View allAll Photos Tagged built
Built between 1868 and 1888, this Second Empire and Renaissance Revival-style building was designed by Alfred H. Piquenard of the Chicago-based architecture firm Cochrane and Garnsey to serve as the Illinois State Capitol, replacing the then-31 year old former state capitol in the middle of Downtown Springfield, which had become inadequately sized for the rapidly growing population of the state. The 361 foot (110 meter) tall building, the tallest non-skyscraper legislative building in the United States, is the sixth building to serve as the Illinois State House. The capitol stands on the tallest natural point of land within the city of Springfield, and is the most prominent feature of the skyline of the city. The building features limestone exterior walls, with mansard and gabled roofs and a dome clad in zinc, a tall drum with arched and oxeye window bays, a lantern atop the dome, corinthian columns and pilasters, rustication at the base of the building, double-hung windows, two-story porticoes at the eastern and northern facade of the building, porticoes at the lower level of the drum below the dome, stone balustrades, and dormers at the mansard roofs. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. The building was restored and had its systems updated during a renovation in 2011, and as of 2023, is undergoing a major renovation to its north wing, which will restore this portion of the building and further update the building’s internal systems.
Built ca. 1875, following the destruction of the previous 1873 wood-frame Denver & Rio Grande Railroad depot.
Littleton, Colorado is a suburban community located to the south of Denver. It serves as the seat of Arapahoe County.
Built in 1851, the Unitarian Universalist Church resides on the west side of Troup Square. Closed by force prior to the Civil War for their abolitionist beliefs, the Unitarian Universalist Church was reclaimed in 1997 and stands today. The Reverend John Pierpont Jr., the founding minister of the Savannah church, had a brother, James, who was the organist and choir director, and is credited with the song “Jingle Bells.”
Built in the USA in 1976 and delivered to Spain as EC-DAC. Transferred to the UK register as G-GDAC on 14Jul15.
Crewe built Class 47643 in the workshops at Bo'ness was saved for preservation after being withdrawn at Inverness in April 1992. Spent most of its service in Scotland apart from a spell at Gateshead.Entered traffic in October 1965 and allocated Haymarket. renumbered under tops to 47269 then 47643 in 1986 when allocated to Eastfield. A sobering thought it has been in preservation longer than in service with BR.
Built for Andromeda's Gates on Eurobricks. Check it out! www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=171
"The East Block (officially the Eastern Departmental Building; French: Édifice administratif de l'est) is one of the three buildings on Canada's Parliament Hill, in Ottawa, Ontario, containing offices for parliamentarians, as well as some preserved pre-Confederation spaces.
Built in the Victorian High Gothic style, the East Block is, along with the Library of Parliament, one of only two buildings on Parliament Hill to have survived mostly intact since original construction. Though not as renowned as the Centre Block of parliament, the East Block formerly appeared on the face of the Journey Series design of the Canadian hundred-dollar bill. The East Block is open to the public for tours in July and August.
Designed by Thomas Stent and Augustus Laver, the East Block is an asymmetrical structure built in the Victorian High Gothic style, with load bearing masonry walls— being nearly 0.9 m (3 ft) thick at the ground level, expanding to 2.1 m (7 ft) thick at the base of the main tower. These are all clad in a rustic Nepean sandstone exterior and dressed stone trim around windows and other edges, as well as displaying a multitude of stone carvings, including gargoyles, grotesques, and friezes, keeping with the style of the rest of the parliamentary complex.
This detail continues on the interior of the East Block, where emblems, such as wheat sheaves, were carved in stone originally to indicate the various government departments housed nearby. The level of quality and luxury of the offices initially indicated the status of the inhabitant: large, wood panelled chambers with marble fireplaces and richly decorated plaster ceilings served for ministers of the Crown; intricate, but somewhat less detailed cornices were sufficient for senior bureaucrats; and basic, machine-made woodwork and concrete fireplace mantles filled rooms set aside for clerks. Though much of the original decor has been retained or restored, the spaces have been reorganized so that the East Block now houses, as well as ministers, members of parliament, senators, and parliamentary administrators. Corridors and entranceways are also lit by windows filled with stained glass, and contemporary adaptations of the original gas fixtures adorn the walls. Beneath the decor stand 0.6 m (2 ft) wide, double-wythe masonry partitions with a rubble fill core, and concrete floors more than 0.3 m (1 ft) thick.
