View allAll Photos Tagged relocation,

Throughout the project, there are ponding areas which in some cases have frogs and salamanders residing. When these ponding areas are within construction area these amphibians are captured and relocated to an area outside the Project.

From Left to Right – Brianna Powrie, Enviro-Ex Environmental Monitor, Ruth Lloyd, Sugar Cane Archaeologist and Linda Siwallace, Project Cultural Monitor with ?Estilagh First Nation.

 

Professional Packers Movers In Faridabad 9311166155

 

www.professionalpackersindia.com/packers-movers-faridabad...

 

Professional Relocation offers reliable and economical services to each sort of client for packers and movers Faridabad services. Its storage facilities ar distinctive and also the team is actuated towards taking care of products of shoppers with utmost care. The transportation facilities ar accessible around the clock and 100% client satisfaction is that the mission of the Team at the tip of the day.

 

The Thinktank Science Museum at Millennium Point, a multi-use meeting complex on Curzon Street in the Eastside, Birmingham, West Midlands.

 

The Birmingham Collection of Science & Industry was started in the mid-19th century, initially consisting of collections of weapons from the gun trade and the Birmingham Proof House. The Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery opened in 1885, including science collections. In 1951 the Museum of Science and Industry opened at Elkington Silver Electroplating Works, Newhall Street. Over the following years, the museum acquired individual artefacts, as well as entire collections, that were related to local industry and the history of science and technology.

 

Birmingham City Council decided in 1995 to relocate the museum when it was given an opportunity by the Millennium Commission to construct a new building. At the time, the old building was falling into a state of disrepair, and many of the artefacts were no longer in working order. The former museum closed in 1997, and Thinktank opened on 29 September 2001 as part of the £114-million Millennium Point complex. It was funded by Birmingham City Council, supported by the Millennium Commission. The area adjacent to the building is designated Eastside City Park. While many objects were put on display at Thinktank, others were stored at the Birmingham Museum Collection Centre, and some were brought out of storage.

 

Although the previous science museum was free to enter, Thinktank charges an entrance fee. In 2005 the museum underwent a £2 million upgrade, including the installation of a planetarium. By 2007 it had received over 1 million visitors. In April 2012, Birmingham Museums Trust took over governance and management responsibility for Thinktank, along with eight other sites.

 

In March 2015, a new "Spitfire gallery" opened, relating the displayed aircraft to their production, locally. Among the new exhibits are a leather flying helmet previously belonging to Helen Kerly, one of only two British civilian women commended for flying during the Second World War.

 

The museum shares the Millennium Point building with Birmingham City University, and is situated in the Eastside district. It lies near Aston University and the Gun Quarter – which was for many years the centre of world's gun-manufacturing industry. Immediately opposite are The Woodman, a public house, and Curzon Street railway station - both listed buildings.

 

To prepare for the construction of a freeway-style interchange at 5400 South and Bangerter Highway, UDOT will relocate a segment of the Jordan Aqueduct that extends north and south through this area.

The Minidoka Relocation Center, 15 miles north of Twin Falls and 150 miles southeast of Boise, was also referred to as the Hunt Camp. Minidoka was considered a model environment because of its relatively peaceful atmosphere and population that got along well with the administration. Because it was not within the Western Defense Command restricted area, security was somewhat lighter than at most other camps. But when the internees first arrived, they were shocked to see the bleak landscape that was to be there home over the next three years.

Located on the Snake River Plain at an elevation of 4000 feet, the land is dotted with sagebrush and thin basaltic lava flows and cinder cones. The internees found the environment to be extremely harsh, with temperatures ranging from 30 degrees below zero to as high as 115 degrees. They also had to contend with blinding dust storms and ankle-deep mud after the rains.

