View allAll Photos Tagged Ownership
Richard Reiss, now owned by Lower Lakes Towing on this date of April 12, 2004 in South Chicago.
Pentax 67 on Agfa Scala.
Trelissick Garden is a garden in the ownership of the National Trust at Feock, near Truro, Cornwall, England, United Kingdom.
Trelissick Garden lies within the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Almost a third of Cornwall has AONB designation, with the same status and protection as a National Park.
The garden has been in the ownership of the National Trust since 1955 when it was donated by Ida Copeland following the death of her son Geoffrey. A stained glass memorial bearing the Copeland Crest remains to this effect in Feock parish church. The house and garden had formerly been owned and developed by the Daniell family, which had made its fortune in the 18th Century Cornish copper mining industry.
Many of the species that flourish in the mild Cornish air, including the rhododendrons and azaleas which are now such a feature of the garden, were planted by the Copelands including hydrangeas, camellias and flowering cherries, and exotics such as the ginkgo and various species of palm. They also ensured that the blossoms they nurtured had a wider, if unknowing audience. Mr Ronald Copeland was chairman and later managing director of his family's business, the Spode china factory. Flowers grown at Trelissick were used as models for those painted on ware produced at the works.
The Copeland family crest, a horse's head, now decorates the weathervane on the turret of the stable block, making a pair with the Gilbert squirrels on the Victorian Gothic water tower, an echo of the family who lived here in the second half of the 19th century (their ancestor, Sir Humphrey Gilbert, was lost at sea in his tiny ship Squirrel after discovering Newfoundland).
The garden is noted for its rare shrubs. It offers a large park, woodland walks, views over the estuary of the River Fal and Falmouth.
Ownership of the former Northfield campus was officially transferred from the National Christian Foundation to Thomas Aquinas College and The Moody Center on May 2, 2017. The gifting formalities and ceremonies were brought to a close at The Northfield Auditorium where a Celebration of Heritage and Faith: A Convocation for Prayer featured speakers and singers, including the NMH Select Womens' Ensemble.
Photography by Glenn Minshall.
platform.coop/events/conference-2019/
Coopathon! Designing an Index of the Digital Co-Op Space
Nov 7, 2019 11:00AM–4:00PM
Theresa Lang Community and Student Center - Room I202, 2nd Floor
Arnhold Hall
55 West 13th Street, NYC
Join us for a participatory session on how to map the cooperative digital economy in a way that is useful for all stakeholders. This gathering invites everyone to explore individual opportunities and propose solutions for a simple, searchable, and useful index of our ecosystem. In 2020, the index will be designed as part of the Platform Co-op Development Kit.
Questions motivating our session include:
How might we design a user experience that serves unique stakeholder information needs, from policymakers and funders to organizers and technologists and beyond?
How might we build a tool to discover and showcase the range of digital co-op projects around the world?
How might co-ops and other stakeholders take ownership and control of this index, ensure it benefits them, and keep it up-to-date?
Together, we’ll explore these questions and co-design collective solutions.
Facilitated by Danny Spitzberg
Ownership certificate of a new house being handed over to a female beneficiary. Most ownerships have been awarded in the names of female heads of households
Grady First Episode 1 Home Ownership Series Stacey Caldwell interviews a representative of a very popular and well-known building industry supplier, Tradelink as well as a very important member of the Grady First team Katie, a Sales Associate. We go public and chat to some Townsville locals, read what customers are saying about the Grady Homes team - and deliver you with some very important news. To find out more check out our website; www.gradyfirst.com.au Or speak with one of our friendly Specialist New Homes Consultants at one of our Grady Homes Display Homes in any of the following Estates in Townsville. North Shore Kalynda Chase River Parks Bushland Beach Fairfield Waters or call 07 47 950 911 to make an appointment Grady First - Simply More Affordable. - A Much Better Start to Life!
(more)(
Ah, the joys of home ownership! The bricks in our chimney are cracked on the inside of the shaft. All the way down. Apparently, one of the previous owners of the house had some pretty rip-roaring fires in the wood stove!
The cracks cause the chimney to fail to meet building code. So, today a specialist lined it, from stove to top, with stainless steel. It was expensive!
But now, two of our three summer projects are completed. Yesterday, we installed a new back door. No more wind blowing in this winter!
Ownership of this particular piece of property once laid in the hands of a industrialist that served on the cabinet of President Lincoln and later became a railroad president. Later on, it was passed on to his son, who commissioned acclaimed architect Horace Trumbauer to design the house that stands today.
