View allAll Photos Tagged Botanicus
Le vélo est le moyen de transport roi à Amsterdam, capitale des Pays Bas. Reportage sur Voyager comme Ulysse.
GHOSTRIDERS IN THE SKY party, Het Bos, Antwerpen, November 28, 2014.
-
Toekomstmuziek deel 7 : GHOSTRIDERS IN THE SKY de gele nacht lang!
Naar bijna jaarlijkse traditie geeft Ultra Eczema een langspeelplaat uit, tot bij de rand gevuld met coverversies van 1 bepaald lied, in het verleden werden "La Bamba", "Popcorn" en "Fever" al stevig misbruikt, dit jaar is het de beurt aan "Ghostriders in the sky", origineel van Stan Jones, en reeds ontelbare keren verkracht door onmensen als "The Outlaws", "Tom Jones", "Peggy Lee" enzovoorts.
Aan de presentatie van deze langspeler wordt zoals steeds een nacht gekoppeld waarop een hoop muzikanten en beeldend kunstenaars het middelmatigste van zichzelf geven mits het live spelen van enkel GHOSTRIDERS IN THE SKY, tussen deze live versies door draait DJ Daniel De Wereldvermaarde Botanicus honderden versies van het zelfde lied om uw benen en mogelijk andere lichaamsdelen in beweging te houden!
Met: Mittland Och Leo, Hiele, Ria Pacquee, Possessed Factory, New Root Canal & Liquid Slug, HYHS, Viva, Lieven Segers, DSR Lines, Gerard Herman, Vom Grill, Sjors Bral, Lieven Martens Moana, Tone Zones, Blackie & the Oohoos, Kevin Apetown, Michael Van Den Abeele, Remörk, Ogon Bato, The After Lucy Experiment, Blaastaal, Dan Browne, Sigrtyggur Berg Sigmarsson en nog veel meer!
www.hetbos.be/agenda/2014/11/28/#216
-
UE184
GHOSTRIDERS IN THE SKY compilation LP
"In the recent past we have decently abused "songs" such as "La Bamba", "Popcorn" and "Fever" by inviting some of the most lawless folks on this planet to do whatever they want with "it", which resulted in nightmares all around, and maybe some of the worst records ever made!
The idea of this lp is pretty much the same as the above mentioned results of faillure: in this case the 'orginally written by Stan Jones' cowboy knakker gets grilled, turned over, slapped around and puked on by Sjors Bral, Blodfet & DJ Lonely, Remörk, Alessandro Bosetti, Tone Zones, Marty Ribbons, Montana Big Boys (Joshua Burkett and Arkim Foam), Snorri Asmundsson, BJ Nilsen & Stilluppsteypa, Dan Melchior & Letha Rodman Melchior, Michael Van Den Abeele, The After Lucy Experiment, Mittland Och Leo and Ogon Batto in conjunction with a Ghostriders in the sky "party" at Het Bos in Antwerp/Belgium (28/11/2014), where about 30 or more bands, visual artists and folks that ended up at the wrong time in the wrong place, will play a live version of this song.
This lp comes with liner notes by Carlo Steegen. limited to 200 copies."
-
The After Lucy Experiment 'Ghostriders in the sky' performance :
The Hortus Botanicus Leiden, nestled in the heart of the city, is a historical gem and a tranquil retreat. Established in 1590, it holds the distinction of being the oldest botanical garden in the Netherlands, with a rich collection that has grown over four centuries. Visitors can explore the Orangery from 1744, tropical greenhouses from 1938, and a winter garden from 2000, each offering a unique glimpse into the plant kingdom. The garden's commitment to education and conservation is evident through its diverse flora, including exotic species and historical plants like the old Tuliptree from 1716 and the Ginkgo from 1785. It's a place where nature's beauty is preserved and celebrated, providing a serene escape from the bustling city life.
Deutsche Kuhschelle - Pulsatilla vulgaris (Mitteleuropa)
Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
Botanical Garden in September 2007. In the background, the Upper Belvedere .
