View allAll Photos Tagged current
Fire Island Lighthouse : Fire Island National Seashore ,N.Y. , Sept'09.
Eddie has been a Parks Dept. educator from Key West to Manhattan's African-American Graveyard. She's currently at the lighthouse.
When the Aurora is moving rapidly, moving, changing, flickering, you get the feeling there is some kind of cosmic sorcery in play, that greater powers than we can grasp may be in the process of remaking the world ....
This is the current stall for the washroom at the Bus Park. Totally inaccessible for a person with a disability. The room is too narrow, there are no hand rails, there is no place to sit and there is no access ramp. The GDPU is working to change this.
Photo by: GDPU Peace Fellow 2012, Dane Macri
Unfortunately there is currently a problem with Flickr as many of my photographs are failing to upload.
This is one of my favourite events of the year.
It is claimed that a record 60,000 people turned out for the LGBTI+ Dublin Pride Parade on Saturday, about double the previous year’s numbers. To be honest it appeared to be bigger than this years Saint Patrick's Day Parade and it was a lot more fun.
Unfortunately I met one very nasty person who took great exception to the parade and the Indian Hippy in charge of the country.
This year I had more-or-less decided not to photograph this event because of the current heatwave. Both myself and my camera have suffered badly from overheating over the last ten days so I have decided to remain indoors as much as possible.
However when I discovered that it passed very close to my apartment I decided that it might be a good idea to go along and take a few photographs.
Is it me or does this sock look an odd shape?! And huge?!! I'm going to knit a long cuff so that I can fold it down - they're going to be house socks and I thought a fold down cuff would be nice and cosy
Currently undergoing restoration, this is known as "The Hermitage" and is in Kedleston Hall pleasure grounds.
It dates back to 1761 and was possibly by Robert Adam.
The current cathedral is built on the site of at least two previous structures dedicated to Finbarr of Cork. The first dated from the 7th century, with works continuing through the 12th century. This building was damaged during the Siege of Cork (1690), and a new structure was built in 1735 - though elements of the earlier spire were retained.
This structure remained until the 1860s, when a competition for the building of a new larger cathedral was held 1862. In February 1863, the designs of the architect William Burges was declared the winner of the competition to build a new cathedral of St Fin Barre. His diary records his reaction - "Got Cork!" - whilst the cathedral accounts record the payment of the winning prize sum of £100. Building work took seven years before the first service was held in the cathedral in 1870. Building, carving and decoration continued into the 20th century, long after Burges's death in 1881.
The style of the building is Early French, Burges's favoured period and a style he continued to favour throughout his life, choosing it for his own home, The Tower House, in Kensington. The stipulated price for construction was to be £15,000, a sum vastly exceeded. The total cost came to significantly over £100,000. Burges was "unconcerned" (his own words) in his letter of January 1877 to the Bishop of Cork: "(In the future) the whole affair will be on its trial and, the elements of time and cost being forgotten, the result only will be looked at. The great questions will then be, first, is this work beautiful and, secondly, have those to whom it was entrusted, done it with all their heart and all their ability."
Burges oversaw all aspects of the design, including the architecture of the building, the statuary, the stained glass and the internal decoration. The result is "undoubtedly Burges's greatest work in ecclesiastical architecture".
20943 Sign of the land – Town Creek Indian Mound-North Carolina Historic Site, 509 Town Creek Mound Rd., Mt. Gilead, Montgomery, NC. May 24, 2017. Decimal degrees: 35.184105, -79.932000
“We travel’d this day, about 25 miles, over pleasant savanna ground, high, and dry, having very few trees upon it, and those standing at a great distance.’
John Lawson: Surveyor General of North Carolina, January 1701”
“The Town Creek Indian Mound prairie reconstruction consists of more than three and a half acres of land. Through the years, this land has seen varied use and some of our visitor may remember when it was mowed and manicured much like a golf course. While this did provide a nice setting for picnics, Frisbee and the occasional game of ‘tag’ it is not representative of what existed six to twelve hundred years ago. The current use of this land is more appropriate and allows us to encourage native plants as we work to exclude non-native exotic species. Periodic burning and seeding of native grasses allow a glimpse here of what once was a prevalent and bountiful ecosystem in North Carolina.
In 1540, early explorers reported ‘savannas’ in the Carolina Piedmont. These prairies were larger open expanses of land than what you see here and probably the result of fires set by American Indians as well as well as naturally occurring wild fires. In addition, animals such as elk, and bison relied on open grazing areas and helped maintain the prairies. The web of streams and rivers present in the region created natural firebreaks and caused Piedmont prairies to be smaller than those of the Midwest. Because prairie in this region requires maintenance to persist, as the American Indian population and herds of grazing animals declined, so did this once valued resource.
So please enjoy this opportunity to see a small representation of what was once an important ecosystem in the area. Look for the creatures that call this place home and listen as they scamper away through the grasses as you approach. Take a deep breath and notice the smells of the season. Close your eyes; embrace the warmth of the sun on your face and appreciate songs of birds that the prairie attracts. Imagine living near a Piedmont prairie and eating the fruits, seeds and animals it provides. Now, as you pass through the heart of this ancient landscape, it may transport you back in time and into a representation of the past.”
Below upper left photograph:
“Little Bluestem”
Beneath upper second left photograph:
“Big Bluestem”
Below lower left photograph:
“Wiregrass”
Under upper right first photograph:
“Indiangrass”
Under upper far right photograph:
“Butterflyweed”
Below lower right photograph:
“Switchgrass”
Rose sticks (transplanted from back yard... only one is taking) plus some random plants from Home Depot
German Currents 2013
7th Annual Festival of German Film Los Angeles
presented by the Goethe-Institut Los Angeles and the American Cinematheque
with the support of Deutsche Welle, German Films, the Friends of Goethe and ELMA.
In cooperation with the Consulates General of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Opening Night.
October 4th -7th, 2013, Egyptian Theatre Hollywood
Currently considered a subspecies of White Wagtail, Motacilla alba. A vagrant at Pismo Creek Mouth, Pismo Beach, CA.
-->FLOW-->-the current that carries-
FLOW is a state of mind which is reached when there is high challenge and high skill. Everything else ceases to exist as one becomes completely engrossed in the moment. This series of events aims at bringing the artists and audience together into the current. Combining thought-provoking concepts, intense actions, and surreal visual metaphors, the performance art, video, and sound will carry the audience to a place that is…
-->(흐름)-->-어떤것을 수반하는 흐름-
FLOW(흐름)는 고도의 도전과 기량이 있을때 나타나는 정신상태입니다. 그 밖의 것들은 현재에 완전히 몰입되는 순간 소멸하게 됩니다. 계속되는 시리즈 형식의 이번 이벤트는 아티스트들과 관객들이 함께 이 흐름에 합류하게 하는데 그 목적이 있습니다. 시사적이고, 역동적인 행위, 그리고 비상한 시각적 은유가 결합된 퍼포먼스, 비디오, 사운드 아트는 아래와 같은 내용으로 여러분을 초대합니다.
at Gallery Golmok, Itaewon, Seoul
every Saturday in May 9pm-11pm
FLOW
day 1 : MAY 4, 2012
JANE RHYU
IDA GRÄNDÅS-RHEE(SWEDEN) AND JANE RHYU(KOREA/USA)
theecstasyofmeaning.blogspot.com/
picture : publish9.com
People with long lens cameras are not welcome at Selhurst Park. Two stewards came and threatened to eject me from the ground for taking this photo.
