View allAll Photos Tagged force
Ashgill Force
At Ashgillside and Beldy there are waterfalls namely Ashgill Force and Thortergill Force. Thortergill Force (formerly known to locals as Lady's Walk) was previously able to be accessed by the public, but access has now been closed by the current landowners.
Garrigill
Garrigill Cumbria is a small village in the North Pennine region of the UK situated on the banks and close to the source of the River South Tyne.
Historically part of Cumberland, today it is within the Garrigill ward of the civil parish of Alston Moor within the district of Eden.
The village's name should not be confused with the hamlet of Galligill in the Nent valley, also within Alston Moor.
The village's former name is Garrigill-Gate and it was earlier known as Gerard's Gill. (Gill is a Norse word for a steep-sided valley).
At its peak Garrigill was home to 1,000 people, mainly employed in the lead mining industry; now its population numbers less than 200. While those who live in the village were at one time mainly employed in local livestock farming, these days the population is fairly evenly divided between those in local employment, the self-employed and retirees. Garrigill Post Office is a traditional village store which has not changed substantially since the 1950s and is an attraction to many visitors, although at one time the village had four shops including a Co-op store. Both the Pennine Way, the oldest of the UK's National Trails, and the Sea to Sea Cycle Route (C2C) England's most popular long-distance cycle route, pass through the village.
View of row of houses including the Post Office. The boarded-up pub 'The George and Dragon' on the left.
For many years there has been one pub in the village, the 'George & Dragon', but this was closed from September 2009 to December 2010 and again from November 2013 to 03 April 2015. It subsequently closed again and re-opened on 25 August 2017. Before the mid-20th century there was a second pub, The Old Fox, next to the church.
The centre of the village is the green which the post office and George & Dragon overlook with the church and village hall nearby, but at either end of the village proper are the areas of Gatefoot and Gatehead, whilst on the village's outskirts are the settlements of Beldy, Crossgill, Loaning (pronounced Lonnin') Head and Ashgillside. There are two water pumps in the village, one on the green and one (which still works) by the bridge.
The closest town is Alston, four miles away to the north.
The parish church of St John was for centuries a chapel of ease to St Augustine's at Alston but was promoted to full parish status in the 1980s. It is served by a team vicar based at Alston who also serves the churches at Nenthead, Knarsdale, Kirkhaugh and Lambley. There used to be several non-conformist chapels at or just outside Garrigill as well. Unlike most of the rest of Cumbria the parishes of Alston, Nenthead and Garrigill are within the Diocese of Newcastle not the Diocese of Carlisle.
At nearby Tynehead, now only a single house but once a thriving mining community, there was until the 1930s a primary school which was the highest school there has ever been in England. Garrigill's own school, located at Gatefoot on the Leadgate road, closed in the 1960s.
Garrigill was the home of Westgarth Forster (1772–1835), geologist and mining engineer. He published A Treatise on a Section of the Strata from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to the Mountain of Cross Fell in Cumberland. Descendants of the Forster family still reside in Garrigill to this day, and there is a memorial to him in the churchyard.
Garrigill is home to landscape artist Lionel Playford, whose works have been featured in various galleries across the country, to artist and illustrator Akasha Raven, known for her surreal and imaginative paintings and drawings, and to Coxhoe-born artist Gillie Cawthorne, many of whose dramatic watercolour paintings are inspired by the moody North Pennine landscape. Artist Jules Cadie works from his home and studio close to Ashgill Force at High Ashgill, often using raw natural material from his immediate environment.
Today is Armed Forces day in the UK, take some time to show your support for the lads and lasses doing their duty for Queen and country.
I would like to thank the Gents at the recruiting office in Manchester for being so helpful and pleasant.
Ashgill Force
At Ashgillside and Beldy there are waterfalls namely Ashgill Force and Thortergill Force. Thortergill Force (formerly known to locals as Lady's Walk) was previously able to be accessed by the public, but access has now been closed by the current landowners.
Garrigill
Garrigill Cumbria is a small village in the North Pennine region of the UK situated on the banks and close to the source of the River South Tyne.
Historically part of Cumberland, today it is within the Garrigill ward of the civil parish of Alston Moor within the district of Eden.
The village's name should not be confused with the hamlet of Galligill in the Nent valley, also within Alston Moor.
The village's former name is Garrigill-Gate and it was earlier known as Gerard's Gill. (Gill is a Norse word for a steep-sided valley).
