View allAll Photos Tagged complex
Location: Neckarstrasse 3 / Marktstrasse in Plochingen, Baden-Württemberg
Construction: 1991-1994
The complex is composed of 64 appartments of different sizes (1 to 5 rooms)
The tower called "Rain tower" (Regensturm in German) located in the middle of the complex is 33 high.
As this housing complex should "not disturb the traditional skyline of the town", the building is rather conventional on the outside, which is unlike other Hundertwasser houses. However, there is a single, significant tower in a style typical of Hundertwasser visible from outside the complex. The interior court evokes a typical Hundertwasser style. The courtyard also features a cafe. [wikipedia]
In October 1981, flying tiger ancient human remains from Guizhou Provincial Museum trial excavation, the accumulation of complex, broadly divided into early and late phases. Early formation of yellow or grayish yellow, unearthed panda, Stegodon fossils, stone products are made for the late Paleolithic culture era. Advanced formation is black, black, unearthed animal genetic pulp for extant species, and human mandibular and chipped stone, grinding stone, grinding bone, pottery and other large, geological time for the Holocene, culture in the age of the Neolithic age, that about 4000 years ago to 6000 years.
Unearthed stone products made a total of 532 pieces of raw materials, mainly to flint stone, there is, nuclear, stone etc.. The stone to stone, with the forward direction of processing processing, types of hit device, a scraper, tip like device and dolabriform etc.. The scraper accounted for 76%, tip like device is small but fine processing. The axe is a symbol of the transformation of Neolithic culture. 27 pieces of polished stone, delicate process, a stone axe, stone adzes, stone spinning wheels, stone scraper, stone arrow head, small stones (spear) 8. The number of stone adzes, regular shape, with long oblique cutting tool representative. 79 pieces of bone, in addition to the 1 pieces of grinding residual bone scraper, are making bone, bone and bone shovel cone. The three notches in the teeth may be scratching the porcupine symbol. In addition to pottery and ball spinning round round cake 1, the rest are all pieces of artifacts. 1494 tablets. The uneven thickness, thickness of 1.2 cm, thickness of only 0.2 cm, high temperature, hard texture. About 70% of sand pottery, pottery sand shale pottery class accounted for 30%, very little. Sand and sand are mainly sand. Pottery ornamentation is complicated, there are thick rope lines and Fang Gewen cone, tattoo, carved lines and lines and other additional cone. There are 3 pieces of pottery pottery, which has 1 pieces of orange powder is subjected to pottery coating inside and outside the grey clay, on the exterior is painted with two parallel red bands. This is the first time in Guizhou, Guizhou is also the earliest pottery record.
The site has a new and old stone formation, and the cultural connotation is rich. Pottery appear more attractive, but considerable differences in advanced culture. These have great significance to the study of the relationship between the new and the old stone culture in Guizhou and the time continuity of the times.
In February 23, 1982, the Guizhou Provincial People's Government approved the publication of the provincial cultural relics protection units. 1981年10月,飞虎山古人类遗址由贵州省博物馆试掘,洞内堆积复杂,大致分早、晚两期。早期地层呈黄色或灰黄色,出土大熊猫、剑齿象等化石,石制品均为打制,文化时代为旧石器时代晚期。晚期地层呈黑色、灰黑色,出土动物遗髓为现生属种,并出人类下颌件和打制石器、磨制石器、磨制骨器、大量的陶片等,地质时代为全新世,文化时代属新石器时代,推测距今约4000年至6000年。
遗址出土打制的石制品共532件,原料以燧石为主,有是核、石片、石器等。石器以石片为主,加工方向以正向加工为主,类型有砸器、刮削器、尖状器和斧形器等。其中刮削器占76%,尖状器虽少但加工精细。斧形器似为向新石器文化转化的象征。磨制石器27件,加工精致,有石斧、石锛、石纺轮、石刮刀、石箭(矛)头、小石块等8种。石锛数量多,形制规整,以长形斜刃具代表性。骨器79件,除1件残的磨制骨刮刀外,均为打制骨器,有骨锥和骨铲。其中豪猪牙上的三道刻痕可能是刻划符。陶器除圆饼式及圆珠纺轮各1件外,其余全是器物碎片。计1494片。其厚度不匀,厚者达1.2厘米,薄者仅0.2厘米,火候高,质地坚硬。夹砂灰陶约占70%,夹砂黑陶占30%,泥质类陶极少。夹砂陶以夹细砂为主。陶片纹饰复杂多样,有粗细绳纹、方格纹、锥刺纹、刻划纹和附加锥纹等。陶片中有3片彩陶,其中有1片是在泥质灰陶的内外施以粉澄色陶衣,再于外表绘有两条平行的红色条带。这是贵州首次发现,也是贵州迄今最早的彩陶记录。
遗址具有新、旧石器地层叠压,文化内涵丰富。彩陶的出现更引人瞩目,但中、晚期文化差异颇大。这些对研究贵州新、旧石器文化的相互关系和时代延续问题具有重要的意义。
1982年2月23日,经贵州省人民政府批准公布为省级文物保护单位。
corso italia complex, milano, italy 1949-1956
architect: luigi moretti, 1906-1973
post-war architecture in milan is strange - in the best possible way .
