View allAll Photos Tagged complex

Nikon D80

AF-S VR DX 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

Street photo

tokyo

2009

 

Ikebukuro (池袋) est un quartier fréquenté de Tōkyō (Japon), principalement actif dans le domaine du commerce et du spectacle. Il occupe le treizième rang en termes de prospérité économique. Il est situé dans l'arrondissement de Toshima. La plus grande librairie du Japon y est implantée. Il est également le lieu où se déroule l'action de la série TV Ikebukuro West Gate Park.

Film.Creo que la tomé con una Canon, no me acuerdo

El de abajo es Vaguín

Het was een tijdje terug, maar ik en mijn vader hadden een rondleiding bij het befaamde nieuwe trainings complex van vitesse, foto's gemaakt, maar vooral veel gefilmd, dat komt ooit nog samen tot een nieuwe Arnhem Report.

學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓

学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼

Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2016.05.18)

學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓

学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼

Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2015.03.20)

 

Nov.4, 2018: The Karnak Temple Complex, commonly known as Karnak, comprises a vast mix of temples, chapels, pylons, and other buildings near Luxor, in Egypt.

 

A cult temple dedicated to Amun, Mut and Khonsu. The largest religious building complex ever constructed. The temple of Karnak was known as Ipet-isu—or “most select of places”—by the ancient Egyptians. It is a city of temples built over 2,000 years and dedicated to the Theban triad of Amun, Mut, and Khonsu. This derelict place is still capable of overshadowing many wonders of the modern world and in its day must have been awe-inspiring.

 

For the largely uneducated ancient Egyptian population, this could only have been the place of the gods. It is the largest religious building ever made, covering about 200 acres (1.5 km by 0.8 km), and was a place of pilgrimage for nearly 2,000 years. The area of the sacred enclosure of Amun alone is sixty-one acres and could hold ten average European cathedrals. The great temple at the heart of Karnak is so big that St Peter’s, Milan, and Notre Dame Cathedrals would fit within its walls.

 

The Hypostyle hall, at 54,000 square feet (16,459 meters) and featuring 134 columns, is still the largest room of any religious building in the world. In addition to the main sanctuary there are several smaller temples and a vast sacred lake – 423 feet by 252 feet (129 by 77 meters). The sacred barges of the Theban Triad once floated on the lake during the annual Opet festival. The lake was surrounded by storerooms and living quarters for the priests, along with an aviary for aquatic birds.

 

Second Pylon entrance intro the hypostyle hall. in the fore ground is the remaining column of the Kiosk of Tahraqa

Second Pylon entrance intro the hypostyle hall. in the fore ground is the remaining column of the Kiosk of Tahraqa

The Egyptians believed that towards the end of annual agricultural cycle the gods and the earth became exhausted and required a fresh input of energy from the chaotic energy of the cosmos.

 

To accomplish this magical regeneration the Opet festival was held yearly at Karnak and Luxor. It lasted for twenty-seven days and was also a celebration of the link between pharaoh and the god Amun. The procession began at Karnak and ended at Luxor Temple, one and a half miles (2.4 kilometres) to the south.

 

The statue of the god Amun was bathed with holy water, dressed in fine linen, and adorned in gold and silver jewellery. The priests then placed the god in a shrine and onto the ceremonial barque supported by poles for carrying. Pharaoh emerged from the temple, his priests carrying the barque on their shoulders, and together they moved into the crowded streets. A troop of Nubian soldiers serving as guards beat their drums, and musicians accompanied the priests in song as incense filled the air.

 

At Luxor, Pharaoh and his priests entered the temple and ceremonies were performed to regenerate Amun, recreate the cosmos and transfer Amun’s power to Pharaoh. When he finally emerged from the temple sanctuary, the vast crowds cheered him and celebrated the guaranteed fertility of the earth and the expectation of abundant harvests.

During the festival the people were given over 11000 loaves of bread and more than 385 jars of beer, and some were allowed into the temple to ask questions of the god. The priests spoke the answers through a concealed window high up in the wall, or from inside hollow statues.

"Iskander" — a family of operational-tactical missile complexes (PTRC): Iskander, Iskander-E, Iskander-K, Iskander-M. Complex developed by the Kolomenskoye machine-building design Bureau (KBM).

twip assignment complex

The Jameh complex is a veritable museum of Islamic architecture while still functioning as a busy place of worship. Showcasing the best that nine centuries of artistic and religious endeavour has achieved, from the geometric elegance of the Seljuks to the more florid refinements of the Safavid era, a visit repays time spent examining the details – a finely carved column, delicate mosaics, perfect brickwork. Covering more than 20,000 sq metres, this is the biggest mosque in Iran.

Shojo Complex @ Jakarta Fair 2016

Nowoczesne Centrum Analityczno-Programowe dla Zaawansowanych Technologii Przyjaznych Środowisku w Lublinie

 

Zapraszam do współpracy!

facebook

fotoradarmm.pl

Patron: Selim II (Selim Şah bin Süleyman Şah Han, nicknamed Selim the Blond (Sarı Selim) or Selim the Drunk (Sarhoş Selim) 1524-1574), Sultan of the Ottoman Empire (r.1566-1574).

 

Architect: Mimar Sinan (Koca Mi'mâr Sinân Âğâ, Sinan Agha the Grand Architect or Grand Sinan (his birth name was Joseph) c. 1488/1490-1588), was the chief Ottoman architect, engineer and mathematician for sultans Suleiman the Magnificent (r.1520-1566), Selim II (1566-1574), and Murad III (r.1574-1595). He was responsible for the construction of more than 300 major structures.

