View allAll Photos Tagged Canon5DMark2

Dear friends!

Thank you so much for your kind comments and visits! They are appreciated. Stay safe dears <3

With love

Geetha <3

'Het Speulderbos' is called ' the forest of the dancing trees'. The forest is not just mysterious, it is also very rare. It's a paradise for birds (of prey), deer, badgers and wild boars. So there is enough choice to have a good time!

i just love this ligthhouse

My feeling, my distance ... psychosis ...

Abandoned dog as mirror ...

Waardenburg Castle, locally known as Kasteel Waardenburg, lies next to the village of Waardenburg, in the province of Gelderland in the Netherlands.

Waardenburg Castle nowadays is a remnant of a castle with a polygonal shape dating back to around 1283.

The castle was preceded by a wooden castle built in 1265. It was then known as Hiern Castle, named after the hill is was built on. This wooden castle was founded by a Rudolf Cock. His ancestors owned the castle until 1401, which was then known as Weerdenbergh Castle. This name translates as "washland hill".

During the Eighty Years War, in the 16th century, Waardenburg Castle was taken by surprise and pillaged. The castle was heavily damaged in the process; only its heavy walls and the shells of the towers survived. The castle remained a ruin until 1627 when a Johan Vijgh gained ownership and started partially rebuilding the castle. During this rebuilding the bailey and the south wing, in which the entrance gate was situated, were completely demolished.

In the following centuries the castle was successively owned by the Aylva and Van Pallandt families.

Even in 1895 the eastern wing of the castle was enlarged and fitted with a little round stair tower.

Today Waardenburg Castle lies separated from the river Waal by a dike. But in earlier centuries the river flowed by its walls. In 2011 the castle was refurbished. Waardenburg Castle is now owned by the "Friends of the Castles of Gelderland"-foundation and used as an office. It cannot be visited.

Its exact location is at G.E.H. Tutein Noltheniuslaan 7 in Waardenburg.

 

The Zeeland Bridge (Dutch: Zeelandbrug) is the longest bridge in the Netherlands. The bridge spans the Oosterschelde estuary. It connects the islands of Schouwen-Duiveland and Noord-Beveland in the province of Zeeland.

 

The Zeeland Bridge was built between 1963 and 1965. At the time of its completion, it was the longest bridge of Europe. It has a total length of 5,022 metres, and consists of 48 spans of 95 metres, 2 spans of 72.5 metres and a movable bridge with a width of 40 metres.

 

The province of Zeeland paid for the construction of the bridge, and the costs were recovered by levying tolls for the first 30 years.

Brugge, French Bruges, city, Flanders Region, northwestern Belgium, about 10 miles (16 km) south of Zeebrugge, its port on the North Sea. Originally a landing place on the Zwijn estuary, into which the Reie River flowed, it was mentioned in the 7th century as the Municipium Brugense (a name derived from a Roman bridge over the Reie). Brugge’s intricate network of canals has led many to describe the city as the Venice of the North. After it was evangelized by St. Eloi, bishop of Noyon-Tournai, the first counts of Flanders built their castle there (9th century) against Norman invaders. By the 13th century the town held a monopoly on English wool, was a leading emporium for the Hanseatic League, and, with the other “members from Flanders” (Ghent and Ypres), virtually governed the entire province. After maintaining its independence despite an attack by France in 1302, it reached its commercial zenith in the 14th century. At that time it was one of the largest and most important cities in northern Europe. As the Zwijn estuary silted up in the 15th century, the city began to decline as a trade centre but remained brilliant and powerful as the court of the dukes of Burgundy (counts of Flanders from 1384) and as the artistic centre of the Flemish school of painting, until the religious and political struggles of the 16th century completed its eclipse.

Mers-les-Bains is a seaside resort and of tourism of the Somme, located on the littoral of the Manche, located near the mouth of Bresle, i.e. just in extreme cases enters Picardy and Normandy. This seaside resort has a pebble beach (and sand with low tide) approximately a kilometer length as well as high chalk cliffs.

Top of these last, close to the statue of Notre-Dame, emerges a vast panorama (accessible to foot while passing in front of the church or conveys some by the plate while following the direction of Blengues) from where it is possible to see the sea, the city close to Tréport, its trade and marina, the city of Eu with in particular its castle and its collegial, then in north to see Ault and the hâble éponyme, in direction of Bay of Somme. In clear weather, the Picardy coast is revealed with the horizon until Marquenterre. Very close to Seas is the Bois de Cise, attached to the commune of Ault, superb residential glazing bar which gives on the sea.