Minidoka was in operation from August 10, 1942 to October 28, 1945. The reserve covered more than 33,000 acres of land in Jerome County. The camp’s peak population reached 9,397 by March 1, 1943, and it became Idaho's third largest city. Five miles of barbed wire fencing and eight watchtowers surrounded the administrative and residential areas, which were located in the west-central portion of the reserve.

Most of the people interned at Minidoka were from the Pacific Northwest: approximately 7,050 from Seattle and Bainbridge Island, Washington, 2,500 from Oregon and 150 from Alaska, including children or grandchildren of Eskimo women and Japanese men. They were temporarily housed at the Puyallup Fairgrounds in Washington, then sent by train to Idaho. In early 1943, all of the Bainbridge Island, Washington, residents interned at the Manzanar Relocation Center were transferred to Minidoka at their own request because of constant conflict with the internees from Terminal Island in Los Angeles.

The central camp consisted of 600 buildings on 950 acres. When the first internees arrived at Minidoka in August 1942, they moved into the crude barracks even though much of the camp was unfinished and there was no running water or sewage system. The Army insisted on having all Japanese removed from the West Coast at once, and they did not halt the evacuation until the camp could hold no more. The last group of 500 evacuees to arrive at the camp had to sleep in mess halls, laundry rooms, or any available bed space. Waiting in line for many daily functions, especially meals, was common.

The camp’s residential area encompassed 36 blocks and was one mile wide and three miles long. Each block included 12 tarpaper barracks, one dining hall, one laundry building with communal showers and toilets and a recreation hall. Immediately after arrival, the internees were instructed to see the camp physician, and then they received an apartment assignment. Apartments were of three sizes, and where possible, family groups or relatives were placed near each other. Efforts were later made to move people near their place of employment.

Look carefully at the previous photo in my stream and you'll maybe notice where this coffee mug was precariously balanced :)

New York Deli Café (closed) [4.532 square feet]

2053 S Crater Road, Walnut Hill Plaza, Petersburg, VA

 

This restaurant opened in the mid 2000s and closed in 2014; it was originally a McDonald's, which was built and opened in 1977 and relocated here in 2003.

  

A stone statue of Queen Victoria presented to the town by Alderman B Tolhurst and erected in 1898 to commemorate the Queen's jubilee.

In 1962 the stature was relocated to Clifftown Parade, from Pier Hill.

 

The sculpture is listed grade II

www.imagesofengland.org.uk/details/default.aspx?id=122895

Nile Street facade.

Foundation stone 31 Oct 1874 by David Bower, architect Robert George Thomas, opened 23 Oct 1876 on site of earlier bond store. Building sold to Customs when library & nautical museum relocated Jul 1959 to St Vincent Street, transferred to Port Adelaide Corporation 1979, becoming a free library, moving to Church St 1991. First Institute opened Jul 1851 in meeting room of George Coppin’s White Horse Cellars Inn.

 

“a number of individuals, interested in the mental improvement of the Port, met at the Court-House, to found a Mechanics' Institute and Literary Institution and Library. . . Mr. Coppin had promised them the use of the Masonic Hall, also of his large and valuable library, and even a benefit at the theatre on their paying the necessary expenses.” [Register 29 May 1851]

 

“A meeting. . . was held at the White Horse Cellar, Port Adelaide, on Friday, September 2, for the purpose of establishing a library and reading-room. . . About 30 persons were present.” [Advertiser 3 Sep 1859]

 

“Opening of the Port Adelaide Institute. -The opening soiree of subscribers and the public. . . in the large room of the White Horse Cellar, which was densely crowded by the residents of the Port and its vicinity, not less than from 400 to 500 persons being present. . . The Institution had received a good supply of periodicals and magazines through the Adelaide Institute. They had also received a quantity of books. The Government had favorably entertained an application for rooms in the present Custom-House, where, it was to be hoped, they might shortly be domiciled.” [Advertiser 18 Oct 1859]

 