Royal Palm complex view Tenerife.

Van Nelle Factory, Rotterdam The Netherlands – Architects: Brinkman and Van der Vlugt – masterplan 1914 – 1923; design 1923 – 1925; execution 1925 - 1931

The Van Nelle Factory is one of the highlights of the Modern Movement in the Netherlands. The impressive glass building is not only an example of functionalism and rational production, but also improved working conditions for workers in the twentieth century. The restored building is now one of the most important monuments of Rotterdam

The Firm Van Nelle was selling coffee, tea, tobacco and snuff in Rotterdam since 1782. The entirely new complex consists of the actual factory building, an office building, a warehouse, expedition and storage depots along the canal, a boiler house and several workshops. A cafeteria and sports fields were also to be found in the area. The factory building consists of three elongated in height sloping parts separated by stairwells. Tobacco has eight, coffee five and tea factory three floors. The staircases house the washing and changing facilities, toilets and lifts, separated for men and women. This allowed for continues factory floors and easily adjustable layouts. By using a concrete frame the non-load bearing facades could be made almost entirely of glass with only thin steel frames. Light and air could penetrate deep into the building. The expedition and storage strip along the water is connected to the main building by overhead conveyor bridges. Another sky bridge connects the plant to the office at the entrance of the complex. The office consists of a strip with two layers of offices and a large open space with glass walls and glass meeting rooms. The office follows the curve in the road. During construction, a tea room on the roof of the tobacco factory was added.

In 1942, low-rise warehouses designed by Brinkman and Van den Broek were realized. In 1974 at the back of the building, a new distribution centre was built. In 1951 other products such as pudding and chewing gum made their entrance. After a takeover by the American Standard Brands in 1989, Van Nelle competitor Sara Lee / Douwe Egberts, sold the complex in 1995, so it could finally get the status of national monument. Using the name Van Nelle Design Factory, the complex started a new life. The factory complex was restored by Wessel de Jonge and Claessens Erdmann. The transparency of the factory floor was maintained as much as possible by the new climate walls on the inside. The new inner facades are made of aluminium and therefore clearly identifiable as new elements. On the floors office spaces of various sizes have been realized for the creative sector. The ground floor is used for exhibitions and conferences. The adjacent buildings have been restored and are used by a number of architectural firms.

 

Del Villaggio - Five Ways Complex, Broad Street, Birmingham.

 

Has a temporary sign on the restaurant.

Dariali Monastery Complex with Georgian Orthodox Church near bordercrossing Georgia-Russia.

Inside the barracks – former army HQ in the Kampinos National Park west of Warsaw, Poland.

Judging by the glazing of the surface finish it seems the room behind the window was used as a kitchen while the room from which I took the shot probably served as a canteen. Many generations of soldiers must had been picking their army-issue dinners through this small window. It's all dust and silence now.

 

This photo is Best on black at Fluidr

 

See more at: www.visualmanuscripts.com or connect with me on Google+, Facebook or Twitter.

L'intérieur du Complexe Desjardins

Le Complexe Desjardins est un ensemble de gratte-ciel à Montréal, éponyme du groupe dont il abrite les bureaux, les Caisses Desjardins.

 

Sa tour sud mesure 152 mètres, soit 40 étages, et constitue le 8e plus haut édifice de la ville. Sa tour est, avec 130 mètres et 32 étages, est le 13e bâtiment le plus élevé de Montréal. Enfin, sa tour nord, avec 108 mètres et 28 étages, est la 28e tour la plus haute de la cité québécoise.

 

L'immeuble a été bâti en 1976. Avec le Complexe Desjardins de Lévis, où se situe le siège social, c'est l'édifice principal du Mouvement Desjardins.

 

Il est situé dans le quartier Sainte-Marie de l'arrondissement Ville-Marie, à Montréal.

 

Il est connecté à la ville souterraine et à deux stations de métro. Son concepteur est l'urbaniste Jean-Claude La Haye.

  

Pillow basalts in the Jurassic of California, USA.

 

The bulbous, rounded masses of volcanic rock seen here are pillow basalts. The morphology is diagnostic of underwater lava eruptions. These rocks are part of the Franciscan Complex - they represent the top portion of Jurassic-aged oceanic crust. This basaltic crust originally formed at an ancient mid-ocean ridge and got plastered onto the edge of the North American continent along a now-inactive subduction zone. The upper portions of the subducting oceanic slab (the Farallon Plate) got scraped off to form an accretionary wedge.

 

The basalts have been metamorphosed into greenstone, but much of the outcrop is still dark gray to black in color.

 

Stratigraphy: Franciscan Complex, Jurassic

 

Locality: Point Bonita, southwestern tip of the Marin Peninsula, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, north of San Francisco, coastal-western California, USA

 

Hamlet Street, Woonsocket, RI

Landschaftspark Duisburg

Ialomita Cave - Monastic complex Pestera

View of the Mir Castle Complex. See World's best castles here

Photographed at Roan Mountain Park

 

Plethodonts are able to loose their tail , which later grows back. This sacrifice is only done 'when needed' since it has an impact on the animal in general; the tail plays an important role in the courtship behavior (nuptial dance) and also functions as food storage. So they only make the sacrifice when really needed.

 

It does take several years before the tail grows back.

the hill complex of great zimbabwe is the oldest constructed area, dating from the beginning of the 12th century.

1 2 ••• 30 31 33 35 36 ••• 79 80