 

The castle was built between 1350 and 1375. In 1534 Renswoude was recognised as a knight royal residence. In 1623 castle Borchwal already expire as Johan van Reede become the owner . This Calvinistic priest finds a church more important than the rebuilding, of his own castle. In the house, on its property where Protestant meetinings kept, the house become much too small. He gets authorisation to build its own church near the castle. This fine cupola church was taken in 1641 in use. Then late Johan van Reede demolishes in 1654 the old castle and build the new, current castle.

The castle park developed itself as from that time slowly in a baroque park, with a straight alley pattern. In 1682 Johan are succeeded by his third zoon, Frederik Adriaan. He was married with Maria Duyst van Voorhout. During the absence of her man she let dig now the Grand still existing canal, compared with the castle alley. Because of this big work, much unemployed persons could helped with the work. But it had been especially intended as a surprise for her man, They are Versailles lgarden overs in that time, so they build there own French garden. On 28 November 1985 there was a big fire on the castle. The fire made a damage of millions of guldens. All the next day, they started with setting up wharf and rebuild the damage. This was reached by the energy of the current owner, baron Taets van Amerongen. In the meantime the castle has been restored entirely. For groups the castle be visit.

surrounded by a wide moat, stands at the edge of the graceful Mastbos. The castle is first mentioned in documents dated 1554. In 1614 it was converted into a hunting lodge. Kasteel Bouvigne borders on a beautiful garden. Nothing is known of landscape gardening in the16th century. The present garden is open to the public and integrates French, German and English styles of the 20th century. Bouvigne castle is a charming building outside Breda, in the Mastbos forest. Its present look dates mainly from the 17th century. For a long time, the princes of Orange used it as their summer house. The castle, that stands in the water, was built in a typical renaissance style. Its beautiful gardens are open to the public.

 

File Name_MG_1980.jpg

Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II

Shooting Date/Time12-1-2013 18:25:12

Tv( Shutter Speed )10

Av( Aperture Value )22

ISO Speed100

sigma Lens12-24mm

Focal Length16.0 mm

The city centre offers many possibilities for a real voyage of discovery. A city tour takes you along the harbours, the six highest mills in the world, and distilleries and malthouses. You can also follow the footsteps of Saint Liduina, one of the most famous Dutch saints, by admiring her beautiful relics, located in the Liduina Basiliek. The museums, galleries, workshops and specialty shops are definitely worth a visit.

 

Moreover, throughout the year, the city centre is the backdrop for a large number of public events and has wonderful parks to settle on. Schiedam can also be discovered from the water: from April till October you can take a tour on the Fluisterboot. There are also various mooring points for cruises in the city centre.

The story of the city

 

The museums of Schiedam tell the story of the city. Relive the olden days in the old grocer’s shop of the Nationaal Coöperatie Museum or in the Jenevermuseum Schiedam, where you can still have a sip of old genever or corn spirit. In the Windmill Museum De Nieuwe Palmboom you can see the miller at work and exhibitions showing the milling history of Schiedam.

In the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam you can enjoy Dutch modern and contemporary art, with Post War as the main exhibition theme. The museum is located in the restored Sint Jacobs Gasthuis and has a wonderful permanent collection of over 250 Cobra works.

Due to the fact that the wind comes almost from West, the waves become the same direction, from W to E, and wash the sand away

To stop/make less this washout effect, to break the stronght of the waves - that's the reason of this pillars. In the northern part of Zeeland there are beaches , many km long, and there are this pillars, always two lines together, repeating so about 500m. Depending from tide/low tide you can see 2,0m or nothing from them.

 

Middelburg is the capital of the province of Zeeland and has a rich history, which is still evident. Middelburg was founded in the 9th century when the Vikings moved into Europe. In order to protect the island of Walcheren against invaders, a ringfort was built. After the threat of the land invaders was over, the fortress started to benefit from its convenient location on the water and developed into a commercial centre. Since this fortress was the centre (middle) fortress of Walcheren, it was given the name Middelburg.