“subscribers to the Port Adelaide Institute held their first annual meeting in the Reading-Room, White Horse Cellar. . . the total number of subscribers had been 129. . . number of books on the shelves 350.” [Advertiser 26 Oct 1860]

 

“The buildings formerly occupied by the Customs Department, the Local Court, and the Police Station, but rendered vacant by the erection of the new buildings, are undergoing a course of alterations to fit them for the occupation of other branches of the public service. The late Custom-House is to be transformed into a Telegraph Office. . . The old Court-House has been handed over to the Port Corporation for a Town Hall — a purpose for which it is well suited. The Port Adelaide Institute will also be allowed the use of those premises for their library and reading-room.” [Register 26 Dec 1860]

 

“letter from the Port Adelaide Institute, asking when it would be convenient for the Council to allow them to occupy the Council room, proposed by the Government, when not otherwise engaged. The Town Clerk was instructed to reply the Corporation had no objection to their coming in, but think the room unsuited for their purposes, and suggested their making further application to the Government for a room for themselves.” [Advertiser 23 Feb 1861]

 

“The annual meeting of the subscribers of the Port Adelaide Institute was held in the Institute Room, North-parade. . . Gratification was expressed at the success attending the opening of the institute during three evenings of each week, for reading, &c, to afford an opportunity to those benefitted by the early closing movement.” [Advertiser 7 Oct 1863]

 

“The Committee of the Port Adelaide Institute have removed their Library and Reading-room to the Town Hall, the Council having granted the use of one of the rooms on the first floor for that purpose.” [Advertiser 28 May 1867]

 

“A meeting of the subscribers and friends of the Port Adelaide Institute was held on Friday evening, January 20, at the new reading rooms, lately the telegraph office, to take into consideration the desirableness of altering the annual payment of £1 to 12s.” [Advertiser 24 Jan 1871]

 

“For some years past this institution has been in a very languishing state, but recently its management has fallen into good hands. . . The library and public reading-room have been removed from the Town Hall, and the offices that were portion of the old Telegraph Station have been fitted up for these purposes. Since the committee reduced the subscription to 12s. per annum they have had a large increase of members, 140 being at the present time. . . the reading-room has been thrown open from 10 o'clock a.m. until 10 p.m. The Committee in making these alterations have had to engage a librarian, who could devote his whole time to the services of the Institute.” [Advertiser 6 May 1871]

 

“Port Adelaide Institute. . . One of the most noticeable features in connection with the Institute is the museum, which now occupies the third room. . . Curios from Europe, Asia; Africa, Fiji, and various parts of Australia, are ranged round the walls; fossils, shells, corals, birds, war weapons, ornaments, articles of dress, insects, reptiles, fish, human skulls, English and foreign coins. . . The collection was initiated by the present Librarian.” [Register 15 Jan 1872]

 

“Mr. David Bower, of Port Adelaide, had generously offered to give the sum of £500 towards the erection of a suitable building for the Port Adelaide Institute, the only condition being that a similar amount was subscribed by other means.” [Register 17 Oct 72]

 

“the old bonded store on the Government Reserve, the site of which has been handed over for the site of the new Port Adelaide Institute, is in course of being pulled down, we presume to make way for the new building. The store hitherto was leased by Captain Simpson, who generously gave up the lease before expiry in order to admit of the erection of the Institute at an early date.” [Advertiser 5 Dec 1873]

 

“The foundation stone of the new building for the Port Adelaide Institute is to be laid with much ceremony this afternoon by Mr. David Bower, whose liberal donation was the means of initiating the movement. A procession is to be formed at the Town Hall, and proceed by way of St Vincent and Mundy streets and the North Parade to the site of the building in the Commercial-road.” [Register 31 Oct 1874]

 

“Port Adelaide Institute. . . has already reached the level of the ground-floor. . . The foundation-stone, which is of Macclesfield marble, is to be placed in the south-east corner. . . immediately above the freestone moulded plinth, and will serve as a rusticated quoin. . . His Worship the Mayor (Mr. J. M. Sinclair) said some of those present would remember a small wooden building which many years ago served for an Institute at Port Adelaide.” [Register 2 Nov 1874]

