View allAll Photos Tagged Associate

www.mcm-interiors.blogspot.com

Incredible Rosewood Sideboard Designed By The Ole Wanscher Trained Designer Richard Young, For Merrow Associates, UK. Late 60's to Late 70's.

The old gas station at San Jose's History Park. I love the color scheme!

The Katsura Imperial Villa (桂離宮 Katsura Rikyū), or Katsura Detached Palace, is a villa with associated gardens and outbuildings in the western suburbs of Kyoto, Japan (in Nishikyō-ku, separate from the Kyoto Imperial Palace). It is one of Japan's most important large-scale cultural treasures.

 

Its gardens are a masterpiece of Japanese gardening, and the buildings are even more important, one of the greatest achievements of Japanese architecture. The palace includes a shoin ("drawing room"), tea houses, and a strolling garden. It provides an invaluable window into the villas of princes of the Edo period.

 

The palace formerly belonged to the princes of the Hachijō-no-miya (八条宮) family. The Imperial Household Agency administers it, and accepts visitors by appointment.

 

]History

 

The Katsura district of Kyoto has long been favored for villas, and in the Heian period, Fujiwara no Michinaga had a villa there. The members of the Heian court found it an elegant location for viewing the moon.

 

Prince Hachijō Toshihito (智仁; 1579–1629), the first of the Hachijō-no-miya line, established the villa at Katsura. The prince was a descendant of Emperor Ogimachi, and younger brother of Emperor Go-Yozei. Once adopted by Toyotomi Hideyoshi, he cancelled the adoption when Hideyoshi had a son, and founded the Hachijō-no-miya house.

 

The shoin of Katsura Imperial Villa is divided into three parts: the Old Shoin, the Middle Shoin, and the New Palace. The Old Shoin was built in around 1616.[1] The construction of the shoin, teahouse and garden continued in the time of the second prince, Toshitada (智忠; 1619–1662), and reached completion after some decades.

The Hachijō-no-miya house changed its name to Tokiwai-no-miya (常磐井宮), Kyōgoku-no-miya (京極宮), and finally Katsura-no-miya (桂宮), before the line died out in 1881.

 

The Imperial Household Ministry took control of the Katsura Detached Palace in 1883, and since World War II, the Imperial Household Agency has been in control.

    

Katsura Imperial Villa in spring

The Old Shoin, Middle Shoin and New Palace are each in the shoin style, with irimoya kokerabuki (柿葺) roofs. The Old Shoin shows elements of the sukiya style in places like the veranda. A space called the moon-viewing platform protrudes even farther from the veranda, and shows that the main theme of Katsura Detached Palace was moon-viewing. The walls of the Middle Shoin and New Palace have ink-paintings by the school of Kanō Tan'yū (狩野 探幽). The shelving in the upper room of the New Palace is considered especially noteworthy.

The strolling garden takes water from the Katsura River for the central pond, around which are the Shōkintei (松琴亭), Shōkatei (賞花亭), Shōiken (笑意軒), and Gepparō (月波楼); tea houses, hill, sand, bridge, and lanterns. There is also a Buddhist hall, Onrindō (園林堂).

A delegation from Guadeloupe which comprised Mrs Thérèse Marianne-Pepin, Président of the Commission on Cooperation, Mr Olivier SORET, Director General, Europe and Cooperation, and Mr Lionel SAROTTE, Cooperation Officer, visited the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat on Wednesday 11 February, 2015 for discussions with CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque on Associate Membership of the Community.

  

Associate professor Stuart Sandin (left) and staff researcher Lindsay Bonito of Scripps Oceanography's Sandin Lab work near a coral reef in the Caribbean earlier this month on an expedition with the Waitt Foundation. Photo by Ralph Pace.

 

The two-week expedition documented coral and fish biodiversity. See more photos and video clips on the Waitt Foundation Facebook page.

About Quint Cobb & Associates

www.quintcobb.com

•Quint Cobb & Associates specialize in Residential and Commercial Financing, Investment Planning and Mortgage Relief Assistance in all 50 States.

•Our team of mortgage analysts, attorneys, negotiators, processors and underwriters are chosen from the top 1% of their industries.

