View allAll Photos Tagged complex

This temple complex lies around 2.5km southeast of the egyptian city of Dendera and extends to around 40.000 square meters.

mymemorysmuseumcurator

COMPLEX 1: Seth Orion Schwaiger at Pump Project.

This is the Veil Nebula in the constellation of Cygnus.

At approximately 1500 light years away, it is the result of a supernova that happened some 5000 years ago. It is a faint cloud of gas and dust that is about 3 degrees in diameter or 36 times the area of the full moon in the night sky. Not really happy with the processing and noise on this one but can't seem to improve on it. One to revisit on a rainy day...

Image Taken at the Oklahoma State Cowgirls vs Oklahoma Sooners Softball Game, Friday, May 4, 2018, Cowgirl Softball Complex, Stillwater, OK. Melissa Morales/OSU Athletics

Renderings of the new multi-sport complex

學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓

学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼

Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2018.05.09)

simulating complex systems by cellular automata alfons hoekstra, springer-verag

Los Angeles Firefighters joined allied agencies in battling a massive blaze at the Universal Studios complex on June 1, 2008. © Photo by Chris Conkle

From Gundam collection Complex. These are in normal color.

Victory Park, also known as the Victory Park Memorial Complex is a park located in Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan. It was planned in honor of the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.

 

The project was announced by President Shavkat Mirziyoyev in a holiday address on Victory Day in 2019. When describing the park, he said that it will be the "practical embodiment of our admiration for the people's feat in that cruel war." It was also conceived during a visit by Russian president Vladimir Putin to Tashkent in October 2018. The Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Culture and the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan worked on the creation of the park as a joint project. The park was officially opened on 9 May 2020 with full military honors.

 

Buildings such as a "Museum of Glory" were erected on the park's territory while designs such as an entrance arch were being installed. Historical memorabilia such as emblems, war flags and maps were added to the architectural ensemble of the park.

 

The Ode to Fortitude monument was erected in memory of Zulfiya Zakirova, an Uzbek mother who lost five sons during the war. The monument is located in the center of the park.

 

The Museum of Glory (Uzbek: «Шон-шараф» музейи) or Shon-Sharaf State Museum in the park is erected in the form of a man-made mound, inside which is located the main pavilion of the park is an exhibition dedicated to the history of Uzbekistan's participation in World War II. The museum consists of six departments. All accompanying information about the exhibits is presented in Uzbek, Russian and English. The museum has more than 12.5 thousand artifacts. Separate sections dedicated to ministries and departments within the Armed Forces are organized. It is part of the Victory Park Memorial Complex, the head of which is an advisor to the Minister of Defense for Culture.

 

In September 2020, a resolution of the President "On measures to organize the activities of the Victory Park Memorial Complex" was adopted, according to which, the activities of the Victory Park Memorial Complex are organized under the Ministry of Defense. With this being the case, the complex is classified as a state institution and a legal entity. As such, it has its own development fund. The head of the complex considered to be a special advisor to the Minister of Defense is appointed and dismissed by the Minister of Defense in agreement with the Minister of Culture.

 

The Center for Spirituality and Enlightenment, the Department of Information and Mass Communications, the Military Band Service and the Central Song and Dance Ensemble of the Armed Forces are located on the territory of the Complex.

Before Start of Democratic National Committee Maryland Election Eve Rally with President Joe Biden at Bowie State University Leonidas James Physical Education Complex at 1400 Jericho Park Road in Bowie MD on Monday night, 7 November 2022 by Elvert Barnes Photography

 

Elvert Barnes November 2022 at elvertxbarnes.com/2022

Miami, Florida

Listed 10/16/2018

Reference Number: 100003017

 

The Bacardi Complex in was constructed in 1963 and served as the first United States headquarters for the Bacardi corporation, a Cuban company notable for its rum. The Bacardi complex consists of two prominent buildings, the main tower and the Bacardi Imports Administration Annex building that was completed in 1973. The buildings are iconic examples of mid-century modern International-style architecture, notable for their uses of steel and glass, each featuring imaginative cantilevered overhangs as the bulk of the building. They are each emblazoned with artistic products, with the tower decorated with over 28,000 azulejo tiles painted and assembled by Brazilian artist Francisco Brennand. The Annex building’s four walls are entirely defined by stained-glass windows manufactured by French artists Gabriel and Jacques Loire based upon a painting by German artist Johannes Dietz. The buildings are notable for the way they embrace international influences within architecture and art to create visually impressive works.

 

Since the establishment of the company in 1862 in Santiago de Cuba, the business has successfully expanded the branding, production, and headquarter sites outside of Cuba. Bacardi’s buildings in Miami have aimed to create and promote a visual identity for the corporation, one which is simultaneously past and forward-looking, with an appreciation of the natural and the man-made. Bacardi’s buildings are attempts to express concepts larger than mere business, combining art and architecture to tell a larger story.