During the Great Depression, the estate was acquired by a religious organization who used the house as an orphanage. After serving as a nursing home for some time, the building was closed in the mid 2000's.
Despite intentions to preserve the house as part of a park that is planned for the property, the prognosis does not look good. Left unguarded, the building has sat open to vandals and the elements, and if the deterioration continues, demolition seems the likely option....
Congress vice President Rahul Gandhi gave away the free hold ownership rights to 45 resettlement colony residents in Delhi. While addressing the gathering Rahul Gandhi praised the Sheila Dixit’s Congress Government in Delhi for its commendable efforts to transform Delhi into a world-class city. He also lauded Congress-led UPA Govt’s historic Food Security Bill.
More...
Thomas Aquinas: Quaestiones de quodlibet I-XII. [Rome: Georgius Lauer, ca. 1470]. Text page [9r] with ownership inscription of Celestine Monastery of Metz in the lower margin: "Istud volume[n] est co[n]ue[n]t[us] b[ea]te marie celestinor[um] de metis Thomae de aq[ui]no." Sp Coll Hunterian Bf.1.6.
Ownership of this photo collection is part of a family trust.
Images may be reproduced with proper permissions through Getty Images.
Any copyright infringements will be prosecuted.
Tutbury Castle is a largely ruinous medieval castle at Tutbury, Staffordshire, England, in the ownership of the Duchy of Lancaster. It is a Grade I listed building.
Tutbury Castle became the headquarters of Henry de Ferrers and was the centre of the wapentake of Appletree, which included Duffield Frith. With his wife Bertha, he endowed Tutbury Priory with two manors in about 1080. It would seem that Tutbury at that time was a dependency of the Norman abbey of St Pierre‑sur‑Dives.
The castle was destroyed by Prince Edward in 1264 after the rebellion of Robert de Ferrers, 6th Earl of Derby. In 1269, after a further rebellion the lands were given to Edmund Crouchback and have remained part of the Duchy of Lancaster
Apart from the 12th century chapel the ruins date from the 14th and 15th centuries when the castle was rebuilt. Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned in the castle in the 16th century.
It's been a year of Chevy VOLT ownership. Here's a basic overview of the energy use experienced so far....
The video doesn't fit in Flickr so I put it in my YouTube Channel. Here is a link....
Ex libris W M . G
[Ms. ownership inscription.]
Penn Libraries call number: Inc A-1221 Folio
Penn Libraries catalog record
The ceremony of Swan Upping takes place during the third week of July every year. Swan Upping dates from the twelfth century, when The Crown claimed ownership of all mute swans which were considered an important food source for banquets and feasts. Today The Crown retains the right of ownership of all unmarked mute swans in open water, but The Queen mainly exercises this right on certain stretches of the River Thames and its surrounding tributaries. This ownership is shared with the Vintners' and Dyers' Livery Companies who were granted rights of ownership by The Crown in the fifteenth century. The swans are counted but are no longer eaten.
The Queen's Swan Marker and the accompanying Swan Uppers of the Vintners' and Dyers' Livery Companies use six traditional Thames rowing skiffs in their five-day journey upstream to Abingdon. By tradition, scarlet uniforms are worn by The Queen's Swan Marker and Swan Uppers, and each boat flies the appropriate flag and pennant. Although Members of the Royal Family are not usually present during Swan Upping, The Queen travelled up the River Thames in 2009 to witness the historic ceremony.
It has always been the duty of the Sovereign’s Swan Marker to count the number of young cygnets each year and ensure that the swan population is maintained. The cygnets are weighed and measured to obtain estimates of growth rates and the birds are examined for any sign of injury, commonly caused by fishing hook and line. With the assistance of The Queen’s Swan Warden, Professor Christopher Perrins of the University of Oxford, the swans and young cygnets are also assessed for any signs of disease. The cygnets are ringed with individual identification numbers by The Queen's Swan Warden, whose role is scientific and non-ceremonial. The Queen's Swan Marker produces an annual report after Swan Upping detailing the number of swans, broods and cygnets counted during the week.
Apart from Swan Upping, The Queen's Swan Marker has other duties. He advises organisations throughout the country about swan welfare and incidents involving swans, gives talks to local schools and charities on the subject of swan welfare and Swan Upping, and monitors the health of the local swan population. The Queen’s Swan Marker works closely with swan rescue organisations, supervises the rescue of sick and injured swans and advises fishing and boating organisations about how to work with wildlife. He also co-ordinates the removal of swans from stretches of the River Thames used for summer rowing regattas.
