windows on eitherside, apart from the top floor in the gable which has single flanking windows.

 

North front has 7 windows eitherside of the central projecting, canted latrine tower.

 

Interior: has iron "fire proof' construction. 2 rows of circular iron columns support cast iron beams of parabolic web, parallel flange inverted "T" section design. These support shallow brick arches and stone flagged floors.

 

The roof has 14 cast iron, arched trusses. Each truss is made up of 4 sections bolted together, and they support cast iron purlins and cast iron common rafters which are racked to support original wooden laths.

 

The engine house occupies the full width of the mill, at the west end, with panelled reveal to the window and a decorative plaster ceiling. A large semi-circular recess once housed the large flywheel.

 

This building is listed because it is the oldest and largest surviving example of a multi-storey, steam-powered, iron-framed textile mill in the important textile centre of Halifax, it is probably also the best preserved example for its date in Yorkshire.

2024 © SoulRider.222 / Eric Rider

 

New Propane-Fueled Minotour® Buses in Production at Thomas Built Buses

First School Bus Manufacturer to Achieve Zero-Waste to-Landfill Now Offers Propane Autogas Option

 

High Point, N.C. – Thomas Built Buses expanded its alternative-powered product offerings with the addition of a new propane-fueled Minotour® bus. Thomas Built’s green vehicle lineup also includes the Saf-T-Liner® C2e Hybrid and HDX compressed natural gas (CNG) models. A propane-fueled offering of the innovative Thomas Built Saf-T-Liner C2 bus is in development and expected to be available in 2013.

 

“At Thomas Built, we want to produce a full line of buses that exceed current environmental standards. As the demand grows for sustainable transportation solutions, Thomas Built Buses is at the forefront of offering a robust line of alternative-powered vehicles including compressed natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid and propane technology,” said Kelley Platt, president and CEO of Thomas Built Buses. Thomas Built was the first and remains the only school bus manufacturer that is completely Zero-Waste-to-Landfill, building every bus with a high level of environmental standards.

 

The Thomas Built Minotour is a Type A bus, seating up to 30 passengers, making it an excellent choice for schools, childcare centers and churches. The propane option is available on the 159″ dual rear wheel (DRW) model with a GVWR of 14,200 lbs. Powered by a GM 6.0 liter liquid propane gas (LPG) engine with fully-integrated CleanFUEL USA liquid propane injection system, the 3-tank set-up has an estimated 315-mile range and a gas gallon equivalent of 35 gallons.

 

The propane-fueled Minotour is California Air Research Board-certified and exceeds EPA 2010 emissions requirements. Less expensive than a gallon of gasoline or diesel on a btu basis, propane is a green, clean-burning alternative fuel, with 20 percent less NOx and 12 percent less CO2 than gasoline. More than 90 percent of the propane used in the U.S. is domestically produced. Setting up propane fueling infrastructure is an easy and relatively low-cost proposition.

 

Thomas Built Buses has already delivered its first two propane-fueled Minotour buses to Student Transportation of America.

 

About Thomas Built Buses

 

Founded in 1916, Thomas Built Buses is a leading manufacturer of school buses in North America. Since the first Thomas Built bus rolled off the assembly line, the company has been committed to delivering the smartest and most innovative buses in North America. Learn more at www.ThomasBus.com or at www.facebook.com/thomasbuiltbuses.

 

Thomas Built Buses, Inc., headquartered in High Point, N.C., is a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America LLC , the largest heavy-duty truck manufacturer in North America and a leading manufacturer of class 4-8 vehicles. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets commercial vehicles under the Freightliner, Western Star and Thomas Built Buses nameplates. Daimler Trucks North America is a Daimler company.

BUILT-TO-LAST: If you are tired of buying compression sleeves that lost their elasticity after a couple of times using, then we have exactly what you need! Get our amazing knee sleeve now and save your peace of mind forever.

Built for the Wroxham based hire fleet of Porter & Haylett as Sunmist in the mid 1970s, Mayfair follows a standard layout for a Hampton 25 and is the only remaining hire cruiser in the fleet of Maycraft. She is seen on the River Yare between Hardley Cross and the Hardley wind pump.