 

National Register of Historic Places Homepage

 

Bacardi Complex Miami, Florida

 

National Register of Historic Places on Facebook

Danuerys De La Cruz. Tigers West vs Tigers East. Florida Complex League. Tigertown. Lakeland, Fla. Sept. 11, 2021. (©Tom Hagerty)

Complex Director Office in Starin Hall at UW Whitewater.

The 2022 Kimble Complex Fire was the largest wildfire in Wayne National Forest history. It started out as several smaller wildfires on a day with enhanced fire weather conditions, grew into a single large wildfire, and then blew up in size as fire weather conditions worsened. By the end, it burned 1,338 acres and took dozens of wildland firefighters, multiple fire engines, dozers, and more to contain. The cause of the wildfire remains under investigation.

 

The Kimble Complex Fire came on the heels of dozens of small and medium size wildfires that occurred throughout southeast Ohio during the fall fire season. Between October 8 and November 22, our wildland firefighters responded to an average of 1.5 wildfires a day.

 

We rely on you to be fire aware and help prevent wildfires in the first place! Know your state and local fire laws, follow the statewide 6 AM to 6 PM burn bans during the spring and fall fire seasons, never leave fires unattended, and always put fires completely out until they are cool to the touch. Remember, only YOU can help prevent wildfires!

 

Forest Service photo by Corey Smith.

Knoxville, Tennessee 052420 JEF_9675-a

The 1880 main building of the Scarborough Spa was added to in 1920's by the addition of the Ocean Ballroom designed by Frank Tugwell. Grade 2* listed.

Kennedy Space Center

Cape Canaveral, Florida USA

December 2014

The Orchha Fort complex, which houses a large number of ancient monuments consisting of the fort, palaces, temple and other edifices, is located in the Orchha town in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The fort and other structures within it were built by the Bundela Rajputs starting from early 16th century by King Rudra Pratap Singh of the Orchha State and others who followed him.

 

The fort complex, which is accessed from an arched causeway, leads to a large gateway. This is followed by a large quadrangular open yard surrounded by palaces. These are Raja Mahal or Raja Mandir, Sheesh Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, a temple, gardens and pavilions. The battlements of the fort have ornamentation. Notable architectural features in the fort complex are projected balconies, open flat areas and decorated latticed windows.

 

LOCATION

The fort complex is located in the Tikamgarh district of Madhya Pradesh in the erstwhile state of Orchha. The fort complex is within an island formed by the confluence of the Betwa River and Jamni River in Orchha town. Approach to the complex from the eastern part of the market in the town is through a multiple arched bridge with 14 arches built in granite stones.

 

Orchha town is approximately 80 kilometres away from Tikamgarh town, which is the district headquarters of the district of the same name. Jhansi town is 15 kilometres away. Orchha is a railway station of the Central Railway on the Jhansi-Manikpur section.

 

HISTORY

The fort was built following the founding of the Orchha State in 1501 AD by Rudra Pratap Singh (r. 1501–1531), a Bundela rajput. The palaces and temples within the fort complex were built over a period of time by successive Maharajas of the Orchha State. Of these, the Raja Mandir or Raja Mahal was built by Madhukar Shah who ruled from 1554 to 1591. Jahangir Mahal and Sawan Bhadon Mahal were built during the reign of Vir Singh Deo (r. 1605–1627). The features of "pepper pots and domes" seen in the fort complex are believed to have inspired Lutyens in the architecture of the structures which he built in New Delhi.

 

MONUMENTS

The fort complex, accessed from an arched causeway, leads to a large gateway followed by a large quadrangular open space which is surrounded by palaces such as Raja Mahal or Raja Mandir, Sheesh Mahal, Jahangir Mahal, a temple, gardens and pavilions. The fort walls have battlements, which have ornamentation. Notable architectural features seen in the fort complex consist of projected balconies, open flat areas and decorated latticed windows.

 

RAJA MAHAL

The Raja Mahal (King’s Palace), where the kings and the queens had resided till it was abandoned in 1783, was built in the early part of 16th century. Its exterior is simple without any embellishments but the interior chambers of the palace are elaborately royal in its architectural design, decorated with murals of social and religious themes of gods, mythical animals and people. In the upper floor of the palace there are traces of mirrors in the ceilings and walls. Its windows, arcaded passages and layout plan are designed in such a way that the "sunlight and shadow create areas of different moods and temperatures throughout the day". The interior walls of the Mahal have murals of Lord Vishnu. The Mahal has several secret passages.

 

A part of this Mahal was converted into a temple and named Rama Raja Temple in honour of the god Rama. There is legend associated with naming it as a temple. According to a local legend, the temple was built following Rani Ganeshkuwari, the queen getting a "dream visitation" by Lord Rama directing her to build a temple for Him; while Madhukar Shah was a devotee of Krishna, his wife's dedication was to Rama. Following this a new temple known as the Chaturbuj Temple was approved to be built, and the queen went to Ayodhya to obtain an image of Lord Rama that was to be enshrined in her new temple. When she came back from Ayodhya with the image of Rama, initially she kept the idol in her palace as the Chaturbuj Temple was still under construction. She was, however, unaware of an injunction that the image to be deified in a temple could not be kept in a palace. Once the temple construction was completed and the idol of the lord had to be moved for installation at the Chatrubhuj Temple, it refused to be shifted from the palace. Hence, instead of the Chaturbhuj Temple, the Rama's idol remained in the palace where as the Chaturbhuj Temple remained without an idol in its sanctum. As Rama was worshipped in the palace, part of the palace was converted into the Rama Raja Temple; it is the only shrine in the country where Rama is worshipped as a King. The temple is guarded by a police force and the deity, Lord Rama, is considered as the king and is given a gun salute of honour every day.