 

“The elevations are on the Venetian-Italian style. . . There being no amount available for a tower, a lookout has been provided for by constructing a mansard roof over the angle of the Commercial road and Nile-street, so that when entertainments are going on a flag can be hoisted. A niche for a statue is also provided above the doorway into the class-room facing Nile-street.” [Advertiser 24 Oct 1876]

 

“The materials used in the construction of the building are rubble-stone from Dry Creek, bricks and freestone from Teatree Gully, and the dressings are of Portland cement and freestone. The foundation, which is of concrete, is laid on the old level of the Port. There is an entrance from the Commercial-road and two from Nile street.” [Express & Telegraph 24 Oct 1876]

 

“Our first Institute was opened in a small wooden building; we migrated thence to the Town Hall, and subsequently to the Custom-House.” [Register 24 Oct 1876]

 

“The was a large gathering of ladies and gentlemen in the Port Adelaide Institute Lecture-hall on Tuesday afternoon, July 27, to witness the ceremony of unveiling the large oil painting which recently arrived from England, and to celebrate the inauguration of a fine art gallery for Port Adelaide. . . the splendid collection of photographs of Thorwaldsen's sculptures sent to the museum by Christian IX., King of Denmark, were exhibited. . . Mr. Huson's picture, which measures about 6 feet by 4 feet 6 inches, depicts an English country scene. The subject is ‘The Quiet Stream’.” [Advertiser 28 July 1880]

 

“The Museum and Art Gallery connected with the Port Adelaide Institute contains a number of valuable exhibits, and these have lately been increased by several cultural history specimens, old books, curios and pictures. . . The curators have lately added to the permanent exhibits two large paintings of the Port River in the early days.” [Advertiser 31 Oct 1896]

 

“Among several further exhibits which have been secured for the recently established nautical museum at Port Adelaide is a model of the British full-rigged ship Craigendarroch, and the figurehead of the barque Garthneil, one of the last of the British sailers.” [Advertiser 8 Jun 1933]

 

“An old fashioned ship's gun, believed to have belonged to an English frigate. It was dredged from the bottom of the Fort River several years ago, and is now in the Port Adelaide Nautical Museum.” [Advertiser 25 Jul 1933]

 

“Converted into a nautical museum with models, figureheads, photographs, and pictures of ships connected with early Port Adelaide as the main features, the Port Adelaide Museum has been reopened. . . Many interesting nautical .specimens have been acquired for the museum. At a recent auction sale in Adelaide, the bell of the barque County of Merioneth was bought. This ship, which is ending its days at Port Adelaide as a coal hulk, was built at Liverpool in 1880.” [News 9 Aug 1933]

 

“the Art Gallery has just purchased a rare and beautiful old oil painting on wood by an unknown artist, and probably of the 15th century French period. The Director (Mr. McCubbin) is very enthusiastic about the acquisition of their first example of that period, and so well preserved, too. Subject of the painting: St. Martin of Tours and St. Nicholas. According to Mr. McCubbin, it was in the art gallery at Port Adelaide Institute for many years, but little is known of its Australian history, how it came here, and during recent weeks it has hung on the gallery walls at North terrace, where its striking subject and rich coloring have been much admired.” [Advertiser 21 Oct 1943]

 

“The painting, known as 'St. Martin of Tours and St. Nicholas,' was purchased by the gallery Board from the Port Adelaide Institute authorities in 1943. It has now been identified by the Courtauld Institute of Art, London, as being by the 'Master of the Uttenheim Altarpiece,' Tyroleset School, and dated about 1460. . . The curator of the institute gallery (Mr. Vernon Smith) said last night that he believed the picture was found in the false bottom of a packing case among a number consigned to a printer who worked in the basement of the institute building, about the end of last century. The printer, E. H. Derrington, gave the picture to the institute. . . the painting was on exhibition at the Port Adelaide Institute's art gallery for many years, but few people knew of its existence. It was lent to the National Gallery in 1943 and subsequently purchased from the institute.” [Advertiser 23 Aug 1950]

