View allAll Photos Tagged Seghers,

St. Charles Borromeo Church (Dutch: Sint-Carolus Borromeuskerk) is a church in central Antwerp, located on the Hendrik Conscience square. It was built in 1626 as the Jesuit church of Antwerp, which was closed in 1773. It was rededicated in 1779 to Saint Charles Borromeo. The church was formerly known for 39 ceiling pieces by Rubens that were lost in a fire when lightning struck the church on 18 July 1718.

 

The church was inspired by the Church of the Gesu, the mother church of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic religious order also known as the Jesuits. The church was built next to the Huis van Aecken, bought from the heirs of Erasmus II Schetz. It was the first church in the world to be dedicated to the Jesuit founder, Ignatius Loyola.

 

In 1617-1618 Rubens painted two altarpieces. He was also commissioned to paint the ceiling pieces, for which he made the designs while the execution was done mostly by pupils, including Anthony van Dyck. A contract was drawn up in 1620 by Jacobus Tirinus and the paintings were delivered a year later in time for the consecration. Rubens received 7,000 guilders for his works in the church, and though the lavish decorations including sculptures and other artwork were well received, Tirinus was dismissed in 1625 for going beyond his budget.

 

In 1718 the vault of the nave, including Rubens' ceiling paintings, was destroyed by fire. Jan Pieter van Baurscheidt the Elder restored the damaged parts according to the original plan, but replaced the original coffers with wide transverse arches. In 1773 the Society of Jesus was suppressed and the building was confiscated. It reopened in 1779, renamed St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk, after Charles Borromeo.

 

Since 1803 the St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk has been in use as a parish church. During the Dutch reign preceding Belgium's independence in 1830 the baroque interior was sobered to make it a Protestant church.

 

A restoration campaign in the 1980s brought back the churches baroque splendor. Besides works by Rubens the interior displays paintings by Gerard Seghers, Daniel Seghers, and Cornelis Schut.

 

On 30 August 2009 fire broke out again, but none of the important artworks were damage

 

Paris - The Louvre: "The Resurrection" by Gerhard Seghers (c. 1620)

Molenland Feest met Salim Seghers, Herbert en Laura Lynn door de lens van Günter Hermanss

Claudine Chonez: Léon-Paul Fargue

Poètes d'aujourd'hui,

Pierre Seghers Editeur - Paris, 1950

St. Charles Borromeo Church (Dutch: Sint-Carolus Borromeuskerk) is a church in central Antwerp, located on the Hendrik Conscience square. It was built in 1626 as the Jesuit church of Antwerp, which was closed in 1773. It was rededicated in 1779 to Saint Charles Borromeo. The church was formerly known for 39 ceiling pieces by Rubens that were lost in a fire when lightning struck the church on 18 July 1718.

 

The church was inspired by the Church of the Gesu, the mother church of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic religious order also known as the Jesuits. The church was built next to the Huis van Aecken, bought from the heirs of Erasmus II Schetz. It was the first church in the world to be dedicated to the Jesuit founder, Ignatius Loyola.

 

In 1617-1618 Rubens painted two altarpieces. He was also commissioned to paint the ceiling pieces, for which he made the designs while the execution was done mostly by pupils, including Anthony van Dyck. A contract was drawn up in 1620 by Jacobus Tirinus and the paintings were delivered a year later in time for the consecration. Rubens received 7,000 guilders for his works in the church, and though the lavish decorations including sculptures and other artwork were well received, Tirinus was dismissed in 1625 for going beyond his budget.

 

In 1718 the vault of the nave, including Rubens' ceiling paintings, was destroyed by fire. Jan Pieter van Baurscheidt the Elder restored the damaged parts according to the original plan, but replaced the original coffers with wide transverse arches. In 1773 the Society of Jesus was suppressed and the building was confiscated. It reopened in 1779, renamed St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk, after Charles Borromeo.

 

Since 1803 the St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk has been in use as a parish church. During the Dutch reign preceding Belgium's independence in 1830 the baroque interior was sobered to make it a Protestant church.

 

A restoration campaign in the 1980s brought back the churches baroque splendor. Besides works by Rubens the interior displays paintings by Gerard Seghers, Daniel Seghers, and Cornelis Schut.