Built myself a prototype helmet today for a movie we're looking to shoot next year. Built it from some plastic buckets, a $2 alien mask & some wire for whiskers. The final product will hopefully look 100 times better. But its a start :)

 

www.gorillapictures.co.nz

Built for the Bio-Cup 2024

 

Preliminary Round

 

Theme - Space

On Saturday April 30th i had a great time, i met a lot of cool people and had to opportunity to shoot some cars that i don't normally have the opportunity to shoot. The day started out at Griot’s Garage in Tacoma, WA for a meet put on by NW-Built, who has a reputation for not being make specific, and that everyone with a good attitude can come out for a good time. Saturday was no different and surprisingly the weather turned out be pretty nice with the regular rain shower here and there in the early after noon but cleared up and tuned into a nice day later on, perfect for taking photos.

 

After leaving the meet a small group of us rolled down to the tide flats in Tacoma for a StanceWars photo shoot. A few of the cars that were featured for the shoot was Mark Bello’s Scion tC, Vernon Lim’s RSX, Connor Surdi’s silver WRX, and Billy Gano’s black Miata. Check out the photos and dont forget to head over Andrew Cox Photography for prints of your favorites.

  

www.facebook.com/shuttergarage

Built by John Drayton between 1738 and 1742. This is an outstanding example of Palladian Architectures transplanted onto American soil. The two flanking outbuildings have long since been demolished but the foundation works still exist..

 

These were shot the spring after Hurricane Hugo slammed the South Carolina coast. Much of the old growth oaks were heavily damaged but the old house stood her ground.

 

South Facade

 

The small mound is part of a carriage court for the road entrance which was accessed via a long alley of oak trees to the main road.

 

shot on Fujichrome with a Pentax K-1000 and scanned with Nikon Coolscan V. Scan manipulated at original input.

 

Field expedition to investigate colonial gardens of Charleston as part of a course by Joanne Lombard. University of Miami undergraduate program. March 1990.

Built in the latter 1700s, Sri Kailasanathar Swamy Devasthanam and Sri Bala Selva Vinayaga Moorthy Kovil are located at Captain’s Garden, Maradana. The elaborately decorated gopurams reflect Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesh.

Built in 1919, it's on the National Register of Historic Places. Now, the state wants to take it down. Here's the story - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1WP9kbwUA

 

UPDATE - The tower was saved!

aureus of Augustus, depicting Victory driving a chariot pulled by 2 elephants on a triumphal arch atop a viaduct

This coin was issued to commemorate Augustus' work on roads; inscription reads QVOD VIAE MVN(itae) SVNT ("because roads have been built").

London, British Museum. Credits: www.vroma.org

Built by N L Walling of Broughton, Preston, now owned by LNS recovery of North Wales on standby for roadworks recovery M6 Garstang

Villa e Giardino Durazzo - The Villa, a typical Alessian square based construction, was built in 1678 as the summer home for the Durazzo family and was given up to the Centurione princes in 1821. In the XIX century the house underwent various changes and the garden was made more refined with fountains and neoclassical marble statues. In 1892, for the Columbian Celebrations, the villa was temporarily transformed into Grand Hotel. Many famous people stayed there, as the Prince of Wied and The Queen of Italy. In 1919 the property was bought by Alfredo Chierichetti, to whom the final work on the garden is owed, with the addition of exotic plants, cobbled paths, statues and flower boxes. His heirs in the end sold the complex to the Town Council of Santa Margherita, in 1973. The “Apartments of the Main Floor” are open all year round. The rooms, that are furnished with period furniture, contain a collection of paintings that includes works from the Genoese Pictorial school of the XVII and XVIII centuries, with artists such as Domenico Piola, Giovanni Andrea De Ferrari, Luciano Borzone, Giovanni Enrico Vaymer, Cornelis de Wael, Giovanni Battista Paggi. The Villa Durazzo area also owes its beauty to its century-old Gardens, which stretch out over about three hectares, overlooking the Gulf / Santa Margherita Ligure is a comune (municipality) in the Metropolitan City of Genoa in the Italian region Liguria, located about 22 miles southeast of Genoa, in the area traditionally known as Tigullio. It has a port, used for both tourism and fishing activities. Part of comune territory is included in the Regional Natural Park of Portofino. Santa Margherita Ligure borders the following municipalities: Camogli, Portofino, Rapallo. The presence of a Roman settlement has not been definitely proven. The burgh, known as Pescino, was devastated by Rothari in 641 and by the Saracens in the 10th century. Later it was a fief of the Fieschi family until 1229, when it was acquired by the Republic of Genoa. In 1432 it was attacked by the fleet of Venice and in 1549, together with Rapallo, by that of Turgut. In 1813, under the Napoleonic domination, the two burghs of Pescino and Corte were unified as Porto Napoleone. Two years later it was annexed to the Kingdom of Sardinia as the commune of Santa Margherita Ligure. In 1861 it became part of the newly unified Kingdom of Italy. Connected by rail in the 20th century, Santa Margherita became a renowned tourist resort after World War II.

