View allAll Photos Tagged Associate
Aromatherapy Associates bath oils are like no other I have tried, pricey but very much worth it for me.
2024 Skyland Trail Associates Spring Luncheon - March 15, 204 - Piedmont Driving Club - Photos by Kim Link
Apart from the chapel and associated function room (now used as a function venue), Erskine College lies in ruin, slowly returning to the elements and inhabited, illegally, by street people, nomads, drunks and druggies.
Yet it is beautiful - this series is dedicated to capturing the faded glory of this once prestigious Catholic Girls School and its famous architect and beautiful gardens, now retiurning to wilderness.
Erskine College has received national recognition by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust (NZHPT) – given Category I status on its National Register.
Between 1906 and 1985 the Island Bay landmark was a Catholic boarding school for girls. Founded by the Society of the Sacred Heart, it was called The Convent of the Sacred Heart till the late 1960s when it was renamed Erskine College in honour of former Superior General of the Society Mother Janet Erskine Stuart.
Considerable refurbishment of the Chapel has resulted in it being used for a range of functions.
The NZHPT review proposes to combine the two individual registrations of the Erskine College Main Block (Category II historic place) and Chapel (Category I) into a new single registration that recognises the wider Erskine College site with all its buildings and setting.
The imposing four-storey Gothic brick and reinforced concrete main convent building was designed by noted architect John Sydney Swan and is the oldest surviving purpose-built secondary school building in Wellington. By the time it closed in 1985 nearly 3000 girls had been educated at the college.The Erskine site is a rare physical testament to the work of the Society of the Sacred Heart in New Zealand, and is a place that many people feel a very strong connection to. It also contains outstanding examples of the architecture of John Sydney Swan, and the Chapel of the Sacred Heart is widely regarded as one of the finest Gothic chapel interiors in New Zealand.
Walmart executives Johnnie Dobbs and Celia Swanson speak to associates during Shareholders week 2012
Incredible Rosewood Sideboard Designed By The Ole Wanscher Trained Designer Richard Young, For Merrow Associates, UK. Late 60's to Late 70's.
Ms. Erinna Dia, Associate Director Early Childhood Development UNICEF New York HQ, claps the hand of a student from Soromiata 2 Primary School, followed by Ms. Susie Villeneuve, Senior Health Specialist UNICEF WCARO, Soromiata village, Lola prefecture, Nzérékoré region, Guinea. UNICEF Guinea country office in collaboration with UNICEF WCARO regional office and UNICEF New York headquarters, conducted a field mission in October 2022 to review the status of the effective implementation of primary health care and the Child Friendly Communities (CFC) initiative in Nzérékoré region, Guinea.
The administrative region of Nzérékoré, located in the southeast of Guinea, 954 km from the capital Conakry, includes 6 health districts and has an estimated total population of approximately 2 million inhabitants. The epidemiological profile of this region is characterized by outbreaks of epidemics, including cases of measles, Ebola virus disease, Lassa hemorrhagic fever, and Marburg. Over the past two decades, the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene in Guinea has been committed to making maternal, newborn, and child health a priority. However, insufficient progress has been made based on the results of the DHS from 1999 to 2018. There has been a slight decrease in neonatal mortality rates from 48 to 32 per 1,000 live births, infant and child mortality from 177 per 1,000 to 111 deaths per 1,000 live births, and infant mortality from 98 deaths to 67 per 1,000 in 2018. Only 27% of children under 5 years of age sleep under Long Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs). 55% of children under 5 with diarrhea received treatment with Oral Rehydration Solutions (ORS) and only 22% with ORS-Zinc. Only 83% of children with Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) received treatment or counseling and 30% on the same day. Only 24% of children aged 12-23 months received all vaccinations with persistent measles outbreaks. Low rate of exclusive breastfeeding 33%. High prevalence of stunting at 30%, 9% are emaciated or acutely malnourished and 16% are underweight. Low level of sanitation, 52% of households have an improved sanitation facility. The Ministry of Health's main strategy for Universal Health Coverage (UHC) is based on primary health care. In 2018, UNICEF in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene (MSHP) operationalized this new policy in 40 communes known as convergence communes with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralization (MATD).
