View allAll Photos Tagged HOLYTRINITY
Holy Trinity, Micklegate, York.
Grade l listed.
North Door entrance.
A church has stood on this site for over 900 years. The first was reduced to rubble during the Norman Conquest of 1066. French monks rebuilt the church and established a Benedictine priory here in 1098. Disaster struck when a fire that raged through York in 1137 damaged the church. The priory lost its lands and buildings during the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1536, but was allowed to continue as a parish church. The stocks from the churchyard dating from the 18th century have been restored and are now on display as part of the Monks of Micklegate exhibition inside the church. A replica of the stocks can be seen as you enter the churchyard.
Please Click to View Large On Black
St. Stephens Catholic Church - St. Joseph Catholic Church - Our Lady of Guadalupe Hispanic Mission
Rev. Keith Mascord preaches 'Homosexuality, the Old Testament and Today'. Part 2 of 2. First preached at Holy Trinity Dulwich Hill on Sunday November 52, 2012.
Composition and exposure with help from Lillian Spibey (lillian@lillianspibeyphotography.com). Raw file processed in Photoshop Elements 12.
The Episcopal Parish of the Holy Communion "Holy Trinity"
There is a small cemetery located on the grounds and an out door baptismal fount.
Brass Eagle Lectern said to date from 1470.
This is one of only 48, surviving early 15th century, brass eagle lecterns to have been cast in East Anglia. Four of its contemporaries are in Italy, one in Urbino Cathedral, two in Florence and one in St Mark's, Venice.
These lecterns were made from standard patterns carved in wood which were reused in various combinations. Typically there are a dozen or so components, including the body of the eagle, the wings, the talons, the globe, the various cylinders and mouldings of the pedestal, and the seated lions that act as the feet. These components can be assembled in different groups, for example different bodies with the same wings, or with different lions.
In 1654 the Puritans wanted to sell the eagle but instead the churchwardens moved it from the Choir and used it as a collection box for Cromwell's New Model Army. Money was posted in through the beak and retrieved from the tail (the opening is still visible).
The church dates from the 12th century and is the only Medieval church in Coventry that is still complete. It is 59 metres (194 ft) long and has a spire 72 metres (236 ft) high, one of the tallest non-cathedral spires in the UK.