In private ownership and still wearing its NBC green livery, 118 PKP an AEC Reliance with Harrington bodywork was caught in Tankerton Road car park, Whitstable on Wednesday 17th September 1980. 562.
Ownership came full-circle for this series of SD40-2s. They were originally ordered by CN, but later sold to KCS, in whose grey scheme they (kinda) remain. CN, through GTW, purchased them back from KCS, and with the GTW being totally absorbed into CN now, ownership is back with CN proper.
Burlaeus, Gualtherus: Expositio in artem veterem Porphyrii et Aristotelis (with text). Venice: Johannes Herbort, de Seligenstadt, 10 Dec. 1481. Final page of text (q3v) of a fragment of three leaves (q1-3) bound after a different edition of the same text; with colophon and ownership inscription of Dominicans - unidentified house- in lower margin: “Iste liber i[n]terest fr[atr]e d[ome]nico [conventus] .p. f. in sule [...] ordinis p[rae]d[ica]tor[um]”. Sp Coll BD9-d.9 (item 2).
Congress vice President Rahul Gandhi gave away the free hold ownership rights to 45 resettlement colony residents in Delhi. While addressing the gathering Rahul Gandhi praised the Sheila Dixit’s Congress Government in Delhi for its commendable efforts to transform Delhi into a world-class city. He also lauded Congress-led UPA Govt’s historic Food Security Bill.
More...
ex lib: Cong[regation]is. Missionis domus Papie[n]sis
[Ms. ownership inscription of the Vincentian house in Pavia, Italy. (The Congregatio Missionis was founded by St. Vincent de Paul in 1633.)
Established form: Vincentians.]
Penn Libraries call number: GC5 St274 559db
Adrianus Carthusiensis: De remediis utriusque fortunae. [Cologne: Ulrich Zel, ca. 1470]. Page of text ([3r]) with paragraph marks supplied in red; initial stroking in yellow; leaf is numbered “primu[m] foliu[m]” in a 16th-century hand in the upper margin; with ownership inscription of Metz, Lorraine, Celestine Monastery (suppressed 1774) in black ink in lower margin: “Istud volu[men] est co[n]ue[n]t[us] b[ea]te virginis ma[ri]e celestinor[um] de met[is]”. Sp Coll Hunterian By.3.30.
Congress vice President Rahul Gandhi gave away the free hold ownership rights to 45 resettlement colony residents in Delhi. While addressing the gathering Rahul Gandhi praised the Sheila Dixit’s Congress Government in Delhi for its commendable efforts to transform Delhi into a world-class city. He also lauded Congress-led UPA Govt’s historic Food Security Bill.
More...
"J. Cowper, 1720"
Ownership inscription of Judith Madan, née Cowper (1702-1781).
Judith Madan, née Cowper (1702-1781) was an English poet and grand daughter of Lady Sarah Cowper (1644–1720), the diarist, and aunt of William Cowper (1731-1800), the poet and hymnodist.
Established heading: Madan, Judith, 1702-1781
Penn Libraries call number: IC B6306 Eg620 1684 Folio
Ownership of this particular piece of property once laid in the hands of a industrialist that served on the cabinet of President Lincoln and later became a railroad president. Later on, it was passed on to his son, who commissioned acclaimed architect Horace Trumbauer to design the house that stands today.
During the Great Depression, the estate was acquired by a religious organization who used the house as an orphanage. After serving as a nursing home for some time, the building was closed in the mid 2000's.
Despite intentions to preserve the house as part of a park that is planned for the property, the prognosis does not look good. Left unguarded, the building has sat open to vandals and the elements, and if the deterioration continues, demolition seems the likely option....
Choose from Home Club or Portfolio membership types. Enjoy the benefits of luxury vacation homes around the world without the burdens. Visit us for more info at fractional ownership
Ms. inscription:
Ex Bibliotheca Monasterii Amorbacensis O.S.B.
[Early ms. ownership inscription of Abtei Amorbach, a Benedictine house in Bavaria, Germany, founded 734 and secularized 1803.
Established heading: Abtei Amorbach]
Penn Libraries call number: IC B6416 543r 1690 Folio
Ayscoughfee Hall, Spalding, Lincs
Ayscoughfee Hall was originally built in the 15th century, but like so many other old buildings has undergone much alteration. It is now in the ownership of the local council, and is used as a an museum.
www.sholland.gov.uk/leisure/ayscoughfee/ayscoughfeehall.htm
Ayscoughfee Hall, Church Gate, Spalding, Lincolnshire.