At its peak Garrigill was home to 1,000 people, mainly employed in the lead mining industry; now its population numbers less than 200. While those who live in the village were at one time mainly employed in local livestock farming, these days the population is fairly evenly divided between those in local employment, the self-employed and retirees. Garrigill Post Office is a traditional village store which has not changed substantially since the 1950s and is an attraction to many visitors, although at one time the village had four shops including a Co-op store. Both the Pennine Way, the oldest of the UK's National Trails, and the Sea to Sea Cycle Route (C2C) England's most popular long-distance cycle route, pass through the village.
View of row of houses including the Post Office. The boarded-up pub 'The George and Dragon' on the left.
For many years there has been one pub in the village, the 'George & Dragon', but this was closed from September 2009 to December 2010 and again from November 2013 to 03 April 2015. It subsequently closed again and re-opened on 25 August 2017. Before the mid-20th century there was a second pub, The Old Fox, next to the church.
The centre of the village is the green which the post office and George & Dragon overlook with the church and village hall nearby, but at either end of the village proper are the areas of Gatefoot and Gatehead, whilst on the village's outskirts are the settlements of Beldy, Crossgill, Loaning (pronounced Lonnin') Head and Ashgillside. There are two water pumps in the village, one on the green and one (which still works) by the bridge.
The closest town is Alston, four miles away to the north.
The parish church of St John was for centuries a chapel of ease to St Augustine's at Alston but was promoted to full parish status in the 1980s. It is served by a team vicar based at Alston who also serves the churches at Nenthead, Knarsdale, Kirkhaugh and Lambley. There used to be several non-conformist chapels at or just outside Garrigill as well. Unlike most of the rest of Cumbria the parishes of Alston, Nenthead and Garrigill are within the Diocese of Newcastle not the Diocese of Carlisle.
At nearby Tynehead, now only a single house but once a thriving mining community, there was until the 1930s a primary school which was the highest school there has ever been in England. Garrigill's own school, located at Gatefoot on the Leadgate road, closed in the 1960s.
Garrigill was the home of Westgarth Forster (1772–1835), geologist and mining engineer. He published A Treatise on a Section of the Strata from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to the Mountain of Cross Fell in Cumberland. Descendants of the Forster family still reside in Garrigill to this day, and there is a memorial to him in the churchyard.
Garrigill is home to landscape artist Lionel Playford, whose works have been featured in various galleries across the country, to artist and illustrator Akasha Raven, known for her surreal and imaginative paintings and drawings, and to Coxhoe-born artist Gillie Cawthorne, many of whose dramatic watercolour paintings are inspired by the moody North Pennine landscape. Artist Jules Cadie works from his home and studio close to Ashgill Force at High Ashgill, often using raw natural material from his immediate environment.
This Sea Dragon was conducting training around MCAS Iwakuni where the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force is co-based with the US Marine Corps.
Took some artistic liberties and am really happy with the way this shot finally turned out.
Walking beyond Aira Force, you will eventually come to this waterfall higher up Aira Beck, called High Force.
Aira Force is a waterfall in the English Lake District, in the county of Cumbria. The word force, from Old Norse fors, is used in many parts of northern England as a synonym for "waterfall".
The stream which flows over the waterfall is Aira Beck, which rises on the upper slopes of Stybarrow Dodd at a height of 720 metres (2,362 ft) and flows north-easterly before turning south, blocked by the high heather-covered slopes of Gowbarrow Fell. It turns south on its eight-kilometre journey to join Ullswater, at a height of 150 metres (492 ft). One kilometre before entering the lake, the beck makes the 20 metres (66 ft) leap down a rocky ravine at the falls known as Aira Force.
Aira Force lies on land owned by the National Trust. The Trust has provided facilities, such as car parking, disabled access, graded paths, and viewing platforms to make Aira Force one of the most famous and most visited waterfalls in the Lake District. A small arched bridge spans the stream just as the beck goes over the falls giving a spectacular view from the top as the water makes its magnificent leap.
Den of Imagination - Your Miniature Painting Service
We are a registered studio in Torun, Poland. We have been in line of work since 2008. Our still growing staff of painters and sculptors is ready to work on any project you can imagine!
We are credible, solid and reliable. We work best with large commissions and we guarantee fast service.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEBSITE: denofimagination.com/
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/user/denofimagination
SHOP: shop.denofimagination.com/
TWITTER: Twitter.com/doiStudio
FLICKER: www.flickr.com/photos/97996892@N07/
PINTEREST: www.pinterest.com/denstudio/
INSTAGRAM: instagram.com/doiphoto/
John Force (born May 4, 1949 in Bell Gardens, California) is an NHRA drag racer, a 15-time Funny Car champion driver, and a 17-time champion car owner. Force owns and drives for John Force Racing. He is one of the most dominant drag racers in the sport with 132 career victories. He graduated from Bell Gardens High School and briefly attended Cerritos Junior College to play football. He is the father of drag racers Ashley Force Hood, Brittany Force, and Courtney Force.