 

SHEESH MAHAL

Sheesh Mahal is flanked on either side by the Raja Mahal and the Jahangir Mahal. This has royal accommodation, which was built for king Udait Singh. It has now been converted into a hotel. The interior of this edifice consists of a huge impressive hall with high ceiling, which is the dining hall. Its recent colour scheme renovations are an eyesore. But staying in two of its royal suites on the upper floor, which provide scenic views of the town, gives the guest a feeling of royalty.

 

JAHANGIR MAHAL

Jahangir Mahal is a palace that was exclusively built by Bir Singh Deo in 1605 to humor the Mughal emperor Jahangir who was a guest of the Maharaja for one night only. The palace is built in four levels with elegant architectural features of both Muslim and Rajput architecture. Its layout is a symmetrical square built in the inner courtyard of the fort and has eight large domes. It has a plethora of rooms with arcaded openings, projecting platforms and windows with lattice design work. The roof above top floor of this Mahal is accessed through a steep stairway. It provides picture perfect views of the temples and the Betwa River outside the fort complex. The palace also houses a small archaeological museum.

 

The entrance gate from this palace, which was earlier the main gate and which has carved ornamentation, leads to the royal baths and then to an elegant small dwelling unit built within a garden in typical Mughal architectural style; this had been built exclusively for Rai Parveen, the female escort of the Raja Indramani (1672 – 76); her large-size portrait in a revealing and seductive attire adorns hall in this Mahal. She was a poet and musician. The building is a double storied structure built with bricks, rising to the height of the trees in the well tended garden called Anand Mahal. The garden is laid out with octagonal flower beds and has good network of water supply. There are niches in the Mahal which permit natural light to the main hall and smaller rooms.

 

It is said that Emperor Akbar (r. 1556 – 1605) who was enamored by Parveen's beauty had taken her to his palace in Agra to be his courtesan. But Parveen, who wanted to get out of the situation, composed a gazal or a couplet which stated her status as an already used woman not fit for an emperor, which enabled her to get release from Akbar's court and return to Orchha.

 

PHOOL BAGH

Phool Bagh is an elegantly laid out garden in the fort complex which has a line of water fountains that terminates in a "palace-pavilion" which has eight pillars. Below this garden is an underground structure which was used by the royalty as a cool summer retreat. This cooling system consists of water ventilation system that is linked to an underground palace with "Chandan Katora", which is in the shape of a bowl from where fountains of droplets trickle through the roof creating rainfall.

 

WIKIPEDIA

Adding household ammonia to a copper sulfate solution produces a deep blue compound that is one of the nicest blues in the world...

Since my wife had to work today, I decided to bring a camera to Northeast Park at the Raymond B. Pennington Athletic Complex in Lumberton, NC.

Shot with iPhone 4S

 

[These photos are under a Creative Commons license. If you wish to license them for commercial purposes, want to purchase prints or are interested in commissioning me to take photos, please send me a Flickr mail or visit my website, www.memoriesbymike.zenfolio.com/, for contact information. Thanks.]

Complexul Edelweiss este alcatuit din 7 vile realizate in stil arhitectural austriac.

 

Pentru rezervari: e-mail: costi_doc@yahoo.com sau tel. 0723923449

   

立法會綜合大樓會議室1

立法会综合大楼会议室1

Conference Room 1 of the Legislative Council Complex

tenten opstelling in Alphen aan den Rijn

學校/團體參觀立法會綜合大樓

学校/团体参观立法会综合大楼

Visits to the Legislative Council Complex by schools/organizations (2015.10.23)

 

Cordillera Day Camp 2014

 

Photography by Elise Pace

Shojo Complex @ Jakarta Fair 2016

Monkey figurines at the Fu Lu Shou Complex for the Chinese New Year festival celebrations.

MHG30102 - Industrial Complex, Ard Neackie

Grid reference Centred NC 4465 5971 (276m by 378m)

Map sheet NC45NW

Geographical Area SUTHERLAND

Civil Parish DURNESS

---

Ard Neackie, Limekilns, Quarry

Quarry (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Ard Neackie, Limekilns, Quarry

Classification Quarry (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Heilam Ferry; Eriboll Limeworks

Canmore ID 4930

Site Number NC45NW 20

NGR NC 4466 5968

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink canmore.org.uk/site/4930

---

1 2 ••• 26 27 29 31 32 ••• 79 80