 

At the time of the VOC, Middelburg was the second most important town in the Netherlands, after Amsterdam. In 200 years' time more than 300 new ships were built in the shipyards. These ships set sail to Asia to trade spices, textiles and porcelain. In the centre of Middelburg you can still find the buildings that recall this golden era. After a bombardment in 1940 where, in the consequential fire, much of the town was lost, Middelburg was rebuilt again in traditional style.

 

In addition to historical monuments you will also find an abundance of modern architecture. Middelburg is really a town with an individual character. There are intimate squares, lovely little streets, sociable bars and apart from the large chains you can also find many boutiques, galleries and art dealers.

Bruges’ convenient compact size allows you to carelessly get lost and saunter hand in hand along one of the many lovely canals. The possibilities are truly endless, but Groene Rei has to be one of the most beautiful locations belonging to Bruges.It offers a varied yet typical Bruges scenery with old bridges and historical buildings framed by a touch of nature. No matter where you go in Bruges you will no doubt fall in love with the cities arteries and afterwards fondly remember those walks along

  

The municipality of Drimmelen is a large, rural area in western Noord Brabant. Its northern border encloses the National Park The Biesbosch (wetlands) and to the south its border is formed by the increasingly important Mark river.

  

The six towns and villages of Drimmelen, Hooge and Lage Zwaluwe, Made, Terheijden and Wagenberg are situated in a typically agricultural area in which nature and recreation are strongly represented.

  

The transport route Rotterdam-Breda-Antwerp forms the municipality’s western boundary.

 

The municipality of Drimmelen is part of the province of Noord Brabant.

  

The municipality of Drimmelen covers an area of 48 square miles. The six towns and villages are home to 27,000 inhabitants.

  

Made is, with its 12,000 inhabitants, the municipal centre. There are many sub-regional facilities in the areas of small to middle sized commercial enterprises, health and education.

  

The young and dynamic municipality of Drimmelen (created in 1997) is working towards a future in which nature, water sports, cycle- and hiking routes play a central role. The administrative organisation is equipped, and policy is in place, to strengthen and expand this position.

 

The estate is Crabbehoff by Dirk IV in 1232 made available for the benefit of a community of faith, coming from Germany. These brothers founded a simple settlement and tilling the land for their own use. This is St. Elizabeth flood remained so until the end. After the St. Elizabeth flood became the island of Dordrecht reclaimed. Similarly the estate Crabbehoff (approx. 65 acres) and built a homestead called ' the crabs farm '. As the years passed was the estate with the buildings becoming richer, so that the ' steengebouwde ' Crabbehoff in 1628. The Crabbehoff was a castle-farm of distinction and there was in the wider area advertised the products, which were of very high quality. In the year 1808 Crabbehoff was hit by a fire, so violent that the property was largely destroyed. After inheritance was ' Crabbehoff ' in 1913 rebuilt with antique building materials from the old town and served as residence for the family Staring. After the family left the House in 1934, it was purchased by Mr Redelée, Director of the biscuit factory Victoria, who adapted the House ' at the time '. The family inhabited the House until 1959. Crabbehoff Castle is currently private property. The Coach House of the Castle has been restored and is since March 2012 with an orangerie.

The first mill on this site was a hollow post mill which was built before 1832. It burnt down in 1913. To replace it, a tower mill was built, named De Haas (English: The Hare). The mill was burnt out during a storm in March 1931. It was repaired the same year, using parts from the Molen van Fikse, Heukelum, Gelderland, which was demolished in that year. The tower had to be shortened by 1.5 metres (5 ft) to accommodate the machinery from the Molen van Fikse. The cap, windshaft and sails were also used. The new mill was named De Vlinder.

 

In 1951, De Vlinder was sold to the Stichting Behoud Korenmolen Deil. It was restored in 1961, 1975 and again in 2001-02. It is now in the ownership of the Molenstichting voor het Gelders Rivierengebeid. It is listed as a Rijksmonument, № 16495.

Description

For an explanation of the various items of machinery, see Mill machinery.