The main historic spaces in the East Block are restored to reflect the period around 1872. The former office of the Governor General of Canada contains its original furnishings, and the woodwork, fireplace, and plasterwork are finished as they would have been just a decade after Confederation. The office that had been occupied by Sir John A. Macdonald contains a blue-grey Arnprior marble mantle, and the Prime Minister's furniture occupies the room. The previous Queen's Privy Council for Canada chamber holds a reproduction of the original table made at Upper Canada Village, above which hangs the same chandelier that hung there before the Second World War.
Parliament Hill (French: Colline du Parlement), colloquially known as The Hill, is an area of Crown land on the southern bank of the Ottawa River that houses the Parliament of Canada in downtown Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It accommodates a suite of Gothic revival buildings whose architectural elements were chosen to evoke the history of parliamentary democracy. Parliament Hill attracts approximately three million visitors each year. The Parliamentary Protective Service is responsible for law enforcement on Parliament Hill and in the parliamentary precinct, while the National Capital Commission is responsible for maintaining the nine-hectare (22-acre) area of the grounds.
Development of the area, which in the 18th and early 19th centuries was the site of a military base, into a governmental precinct began in 1859 after Queen Victoria chose Ottawa as the capital of the Province of Canada. Following several extensions to the Parliament and departmental buildings, and a fire in 1916 that destroyed the Centre Block, Parliament Hill took on its present form with the completion of the Peace Tower in 1927. In 1976, the Parliament Buildings and the grounds of Parliament Hill were designated as National Historic Sites of Canada. Since 2002, an extensive $3 billion renovation-and-rehabilitation project has been underway throughout the precinct's buildings that is expected to be completed after 2028.
Ottawa (/ˈɒtəwə/, /ˈɒtəwɑː/; Canadian French: [ɔtawɑ]) is the capital city of Canada. It is located in the southern portion of the province of Ontario, at the confluence of the Ottawa River and the Rideau River. Ottawa borders Gatineau, Quebec, and forms the core of the Ottawa–Gatineau census metropolitan area (CMA) and the National Capital Region (NCR). As of 2021, Ottawa had a city population of 1,017,449 and a metropolitan population of 1,488,307, making it the fourth-largest city and fourth-largest metropolitan area in Canada.
Ottawa is the political centre of Canada and the headquarters of the federal government. The city houses numerous foreign embassies, key buildings, organizations, and institutions of Canada's government; these include the Parliament of Canada, the Supreme Court, the residence of Canada's viceroy, and Office of the Prime Minister.
Founded in 1826 as Bytown, and incorporated as Ottawa in 1855, its original boundaries were expanded through numerous annexations and were ultimately replaced by a new city incorporation and amalgamation in 2001. The municipal government of Ottawa is established and governed by the City of Ottawa Act of the Government of Ontario. It has an elected city council across 24 wards and a mayor elected city-wide.
Ottawa has the highest proportion of university-educated residents among Canadian cities and is home to several colleges and universities, research and cultural institutions, including the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Algonquin College, Collège La Cité, the National Arts Centre, the National Gallery of Canada; and numerous national museums, monuments, and historic sites. It is one of the most visited cities in Canada, with over 11 million visitors annually contributing more than $2.2B to the city's economy." - info from Wikipedia.
Late June to early July, 2024 I did my 4th major cycling tour. I cycled from Ottawa to London, Ontario on a convoluted route that passed by Niagara Falls. during this journey I cycled 1,876.26 km and took 21,413 photos. As with my other tours a major focus was old architecture.
Find me on Instagram.
Feel free to make a donation if you appreciate my photos.
Built in 1809, is an active Conservative Congregational church with 2,000 in Sunday attendance and around 1,000 members.
Built in 1899 the Metropolitan Opera House in Iowa Falls, Iowa is now a movie theater. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Built in 1942 as a trainer or the US Army Air Force as 41-15687. On to the US civil register as N58612. Transferred on 20oct08 to the UK register as G-RLWG.
Based at Breighton Aerodrome in North Yorkshire with the Real Aeroplane Company.
Built in 1832, the Georgian-style Stone Store was originally a Missionary Society warehouse but assumed various roles including a trading post, library, barracks and boys’ school.
Kerikeri, NZ
Built c1870, the house was used for the filming of "The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking" in 1987. Located in Old Town (Fernandina) on Amelia Island.
