View allAll Photos Tagged Addition
Built in 326 AD and expanded to something approximating its present size primarily in the 500s AD, with further additions over the subsequent millennium, this historic Byzantine-style Basilica is known as Panagia Ekatontapiliani, Panagia Katapoliani, or the Holy Shrine of the Virgin Mary Ekatontapyliani. The church is one of the best preserved Roman-era basilicas, having served as a church for most of its history. The church’s name means “The Church With 100 Gates,” though this is believed by experts to be a corruption of a term meaning “Lower Town Church,” which sounds similar, and could easily have been unintentionally altered after more than a millennium of existence. The cathedral consists of a main church structure, which dates back to 326AD, which is attached to a baptistery, which stands to the south. To the west and northwest of the church is a two-story U-shaped structure, which houses living quarters, offices, and a museum, as well as a pair of campaniles atop the roof flanking the main entrance portal. The main church is cruciform in shape, with marble walls, a red terra cotta tile roof, roman arched bays, a front portico with arched openings, an octagonal lantern below a dome, a semi-circular apse, and two smaller chapels that stand to the northeast of the church. To the south is a smaller baptistery, with a similar exterior treatment to the main church, with a marble exterior and red terra cotta tile roof, as well as an octagonal drum and dome, with the baptistery being lower in height than the main church. Inside, the church features remnants of the original Byzantine mosaic floor and murals, with over a millennium of earthquakes, interior alterations, and weathering having destroyed most of the original decorations, leaving behind stone walls, vaulted stone ceilings, stone floors, and stone columns. The U-shaped structure to the east and northeast, which is much newer, is clad in limewashed stucco, with marble trim, doric pilasters, wrought iron gates, and a one-story arcade around the perimeter of the courtyard with arches supported on cylindrical stone columns. The rest of the churchyard is enclosed by a high limewashed wall with a gate to the north of the church, with the courtyard being home to ancient stone monuments and relics from the church’s long history. The church underwent a major restoration between 1959 and 1966, which removed the stucco cladding from the oldest portions of the church complex, and revealed the remaining Byzantine-era decorative elements. Today, the church remains in use as a Greek Orthodox Cathedral, and is a major historical site on the island of Paros, being one of the oldest purpose-built churches still in use in the world.
4942 Trent Dr San Jose CA 95124 4 bed 3 bath 1,800 sq ft listed at $649,000 Union Middle, Leigh High School MLS# 81121508 bayareaconnect.com
This is the latest thing to be found in the Pittman Addition Hydro Park, it's to the branch of a tree.
Nothing says 'fun!' like a jackhammer. I was originally hoping to just build on top of the patio slab but quickly realized that a perimeter foundation trench would have to be dug (for the city if not for the structure...) so out with the old...
sunday we went to the Hat Museum, it's located in Ladds Addition. There were no photos allowed inside so you have to go there yourself to see the place…it's amazing. It's only open by appointment and only 6 people at a time. It's worth it to see over 1000 hats in history not to mention the mushroom hat.
The area was originally a 3 season porch. The existing deck was supported while the demolition/construction of the addition was being performed. The entire structure was removed down to the foundation. The foundation was built to match the height of the existing house. According to the supplied architectural plans, the new structure was built. The roof lines were integrated into one another, siding was blended from old to new, and the deck was attached to the new addition. The new addition was to accommodate the new kitchen. All the necessary pluming, electrical, and structural work was performed. The new kitchen featured a cathedral ceiling, sky light, oak floors, granite countertops, custom cabinetry, a teak center island and dining table.
