View allAll Photos Tagged traders

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/20cTy66

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

Shelf-stable mayo, white label for TJ's

 

Trader Joe's, Cherry Creek, Colorado

 

Editorial Use Only: Trader Joe's is a trademark of The Trader Joe's Company

Wikipedia:

La Rambla can be considered a series of shorter streets, each differently named, hence the plural form Les Rambles (the original Catalan form; in Spanish it is Las Ramblas). The street is successively called:

Rambla de Canaletes - the site of the Font de Canaletes fountain

Rambla dels Estudis - the site of the former Jesuit University, whose only remainder is the Church of Bethlehem

Rambla de Sant Josep (or de les Flors) - the site of an open-air flower market

Rambla dels Caputxins - the site of a former Capuchin monastery, now dominated by the Liceu opera-house

Rambla de Santa Mònica - named after the convent of St. Monica, now an arts centre.

 

To the north of La Rambla lies Plaça de Catalunya, a large square in central Barcelona that is generally considered to be both its city centre and the place where the old city and the 19th century-built Eixample meet.

 

To the east of La Rambla is the Barri Gòtic or Gothic Quarter, the centre of the old city of Barcelona. The Barri Gòtic retains a labyrinthine street plan, with small squares and streets, many of which connect onto the Rambla. One of the larger of these squares is the Plaça Reial, a lively 19th century square with tall palm trees and street lamps designed by Antoni Gaudí, which opens down a short entrance passage off the Rambla dels Caputxins. Further into the Barri Gòtic can be found the Cathedral of Santa Eulàlia and the Plaça Sant Jaume that houses the buildings of the Generalitat of Catalonia and Barcelona’s City Council.

 

To the west of La Rambla is the rather different El Raval quarter. Outside the city's earliest walls, this area was originally the site of various religious and medical institutions. Later factories grew up along with housing for the workers, whilst the proximity to the port led to the area becoming known for its nightlife and cabarets, as well as prostitution and crime. Today the area still retains a degree of 'edge', but it also home to several important buildings, including Gaudí's Palau Güell, which is only a few steps down the Carrer Nou de la Rambla from the Rambla dels Caputxins.

 

At the southern end of the Ramblas is the Christopher Columbus Monument and the Port Vell, the old port of Barcelona, now largely given over to pleasure craft. Near to the port end of the Rambla are the Royal Dockyards (in Catalan, Drassanes), which house a maritime museum specifically devoted to naval history in the Mediterranean.

 

Extensions at either end of the Rambla also carry the name Rambla, but are not normally considered part of La Rambla itself. To the north, the Rambla de Catalunya extends into the Eixample district. To the south, construction of the Maremàgnum in the early 1990s resulted in a continuation of La Rambla on a wooden walkway into the harbour called the Rambla de Mar.

The tree lined central promenade of the Rambla is crowded during the day and until late in the night. Its origins as a watercourse are reflected in the paving design, which appears to ripple like water. Along the promenade's length are kiosks that sell newspapers and souvenirs, other kiosks selling flowers, street traders, performers, and pavement cafes and bars. Several notable sights are also located within the promenade, including a mosaic by Joan Miró, and the Font de Canaletes, a famous fountain and popular meeting point.

The Spanish poet Federico García Lorca once said that La Rambla was "the only street in the world which I wish would never end."

12ft. mural painted by Steve

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1WhsHUv

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader bit.ly/14YAzQk

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at bit.ly/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1Z6BH06

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1NB68ep

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

SCAN TRADER I: IMO 5254979

Built 1960, Ekensbergs Varv, Stockholm, Sweden. (Yard No. 223) as NORDANVIK

GRT: 1916 / DWT: 2640

Length Overall: 89.3 metres x Beam : 12.6 metres

Service Speed 13.5 knots

Machinery: Single Screw driven by a Augusburg-Nuenburg (MAN) 4 stroke single acting 6 cylinder oil engine

 