Jeanette Davis has lived all over the country, however, she names Berlin, Georgia as her hometown. In all of her 70 years of living she has done many jobs, although currently she is a substitute teacher at Odum Elementary School.
Currently, the UK has just 2.8GW of grid-scale storage in the form of pumped hydro stations at four sitesThe most recent addition is more than 30 years old!
Other countries are taking storage requirements more seriously. Research by the Portuguese government, for example, suggests that a ratio of 3.5MW of installed wind capacity to 1MW of pumped hydro storage is appropriate for grid balancing purposes, and is investing accordingly.
Snowdonia Pumped Hydro (SPH) intends to build a 600 MWh pumped electricity storage facility at Glyn Rhonwy near Llanberis.
The scheme was granted planning permission by Gwynedd Council in February 2014. Now SPH is applying to increase the output of the facility from 49.9MW to 99.9MW.
This would be achieved solely by increasing the capacity of the underground turbines and associated equipment. In every other respect the revised facility would remain identical to that originally approved by Gwynedd Council.
The Glyn Rhonwy Pumped Storage scheme has been designed to bring new life to two dis-used slate quarries in the slopes of Cefn Du mountain in the Dyffryn Peris valley approximately 1.5km north west of Llanberis and 11km south east of the scheme will utilise two disused slate quarries; Glyn Rhonwy and Chwarel Fawr.
The decision to apply for the change was reached after talks with the Department of Energy and Climate Change, and with potential construction company partners. Britain’s energy needs have evolved since the scheme was designed and the government has included storage within the 2014 Electricity Market Reform Act with the aim of helping to ensure that Britain does not suffer blackouts.
The higher output will enable the Glyn Rhonwy facility to enable play a larger role in the new market, making it even more useful in balancing supply and demand as the percentage of renewables supplying power to the UK’s electricity grid continues to increase. The facility is expected to achieve carbon payback in around six months.
The planning system treats a pumped storage scheme such as that at Glyn Rhowny in just the same way as a conventional power station – even though the two types of facilities are self-evidently very different.
Although Gwynedd Council having consulted other local stakeholders also gave their assent to the original scheme; under current planning law installations under 50 MW in output are determined by the relevant local authority, while those with outputs larger than 50 MW are determined by the UK Planning Inspectorate. The development will constitute a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP) under the Planning Act 2008 and SPH must apply to the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change for a Development Consent Order (DCO).
With construction work due to begin at the site next year, the application to amend the output of the scheme is being made to the UK Planning Inspectorate.
infrastructure.planningportal.gov.uk/wp-content/ipc/uploa...
County Hall (Welsh: Neuadd y Sir Rhuthun) is a municipal building in Wynnstay Road, Ruthin, Denbighshire, Wales. The structure is the headquarters of Denbighshire County Council.
The first public building in the town was the old court house in St Peter's Square which, in its current incarnation, dated back to 1421. It was succeeded by the old county hall in Record Street, which was designed by Joseph Turner as a record office for the Court of Great Sessions in Wales and completed in 1790. It was enhanced by the addition of a tetrastyle portico with Doric order columns supporting a modillioned pediment in 1866. The building also served in a judicial capacity as the venue for the courts of assize, with the justices meeting there on a regular basis. Following the implementation of the Local Government Act 1888, which established county councils in every county, Denbighshire County Council set up its headquarters in the building. However, by the early 20th century, the county leaders considered the building to be too small and decided to commission a more substantial structure.
The new building was designed by Walter Douglas Wiles in the neoclassical style, built in a combination of Eyarth stone and Runcorn stone and was completed in March 1909. The design involved a symmetrical main frontage on the corner of Market Street and Wynnstay Road. The corner bay featured a round headed doorway with a fanlight and voussoirs on the ground floor and a carved panel above; there were three small windows on the first floor separated by colonnettes; the bay was flanked by full-height Ionic order columns supporting a modillioned segmental pediment. The Market Street and Wynnstay Road elevations were decorated in a similar style with slightly projecting bays which featured tri-partite windows on the ground floor, windows separated by colonettes on the first floor and full-height pilasters supporting triangular pediments. Internally, the principal rooms were the council chamber and the offices for the county officers.
Following local government reorganisation in 1974, the building became the offices of Glyndŵr District Council and, following the creation of unitary authorities in 1996, it became the offices of the new Denbighshire County Council.
Most of the building was demolished in 2002, but retaining the main facades to Wynnstay Road and Market Street. A large modern building was then built behind the facade, with the works being procured under a private finance initiative contract. The works were undertaken by Ion Developments at a cost of £20 million and was completed in May 2004. In November 2015, the county council bought the developer out of its 25-year contract at a cost to the council of £17 million.
Ruthin is a market town and community in Denbighshire, Wales, in the south of the Vale of Clwyd. It is Denbighshire's county town. The town, castle and St Peter's Square lie on a hill, skirted by villages such as Pwllglas and Rhewl. The name comes from the Welsh rhudd (red) and din (fort), after the colour of sandstone bedrock, from which the castle was built in 1277–1284 The Old Mill, Ruthin, is nearby. Maen Huail, a registered ancient monument attributed to the brother of Gildas and King Arthur, stands in St Peter's Square.
The population at the 2001 census was 5,218, of whom 47 per cent were male and 53 per cent female. The average age was 43.0 years and 98.2 per cent were white. According to the 2011 census, the population had risen to 5,461. 68 per cent of which were born in Wales and 25 per cent in England. Welsh speakers account for 42 per cent of the town's population. The community includes the village of Llanfwrog.
There is evidence of Celtic and later Roman settlements in the area. However, little is known of the history of the town before the construction of Ruthin Castle was started in 1277 by Dafydd, the brother of prince Llywelyn ap Gruffudd. However, he forfeited the castle when he rebelled against King Edward I with his brother; Edward's queen, Eleanor, was in residence in 1281. The original name was Castell Coch yng Ngwern-fôr (Red Castle in the Sea Swamps). The Marcher Lord, Reginald de Grey, Justiciar of Chester, was given the Cantref (an administrative district) of Deffrencloyt (Dyffryn Clwyd, the Welsh for Vale of Clwyd), and his family ran the area for the next 226 years. The third Baron de Grey's land dispute with Owain Glyndŵr triggered Glyndŵr's rebellion against King Henry IV, which began on 16 September 1400, when Glyndŵr burned Ruthin to the ground, reputedly leaving only the castle and a few other buildings standing.