(pictures you can see by clicking on the link at the end of page!)
Botanical Garden, ginkgo Jacquin, April 2005.
Botanical Garden, succulents, outdoor area, April 2005.
The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna (Hortus Botanicus Vindobonensis, HBV) is a botanical garden that was established in 1754 in the 3rd Viennese district Landstraße.
The Botanical Garden is a facility of the Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Vienna. It is approximately 8 acres and is home to about 9,500 species. The tasks of the Botanical Garden include university research and teaching, the conservation of endangered plant species and seed and plant exchange with other institutions. A large part of the garden, adjacent to the Belvedere gardens is open to the public and serves as a recreational area.
History
The Botanical Garden was founded in 1754 as a "Hortus Medicus" (Medizinalpflanzengarten) on 1 ha. To this end, Maria Theresa - at the suggestion of her personal physician, Gerard van Swieten - had bought at Rennweg a 2-hectare estate. The order for the planning and design got Robert Laugier (1722-1793), who was since 1749 in Vienna. After having taken place the acquisition of the property, Laugier became first garden director (a position he held from 1754 until his retirement in 1768) as well as first chair holder of botany and chemistry, chairs that had been created afresh.
It subsequently evolved into a scientifically oriented botanical garden, the plants were arranged according to the Linnaean system (Linnaean taxonomy). Laugier's successor as director was Nicholas Joseph von Jacquin (Director 1768-1796). At that time the garden was home for about 8,000 species, the area was increased to approximately 7.8 acres. Jacquin's son Joseph Franz von Jacquin became his successor as director (1796-1839).
From 1841 on, the open land following the English garden style according to the system of Stephan Ladislaus Endlicher, who was director from 1839 to 1849, was redesigned. It had been layed out an officinal department with 196 beds. 1844 the Botanical Museum was built. Head gardener Joseph Diefenbach continued the redevelopment of the gardens in the sense of Endlicher. Director from 1849 to 1879 was Edward Schimmer. At this time the to European Botanic Gardens new concept of the phytogeographical groups was developed .
From 1883 to 1890, the Jacquingasse was created whereby the garden area was reduced to about 6 ha. 1890-1893 was built by director Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1878-1898) the greenhouse plant with tropical house. 1904/ 05 followed the new construction of the Botanical Institute and laying out of the biological groups.
1930, the Botanical Garden was to the so-called Host'schen garden at the southern end extended (formerly private garden of the Hapsburgs), as a result the garden reached its present size of approximately 8 ha. The adjacent Alpine Garden remained with the Belvedere gardens. Director from 1899-1931 was from Richard Wettstein. At the beginning of the 40s under director Fritz Knoll (1931-1945) the Alpine Garden was recreated in its current area.
Due to bomb damages during the Second World War (more than 40 hits), the demolition of the Botanical Museum and the felling of about 200 trees was necessary. Up to the 1970s under director Lothar Geitler (1945-1969) took place the removal of war damages and the reconstruction of the collections.
1970 the Host'sche garden was opened to visitors. 1975 began the general refurbishment of the institute building (until 1992) and the greenhouses, Director 1970-1995 was Frederick Ehrendorfer. In the 80s, the experimental house were built and created new experimental areas. In 1991, the Association of the Friends of the Botanical Garden was founded.
From 1995 on, the rehabilitation of the greenhouses was continued and the tropical house opend to the public. The Canaries group was built and expanded the group of the Austrian flora. Michael Hesse (1995-1997) was followed by Tod Stuessy (1995-2005) as director, since January 2006, Michael Kiehn is director of the botanical garden.
