View allAll Photos Tagged Listing

TG 600 BKK - HKG.

 

As mentioned in an earlier photograph, I did not drink any alcohol on this flight due to my lack of sleep the night prior along with the early hour.

Crawfordton Tower was a tower house once held by the Crichtons in the 17th century and then the Hays. The site of Old Crawfordton is located around 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi) south-east of the house.

Between 1863 and 1866 the present house was built for the Conservative politician Sir George Gustavus Walker (1831–1897), and designed by the Edinburgh-based architects Peddie & Kinnear. Built in local red sandstone, Crawfordton House is an example of Scottish Baronial architecture, with crowstepped gables, towers, turrets and carvings. There is a four-storey square tower over the entrance bay.

In 1940 the house was purchased for use as a school,and in 1941, pupils were evacuated from Belmont House School in East Renfrewshire to Crawfordton House, which had been converted into a preparatory school for this purpose. Extensions were built during the 1970s and 1980s, though these are excluded from the listed building. In 1995, Crawfordton House School closed down. The house was then run as Cademuir International School, which relocated from the Scottish Borders, but which ceased trading in 2006 due to financial difficulties.

Crawfordton House has been unoccupied since the closure of the school. In 2007 the house was put on the market for £1.3 million. As of October 2011, the house was being marketed with an asking price of £595,000, which was reduced to £495,000 in early 2012 and under offer in late 2012.

Completed 1911, heritage listed.

Sandgate Town Hall is designed in the Federation Free Classical style of architecture. It displays a number of characteristics of the style such as the visually prominent tower, asymmetry, informal massing and the use of contrasting patterns of brick and render to produce a decorative effect. It was designed by architect Thomas Ramsay Hall, who also contributed to the design of the Brisbane City Hall.

Listed Building Grade II

List Entry Number : 1196360

Date First Listed : 13 January 1971

 

Built early to mid 19th century, the lodge has pebble walls, red brick dressings, and a slate roof. It is in a cruciform plan, consisting of a main range with short side wings. The lodge is in a single storey, with attics in the wings.

 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listed_buildings_in_Lytham

 

historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1196360

Another (badly focussed - bloody Samsung camera) shot of the Chevy-motivated Lister.

In Co-Op Cardigan. Left by someone who's particularly fond of bacon..

Onboard TG677 NRT-BKK

71st Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting

Lecture Stefan Hell, Picture/Credit: Christian Flemming/Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings

Schinia septentrionalis

State Listed as Threatened in Connecticut

 

The northern flower moth belongs to the Noctuidae family and can be found along rivers, wetlands, and meadows throughout North America. A large dark spot encompasses the majority of northern flower females’ forewings and their hindwings have beautiful, red-brown patterns. Males of the species are a dark brown, with a couple cream-yellow spots on their hindwings. With a wingspan of 25 mm and a fuzzy body, the flower moth is equipped to effortlessly transfer pollen from flower to flower. They feed on the nectar of many flowers, including their larval host plants, pink and purple-blue asters.

 

It is not clear as to why the northern flower moth has declined in numbers, but a couple of factors may be pollution and human disturbance. Pollution can be in the air, water, or soil and happens during human development. In an attempt to protect the flower moths habitat, buffered zones can be included in their protected habitat, ensuring enough region remains conserved from agricultural development, pesticide use, and human disturbance. The goal of protecting these species with minimal human disturbance isn’t to keep them separated and away from humans, but to rebuild a healthy population size that can successfully live alongside us.

In 2010 The Connecticut legislature passed a law banning lawn care pesticide applications on the grounds of day care centers, elementary and middle schools (grade 8 and lower) as a result of residents’ concerns about children’s health and the environment. Some Connecticut municipalities have gone beyond the requirements of the law and have stopped using pesticides to manage turfgrass on all their municipal properties. This is a good start to reducing the use of chemicals that harm the Northern Flower Moth, and is an example that other organizations can follow.

 

The Endangered Species Project: New England

Exhibition Dates: February 4 - April 14, 2019

Public Lecture and Closing Reception with the Artist: Saturday, April 13

Gallery Hours: M-F 10am - 8pm; Weekends 10am-5pm

Gallery 224 at the Ceramics Program, Office for the Arts at Harvard

224 Western Ave, Allston, Massachusetts 02134

 

Gallery 224 at the Ceramics Program, Office for the Arts at Harvard is pleased to present an exhibition of work from Montana-based potter Julia Galloway's most recent body of work, The Endangered Species Project: New England. Galloway works from each state's official list of species identified as endangered, threatened or extinct. She has created a series of covered jars, one urn for each species, illustrating the smallest Agassiz Clam Shrimp to the largest Eastern Elk.