•We are dedicated to providing our clients with the absolute best financing options by delivering individualized service, unmatched loan approval percentages and unparalleled lending flexibility and speed.

•Quint Cobb & Associates have access to the power and speed of a direct banking line that has not been paralyzed by the losses and toxic loans that crippled the rest of the industry.

•Quint Cobb & Associates also have the flexibility to broker to all remaining lenders (with tier one pricing and FHA backing in all 50 states).

•We pride ourselves in our Underwriters (and the relationships and direct communication we maintain with them) to assure the highest loan approval percentages, loan processing speed and overall loan pull-through ratios possible.

•Quint Cobb & Associates specialize in FHA loans, Short Refinances, Conventional, Jumbo and Commercial Loans, Residential and Commercial Loan-Modification Assistance, Short Sale Guidance and Investment Planning.

•Quint Cobb & Associates pride themselves in providing cutting-edge market information and analysis.

•Quint Cobb & Associates have the unique ability to provide analysis across markets and property types. In addition to their reports and publications, information can be packaged to meet specific needs of investors by property type and submarket.

Clients are informed of the latest market trends and real-time data on buyer demand, pricing and local markets. We assist our clients in measuring the performance of their properties and look for new opportunities to maximize returns.

•Quint Cobb & Associates professional experience and knowledge will enable you to clearly and quickly identify a course of action that delivers maximum value to your company or to your individual portfolio (whether you are a Homeowner or a Realtor or Mortgage Professional looking for a home for your financing needs in all 50 states).

  

CAT Skid Steer with Winch

Associate Fellows Dinner and Reception at AIAA SciTech Forum 2019

Associate Fellows Dinner and Reception at AIAA SciTech Forum 2019 in San Diego, CA

Associated Students of NMC President Ken Gabrido, NMC Student Leadership Coordinator Alexis Cabrera, and ASNMC Vice President Shanthia Espinosa visited their congressional office. They were in Washington to attend the 2018 National Student Government Summit. Thank you for visiting.

Associate Fellows Dinner and Reception at AIAA SciTech Forum 2019

Rochelle Maize: Chanel Sweater.

Naka waste incineration plant by architect Yoshio Taniguchi and associates, Chugoku region, Hiroshima, Japan

Schmidt Associates

Clark Middle School

2007-057.000

Theatre by Elizabeth Scott, 1932. Major rebuild by Bennetts Associates, completed 2011

With Soundraya Vardhini mathaji and Suhrith Nithai prabhu when they came home .

GBTHM Associated British Ports Teignmouth Docks

The Kamakshi Temple is a famous Hindu temple dedicated to Kamakshi, one of the forms of the goddess Parvati. It is located in the historic city of Kanchipuram, near Chennai, India and is popularly associated with Sankaracharya, one of the greatest Hindu gurus. The Meenakshi Temple in Madurai, the Akilandeswari temple in Thiruvanaikaval near Tiruchirappalli and this Kamakshi are the important centers of worship of Parvati as the mother goddess, in the state of Tamil Nadu. The temple was most probably built by the Pallava kings, whose capital was Kanchipuram, around 6 C.E.

 

The main deity, Kamakshi, is seated in a majestic Padmasana, an yogic posture signifying peace and prosperity, instead of the traditional standing pose. The goddess holds a sugarcane bow and bunch of flowers in the lower two of her arms and has a pasha (lasso), an ankusha (goad) in her upper two arms. There is also a parrot perched near the flower bunch. There are no other Parvati temples in the city of Kanchipuram, apart from this temple, which is unusual in a traditional city that has hundreds of traditional temples. There are various legends that account for this fact. One of them according to Kamakshivilasa is that the Goddess had to absorb all the other shakthi forms to give a boon to Kama, the Hindu god of love. Another legend attributes it to the Raja Rajeswari pose of the deity that signifies an absolute control over the land under the deity's control. Legend has it that Kamakshi offered worship to a Shivalingam made out of sand, under a mango tree and gained Shiva's hand in marriage.