Built between 1907 and 1914, this Beaux Arts-style Cathedral Basilica was designed by Emmanuel L. Masqueray for the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. The church replaced the previous Church of the Immaculate Conception, a Gothic Revival-style building located in the Warehouse District, which was condemned and demolished in 1921. The land for the cathedral was donated by wealthy industrialist Lawrence S. Donaldson in 1905, with groundbreaking in 1907, and the cornerstone being laid in 1908. The church was dedicated in 1913, and it opened for services in 1914, while at the time still being known as the Pro-Cathedral and being part of the Immaculate Conception Parish. The church was renamed the Procathedral of Saint Mary in 1921, and the interior decoration was completed in 1925. In 1926, the Cathedral was designated by Pope Pius XI as the first Minor Basilica in the United States, though the building was not formally consecrated until 1941. In 1975, the Basilica was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The church features a granite exterior with a darker Rockville granite base and lighter Vermont granite walls, standing 70 feet tall from the base to the roof of the nave. The front of the church features an entrance with a doric portico with arched openings, columns, a cornice with triglyphs and brackets, and decorative trim elements on top of the portico, below a large circular window flanked by two bell towers with arched openings, bracketed cornices, decorative parapets, and additional doorways at the base. The rear of the church features a square dome above a square tower, featuring nine stained glass windows, copper cladding, a lantern at the top, and a large space home to the cathedral’s altar below, with circular windows to the east and west, and an apse to the rear. Beneath the dome inside the church is a sanctuary with an ornate marble altar topped with a 50-foot-tall marble baldacchino, with an ornate ceiling, arched openings to the nave and apse, and decorative pilasters on the east and west walls. The nave features an ornate arched ceiling with intricate trim, large stained glass windows, arched openings to the low aisles on either side, and rows of wooden benches. During the unrest and riots following the killing of George Floyd by members of the Minneapolis Police Department in 2020, an attempt was made to set the cathedral on fire with accelerant being poured on several pews, which resulted in damage to the nave, however, the attempt was unsuccessful. Though the co-Cathedral of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, the church is also presently utilized as a music venue, with several musical ensembles performing within the building. The cathedral functions as an anchor for the northwest corner of the Loring Park section of Minneapolis.

Built by the Budd Company, 1968.

A troop of cavalry in single file crossing a fairly makeshift wooden bridge. The ruins of the iron and stonework of the original bridge can be seen in the water. Bridges were commonly destroyed in order to delay opposing troops. The Royal Engineers were responsible for providing temporary bridges as fast as possible.

 

The cavalry are riding with their full kit. Their rifles are hung on the right side of the horses, ready for action. Much of the rest of their kit is carried behind the saddle or slung from it, behind the rider's legs.

 

[Original reads: 'Cavalry passing over a temporary bridge built by our troops to replace the bridge destroyed by the Germans.']

 

digital.nls.uk/74549412

Built as the HQ of General Accident, it is now just one office of Aviva - but they are proud of the building and it shows.

 

Designed by James Parr & Partners, 1983-88, it won a RIBA Award on completion.

Built in 1915, the estate along the Rouge River included a hydro-electric powerhouse and dam, a greenhouse, a working farm built to scale for their grandchildren, an indoor pool, skating house, staff cottages, bowling alley, and a pony barn, as well as a private garage and laboratory for Henry. The vast gardens and landscape were designed by famed architect Jens Jensen.

Built by Carminati & Toselli, Milan, Italy, 1927

Refurbished by Ganaco Trolley Co. Ida Grove, Iowa

Now runs on Midwest Electric Railway, Mt. Pleasant, Iowa

built by wendy pattern 3835 dress A sleeves shirt c other parts :) I love it!

The Palace of Justice was built in the years 1890 to 1897 according to plans of the Munich architect Friedrich von Thiersch in neo-Baroque style. The building is located in downtown at Prielmayer street no. 7. The front side (south-eastern facade) faces the Karl square (Stachus) and the back side to the north Elise street where the being opposite Old Botanical Garden follows.