On the abandoned General Store I found today in North Branch. I guess Associated Stores was an association of independent store owners.
Shakhrisabz is, above all, associated with the Ak-Saray palace. Many amazing legends are linked with the history of the palace's construction. According to one of them, Timur began to think of building a magnificent edifice, summoned an architect and set out his objective. After listening to the ruler, the architect asked to be allowed into the state exchequer. When permission was granted, the craftsman started to make foundation blocks from clay mixed with gold in full view of Timur.
Seeing that the ruler remained impassive, he broke up the blocks and returned the gold to the exchequer. When Timur asked: "Why did you do that?" the architect replied: "So as to make sure of your determination to embark on constructing a building that requires vast expenditure." A second legend recounts that, after the main building work had been completed, Timur began to tell the craftsmen to hurry up and finish the decorative facing of the palace. But they were in no hurry to cover the building with majolica and mosaic. When the angry ruler ordered the chief architect to be brought before him, it emerged that had vanished after hanging a chain in the centre of the palace's main arch. Since no other craftsman of equal stature could be found, the building remained unfinished. Some time later, however, the architect suddenly appeared and, after making sure that the chain on the entrance arch was now considerably lower, embarked on decorating the building.
When Timur demanded an explanation of his strange flight and sudden reappearance, the architect replied: "I dared not disobey my sovereign's command, but I could not carry it out either. Stern punishment awaited me in either case, since such a majestic building had to settle and bed down firmly in the ground, otherwise all the decoration on it would be destroyed." The great ruler appreciated the craftsman's wisdom and resourcefulness.
The palace building in Shahrisabz took over a quarter of a century to construct. The Spanish ambassador, Ruy Gonzalez de Clavijo, who passed through Shahrisabz in 1404 on his way to the court of Timur in Samarkand, was astounded and charmed by the architectural miracle, and he left a detailed description of it, noting, however, that the splendid artistic decoration of the palace was still unfinished. The overall layout, scale and artistic appearance of Ak-Saray can be reconstituted from the descriptions of contemporaries and eyewitnesses, as well as from the results of archaeological excavation at the site. According to written accounts, the palace consisted of several stately, living or service quarters, grouped around separate courtyards.
The overall scale of the palace is impressive: the main courtyard alone, which has been reconstituted from the micro relief, was 120 - 125 m wide and 240 - 250 m long. The size of the other courtyards and of the outer perimeter of the palace has not been reconstructed owing to severe disturbance of the micro relief in the 15th - 16th centuries. Calculation of the proportions of the surviving elements of the site makes it fairly certain that the height of the main portal reached 70 m. It was topped by arched pinnacles (ko'ngra), while corner towers on a multifaceted pedestal were at least 80 m high. The main entrance portal was 50 m wide, and the arch had the largest span, 22.5 m, in Central Asia.
The architectural decor, featuring a wide variety of designs and colours, is particularly noteworthy in the artistic appearance of Ak-Saray. When using various techniques, however, the craftsmen bore in mind that the palace's main portal faced north, towards the capital, Samarkand. Given the poor light, the architects used only flat segmentation here and hence a continuous decorative treatment. The use of brick mosaic work, mainly dark and light blue in colour, forming large geometrical and epigraphic designs on a background of polished building brick, gives the portal a special softness of colour and an air of grand mystery.