The Lord de Grey established a Collegiate Church in 1310. Now the Collegiate and Parish Church of St Peter, it dominates the Ruthin skyline. It has a double nave and boasts two medieval carved roofs. These days it is known for its musical tradition. It has a large choir of children and adults and a four-manual Wadsworth-Willis organ. Behind the church can be seen the old college buildings, school and Christ's Hospital.
A Ruthin native, Sir Thomas Exmewe was Lord Mayor of the City of London in 1517–1518.
The half-timbered Old Court House (built in 1401), on the square, features the remains of a gibbet last used to execute a Franciscan priest, Charles Meehan, also known as Mahoney. He was shipwrecked on the Welsh coast at a time when Catholicism was equated with treason – Meehan was hanged, drawn, and quartered in 1679. He was beatified by Pope John Paul II in 1987 as one of the Eighty-five martyrs of England and Wales.
During the English Civil War, the castle survived an eleven-week siege, after which it was demolished by order of Parliament. It was rebuilt in the 19th century as a country house, which has now been turned into the Ruthin Castle Hotel. From 1826 until 1921 the castle was the home of the Cornwallis-West family, members of Victorian and Edwardian high society.
In its 18th-century heyday as a town on drovers' routes from Wales into England, Ruthin was reputed to have "a pub for every week of the year". By 2007, however, there were only eleven pubs in the town. The public records of 23 October 1891 show 31 such establishments serving a population of 3,186; most have been converted into housing or shops. The Ruthin Union Workhouse was built in 1834.
The first copies of the Welsh national anthem, Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, were printed in what is now the Siop Nain tea and gift shop on Well Street.
In 1863 the Denbigh, Ruthin and Corwen Railway, which linked in Denbigh with the Vale of Clwyd Railway (later part of the London and North Western Railway, the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, and British Rail) reached the town. The route ran from Rhyl along the north coast through Denbigh and Ruthin to Corwen, before joining a route from Ruabon through Llangollen, Corwen and Bala to Barmouth. The railway and Ruthin railway station closed in 1963 under the Beeching Axe. The site of the station is now occupied by a large road roundabout (Brieg Roundabout) and the Ruthin Craft Centre, which opened in 1982, but was rebuilt and reopened in 2008.
Ruthin hosted the National Eisteddfod in 1868 and 1973. The Urdd National Eisteddfod visited Ruthin in 1992 and 2006.
The town's principal school is Ysgol Brynhyfryd (Brynhyfryd School), a comprehensive school for 11 to 18 year olds. Its Grade II listed building was built about 1830 as the home of local solicitor, before becoming in 1898 Ruthin County School for Girls. (The town's boys travelled five miles by train to Denbigh High School.) The school went co-educational in 1938, with feeder junior schools up to around six miles away. Building work in the 1950s and the early 1970s increased the number of pupils from 700 to 1000 in a few years, as the minimum school-leaving age rose from 15 to 16). In 2001–2002 the listed building became the Sixth Form Centre. The school's sports facilities, including the swimming pool, are used as the town's Leisure Centre. It also features a theatre and arts complex, Theatr John Ambrose, named after a headmaster of the school in the 1980s and 1990s. This was opened by the actor Rhys Ifans, a former pupil of Ysgol Pentrecelyn and Ysgol Maes Garmon in Mold, but brought up in Ruthin.
In 1574 Gabriel Goodman re-founded Ruthin School which was founded in 1284, making it one of the oldest private schools in the United Kingdom. In 1590, Goodman established Christ's Hospital for 12 poor persons around St Peter's Church on the square, and was Dean of Westminster for 40 years (1561–1601). Ruthin School is now a co-educational boarding and day school, with 227 pupils overall, 145 of them boarders in 2014. In September 2013, the school bought Ye Old Anchor, after its closure as a hotel in November 2012, and converted it into a boarding house for 30 upper sixth-form students.
Ruthin has daytime bus services on Mondays to Saturdays, with the last bus on most routes leaving between 5.30 and 7.30 pm. There is no service on Sundays or public holidays.[11] Routes serving Ruthin are Stagecoach 1 and 2 to Mold (1 via Llanarmon and Llanferres, 2 via Llanarmon, Graianrhyd, and Erryrys), X1 runs three times a day to Chester via Llanferres and Mold – frequency of the buses to Mold varies throughout the day between 30 minutes and 2 hours. Route X51 by Arriva runs basically hourly between Rhyl, St Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin, and Wrexham (Rhyl bus station is next to the railway station, providing Ruthin's most convenient access to the national rail network, while Wrexham railway station is a short distance from its bus station.) Route 55, by Llew Jones Coaches, operates to Corwen at intervals of 50–135 minutes through the day, with three buses extended to Llangollen, and two of these via Llangollen to Wrexham. Route 76, by M & H Coaches, runs six times a day between Denbigh and Ruthin via Llandyrnog, Llangynhafal, and Llanbedr DC; two of these also serve Llanfair DC, Graigfechan, and Pentrecelyn. Less regular services include a weekly route 71 on Fridays between Corwen, Cerrigydrudion, Ruthin, and Morrisons' supermarket in Denbigh, and route 72 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for Cyffylliog, Clocaenog, Bontuchel, Betws Gwerfil Goch, Melin-y-Wig, Derwen, and Clawddnewydd. Ruthin town has route 73, operating three buses a day around Ruthin on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The Ruthin railway line and station closed in the 1960s. They had connected Ruthin to Denbigh and Rhyl to the north and Corwen to the south.
In 1858, it was intended to extend the Vale of Clwyd line from Denbigh to Ruthin, running alongside the race-course in the town park (now Parc-y Dre housing) to the Station Hotel. However the West family prevented the line crossing the Castle Park towards Corwen. The route was diverted to the north alongside the road to Wrexham and the Station Hotel renamed the Park Place Hotel. Opposite Station Road lies Railway Terrace, a row of Grade II listed buildings, built in 1864 with evidence of trains running in a cutting in front. The first sod was cut in September 1860 by Mrs Florence West, with an inaugural service starting on St David's Day 1862. To mark this, a song was composed with words by T. Ab Gwilym, music by B. Williams and published by Isaac Clarke. The line ran 6.75 miles (10.9 km), with stations at Rhewl and Llanrhaiadr.
The local football club is Ruthin Town. In rugby union, Clwb Rygbi Rhuthun/Ruthin RFC has several teams: 1st XV, 2nd XV, 3rd XV, Youth, Juniors & Women's XV.
On 13 June 1981, Ruthin hosted the Annual General Meeting of the International Football Association Board, the body which determines the laws of football.
Facilities at Ruthin Leisure Centre on Mold Road include a swimming pool, sports hall and fitness suite. Llanfwrog Community Centre on Mwrog Street provides tennis courts, a golf driving range and bowling greens.