Ashgill Force
At Ashgillside and Beldy there are waterfalls namely Ashgill Force and Thortergill Force. Thortergill Force (formerly known to locals as Lady's Walk) was previously able to be accessed by the public, but access has now been closed by the current landowners.
Garrigill
Garrigill Cumbria is a small village in the North Pennine region of the UK situated on the banks and close to the source of the River South Tyne.
Historically part of Cumberland, today it is within the Garrigill ward of the civil parish of Alston Moor within the district of Eden.
The village's name should not be confused with the hamlet of Galligill in the Nent valley, also within Alston Moor.
The village's former name is Garrigill-Gate and it was earlier known as Gerard's Gill. (Gill is a Norse word for a steep-sided valley).
At its peak Garrigill was home to 1,000 people, mainly employed in the lead mining industry; now its population numbers less than 200. While those who live in the village were at one time mainly employed in local livestock farming, these days the population is fairly evenly divided between those in local employment, the self-employed and retirees. Garrigill Post Office is a traditional village store which has not changed substantially since the 1950s and is an attraction to many visitors, although at one time the village had four shops including a Co-op store. Both the Pennine Way, the oldest of the UK's National Trails, and the Sea to Sea Cycle Route (C2C) England's most popular long-distance cycle route, pass through the village.
View of row of houses including the Post Office. The boarded-up pub 'The George and Dragon' on the left.
For many years there has been one pub in the village, the 'George & Dragon', but this was closed from September 2009 to December 2010 and again from November 2013 to 03 April 2015. It subsequently closed again and re-opened on 25 August 2017. Before the mid-20th century there was a second pub, The Old Fox, next to the church.
The centre of the village is the green which the post office and George & Dragon overlook with the church and village hall nearby, but at either end of the village proper are the areas of Gatefoot and Gatehead, whilst on the village's outskirts are the settlements of Beldy, Crossgill, Loaning (pronounced Lonnin') Head and Ashgillside. There are two water pumps in the village, one on the green and one (which still works) by the bridge.
The closest town is Alston, four miles away to the north.
The parish church of St John was for centuries a chapel of ease to St Augustine's at Alston but was promoted to full parish status in the 1980s. It is served by a team vicar based at Alston who also serves the churches at Nenthead, Knarsdale, Kirkhaugh and Lambley. There used to be several non-conformist chapels at or just outside Garrigill as well. Unlike most of the rest of Cumbria the parishes of Alston, Nenthead and Garrigill are within the Diocese of Newcastle not the Diocese of Carlisle.
At nearby Tynehead, now only a single house but once a thriving mining community, there was until the 1930s a primary school which was the highest school there has ever been in England. Garrigill's own school, located at Gatefoot on the Leadgate road, closed in the 1960s.
Garrigill was the home of Westgarth Forster (1772–1835), geologist and mining engineer. He published A Treatise on a Section of the Strata from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to the Mountain of Cross Fell in Cumberland. Descendants of the Forster family still reside in Garrigill to this day, and there is a memorial to him in the churchyard.
Garrigill is home to landscape artist Lionel Playford, whose works have been featured in various galleries across the country, to artist and illustrator Akasha Raven, known for her surreal and imaginative paintings and drawings, and to Coxhoe-born artist Gillie Cawthorne, many of whose dramatic watercolour paintings are inspired by the moody North Pennine landscape. Artist Jules Cadie works from his home and studio close to Ashgill Force at High Ashgill, often using raw natural material from his immediate environment.
1971 Westland Puma HC.2 Helicopter Royal Air Force XW220
Photo taken at the Imperial War Museum Duxford Cambridgeshire 2nd May 2024
GAD_5054
Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) NZ6460 Aermacchi MB-339CB c/n 6786.
The only Italian-made aircraft to fly with the RNZAF, the Macchi gave a generation of Air Force pilots their introduction to fast jet flying.
The MB-339 was developed during the 1970s in response to a request from the Italian Air Force for a replacement jet trainer. A derivation of its predecessor, the MB-326, the prototype first flew on 12 August 1976, and the first aircraft entered production soon after.
