View allAll Photos Tagged Dating
Date: 24.03.2011
Location: Amsterdam Noord, NDSM Werf
Wall: Hall of fame
During the free days, all artists could team up in small groups in order to paint together and expolre the city.
The NDSM Werf is an old harbour terrain in Amsterdam Noord that got transformed into a creative melting point of artists in residence, ateliers, cultural-related small businesses, a big skate part and the Hall of Fame. The area is left with the ruff industrial buldings, crans and old ship wrecks that give this space a unique touch. The spot is also one of the few free spaces that are tied to subcultures in the commercially changing city of Amsterdam.
Artists: Tiws, Soten, Bomr, Wame, Skiny, Enso, Gomer, Burning Saxony Crew, Sket185, Erase, Roy Schreuder, Nychos, Tomsta and Frau Isa.
URBAN ART MURALISM - ARTIST EXCHANGE in AMSTERDAM
A group of 36 Urban Artists coming from six European countries – Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Italy, France and Austria – took part in the European Art Exchange Project “SH(OUT)!!!” from 18.03.11 to 27.03.11 in Amsterdam.
The main activities included several mural paintings in the city of Amsterdam, an exhibition in the Dokhuis Gallery as well as a common art workshop with local young people.
Nowadays Urban Art has worldwide acceptance as a young art form. Urban Artists form and transform public spaces and present their work, free of charge, throughout the cities. The event gives respect and pays tribute to art from the streets and makes this art form more accessible to a broader audience through various live painting activities in the city, two innovative group exhibitions and workshops.
Visit our website: www.urban-art-muralism.com/
Check our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/urbanartattack
St Congar's Church, Church Lane, Badgworth, Somerset BS26 2QP
Church of St Congar
Overview
Heritage Category: Listed Building
Grade: II
List Entry Number: 1059100
Date first listed: 09-Feb-1961
County: Somerset
District: Sedgemoor (District Authority)
Parish: Badgworth (Crook Peak Parish)
The Diocese of Bath and Wells
National Grid Reference: ST 39584 52620
Details
Parish church. C14 chancel; nave with south porch; north chapel of cl340 with west porch and door; further work of C16 including west tower. Squared rubble, slate roof, coped verges. Tall thin 4-stage tower with angle buttresses up first and second stages, corner pinnacles, pierced parapet; west door of 1709, restored 1909. Three-bay nave, 2-bay chancel, extensively rebuilt 1854, the former retaining large Perpendicular windows, the latter remodelled in a Decorated style; south door to nave remains C14 with quadrant mouldings, door with decorated tracery. North chapel with 2 light decorated-east window with a rere-arch, a similar west window blocked, below it a door opening with a cusped head, (screened by the organ at time of re-survey). Interior with C14 tower arch of 3 continuous quadrant mouldings double chamfered chancel arch of similar date. C14 piscina in a gabled niche; opposite the tomb of Jon De Hampton in a recess with an ogee headed archway; squint to north chapel incorporating a piscina; 2 bay arcade to north chapel; some C18 panelling. Jacobean pulpit on C16, stone base reused from an earlier pulpit, 4 figures in gabled niches. Font on 4 clustered shafts probably C13. All stained glass late C19 by George Kempe.5 C19 wall monuments; one of C18 in north chapel; hammered brass plaque in an Art Noveau style of 1901 to south nave wall. C16 benches, ends with plain thin poppey heads. Aid C19 organ. Head corbels for a parvise in porch. C18 chest. C19 roofs. (Pevsner, The Buildings of England, North soierset and Bristol,1958).
© Historic England 2020
Iconic date palms have become a signature landmark of Bermagui on the South Coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Number:
186768
Date created:
1941
Extent:
1 photographic print : gelatin silver ; 3.25 x 4.25 in.
Rights:
Photograph is subject to copyright restrictions. Contact the Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives for reproduction permissions.
Subjects:
Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery--People
Ferry, Allen M.
Portrait photographs
Orthopedists
Notes:
Photographer unknown.
press release:Summary
Project status: Current
Region/county: South-east Wales
Start date: End 2014
End date: 2019
Cost: Total project costs circa £220m
Design and build contractors: Costain Ltd, with Atkins, Ch2M & RPS
This project is registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme (external link).
Why are we doing it
The existing A465 was built in the 1960s and is a single three lane carriageway with two lanes in the uphill direction and one in the downhill direction. A regional traffic study in 1990 identified the need to improve this road. This improvement to the A465 is critical to the social and economic regeneration of the Heads of the Valleys area.
The width of the road restricts traffic flow and opportunities for safe overtaking. In many areas there is poor visibility. Accidents on this stretch are concentrated around junctions and areas with poor visibility
This improvement to the A465 is critical to the social and economic regeneration of the Heads of the Valleys area. It will improve access to key services, jobs and markets supporting inward investment to areas such as the Ebbw Vale Enterprise Zone.