HISTORY

1960: NORDANVIK : Skanska Cement A/B : Port of Registry (POR) Malmo

1971: NORDANVIK : Cementa A/B: POR Malmo

1974: NORDANVIK : Industri A/B: POR Malmo

1974: NORDANVIK : Sven J.Borelius PR: POR Malmo

1975: Lengthened to 102.8metres. Revised tonnages: GRT: 2610/ DWT: 3322

1981: NORDANVIK : Saleninvest A/B & Cement A/B: POR Stockholm

1983: SCAN TRADER I : Circle Shipping Ltd : POR ? UK

1984: SCAN TRADER : Circle Maritime International : POR Panama

1988: SEA TRADER I : Replica Commercial Inc : POR Panama

1990: PATRIC M. : ?? : POR Panama

1990: TAUNUS : ?? : POR Panama

1990: MEERA : Infolink Investments Ltd : POR Panama

1991: MEERAA: Infolink Investments Ltd : POR Panama

1996: TOPAZ : AllIed Projects (Overseas) Ltd : POR Panama

1996: AL-MANJEEL : Abu Qurrah Oil Well Maintenance Establishment : POR Abu Dhabi

1996: AL-MANJEEL : Abu Qurrah Oil Well Maintenance Establishment : POR La Paz

2001: JASSIM II : Mohd.Fihid Alremzani : POR Doha

2003: GULF V : ?? : POR Doha

2003: Broken up at Mumbai

 

Photographed on the 1 July 1984 at Tilbury Docks.

 

Ship Details : Miramar - May 2020 / Marine News

 

 

www.flickr.com/photos/egwu/54461887635

 

Former US Navy C-1A Trader civil registered as N189G in US Navy USS Independence markings as 146044

 

Beaufort air show 2025.

Opened 1963.

22 Park Ln, Mayfair, London

Christmas Eve

Dinner

Camera Traders sign, Market Square, Victoria.

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1JgfK6p

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

(further information and pictures you can get by clicking on the link at the end of page!)

Mariahilferstraße

Mariahilferstraße, 6th, 7th, 14th and 15th, since 1897 (in the 6th and 7th district originally Kremser Sraße, then Bavarian highway, Laimgrubner main road, Mariahilfer main street, Fünfhauserstraße, Schönbrunnerstraße and Penzinger Poststraße, then Schönbrunner Straße), in memory of the old suburb name; Mariahilf was an independent municipality from 1660 to 1850, since then with Gumpendorf, Magdalenengrund, Windmühle and Laimgrube 6th District.

From

aeiou - the cultural information system of the bm: bwk

14,000 key words and 2000 pictures from history, geography, politics and business in Austria

www.aeiou.at

Mariahilferstraße, 1908 - Wien Museum

Mariahilferstraße, 1908

Picture taken from "August Stauda - A documentarian of old Vienna"

published by Christian Brandstätter - to Book Description

History

Pottery and wine

The first ones who demonstrably populated the area of ​​today's Mariahilferstraße (after the mammoth) were the Illyrians. They took advantage of the rich clay deposits for making simple vessels. The Celts planted on the sunny hills the first grape vines and understood the wine-making process very well. When the Romans occupied at the beginning of our Era Vienna for several centuries, they left behind many traces. The wine culture of the Celts they refined. On the hill of today's Mariahilferstraße run a Roman ridge trail, whose origins lay in the camp of Vindobona. After the rule of the Romans, the migration of peoples temporarily led many cultures here until after the expulsion of the Avars Bavarian colonists came from the West.

The peasant Middle Ages - From the vineyard to the village

Thanks to the loamy soil formed the winery, which has been pushed back only until the development of the suburbs, until the mid-17th Century the livelihood of the rural population. "Im Schöff" but also "Schöpf - scoop" and "Schiff - ship" (from "draw of") the area at the time was called. The erroneous use of a ship in the seal of the district is reminiscent of the old name, which was then replaced by the picture of grace "Mariahilf". The Weinberg (vineyard) law imposed at that time that the ground rent in the form of mash on the spot had to be paid. This was referred to as a "draw".

1495 the Mariahilfer wine was added to the wine disciplinary regulations for Herrenweine (racy, hearty, fruity, pithy wine with pleasant acidity) because of its special quality and achieved high prices.