 

Read more about this exhibition here:

ofa.fas.harvard.edu/ceramics/gallery224/endangered-specie...

 

Another dentist on Spital Terrace - Dudley Rees in the 60s and 70s. Nice house fallen on hard times

**Perry Courthouse Square Historic District** - National Register of Historic Places Ref # 03000881, date listed 2003-09-02

 

Roughly bounded by Birch, Elm, Sixth and Seventh

 

Perry, OK (Noble County)

 

The Perry Courthouse Square Historic District derives its name from the presence of the Noble County Courthouse (NR-1984) built in 1915. The historic courthouse square is actually a rectangle, two blocks wide/east to west and one block deep/north to south. Contained within the district are approximately thirteen blocks surrounding the square. The boundaries of the district are slightly irregular, designed to take in the greatest portion of Perry's historic commercial area, most of which remains intact today.

 

Born of a land run, Perry sprung to life on September 16, 1893. The tents that lined the square by nightfall were soon replaced by wood structures. In time, all of those wood structures were replaced by more enduring structures of brick and stone. The majority of the district's resources, 83%, were built within the period of significance. Of the resources built during the period, 86% were built prior to 1930. Stepping into downtown Perry is almost like taking a step back in time.

 

The district includes 132 buildings, structures and objects consisting of 3 previously listed resources, 92 contributing resources and 37 noncontributing resources. This makes the district 71% contributing. The boundaries of the district also take in a few vacant lots. These lots have been vacant historically and thus do not detract from the overall integrity, appearance and cohesion of the district.

 

Between 611 & 615 Delaware. This brick alley dates to 1910 when the brick streets were installed. The alley is 25' wide and 150' long. It features a raking stretcher bond pattern and is edged by a band of concrete on the east next to 609-611 Delaware. The west border of the alley is asphalt paving which fills a parking area for 615 Delaware. Asphalt covers a small portion nearest the street. The alley runs north to the cross alley. There is no visible stamping on these bricks. (1)

 

References (1) NRHP Nomination Form npgallery.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/NRHP/Text/03000881.pdf

Sir Edward Lister, Chief of Staff, Deputy Mayor, Policy & Planning, Mayor of London’s Office, speaks to reporters after delivering a keynote speech at a discussion on Governance of City-Systems in Bangalore on 12 April 2013. N Sivasailam, Managing Director, Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited and Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairman and Managing Director, Biocon were the co-panelists. Follow us on: twitter.com/ukinindia

 

Royal Automobile Club TT Celebration - Goodwood Revival 2013

UTS Business School celebrates the achievements of our undergraduate Dean's Merit List award recipients for 2020 and 2021 at special celebration at the UTS Business School on Wednesday 22 June 2022.

sign on the pickup window at Goodman's Barbecue in Perry. Great barbecue but you don't want to write a bad check there!

2014 Revival testing. Exit of Goodwood chicane

Oscar Schindlers factory still stands on Lipowa and retains the original gates.

Gargoyles seen in the courtyard at Haddon Hall!

 

Haddon Hall is Grade I listed.

 

Haddon Hall, Nether Haddon

 

SK 26 NW PARISH OF NETHER HADDON HADDON ROAD

2/28 (North Side)

29.9.51 Haddon Hall

GV I

  

Large double courtyard, fortified manor house. Seat of the Dukes of Rutland

and built by the Vernon family. Fragments of C12 work but mainly of two periods

with the upper courtyard built mainly in the second quarter of Cl4 and the lower

courtyard built mostly in C15, but also with major refashionings and alterations

of C16 and C17 and a major restoration between 1920 and 1930, supervised by Mr

Leonard Stanhope, the Clerk of Works. Limestone and gritstone rubble and ashlar

gritstone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Leaded roof, mostly hidden by

embattled parapets with ridgeback copings, roofs and parapets mostly C20.