The garden collections include:
Abies pinsapo
Aesculus pavia
Cephalotaxus harringtonia
Diospyros lotus
Elaeagnus angustifolia
Ephedra
Ficus carica
Ginkgo biloba
Gunnera chilensis
+Laburnocytisus adamii
Liriodendron tulipifera
Magnolia
Metasequoia glyptostroboides
Graves of Nikolaus Joseph von Jacquin and Joseph Franz von Jacquin on the grounds
Nothofagus antarctica
Ostrya carpinifolia
Parrotia persica
Paulownia tomentosa
Phyllostachys viridiglaucescens
Pinus aristata
Platanus orientalis
Poncirus trifoliata
Prunus tenella
Rhododendron
Salvia
Sequoiadendron giganteum
Syringa
Viburnum
Vitis riparia
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanischer_Garten_der_Universit%C3...
A green treasure hidden in the historical centre of Leiden. Founded in 1590, this is the oldest botanical garden in the Netherlands.
Model: Koyuki, Eva
Visagie/styling: Eva
Photographer: Qsimple
Location: With a special thanks to Hortus Botanicus Leiden for the use of the garden
Lighting support, Security and male model: Jody
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
You are free:
to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work
But Under the following conditions:
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
Hamamelidacea Corylopsis (Scheinhasel) - Ostasien
Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
Botanical Garden in September 2007. In the background, the Upper Belvedere .
(pictures you can see by clicking on the link at the end of page!)
Botanical Garden, ginkgo Jacquin, April 2005.
Botanical Garden, succulents, outdoor area, April 2005.
The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna (Hortus Botanicus Vindobonensis, HBV) is a botanical garden that was established in 1754 in the 3rd Viennese district Landstraße.
The Botanical Garden is a facility of the Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Vienna. It is approximately 8 acres and is home to about 9,500 species. The tasks of the Botanical Garden include university research and teaching, the conservation of endangered plant species and seed and plant exchange with other institutions. A large part of the garden, adjacent to the Belvedere gardens is open to the public and serves as a recreational area.
History
The Botanical Garden was founded in 1754 as a "Hortus Medicus" (Medizinalpflanzengarten) on 1 ha. To this end, Maria Theresa - at the suggestion of her personal physician, Gerard van Swieten - had bought at Rennweg a 2-hectare estate. The order for the planning and design got Robert Laugier (1722-1793), who was since 1749 in Vienna. After having taken place the acquisition of the property, Laugier became first garden director (a position he held from 1754 until his retirement in 1768) as well as first chair holder of botany and chemistry, chairs that had been created afresh.
It subsequently evolved into a scientifically oriented botanical garden, the plants were arranged according to the Linnaean system (Linnaean taxonomy). Laugier's successor as director was Nicholas Joseph von Jacquin (Director 1768-1796). At that time the garden was home for about 8,000 species, the area was increased to approximately 7.8 acres. Jacquin's son Joseph Franz von Jacquin became his successor as director (1796-1839).
From 1841 on, the open land following the English garden style according to the system of Stephan Ladislaus Endlicher, who was director from 1839 to 1849, was redesigned. It had been layed out an officinal department with 196 beds. 1844 the Botanical Museum was built. Head gardener Joseph Diefenbach continued the redevelopment of the gardens in the sense of Endlicher. Director from 1849 to 1879 was Edward Schimmer. At this time the to European Botanic Gardens new concept of the phytogeographical groups was developed .
From 1883 to 1890, the Jacquingasse was created whereby the garden area was reduced to about 6 ha. 1890-1893 was built by director Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1878-1898) the greenhouse plant with tropical house. 1904/ 05 followed the new construction of the Botanical Institute and laying out of the biological groups.
1930, the Botanical Garden was to the so-called Host'schen garden at the southern end extended (formerly private garden of the Hapsburgs), as a result the garden reached its present size of approximately 8 ha. The adjacent Alpine Garden remained with the Belvedere gardens. Director from 1899-1931 was from Richard Wettstein. At the beginning of the 40s under director Fritz Knoll (1931-1945) the Alpine Garden was recreated in its current area.
Due to bomb damages during the Second World War (more than 40 hits), the demolition of the Botanical Museum and the felling of about 200 trees was necessary. Up to the 1970s under director Lothar Geitler (1945-1969) took place the removal of war damages and the reconstruction of the collections.