 

On 30 August 2009 fire broke out again, but none of the important artworks were damage

 

Molenland Feest met Salim Seghers, Herbert en Laura Lynn door de lens van Günter Hermanss

St. Charles Borromeo Church (Dutch: Sint-Carolus Borromeuskerk) is a church in central Antwerp, located on the Hendrik Conscience square. It was built in 1626 as the Jesuit church of Antwerp, which was closed in 1773. It was rededicated in 1779 to Saint Charles Borromeo. The church was formerly known for 39 ceiling pieces by Rubens that were lost in a fire when lightning struck the church on 18 July 1718.

 

The church was inspired by the Church of the Gesu, the mother church of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic religious order also known as the Jesuits. The church was built next to the Huis van Aecken, bought from the heirs of Erasmus II Schetz. It was the first church in the world to be dedicated to the Jesuit founder, Ignatius Loyola.

 

In 1617-1618 Rubens painted two altarpieces. He was also commissioned to paint the ceiling pieces, for which he made the designs while the execution was done mostly by pupils, including Anthony van Dyck. A contract was drawn up in 1620 by Jacobus Tirinus and the paintings were delivered a year later in time for the consecration. Rubens received 7,000 guilders for his works in the church, and though the lavish decorations including sculptures and other artwork were well received, Tirinus was dismissed in 1625 for going beyond his budget.

 

In 1718 the vault of the nave, including Rubens' ceiling paintings, was destroyed by fire. Jan Pieter van Baurscheidt the Elder restored the damaged parts according to the original plan, but replaced the original coffers with wide transverse arches. In 1773 the Society of Jesus was suppressed and the building was confiscated. It reopened in 1779, renamed St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk, after Charles Borromeo.

 

Since 1803 the St.-Carolus Borromeuskerk has been in use as a parish church. During the Dutch reign preceding Belgium's independence in 1830 the baroque interior was sobered to make it a Protestant church.

 

A restoration campaign in the 1980s brought back the churches baroque splendor. Besides works by Rubens the interior displays paintings by Gerard Seghers, Daniel Seghers, and Cornelis Schut.

 

On 30 August 2009 fire broke out again, but none of the important artworks were damage

 

Discesa verso il rifugio SegheriaClicca qui per cercare altre escursioni...

 

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Gerard Seghers, The Denial of Saint Peter, ca 1620-1625. Oil on canvas, 157.5 x 227.3 cm. North Carolina Museum of Art.

 

Morning of Good Friday: The Denial of St Peter

 

During the trial, Saint Peter was questioned and accused of being a disciple of Jesus. Presumably not wishing to be associated to any form of scandal, he denied knowing him:

 

« But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him. And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not. And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not. And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean. And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew. And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. »

 

Gospel according to Luke (22 : 56-61)

 

In a tenebrist style, Dutch painter Gerard Seghers shows Peter on the left, in the middle of a woman and a soldier. The apostle’s body language is clearly defensive, as a group of men turn away from their card game to listen to the conversation.

charlottewilkins.fr/en/the-easter-story-told-by-art-history/

Panoramica. Situato nelle immediate vicinanze del lago di Ledro, sul torrente Ponale, si caratterizza dal villaggio e area archeologica delle Palafitte. Vi si trova anche il museo. Composto da alcune frazioni riunitesi nel 2010 il comune di Ledro è conosciuto come il paese dei mulini, poiché la sorgente del Ponale era usata in passato per i mestieri comuni di lavorazione del legno, falegnameria, segheria, del ferro e dei chiodi. Il centro del paese è accogliente con la classica struttura di abitato montano. Nel museo civico sono raccolte testimonianze di usi e costumi delle popolazioni antiche.

Galleria Colonna. In the manner of Gerard Seghers - La Negazione di Pietro. 17thC.

Gerard Seghers (1591-1651)

 

oil on canvas, 17th century

 

Louvre ● Paris ● Département des Peintures

  

20190419_131843 Gerard Seghers -

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

‎FRANK (André)

 

‎Théâtre de tous les temps‎

 

‎SEGHERS ~1975 in-8, carré ~180 p‎

 

‎biographie, l'oeuvre, textes et documents, témoignages, panorama critique, n°: 2 Beckett, n°: 15 Jean-Louis Barrault broché 1 usage, bon état, prix à l'unité illustrations, couverture illustrée, bibliographie.

Domenica 29 dicembre 2013 ore 16

Segheria Veneziana, Sega di Terragnolo

 

presentazione del volume

La montagna dal cuore di perla

di Marco Lando, Sara Maino, Michelangelo Spagnolli

Edizioni Osiride 2013

 

mainosara.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/la-montagna-dal-cuore-...