1529 The first Turkish siege

Mariahilferstraße, already than an important route to the West, was repeatedly the scene of historical encounters. When the Turks besieged Vienna for the first time, was at the lower end of today Mariahilferstrasse, just outside the city walls of Vienna, a small settlement of houses and cottages, gardens and fields. Even the St. Theobald Monastery was there. This so-called "gap" was burned at the approach of the Turks, for them not to offer hiding places at the siege. Despite a prohibition, the area was rebuilt after departure of the Turks.

1558, a provision was adopted so that the glacis, a broad, unobstructed strip between the city wall and the outer settlements, should be left free. The Glacis existed until the demolition of the city walls in 1858. Here the ring road was later built.

1663 The new Post Road

With the new purpose of the Mariahilferstrasse as post road the first three roadside inn houses were built. At the same time the travel increased, since the carriages were finally more comfortable and the roads safer. Two well-known expressions date from this period. The "tip" and "kickbacks". In the old travel handbooks of that time we encounter them as guards beside the route, the travel and baggage tariff. The tip should the driver at the rest stop pay for the drink, while the bribe was calculated in proportion to the axle grease. Who was in a hurry, just paid a higher lubricant (Schmiergeld) or tip to motivate the coachman.

1683 The second Turkish siege

The second Turkish siege brought Mariahilferstraße the same fate. Meanwhile, a considerable settlement was formed, a real suburb, which, however, still had a lot of fields and brick pits. Again, the suburb along the Mariahilferstraße was razed to the ground, the population sought refuge behind the walls or in the Vienna Woods. The reconstruction progressed slowly since there was a lack of funds and manpower. Only at the beginning of the 18th Century took place a targeted reconstruction.

1686 Palais Esterhazy

On several "Brandstetten", by the second Turkish siege destroyed houses, the Hungarian aristocratic family Esterhazy had built herself a simple palace, which also had a passage on the Mariahilferstrasse. 1764 bought the innkeeper Paul Winkelmayr from Spittelberg the building, demolished it and built two new buildings that have been named in accordance with the Esterhazy "to the Hungarian crown."

17th Century to 19th Century. Fom the village to suburb

With the development of the settlements on the Mariahilferstraße from village to suburbs, changed not only the appearance but also the population. More and more agricultural land fell victim to the development, craftsmen and tradesmen settled there. There was an incredible variety of professions and trades, most of which were organized into guilds or crafts. Those cared for vocational training, quality and price of the goods, and in cases of unemployment, sickness and death.

The farms were replaced by churches and palaces, houses and shops. Mariahilf changed into a major industrial district, Mariahilferstrasse was an important trading center. Countless street traders sold the goods, which they carried either with them, or put in a street stall on display. The dealers made themselves noticeable by a significant Kaufruf (purchase call). So there was the ink man who went about with his bottles, the Wasserbauer (hydraulic engineering) who sold Danube water on his horse-drawn vehicle as industrial water, or the lavender woman. This lovely Viennese figures disappeared with the emergence of fixed premises and the improvement of urban transport.

Private carriages, horse-drawn carriages and buggies populated the streets, who used this route also for trips. At Mariahilferplatz Linientor (gate) was the main stand of the cheapest and most popular means of transport, the Zeiselwagen, which the Wiener used for their excursions into nature, which gradually became fashionable. In the 19th Century then yet arrived the Stellwagen (carriage) and bus traffic which had to accomplish the connection between Vienna and the suburbs. As a Viennese joke has it, suggests the Stellwagen that it has been so called because it did not come from the spot.

1719 - 1723 Royal and Imperial Court Stables

Emperor Charles VI. gave the order for the construction of the stables to Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach. 1772 the building was extended by two houses on the Mariahilferstrasse. The size of the stables still shows, as it serves as the Museum Quarter - its former importance. The Mariahilferstraße since the building of Schönbrunn Palace by the Imperial court very strongly was frequented. Today in the historic buildings the Museum Quarter is housed.