via Instagram kotaserang.net/1MGGNNI, #Repost @dodioktarino ・・・ Rawa Dano is one of the tourist attractions in the province of Banten. Its beauty will captivate the eyes of tourists who visit this place. Lots of touring or bike groups who come to this place. In addition to its natural beauty, it also includes a unique tourist spot because there are marshes overgrown with lots of trees. Lake Swamp Nature Reserve has a conservation area covering 2,500 ha endemic overgrown by various species of trees, in the form of mountain bog the only one there and still left on the island of Java. Rawa Danau adalah salah satu tempat wisata di Provinsi Banten. Keindahannya akan memikat mata wisatawan yang mengunjungi tempat ini. Banyak sekali touring atau kelompok sepeda yang mendatangi tempat ini. Selain karena keindahan alamnya, tempat ini juga termasuk tempat wisata yang unik karena terdapat rawa-rawa yang ditumbuhi banyak pepohonan. Cagar Alam Rawa Danau mempunyai kawasan konservasi endemis seluas 2.500 ha yang ditumbuhi oleh berbagai jenis pohon, dalam bentuk rawa pegunungan satu-satunya yang ada dan masih tersisa di Pulau Jawa. #banten #rawadano #wisataalam #pemandangan #landscape #view #fotounik #wisata #pariwisata #exploreserang #explorebanten #mancak #mountain #pegunungan #instagram #instanature #nature #lembah #bukit #hills #alam #gogreen #kotaserang #serang #Indonesia kotaserang.net/1J24vh9 , August 03, 2015 at 09:36AM #Repost @dodioktarino ・・・ Rawa Dano is one of the tourist attractions in the province of Banten. Its beauty will captivate the eyes of tourists who visit this place. Lots of touring or bike groups who come to this place. In addition to its natural beauty, it also includes a unique tourist spot because there are marshes overgrown with lots of trees. Lake Swamp Nature Reserve has a conservation area covering 2,500 ha endemic overgrown by various species of trees, in the form of mountain bog the only one there and still left on the island of Java. Rawa Danau adalah salah satu tempat wisata di Provinsi Banten. Keindahannya akan memikat mata wisatawan yang mengunjungi tempat ini. Banyak sekali touring atau kelompok sepeda yang mendatangi tempat ini. Selain karena keindahan alamnya, tempat ini juga termasuk tempat wisata yang unik karena terdapat rawa-rawa yang ditumbuhi banyak pepohonan. Cagar Alam Rawa Danau mempunyai kawasan konservasi endemis seluas 2.500 ha yang ditumbuhi oleh berbagai jenis pohon, dalam bentuk rawa pegunungan satu-satunya yang ada dan masih tersisa di Pulau Jawa. #banten #rawadano #wisataalam #pemandangan #landscape #view #fotounik #wisata #pariwisata #exploreserang #explorebanten #mancak #mountain #pegunungan #instagram #instanature #nature #lembah #bukit #hills #alam #gogreen #kotaserang #serang #Indonesia kotaserang.net/1J24vh9 #KotaSerangDotCom #KotaSerang Original Post: kotaserang.net/1MGGNNI Link Gambar: kotaserang.net/1SUaRnC By: kotaserang.net/1DGfNIW
Or should it read "Addiction" ? I could not help but add some plants and rain to an otherwise dull and cloudy image of a seagull on a bench on Granville Island.
this scene has a bibical to feel to it...the elder hens checking out the new hatched chicks as mother looks on and father is ready to crow with pride
Ladd's Addition is a nice, close-in neighborhood in Portland that we can't afford to buy a decent house in :)
Built in 326 AD and expanded to something approximating its present size primarily in the 500s AD, with further additions over the subsequent millennium, this historic Byzantine-style Basilica is known as Panagia Ekatontapiliani, Panagia Katapoliani, or the Holy Shrine of the Virgin Mary Ekatontapyliani. The church is one of the best preserved Roman-era basilicas, having served as a church for most of its history. The church’s name means “The Church With 100 Gates,” though this is believed by experts to be a corruption of a term meaning “Lower Town Church,” which sounds similar, and could easily have been unintentionally altered after more than a millennium of existence. The cathedral consists of a main church structure, which dates back to 326AD, which is attached to a baptistery, which stands to the south. To the west and northwest of the church is a two-story U-shaped structure, which houses living quarters, offices, and a museum, as well as a pair of campaniles atop the roof flanking the main entrance portal. The main church is cruciform in shape, with marble walls, a red terra cotta tile roof, roman arched bays, a front portico with arched openings, an octagonal lantern below a dome, a semi-circular apse, and two smaller chapels that stand to the northeast of the church. To the south is a smaller baptistery, with a similar exterior treatment to the main church, with a marble exterior and red terra cotta tile roof, as well as an octagonal drum and dome, with the baptistery being lower in height than the main church. Inside, the church features remnants of the original Byzantine mosaic floor and murals, with over a millennium of earthquakes, interior alterations, and weathering having destroyed most of the original decorations, leaving behind stone walls, vaulted stone ceilings, stone floors, and stone columns. The U-shaped structure to the east and northeast, which is much newer, is clad in limewashed stucco, with marble trim, doric pilasters, wrought iron gates, and a one-story arcade around the perimeter of the courtyard with arches supported on cylindrical stone columns. The rest of the churchyard is enclosed by a high limewashed wall with a gate to the north of the church, with the courtyard being home to ancient stone monuments and relics from the church’s long history. The church underwent a major restoration between 1959 and 1966, which removed the stucco cladding from the oldest portions of the church complex, and revealed the remaining Byzantine-era decorative elements. Today, the church remains in use as a Greek Orthodox Cathedral, and is a major historical site on the island of Paros, being one of the oldest purpose-built churches still in use in the world.