 

Foto Luca Fornasa

 

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Jean Rousselot et Michel Manoll : Pierre Reverdy

Poètes d'aujourd'hui,

Pierre Seghers Editeur - Paris, 1951

‎HAYMAN (Ronald)‎

 

‎Arthur Miller : textes de Arthur Miller, points de vue critique, témoignages, chronologie, bibliographie, illustrations‎

 

‎Seghers, 1973 (Théâtre de tous les temps) In-12 broché, couverture illustrée (dos insolé), 157 pages, illustrations

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Schweizer Meisterschaft / Coop Beachtour, Halbfinale, Forrer / Kayser gegen Moreira / Seghers

St. Martin's Cathedral - 1000 years of city history

 

“This cathedral, towering in all its might and grandeur above the Rhine plain, would have remained in my memory, even if I had never seen it again”, wrote the author Anna Seghers. Even a thousand years after its construction, the massive cathedral still gives the city its character and has shaped its history. Mainz, at the intersection of the old routes of the peoples, became the ecclesiastical centre north of the Alps from 746/47 on through the work of St. Boniface; it acquired its title of “Holy See” during the rule of Willigis (975-1011). [read on]

 

***

Mainzer Dom

 

Dom St. Martin - 1000 Jahre Stadtgeschichte

 

„Dieser Dom über der Rheinebene wäre mir in all seiner Macht und Größe im Gedächtnis geblieben, wenn ich ihn auch nie wieder gesehen hätte", schrieb die Schriftstellerin Anna Seghers. Der gewaltige Dom gibt auch tausend Jahre nach seiner Erbauung der Stadt ihr Gesicht, und er hat ihre Geschichte geprägt. Mainz, am Schnittpunkt alter Völkerstraßen, wurde mit dem Wirken des heiligen Bonifatius ab 746/47 zum kirchlichen Zentrum nördlich der Alpen; es erhielt den Titel „Heiliger Stuhl", als Willigis (975-1011) in Mainz regierte. [weiterlesen]

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Foto Giorgio Salomon (archivio Servizio Sistemazione montana PAT - Croxarie)

A00899

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Schweizer Meisterschaft / Coop Beachtour, Halbfinale, Forrer / Kayser gegen Moreira / Seghers

Belgium.

 

Hiking around Gaasbeek castle.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaasbeek_Castle

 

Gaasbeek Castle lies at the heart of an extensive park (49 hectare) that was laid out in the seventeenth century already. It has both impressive avenues and narrow winding paths. It probably has the tallest beech trees in Belgium!

 

As you walk you will come across several historical buildings that are connected to the Castle: the Chapel of St Gertrude with the altarpiece by Gerard Seghers, the baroque pavilion with its unique stucco ceiling, the neo-Gothic barn, the octagonal pavilion or gunpowder magazine, the classicistic triumphal arc that was constructed in honour of Napoleon, and the former porter's house (currently Graaf van Egmond brasserie). The domain also has three large lakes.

Gie Luyten (°1963) was 30 jaar lang radio- en tv-medewerker en presentator bij de vrt en startte zijn medewerking bij de radio, BRT 2 Omroep Brabant, in programma’s met Zaki (‘Zondag om tien’ en ‘De kleinste keuze’ 1974 tot 1980). Nadien presenteerde hij programma’s over strips bij Omroep Limburg samen met Christel Van Dyck en Rita Jaenen (1980 tot 1991).

Hij was ook actief als songschrijver en componist en schreef muziek en tekst voor meer dan 90 songs voor o.a. Nicole en Hugo, Salim Seghers, Bobby Prins en Yves Segers. Met ‘Telephone twist’ gezongen door White Walker stond hij in 1980 zes weken genoteerd in de Ultratop 50 en behaalde een gouden plaat. Hij kreeg platina voor ‘Driving Lady’, filmmuziek (Discmund, Hamburg). Hij kreeg verscheidene cameo’s in stripverhalen, o.a. een hoofdrol in de reeks Jerom (Studio Vandersteen), album 30, Pipo tovenaar. Momenteel is hij beeldend kunstenaar samen met zijn vrouw Monique De Ceulaer.

 

Domenica 29 dicembre 2013 ore 16

Segheria Veneziana, Sega di Terragnolo

 

presentazione del volume

La montagna dal cuore di perla

di Marco Lando, Sara Maino, Michelangelo Spagnolli

Edizioni Osiride 2013

 

mainosara.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/la-montagna-dal-cuore-...