The church and monastery of Maria Hülff

Coloured engraving by J. Ziegler, 1783

1730 Mariahilferkirche

1711 began the renovation works at the Mariahilferkirche, giving the church building today's appearance and importance as a baroque monument. The plans stem from Franziskus Jänkl, the foreman of Lukas von Hildebrandt. Originally stood on the site of the Mariahilferkirche in the medieval vineyard "In Schoeff" a cemetery with wooden chapel built by the Barnabites. Already in those days, the miraculous image Mariahilf was located therein. During the Ottoman siege the chapel was destroyed, the miraculous image could be saved behind the protective walls. After the provisional reconstruction the miraculous image in a triumphal procession was returned, accompanied by 30,000 Viennese.

1790 - 1836 Ferdinand Raimund

Although in the district Mariahilf many artists and historical figures of Vienna lived , it is noticeable that as a residence they rather shunned the Mariahilferstraße, because as early as in the 18th Century there was a very lively and loud bustle on the street. The most famous person who was born on the Mariahilferstrasse is the folk actor and dramatist Ferdinand Raimund. He came in the house No. 45, "To the Golden deer (Zum Goldenen Hirschen)", which still exists today, as son of a turner into the world. As confectioners apprentice, he also had to visit the theaters, where he was a so-called "Numero", who sold his wares to the visitors. This encounter with the theater was fateful. He took flight from his training masters and joined a traveling troupe as an actor. After his return to Vienna, he soon became the most popular comedian. In his plays all those figures appeared then bustling the streets of Vienna. His most famous role was that of the "ash man" in "Farmer as Millionaire", a genuine Viennese guy who brings the wood ash in Butte from the houses, and from the proceeds leading a modest existence.

1805 - 1809 French occupation

The two-time occupation of Vienna by the French hit the suburbs hard. But the buildings were not destroyed fortunately.

19th century Industrialization

Here, where a higher concentration of artisans had developed as in other districts, you could feel the competition of the factories particularly hard. A craftsman after another became factory worker, women and child labor was part of the day-to-day business. With the sharp rise of the population grew apartment misery and flourished bed lodgers and roomers business.

1826

The Mariahilferstraße is paved up to the present belt (Gürtel).

1848 years of the revolution

The Mariahilferstraße this year was in turmoil. At the outbreak of the revolution, the hatred of the people was directed against the Verzehrungssteuerämter (some kind of tax authority) at the lines that have been blamed for the rise of food prices, and against the machines in the factories that had made the small craftsmen out of work or dependent workers. In October, students, workers and citizens tore up paving stones and barricaded themselves in the Mariahilfer Linientor (the so-called Linienwall was the tax frontier) in the area of ​​today's belt.

1858 The Ring Road

The city walls fell and on the glacis arose the ring-road, the now 6th District more closely linking to the city center.

1862 Official naming

The Mariahilferstraße received its to the present day valid name, after it previously was bearing the following unofficial names: "Bavarian country road", "Mariahilfer Grund Straße", "Penzinger Street", "Laimgrube main street" and "Schönbrunner Linienstraße".

The turn of the century: development to commercial street

After the revolution of 1848, the industry displaced the dominant small business rapidly. At the same time the Mariahilferstraße developed into the first major shopping street of Vienna. The rising supply had to be passed on to the customer, and so more and more new shops sprang up. Around the turn of the century broke out a real building boom. The low suburban houses with Baroque and Biedermeier facade gave way to multi-storey houses with flashy and ostentatious facades in that historic style mixture, which was so characteristic of the late Ringstrasse period. From the former historic buildings almost nothing remained. The business portals were bigger and more pompous, the first department stores in the modern style were Gerngross and Herzmansky. Especially the clothing industry took root here.

1863 Herzmansky opened

On 3 March opened August Herzmansky a small general store in the Church Lane (Kirchengasse) 4. 1897 the great establishment in the pin alley (Stiftgasse) was opened, the largest textile company of the monarchy. August Herzmansky died a year before the opening, two nephews take over the business. In 1928, Mariahilferstraße 28 is additionally acquired. 1938, the then owner Max Delfiner had to flee, the company Rhonberg and Hämmerle took over the house. The building in Mariahilferstrasse 30 additionally was purchased. In the last days of the war in 1945 it fell victim to the flames, however. 1948, the company was returned to Max Delfiner, whose son sold in 1957 to the German Hertie group, a new building in Mariahilferstrasse 26 - 30 constructing. Other ownership changes followed.