The first House of Correction, or Bridewell, was built at the bottom of Clwyd Street, next to the river, in 1654, to replace the Old Court House, where able-bodied idlers and the unemployed were sent to work. Following John Howard's investigations into prison conditions the Denbighshire justices resolved to build a new model prison in Ruthin on the site of the old Bridewell. Work began in January 1775. In 1802 the prison had four cells for prisoners and nine rooms for debtors. By 1837 it could hold 37 inmates. The Prisons Act of 1865 set new standards for the design of prisons – as the Ruthin County Gaol did not meet the standards, plans were drawn up for a new four-storey wing. The new prison for up to 100 prisoners was built in the style of London's Pentonville Prison at a cost of £12,000. On 1 April 1878 the Ruthin County Gaol became HM Prison Ruthin, covering the counties of Denbighshire, Flintshire, and Merionethshire. As far as is known, only one person was ever executed in the prison: William Hughes of Denbigh, aged 42, who was hanged on 17 February 1903 for the murder of his wife, his plea of insanity having failed. Another prison personality was John Jones, known as Coch Bach y Bala – who was a kleptomaniac and poacher who had spent more than half his 60 years in all the prisons of north Wales and many in England; he twice escaped from Ruthin Gaol, first on 30 November 1879 when he walked out of prison with three others while the staff were having supper – a £5 reward was offered for his capture, which happened on the following 3 January. On 30 September 1913 he tunnelled out of his cell and using a rope made out of his bedding he climbed over the roof of the chapel and kitchen and got over the wall; after seven days living rough on the Nantclwyd Estate several miles away, Jones was shot in the leg by one of his pursuers, 19-year-old Reginald Jones-Bateman. Jones died of shock and blood loss, while Jones-Bateman was charged with manslaughter, though the charges were subsequently dropped.
Ruthin Gaol ceased to be a prison in 1916, when the prisoners and guards were transferred to Shrewsbury. The County Council bought the buildings in 1926 and used them for offices, the county archives and the town library. During the Second World War they were used as a munitions factory. They were then returned to the County Council and became the headquarters of the Denbighshire Library Service. In 2004 the Gaol was renovated and reopened as a museum.[15]
Most Haunted: Midsummer Murders filmed the series' fifth episode in Ruthin, where the team investigated a Victorian Era murder. Locations included the Old Gaol and the town library.
The Craft Centre had ten studios occupied by crafters who could be watched while they worked at glass blowing, ceramic manufacture, painting, furniture restoration, etc. The original Craft Centre was demolished early in 2007, and a new Craft Centre opened in July 2008 in a £4.3 million scheme, which contains six craft workshops, larger galleries and an expanded craft retail gallery, two residency studios, an education space and a tourist information centre, and a restaurant.
Nantclwyd y Dre (previously known as Tŷ Nantclwyd), in Castle Street, was built about 1435 by a local merchant Gronw ap Madoc. The building was sold to the county council in 1982, restored from 2004, and opened to the public in 2007. It contains seven rooms which have been restored to represent various periods in the building's history. Visitors can also observe a colony of Lesser horseshoe bats in the attic rooms.
Behind the house are two gardens, the 13th-century inner garden and the outer Lord's Garden, itself believed to have been part of a 13th-century developed castle garden. Restored in the 18th century, Lord's Garden is now itself Grade II listed. In December 2013, the council successfully applied for a grant of £177,600 from the Heritage Lottery Fund, which will see Lord's Garden restored and opened to the public by 2015.
This is Ruthin's main park area, which includes a children's play area, a lake, walks and picnic area. A skate park was built in 2007 and a zip wire and trim trail added later. The River Clwyd runs through the park.
Gŵyl Rhuthun Festival was founded in 1994 and has been held annually since 1996. The festival is a week filled with events and performances held in various locations around the town, beginning with Ruthin Carnival. The pinnacle of the festival is the Top of Town event held on Ruthin’s historic town square on the last Saturday of the week.
According to the historian Peter Smith, "Until the 18th century most towns in Wales had many black-and-white houses (such as Tŷ Nantclwyd y Dre). Ruthin is the only example we have left. It should be carefully conserved, as the last memory we have of these towns." Seven Eyes is a Grade II* listed building of some importance, situated in St Peter's Square.
St Peter's Church is the parish church of Ruthin. It is in the diocese of St Asaph. Parts are as old as 1282.
The Myddleton Arms is also known as the Seven Eyes. It is said to have been built in the 14th century. The Dutch style design, long, steeped roof is attributed to Sir Richard Clough, an Elizabethan merchant. It has four tiers of dormer windows, each at a different elevation, known locally as the seven eyes of Ruthin. The property was acquired in 1595 by Sir Hugh Myddleton, who provided London with it first fresh water supply. The view of The Myddleton on the square is in fact of the rear of the building. The front looks out over the Clwydian Hills.
Formerly a confectionery and bakery shop rented by Thomas Trehearne, the property was owned by the Castle estate. The property also served as a chemist's shop and later as Dick's boot store. On 1 May 1898, Harris Jones took a lease of the property for 21 years as a draper, hosier, glover and dressmaker; he also sold oilcloths, linoleum and other floor coverings. The shop and house were put up for sale in the 1913 by the castle estate along with the Castle Hotel and the Myddleton Arms, which were purchased by William Owen. His lease expired in 1919 with Jones transferring to what is now Gayla House, where he converted the ground floor from residential to retail premises in 1923. The premises are now owned by the HSBC Bank.
Formerly the Beehive, this served for 75 years as general drapery and millinery shop. The exact date of the building is not known, but remains of timber framing with wattle and daub indicate that the building is very old. An advertisement claimed the building had been built before 1397. The main section of the building was demolished to make way for the bank. Ruthin Court Rolls refer to a man named Telemann in Ruthin and to a house "in the high St." The rolls record that in 1397, Howell de Rowell passed it on to John Le Sergant. Little is known of the family – possibly a retainer of Edward 1st or Reginald de Grey, probably of Norman French descent. On 24 February, Sergant transferred the tenancy to his daughter Sibilia. The property passed to the Exmewe family by the marriage of Sibilia to Richard Exmewe, their son Thomas being Lord Mayor of London in 1517. Little is known of Exmewe family.
Thomas moved to London, deciding to sell his Ruthin Estate of Exmewe House to a fellow mercer, Edward Goodman. Exmewe House or Nant Clwyd-y-Dre may have been the birthplace of Gabriel Goodman, as the family had connections with both properties.
Details of the next 200 years are unclear. It became the King's Arms in the occupation of John Price. It then became the Queen's Arms (during the reign of Queen Anne, 1702–1714). The property was purchased for £300 on 5 November 1718 by Robert Myddleton of Chirk. The property served as a chemist's through the 19th century until 1913. It was then sold as part of the Castle Estate sales in 1913/1919, for £1275 to Mr Lecomber, who in turn sold it to Barclays Bank, which modernised it to what can be seen today.
Now trading as the Celtic Hair Studio at 2 Well Street. Originally a public house, it was reputedly built in 1401, making it the oldest pub in Ruthin. Lewis Jones, in his 1884 "Handbook For Ruthin and the Vicinity", stated that the old property, formerly the Ruth Inn, had been adapted as a post office some 25 years before. It ceased trading in 1773. In 1850, the building was converted into a drapery, then becoming the town post office again until 1904.
