View allAll Photos Tagged bath
Bath Street connects the Kings Bath, at the east end of the Street, and the Cross Baths at the far end. It was designed by Thomas Baldwin, and started in 1791. It has colonnades with twenty-one bays of columns on both sides. These gave shelter for sedan chairs carrying sick occupants between the King’s Bath the Cross Baths.
One of the more beautiful structures from ancient Ethiopia is Fasilides Bath. King Fasilides commissioned the construction of what is know as Fasilides' Swimming pool, or Fasilides' Bath, beyond the the heart of the city north-west of the Qaha River. There is a two-storeyed battlemented palace standing in a square pool which receives it water from a canal filled by the river, but which is empty most of the time for sanitary reasons. Fasilides built the bath in the mid-1600s. Fasilides was emperor of Ethiopia from 1632 to 18 October 1667. Gondar, Ethiopia.
Bath time.
A Female Blackbird and a Starling having a bath together.Until the starling did not want too share.
Bath's one tower block, basking in the frosty morning light. A fog bank in the Avon Valley conceals Bathford.
Fotos de Ana Mari Lopez Tamayo para Catedrales e Iglesias
Parish Church in Bath, Somerset,of England,Iglesia Parroquial en Bath, Somerset, Inglaterra
It is located between Broad and Walcot Streets, which both merge onto Northgate Street. Located next to the Post Office Building, the south tower (referred to as the W tower) fronts Northgate street and dominates Bath's skyline. The current structure was designed by George Phillips Manners. It possesses a fine example of a Sweetland Organ.
The Church of St Michael's is known as St Michael's Without - it being the first church to be found outside the original city walls when exiting from the North Gate. The parish itself was known as St Michael's with St Paul's.
In 2013, with the closure of Holy Trinity Church Queen's Square, the parish boundary grew as the two parishes were merged under St Michael's. At this time, the parish reverted to its original name of St Michael's Without.
From Mondays to Saturdays, the church plays host to a cafe serving hot drinks, cakes and snacks
Se encuentra entre las calles Ancha y la nuez, que ambos se funden en Northgate Street. Situado al lado del edificio de Correos, la torre sur (conocido como la torre W) frentes calle Northgate y domina el horizonte de Bath. La estructura actual fue diseñado por George Phillips modales. Posee un buen ejemplo de un Sweetland Organ.
La Iglesia de San Miguel es conocido como San Miguel de Sin - siendo la primera iglesia que se encuentra fuera de las murallas originales de la ciudad al salir por la Puerta Norte. La parroquia en sà era conocido como San Miguel con San Pablo.
En 2013, con el cierre de la Plaza de la SantÃsima Trinidad Iglesia Reina, el lÃmite de la parroquia creció a medida que las dos parroquias se fusionaron bajo San Miguel. En este momento, la parroquia volvió a su nombre original de San Miguel de Sin.
De lunes a sábado, la iglesia alberga una cafeterÃa que sirve bebidas calientes, pasteles y bocadillos
Arthur Beach Hatt and Edward Beach Hatt were the sons of Sir Harry Hatt, the Mayor of Bath at the time of their deaths.
Information from the CWGC database:
Captain Arthur Beach Hatt, MC
Died 01/07/1916
Aged 27
"A" Coy., 8th Bn., Somerset Light Infantry
MC, Twice Mentioned in Despatches
Son of Sir Harry Hatt and Lady Hatt, of Sunnycroft, Bloomfield Park, Bath.
Gordon Dump Cemetery, Ovillers-la-Boisselle, Somme, France (II. M. 4.)
Concentrated from 57d.X.26.d.5.5.
Captain Edward Beach Hatt
Died 26/08/1916
Aged 23
"C" Coy., 7th Bn., Somerset Light Infantry
Son of Sir Harry and Lady Hatt, of "Sunny Croft," Bloomfield Park, Bath.
Bernafay Wood British Cemetery, Montauban, Somme (N. 33.)
Concentrated from 57c.S.20.c.
In Bath, their names also feature on a memorial in Bath Guildhall and on the war memorial in St Luke's Church, Lyncombe.
The other two casualties with the Hatt surname are probably:
Corporal Leonard Thomas Hatt
Service Number 506102
Died 14/06/1917
504th Field Coy., Royal Engineers
Arras Memorial, Pas-de-Calais, France (Bay 1.)
Sapper James Harry Hatt
Service Number 482265
Died 21/02/1919
Aged 22
24th Base Park Coy., Royal Engineers
Son of James and Sarah Hatt, of 67, Barnardiston Rd., Darnall, Sheffield.
Blargies Communal Cemetery Extension, Oise, France (I. G. 3.)
Leonard Thomas Hatt was born at High Wycombe in 1895, being the son of Thomas and Florence Hatt. The 1901 and 1911 Censuses respectively record him living with his family at Hughenden and High Wycombe. He enlisted in the Wessex Divisional RE at Bath in August 1914, when he was described as working as a shop assistant (his address as given as Abbeygate Street, Bath). His service records show that he was wounded (GSW chest) in April 1915, returning to the front with the 504th (Wessex) Field Coy in March 1917. Declared missing on the 14th-15th June 1917, he was later assumed to have died.
James Harry Hatt was born at Sheffield in 1896, being the son of James and Sarah Hatt. At the time of the 1911 Census, he was 14 years old and working as a haberdashery assistant. His death was announced in the Sheffield Daily Telegraph of the 27th February 1919, p. 4:
"HATT. – On 21st February, at Abancourt, France, 482265 Sapper James Harry, R.E. Signals over four years, the eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. J. Hatt, Milton Villa, Barnardiston Road, Darnall. Bronchial pneumonia."
Sapper Hatt's exact connection with Bath is unknown, although his name seems to also appear on a memorial in Magdalen Chapel, Holloway.