Built in 1884 after the steamship Tararua wrecked nearby in 1881 with 131 killed. The hexagonal wooden tower is 44 feet tall painted white with red trim. Five white flashes are displayed every 20 seconds.
Located at the south end of the South Island about 7 miles south of Otara to guide vessels through a narrow passage between South Island and Ruapuke Island.
In the depth of space, a pterodactyl like creature lies in wait for lone space travelers. After the monster’s victims have been pierces by its elongated tongue, the beastly bird waits in the shadows for its next victim.
This MOC was built for Space Jam 2021 Sci-Fi Horror category.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Built in France in 1971. Delivered new to the UK register as G-AYTA on 19Feb71. PWFU on 12May93 after the discovery of corrosion in the wings.
Built for the Lego Fan exhibition:
"7. Berliner Steinewahn".
The audience should guess what german proverb it is.
Specification for the Moc: 16x 16 studs.
No framework.
Two studs free in the front for the number.
Gebaut für den 7.Berliner Steinewahn.
Die Zuschauer sollten deutsche Sprichwörter erraten.
Vorne rechts kam die Nummerierung hin.
España - Ciudad Real - Viso del Marqués - Palacio del Marqués de Santa Cruz
***
ENGLISH:
It was built at the end of the 16th century by Álvaro de Bazán, first Marquis of Santa Cruz. It is currently the headquarters of the General Archive of the Navy.
It is one of the two palaces built by this sailor, knight of the Order of Santiago, captain of the Ocean Sea and admiral of the Spanish Navy. It is located next to the church of Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, and since 1948 it has been rented by its owners, the Marquises of Santa Cruz, to the Spanish Navy, who first used it as a Museum of the Spanish Navy and later expanded its functions by also establishing the General Archive of the Navy.
The building was frequented by the first marquis thanks to its location, halfway between Madrid, where the Court was, and Seville, whose port he often went to as the Spanish Navy was anchored there, of which he was admiral during the reign of Philip II.
The palace was nearly destroyed by the Austrian troops of Edward Hamilton during the War of the Spanish Succession at the beginning of the 18th century, but was saved by the actions of the Marquis's chaplain, the poet Carlos de Praves, thanks to whom we can admire it today. It suffered some damage due to the Lisbon earthquake in 1755, which collapsed the ceiling of the hall of honour, where the great fresco depicting the Battle of Lepanto had been painted, and toppled the four corner towers, which the chronicles of Philip II described as magnificent.
In it we can find maritime objects from the period. A figurehead belonging to a ship commanded by the Marquis is noteworthy. During the War of Independence, the French razed it, and by the time the Civil War came it had served as a granary, school, stable, prison and hospital, until in 1948 and at the request of Julio Guillén Tato, director of the Naval Museum, Mrs. Casilda de Silva Fdez. de Henestrosa, descendant of Álvaro de Bazán, rented it to the Navy for 90 years as a museum-archive, which is its current function. Also, in the adjoining parish church there is a 4m long stuffed crocodile attached to one of the vaults, which was offered by the Marquis as a votive offering upon his return from one of his voyages.
Between March and April 1823, King Ferdinand VII spent the night there, after leaving Madrid for Seville, before the entry of the French contingent called the Hundred Thousand Sons of Saint Louis, about whose stay Ferdinand VII did not write a word in his travel diary. The palace was declared a National Monument in 1931 and was restored from 1948 by the Navy under the direction of Admiral Guillén.
The palace was built between 1564 and 1586 with subsequent modifications. It is a square-shaped building in the Renaissance style, built around a Renaissance atrium with a recumbent tomb. The walls and ceilings are covered with frescoes with two themes: mythological scenes on the one hand and naval battles and Italian cities related to the military career of the Marquis and his family on the other. The frescoes are by Italian Mannerist painters, the Péroli family. Upon seeing them, Philip II commissioned them to do work for El Escorial and the Alcázar of Toledo.
For its construction, the Marquis hired a team of architects, painters and decorators who worked on the building from 1564 to 1586. For some, the design of the building was due to the Italian Giovanni Battista Castello, known as the Bergamasco, who later worked in El Escorial; for others, it was designed, at least in its original plan, by Enrique Egas el Mozo.