A former mansion developed from a substantial high status medieval open hall. Mid-C15 with C17 and C18 alterations.
Grade l listed.
The origins of Ayscoughfee Hall are not clearly documented, but recent dendrochronological dating of the building's roof timbers suggest a mid-C15 date for the felling of the timber used in its roof structures. Recent research indicates that the building was known as 'Aiscoughall' by the late C15 and that it was owned by successive members of the Gayton family. By 1557 the house was owned by Reginald Hall, whose son Robert sold Ayscoughfee to Thomas Wimberley in 1602. It was then exchanged or sold several more times in 1621, 1639 and 1658, when it became the property of the Johnson family. It remained in the family's ownership throughout the C18 and much of the C19, during which time, in 1712, Maurice Johnson established a Gentlemen's Society in Spalding. His son, also Maurice, was a founder member of the Society of Antiquaries, and lived at Ayscoughfee until his death in 1755. His son, Colonel Maurice Johnson, died in 1793, and was succeeded by the Reverend Maurice Johnson, the incumbent of Spalding Parish Church, who was to make significant alterations to the house. By 1808, he had completely remodelled its west front in the Gothick style and created a galleried entrance hall within the former open hall in the central range. By 1821 a single-storey extension had been added to the rear elevation. His grandson, the sixth Maurice, inherited the house in 1834, and began a second phase of significant alteration, remodelling the front elevation into its present form. These alterations are possibly the work of William Todd, who in 1843-4 designed the similarly-detailed Gamlyn Almshouses on Church Street. Additional rooms were added to the north of the north cross-wing, together with many alterations to the building's interior, including the creation of a panelled library in the south wing. The Johnson family left the house in 1851, and Ayscoughfee was leased to a succession of tenants until 1898, when the house was sold to a committee of Spalding citizens and conveyed as a public museum and recreation ground, the whole to serve as a permanent reminder of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. In 1902 it was transferred to Spalding Urban District Council and thence to South Holland District Council in 1974. It was later renovated and altered to form a museum which opened in 1987.
———————————————————————————————————————————————
Ayscoughfee Hall, Church Gate, Spalding, Lincolnshire
Grade I listed
List Entry Number: 1359532
National Grid Reference: TF2489922366
Summary
Museum, formerly a mansion developed from a substantial high status medieval open hall. Mid-C15 with C17 and C18 alterations, extensively remodelled between 1781 and 1808, and again c1834, together with further extensions. It was further altered to create the present museum which opened in 1987.
Reasons for Designation
Ayscoughfee Hall, on Church Gate, Spalding is designated at Grade I for the following principal reasons:
* Historic Fabric: Ayscoughfee Hall is a rich repository of historic fabric in terms of the survival of medieval structural brickwork and roof carpentry. Its significance in this respect is enhanced by the architectural quality of subsequent remodellings, which themselves are notable representations of influential architectural styles of the C18 and C19.
* Continuity: Ayscoughfee Hall represents the continuous evolution of a high status mansion from the mid-C14 to the end of the C19, involving significant phases of remodelling and extension which have nevertheless not obscured the imprint of the original medieval open hall plan.
* Roof Carpentry: Ayscoughfee Hall retains a remarkable and substantially complete range of medieval roof structures of varied form, with the arch-braced roof trusses of the open hall, scissor braced rafters with collars to the north cross-wing, and queen post trusses to the south cross-wing. The exceptional interest of the roof carpentry is further enhanced by dendrochronological evidence which indicates a single mid-C15 phase of roof construction.
* Complexity: The complex sequence of remodelling, alteration and enlargement evident at Ayscoughfee Hall is clearly and visibly expressed throughout the building with successive phases of change adding layers of interest to the medieval footprint.
* The hall has group value with its designed landscape which is on the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens at Grade ll.