Het laatste Tsjechische metersporige trambedrijf, dat van Liberec, wordt sinds 1990 geleidelijk omgebouwd tot normaalspoor. In 2001 waren de stadslijnen klaar. Het laatst omgebouwde traject kreeg alleen normaalspoor, het overige deel is drierailig. De interlokale lijn naar Jablonec heeft nog smalspoor, maar is op de recent vernieuwde delen voorbereid voor normaalspoor.
De in- en uitrit van de remise is uiteraard drierailig uitgevoerd. Hier - maar ook elders in de stad - liggen wissels met drie tongen. Voorbij het wissel ligt een nog zeldzamere railconstructie, waar smalspoortrams van gezamenlijk gebruik van de rechter rail naar de linker rail overgaan. Deze constructie kan het zonder bewegende delen stellen: ook zonder wisseltong worden de wielstellen van een smalspoortram op het hartstuk naar links gedwongen. Zulke eigenaardigheden komen om de hoek kijken daar waar een drierailig systeem in twee richtingen bereden moet kunnen worden. Het alternatief is een vierrailige trambaan.
De uitrijdende gerenoveerde Tatra heeft voorop een rode sticker '1435'. De smalspoortrams hebben een blauwe sticker '1000'
The last Czech metre-gauge tramway network, that of Liberec, is in a conversion process to standard gauge since 1990. The urban lines were completed in 2001. The last reconstructed line is purely standard gauge, while the rest got three-rail track. The interurban line to Jablonec kept its narrow gauge track, but the recently renovated parts are prepared for standard gauge.
Of course, the depot entrance and exit have three-rail track with suiting points. Beyond the track switch is an even more uncommon device: a crossover for narrow gauge trams to change from right to left shared rail. It has no moving parts, because the left wheels force the right wheels to choose the right path on the switch diamond.
The renovated Tatra tram leaving the depot has a red tag '1435' on the front. Narrow gauge trams carry a blue version with the number 1000
名古屋で出会った観覧車との複合施設。観覧車の営業が終了していたおかげで長秒でもブレずに撮影できました。
CANON EOS 7D + EF-S10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM
#cooljapan #nagoya #architecture #サンシャイン栄
PictionID:44030392 - Title:Atlas 16E Details: Prelaunch 16E; Complex 13-AMR Date: 03/24/1961 - Catalog:14_009531 - Filename:14_009531.TIF - - - - Image from the Convair/General Dynamics Astronautics Atlas Negative Collection---Please Tag these images so that the information can be permanently stored with the digital file.---Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum
A wider view of the space station and multiple smoke stacks.
'Industrial Complex' best viewed large on black.
A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket with NASA’s Mars 2020 Perseverance rover onboard launches from Space Launch Complex 41 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Thursday, July 30, 2020, from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The Perseverance rover is part of NASA’s Mars Exploration Program, a long-term effort of robotic exploration of the Red Planet. Photo Credit: (NASA/Joel Kowsky)
The total complex area is 9,000 square meters. It offers residents and city guests a universal sports hall for team sports, gym and swimming pool. Innopolis is a new Russian city, located in the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. The city’s economy is based on high-tech industries.
The Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, originally Cincinnati Union Terminal, is a mixed-use complex in the Queensgate neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio, United States. Once a major passenger train station, it went into sharp decline during the postwar decline of railroad travel. Most of the building was converted to other uses, and now houses museums, theaters, and a library, as well as special travelling exhibitions. Since 1991, it has been used as a train station once again.
Built in 1933, it is a monumental example of Art Deco architecture, for which it was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1977.
Cincinnati was a major center of railroad traffic in the late 19th and early 20th century, especially as an interchange point between railroads serving the Northeastern and Midwestern states with railroads serving the South. However, intercity passenger traffic was split among no fewer than five stations in Downtown Cincinnati, requiring the many travelers who changed between railroads to navigate local transit themselves. The Louisville and Nashville Railroad, which operated through sleepers with other railroads, was forced to split its operations between two stations. Proposals to construct a union station began as early as the 1890s, and a committee of railroad executives formed in 1912 to begin formal studies on the subject, but a final agreement between all seven railroads that served Cincinnati and the city itself would not come until 1928, after intense lobbying and negotiations, led by Philip Carey Company president George Crabbs. The seven railroads: the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad; the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad; the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railway; the Louisville and Nashville Railroad; the Norfolk and Western Railway; the Pennsylvania Railroad; and the Southern Railway selected a site for their new station in the West End, near the Mill Creek.