 

“Port Adelaide Nautical Museum. . . Space was becoming desperately short and conditions were very over-crowded. . . New exhibits were continually being presented or lent to the museum. The museum is run and maintained by the Port Adelaide Institute. Money for its upkeep is raised by the institute's subscription library. . . The museum, which was the only one of its type in Australia.” [Advertiser 6 Jan 1954]

 

Professional Packers And Movers In Ghaziabad 9311950079

 

www.professionalpackersindia.com/packers-movers-ghaziabad...

 

Professional Packers and movers established in 200X and it's one amongst the simplest and leading relocation services suppliers in XYZ location. we provide complete packers and movers services and relocate your demand inside given timeframe at reasonable prices. once it involves long distance shifting and relocation we tend to effectively shift your product with none injury and even one scratch on your product.

 

Nearly 900,000 cubic yards of material has been moved during this project.

Professional Packers Movers In Faridabad 9311166155

 

www.professionalpackersindia.com/packers-movers-faridabad...

 

Professional Relocation offers reliable and economical services to each sort of client for packers and movers Faridabad services. Its storage facilities ar distinctive and also the team is actuated towards taking care of products of shoppers with utmost care. The transportation facilities ar accessible around the clock and 100% client satisfaction is that the mission of the Team at the tip of the day.

 

Professional Packers And Movers In Ghaziabad 9311950079

 

www.professionalpackersindia.com/packers-movers-ghaziabad...

 

Professional Packers and movers established in 200X and it's one amongst the simplest and leading relocation services suppliers in XYZ location. we provide complete packers and movers services and relocate your demand inside given timeframe at reasonable prices. once it involves long distance shifting and relocation we tend to effectively shift your product with none injury and even one scratch on your product.

 

In the 1950's, the Peoria & Eastern relocated about 1.5 miles of track to accomodate a new customer. The result was this cut going under Indiana highway 63. Here, the Vermilion Valley totes 10 empty hoppers east on the relocated segment.

ALP deliver your goods at your Home 'or' other destinations ! #logistic_services

The Prahran Town Hall complex on the corner of Chapel and Greville Streets may be found in the busy inner suburb of Prahran.

The complex of buildings that make up the Prahran Town Hall, includes the original courthouse relocated in 1869 as the first Council chamber, and the later 1886 Prahran Courthouse and Police Station which front onto Greville and Macquarie Streets.

 

The Prahran Town Hall complex was erected in stages commencing between 1860 and 1861 when Melbourne architects Crouch and Wilson were awarded a £25.00 prize by the Public Works Committee after entering with twelve other competitors for the commission. Their original bluestone hall complex has been designed in Victorian Italianate style, an architectural movement that was very popular between the mid and late Nineteenth Century. The prominent central tower with classical balustrading is very typical of the movement, as are its rounded windows, giant order pilasters, asymmetrical facade and general use of classical motifs. The Victorian Italianate movement gained popularity in Britain and her dominions after architect Thomas Cubitt assisted Queen Victoria's husband, Prince Albert, to design Osborne, the Royal Family's residence on the Isle of White. The bluestone facades on Chapel and Greville Streets were stuccoed in 1862. In 1863, alterations to the original town hall tower were planned, so that it might accommodate a clock, supplied by J. Murray and Company or London. In 1868, the original courthouse was removed and placed snugly behind the town hall’s ballroom and reception room, where it became, in 1869, the first Council chamber. The later boom style Classicism additions of 1888 were executed to the designs of notable Melbourne architect, Charles D'Ebro. These included a lending library and an art gallery which were located above a portion of the town hall that was leased to the postal authority for 99 years in return for £5,000.00 towards the cost of alterations and additions to the building.