Numerous stone ridge and side wall stacks, mostly C20, some with crenellated tops,

plus massive late C15 external stacks to west side of Great Hall and, possibly

C14, corbelled out stone stacks to north walls. Two storeys with four storey

north-west gatetower, and three storey eastern Peveril Tower and north-east

lodgings to upper courtyard. Double courtyard plan on sloping site with upper

courtyard to north-east and lower courtyard to south-west. Upper courtyard has

Peveril's Tower, the original entrance, and the state bedroom to east range, Long

Gallery to south and the present Duke's apartments to north, whilst the lower

courtyard has the continuation of the private apartments and the north-west entrance

tower to north, offices and lodgings to west and the Chapel and the Earl's Bedroom

to south, between the two courtyards the Great Hall and its service rooms.

North elevation has late C15 entrance tower to west with C14 kitchen range to east

and beyond the Duke's apartments, mostly C17 but much restored. Entrance tower

has steps up to moulded, shallow pointed arch with hoodmould and double studded

oak doors. To west a slit window and beyond an ornate ashlar, stepped buttress with

relief carving to upper part. Above door a blank plaque with hoodmould and 3-light

cavetto moulded mullion window with pointed lights and incised spandrels, set in

ovolo moulded recess with hoodmould. Above again similar plaque, but decorated with

upturned acorns, and similar 3-light window. Similar blank plaque and window over

with large coat of arms immediately above, breaking through the moulded stringcourse

with gargoyles,on to the parapets. Beyond the C14 stacks to east, a Cl7 wing with

range of recessed and chamfered mullion windows. Attached to west corner of tower

an embattled ashlar wall with four-centred arched doorcase with hoodmould, under

large coat of arms of the 'Kings of the Peak', which has to either side a carved

frieze of the Vernons family shields. West side of tower has polygonal staircase

turret to south corner, corbelled out at first floor level.

Garden front to south of limestone and gritstone rubble with gritstone quoins and

continuous moulded sill bands to first floor windows and continuous moulded eaves

stringcourse. Four bay, early C17, section to east with advanced square, two

storey bay flanked by canted, two storey, bay windows with another window to east,

and attached to west a five bay C16 section, much refashioned in C17, with the Chapel

beyond to west. Eastern section has a range of recessed and ovolo moulded, double

transomed windows to Long Gallery at first floor level with recessed and chamfered

windows below. Lower section attached to west with two storey canted bay window

with large carved crest on parapets, beyond. To west again three, first floor,

oriel windows, each with recessed and ovolo moulded mullion and transomed windows,

central oriel with double angled sides. To extreme west, the Chapel, set at a

different angle, with Perp 5-light east window, two flat headed Perp chancel windows,

C13 lancets in the south aisle and C15 cusped clerestorey windows. To opposite

side of the Chapel in the lower courtyard stands a C15 octagonal bell turret with

cusped Y-tracery arches to all sides at the top. Attached to east end of the Chapel

the remains of C14 timber walling, now mainly enveloped in the late C16 rebuilding

of the Earl's Bedroom which has mullion and transomed canted bay windows at first

floor level. Great Hall to east range of the lower courtyard has C14, 2-light,

low transomed, windows with central quatrefoil over cusped lights, to either side

of late C15 external stack. To north C15 three storey porch and to south projecting

parlour wing.

Interior - the Chapel has two bay arcades of double chamfered pointed arches,

that to north on C15 capital and polygonal column, that to south on mutilated

late C12 scalloped capital and column. Fine 'grisailles' wall paintings to nave

and early C17 oak pews and furnishings, inscribed 'GM 1624'. C15 stained glass

to east, north and south windows, east one inscribed 'Ornate pro animabus Riccardi

Vernon et Benedicte uxoris eius qui fecerunt anno dni 1472'. Below east window

a C14 Nottingham alabaster reredos, introduced in C20. C12 plain circular font

with C17 cover of double curved scrolls meeting at central knob and 1894 marble

tomb to Robert Manners, with figure of dead boy to top and coats of arms and heads

of family to sides, to south side of nave. Opposite a C15 stoop on octagonal stem

with crenellated top. Great Hall has C15 timber screens passage with cusped

panelling and gallery over, also arched braced roof dated 1923, C16 panelled lobby

to south through to parlour and C16 panelling to the walls; large cavetto moulded

fireplace to west and four,four-centred arched doorcases to north of screens

passage, eastern one opens on to the staircase up to the gallery, whilst the other

three lead to the kitchen, pantry and buttery, all have original oak studded doors.