The principal architects of the massive building were Alfred T. Fellheimer and Steward Wagner, with architects Paul Philippe Cret and Roland Wank brought in as design consultants; Cret is often credited as the building's architect, as he was responsible for the building's signature Art Deco style. The Rotunda features the largest semi-dome in the western hemisphere, measuring 180 feet (55 m) wide and 106 feet (32 m) high.
The Union Terminal Company was created to build the terminal, railroad lines in and out, and other related transportation improvements. Construction in 1928 with the regrading of the east flood plain of the Mill Creek to a point nearly level with the surrounding city, a massive effort that required 5.5 million cubic yards of landfill. Other improvements included the construction of grade separated viaducts over the Mill Creek and the railroad approaches to Union Terminal. The new viaducts the Union Terminal Company created to cross the Mill Creek valley ranged from the well built, like the Western Hills Viaduct, to the more hastily constructed and shabby, like the Waldvogel Viaduct. Construction on the terminal building itself began in 1931, with Cincinnati mayor Russell Wilson laying the mortar for the cornerstone. Construction was finished ahead of schedule, although the terminal welcomed its first trains even earlier on March 19, 1933 when it was forced into emergency operation due to flooding of the Ohio River. The official opening of the station was on March 31, 1933. The total cost of the project was $41.5 million.
During its heyday as a passenger rail facility, Cincinnati Union Terminal had a capacity of 216 trains per day, 108 in and 108 out. Three concentric lanes of traffic were included in the design of the building, underneath the main rotunda of the building: one for taxis, one for buses, and one (although never used) for streetcars. However, the time period in which the terminal was built was one of decline for train travel. By 1939, local newspapers were already describing the station as a white elephant. While it had a brief revival in the 1940s, because of World War II, it declined in use through the 1950s into the 1960s.
After the creation of Amtrak in 1971, train service at Cincinnati Union Terminal was reduced to just two trains a day, the George Washington and the James Whitcomb Riley. Amtrak abandoned Cincinnati Union Terminal the next year, opening a smaller station elsewhere in the city on October 29, 1972.
Credit for the data above is given to the following website:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Museum_Center_at_Union_T...
I found PoIC is not just bottom-up system. Feed back from the obtained knowledge affect emerging new index cards as top-down.
Social example : MIT Open Course Ware @ YouTube
Central Java R-trip Episode 02 - Lawang Sewu
Lawang Sewu ("Thousand Doors") is a landmark in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia, built as the headquarters of the Dutch East Indies Railway Company. The colonial era building is famous as a haunted house, though the Semarang city government has attempted to rebrand it.
Lawang Sewu was designed by Cosman Citroen, from the firm of J.F. Klinkhamer and B.J. Quendag. It was designed in New Indies Style, an academically-accepted term for Dutch Rationalism in the Indies. Similar with Dutch Rationalism, the style is the result of the attempt to develop new solutions to integrate traditional precedents (classicism) with new technological possibilities. It can be described as a transitional style between Traditionalists and the Modernists, and was strongly influenced by the design of Berlage.
Construction began in 1904 with A building, which was completed in 1907. The rest of the complex was finished in 1919. It was initially used by the Nederlandsch-Indische Spoorweg Maatschappij, the first railway company in the Dutch East Indies.
After the Japanese invaded Indonesia in 1942, the Japanese army took over Lawang Sewu. The basement of B building was turned into a prison, with several executions taking place there. When Semarang was retaken by the Dutch in the battle of Semarang in October 1945, the Dutch forces used the tunnel leading into A building to sneak into the city. A battle ensued, with numerous Indonesian fighters dying.Five employees working there were also killed.
After the war, the Indonesian army took over the complex. It was later returned to the national railway company. In 1992 it was declared a Cultural Property of Indonesia.
Source:Wikipedia.
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft launched from Launch Complex 40 at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida, for their fifth official Commercial Resupply (CRS) mission to the orbiting lab on Saturday, January 10 at 4:47am EST. Dragon returned to Earth four-and-a-half weeks later with a parachute-assisted splashdown off the coast of southern California. Dragon is the only operational spacecraft capable of returning a significant amount of supplies back to Earth, including experiments.