The RNZAF acquired 18 Aermacchi MB-339CBs in 1990, with deliveries beginning in 1991. All 18 aircraft were operated by No. 14 Squadron RNZAF at Ohakea. The MB-339, or ‘Macchi’ as it became known in the RNZAF, provided RNZAF pilots with the advanced flying training component of their ‘wings’ course. The Macchi also had a second-line attack capability when equipped with 12.7mm gun packs, bombs and rockets. With the disbandment of the RNZAF’s Air Combat Force in 2001, the Aermacchi was retired and put into storage at Ohakea. The majority of the fleet was sold in 2012, with the remainder being allocated to aviation museums around New Zealand.
NZ6460 was the first Macchi to be assembled and test flown in New Zealand and was officially handed over to No. 14 Squadron on 19 April 1991. On 28 November 1994, its pilot was forced to make a wheels-up landing at night following a ‘flame-out’ of the engine. A metal object had been ingested resulting in a complete loss of power shortly after take-off. The aircraft required extensive repair in Italy. As part of No. 14 Squadron’s aerobatic display team, the Black Falcons, NZ6460 took part in many displays around New Zealand throughout 2000 in celebration of the new millennium. It was transferred to the Air Force Museum of New Zealand in 2012.
Catalog #: 10_0018424
Title: Bombardment Group ; 8th Air Force; 358th Squadron; B-17s
Date: 1941-1945
Additional Information: World War Two Squadron/Group
Tags: Bombardment Group ; 8th Air Force; 358th Squadron; B-17s, World War Two Squadron/Group, 1941-1945
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
Ashley Force at NHRA O'Reilly Summer Nationals - Topeka, Kansas. For more, visit www.fordracing.com.
Catalog #: 10_0015983
Title: Operation Allied Force Yugoslavia
Date: 1999
Additional Information: Operation Allied Force Yugoslavia
Tags: Operation Allied Force Yugoslavia, Operation Allied Force Yugoslavia, 1999
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
In Newton's 2nd Law, it states that force equals mass times acceleration or you could say that the acceleration of the object is equal to the force divided by mass. In this picture, the acceleration of the ball depends on the force from the pool stick and the mass of the ball. The last two photos show how much the ball accelerates when one is hit with a smaller force and one with a larger force. The greater the mass or acceleration of the ball, the greater the force needed.
U.S. Air Force basic military graduation and coining ceremony is held Oct. 22, 2020, for the 331st Training Squadron on Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Due to current world events, the graduation ceremonies will be closed to the public until further notice for safety and security of the newly accessioned Airmen and their family members due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
U.S. Air Force Hot Pat at NAS Boca Chica taken on October 19, 1967. U.S. Navy Photo by PH 1 J.L. Weaver from the Wright Langley Collection.
U.S. Air Force basic military graduation and coining ceremony is held July 30, 2020, for the 322nd Training Squadron at the Pfingston Reception Center on Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Due to current world events, the graduation ceremonies will be closed to the public until further notice for safety and security of the newly accessioned Airmen and their family members due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Panama Air Force Embraer EMB-135BJ Legacy 600, HP-1A.
C/n 14501066.
Shannon 26th January 2015.
PANAMA 1 taxies for departure off Rwy 24.
U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptors from the 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla., and A-10 Thunderbolt IIs from the 303rd Fighter Squadron part of the 442nd Fighter Wing, Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo., fly in formation over Tallinn, Estonia, Sept. 4, 2015. The U.S. Air Force has deployed four F-22 Raptors, one C-17 Globemaster III, approximately 60 Airmen and associated equipment to Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. While these aircraft and Airmen are in Europe, they will conduct air training with other Europe-based aircraft. The United States is committed to ongoing reassurance efforts to NATO allies in Eastern Europe. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Jason Robertson/Released)
Catalog #: 10_0018613
Title: Bombardment Group; 11th Air Force; 34th, 37th, 18th, 73rd; P-40s
Date: 1941-1945
Additional Information: World War Two Squadron/Group
Tags: Bombardment Group; 11th Air Force; 34th, 37th, 18th, 73rd; P-40s, World War Two Squadron/Group, 1941-1945
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
This aluminum and steel sculpture made by the Spanish artist Lorenzo Quinn is located in the central courtyard and, given its smallish size makes an interesting contrast to the rather vast expanse of the Marina Barrage.
================================
© COPYRIGHT NOTICE
This photo is copyrighted and may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my consent and permission. All rights reserved.
Israeli Soldiers from the Caracal battalion during a field training exercise 17th December 2011
Photos: Israel Defence Force
St Clement Danes is the Central Church of the Royal Air Force.
