View allAll Photos Tagged Text
TypeTogether is one of the “9 Type Designers to Watch” according to Print magazine in its February 2015 issue devoted exclusivly to type design and typography. We are in great company with Nina Stössinger, Hannes von Döhren, Jackson Cavanaugh, Maria Doreuli, Cindy Kinash, Frank Grießhammer and Dave Foster.
Bory Castle (var), Szekesfehervar - Hungary Album www.flickr.com/photos/arjuna/sets/72157621137102171/
Jenő Bory - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jen%c5%91_Bory
Jenő Bory (Székesfehérvár, November 9, 1879 – Székesfehérvár, December 20, 1959) was a Hungarian architect and sculptor.
Column by Bory in Szekesfehervar
St Stephen's well in Kaposvar, part of Our Lady ChurchBory received his degree in building engineering in Budapest in 1903. He enrolled in the Academy of Fine Arts to study sculpture under Alajos Strobl. At this time he met his wife, Ilona Komocsin (1885-1974), who became a notable painter after finishing her studies in Szeged. During World War I as a soldier he was appointed as an official war artist in Sarajevo for which he received the Order of Franz Josef. He taught at the Academy of Fine Arts (1911-46) and at the Technical University (1921-44). He was rector of the Academy between 1943 and 1945. He was largely responsible for the building of the so called Bory castle in Szekesfehervar which is decorated by his and his wife's works.
Die Bory-Burg wurde von Jenö Bory aus Liebe zu seiner Frau eigenhändig errichtet.
One of the residents at Amberley Museum is EUF184. Underneath is a 1938 Leyland Titan TD5 chassis. The body is a 1930 Leyland double decker converted for use as a breakdown truck.
Amberley Museum, Spring Bus Day, 24th April 2016
Gemeindewappen - Wappen der Gemeinde Lottstetten im Landkreis Waldshut in Baden - Württemberg in Deutschland an der ...
SBB Lokomotive Re 450 052 - 6 mit Taufname Lottstetten ( Hersteller SLM Nr. 5584 - ABB SZG - Inbetriebnahme 1992 - Elektrolokomotive Triebfahrzeug Bo`Bo` ) mit ZVV - Zürcher S-Bahn DOSTO - Doppelstockzug am B.ahnhof W.etzikon im Kanton Z.ürich der S.chweiz
.
.
.
***************************************************************************************************************
.
.
Ausf.lug nach R.iet N.eftenb.ach am Freitag den 06. Februar 2015
.
.
Mit dem Z.ug von B.ern über Z.ürich - R.appersw.il nach W.etzikon
.
.
Von W.etzikon mit dem Z.ug über Z.ürich S.tadelh.ofen nach W.intert.hur und weiter mit dem P.osta.uto nach R.iet ( N.eftenb.ach )
.
.
Mit dem P.osta.uto von R.iet ( N.eftenb.ach ) nach W.intert.hur und weiter mit dem Z.ug über Z.ürich zurück nach B.ern
.
.
***************************************************************************************************************
Hurni150206 KantonZürich
E - Mail : chrigu.hurni@bluemail.ch
***************************************************************************************************************
Letzte Aktualisierung - Ergänzung des Textes : 201223
***************************************************************************************************************
NIF
St James in the City
Toxteth is one of Liverpool’s most historic and important districts.
At one time the home of the city’s rich and famous, as well as being
home to the most cosmopolitan mix of seafarers and aspiring
entrepreneurs. A town within the city, with an extraordinary wealth
of ancient churches, synagogues, mosques, and monuments.
The church of St James in the City is an outstanding feature of
the trail. It is a Grade ll* listed building first opened in 1775 and
is the first example of an iron framed church building in Britain.
Money for the church was largely raised from slave traders living
in Toxteth. There are plaques in the church commemorating the
philanthropic works of some of these merchants.
The Church was closed in 1972 but under the present Bishop of
Liverpool, James Jones, the church was re-opened and under the
present Vicar Neil Short, already has developed a thriving family
congregation.
The graveyard surrounding the Church of St James is the final
resting place for more than 9,000 people. Here slave traders,
captains of slave ships, slavery abolitionists and emancipated
victims rest side by side.
With the re-opening of the church, the Bishop was concerned to
see this act of renewal playing a major role in the regeneration of
Toxteth. The site of the church has been selected as the natural
place for an international Memorial to the Victims of the Trans
Atlantic Slave Trade and the ground surrounding the church to
become designed as an African Garden of Remembrance.
From - ''Toxteth Heritage Trail''
Ο Θεός του ήλιου, περσικής καταγωγής, Μίθρας.
Το ανάγλυφο είναι λαξευμένο σε μεγάλο βράχο, κοντά στο χωριό Θέρμες. Απεικονίζεται στο κέντρο ο Μίθρας να θυσιάζει τον ταύρο, και δεξιά και αριστερά στέκονται οι ακόλουθοι του θεού, Καύτης και Καυτοπάτης.
More pipes. This time it a Twitter pipe. Here is the outline. Enter the twitter feed, user & returns the results.
next >>>
It's already 4 times in the manhole-cover-group, but this is the first one in bright sun light : )
Dieser Kanaldeckel ist zwar schon 4-mal in der Gruppe zu sehen, aber hier zum ersten Mal in der Sonne.
Love games?
New installation at the
* Isle of Dee * (isleofdee.wordpress.com/)
Come and enjoy the Escape the Room Game we set up for you at the Isle of Dee.
And he lost something they all now seek,
A rush in the darkness make men bleak,
Hungry for the rich gold they turn,
Friendships new they quickly burn,
For this beast rages with greed,
It is a terrible hungry thing to feed.
Click where ever you see something click-able, it might be a Hint or a prize Item.
And then try to escape! If you can.
Enjoy!
The entrance is right at the Landing.
maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Zebre/127/130/4005
Likes, dislikes, issues, ideas, nuts, cookies and coffee send via Notecard to:
Alrunia Ahn