The site of the present post office may have been a medieval Carmelite priory of White Friars, said to have been founded and built by Reginald de Grey and partly destroyed by the Reformation. De Grey also provided a large piece of land close to the castle known as Whitefriars. During the 1860s and 1870s the site housed the Queen's Head public house and a horse-feed chandler; both buildings were destroyed by a 1904 fire; the new post office was built in 1906.
Located at 33, 35 and 37 Clwyd Street opposite the gaol and now a florist, it was originally the Red Lion public house. In 1824 the hangman, Sam Burrows, was staying at the Red Lion on the night before the execution of John Connor, a highway robber. He gave a detailed demonstration of how he actually hanged a man, unfortunately the stool was accidentally kicked away and Burrows almost hanged himself. The public house ceased trading in 1905.
Now flats, the Royal Oak is one of the finest buildings in Ruthin, having three cruck frames, it is a Grade II* listed building.
At No. 65 Clwyd Street, this Grade II* listed building retains much of the medieval timber frame internally, the oak for which was felled in 1455 and 1456. Its original purpose is unknown, although it has a medieval arched doorway facing towards the 13th-century mill, and a 15th-century solar (private living quarters) with an open roof with cusped windbraces. It is said to have been converted for domestic use in 1586 and occupied by the Moyle family. A two-storey porch with glazed windows (previously described as a balcony) and internal timber panelling was added, possibly in 1655 when further alterations were made. The building was extensively altered in the 19th century, being converted partly into a shop. Porth y Dŵr originally formed a single building with No. 67 Clwyd Street (listed Grade II), and adjoined the medieval west gate to the town, which was demolished in 1786.
All buildings on Castle Street are listed by Cadw. These are the earliest settlements outside the walls of the castle. Some have burgage plots at the back, established by de Grey in 1283. The plots and linear arrangement have barely changed since their foundation.
While there were residential properties at the castle end of the street, commercial properties appeared at the end close to St Peters Square. The one exception was the pub Yr Iwerddon at No. 15. The house retains a name referring to its connection with Irish drovers attending markets and fairs.
Other establishments of interest include No. 1, now Boots, formerly the Raven Inn, which in 1560 may have been the birthplace of Bishop Richard Parry, pupil and master (1584) of Ruthin School. He was involved with Dean Gabriel Goodman and others in translating the Bible and prayer book into Welsh. The main contributor was Bishop William Morgan, but Parry's revision in 1620 became the accepted authorised version.
The Ruthin Royal Bowling Green used the Raven as their headquarters until the Cornwallis-Wests came to live in Ruthin Castle. The club met at the Raven for its annual and quarterly meetings. When competitions took place, the staff of the Raven would take "cwrw da" (good beer) to the players. With the arrival of the Wests, the bowling green laid out inside the curtilage of the castle forced the club to find an alternative green. The option accepted was the rear of No. 8 Castle Street "Gorphwysfa", then called the Constitutional Club, later renamed the Conservative Club.
No. 2. The Wine Vaults with a six-column Tuscan colonnade were 'known as the Black Horse in the 1820s. This is verified by the Welsh Office survey.
No. 7. Sir John Trevor House served as Totty's the Lawyers in the 1700s, later as an antique shop and tea shop, and finally as a private residence offering bed and breakfast accommodation. Sir John Trevor was Speaker of the House of Commons from 1690 to 1695, when he was dismissed for embezzlement. He was the only Speaker forced to resign, until the forced departure of Michael Martin on 19 May 2009.
"Gorphwysfa" was part of the Castle estate until sold off its owners in 1919. The Rifle Volunteer Corps founded in 1859 stored its armoury at the house until a drill hall was built in Borthyn in 1885. The property became the Conservative Club in November 1885.
No. 9, known as "Corwen", held the offices of Phillips the Attorney. It is now a private residence.
No. 11, Ardwyn, is a private residence on three storeys, formerly the offices of the attorneys Smarts.
No. 12, Plas-yn-Dre, cannot be dated accurately. It was rebuilt in 1823, as recorded by a stone above the front door. It housed the North and South Wales Bank. L. G. Thomas, prime mover in the founding the Presbyterian Church in Wynnstay Road in 1886, was bank manager and lived here.
Nos 16 and 18 are wooden-framed buildings with a 19th-century frontage. They formed part of the Castle estate sales of 1913 and 1919. They probably represent the first use of stucco in Ruthin.
The Old County Hall, now Ruthin Library, is a Grade II Listed Building in Record Street, originally named Stryd y Chwain (Welsh for Flea Street) due to its very low standard of living. The inferior housing was demolished to make way for the county court and much grander houses between 1785 and 1788. The present name reflects the storing of records from the assizes and shire hall. In 1860 it became the county court, with a portico added at that time. It served as an assize court and housed its records until the 1970s. The library opened in the early 1990s.
The police station is a Grade II listed building of 1890. Before it was built, the original one was housed in Ruthin Gaol. The new one gave convenient access to the courts. It contains four cells, which are no longer used, and a much reduced number of police officers.
Castle Mews, a Grade II listed building is now a shopping precinct. It dates back to the 15th century, with examples of wattle and daub just inside the building on the right hand side. Remodeled in the early 19th century, it became the Cross Keys coaching inn serving the Ruthin to Chester route, with a change of horses in Mold. It later became a temperance commercial hotel and was home to one of the three Ruthin Friendly Societies: groups of male workers of similar background who contributed small amounts on a weekly basis for insurance against injury and old age. At a later date it was the offices of Ruthin Rural District Council.
Nos 10 and 12, a late 18th-century family town house, is Grade II listed. It retained its late Georgian character until converted into today's boutique hotel and art gallery. The cellars are said to have been built of stone from Ruthin Castle. The building has had many uses: as a boarding house for Ruthin School until 1893, a doctors home, a family home, whose most famous resident was Cynthia Lennon, wife of John Lennon while their son Julian attended Ruthin School, a restaurant from the 1930s and a hotel. Today's hotel architecture and art have won several awards.
The Wynnstay Hotel And Wayfarer Wool Shop, two separate buildings, were once connected by an archway, through which coaches and horses entered to the rear of the properties, where there were stables. The present Wayfarers shop is shown in the title deeds as an outbuilding consisting of "an old saddle room, l with a room over and Gentleman's Convenience".
The Wynnstay Hotel, now a private house, is first recorded in 1549 and known for many years as the Cross Foxes, which formed the heraldic arms of the Wynnstay family, which originated from Wrexham. Its members boasted they could travel from Chester to the Llŷn Peninsula without once leaving their own land. It was an important coaching inn for Ruthin to Denbigh travellers and served the Ruthin, Mold and Chester Royal Mail service. The pub in its heyday had a bowling green and tennis courts, and a central porch demolished in 1969.