Addition To The Collection Makes 7.
A Giant Defy 4 Medium Sized Frame. 2016 Colourway In Black, Orange & White. Shortened Giant Connect Stem From 110mm To 80mm. Giant Connect Seatpost And New Giant Connect Bartape. Further Upgrades To Come.
I found this one hiding among some different flower pics and wished that I had uploaded this instead/as well as the others. So I've sneaked it in. No need for extra comments unless you desperately want to!!
In addition the center test network, SNMP Simulator has numerous different modules that can help upgrade client bolster. From use in customer preparing research facilities to customer mind conditions, it encourages you to spare endeavours and significant value go sources.
More details just visit our website : www.gambitcomm.com/site/snmp-simulator.php
Or call us at : (603) 889 5100
"This chapel was a fifteenth-century addition to the cathedral. It is almost identical in structure to the Chapel of the Corporal. The construction of this chapel (also known as the Cappella Nuova and Signorelli chapel) was started in 1408 and completed in 1444. It is closed off from the rest of the cathedral by two wrought iron gates. The first one closes off the right arm of the transept. It was signed by the Sienese master Conte di lello Orlandi (1337). The second gate stands at the entrance of the chapel and is of a much later date. It was signed by master Gismondo da Orvieto (1516).
"Originally called the Cappella Nuova, or New Chapel, in 1622 this chapel was dedicated to Saint Britius (San Brizio), one of the first bishops of Spoleto and Foligno, who evangelized the people of Orvieto. Legend says that he left them a panel of the Madonna della Tavola, a Madonna enthroned with Child and Angels. This painting is from an anonymous late 13th-century master from Orvieto, who was probably influenced by Cimabue and Coppo di Marcovaldo. The face of the Child is a restoration from the 14th century. This panel stands on the late-Baroque altar of the Gloria, dating from 1715 and made by Bernardino Cametti.
"Fra Angelico and Benozzo Gozzoli began the decoration of the vault of the chapel in 1447. They painted only two sections: Christ in Judgment and Angels and Prophets as they were summoned in the same year to the Vatican by Pope Nicholas V to paint the Niccoline Chapel. Work came to a halt until Perugino was approached in 1489. However, he never began. After being abandoned for about 50 years, the decoration of the rest of the vault was awarded to Luca Signorelli on 5 April 1499. He added the scenes with the Choir of the Apostles, of the Doctors, of the Martyrs, Virgins and Patriarchs.
"His work pleased the board and they assigned him to paint frescoes in the large lunettes of the walls of the chapel. Work began in 1500 and was completed in 1503. (There was a break in 1502 because funds were lacking.) These frescoes in the chapel are considered the most complex and impressive work by Signorelli. He and his school spent two years creating a series of frescoes concerning the Apocalypse and the Last Judgment, starting with the Preaching of the Antichrist, continuing with tumultuous episodes of the End of the World, finding a counterpart in the Resurrection of the Flesh. The fourth scene is a frightening depiction of the Damned taken to Hell and received by Demons. On the wall behind the altar, Signorelli depicts on the left side the Elect being led to Paradise and on the right side the Reprobates driven to Hell. He added to these expressive scenes some striking details.
• The Preaching of the Antichrist was painted shortly after the trial on charges of heresy and execution of the Observant Dominican friar, Giralamo Savonarola in Florence on 23 May 1498. The Antichirst is depicted under the influence of the incarnated angel named Satan who suggests him what to say, while touching his rib cage. The analogy of the Antichrist sowing discord by preaching slander and calumny, would not have been lost on late 15th-century viewers. To underscore the contemporary analogy, at lower right, Signorelli includes recognizable portraits of the young Raphael, in a striking pose; Dante; possibly Christopher Columbus; Boccaccio; Petrarch; and Cesare Borgia, and, on the left, he depicts himself, dressed in noble garments, and Fra Angelico, in his Dominican habit.
• In the left background the Antichrist is expelled from heavens by the archangel Michael, and his acolytes killed by a rain of fire. In the right background he depicts a large, domed temple in the Renaissance style.