 

De Vlinder is what the Dutch call a "Stellingmolen". It is a five storey tower mill. There is a stage, which is 7.20 metres (23 ft 7 in) above ground level. The cap is covered in dakleer. Winding is by tailpole and winch. The sails are Common sails. They have a span of 20.00 metres (65 ft 7 in). They are carried on a cast iron windshaft, which was cast by Penn en Compagnie, Dordrecht, South Holland in 1855. The windshaft also carries the brake wheel, which has 53 cogs. This drives a wallower with 24 cogs, which is situated at the top of the upright shaft. At the bottom of the upright shaft is the great spur wheel, which has 68 cogs. This drives a pair of 1.40 metres (4 ft 7 in) diameter Cullen millstones and a pair of 1.40 metres (4 ft 7 in) diameter French Burr stones via lantern pinion stone nuts with 20 staves each.

Flat as a pan cake, that's what basically describes the Netherlands. Great differences in elevation between the various parts in the country, therefore, are absent. Areas located in the north and west at less than 1 m (3.2 ft) above sea level, from the more elevated "High Netherlands" in the south and east, which reaches an altitude of 322.5 m (1,057.8 ft) in the extreme southeast.

Approximately a third of the entire country lies below sea level at high tide. Another 25% is so low-lying that it would be subject to inundation if it were not for the surrounding sand dunes (great beaches, but not very hot in Summer) and dikes and the regular pumping of excess water.

 

An area surrounded by dikes where the water table can be controlled is called a polder . The lowest point is 6.7 m (22 ft) below mean sea level, immediately to the northeast of Rotterdam.

 

What is she thinking about ?

Known as the Venice of the North, Bruges is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

 

It was a justified motive that prompted UNESCO in 2000 to include the entire historical city centre on the World Heritage list. Walking along the maze of winding cobbled alleys and romantic canals, you imagine yourself to be in medieval times. The wealth of museums is a striking image of this city's stirring history.

 

Bruges is also home to contemporary culture, such as the new Concert Hall, which is one of the most prominent music complexes in Flanders.

 

The restaurants in Bruges which offer gastronomic cuisine and the exclusive hotels are a true feast for those who enjoy the good things in life.

 

From the PVD Fest

Providence, Rhode Island

This is the 2nd annual street festival, and there is so much to see, hear and taste it will overwhelm the senses. Providence, Rhode Island is a New England treasure and we are grateful we are within driving distance.

Say cheese and you say Gouda! Gouda cheese is one of the best known and most eaten kinds of cheese in the world. GOUDA CHEESE owes its name to the fact that this Dutch cheese has been traded in the city of Gouda for centuries. To this day, the famous GOUDA CHEESE is still made in the traditional way in the polders around the town, where the cows that provide their milk for the cheese each day can be found grazing. The farmers bring the cheese from the polders to the centre of Gouda, where they are traded on the cheese market.

Known as the Venice of the North, Bruges is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.

 

It was a justified motive that prompted UNESCO in 2000 to include the entire historical city centre on the World Heritage list. Walking along the maze of winding cobbled alleys and romantic canals, you imagine yourself to be in medieval times. The wealth of museums is a striking image of this city's stirring history.

 

Bruges is also home to contemporary culture, such as the new Concert Hall, which is one of the most prominent music complexes in Flanders.

 

The restaurants in Bruges which offer gastronomic cuisine and the exclusive hotels are a true feast for those who enjoy the good things in life.

 

Fight against terrorism !

Pray for Paris ...

'Het Speulderbos' is called ' the forest of the dancing trees'. The forest is not just mysterious, it is also very rare. It's a paradise for birds (of prey), deer, badgers and wild boars. So there is enough choice to have a good time!

Of a small settlement to the Ee in the 10th century it developed into an important city, where trade, industry and fishery thrived. By growing prosperity and look to the commonalty of Zierikzee on March 11th 1248 municipal right was granted king. After the medieval flowering period calamity emergency with fires, shipping disasters, epidemics and floods followed.

 

The 17th century characterised himself by second flowering of the trade and fishery. Then the number of inhabitants stepped very drastic in the course of the 18th century stagnation and decreased. The large industrial developments went to Zierikzee past for the greater part. In contrast to other cities old buildings remained saved. The wealth to monuments is mainly considered as a precious possession and in 1970s has been discovered by the tourists.

 

Nowadays Zierikzee is, with wide 10,000 inhabitants, the administrative seat of the new and has in this a centre function. In the historical town centre with a lot of shops and sociable pavements it is for both the tourist and inhabitant well stays.

 

A Winter Memory

 

Fresh-fallen snow, untouched by man, tops bushes fence and tree;

The strong, gusty wind, whirling it 'round, improves and enriches its beauty.