1869 The Pferdetramway

The Pferdetramway made it first trip through the Mariahilferstraße to Neubaugasse.

Opened in 1879 Gerngroß

Mariahilferstraße about 1905

Alfred Gerngross, a merchant from Bavaria and co-worker August

Herzmanskys, founded on Mariahilferstrasse 48/corner Church alley (Kirchengasse) an own fabric store. He became the fiercest competitor of his former boss.

1901 The k.k. Imperial Furniture Collection

The k.k. Hofmobilien and material depot is established in Mariahilferstrasse 88. The collection quickly grew because each new ruler got new furniture. Today, it serves as a museum. Among other things, there is the office of Emperor Franz Joseph, the equipment of Emperor Maximilian of Mexico from Miramare Castle, the splendid table of Charles VI. and the furniture from the Oriental Cabinet of Crown Prince Rudolf.

1911 The House Stafa

On 18 August 1911, on the birthday of Emperor Franz Joseph, corner Mariahilferstraße/imperial road (Kaiserstraße) the "central palace" was opened. The construction by its architecture created a sensation. Nine large double figure-relief panels of Anton Hanak decorated it. In this building the "1st Vienna Commercial sample collective department store (Warenmuster-Kollektivkaufhaus)", a eight-storey circular building was located, which was to serve primarily the craft. The greatest adversity in the construction were underground springs. Two dug wells had to be built to pump out the water. 970 liters per minute, however, must be pumped out until today.

1945 bombing of Vienna

On 21 February 1945 bombs fell on the Mariahilferstrasse, many buildings were badly damaged. On 10th April Wiener looted the store Herzmansky. Ella Fasser, the owner of the café "Goethe" in Mariahilferstrasse, preserved the Monastery barracks (Stiftskaserne) from destruction, with the help other resistance fighters cutting the fire-conducting cords that had laid the retreating German troops. Meanwhile, she invited the officers to the cafe, and befuddled them with plenty of alcohol.

www.wien-vienna.at/blickpunkte.php?ID=582

 

1962 Thames Trader AAS 944, G. Brandon & Son, Haigh, Wigan.

Fleetwood Festival of Transport (Tram Sunday) 2012

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1qF5HVf

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1PHH6qN

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader bit.ly/16gXox8

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at bit.ly/18pn161

Onego Trader general cargo ship departs Ellesmere Port to swing off Stanlow for the Crane Berth

 

She was assisted by M.S.C. Viking and M.S.C. Victory

 

x2 holds x2 hatches

 

Deck Crane: x2 cranes @ 40t - Combination @ 80t

 

TEU: 552 - 356 @ 14t - 25 Reefers

 

Design: Volharding 8700

 

Flag: Portugal

 

IMO: 9238351

 

MMSI: 255806180

 

Call sign: CQAI2

 

Detailed vessel type: General Cargo Ship

 

Gross Tonnage: 6301t

 

Deadweight: 8930t

 

Design Draught: 7.49m

 

Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 132.50m x 15.87m

 

Year Built: 2001

 

Registered owner: WHITE MOON SHIPPING LTD

 

Ship manager/Commercial manager: LIBERTY BLUE SHIPMANAGEMENT

 

ISM: LIBERTY BLUE SHIPMANAGEMENT

 

Shipyard: Volharding Groep Waterhuizen, Netherlands

 

Hull number: 347

 

Keel laid: 01st Sep 2000

 

Launch: 18th May 2001

 

Date of build: 11th Jul 2001

 

Engine: x1 Caterpillar Motoren MaK 8M32C 4 stroke 8 @ 600rpm

 

Engine Power kW: 3960kW

 

x1 Controllable Pitch Propeller

 

x1 Tunnel Bow Thruster @ 500kW

 

Speed: 14knots

Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Truly Asia. By Shangri-La.

...wine well worth mooning over.