The original Wren building was badly damaged by enemy action in 1941. It was rebuilt by the Royal Air Force in 1958 to become its spiritual heart.
Taken with an Olympus OMD and Samyang 7.5mm Lens
Ashgill Force
At Ashgillside and Beldy there are waterfalls namely Ashgill Force and Thortergill Force. Thortergill Force (formerly known to locals as Lady's Walk) was previously able to be accessed by the public, but access has now been closed by the current landowners.
Garrigill
Garrigill Cumbria is a small village in the North Pennine region of the UK situated on the banks and close to the source of the River South Tyne.
Historically part of Cumberland, today it is within the Garrigill ward of the civil parish of Alston Moor within the district of Eden.
The village's name should not be confused with the hamlet of Galligill in the Nent valley, also within Alston Moor.
The village's former name is Garrigill-Gate and it was earlier known as Gerard's Gill. (Gill is a Norse word for a steep-sided valley).
At its peak Garrigill was home to 1,000 people, mainly employed in the lead mining industry; now its population numbers less than 200. While those who live in the village were at one time mainly employed in local livestock farming, these days the population is fairly evenly divided between those in local employment, the self-employed and retirees. Garrigill Post Office is a traditional village store which has not changed substantially since the 1950s and is an attraction to many visitors, although at one time the village had four shops including a Co-op store. Both the Pennine Way, the oldest of the UK's National Trails, and the Sea to Sea Cycle Route (C2C) England's most popular long-distance cycle route, pass through the village.
View of row of houses including the Post Office. The boarded-up pub 'The George and Dragon' on the left.
For many years there has been one pub in the village, the 'George & Dragon', but this was closed from September 2009 to December 2010 and again from November 2013 to 03 April 2015. It subsequently closed again and re-opened on 25 August 2017. Before the mid-20th century there was a second pub, The Old Fox, next to the church.
The centre of the village is the green which the post office and George & Dragon overlook with the church and village hall nearby, but at either end of the village proper are the areas of Gatefoot and Gatehead, whilst on the village's outskirts are the settlements of Beldy, Crossgill, Loaning (pronounced Lonnin') Head and Ashgillside. There are two water pumps in the village, one on the green and one (which still works) by the bridge.
The closest town is Alston, four miles away to the north.
The parish church of St John was for centuries a chapel of ease to St Augustine's at Alston but was promoted to full parish status in the 1980s. It is served by a team vicar based at Alston who also serves the churches at Nenthead, Knarsdale, Kirkhaugh and Lambley. There used to be several non-conformist chapels at or just outside Garrigill as well. Unlike most of the rest of Cumbria the parishes of Alston, Nenthead and Garrigill are within the Diocese of Newcastle not the Diocese of Carlisle.
At nearby Tynehead, now only a single house but once a thriving mining community, there was until the 1930s a primary school which was the highest school there has ever been in England. Garrigill's own school, located at Gatefoot on the Leadgate road, closed in the 1960s.
Garrigill was the home of Westgarth Forster (1772–1835), geologist and mining engineer. He published A Treatise on a Section of the Strata from Newcastle-upon-Tyne to the Mountain of Cross Fell in Cumberland. Descendants of the Forster family still reside in Garrigill to this day, and there is a memorial to him in the churchyard.
Garrigill is home to landscape artist Lionel Playford, whose works have been featured in various galleries across the country, to artist and illustrator Akasha Raven, known for her surreal and imaginative paintings and drawings, and to Coxhoe-born artist Gillie Cawthorne, many of whose dramatic watercolour paintings are inspired by the moody North Pennine landscape. Artist Jules Cadie works from his home and studio close to Ashgill Force at High Ashgill, often using raw natural material from his immediate environment.
John Force funny car at his Yorba Linda, CA shop. They were getting set up for filming when I shot this.
After a mock explosion, during an exercise involving irregular warfare and mass casualty extraction scenarios in an urban environment, role players carry an injured civilian into cover while they wait for help to arrive. The training exercise scenarios were in an environment that simulated a marketplace in Afghanistan at the Playas Training and Research Center in Playas, N.M. (U.S. Air Force photo/Senior Airman Andrew Lee)
U.S. Air Force Airmen and Space Force Guardians basic military graduation and coining ceremony is held July 15, 2021, for the 433rd Training Squadron at the Pfingston Reception Center on Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. Due to current world events, the graduation ceremonies will be closed to the public until further notice for safety and security of the newly accessioned Airmen and their family members due to coronavirus (COVID-19). (U.S. Air Force photo by Thomas A. Coney)