The bath complex was built between 1912 and 1918 in the (Secession) Art Nouveau style. It was damaged during World War II but then rebuilt. References to healing waters in this location are found from as early as the 13th century. A hospital was located on this site during the Middle Ages. During the reign of the Ottoman Empire, baths were also built on this particular site. The "magical healing spring" was used by the Turkish during the 16th and 17th centuries. The bath was called Sárosfürdő ("muddy" bath) because the mineral mud settled at the bottom of pools.
The police station complex was built in 1892 - 1893 and consisted of a Magistrate's Court Room, Courthouse, Strong Room, and Residence for the Officer in Charge, Charge Room, Single Men's Quarters, Cells, and Stables. It cost 1800 to construct and replaced the original Police Station and Cells that had been built in Bridges Street in 1881 - 1882.
The Police took charge of this building on the 16th of May 1893. A new Magistrates Room was built in 1902 and the Police Station was extended in 1926. The Court sat for the first time on Friday the 13th October 1893 and was noted as being the fourth one in the colony.
Sgt Wright was Peterborough's most famous police officer, known as the 'Swagman's Friend'. He built a shelter shed for men passing through town looking for work in the 1930s. In 12 months, he arranged comfort, food, and shelter to 3272 travellers.
The Police Station and Courthouse is still used by the South Australian Police Department but is not available for inspection.
Peterborough, South Australia:
Peterborough was part of the Eldoratrilla Run from 1851 until the Hundred of Yongala was broken up for selection in 1871. Farm land was taken up in 1875 by a group of German settlers; Peter Doecke (after whom the town was named), Johann Koch, and Herman Rohde.
In 1880, while the railway was under construction from Port Pirie, Koch surveyed his land into town allotments and named it Petersburgh. The coast railway arrived from Port Pirie through Jamestown in February 1881, and the inland line from Burra through Terowie connected with it in May 1881, so within months of its foundation Petersburg - as the Post Office and South Australian Railways insisted on spelling it - became a major railway junction.
The town rose to prominence very quickly, and has remained the major population centre in the eastern half of the region. From its early development, Petersburg became a classic railway town in layout - like Gladstone and Quorn - with its main street parallel to the railway, and its principal hotels, banks, and commercial buildings clustered opposite the railway station. Petersburg's growth was assisted by the extension of the railway to Broken Hill in 1887, and by the construction of the Transcontinental Railway to Perth and the
Ghan line to Alice Springs in the early twentieth century, making it a strategic hub of the national railway network.
Under Railways Commissioner William Webb, a large railway maintenance workshop was built at Petersburg, and a suburb of railway workers housing went up at the western end of town, using innovative cast concrete construction techniques developed by Adelaide builder Walter Torode.
In 1918 the Nomenclature Committee renamed the town Peterborough, oblivious to the irony that its German founder had originally given it an English name, and it had only been
made to look German by a bureaucratic mis-spelling. During the 1930s depression, a gold crushing battery was built at Peterborough to encourage local mining. The town has lost most of its railway function since the 1970s, but remains an important regional centre.
Source: District Council of Peterborough, Heritage Of the Upper North, Volume 6 - District Council of Peterborough, page 115.
NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket with the Orion spacecraft aboard is seen atop a mobile launcher at Launch Complex 39B in this view of the Vehicle Assembly Building and the Rocco A. Petrone Launch Control Center, Sunday, April 3, 2022, as the Artemis I launch team conducts the wet dress rehearsal test at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Ahead of NASA’s Artemis I flight test, the wet dress rehearsal will run the Artemis I launch team through operations to load propellant, conduct a full launch countdown, demonstrate the ability to recycle the countdown clock, and drain the tanks to practice timelines and procedures for launch. Photo Credit: (NASA/Joel Kowsky)
Frank Lewis and fellow MMC shop workers apply the vinyl decals to the 4109 shortly after it was delivered from Hoboken. The decals were placed on the locomotive as closely as possible to the original EMD paint diagrams.
Unassigned @ Meadows Maintenance Complex, Kearny, NJ
NJTR GP40PH-2 4109
SpaceX’s Crew Dragon, named Endeavour, is lifted and mated to the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket at NASA Kennedy Space Center’s Launch Complex 39A beginning April 13, 2021. Endeavour was transported to the Launch Complex 39A integration hangar on April 12, after making the trek from its processing facility at nearby Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. NASA astronauts Shane Kimbrough and Megan McArthur, JAXA astronaut Akihiko Hoshide, and ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet will fly to the International Space Station on NASA’s SpaceX Crew-2 mission. Liftoff is set for Thursday, April 22, at 6:11 a.m. EDT. Photo credit: SpaceX