Current progress
Some of the construction progress to date includes:
2 new bridges at Glanbaiden roundabout have been completed and will be open to traffic soon.
The concrete arch bridge at Gilwern has been erected and the traffic is running through the arch. This bridge is the largest of its type in the world.
The footbridge at Gilwern has been lifted into place and will soon be open for use.
Extensive work has been carried out along the length of the scheme to steepen the surrounding ground and enable widening of the carriageway.
The works have included the construction of 6200m of retaining walls to date and installation of over 6000 soil nails.
The 2 road bridges at Saleyard are nearing completion. These will be open for traffic use before the end of 2017.
A total of 33 diversions to Statutory Undertaker apparatus (water mains, gas mains, phone lines and electricity supplies etc.) have been completed. These have included major diversions work to two high pressure gas mains and a water main that required a new 1.5m wide, 100m long tunnel at a depth of 20m below the surface.
The treatment of a number of old mine workings uncovered near the Brynmawr junction.
The abutments for the Gateway Bridge at bridge at Brynmawr have been completed. Work will begin on the crossing structure at the end of Summer 2017.
Over 4000 trees have been planted within the scheme footprint.
Timetable
Contractor appointed: 2011
Public information exhibitions: Throughout 2011
Statutory process to obtain powers to build the road: October 2013 – Dec 2014
Public local inquiry: March 2014
Construction began: End 2014
Completion: 2019
5 Year environmental aftercare and defect correction: 2024
How we consulted
We consulted on improvements to the A465 between Abergavenny and Hirwaun in 1994 as part of the process to develop the preferred route for the whole project.
In 2011 we held a series of public information exhibitions, presentations to local interest groups and meetings with local landowners and businesses We gathered information at these events to help the team understand how this section fit with local priorities, objectives and policies. This influenced the scheme design.
We held exhibitions of the draft orders in November 2013. These provided details of the final scheme which we then took through the statutory planning process.
An independent inspector held a public local inquiry in March & April 2014, where supporters and objectors to the scheme were able to present their case.
Alternative routes proposed by objectors were considered in a public inquiry alongside our published scheme.
Costain have a dedicated Community Manager and a Public Liaison Officer, Jeff Mapps, as part of their site team.
If you have a concern or query, you can contact Jeff Mapps by email: Jeff.Mapps@costain.com or on 07739634021 or 0845 600 2664 (24 hours).
You can also write to:
Costain Ltd
A465 Section 2 Project Office
Ty Gwyn Road
Twyn Wenallt
Gilwern, Abergavenny
NP7 0BQ
The first-ever TAG Heuer automatic movement with a “large date” now proudly sparkles with 72 Top Wesselton diamonds (1.2 carats) on its polished fixed stainless-steel bezel.
En la tarde de este jueves 22 de septiembre, HazteOir.org ha reunido más de un centenar de personas para celebrar una vigilia por la vida ante la clínica Dator de Madrid, lugar en el que se practican miles de abortos cada año. El objetivo de la asociación provida es el de lograr el cierre del que está considerado el mayor abortorio de España.
Date: December 13, 2020
Location: Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center - Grasonville, Maryland (Queen Anne's County)
Queenstown
38076_H2
The nave looking east.
There is evidence of a church building dating from 840 AD, the earliest remains being St Peter holding the keys to Heaven over the south door.
The current building dates from the 12th century.
Church records began in 1538 and are the earliest in the county.
The churchyard was closed in 1915.
Both the south and north doors are Norman, as is the font, thought to be part of the original church.
Along the west wall was once a musicians' gallery on which the organ was installed. It was removed and, in its place, is the so-called 'musicians' window' dedicated to St Cecilia, the patron saint of music.
The north aisle was added in the 13th century. Here lies the 'Avenbury Knight', a 13th century effigy from the now ruined St Mary's Church, Avenbury (one of the oldest churches in England, closed in 1931). Also in the north aisle can be found the 'Bromyard Bushel'. Made in 1670 from cast iron, this was the standard measure for grain.
Near the knight and bushel is a copy of Professor Edward Hull's description of the world's history - measuring 7 metres long! It depicts history from Adam and Eve to Queen Victoria and was published in the 1890s.
The oldest window in the church dates from around 1300. The glass itself is late 19th century and is dedicated to Rev. William Cooke.
The original chancel was extended in the 14th century. To the left is the pulpit, made in 1883 from wood of a much earlier design.
The organ dates from 1839. It was moved from its original position to the chancel in 1875. Modifications were made in 1978 and it was restored in 2013.
The south aisle chapel - not the Lady Chapel! - contains Bromyard's official war memorial. The chapel was dedicated in 1919, just months after the end of World War I.
There are a number of recesses around the walls of the church which once contained the tombs of wealthy or important people, dating to the 14th century.