 

The Prahran Courthouse and Police Station, located adjacent to the Town Hall and on a corner site in Greville Street, was erected around 1886 to the design of prominent Public Works Department architect Charles R. Gilchrist. The contractors awarded the construction were Furneau, Besley and Angel. The Gothic Revival structure of brick fabric clad with Barrabool stone from Geelong and Moonie Ponds limestone and further enhanced with ornamental ironwork, is a traditionally planned and unusually integrated public utilities complex. It features beautiful stained glass windows, which allow the courthouse to be a light and airy space. The finely detailed and well proportioned building is a rare combination of public utilities and, being situated on a dominant corner position, is of streetscape importance in the Prahran Town Hall precinct.

 

In January 1914, the Colosseum drapery emporium, on Prahran’s fashionable Chapel Street, caught fire and quickly became a burning inferno. It was not long before embers started falling on the Prahran Town Hall, destroying its main city hall, adjacent to the Council chambers. In August of 1914, Messrs Sydney, Smith and Ogg architects were appointed with the task of restoring the hall and alerting the smoking room and dressing rooms into a more open atrium space with cloakrooms. This latter task was awarded to Mr. W. E. Cooper’s submission which also included converting the caretaker’s quarters into a suite for the Mayoress.

 

In 1955, the final alteration occurred to the Prahran Town Hall’s exterior, when the cupola atop the tower was deemed to be a fire risk, and not wishing for a fate similar to that of the main hall in1914, the Council agreed to have it removed.

 

Between the mid 1980s and 2009 the Prahran Town Hall complex has been steadily restored and refurbished, presenting the wonderful amalgamation of buildings that we see today, converting some spaces, whilst revealing hidden architectural gems in other places, such as stained glass windows and other original internal detailing.

 

Prahran Town Hall was open as part of the 2014 Open House Melbourne Weekend.

Zeiss Ikon, ZM 35/2, RPX 400 store-developed

The Minidoka Relocation Center, 15 miles north of Twin Falls and 150 miles southeast of Boise, was also referred to as the Hunt Camp. Minidoka was considered a model environment because of its relatively peaceful atmosphere and population that got along well with the administration. Because it was not within the Western Defense Command restricted area, security was somewhat lighter than at most other camps. But when the internees first arrived, they were shocked to see the bleak landscape that was to be there home over the next three years.

Located on the Snake River Plain at an elevation of 4000 feet, the land is dotted with sagebrush and thin basaltic lava flows and cinder cones. The internees found the environment to be extremely harsh, with temperatures ranging from 30 degrees below zero to as high as 115 degrees. They also had to contend with blinding dust storms and ankle-deep mud after the rains.

Minidoka was in operation from August 10, 1942 to October 28, 1945. The reserve covered more than 33,000 acres of land in Jerome County. The camp’s peak population reached 9,397 by March 1, 1943, and it became Idaho's third largest city. Five miles of barbed wire fencing and eight watchtowers surrounded the administrative and residential areas, which were located in the west-central portion of the reserve.

Most of the people interned at Minidoka were from the Pacific Northwest: approximately 7,050 from Seattle and Bainbridge Island, Washington, 2,500 from Oregon and 150 from Alaska, including children or grandchildren of Eskimo women and Japanese men. They were temporarily housed at the Puyallup Fairgrounds in Washington, then sent by train to Idaho. In early 1943, all of the Bainbridge Island, Washington, residents interned at the Manzanar Relocation Center were transferred to Minidoka at their own request because of constant conflict with the internees from Terminal Island in Los Angeles.

The central camp consisted of 600 buildings on 950 acres. When the first internees arrived at Minidoka in August 1942, they moved into the crude barracks even though much of the camp was unfinished and there was no running water or sewage system. The Army insisted on having all Japanese removed from the West Coast at once, and they did not halt the evacuation until the camp could hold no more. The last group of 500 evacuees to arrive at the camp had to sleep in mess halls, laundry rooms, or any available bed space. Waiting in line for many daily functions, especially meals, was common.