The various mosaic and majolica work in the niche of the portal is particularly refined and highly coloured. The delicately executed ornamentation incorporates exquisite calligraphic inscriptions of mainly Koranic content, although secular ones are found too. In the midst of the decorative facing, an inscription has survived, giving the date of completion, 798 (1395 - 1396), and the name of the craftsman, Muhammad Yusuf Tebrizi (from the Azeri city of Tabriz). According to Clavijo, who visited Ak-Saray, "in this palace was a very long entrance and a very high portal, and by the entrance, to right and left, were brick arches covered with tiles painted with various designs. Beneath these arches was what looked like small rooms without doors, and the floor inside them was covered with tiles. This was done so that people could sit there when the king was present. Beyond this was another door and after that a large courtyard, paved with white slabs and surrounded by richly decorated galleries. In the middle of the courtyard was a large pool. The courtyard was some 300 paces wide, and it gave access to a large house, in which was a very high and wide door, decorated with gold, azure and tiles of very fine workmanship. In the middle, above the door, a lion was depicted, lying in the sun, and exactly the same picture was to be found at the edges. This was the device of the king of Samarkand. After this, the envoys were taken to look at the chamber that the king had appointed for sitting and feasting with his wives, very spacious and luxurious. Before it was a large garden with many shady and assorted fruit trees. Inside it were many pools and artfully sited meadows. By the entrance to this garden there was such a vast space that many people could have enjoyed themselves sitting there in the summertime beside the water and beneath the shade of the trees. The workmanship in the palace is so luxurious that, in order to describe everything well, one has to go and examine it a little at a time."
The Ak-Saray palace is a grandiose piece of civil architecture, and not just by Central Asian standards. Historical tradition ascribes the destruction of the majestic edifice to Abdullakhan, who, during one of the sieges of un-subdued Shahrisabz, is supposed to have ordered the splendid structures of Timur and his descendants to be demolished. Be that as it may, of the once luxurious royal palace only the pillars and part of the arch of the main portal remained by the second half of the 18th century.
Photographs from the 2016 Global Partner Summit, Adobe Certified Associate World Championship, and Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship, held in Orlando, FL.
For years, Jordan has been associated with its epic history and landscapes, from the hidden ruined city of Petra to the red-sand dunes and canyons of Wadi Rum.
It's a country with stunning history, but not really known for hiking - the Jordan Trail, a recently introduced epic 650km route stretching the entire length of the state from its north to the south, may however well change that perception.
Each hike must have its most popular and admired part, and for the Jordan Trail it comes two-thirds of the way through the route with the stage from the Dana Biosphere Reserve to the ancient city of Petra.
Starting in one of Jordan's most scenic nature reserves, it takes four days mostly on the little-trodden and unmarked paths to finally reach the country's most iconic sights at Petra, which one enters - contrary to the vast majority of visitors - backdoor and alone.
-----
During the third day, we left Wadi Feid shortly before 5AM hiking in the eastern direction on the mostly dry rock riverbed.
The trail then continued along the escarpment line of the Jabal Safaha mountain ridge, offering stunning views of the deep valleys below us.
Having passed the Qutla ruins of a former settlement (no water source), we continued hiking in the southern direction, following now a slowly diminishing footpath.
Then, we entered an interesting sandstone landscape full of beautiful rock formations of different shapes and colours - the area here somehow reminded me of the Needles national park, Utah.
Then, we decided to make a shortcut to the Ammarin camp, our place of overnight stay - following a 4WD track to a ridge eastwards, we reached the pass realizing to our great relief that the shortcut is passable, despite quite steep descent requiring some minor scrambling.
We reached the secluded Ammarin camp shortly afterwards, and having much needed shower we enjoyed lazy laying on mattresses in the shade below a tall rock, sipping mint tea and taking a much needed rest.
20 May 2019 - 2019 OECD Forum: Seasonal Associate
Heike Geissler, freelance writer, and Monika Queisser, Senior Counsellor & Head of Social Policy Division, Employment, Labour and Social Affairs, OECD.
OECD Headquarters, Paris.
Photo : Mariano Bordon/OECD
The garden, or Court of Honour at the Great Mosque of Paris (Grand Mosquée de Paris). Inaugurated in 1926, the mosque was founded as a sign of gratitude for the help France received from Muslim “tirailleurs” (infantry) during World War I. It was built in the Mudéjar style, a reinterpretation of Western cultural styles through Islamic influences, that emerged in the 12th century on the Iberian peninsula. The mosque boasts a beautiful garden, courtyard and galleries that are open to visitors, as well as a restaurant serving maybe the best couscous in Paris, a tea-room, a hammam and a small souk.