The architecture is perceived as typically Spanish, without Italian arches, with smooth walls and square towers at the corners, influenced by the austerity of El Escorial and the Alcázar of Toledo, within the harmonious relationships characteristic of the Renaissance. The central space is occupied by a porticoed courtyard that, together with the staircase, forms a typically mannerist ensemble understood as an elegant and courtly style that goes beyond the merely architectural framework.
***
ESPAÑOL:
Fue construido a finales del siglo XVI por Álvaro de Bazán, primer marqués de Santa Cruz. Actualmente es la sede del Archivo General de la Marina.
Se trata de uno de los dos palacios construidos este marino, caballero de la Orden de Santiago, capitán del Mar Océano y almirante de la Marina española. Está situado al lado de la iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, y desde el año 1948 es alquilado por parte de sus propietarios, los marqueses de Santa Cruz, a la Armada Española, quien primero lo destinó a Museo de la Marina Española y más tarde amplió sus funciones estableciendo también el Archivo General de la Marina.
El edificio era frecuentado por el primer marqués gracias a su ubicación, a medio camino entre Madrid, donde estaba la Corte, y Sevilla, a cuyo puerto acudía a menudo al mantener allí anclada la Armada Española, de la cual fue almirante durante el reinado de Felipe II.
El palacio estuvo a punto de ser destruido por las tropas austracistas de Edward Hamilton durante la Guerra de Sucesión Española a principios del siglo XVIII, salvándose por la actuación del capellán del marqués, el poeta Carlos de Praves, gracias a lo cual hoy podemos admirarlo. Sufrió algunos daños a causa del terremoto de Lisboa en 1755: el cual hundió el techo del salón de honor, donde se había pintado el gran fresco que representaba la batalla de Lepanto, y desmochó las cuatro torres de las esquinas, que las crónicas de Felipe II describían como magníficas.
En él podemos encontrar objetos marineros de la época. Llama la atención un mascarón de proa perteneciente a una nave que dirigió el marqués. Durante la Guerra de la Independencia, los franceses lo arrasaron, y para cuando llegó la Guerra Civil había servido de granero, colegio, establo, cárcel y hospital, hasta que en 1948 y a instancias de Julio Guillén Tato, director del Museo Naval, doña Casilda de Silva Fdez. de Henestrosa, descendiente de Álvaro de Bazán se lo rentó a la Armada por 90 años como museo-archivo, que es en la actualidad su función. Asimismo, en la iglesia parroquial aledaña hay un cocodrilo disecado de 4m de largo adosado a una de las bóvedas, que fue ofrecido por el marqués como exvoto al regreso de uno de sus viajes.
Entre marzo y abril de 1823, el rey Fernando VII pernoctó allí, tras abandonar Madrid rumbo a Sevilla, ante la entrada del contingente francés llamado los Cien Mil Hijos de San Luis, de cuya estancia Fernando VII no escribió ni una palabra en su diario del viaje. El palacio fue declarado Monumento Nacional en 1931 siendo restaurado a partir de 1948 por la Armada bajo la dirección del Almirante Guillén.
El palacio fue construido entre 1564 y 1586 con modificaciones posteriores, y se trata de un edificio de planta cuadrada y estilo renacentista articulado en torno a un atrio renacentista con una tumba yacente. Los muros y techos se hallan cubiertos de frescos de doble temática: por un lado, escenas mitológicas y, por otro, batallas navales y ciudades italianas relacionadas con la trayectoria militar del marqués y de sus familiares. Los frescos se deben a unos pintores manieristas italianos, los Péroli. Al verlos, Felipe II les encargaría trabajos para El Escorial y el Alcázar de Toledo.
Para su construcción, el marqués contrató a un equipo de arquitectos, pintores y decoradores que trabajaron en la obra desde 1564 hasta 1586. Para algunos, el diseño del edificio se debió al italiano Giovanni Battista Castello, conocido como el Bergamasco, que más tarde trabajó en El Escorial; para otros lo trazó, al menos en su plan original, Enrique Egas el Mozo.
La arquitectura se percibe como típica española, sin las arquerías italianas, con paramentos lisos y torres cuadradas en las esquinas, influidos por la austeridad de El Escorial y el Alcázar de Toledo, dentro de las relaciones armónicas características del Renacimiento. El espacio central está ocupado por un patio porticado que junto con la escalera forma un conjunto típicamente manierista entendido como estilo elegante y cortesano que desborda el marco meramente arquitectónico.