Plas Coch (also known as the Conservative Club) is a Grade II listed building of medieval origin and a former 17th-century town house. It was rebuilt in 1613 using red sandstone from the castle and became home to the castle Constable. The building has two storeys with attics and four large windows on each floor. In 1963 it became a banqueting hall owned by Rees Jones, who used to trade at the village hall in Llanfair. It became the Conservative Club in 1977, and having been slightly altered, now offers all-round function facilities.
The Spread Eagle recalls the coat-of-arms of the Goodwin family. Formerly an inn, records show it traded only from 1792 to 1915, after which it became a temperance hotel, then a retail shop.
Rose Cottage is a privately owned residence and a Grade II* listed building on the corner of Rhos Street and Haulfryn. It is listed as an "exceptional survival of a medieval cruck-framed hall-house of relatively low status, retaining its plan-form, character and detail".
Situated in the Corwen Road just past Ruthin Castle, Scott House was built 1933 to house the nursing staff of Duff House Sanatorium, which acquired Ruthin Castle and 475 acres (192 ha) of land for their private clinic in April 1923. The Grade II listed building set in landscaped grounds was later divided into flats.
Ruthin Town Hall is located in Market Street. It was designed by J. W. Poundley and D. Walker in the High Victorian Gothic style and completed in 1865.
Notable people
Ida de Grey (1368 in Ruthin Castle – 1426), a Cambro-Norman noblewoman
Sir Thomas Exmewe (ca.1454–1529), Lord Mayor of London 1517–18
Gabriel Goodman (1528–1601), Dean of Westminster, re-founded Ruthin School
Godfrey Goodman (1582/3 – 1656), Anglican Bishop of Gloucester.
Lloyd Kenyon, 1st Baron Kenyon (1732–1802), politician and barrister, went to Ruthin School.
Joseph Ablett (1773–1848), philanthropist, purchased Llanbedr Hall in Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd
Dorothea Eliza Smith (1804–1864), a botanical artist noted for painting South American fruit.
Daisy, Princess of Pless (1873 in Ruthin Castle – 1943), society beauty, wife of Prince Hans Heinrich XV von Hochberg
Wynn Edwards (1842–1900), American farmer and politician
Stanley J. Weyman (1855–1928), English novelist, lived in Ruthin for 33 years and died there.
Sir Henry Haydn Jones MP (1863–1950), politician, slate quarry owner, and owner of the Talyllyn Railway
Władysław Raczkiewicz (1885–1947), the first president of the Polish government in exile, died at Ruthin Castle.
Hafina Clwyd (1936–2011), journalist, town councillor, then mayor of Ruthin (2008–2009)
Cynthia Lennon (1939–2015), first wife of John Lennon, settled in Ruthin. Her son, musician Julian Lennon (born 1963) attended Ruthin School.
Robin Llwyd ab Owain (born 1959), author, poet, and Wikipedian, lives in Ruthin.
Rhys Meirion (born 1966), English National Opera classical tenor; taught near Ruthin
Actors Rhys Ifans (born 1967) and his brother Llŷr Ifans (born 1968) come from Ruthin.
Seren Gibson (born 1988), glamour model, attended Ysgol Brynhyfryd.
Sport
Eric Jones, 2019
John Challen (1863–1937), amateur sportsman, played first-class cricket and football
Charles Foweraker (1877–1950), football manager of Bolton Wanderers F.C. from 1919 to 1944
Eric Jones (born 1935), climber, skydiver and BASE jumper.
Doug Dailey MBE (born 1944), racing cyclist
Tom Pryce (1949–1977), Formula One racing driver
Eifion Lewis-Roberts (born 1981), rugby union player for Ruthin RFC, lives in Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd.
Rob Higgitt (born 1981), Scarlets rugby union centre, a former resident.
Neil Taylor (born 1989), footballer with 338 club caps and 43 for Wales, attended Ysgol Brynhyfryd.
Ruthin is situated on the River Clwyd, at the point where it enters the low-lying pastures of the Vale of Clwyd. The Clwydian Range lies to the east and the Clocaenog Forest and Denbigh Moors to the west.
By road, Ruthin is 8 miles (13 km) south-east of Denbigh, 12 miles (19 km) north of Corwen, 10 miles (16 km) west of Mold and 14 miles (23 km) east of Cerrigydrudion.
The nearest major urban centres are Wrexham at 17 miles (27 km), Rhyl at 18 miles (29 km), Chester at 23 miles (37 km) and Liverpool at 34 miles (55 km) to the north-east. Ruthin is skirted by villages such as Llanbedr Dyffryn Clwyd, Pwllglas and Rhewl.
Denbighshire is a county in the north-east of Wales. It borders the Irish Sea to the north, Flintshire to the east, Wrexham to the southeast, Powys to the south, and Gwynedd and Conwy to the west. Rhyl is the largest town, and Ruthin is the administrative centre. Its borders differ from the historic county of the same name.
Denbighshire has an area of 326 square miles (840 km2) and a population of 95,800, making it sparsely populated. The most populous area is the coast, where Rhyl (25,149) and Prestatyn (19,085) form a single built-up area with a population of 46,267. The next-largest towns are Denbigh (8,986), Ruthin (5,461), and Rhuddlan (3,709). St Asaph (3,355) is a city. All of these settlements are in the northern half of the county; the south is even less densely populated, and the only towns are Corwen (2,325) and Llangollen (3,658).
The geography of Denbighshire is defined by the broad valley of the River Clwyd, which is surrounded by rolling hills on all sides except the north, where it reaches the coast. The Vale of Clwyd, the lower valley, is given over to crops, while cattle and sheep graze the uplands. The Clwydian Range in the east is part of the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
This part of Wales contains the country's oldest known evidence of habitation – Pontnewydd (Bontnewydd-Llanelwy) Palaeolithic site has Neanderthal remains of some 225,000 years ago. The county is also home to several medieval castles, including Castell Dinas Brân, Denbigh, and Rhuddlan, as well as St Asaph Cathedral. Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod takes place in the town each July.
The main area was formed on 1 April 1996 under the Local Government (Wales) Act 1994, from various parts of the county of Clwyd. It includes the district of Rhuddlan (formed in 1974 entirely from Flintshire), the communities of Trefnant and Cefn Meiriadog from the district of Colwyn (entirely Denbighshire) and most of the Glyndŵr district. The last includes the former Edeyrnion Rural District, part of the administrative county of Merionethshire before 1974, covering the parishes of Betws Gwerfil Goch, Corwen, Gwyddelwern, Llangar, Llandrillo yn Edeirnion and Llansanffraid.
Other principal areas including part of historical Denbighshire are Conwy, which picked up the remainder of 1974–1996 Colwyn, the Denbighshire parts of 1974–1996 Aberconwy, and Wrexham, which corresponds to the pre-1974 borough of Wrexham along with most of Wrexham Rural District and several parishes of Glyndŵr. Post-1996 Powys includes the historically Denbighshire parishes of Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant, Llansilin and Llangedwyn, which formed part of Glyndŵr district.