• 'The End of the World' is painted over the arch of the entrance to the chapel. Signorelli paints frightening scenes as cities collapse in ruins and people flee under darkened skies. On the right side below he shows the Sibyl with her book of prophesies, and King David with raised hand predicting the end of the world. In the left corner below, people are scrambling and lying in diverse positions on the ground, producing an illusion as if falling out of the painting. This successful attempt in foreshortening was striking in its day.
• 'The Resurrection of the Flesh' is a study by Signorelli, exploring the possibilities of the male and female nude, while trying to recreate a three-dimensional setting. Signorelli shows his mastery in depicting the many positions of the human body. The risen, brought back to life, are crawling in an extreme effort from under the earth and are received by two angels in the sky blowing on a trumpet.
• 'The Damned are taken to Hell' and received by Demons is in stark contrast to the previous one. Signorelli has gone to the extremes of his fantasy and evocative powers to portray his cataclysmic vision of the horrible fate, the agony and the despair of the damned. He uses the naked human body as his only expressive element, showing the isolated bodies entangling each other, merging in a convoluted mass. They are overpowered by demons in near-human form, depicted in colours of every shade of decomposing flesh. Above them, a flying demon transports a woman. This is probably a depiction of the Whore of the Apocalypse.
• 'The Elect in Paradise' shows the elect in ecstasy looking up to music-making angels. The few extant drawings, made in preparation for this fresco, are kept in the Uffizi in Florence. They show each figure in various positions, indicating that Signorelli must have used real models in the nude to portray his figures.
"Below this are smaller paintings of famous writers and philosophers watching the unfolding disaster above them with interest. Legend states that the writers depicted here are Homer, Empedocles, Lucan, Horace, Ovid, Virgil, and Dante, but the identifications are disputed by modern scholars. Several small-scale grisaille medallions depicting images from their works, including the first eleven books of Dante's Purgatorio, Orpheus, Hercules, and various scenes from Ovid and Virgil, among others.
"In a niche in the lower wall is shown a Pietà that contains explicit references to two important Orvietan martyr saints, S. Pietro Parenzo (podestà of Orvieto in 1199) and S. Faustino. They stand next to the dead Christ, along with Mary Magdalen and the Virgin Mary. The figure of the dead Christ, according to Giorgio Vasari, is the image of Signorelli's son Antonio, who died from the plague during the course of the execution of the paintings. This fresco was Signorelli's last work in the chapel. But Tom Henry in his book "The Life and Art of Luca Signorelli" (Yale University Press, 2012) states that Vasari's story is not correct: "Signorelli had two sons, Antonio and Tomasso. Tomasso outlived his father and Antonio was alive when this Lamentation was delivered in February 1502, dying a few months later in July 1502." (Preface, p. xiii)"
Source: Wikipedia
Built in 1905 and expanded with a matching addition in 1911, this Beaux Arts-style building was designed by R. F. Graf and originally housed Miller’s Department Store, a major retailer in Downtown Knoxville. The building features a red brick facade with arched windows, marble cladding at the base, which features pilasters with capitals displaying cartouches at the corners and between bays, large first floor storefront windows, window bays with recessed cream and red brick spandrel panels on the second, third, fourth, and fifth floors, arched windows on the fifth floor, brick pilasters with ionic capitals, bands of terra cotta trim at the large cornice pilasters, cartouches at the top of the corner pilasters, large decorative brackets at the top of the arched window openings, decorative terra cotta panels above the arched openings, and partial Caryatids supporting the architrave above the intermediate pilasters on the Gay Street facade, roman lattice screens above the architrave, and a cornice with coffers and a decorative geometric motif at the top of the building’s exterior facade. The rear of the building features an almost blank facade, with the exception of a Trompe-l'œil mural mockup of the primary facade at the end of a courtyard off of Market Square. The building served as Miller’s Department Store until it moved to the former Rich’s Department Store building in the late 20th Century, eventually ceasing its downtown Knoxville presence entirely in the late 1980s, with the chain eventually becoming defunct in 1992, with the chain being absorbed into Dillard’s. The building was restored to its original exterior appearance in 1998, and presently houses the Knoxville Utilities Board, a Regions Bank branch location, and various commercial tenants. The building is a contributing structure in the Gay Street Commercial Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Hope everyone is enjoying this awesome weather. Just for the weekends, we will feature a blueberry hand pie in addition to our apple hand pie. #alderaancoffee #honeypie #mke #coffee #pastry ift.tt/2tXwa5R