The fountains were not turned on when I was visiting, but the wonderful turquoise tiling still imparts the refreshing feel typical of an Islamic garden. “Throughout the Islamic world, gardens of different sizes and purposes share the following: Love of the sight and sound of water is at their heart; they are enclosed by rectangular walls, mysterious from outside and private within; lay-out is symmetrical, geometric, harmonious; gardens are used to evoke feelings of peace, harmony and happiness.” If you take a close look at the fountains and potted plant formations, you will find that the number eight is prominent – the number is associated with Paradise in Islam. What I really love is the colour scheme and the way it is implemented – the pink roses against the lush green hedges and turquoise tiles – and the geometric compositions that bring them all together.
Sources: the mosque’s official website, Wikipedia, REEP.org
Associated Students of Colorado State University President Nigel Daniels speaks at the 2013 Fall Address and University Picnic, September 4, 2013.
M.V. RIX FLEVO (IMO: 9139335)
Delivered 15th December 1996 by Peterswerft , Germany
Keel laid 12 July 1995
Class RINA Vessel Type - Generic: Cargo
Ice class E
Flag: Cyprus [CY]
Home Port: LIMASSOL
Call sign 5BRT4
IMO Nr 9139335
Main dimensions
LOA 88.2 m
LPP 84.9 m
Beam 13.6 m
Depth moulded 7.70 m
Draft summer 6.11 m
Draft winter 5.99 m
Freeboard, summer: 1.604 m
Freeboard winter 1.731 m
Air draft: 25.5 m
Tonnage
DWT summer 4466 mt
DWT winter 4326 mt
GT 2901
NT 1533
FW allowance 0.127 m
TPC Abt 9 t / cm
Displacement 5856 mt
Lightship 1390 mt
Capacities
Cargo holds grain total: 196961 ft3 / 5575 m3
Cargo holds bail total: 196961 ft3 / 5575 m3
Bunkers MDO 180 mt
Ballast water 1676 m3
Fresh water 48 m3
Holds capacities
Hold No 1 196961 ft3 / 5575 m3
Total: 196961 ft3 / 5575 m3
Holds dimensions:
Length 58.2 m (clear opening 48 m)
Breadth 11.1 m
Height 8.8 m
Max load on TT 11.1 mt/m2
Communication details
Inmarsat +881677749421
Mobile +37122200708
e-mail Master.Rixflevo@telaurus.net
MMSI : 275457000
Machinery
Main engine: Deutz MWM SBV 9 M 628 / 1490 kW Abt. 10 knots
Auxiliaries: 2 diesel generator 114 kW each
Propeller: 1 single fixed pitch propeller
1 bow thruster: 150 kW
Deck machinery: NIL
Contact
SIA "RIX Shipmanagement"
Krišjāņa Valdemāra iela 33-32
LV-1010, RIGA, Latvia
Phone: +371 67821628
Fax: +371 67809168
Email:sm@rixshipping.net
Associate Superintendent Matt Smith went above and beyond the call of his duties - emphasis on the word above - all for the cause of the “Inclusion Revolution” underway at Des Moines Public Schools. For the sake of one great story that he’ll be able to tell for the rest of his life, Smith rappelled down all 26 stories of the Financial Center in downtown Des Moines as part of Over the Edge, a fundraiser for our partners at Special Olympics Iowa. DMPS photographer Jon Lemons roped up and went down beside him to capture many of the photos in this album.
Preah Khan (Khmer: ប្រាសាទព្រះខ័ន; "Royal Sword") is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built in the 12th century for King Jayavarman VII. It is located northeast of Angkor Thom and just west of the Jayatataka baray, with which it was associated. It was the centre of a substantial organisation, with almost 100,000 officials and servants. The temple is flat in design, with a basic plan of successive rectangular galleries around a Buddhist sanctuary complicated by Hindu satellite temples and numerous later additions. Like the nearby Ta Prohm, Preah Khan has been left largely unrestored, with numerous trees and other vegetation growing among the ruins.