Built in 1937 by the Works Progress Administration, this structure features local Post Rock, or Fencepost limestone material.
With a 2020 population of roughly 21,000 residents, Hays is the largest city in northwestern Kansas. It serves as the seat of Ellis County, and is home to Fort Hays State University.
The oldest part of the complex is represented by the Shrine of San Vittore in Golden Sky , built in the fourth century by Bishop Maternus to preserve the remains of St. Victor and important example of early Christian architecture. Adjacent to it, heading north, the bishop of Milan Ambrose built, between 379 and 386, the Martyrum Basilica, the first version of the early Christian basilica, whose name came from the fact that it was built in an area where martyrs of the Roman persecutions had been buried. The name was changed to the present one later when Ambrose was buried inside it. The current version of the Romanesque basilica with three naves with vaulted ribbed cruise, is characterized by an alternating system of major and minor pillars that allow the transition from four spans in the main nave to eight in the lateral naves. However, there is no agreement on the exact dating of almost all structural parts of the basilica, in the light of the many changes that have taken place over the centuries. The absidiale part is in any case the oldest part, assigned to the centuries VIII, IX or X depending on the author. The church was heavily damaged during the bombings of the Second World War, which destroyed in 1943 especially the outside of the porch, damaged the dome of the basilica and other areas of the basilica complex, and caused the loss of significant art works, including a fresco by Tiepolo that decorated the ceiling of the sacristy. Immediately after the war the restoration works took start. They were completed in the fifties, bringing the church to its former glory.
Дата строительства базилики Св. Амвросия теряется в далеком 4 веке н. э., времени бескомпромиссной борьбы никейского и арианского исповеданий христианства. Ее основатель — один из четырех отцов церкви Амвросий Медиоланский, равно почитаемый католиками и православными. Поводом послужило обретение им поблизости утерянных столетием ранее останков Гервасия и Протасия, замученных во времена Нерона. Отсюда и второе название храма — базилика Мучеников. Сам святитель тоже нашел последний приют в саркофаге между раками найденных им мощей.
Built June / July 2014
Chromework by Chrome Block City
Original concept by Nico71
Enhanced & revision by OMR
Based on the 2014 Morgan Brooklands Edition
Built in 1916, this Gothic Revival-style church was designed by Hewitt and Brown for the congregation of the Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, which formed in 1875. Modeled on English Gothic architecture, the church takes heavy inspiration from the design of Ely Cathedral, with an octagonal, layered form and a spire that was, at the time of its completion, the second-tallest building in Minneapolis, only exceeded by Minneapolis City Hall. The building features a limestone exterior with a roughly plus-shaped form, centering around a central octagonal section that rises above the rest of the church before having a setback below the bell tower, and a second setback at the base of the metal-clad spire. The church features lancet windows, buttresses, crenellated towers flanking the main entrance, decorative stone railings, blind gothic arches, multiple pinnacles, a decorative surround framing the front entrance, historic lampposts at the front steps, and very small windows near the base of the building. To the rear of the sanctuary structure is a wing containing classrooms, offices, and a fellowship hall, completed around the same time as the church and featuring many Gothic Revival elements in its design, though less ostentatious than the main church building, and with oriels and flat-topped window openings. The church was protected during the construction of the Lowry Hill Tunnel, carrying Interstate 94, immediately adjacent to it in the 1960s by installing refrigeration equipment that froze the ground, ensuring the building would not be undermined in the event of an accidental tunnel collapse. In 2006, a new handicapped-accessible entrance, designed by Hammel, Green and Abrahamson, was added to the rear of the educational wing to provide access directly from the church’s parking lot.
Ashton Memorial, Williamson Park, Lancaster. Built in memory of Lord Ashton‘s second wife, Jessie, the memorial is a grand gesture to the town where Lord Ashton grew up and made a large part of his wealth.
Jessie Ashton died in 1904.
Standing around 35m (150ft) tall, the white Portland Stone structure, with copper clad dome, contrasts sharply with nearby woodland.
Ashton Memorial design
The Ashton Memorial was designed by Sir John Belcher and his partner John James Joass.
It officially opened on 24 October 1909 and is the centre piece to the 54 acres that make up Williamson Park.
Created from a disused quarry, Williamson Park provided work for many local residents who had lost their jobs due to the cotton famine caused by the American Civil War.