C14 kitchen has two massive segmental fireplaces, impressive C17 oak kitchen

furniture and C16 chamfered cross beam roof supported near centre by braced wooden

pier. Bakehouse beyond to east with breadovens and dough troughs, with slaughter

house beyond again to east. Parlour to south of the Great Hall has its original

cl500 painted ceiling, and panelling throughout,dated 1545, with carved frieze

next to ceiling. Above is the Earl's Bedroom, refashioned in C17, when plasterwork

frieze and ceiling, and panelling inserted. Beyond this room to west another

apartment with the remains of C14 timber walling still visible. Long Gallery

and State Bedroom to east, both C17. Long Gallery has classically inspired

panelling, hugh windows and plasterwork ceiling. State Bedroom beyond, has fireplace

with elborate plaster overmantle similar to those at Hardwick. Sources see

Country Life CVI (1949) December 23, pp 1884, 'Haddon Hall' by Christopher Hussey,

The Royal Archaeological Institute Journal Vol 118, 'Haddon Hall and Bolsover

Castle', pg 188 by P A Faulkner and the National Ancient Monument Review Vol I

'The reinstatement of Haddon Hall' by John Swarbrick pg 135.

  

Listing NGR: SK2348566368

  

This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.

 

Source: English Heritage

 

Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.

 

Mudhoney (set list) @ The Bowery Ballroom, New York, 05/12/2013

The John and Daisy May Livingston Ranch by Sorum was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in April 1987. Photographs from nomination, September 1985.

 

Built in 1916, the house is a rectangular bungalow with a low pitched overhanging crossed-gable roof. The gambrel-roof, plank truss barn was built around the same time. The Craftsman style house and large gambrel-roof barn display architecture unusual for rural Harding County. The house was also built with running water, an indoor bathroom, and steam heat. Daisy Livingston was a china painter and artist who also painted decoration on the walls of the living room and bedrooms. The Livingstons

raised sheep on the large ranch until 1936.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag Georg Moritz Hagen Listing, Ich Liebe Dich;*

"Anthony Lister" is a leading Australian contemporary artist and a pioneer of the stencil and street art movement in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne.

 

Finally, "Anthony Listrer" is celebrated for his "Adventure Painter" philosophy, merging high-culture imagery with a raw, "low-brow" street aesthetic.

 

Notable Major Projects and Immersive Installations:

 

"Untold Melbourne" @ the Nylex Clock & Silo, Melbourne (2018) - www.flickr.com/photos/colourourcity/albums/72157648692779...

"Wall to Wall Festival" @ Benalla, Victoria (2018) - www.flickr.com/photos/colourourcity/albums/72157651514322...

 

For more information, or to follow this artist references refer to -

 

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/anthonylister/

 

anthonylister.com/

www.flickr.com/photos/12537874@N00/

 

#AnthonyLister #Lister #ManMan #HosierLane

Oil & silver emulsion on canvas, 60 x 160 cm

All Saints Parish Church, Wigan, Greater Manchester, UK - Wigan Parish Church

Lister stationary engine

 

Burnley Borough Council

Walker Hey Footbridge/Leeds & Liverpool Canal Towp. , Burnley,

Proposal: Proposed construction of ramp to link footbridge and towpath

Porter, Indiana

Listed 8/8/2013

Reference Number: 13000593

Comprised of 63 acres of rolling woodland bordering the Little Calumet River in Porter, Indiana, the Good Fellow Club Youth Camp is the only summer camp that U.S. Steel Company (USX) built for employees' children. Operated from 1941 to 1976, the camp remains one of the few facilities of its kind in the United States, providing an excellent material record of the system of employee benefits known as welfare capitalism. Because of its strong connection to the steel industry, which has long dominated Northwest Indiana's economy, the Good Fellow Club Youth Camp is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places under Criterion A in the area of industry. The camp also qualifies in the areas of social history and recreation because of its association with the social and educational values of the 1940's and 1950's as reflected in a one-week summer program. The camp clearly conveys the conception that a park-like recreational development would positively affect urban industrial workers' families.

National Register of Historic Places Homepage

Good Fellow Club Youth Camp Description Page

National Register of Historic Places on Facebook

On the pricing list:

Photo 1 (top left) by sellyourseoul

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellyourseoul/)

Photo 2 (top right) by dMap Travel Guide

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmap/)

Photo 3 (bottom left) by Nick J Webb

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickwebb/)

Photo 4 (bottom right) by Dennis Wong (http://www.flickr.com/photos/denniswong/)

1 2 ••• 30 31 33 35 36 ••• 79 80