HISTORY
Preah Khan was built on the site of Jayavarman VII's victory over the invading Chams in 1191. Unusually the modern name, meaning "holy sword", is derived from the meaning of the original - Nagara Jayasri (holy city of victory). The site may previously have been occupied by the royal palaces of Yasovarman II and Tribhuvanadityavarman. The temple's foundation stela has provided considerable information about the history and administration of the site: the main image, of the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara in the form of the king's father, was dedicated in 1191 (the king's mother had earlier been commemorated in the same way at Ta Prohm). 430 other deities also had shrines on the site, each of which received an allotment of food, clothing, perfume and even mosquito nets; the temple's wealth included gold, silver, gems, 112,300 pearls and a cow with gilded horns. The institution combined the roles of city, temple and Buddhist university: there were 97,840 attendants and servants, including 1000 dancers and 1000 teachers.
The temple is still largely unrestored: the initial clearing was from 1927 to 1932, and partial anastylosis was carried out in 1939. Since then free-standing statues have been removed for safe-keeping, and there has been further consolidation and restoration work. Throughout, the conservators have attempted to balance restoration and maintenance of the wild condition in which the temple was discovered: one of them, Maurice Glaize, wrote that;
The temple was previously overrun with a particularly voracious vegetation and quite ruined, presenting only chaos. Clearing works were undertaken with a constant respect for the large trees which give the composition a pleasing presentation without constituting any immediate danger. At the same time, some partial anastylosis has revived various buildings found in a sufficient state of preservation and presenting some special interest in their architecture or decoration.
Since 1991, the site has been maintained by the World Monuments Fund. It has continued the cautious approach to restoration, believing that to go further would involve too much guesswork, and prefers to respect the ruined nature of the temple. One of its former employees has said, "We're basically running a glorified maintenance program. We're not prepared to falsify history". It has therefore limited itself primarily to stabilisation work on the fourth eastern gopura, the House of Fire and the Hall of Dancers.
THE SITE
The outer wall of Preah Khan is of laterite, and bears 72 garudas holding nagas, at 50 m intervals. Surrounded by a moat, it measures 800 by 700 m and encloses an area of 56 hectares. To the east of Preah Khan is a landing stage on the edge of the Jayatataka baray, now dry, which measured 3.5 by 0.9 km. This also allowed access to the temple of Neak Pean in the centre of the baray. As usual Preah Khan is oriented toward the east, so this was the main entrance, but there are others at each of the cardinal points. Each entrance has a causeway over the moat with nāga-carrying devas and asuras similar to those at Angkor Thom; Glaize considered this an indication that the city element of Preah Khan was more significant than those of Ta Prohm or Banteay Kdei.
Halfway along the path leading to the third enclosure, on the north side, is a House of Fire (or Dharmasala) similar to Ta Prohm's. The remainder of the fourth enclosure, now forested, was originally occupied by the city; as this was built of perishable materials it has not survived. The third enclosure wall is 200 by 175 metres. In front of the third gopura is a cruciform terrace. The gopura itself is on a large scale, with three towers in the centre and two flanking pavilions. Between the southern two towers were two celebrated silk-cotton trees, of which Glaize wrote, "resting on the vault itself of the gallery, [they] frame its openings and brace the stones in substitute for pillars in a caprice of nature that is as fantastic as it is perilous." One of the trees is now dead, although the roots have been left in place. The trees may need to be removed to prevent their damaging the structure. On the far side of the temple, the third western gopura has pediments of a chess game and the Battle of Lanka, and two guardian dvarapalas to the west.
West of the third eastern gopura, on the main axis is a Hall of Dancers. The walls are decorated with apsaras; Buddha images in niches above them were destroyed in the anti-Buddhist reaction under Jayavarman VIII. North of the Hall of Dancers is a two-storeyed structure with round columns. No other examples of this form survive at Angkor, although there are traces of similar buildings at Ta Prohm and Banteay Kdei. Freeman and Jacques speculate that this may have been a granary. Occupying the rest of the third enclosure are ponds (now dry) in each corner, and satellite temples to the north, south and west. While the main temple was Buddhist, these three are dedicated to Shiva, previous kings and queens, and Vishnu respectively. They are notable chiefly for their pediments: on the northern temple, Vishnu reclining to the west and the Hindu trinity of Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma to the east; on the western temple, Krishna raising Mount Govardhana to the west.