The building has a concentrically glass dome which is including the lantern 66 meter high. It was built on the ground where previously stood the built in the 1750s and -60er years Clemens Schlössl (small castle - belittlement) which housed since 1826 the cadet corps. 1862/63 was here a new building of the Ludwig-Maximilians University including Georgianum planned since the in 1840 inhabited Gärtner buildings in Ludwig street had already become too small. After the sudden death of King Maximilian II but these plans were not pursued.

The Palace of Justice has always been the office building of the Bavarian State Ministry of Justice, which occupies the upper floors. On the lower floors are situated most of the civil chambers of the Regional Court Munich I. With the completion of the Munich Criminal Justice Center at Nymphenburger street 16 in 1977, the Trial Chambers of the Landgericht München I were moved from the Palace of Justice to this address.

As the building, despite its size, soon became too small built Thiersch 1905 to the west next to the Palace of Justice the so-called New Courthouse in the forms of Nordic Gothic brick architecture with two clock towers, where today are situated the Bavarian Constitutional Court and the Higher Regional Court Munich.

In February 1943, took place the trials of the members of the resistance group White Rose before the People's Court in the Palace of Justice.

1962 was the Palace of Justice scene of a spectacular indication process against Vera Brühne.

In March 2014, took place the trial in the Palace of Justice against Uli Hoeness before the Landgericht München II. Although in Munich for all main hearings in criminal matters the building of the criminal justice center in Nymphenburger street is provided was the largest courtroom there (room 101), which is structurally adapted to a great media interest, however, occupied at this time with the NSU trial against Beate Zschäpe. Because of the expected onslaught of press and TV journalists it was decided, exceptionally, to conduct the trial against Hoeness in the Palace of Justice.

Memorials and exhibitions

Memory of the "White Rose"

In courtroom 253, a permanent exhibition recalls the trials of the members of the White Rose. Next to the front door a plaque made of perspex remembers the during the Nazi era disenfranchised and persecuted Jewish lawyers.

In the courtyard under the glass dome (atrium) take place irregular exhibitions on contemporary issues related to justice.

 

Der Justizpalast wurde in den Jahren 1890 bis 1897 nach Plänen des Münchner Architekten Friedrich von Thiersch im Stil des Neobarock errichtet. Das Gebäude befindet sich in der Innenstadt an der Prielmayerstraße Nr. 7. Die Schaufront (südöstliche Fassade) zeigt zum Karlsplatz (Stachus), und die Rückseite im Norden zur Elisenstraße, wo sich auf der gegenüberliegenden Straßenseite der Alte Botanische Garten anschließt.

Das Gebäude hat mittig eine einschließlich der Laterne 66 Meter hohe Glaskuppel. Es wurde auf dem Grund errichtet, auf dem zuvor das in den 1750er und -60er Jahren erbaute Clemensschlössl stand, welches seit 1826 das Kadettencorps beherbergte. 1862/63 war hier ein Neubau der Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität einschließlich Georgianum geplant, da die 1840 bezogenen Gärtner-Bauten in der Ludwigstraße bereits zu klein geworden waren. Nach dem überraschenden Tod König Maximilians II. wurden diese Pläne jedoch nicht weiterverfolgt.

Der Justizpalast ist seit jeher das Dienstgebäude des Bayerischen Staatsministeriums der Justiz, welches die oberen Etagen belegt. In den unteren Etagen befinden sich die meisten Zivilkammern des Landgerichts München I. Mit Fertigstellung des Münchner Strafjustizzentrums in der Nymphenburger Str. 16 im Jahre 1977 wurden die Strafkammern des Landgerichts München I vom Justizpalast dorthin verlegt.

Da das Gebäude trotz seiner Ausmaße bald zu klein geworden war, erbaute Thiersch 1905 westlich neben dem Justizpalast in den Formen nordischer Backsteingotik das sog. Neue Justizgebäude mit zwei Uhrtürmen, in dem sich heute der Bayerische Verfassungsgerichtshof und das Oberlandesgericht München befinden.

Im Februar 1943 fanden im Justizpalast vor dem Volksgerichtshof die Prozesse gegen die Mitglieder der Widerstandsgruppe Weiße Rose statt.

1962 war der Justizpalast Schauplatz des aufsehenerregenden Indizienprozesses gegen Vera Brühne.