History
The origins of Ayscoughfee Hall are not clearly documented, but recent dendrochronological dating of the building's roof timbers suggest a mid-C15 date for the felling of the timber used in its roof structures. Recent research indicates that the building was known as 'Aiscoughall' by the late C15 and that it was owned by successive members of the Gayton family. By 1557 the house was owned by Reginald Hall, whose son Robert sold Ayscoughfee to Thomas Wimberley in 1602. It was then exchanged or sold several more times in 1621, 1639 and 1658, when it became the property of the Johnson family. It remained in the family's ownership throughout the C18 and much of the C19, during which time, in 1712, Maurice Johnson established a Gentlemen's Society in Spalding. His son, also Maurice, was a founder member of the Society of Antiquaries, and lived at Ayscoughfee until his death in 1755. His son, Colonel Maurice Johnson, died in 1793, and was succeeded by the Reverend Maurice Johnson, the incumbent of Spalding Parish Church, who was to make significant alterations to the house. By 1808, he had completely remodelled its west front in the Gothick style and created a galleried entrance hall within the former open hall in the central range. By 1821 a single-storey extension had been added to the rear elevation. His grandson, the sixth Maurice, inherited the house in 1834, and began a second phase of significant alteration, remodelling the front elevation into its present form. These alterations are possibly the work of William Todd, who in 1843-4 designed the similarly-detailed Gamlyn Almshouses on Church Street. Additional rooms were added to the north of the north cross-wing, together with many alterations to the building's interior, including the creation of a panelled library in the south wing. The Johnson family left the house in 1851, and Ayscoughfee was leased to a succession of tenants until 1898, when the house was sold to a committee of Spalding citizens and conveyed as a public museum and recreation ground, the whole to serve as a permanent reminder of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. In 1902 it was transferred to Spalding Urban District Council and thence to South Holland District Council in 1974. It was later renovated and altered to form a museum which opened in 1987.
Details
MATERIALS: Red brick, much of which is medieval, with ashlar stone dressings, quoins, coped gables, crenellated parapets, tall brick ridge chimneys and slate roof coverings.
PLAN: The building has a modified H-shaped plan formed around the original open hall and its cross-wings with major extensions to the north cross-wing and a small addition to the south cross-wing. EXTERIOR: The entrance front (west elevation) has a five-bay, two-storey central range with advanced gables to the north and south cross-wings. Linking the cross-wings at the front of the central range is a five-bay loggia with pointed arch-headed openings and arcade piers with shallow stepped buttresses. These extend upwards through a shallow ashlar parapet pierced by quatrefoils to form low domed pinnacles. Behind the loggia are tall pointed arched windows which flank a centrally-placed doorway with slender attached columns to its surround and two-panelled double doors beneath an arched head. Above are five, two-light Y-traceried windows with cusped heads to the lights, set below a corbelled string course. Above this is a low crenellated parapet with a wide shallow broken pediment to its centre which supports a coat of arms surmounted by a stone eagle. The crenellated parapet is returned along the inner side walls of the advanced cross-wings which have elaborate Dutch gables. These have full-height canted bays incorporating mullioned windows with ogee-headed lights and shallow crenellated parapets. To the north of the north cross-wing is a substantial C15 tower which is square in plan and of three storeys, with a much taller stair turret at its south-west corner. The turret, extended in the C19, has a crenellated parapet set above machicolations. The tower's west elevation has a tall transomed C19 two-light window to each of the upper floors below a deep parapet. Its north wall has a wide projecting chimney breast supported by stone corbels. The rear (south) elevation is more representative of the building's many phases of development. The steeply-pitched gables of the cross-wings are plainly detailed, that to the north end now partially hidden behind mid-C19 extensions to the east of the cross-wing and to the tower further to the north. The gable has a first-floor three-light mullioned window set beneath a hood mould. To the left is a section of the rear wall of the former open hall and a much-restored medieval canted oriel window which originally lit the upper 'high' end of the open hall. The surrounding medieval brickwork here rises from a shallow and now much-decayed stone plinth and C19 crenellations have been added to the wall head and to the oriel. Further to the left is an advanced C19 extension to the hall with an ashlar turret to the right-hand corner, a ground floor doorway and an upper floor two-light mullioned window. To the left of this is a wide Tudor-arch-headed doorway with a three-pane rectangular over-light. The east gable of the south cross-wing has a ground floor Venetian window with narrow side lights and intersecting glazing bars to the central section and an enlarged and altered window opening at first-floor level which retains elements of the surrounds to two earlier openings, including a hood mould. The south elevation to the seven-bay two-storied section of the south cross-wing rises from a much earlier low stone plinth. It has late-C19 two-pane sash windows to the five western ground-floor bays and C19 two-light mullion and transom windows with hood moulds to the upper floor, all beneath a crenellated parapet. The remaining two-bay section has no visible openings, a single-storey garden room having been built against the east end of the cross-wing in the late C19.