The camp’s residential area encompassed 36 blocks and was one mile wide and three miles long. Each block included 12 tarpaper barracks, one dining hall, one laundry building with communal showers and toilets and a recreation hall. Immediately after arrival, the internees were instructed to see the camp physician, and then they received an apartment assignment. Apartments were of three sizes, and where possible, family groups or relatives were placed near each other. Efforts were later made to move people near their place of employment.

Planet Fitness 2437 E. Main St Plainfield, IN. Former Walmart that relocated to 2575 E. Main St in 1988.

Dawn Patrol. A319 towing up to the line. Overnight work package down at hangar complete.

Nawa, issan northeast Thailand

During the soccer world cup 2006, Munich's new soccer stadium had to remove its name because Allianz is not one of the main sponsors.

 

Odd or not - they brought the giant letters to the inner city and placed it on "Haus der Kunst" ("house of art") where an exhibition of the architects Herzog&deMeuron takes places right now. They also planned the stadium.

Covering two floors of this office building in Fleet Place, London, Mansfield Monk designed a fresh working environment that consolidated the two businesses who were relocating to the new offices. The design reflects the individuality, creativity and passion of both parts of the business.

 

www.mansfieldmonk.co.uk

Store #721, 312 Market St; opened in 1972 as a non-pharmacy Rite Aid store. Relocated across the street to 309 Market in the early 80s, gaining a pharmacy; as of May 2017 has relocated again to 304 Market St, directly next door to the original location.

The Stories of Village Relocation 遷村

All Photos from Richard Wong are shown in the Richardwonghk Photo Collection : www.flickr.com/groups/2674798@N22/pool/with/14578518712/#...

As the constructions of the reservoirs in Hong Kong in the past, villages were relocated by the government with compensation.

Shing Mun New Village 城門新村:

In 1933 the Shing Mun Reservoir was built and completed in 1937 to meet the increasing demand for fresh water in Hong Kong. The reservoir was completed in 1937. The local Hakka villages were resettled in other parts of the New Territories. The villagers in Shing Mun Village were relocated to Shing Mun New Village in Kam Tin.

Sam Mun Tsai New Village 三門仔新村:

The construction of the Plover Cove Reservoir necessitated the displacement of the inhabitants of a number of Hakka villages which were covered by the reservoir. The Hakka villagers were compensated by the Hong Kong British colonial government with apartments and shop units along Kwong Fuk Road in Tai Po which were built for their resettlement there. Fishermen who live at the original Sam Mun Tsai site, close to Pak Sha Tau, now at the northeastern shore of Reservoir, were relocated to Sam Mun Tsai New Village on the island of Yim Tin Tsai in 1966.

Sai Kung Man Yee Wan and Sha Tsui New Village西貢萬宜灣沙咀新村:

In the 1970s the Hong Kong government decided to construct High Island Reservoir and ten villages, including Lan Nai Wan爛泥灣村 (or Man Yee Wan Village 萬宜灣村, Pak Tam Chung and Sha Tsui, were submerged by rising water or fell within the catchment area of the reservoir after construction. The villagers were then relocated to areas near Sai Kung Old Town and Sai Kung Man Yee Wan and Sha Tsui New Village.

 

Facebook: www.facebook.com/HKHeritages?ref=hl

 

Covering two floors of this office building in Fleet Place, London, Mansfield Monk designed a fresh working environment that consolidated the two businesses who were relocating to the new offices. The design reflects the individuality, creativity and passion of both parts of the business.

 

www.mansfieldmonk.co.uk

This store relocated from Gulf Coast Town Center.

The work continues with the relocation of the ancient monument of Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain from it's present position near Amesbury to Wylye Down...