1970 the Host'sche garden was opened to visitors. 1975 began the general refurbishment of the institute building (until 1992) and the greenhouses, Director 1970-1995 was Frederick Ehrendorfer. In the 80s, the experimental house were built and created new experimental areas. In 1991, the Association of the Friends of the Botanical Garden was founded.
From 1995 on, the rehabilitation of the greenhouses was continued and the tropical house opend to the public. The Canaries group was built and expanded the group of the Austrian flora. Michael Hesse (1995-1997) was followed by Tod Stuessy (1995-2005) as director, since January 2006, Michael Kiehn is director of the botanical garden.
The garden collections include:
Abies pinsapo
Aesculus pavia
Cephalotaxus harringtonia
Diospyros lotus
Elaeagnus angustifolia
Ephedra
Ficus carica
Ginkgo biloba
Gunnera chilensis
+Laburnocytisus adamii
Liriodendron tulipifera
Magnolia
Metasequoia glyptostroboides
Graves of Nikolaus Joseph von Jacquin and Joseph Franz von Jacquin on the grounds
Nothofagus antarctica
Ostrya carpinifolia
Parrotia persica
Paulownia tomentosa
Phyllostachys viridiglaucescens
Pinus aristata
Platanus orientalis
Poncirus trifoliata
Prunus tenella
Rhododendron
Salvia
Sequoiadendron giganteum
Syringa
Viburnum
Vitis riparia
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanischer_Garten_der_Universit%C3...
The Hortus Botanicus Leiden, nestled in the heart of the city, is a historical gem and a tranquil retreat. Established in 1590, it holds the distinction of being the oldest botanical garden in the Netherlands, with a rich collection that has grown over four centuries. Visitors can explore the Orangery from 1744, tropical greenhouses from 1938, and a winter garden from 2000, each offering a unique glimpse into the plant kingdom. The garden's commitment to education and conservation is evident through its diverse flora, including exotic species and historical plants like the old Tuliptree from 1716 and the Ginkgo from 1785. It's a place where nature's beauty is preserved and celebrated, providing a serene escape from the bustling city life.
Phlomoides tuberosa (Knollen-Brandkraut), östliches Mittel-Europa bis Persien, Sibirien
Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
Botanical Garden in September 2007. In the background, the Upper Belvedere .
(pictures you can see by clicking on the link at the end of page!)
Botanical Garden, ginkgo Jacquin, April 2005.
Botanical Garden, succulents, outdoor area, April 2005.
The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna (Hortus Botanicus Vindobonensis, HBV) is a botanical garden that was established in 1754 in the 3rd Viennese district Landstraße.
The Botanical Garden is a facility of the Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Vienna. It is approximately 8 acres and is home to about 9,500 species. The tasks of the Botanical Garden include university research and teaching, the conservation of endangered plant species and seed and plant exchange with other institutions. A large part of the garden, adjacent to the Belvedere gardens is open to the public and serves as a recreational area.
History
The Botanical Garden was founded in 1754 as a "Hortus Medicus" (Medizinalpflanzengarten) on 1 ha. To this end, Maria Theresa - at the suggestion of her personal physician, Gerard van Swieten - had bought at Rennweg a 2-hectare estate. The order for the planning and design got Robert Laugier (1722-1793), who was since 1749 in Vienna. After having taken place the acquisition of the property, Laugier became first garden director (a position he held from 1754 until his retirement in 1768) as well as first chair holder of botany and chemistry, chairs that had been created afresh.
It subsequently evolved into a scientifically oriented botanical garden, the plants were arranged according to the Linnaean system (Linnaean taxonomy). Laugier's successor as director was Nicholas Joseph von Jacquin (Director 1768-1796). At that time the garden was home for about 8,000 species, the area was increased to approximately 7.8 acres. Jacquin's son Joseph Franz von Jacquin became his successor as director (1796-1839).