INTERIOR: The interior of the building underwent significant early-C21 alteration as a result of its change of use to a museum. The principal ground- and first-floor rooms are now used as display galleries, and the spacious arcaded entrance hall is now a reception and sales area. The gallery above, supported by six slender columns with acanthus leaf decoration to the capitals, is accessed by means of the stair hall in the central part of the north cross-wing. A curved half-turn stair with landings, plain iron balusters and a ramped iron handrail leads to the gallery, which provides a link between the upper floor display areas in the two wings. The gallery ceiling, inserted beneath the medieval roof trusses of the open hall, has Adam's style plasterwork decoration, and other areas, such as the frieze below the iron balustrading and the door and window reveals, are similarly detailed. In the south cross-wing, most of the C19 interiors have been retained in the Library and Spalding Gentlemen's Society Room display areas. The Library is finished throughout with African mahogany and incorporates wall panelling, glass-fronted bookcases, panelled doors and moulded architraves. The other principal rooms within the cross-wings retain C18 and C19 hearths, but in the main have plain wall finishes and modern gallery lighting as befits their present gallery function. The tower and its undercroft are used as display and storage areas, but retain much early fabric throughout, including the remains of medieval door and window openings, the spiral stair in the stair turret, and at second-floor level, arch-braced roof trusses carried on the stubs of corner posts. The C19 extensions to the north cross-wing house the museum offices.
The adaptation of the building to museum use revealed much early fabric concealed by subsequent remodellings. The most significant survivals are the original roof structures to the open hall and the north and south cross-wings, all three of which display different high quality carpentry characteristics. The former open hall has arched-braced roof trusses with cambered tie beams and collars, ashlar posts, brattished wall plates, decorative pierced spandrels to the arch braces and two tiers of moulded purlins. The north wing roof structure is made up of 47 closely-spaced pairs of scissor-braced and collared rafters carried on ashlar posts and wall plates. The south wing roof is comprised of queen post trusses which support a single tier of purlins. The trusses have arch-braced collars and curved wind braces supporting the purlins. This variety of roof carpentry is all the more remarkable for having apparently been erected in a single constructional phase. Dendrochronological sampling of the roof structures of the hall, tower and cross-wings produced a single site chronology, and a tree ring sequence spanning the years 1343-1451. This sequence strongly suggests that the timber used in all parts of the original building was felled in, or close to, 1451. Other early features visible within the interior include moulded ogee-headed stone door surrounds, a vaulted brickwork undercroft and a cross-vaulted ribbed brickwork ceiling to a former staircase in the south cross-wing, partially removed when the library bookcases were installed in the late C19.
Ayscoughfee Hall forms a group with the Garden Wall to Ayscoughfee Hall (q.v.), the War Memorial in the gardens to Ayscoughfee Hall (q.v) and the Parish Church of St Mary and St Nicholas (q.v.).
Legacy
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
Legacy System number: 197253
Legacy System:
LBS
Sources
Books and journals
Pevsner, N, John, H, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1964)
Other
Field Archaeology Specialists Ltd, Ayscoughfee Hall, Spalding, Historic Buildings Assessment for South Holland District Council, 2005.
When your travelling at a sedate 4mph on the canal and you encounter a local family that purposefully sit in front of you and slow you down to a more respectable dawdle!
Biblia latina. Venice: Johannes Herbort, de Seligenstadt, 30 Apr. 1484. Final page of main text (ZZ11v) with colophon; with early 16th century ownership inscription of William Frere of Austin Friars of London (scored through). Sp Coll Euing Dp-e.6.
Home ownership - it's always something in need to repair or attention. Snow is melting and the gutter is overflowing indicating the gutter is probably full of leaves. It's supposed to start raining and then get really artic cold. Ready for Spring.
"Cellae D[?] Super S. et Canon[icus] Ord[inis] Praemonstratensis 1700."
The Order of Canons Regular of Prémontré, also known as the Premonstratensians are a Catholic religious order of canons regular founded at Prémontré near Laon in 1120 by Saint Norbert.
Established heading: Premonstratensians
Penn Libraries call number: IC55 G9315 593l 1603
Car ownership in Great Britain had rapidly increased since the previous 1903 Motor Car Act. In 1905 there were 15,895 private car licences, this figure had increased to 1,760,533 by 1930. During the same period, the number of traffic accidents increased and the death toll on Britain's roads had risen to 7,305. The 1929 Royal Commission of Transport investigated safety on the roads and identified a number of measures for improved control of traffic. Policemen began visiting schools in their sub-districts to teach children about road safety.
Ownership inscription: Questo libro e di me F.[or P?] Benaglio
Penn Libraries call number: IC6 C1536 623a