Store #3749, 694 N. Dupont Hwy; opened in the early 70s with co-anchor Acme (Ames and Leggett were added on later). Became Rite Aid in 1988; relocated across the street to 677 N. Dupont Blvd. at some point in the mid to late 00s. Currently Goodwill.

Moving house can be a stressful, time consuming and costly process, which begs the question why do so many people choose to do it? From lack of space to a new job, this article will serve to explain the top 10 reasons why people decide to pack everything in cardboard boxes and move…

 

1. Need more space

First time home buyers positioning themselves on the property ladder often outgrow their starter home and need to upsize to a larger house with plans to start a family.

 

2. Upgrade

Deciding whether to improve your property or move house entirely can be difficult. Becoming restless at home is a common problem, with many people getting itchy feet to upgrade to a bigger, more desirable home.

 

3. New job

A new job can mean relocating to a different area if the commuting distance is simply too long or travelling from your current home to your new job is completely unfeasible.

 

4. Empty nest

When the kids are all grown up and have moved out of the family home, many choose to downsize to a smaller home as they no longer need all the extra space.

 

5. Relationships

Choosing to move in with a partner is typically a significant stage in any relationship and is one of the main reasons people relocate. It can often mean that one will need to sell their house if both owned homes prior to the decision. On the other hand, break ups can also result in moving house, as one person’s income may not be able to support the price of the home or one individual may need to buy the other out.

 

6. Visit family more often

For many people, living closer to their family is very important and can be one of the key reasons people choose to move house. As the family unit extends to several generations, parents want to be nearer their children, and grandparents prefer to live nearer their children and grandchildren.

 

7. Catchment area for schools

More and more people are moving house to catchment areas where their children will be a higher priority for admission to their school of choice. Parents who are keen to send their child to a particular school may not fall within the specific catchment area in their current home, meaning many decide to relocate.

 

8. Change of scenery/lifestyle

Those feeling unsettled in their current home or searching for a fresh start are most likely to uproot and move to a different location. Whether you want to move from the bright lights of the city to the peaceful countryside or vice versa, many decide that a change of scenery is the ideal option for them.

 

9. Cost of running a house

A change of income or need to save money means many choose to relocate to an area where the running costs of a house are much lower. From the price of the house itself to rent or bills, the expense of owning and running a house can cause many to move to a different area.

 

10. Changes in the surrounding area

Since originally moving into your current home, the neighbourhood might have significantly deteriorated for economic, social or physical reasons. This might mean that you choose to relocate to an area where you feel much happier and more comfortable in your surroundings.

 

Rumah Tradisional Melayu Terengganu. Front view.

 

LIVING WITH NATURE

 

[Note: I'm transcribing most of the text information provided by FRIM].

 

This more than 100 years old Terengganu traditional house was relocated from Pulau Rusa, Terengganu to FRIM's compound in 1987. This Terengganu house belongs to the "Rumah Tiang Dua Belas" type, named after 12 posts (3 rows of 4) which extend from the foundation to the roof. The main house (rumah ibu) is reserved for social ceremonies and serves as the sleeping area of the unmarried members of the house. Guests are often entertained in the open verandah at the front of the house (serambi or selasar).

 

The owner may later decide to make additions to the house whenever the need arises. The addition of the kitchen and the middle house (rumah tengah) to this house and had previously been moved to another location in the village of Pulau Rusa where they are still in use.

 

The house is entirely from cengal (Neobalanocarpus heimii, a Dipterocarpaceae), one of our best durable even without treatment. The roof is made of singgora clay tiles.

Covering two floors of this office building in Fleet Place, London, Mansfield Monk designed a fresh working environment that consolidated the two businesses who were relocating to the new offices. The design reflects the individuality, creativity and passion of both parts of the business.

 

www.mansfieldmonk.co.uk

1 2 ••• 6 7 9 11 12 ••• 79 80