 

FESTIVALS

Four worship services are offered each day. The annual festival falls in Spring, in the Tamil month of Masi, which runs from mid-March to mid-April. During this time the chariot festival (Ther) and float festival, (Theppam) are held. Other festivals include Navaratri, Aadi and Aippasi Pooram, Sankara Jayanthi and Vasanta Utsavam in the Tamil month of Vaikasi. All Fridays are considered sacred, though the Fridays in the Tamil months of Adi (mid-July to mid-August) and Thai (mid-January to mid-February) are celebrated.

 

THE OLD KAMAKSHI DEVI TEMPLE

The original Kamakshi Devi Temple is what is now known as Adi Peeteswari or the Adi Peeta Parameswari. This temple is just adjacent to the Kumarakottam, and is near to the Kamakshi Devi temple.

 

Adi Shankaracharya, the famous 8th-century CE scholar and saint, established the Sri Chakra at this original Kamakshi Devi temple in the trough-like structure in that shrine. This Sri Chakra soon became the All India famous Kamakoti Peeta. The Acharya's Lalitha Trishati Bhashya comments Kamakoti Peetam as Sri Chakra.

 

The Acharya changed the fierce form of worship into a sowmya form. The Devi in this original Kamakshi temple is called by various names like Kirtimati, Devagarbha in extant Tantric works like Tantrachudamani. She has four hands containing in each of them respectively, Ankusa, PAsa, Abhaya and a Kapala. This description corresponds to those extant old tantric works. Further, Girvanendra Saraswathi describes precisely this swaroopa as Kameswari.

 

Sundaramurthi Nayanar, the Saiva saint of the 12th century is aware of the Kamakottam. He in fact mentions that the Kamakottam has come in existence just at that time.

 

THE MODERN KAMAKSHI DEVI TEMPLE AT KANCHI

The Siruthondar Puranam of Sekkilar Peruman, written during this time, is aware of both the temples and mentions the original temple as the Yoga Peeta and the present Kamakshi devi temple as Bhoga peetam. The reference to the present Kamakshi Devi as Aram Purappaval (bestower of boons)by Sekilar Peruman is noteworthy, as the present name of the street in which this new temple is located in Kanchipuram is called Arapanak Ara Theru.

 

The present Kamakshi temple too, has a Sri Chakra which was established during the 16th Century by NrusimhAdvari, of the famous dathamAnji family. There is a stone inscription inside the new temple, near this Sri Chakra, which states this fact. It is noteworthy that Arunagirinathar a 15th Century Tamil Saint, sings in praise of the Goddess as devi of dark emarald complexion and the mother of Muruga of Kumarakottam. The Original Kamakshi Devi temple i.e. Adi PeeteswariKamakshi Devi temple is just adjucant to the Kumarakottam. Arunagirinathar mentions the Sri Yantra in the Kamakshi Devi temple, which can apply, during the 15th century, only to the original Adi Peeteswari Kamakshi Devi, which contained the Sri Chakra installed by Adi Shankara. Arunagirinathar does not make any reference to the new temple.

 

Also noteworthy is the fact that this new temple's legend considers the Bangaru Kamakshi at Thanjavur as Dharmadevi This is the metallic counterpart of the stone image of Dharmadevi, which is at present at Thiruparuthikunram (Jina Kanchi) to where it was removed from this present Kamakshi (Tara Devi) temple after the conversion of the Jain Tara Devi temple into Hindu Sakta tradition has become stronger. There is a stone inscription at the Jina Kanchi temple which explains this fact. There are strong evidences that Dharadevi was worshipped in the present day main shrine.

 

THE KANCHI KAMAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE AS A

SHAKTI PEETH

The mythology of Daksha yaga and Sati's self immolation is the main theme in the origin of Shakti Peethas.

 

Shakti Peethas are divine temples of Adiparashakti. The cause of the presence of Devi's presence is due to the falling of body parts of the corpse of Sati Devi. The eyes/back of Sati Devi is believed to have fallen here. There are 51 Shakti Peeth linking to the 51 alphabets in Sanskrit. There are also arguments that the old Kanchi temple is the Shakti peetha, where Sankaracharya has installed the Shri Chakra. It is reverred world wide as Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham.