Built to commemorate the release of Star Wars: Visions but kept in purgatory for the absolutely stunning renders by www.flickr.com/photos/exesandbox/; huge shoutouts to my man. Stud.io file ovah here: www.dropbox.com/s/6hb33ik00xnbaal/gundam%20x%20wing%20i%2...
Pele towers were built between 1350 and 1600 and served as small-scale castles, providing a defensible retreat against attacks from the Border Reivers, raiders and robbers from either side of the Scottish border. Cresswell Pele Tower is a well preserved example and as such is a Grade II listed building and a Scheduled Monument. It is now fully restored and open to the public alongside the Walled Garden.
Music: Right Click and select "Open link in new tab"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t-TY4DXjzk&list=RD5t-TY4DXjz...
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Strange Trouble
Built mainly between 1831 and 1836, the Castle is the realisation of one man’s fantasy. Lord Stuart de Rothesay, a distinguished diplomat. When he built Highcliffe Castle he was following in the footsteps of his grandfather, Lord Bute, who had built an earlier mansion on the cliff-top site when it was just open heathland.
Highcliffe Castle has been described as arguably the most important surviving house of the Romantic and Picturesque style of architecture, which flourished at the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th century. Its significance is recognised nationally by its Grade 1 status on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historical Interest.
There is an international importance, too. For a large amount of medieval French masonry, shipped across the Channel, was used in its construction. It is this Norman and Renaissance carved stone, along with the Castle’s Gothic revival features and ancient stained glass, that make it appear older than it is.
Highcliffe Castle’s remarkable history and tells how a magnificent building, once lavishly furnished in the 18th century French style, was reduced to a fire-ravaged roofless ruin. For years it had played host to royalty, the rich and famous. Then for two decades, the 1970s and 1980s, only a flock of white doves came to stay amid the derelict rooms.
Today the Castle’s renovated exterior is testimony of the remarkable skills of craftsmen and women who carried out a huge repair and conservation programme in the 1990s, jointly funded by Christchurch Borough Council, English Heritage and a £2.65 million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Follow me and my work on Facebook! - www.facebook.com/PhotoArt.By.Sirius
Dundalk based AS11 a Bus Eireann Alexander Dennis Enviro 300 built for Bus Éireann School bus services on behalf of the Department of Education and Science.
Built on the ruins of an 11th century castle in the 13th century, it has the distinction of remaining impregnable throughout the Hundred Years' War. However, it did not survive the French Revolution of 1789 when it was heavily destroyed. It was then rebuilt at the end of the 19th century by Sadi Carnot.
The well inside the chateau is unusually deep and is said to have cost as must to construct as the original chateau. The interior rooms open to the public are as interesting as the exterior. The restoration is said to be carefully based on original plans and aimed at full historical authenticity.
Built in 1884, this Queen Anne-style rusticated Amherst sandstone building was constructed to house the municipal government and municipal services for the city of Amherst. The building sits on the Amherst town square in Downtown Amherst, with a bandstand and war memorial in front of the building on the square, a large upstairs assembly hall that originally served as an opera house for Amherst, and two former garage bays in the basement on the rear facade, which once housed engines for the Amherst Fire Department. The building features a two-slope hipped roof with a steeper lower slope and shallow upper slope, iron cresting around the base of the lower slope upper roof, bracketed eaves, a front tower with an open belfry, a rear cupola, side gables with large arched windows on the second floor, multiple pinnacles, decorative lintels, metal fire escapes, a recessed front entry with a stone arch above supported by corinthian pilasters, one-over-one and two-over-two double-hung windows, curved corners, and cast iron railings. The building houses the government offices of the City of Amherst, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
Built in 1928 for the 1929 Ibero-American exposition. A delightful mixture of architectural styles.
Even though I took this in early May, it was a mighty warm day.
Taken with my Fujifilm X-T30 II camera and a XF18-55mm lens.
Seville, Spain.
Built in 1894
The Cairo apartment building, located at 1615 Q Street NW in Washington, D.C., is a landmark in the Dupont Circle neighborhood and the District of Columbia's tallest residential building. Designed by architect Thomas Franklin Schneider and completed in 1894 as the city's first "residential skyscraper", the 164-foot (50 m)-tall brick building spurred local regulations and federal legislation that continue to shape Washington's cityscape.[1][2]
Today, the Cairo is a condominium building, home to renters and owners of apartments ranging in size from small studios to multi-level two- and three-bedroom units