From 1841 on, the open land following the English garden style according to the system of Stephan Ladislaus Endlicher, who was director from 1839 to 1849, was redesigned. It had been layed out an officinal department with 196 beds. 1844 the Botanical Museum was built. Head gardener Joseph Diefenbach continued the redevelopment of the gardens in the sense of Endlicher. Director from 1849 to 1879 was Edward Schimmer. At this time the to European Botanic Gardens new concept of the phytogeographical groups was developed .
From 1883 to 1890, the Jacquingasse was created whereby the garden area was reduced to about 6 ha. 1890-1893 was built by director Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1878-1898) the greenhouse plant with tropical house. 1904/ 05 followed the new construction of the Botanical Institute and laying out of the biological groups.
1930, the Botanical Garden was to the so-called Host'schen garden at the southern end extended (formerly private garden of the Hapsburgs), as a result the garden reached its present size of approximately 8 ha. The adjacent Alpine Garden remained with the Belvedere gardens. Director from 1899-1931 was from Richard Wettstein. At the beginning of the 40s under director Fritz Knoll (1931-1945) the Alpine Garden was recreated in its current area.
Due to bomb damages during the Second World War (more than 40 hits), the demolition of the Botanical Museum and the felling of about 200 trees was necessary. Up to the 1970s under director Lothar Geitler (1945-1969) took place the removal of war damages and the reconstruction of the collections.
1970 the Host'sche garden was opened to visitors. 1975 began the general refurbishment of the institute building (until 1992) and the greenhouses, Director 1970-1995 was Frederick Ehrendorfer. In the 80s, the experimental house were built and created new experimental areas. In 1991, the Association of the Friends of the Botanical Garden was founded.
From 1995 on, the rehabilitation of the greenhouses was continued and the tropical house opend to the public. The Canaries group was built and expanded the group of the Austrian flora. Michael Hesse (1995-1997) was followed by Tod Stuessy (1995-2005) as director, since January 2006, Michael Kiehn is director of the botanical garden.
The garden collections include:
Abies pinsapo
Aesculus pavia
Cephalotaxus harringtonia
Diospyros lotus
Elaeagnus angustifolia
Ephedra
Ficus carica
Ginkgo biloba
Gunnera chilensis
+Laburnocytisus adamii
Liriodendron tulipifera
Magnolia
Metasequoia glyptostroboides
Graves of Nikolaus Joseph von Jacquin and Joseph Franz von Jacquin on the grounds
Nothofagus antarctica
Ostrya carpinifolia
Parrotia persica
Paulownia tomentosa
Phyllostachys viridiglaucescens
Pinus aristata
Platanus orientalis
Poncirus trifoliata
Prunus tenella
Rhododendron
Salvia
Sequoiadendron giganteum
Syringa
Viburnum
Vitis riparia
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanischer_Garten_der_Universit%C3...
If you know the name of this butterfly, please add a tag...
Si vous connaissez le nom de ce petit papillon, veuillez l'ajouter...
At Amsterdam's botanical gardens. A pleasing mix of 'Amsterdam School' & traditional victorian iron work. Built in 1912, some 274 years after the gardens were founded, after a design by Dutch architect Johan Melchior van der Mey (1878-1949).
I thought I'd read somewhere that the decision to finance & build the palm house was a sweetener for the garden's curator at the time to encourage him to stay put in Amsterdam but I can't now find my reference for this so perhaps it was all a dream.
Jolly fine building in any event.
Berkheya purpurea (Südafrika)
Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna
Botanical Garden in September 2007. In the background, the Upper Belvedere .
(pictures you can see by clicking on the link at the end of page!)
Botanical Garden, ginkgo Jacquin, April 2005.
Botanical Garden, succulents, outdoor area, April 2005.
The Botanical Garden of the University of Vienna (Hortus Botanicus Vindobonensis, HBV) is a botanical garden that was established in 1754 in the 3rd Viennese district Landstraße.