It sauntered down in the silence of night, leaving a scenic delight;

Now, in the sun, it dances and winks as we drink in the wondrous sight.

This is a picture-post-card scene - winter at its best;

It leaves a mark etched in our heart of when winter was our guest.

  

'Het Speulderbos' is called ' the forest of the dancing trees'. The forest is not just mysterious, it is also very rare. It's a paradise for birds (of prey), deer, badgers and wild boars. So there is enough choice to have a good time!

Grass-topped dyke, located east of the Oranje dyke mill. Former entrance to Slijk harbour, codenamed Uncle Beach by the Allied forces during the landing at Vlissingen.

 

The first British troops to land on Walcheren did so on the fortified seafront at Vlissingen. Less heavily defended beaches outside the town and east of the harbor were rejected, the ground being flooded and the wrong side of the Walcheren Canal. The landing site, codenamed Uncle Beach by the Allied forces, was south-east of the town centre, near the Oranje dyke mill, in the Eastern or Dock harbour.

 

Around the Oranjemolen the town of Vlissingen is planning to realize a World War II memorial site. At this site information will be provided about Vlissingen and the Walcheren region during World War II, the Battle of the Scheldt and the consequences of World War II for the civilian population.

 

  

Location: Holleweg, 8340 Sijsele [gps]

Accessibility: the domain is open to the public, the castle itself is not accesible

 

The Ryckevelde domain is situated at the border of the village of Sijsele, in the direction of Bruges. It is the largest wood on the territory of Damme. Here we are no longer in the polder area but in the sandy region. This region is by defenition much older than the rest of Damme. The area around Ryckevelde was already inhabited in prehistoric times.

 

The castle itself is fairly recent and is in a pretty good shape. The neogothic architecture already reveals the era in which it was built. Baron Gilles de Pélichy ordered its construction; the residence was erected between 1913 and 1929. Centrally the spiky tower catches the attention, a chapel is located in the left wing. At the back side there is a spacious garden with a big pond. from one of the numerous benches along the footpath you have a splendid view on the ensemble.

 

The oldest building of the domain is situated at the other side of the pond. The fortified farm dates back to the 17th century but is largely in a very bad condition except for the right side. This farm has a few remarkable characteristics you'd rather expect in a real castle. At the domain, friar Verleye founded the European Education centre in the 50's of the previous century.

The marvelous wide sky over the dutch coast.

'Het Speulderbos' is called ' the forest of the dancing trees'. The forest is not just mysterious, it is also very rare. It's a paradise for birds (of prey), deer, badgers and wild boars. So there is enough choice to have a good time!

On the west side of the village Vleuten is the ancient Ham-tower on an island in a canal. This seven-story donjon is the remnant of a water castle, knight-hof city of Ham. For the first time in a document from 1325 mentioned castle was initially built as a residential tower. It is suspected that it was built around 1260 which was strategically chosen for an inlet of the old Rhine river as it became more defensible. The castle was able to exercise the owner power of the surroundings. Several cases were Den Ham deployment of battle. In 1481 it was partially destroyed, then it was expanded to include a second tower. In 1536 the States of Utrecht recognized the castle as knight-hof city, the residents were then admitted to the Knighthood. In 1642 the gatehouse was rebuilt giving access to Den Ham. In 1857 the castle was owned by Willem Jan Royaards. One of the current owners is a descendant of him.

  

Around 1872 the castle wrong in dilapidated condition and was, at the western keep and part of the east wing after aborted. Between 1962 and 1975 the tower was restored. Today the tower is private property. The moated tower has five feet thick brick walls about 27 meters high. On top is applied include a bypass and the total height is approximately 35 meters. Inside, it has six floors and a basement with medieval girders are preserved.

 

When you have enough money € 1.900.000,-

Boxtel is a small town, but its big church shows that it was an important place once. Just outside the town you'll find a park in which lies this castle, Kasteel Stapelen. The entire complex was given a new look in early neo-Gothic style in 1857-1858, to fit the then popular ideas about what a medieval castle should look like. Towers were heightened, the facade of the chapel was renewed and countless battlements were added to places where there never had been any. Since 1915 the castle has been used as a monastery. In the Middle Ages a miracle occured here which is still celebrated each year with a big procession.

1 2 ••• 5 6 8 10 11 ••• 79 80