Researchers have found signs that Denbighshire was inhabited at least 225,000 years ago. Bontnewydd Palaeolithic site is one of the most significant in Britain. Hominid remains of probable Neanderthals have been found, along with stone tools from the later Middle Pleistocene.
In 2021 February, archaeologists from Aeon Archaeology announced a discovery of over 300 Stone Age tools and artifacts in Rhuddlan. They revealed scrapers, microliths, flakes of chert (a hard, fine-grained, sedimentary rock composed of microcrystalline or cryptocrystalline quartz), flints and other rudimentary tools. An expert, Richard Cooke, believes the lithic remains belonged to ancient peoples, who while passing through the area, made camp by the river more than 9,000 years ago.
The eastern edge of Denbighshire follows the ridge of the Clwydian Range, with a steep escarpment to the west and a high point at Moel Famau (1,820 ft (555 m)), which with the upper Dee Valley forms an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley – one of just five in the Wales. The Denbigh Moors (Mynydd Hiraethog) are in the west of the county and the Berwyn Range adjacent to the southern edge. The River Clwyd has a broad fertile Vale running from south–north in the centre of the county. There is a narrow coastal plain in the north which much residential and holiday-trade development. The highest point in the historic county was Cadair Berwyn at 832 m or 2,730 ft), but the boundary changes since 1974 make Cadair Berwyn North Top the highest point. Denbighshire borders the present-day principal areas of Gwynedd, Conwy County Borough, Flintshire, Wrexham County Borough, and Powys.
Rhyl and Prestatyn form a single built-up area in the north of the county, with a population of 46,267. They are immediately adjacent to the Kinmel Bay and Abergele built-up area in neighbouring Conwy, and at the eastern end of series of coastal resorts which that also includes Colwyn Bay and Llandudno further west.
According to the 2021 United Kingdom census, Denbighshire's population was approximately 95,800. According to previous censuses, the population of Denbighshire was 93,734 in 2011 and 93,065 in 2001. The largest towns on the coast are Rhyl (2001 population c. 25,000) and Prestatyn (2001 population c. 18,000). According to the 2011 Census returns, 24.6 per cent stated they could speak Welsh.
Since the 20th-century demise of the coal and steel industries in the Wrexham area, there is no heavy industry in the county. Although most towns have small industrial parks or estates for light industry, the economy is based on agriculture and tourism. Much of the working population is employed in the service sector. The uplands support sheep and beef cattle rearing, while in the Vale of Clwyd dairy farming and wheat and barley crops predominate. Many towns have livestock markets and farming supports farm machinery merchants, vets, feed merchants, contractors and other ancillaries. With their incomes on the decline, farmers have found opportunities in tourism, rural crafts, specialist food shops, farmers' markets and value-added food products.
The upland areas with their sheep farms and small, stone-walled fields are attractive to visitors. Redundant farm buildings are often converted into self-catering accommodation, while many farmhouses supply bed and breakfast. The travel trade began with the arrival of the coast railway in the mid-19th century, opening up the area to Merseyside. This led to a boom in seaside guest houses. More recently, caravan sites and holiday villages have thrived and ownership of holiday homes increased. Initiatives to boost the economy of North Wales continue, including redevelopment of the Rhyl seafront and funfair.
The North Wales Coast Line running from Crewe to Holyhead is served by Transport for Wales and Avanti West Coast services. Trains leaving Crewe to pass through Chester, cross the River Dee into Wales, and continue through Flint, Shotton, Holywell Junction (closed in 1966), Prestatyn, Rhyl, and stations to Bangor and Holyhead, which has a ferry service to Ireland.
There are no motorways in Denbighshire. The A55 dual carriageway runs from Chester through St Asaph to the North Wales coast at Abergele, then parallel to the railway through Conwy and Bangor to Holyhead. The A548 run from Chester to Abergele through Deeside and along the coast, before leaving the coast and terminating at Llanrwst. The main road from London, the A5, passes north-westwards through Llangollen, Corwen and Betws-y-Coed to join the A55 and terminate at Bangor. The A543 crosses the Denbigh Moors from south-east to north-west, and the A525 links Ruthin with St Asaph.
There are local bus services between the main towns. Several services by Arriva Buses Wales run along the main coast road between Chester and Holyhead, linking the coastal resorts. Another route links Rhyl to Denbigh.
Denbighshire is represented in the House of Commons by three MPs. The Welsh Labour Party lost to the Welsh Conservatives in the 2019 general election for the first time.
The following MPs were elected from Denbighshire in 2019:
Simon Baynes (Welsh Conservatives) in Clwyd South, first elected in 2019.
David Jones (Welsh Conservatives) in Clwyd West, first elected in 2005.
James Davies (Welsh Conservatives) in Vale of Clwyd, first elected in 2019.
Denbighshire is also represented in the Senedd by three members elected in 2021:
Ken Skates (Welsh Labour) in Clwyd South, first elected in 2011
Darren Millar (Welsh Conservatives) in Clwyd West, first elected in 2007
Gareth Davies (Welsh Conservatives) in Vale of Clwyd, first elected in 2021.
In 2019, research by UnHerd in association with the pollster FocalData showed that most people across the county support the British monarchy.
Not very clear from the photo, but the two beachgoers farthest out were continuing in that direction.
WHERE THE BODIES ARE
Novelist Truman Capote (1924-1984) is immortalized now in Westwood Villages Memorial Park, Los Angeles, California.
Copyright (c) 2003 by The Globe Pequot Press
Photograph (c) 2003 by Patricia Brooks
A Beat Safari csapata (karácsonyra való telkintettel :D )
ezúttal Current Value-t látja vendégül!