Im März 2014 fand im Justizpalast der Strafprozess gegen Uli Hoeneß vor dem Landgericht München II statt. Zwar ist in München für alle Hauptverhandlungen in Strafsachen das Gebäude des Strafjustizzentrums in der Nymphenburger Straße vorgesehen. Der größte Gerichtssaal dort (Saal 101), der baulich auf ein großes Medieninteresse ausgelegt ist, war jedoch zu diesem Zeitpunkt mit dem NSU-Strafprozess gegen Beate Zschäpe belegt. Wegen des erwarteten Ansturms von Presse- und TV-Journalisten entschied man sich, die Hauptverhandlung gegen Uli Hoeneß ausnahmsweise im Justizpalast durchzuführen.

Gedenkstätten und Ausstellungen

Gedenken an die „Weiße Rose“

In Saal 253 erinnert eine Dauerausstellung an die Prozesse gegen die Mitglieder der Weißen Rose. Neben der Eingangstür erinnert eine Gedenktafel aus Plexiglas an die während der NS-Zeit entrechteten und verfolgten jüdischen Anwälte.

Im Innenhof unter der Glaskuppel (Lichthof) finden unregelmäßig Ausstellungen zu zeitgeschichtlichen Themen mit Bezug zur Justiz statt.

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justizpalast_(M%C3%BCnchen)

Built under license by Albatros Werke. WWI combat veteran. Part of the collection of the National Air and Space Museum

Built in the 1st century AD, the Pont du Gard is the highest of all Roman aqueduct bridges

1982's Asiad Coach designed and built by M.S.R.T.C. for Asian games, Delhi.

 

bus chassis :- Leyland Viking.

Coach type :- Integral Coach.

Designed and built by :-M.S.R.T.C.

still using this design in M.S.R.T.C. as Asiad Coach / Hirakani Bus.

Built in 1902

 

Huntsville, Texas is a small town located roughly an hour north of Houston in the Piney Woods region of the east of the state. The community is known for its prisons, as well as being the home of Sam Houston towards the end of his life. Huntsville serves as the seat of Walker County and is the site of Sam Houston State University.

built in 2015 by Robel bahnbaumaschinen Germany YXA mobile maintenance unit (MMU) made up of

DR 97502 99 70 9481 002-2 traction supply unit (TSU)

DR 97602 99 70 9559 002-9 intermediate car (IC)

DR 97802 99 70 9580 002-2 mobile maintenance unit (MMU)

seen at Tonbridge on a St Leonards to Paddock wood transfer move

built 1924-1925

San Francisco

15 Sept. 2013

 

DSC06524

Built in 1940 and one of 60 to see Swedish AF service. The type remained in service as a fighter until 1946.

Displayed with F3 unit markings.

msn 282-19.

Flyvapenmuseum, Malmen, Sweden.

04-6-2012

Built as a lighweight competition car by BMC Australia for John French and Brian Foley to race in the 1967 Rothmans Twelve Hour race at Surfers Paradise, Qld.

Featured on cover of Sports Car World magazine December 1967.

Title: Magnolia plant, built by Hudson Engineering

 

Creator: Richie, Robert Yarnall

 

Date: Spring 1950

 

Part Of: Robert Yarnall Richie Photograph Collection

 

Physical Description: 1 negative: film, black and white; 10 x 12.6 cm.

 

File: ag1982_0234_3211_03_hudsonengineer_sm_opt.jpg

 

Rights: Please cite DeGolyer Library, Southern Methodist University when using this file. A high-resolution version of this file may be obtained for a fee. For details see the sites.smu.edu/cul/degolyer/research/permissions/ web page. For other information, contact degolyer@smu.edu.

 

For more information, see: digitalcollections.smu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ryr/id/659

 

View the Robert Yarnall Richie Photograph Collection digitalcollections.smu.edu/all/cul/ryr/

Built by St. Louis Car 1963, rebuilt by NYCT 207th Street Shop 1990.

Built from an old Refrigerator!

Built-(1969)

Builder-General Motors (EMD)

Type-GP40PH-2B

Operator-NJ Transit

Location-Pennsauken Transit Center

McDonald's #1416 (3,954 square feet)

4608 Haygood Road, Virginia Beach, VA

 

This location was built in 2007, replacing the original 1970-built location on site.

notice the number in the center of the pic: when i took the picture, i didnt see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in italian, it says something like "you have to pay lit.666"

1 2 ••• 65 66 68 70 71 ••• 79 80