Connecting the Hall of Dancers and the wall of the second enclosure is a courtyard containing two libraries. The second eastern gopura projects into this courtyard; it is one of the few Angkorian gopuras with significant internal decoration, with garudas on the corners of the cornices. Buddha images on the columns were changed into hermits under Jayavarman VIII.
Between the second enclosure wall (85 by 76 m) and the first enclosure wall (62 by 55 m) on the eastern side is a row of later additions which impede access and hide some of the original decoration. The first enclosure is, as Glaize said, similarly, "choked with more or less ruined buildings". The enclosure is divided into four parts by a cruciform gallery, each part almost filled by these later irregular additions. The walls of this gallery, and the interior of the central sanctuary, are covered with holes for the fixing of bronze plates which would originally have covered them and the outside of the sanctuary - 1500 tonnes was used to decorate the whole temple. At the centre of the temple, in place of the original statue of Lokesvara, is a stupa built several centuries after the temple's initial construction.
MICROBIAL DEGRADATION
Microbial biofilms have been found degrading sandstone at Angkor Wat, Preah Khan, and the Bayon and West Prasat in Angkor. The dehydration and radiation resistant filamentous cyanobacteria can produce organic acids that degrade the stone. A dark filamentous fungus was found in internal and external Preah Khan samples, while the alga Trentepohlia was found only in samples taken from external, pink-stained stone at Preah Khan.
The name Chautauqua is usually associated with the town of Chautauqua in Chautauqua County, New York. Chautauqua was named for Chautauqua Lake and the lake received its name “Chautauqua” from the Native American Seneca people who lived in the area. Also located in Chautauqua is the Chautauqua Institution, a popular nonprofit education and summer resort that can trace its beginnings back to 1874.
The Chautauqua Institution today says, “We are a community of artists, educators, thinkers, faith leaders and friends dedicated to exploring the best in humanity.” They annually host a series of programs featuring lectures from a wide variety of fields along with music and theater just as they did in the late 1800s.
In 1904 Keith Vawter and Roy Ellison appropriated the concept of the Chautauqua Institution to create a for-profit business much to the chagrin of the Institution. They basically saw an opportunity to make money by taking the Chautauqua Institution idea on the road as a form of entertainment going from town to town as “Circuit Chautauquas” or “Tent Chautauquas.”
These traveling Chautauqua shows were not affiliated with the Chautauqua Institution. Instead, they traveled about the country much like a circus or fair selling locals’ tickets to see lecturers, musicians, and theater productions under a tent while marketing it all as educational and enlightening. Circuit Chautauqua’s reached their peak in the mid-1920s appearing to over 45 million people in over 10,000 communities before finally playing out by 1940.
On Wednesday, July 1, 1914, a Chautauqua opened in Statesville for a 6-day run featuring 31 events all for a $2-dollar ticket. A large 3 ft. x 20 ft. banner advertising the event was hung across a downtown street and 2,500 “Photo Story Booklets” containing the programs schedule passed out. The Chautauqua tent with 1,200 seats was set up on a lot on the corner of Broad and Tradd Streets.
The Chautauqua continued to visit Statesville and Mooresville over the next few years. On June 10th, 1918 the “Statesville Chautauqua” opened for a six-day run featuring “Life in the Trenches Vivid and Timely Lecture by Captain Leslie Vickers of the Royal Scotch Fusileers.” The Royal Scots Fusiliers was a line infantry regiment of the British Army that existed from 1678 until 1959.
A rare 1918 copy of “Life in the Trenches” is part of the Local History Collection at the Iredell County Public Library in Statesville. Images of newspaper articles from the Chautauqua visit to Statesville in 1914 were taken from microfilm of the Statesville Sentinel (1909-1922) housed at the library and created by the State Archives of North Carolina, Division of Archives and Records, part of the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
ROYAL ESCAPE WH768
Previously 1989-98 GU224, 1999-2009 WH706, 2009-2011 GU78
MMSI: 235031461
Call Sign: MYLA2
Flag: United Kingdom [GB]
AIS Vessel Type: Fishing
Gross Tonnage: 14.39
Deadweight: -
Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 13m × 4m
Year Built: 1974
Status: Active
Admin Port :BRIXHAM
Registered Tonnage :14.39
Overall length :11.95 m
Main Power 94.74
FPO :NON-SECTOR
Licence Number :11537
Year Built :1974 (Whitstable)
Hull Material :WOOD
Country of Build :GBR
Scallop Licence :N
Shell Fish Licence :Y
RSS :C19922
Vessel Capacity Units :101.188
Pinning ceremony for the Austin Community College students who completed the Nursing Associate Degree program on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at the ACC Eastview Campus.