 

Foto Renato Stedile

 

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

Robert van den Hoecke (1622-1668), active in Antwerp

View of Ostend, mid 17th century

 

Robert van den Hoecke here deals with the of Dutch painters (Hendrick Goltzius, Hercules Seghers, Jan van Goyen) shaped form of panoramic landscape: the flat horizon of a plain landscape is accentuated by the silhouette of Ostend, while the dune left in the foreground and the diagonally laid out procession of strollers put a remarkable counterpoint into the bargain.

 

Robert van den Hoecke (1622-1668), tätig in Antwerpen

Ansicht von Ostende, Mitte 17. Jahrhundert

 

Robert van den Hoecke setzt sich hier mit der von holländischen Malern (Hendrick Goltzius, Hercules Seghers, Jan van Goyen) ausgebildeten Form der Panoramalandschaft auseinander: Der flache Horizont einer ebenen Landschaft wird durch die Silhouette von Ostende akzentuiert, während die Düne links im Vordergrund und der diagonal angelegte Zug der Spaziergänger einen bemerkenswerten Kontrapunkt dazu setzen.

Gie Luyten (°1963) was 30 jaar lang radio- en tv-medewerker en presentator bij de vrt en startte zijn medewerking bij de radio, BRT 2 Omroep Brabant, in programma’s met Zaki (‘Zondag om tien’ en ‘De kleinste keuze’ 1974 tot 1980). Nadien presenteerde hij programma’s over strips bij Omroep Limburg samen met Christel Van Dyck en Rita Jaenen (1980 tot 1991).

Hij was ook actief als songschrijver en componist en schreef muziek en tekst voor meer dan 90 songs voor o.a. Nicole en Hugo, Salim Seghers, Bobby Prins en Yves Segers. Met ‘Telephone twist’ gezongen door White Walker stond hij in 1980 zes weken genoteerd in de Ultratop 50 en behaalde een gouden plaat. Hij kreeg platina voor ‘Driving Lady’, filmmuziek (Discmund, Hamburg). Hij kreeg verscheidene cameo’s in stripverhalen, o.a. een hoofdrol in de reeks Jerom (Studio Vandersteen), album 30, Pipo tovenaar. Momenteel is hij beeldend kunstenaar samen met zijn vrouw Monique De Ceulaer.

 

Domenica 29 dicembre 2013 ore 16

Segheria Veneziana, Sega di Terragnolo

 

presentazione del volume

La montagna dal cuore di perla

di Marco Lando, Sara Maino, Michelangelo Spagnolli

Edizioni Osiride 2013

 

mainosara.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/la-montagna-dal-cuore-...

 

Foto Luca Fornasa

 

Press Tour PEFC Italia in Friuli Venezia Giulia

Foto di Andrea Proietti

Anna-Seghers-Straße 81. (Photo: Jörg Kantel)

La segheria è tuttora in funzione.

Gie Luyten (°1963) was 30 jaar lang radio- en tv-medewerker en presentator bij de vrt en startte zijn medewerking bij de radio, BRT 2 Omroep Brabant, in programma’s met Zaki (‘Zondag om tien’ en ‘De kleinste keuze’ 1974 tot 1980). Nadien presenteerde hij programma’s over strips bij Omroep Limburg samen met Christel Van Dyck en Rita Jaenen (1980 tot 1991).

Hij was ook actief als songschrijver en componist en schreef muziek en tekst voor meer dan 90 songs voor o.a. Nicole en Hugo, Salim Seghers, Bobby Prins en Yves Segers. Met ‘Telephone twist’ gezongen door White Walker stond hij in 1980 zes weken genoteerd in de Ultratop 50 en behaalde een gouden plaat. Hij kreeg platina voor ‘Driving Lady’, filmmuziek (Discmund, Hamburg). Hij kreeg verscheidene cameo’s in stripverhalen, o.a. een hoofdrol in de reeks Jerom (Studio Vandersteen), album 30, Pipo tovenaar. Momenteel is hij beeldend kunstenaar samen met zijn vrouw Monique De Ceulaer.

 

The city in the country

The Kanaal Site of an old malting complex along the Albert Canal in Wijnegem near Antwerp Belgium is found to be the ideal setting for new living concepts. The former industrial context, with its cavernous and labyrinthine spaces, proves to be a surprisingly apt situation for apartments and lofts that are all different from each other and commercial space for the firm of Axel Vervoordt, a renowned design and antique dealer. They are situated in the former silo's of 10 storeys high by Seghers and Beel architects. Cube apartments by Bogdan and Van Broeck Architects; the remodelled former warehouses by Coussée and Goris Architects.

1 2 ••• 16 17 19 21 22 ••• 48 49