Oldie of the Year Awards 2018

Oldie of the Year

Dame Vera Lynn (100)

Palmer d’Or Oldie of the Year

Geoffrey Palmer (90)

Oldie Drama King of the Year

Alan Ayckbourn (78)

Oldie Woman Ahead of her Time

April Ashley (82)

Oldie 21st Century Fox of the Year

Basil Brush

My Dear Oldie Thing of the Year

Henry Blofeld (78)

Oldie Political Legend of the Year

Baroness Williams of Crosby Shirley Williams (87)

   

The general cargo ship Shetland Trader makes it way up Southampton Water.

 

The ship built in 1992 and with a deadweight of 2386 tones was struggling against both the tide and wind!

April 23, 2015 on our trip to the blipmeet at Wanaka, Central Otago in New Zealand. www.polaroidblipfoto.com/browse/me

 

Late in the day we are back in Cromwell. We are now walking over to taste some wines from the Wooing tree vineyard.

www.wooingtree.co.nz/

 

Cromwell is located in the valley of the Upper Clutha, deep in the heart of the dry interior of Central Otago... in a landscape of bare brown hills, of tussock and briar, of purple thyme and tors of schist, of broad basins and fertile valleys, of Lake Dunstan's pristine waters and of gorges carved by two great rivers... a landscape first trodden by the Maori hunter and trader, opened to European settlement by the sheepmen, exploited and transformed by the gold seekers and later by the dam builders... and now home to the merino and deer farmer, to orchards and vineyards, to artists and artisans and to those, tempted by the landscape and history, climate and location and the myriad of pursuits offered on land and water, to visit this 'timeless land'.

For More Info: www.cromwell.org.nz/

Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia Truly Asia. By Shangri-La.

Some kind of wine bar and dim sum in a former pub building. Since become Mongolian Grill Hotpot Restaurant and Bar, and then closed. Reopened as The Old Town Tavern in 2019. (It was in the Good Beer Guide as Mistress P's.)

 

Address: 29 North Street.

Former Name(s): Mistress P's; The North Pole.

Owner: Enterprise Inns (former); Whitbread (former).

Links:

CAMRA

Pubs History (history)

Kemble 2008

 

Ford Thames Trader

Trader Joe's, Cherry Creek, Colorado

 

Editorial Use Only: Trader Joe's is a trademark of The Trader Joe's Company

Australian

  

Bass Trader (11)

  

1976-?

  

ANL Shipping Co

  

6,374 gross tons, 2,170 net. 7,483 dwt.

  

Lbd: 141.97 x 23.42 x 7.182 metres.

  

on7356252 Vehicle-deck vessel completed by New South Wales Government's State Dockyard at Newcastle for this concern. Twin screw.

  

Equiped with two 9 cylinder 4 stroke cycle engine single acting MAN type oil engines by Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd, Kobe. Driving twin controllable pitch propellers and a bow propeller. Service speed 14.5 knots.

  

1997 sold to Strintzis Lines S.A. Cyprus, converted into passenger/roro/ferry, 16537 gross tons and renamed Ionian Bridge. 1999 same owners and renamed Blue Bridge. 2004 sold to Meykel Shipping Line, Spain & renamed Mercedes Del Mar. Still in service

  

Details: Flotilla Australia

  

Photo Credits: The William T Barber Collection Vic Australia

via Classic Auto Trader bit.ly/1edF3J3

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at bit.ly/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader bit.ly/17ZSJpS

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at bit.ly/18pn161

via Classic Auto Trader ift.tt/1Q4VRlM

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at ift.tt/18pn161

Street trader in Monastiraki, Athens.

Canon A1 with Canon FD f1.2/55mm. Legacy Pro 100 expired 2011 in D-76 1+3 for 14.5min. 20C

 

This shot was taken just outside of the Basilica of Our lady of Lujan in the outskirts of Buenos Aires.

 

I don't like this shops/stands outside religious places

Taken at the Cornish Commercial Coastal Run June 2013

via Classic Auto Trader bit.ly/14YABaP

Click for More Classic Auto Trader at bit.ly/18pn161

1 2 ••• 16 17 19 21 22 ••• 79 80