 

TIRUKKALAVANUR

In the shrine of Kamakshi Amman close the sanctum, the Tirukalavanur Divya Desam, the temples dedicated to Lord Vishnu glorified by the 7th-10th century alwars (Tamil saint poets) is present. The temple faced west went to ruins and the deity is now placed inside the Kamakshi Amman temple. There are shrines over the vimana.

 

WIKIPEDIA

Philadelphia, PA.

Leica M3, Summaron 35/2.8 Goggled.

Kodak TMax 400, processed at Colortek.

Local Accession Number: FA_CC.000898

Connick Job Number: 2818

Title: Design for middle aisle window of west wall, Congregational Church, West Medford, Mass.

Statement of responsibility: Connick Assoc. K.O.S.

Creator/Contributor: Charles J. Connick Associates (creator)

Genre: Design drawings; Gouaches

Date created: 1947

Physical description: 1 gouache : color ; 29 x 25 cm.

General notes: Title from item, from additional material accompanying item, or from information provided by the Boston Public Library.

Date notes: Date from item.

Biographical and historical notes: Window designed for Congregational Church, West Medford, Massachusetts.

Subjects: Stained glass; Windows

Collection: Charles J. Connick Gouaches - Massachusetts

Location: Boston Public Library, Arts Department

Shelf locator: Massachusetts Box #22

Rights: Rights status not evaluated.

Robert Pearce, ARMD Associate Administrator, Steven Clarke, ARMD Deputy Associate Administrator,Edgar “Ed” Waggoner, ARMD Deputy Associate Administrator for Programs

Mr. Jon Montgomery, ARMD Deputy Associate Administrator for Policy, Ms. Barbara Esker, ARMD Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator for Missions, Dr. Richard Wahls, Sustainable Flight National Partnership Mission Integration Manager, Lee Olson, FAA Liaison to NASA toured Langley facilities including the hangar that is housing the Boeing777 and the Transonic Dynamics Tunnel.

 

Associate Fellows Dinner and Reception at AIAA SciTech Forum 2019

These photos were taken during regular park operations.

Sanja Boskovic, Associate Dean, BCIT Aerospace receiving the Star Blanket from Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT) for all the support provided to the SIIT AME program.

Mike Harwood, associate vice chancellor for Centennial Campus Development, speaks with co-workers.

Photography from the 2015 Certiport Global Partners Summit & Microsoft Office Specialist & Adobe Certified Associate World Championships at Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center, Dallas, Texas.

Mission & Values Week Associates Appreciation Dinner at SSM Franciscan Courts, Oshkosh Wisconsin

Photographs from the 2016 Global Partner Summit, Adobe Certified Associate World Championship, and Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship, held in Orlando, FL.

Built between 1959 and 1962, this Modern Futurist and Googie building was designed by Eero Saarinen and Associates for Trans World Airlines to serve as a Flight Center, or Terminal headhouse, for their passenger services at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. The building is an example of thin shell construction, with a parabolic and curved sculptural concrete roof and concrete columns, with many surfaces of the building's structure and exterior being tapered or curved. The building also appears to take inspiration from natural forms, with the roofs appearing like the wings of a bird or bat taking flight. The building served as a passenger terminal from 1962 until 2001, when it was closed.

 

The building's exterior is dominated by a thin shell concrete roof with parabolic curves, which is divided by ribs into four segments, with the larger, symmetrical north and south segments tapering towards the tallest points of the exterior walls, and soar over angled glass curtain walls underneath. At the ends of the four ribs are Y-shaped concrete columns that curve outwards towards the top and bottom, distributing the weight of the roof structure directly to the foundation. The east and west segments of the roof are smaller, with the west roof angling downwards and forming a canopy over the front entrance with a funnel-shaped sculptural concrete scupper that empties rainwater into a low grate over a drain on the west side of the driveway in front of the building, and the east roof angling slightly upwards, originally providing sweeping views of the tarmac and airfield beyond. The exterior walls of the building beneath the sculptural roof consist of glass curtain walls, with the western exterior wall sitting to the east of the columns and the eastern exterior wall being partially comprised of the eastern columns, with the curtain wall located in the openings between the columns. To the east and west of the taller central section are two half crescent-shaped wings with low-slope roofs, with a curved wall, integrated concrete canopy, tall walls at the ends, and regularly-spaced door openings. To the rear, two concrete tubes with elliptical profiles formerly linked the headhouse to the original concourses, and today link the historic building to the new Terminal 5 and Hotel Towers.