▼ Current Value ▼
(Blackout NL, Critical Music, Subsistenz, TSM, MethLab)
Artist Profile : methlab-agency.com/agency/artist/current-value
Facebook : www.facebook.com/currentvalue
Soundcloud : twitter.com/TIMCURRENTVALUE
Website : www.currentvalue.eu/
▼ Midland Breakz - (UK) ▼
▼ Gosh - Highscore - (AT) ▼
▼ Konor - dnbnoise.com, wirsindcybo ▼
THE BEAT SAFARI CREW:
▼ SiN - Beat Safari, wirsindcybo ▼
▼ Khaist - Beat Safari ▼
▼ Stuy - Beat Safari ▼
▼ Mgl - Beat Safari ▼
▼ Mist - Beat Safari ▼
▼ Magematix - Beat Safari ▼
Deko: Goof Art Deko
JEGYEK A HELYSZÍNEN MÉG KAPHATÓK KORLÁTOZOTT SZÁMBAN:
- 3000 HUF
#Indy #Auto #Show #IndyAutoShow #Indianapolis #Indiana #jezevec #new #current #make #model #year #manufacturer #dealers #forsale #sell #industry #automotive #automaker #CAR #汽车 #汽車 #auto #automobile #voiture #αυτοκίνητο #車 #차 #carro #автомобиль #coche #otomobil #automòbil #automobilių #cars #motorvehicle #Automóvel #自動車 سيارة# #Automašīna אויטאמאביל# #automóvil #자동차 #自動車 #samochód #automóveis #bilmärke #தானுந்து #Bifreið #ავტომობილი #Automobili #Awto #Giceh 2010s #IndianapolisConventionCenter" #December2014 #newcar #brandnewcar #carshow #review #specs #photo #image #picture #photography #compare #carshow2016 #customer #stockphoto #shopper #shopping #buying NEW CAR "nuwe motor" "makinë të re" "سيارة جديدة" "新车" "nieuwe auto" "nouvelle voiture" "neues Auto" "nuova auto" "nuova auto" 新車 "carro novo" "carro novo" "coche nuevo" PHOTO "նոր ավտոմեքենան" "yeni avtomobil" "новы аўтамабіль" "নতুন গাড়ী" "novi automobil" "нова кола" "cotxe nou" "nový vůz" "ny bil" "nieuwe auto" "uue auto" "bagong kotse" "uusi auto" "מכונית חדשה" "mobil baru" "ಹೊಸ ಕಾರು" "새 차" "jaunu auto" "naujas automobilis" "шинэ машин" "ماشین جدید" "nowy samochód" "mașină nouă" "nové vozidlo" "novo vozilo" "gari mpya" "мошини нав" "புதிய கார்" "కొత్త కారు" "รถคันใหม่" "yeni araba" "yangi avtomobil" "xe mới" "car newydd" "נייַ מאַשין" "car entsha"
I've decided to photograph all of my current Blythe dolls, just as they are!
This is for my own reference as much as keeping a visual database.
Photos are unedited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Doll name: Gertrude
Base doll: Aztec Arrival BL
Customisation: Tiina
Wearing: Cosmia
Notes: I had an Aztec with the best curls around, I sold her but then bought her back. She was later customised by Tiina, as a sort of sister to Nancy's Miette (one of my all time favourite dolls). She has an old fashioned name, and is also my Mum's favourite Blythe of mine!
German Currents 2013
7th Annual Festival of German Film Los Angeles
presented by the Goethe-Institut Los Angeles and the American Cinematheque
with the support of Deutsche Welle, German Films, the Friends of Goethe and ELMA.
In cooperation with the Consulates General of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Opening Night.
October 4th -7th, 2013, Egyptian Theatre Hollywood
Spotted these dramatic-looking currents in Lough Derg. This is looking from Tipperary across to Clare, on the south eastern shores of the lough.
AGAINST THE CURRENT: IN OUR BONES WORLD TOUR
O2 SHEPHERDS BUSH EMPIRE
30/09/2016
For WITHDRUMSANDCOLOUR.COM
ROSE was built in 1997 by the Northwest School of Wooden Boat Building. This is Ray Speck's "Sid Skiff" design. Currently, as of 2014, she resides on the Olympic Peninsula and continues to be well cared for after plying the waters of central California. Her first owner was a student at the boat school, and was in the same class as she was built. ROSE was named after his Grandmother.
This Sid Skiff rows well, and her sprit sail is easy to manage in all points of wind. ROSE has the capability to exploration and adventure in magical places in all kinds of sea conditions. ROSE is truly a romantic. When you think "Magical Wooden Boat" you think of this boat.
ROSE's Official Song:
"Napoli" (Domenico Cascarino & Luca Lombardi Remix)
by Vitodito
ROSE's Specs:
BOAT:
Handmade wooden 13’ Sid Skiff. Constructed in June, 1998. Rigged for sprit sail. Two rowing stations. One set of wooden oars. Finish is NWSWB “Boat Sauce”
“ROSE” was built at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding (NWSWB).
Master Boatbuilder Ray Speck designed her and supervised all construction.
The following are her designed material and fastening specifications:
- Backbone: Oak
- Frames: Oak
- Planking: Western Red Cedar
- Fastenings: copper rivets, copper clench nails, and bronze screws and bolts
- Floor Boards: Douglas Fir
- Oarlocks: Bronze
- Thwarts: Mahogany or Douglas Fir
- Spars: Douglas Fir
- Trim: Mahogny
- Oars: Douglas Fir
- Pony Mast: Douglas Fir
- Finish: NWSWB “Boat Sauce”
SAIL:
75sf (+/-) Spritsail made of “NorthCloth” by Wayne Chimenti, Force 10 Sailmakers, Port Townsend, WA. All necessary rigging (sheet, snotter, halyard) are included.
Check Out The Daily Current Affairs In Tamil – 28.11.2018... It Helps You Crack The TNPSC Exam Easily . For More Info : weshineacademy.com/top-tnpsc-group-exam-coaching-centres-...
Current home to the Democrat and Chronicle, daily newspaper of Rochester, NY.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please do not use this photo or any part of this photo without first asking for permission, thank you.
____________________________________________
Own a Studio apartment in Al Reem Island starting from AED 5000 Per Month!
Are you staying in the city in old building, without facilities or free shaded parking space and you pay AED 70-75k annually!
If you are currently living in a 1/ bedroom apartment with all luxurious experience paying AED 90 to 95k as a market rate! Why not save accommodation expenses by living in an adequate Studio Apartment!
We are in La Casa Real Estate happy to assist you by offer a wide range of studios sizes available and ready to move in now on plot No.C6 at Hydra Avenue Residential project, City of Lights, in a growing community of Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi!, freshly handed over to their owners and ready for occupancy that offers all the needed facilities in a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle as following:
• Studios sizes between 424 to 556 S.qft offered for lease at AED 60-65k and for sale at AED 600K to 750k with approved property mortgage if you want to buy it and pay only AED 5000 as a monthly installment!
• Bigger studios sizes between 739 to 815 S.qft offered for lease starting from AED 70K – 75K and for sale starting from AED 800 to 950k with approved property mortgage if you want to buy it starting from only AED 7000 as a monthly installment!
• This offer is valid for the end users and for the investors as well with guaranteed of 8% net revenue on investment!
We also have offers for 1 and 2 BR apartments in Hydra Avenue C4 and C5 towers.
For more information or any inquiries, please contact:
Amr Al Shenawi - +971506936362
Hager Hassan - +971504284415
Al Reem Island Marina Square Marina Square Community Abu Dhabi Hydra Avenue Residents Al-Reef Al Raha Beach Al Raha Gardens Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates Emirates247 Abu Dhabi,UAE Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai City Dubai,UAE. UAE Investors Investors in People - UAE #alreemisland #LaCasa_Real_Estate #abudhabi #addax_commercial_tower #property_for_sale #visitabudhabi #uae #hydraavenue #skyscrapers #reemisland #ocean_terrace_tower #my_abudhabi #Marina_Square #we_abudhabi #Marina_Square_Community #Al_Reem_Island #Abu_Dhabi #City_of_lights #abudhabibest #instaabudhabi i #unitedarabemirates #alnahyan #photographabudhabi #simplyabudhabi #abudhabitag #my_auh #emirates #abudhabi_investors #BuyaProperty #inAbuDhabi