The Botanical Garden is a facility of the Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Vienna. It is approximately 8 acres and is home to about 9,500 species. The tasks of the Botanical Garden include university research and teaching, the conservation of endangered plant species and seed and plant exchange with other institutions. A large part of the garden, adjacent to the Belvedere gardens is open to the public and serves as a recreational area.
History
The Botanical Garden was founded in 1754 as a "Hortus Medicus" (Medizinalpflanzengarten) on 1 ha. To this end, Maria Theresa - at the suggestion of her personal physician, Gerard van Swieten - had bought at Rennweg a 2-hectare estate. The order for the planning and design got Robert Laugier (1722-1793), who was since 1749 in Vienna. After having taken place the acquisition of the property, Laugier became first garden director (a position he held from 1754 until his retirement in 1768) as well as first chair holder of botany and chemistry, chairs that had been created afresh.
It subsequently evolved into a scientifically oriented botanical garden, the plants were arranged according to the Linnaean system (Linnaean taxonomy). Laugier's successor as director was Nicholas Joseph von Jacquin (Director 1768-1796). At that time the garden was home for about 8,000 species, the area was increased to approximately 7.8 acres. Jacquin's son Joseph Franz von Jacquin became his successor as director (1796-1839).
From 1841 on, the open land following the English garden style according to the system of Stephan Ladislaus Endlicher, who was director from 1839 to 1849, was redesigned. It had been layed out an officinal department with 196 beds. 1844 the Botanical Museum was built. Head gardener Joseph Diefenbach continued the redevelopment of the gardens in the sense of Endlicher. Director from 1849 to 1879 was Edward Schimmer. At this time the to European Botanic Gardens new concept of the phytogeographical groups was developed .
From 1883 to 1890, the Jacquingasse was created whereby the garden area was reduced to about 6 ha. 1890-1893 was built by director Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1878-1898) the greenhouse plant with tropical house. 1904/ 05 followed the new construction of the Botanical Institute and laying out of the biological groups.
1930, the Botanical Garden was to the so-called Host'schen garden at the southern end extended (formerly private garden of the Hapsburgs), as a result the garden reached its present size of approximately 8 ha. The adjacent Alpine Garden remained with the Belvedere gardens. Director from 1899-1931 was from Richard Wettstein. At the beginning of the 40s under director Fritz Knoll (1931-1945) the Alpine Garden was recreated in its current area.
Due to bomb damages during the Second World War (more than 40 hits), the demolition of the Botanical Museum and the felling of about 200 trees was necessary. Up to the 1970s under director Lothar Geitler (1945-1969) took place the removal of war damages and the reconstruction of the collections.
1970 the Host'sche garden was opened to visitors. 1975 began the general refurbishment of the institute building (until 1992) and the greenhouses, Director 1970-1995 was Frederick Ehrendorfer. In the 80s, the experimental house were built and created new experimental areas. In 1991, the Association of the Friends of the Botanical Garden was founded.
From 1995 on, the rehabilitation of the greenhouses was continued and the tropical house opend to the public. The Canaries group was built and expanded the group of the Austrian flora. Michael Hesse (1995-1997) was followed by Tod Stuessy (1995-2005) as director, since January 2006, Michael Kiehn is director of the botanical garden.
The garden collections include:
Abies pinsapo
Aesculus pavia
Cephalotaxus harringtonia
Diospyros lotus
Elaeagnus angustifolia
Ephedra
Ficus carica
Ginkgo biloba
Gunnera chilensis
+Laburnocytisus adamii
Liriodendron tulipifera
Magnolia
Metasequoia glyptostroboides
Graves of Nikolaus Joseph von Jacquin and Joseph Franz von Jacquin on the grounds
Nothofagus antarctica
Ostrya carpinifolia
Parrotia persica
Paulownia tomentosa
Phyllostachys viridiglaucescens
Pinus aristata
Platanus orientalis
Poncirus trifoliata
Prunus tenella
Rhododendron
Salvia
Sequoiadendron giganteum
Syringa
Viburnum
Vitis riparia
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanischer_Garten_der_Universit%C3...