An associate at the RAF Alconbury's Exchange in the United Kingdom wears a mask and stands behind a plexiglass shield.
Under guidance from the Department of Defense, all Exchange associates wore masks and those in certain areas of the stores, such as at cash registers and customer service, remained behind the shields to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Several Wesleyan donors and friends attended the the Donors Associates Reception Nov. 5 in Daniel Family Commons. Guests included members of the Trustee Associates, President’s Circle, Founders Club, Willbur Fisk Associates, College Row Society, John Wesley Associates, 1831 Society, Douglas Cannon Club, Foss Hill Club, Day Society and Olin Associates. (Photo by Olivia Drake MALS '08)
Erected in 1982 for the Knoxville International Energy Exposition, this modern observation tower was designed by Community Tectonics under lead architect Hubert Bebb, and structural engineering firm Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd. The tower features an open green-painted steel structure on the exterior with chevron bracing, slanted exterior steel members that distribute the load of the structure’s weight over a larger area, with an elevator core clad in metal panels in the center, enclosing the stairwells, elevator shafts, and utility shafts, and a sphere at the top with a gold-tinted curtain wall, which resembles the sun. There is an open deck on the second story of the structure with access to the elevator and stairs, which sits at the same level as Clinch Avenue and the main entrance to the adjacent Knoxville Convention Center, with another entrance from the plaza in the Second Creek Valley below. The tower houses an observation deck, with commercial rental space and events space inside the sphere, though it is not very heavily utilized, and has gone through several periods of being closed entirely to the public, most recently during the 2020-21 pandemic.
Dascyllus are often associated with coral heads, where they shelter from predators. If you wait quietly they all then slowly emerge to check you out - and the slightest movement sends them diving for cover once more. Ningaloo Marine Park
Associate Professor Colm Kiernan (Department of History), with his wife Joan and daughters Margaret and Carol at the student Enrolling Centre (1975)
The workshop on critical care nutrition is hosted and organised by IAPEN – Muzaffarpur Regional Centre in collaboration with
Mahant Darshan Das Mahila College, Bihar on 11th September at Department of Home Science, Mahant Darshan Das Mahila
College, Amir Khusru Colony, Mithanpura, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842002
Organizing Secretary: Dr. Nishi Rani, Organizing Secretary, Workshop on Critical Care Nutrition, Department of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics,
Mahant Darshan Das Mahila College, Club Rd, Mithanpura, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842002
Talks by
Dr. H.N Bharadwaj, Professor, Head of Department of Surgery, Shri Krishna Medical College And Hospital,, S,K,M.C.H, Uma
Nagar, Muzaffarpur, Bihar - 842004
Dr. Vijaya Bharadwaj, Gynaecologist, Bathua Nursing Home, Brahmpura Main Rd, Brahmpura, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 842003
Dr. K. B Jha, Trihut Health Care Pvt. Ltd., Buttler Road, Maripur West Lichi Bagan Railway Colony, Muzaffarpur, Sheikhpura
Bihar 842001
Dr. Ranju Jha, Trihut Health Care Pvt. Ltd, Buttler Road, Maripur West Lichi Bagan Railway Colony, Muzaffarpur, Sheikhpura Bihar 842001
Dr. Chandan Kumar, Chief Physician, Prashant Memorial Charitable Hospital, Juran Chapra Road No-4 , Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- 842001
Mrs. Anila Samuel, State Nutritional Consultant At Bihar Rural Livelyhood Promotion Society
Mrs. Priya, Dietician, Ruben Hospital, Patna