 

Inside, the building features a great hall with a central mezzanine, and features curved concrete walls and columns, complex staircases, aluminum railings, ticket counters in the two halls to either side of the front entrance, a clock at the center of the ceiling, and skylights below the ribs of the roof. The space features penny tile floors, concrete walls and built-in furniture, red carpeting, and opalescent glass signage. On the west side of the great hall, near the entrance, is a curved concrete counter in front of a large signboard housed in a sculptural concrete and metal shell that once displayed departing and arriving flights. On the north and south sides of this space are former ticket counters and baggage drops, which sit below a vaulted ceiling, with linear light fixtures suspended between curved sculptural concrete piers that terminate some ways below the ceiling. To the east of the entrance is a staircase with minimalist aluminum railings, beyond which is a cantilevered concrete bridge, with balconies and spaces with low ceilings to either side, off which are several shops, restrooms, and telephone booths. On the east side of the bridge is a large sunken lounge with red carpet and concrete benches with red upholstered cushions, surrounded by low concrete walls that feature red-cushioned benches on either side, sitting below a metal analog signboard mounted to the inside of the curtain wall. To the north and south of the lounge are the entrances to the concrete tubes that once provided access to the concourses, which are elliptical in shape, with red carpeted floors and white walls and a white ceiling. On the mezzanine are several former lounges and a restaurant, which feature historic mid-20th Century finishes and fixtures.

 

The complex includes two contemporary hotel towers, the Saarinen and Hughes wings, which were designed carefully to harmonize with the original building and match its character. The two wings feature concrete end walls, curved Miesian glass curtain walls, and interiors with red carpeting, wooden paneling, brass fittings and fixtures, and white walls and ceilings. The only substantial modification to the structure's significant interior spaces was the puncturing of the two concrete tubes to provide access to these towers. The former terminal also features several service areas that were not previously open to visitors, which today house a massive fitness center, a cavernous underground conference center, and various meeting rooms and ballrooms, with all of these spaces, except the fitness center, being redesigned to match the mid-20th Century modern aesthetics of the rest of the building, with new fixtures, furnishings, and finishes that are inspired directly by the time period in which the building was built, and are nearly seamless in appearance with the rest of the building.

 

The fantastic building was designated a New York City Landmark in 1994, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Between 2005 and 2008, the new Terminal 5, occupied by JetBlue, was built, which wraps the structure to the east, and was designed by Gensler, and was carefully placed so as to avoid altering or damaging the character-defining features of the historic terminal. Between 2016 and 2019, the building was rehabilitated in an adaptive reuse project that converted it into the TWA Hotel, which was carried out under the direction of Beyer Blinder Belle, Lubrano Ciavarra Architects, Stonehill Taylor, INC Architecture and Design, as well as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and MCR/Morse Development. The hotel features 512 guest rooms, large event spaces, a rooftop pool at the top of the Hughes Wing, a large basement fitness center, and a Lockheed Constellation L-1649A "Connie" on a paved courtyard to the east of the building, which houses a cocktail lounge. The hotel is heavily themed around the 1960s, and was very carefully designed to preserve the character of this iconic landmark.

Associates from our connectivity group in the UK dressed up in costumes to raise money for the BBC "children in need" charity.Learn more about children in need: bbc.in/1bQFB6F

Our history

Trinity Churchyard - Old view

  

Holy Trinity's story is a long one! The first known reference to Holy Trinity Church is in 1113. Its beginnings are tied in to the history of the Benedictine Priory of St Mary which was associated with Earl Leofric and Lady Godiva. The church appears to have originally been established next door to the Priory to act as a “side chapel” to the priory church and for the use of the priory’s tenants.

 

The original Norman church was all but destroyed in a fire in 1257. The North porch was the only part of the original building to survive and is still in use today. The rest of the church was entirely rebuilt during the 13th Century. The walls were brightly painted, helping those churchgoers who could not read to understand the messages of the bible.

 

One example of this ancient artwork still remains. During the 1430s, the painting of the Last Judgement was created above the tower arch to demonstrate the eternal consequences of both charitable and uncharitable acts. The painting has twice disappeared from view across the centuries but, after years of painstaking restoration, it was finally revealed in 2004. Find out more about the painting here.

 

The church underwent massive upheaval during the Reformation in the reigns of Henry VIII and his son Edward , losing most of its priests and many of its treasures.

 

The church has been made up of many interesting and passionate people across the years. There have been notable priests, ranging from the first vicar of the church, Ralph de Sowe, through John Bryan, who was deemed too non-conformist to remain in 1662, to the 19th century’s Rev Dr Walter Farquar Hook who, according to one parishioner, “set everything a-going”. He was responsible for, among other things, the establishment of a savings bank, an infant school, a dispensary and the beginning of evening services at the church.

 

A celebrated 18th century actress, Sarah Siddons, was married in the church in 1773 and Mary Ann Evans, the 19th century novelist better known by her pen name of George Eliot, attended Holy Trinity for many years.

 

Along with the whole of Coventry, Holy Trinity and its people experienced great trauma in November 1940, when German air raids laid waste to great areas of the city. The church was saved from destruction by the amazing commitment and bravery of the vicar at the time, the Rev Clitheroe. You can read more about Holy Trinity's blitz survival here.

 

Holy Trinity’s long story continues still, as a lively church, rooted in God’s love and with a passion to serve Coventry. It is a house of prayer for all, inviting everyone who enters to take time to experience the special peace that can be found in this place.

 

London Bridge Tower - London, UK - 2000 - 2012

Renzo Piano Building Workshop, architects in collaboration with Adamson Associates (Toronto, London) Consultants: Arup (structure and services); Lerch, Bates & Associates (vertical transportation); Broadway Malyan (consulting architect)

 

The London Bridge Tower, also known as the Shard, is a 72-storey, mixed-use tower located beside London Bridge Station on the south bank of the river Thames. This project was a response to the urban vision of London Mayor Ken Livingstone and to his policy of encouraging high-density development at key transport nodes in London. This sort of sustainable urban extension relies on the proximity of public transportation, discourages car use and helps to reduce traffic congestion in the city.

 

A mix of uses – residential, offices hotel, restaurants – creates a building that is in use 24 hours a day. The slender, pyramidal form of the tower was determined by its suitability to this mix: large floor plates at the bottom for offices; restaurants, public spaces and a hotel located in the middle; private apartments at the top of the building. The final floors accommodate a public viewing gallery, 240 m above street level. This arrangement of functions also allows the tower to taper off and disappear into the sky. Eight sloping glass facades, the “shards”, define the shape and visual quality of the tower, fragmenting the scale of the building and reflecting the light in unpredictable ways. Opening vents in the gaps or “fractures” between the shards, provide natural ventilation to winter gardens.

 

The extra-white glass used on the Shard gives the tower a lightness and a sensitivity to the changing sky around it, the Shard’s colour and mood are constantly changing. It required a particular technical solution to ensure the facade’s performance in terms of controlling light and heat. A double-skin, naturally ventilated facade with internal blinds that respond automatically to changes in light levels was developed. The logic is very simple: external blinds are very effective in keeping solar gain out of a building, but unprotected external blinds are not appropriate for a tall building, hence the extra layer of glass facade on the outside.

Another `mystery` pic from my collection. Taken at the original premises of LVVS at Whisby Road in the sixties.

I pencilled on the back "Seen on back of lorry on the A45 on 24/3/76".

This would have been the old A45 trunk road between Cambridge and Quy Church, before the Cambridge by-pass (now A14) was built, so maybe heading for Ipswich?

Photography from the 2015 Certiport Global Partners Summit & Microsoft Office Specialist & Adobe Certified Associate World Championships at Gaylord Texan Resort and Conference Center, Dallas, Texas.

Associated Gasoline details page at the History San Jose website.

 

Edited with the Picnik editor = sepia - vignette

1 2 ••• 17 18 20 22 23 ••• 79 80