View allAll Photos Tagged c1919

It uses 127 film.

It was produced between c1919-1926.

I paid £22.00 in March 2025.

Chancel, south window, c1919

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Judge Littleton, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Thomas a Beckett, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

St Mary, East Leake, Nottinghamshire.

C12-C17, chancel rebuilt c1880.

Grade l listed.

 

War Memorial. c1919.

A hexagonal column with moulded base and scalloped capital surmounted by a single copper cross.

Grade ll listed.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

King Henry lll & Simon of Montfort, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

King Henry lll, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Judge Littleton & William Caxton, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

King Henry ll, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Alexander Neckham & Roger Bacon, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Title: Stephen Henry and Jessie [nee Filmer] Sedgwick with their daughters Dorothy Hilda and Gladys Muriel

 

Collection: Smith

 

Date: c1919

 

Inscription: Grandfather & grandmother of Roderick, his Mum Gladys, her sister Dorothy. Sedgwick.

 

Note: Roderick is Roderick J. Baker

 

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Alexander Neckham, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

William Caxton, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

Worcester Cathedral.

The Cloister.

Simon of Montfort, c1919.

By the Gateshead Stained Glass Company - designer James Eadie Reid.

 

The Gateshead Stained Glass Company (1879-1926) was founded by James George Sowerby (1850-1914) and Thomas Ralph Spence (1848-1918), who did much of the early design work. James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) became chief designer for a short period in the early 20th century.

 

James Eadie Reid (1859-1928) was an artist who depicted biblical scenes based on his visits to the Holy Land. He also designed church murals and stained glass. He was a pupil of William Richmond. James Eadie Reid designed for the Gateshead Stained Glass Company before he returned to London to focus more on his own artwork, and latterly the design of war memorials.

South transept, east window, by James Powell and sons, c1919 : detail - St George

South transept, east window, by James Powell and sons, c1919 - Saints George and Alban

1 Cent Northwestern Novelty Co. Pure Gum Merchandiser Countertop Gumball Vending Machine c1919, Earlier wire handle version of this cast-iron "Square Ball Gum Vender" w/ original paint & decals w/ key

Stickford

 

Photographer: Keith Guyler [1995]

District: Lincoln and Grimsby

Circuit: Spilsby 17/20

Opening date (original church): 1844/1852

Opening date (present church): 1883

Year closed: c1919

Original denomination: Primitive

Remarks: 'Ebenezer. Sold 1922. Second and third chapels pictured. Now house and store.'

The book of dogs

Washington, D. C.,The National geographic society[c1919]

biodiversitylibrary.org/item/51954

St Edmund, Downham Market, Norfolk.

Window by William Morris of Westminster, c1919.

Detail.

 

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of George William Haylock sometime Chorister and Organist at this church. Died Nov 9 1918. This window was erected by George Edward and Agnes Eliza, father & mother.

 

For in the days of David and Asaph of old, there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

 

William Theodore Morris (1874-1944) and his studio had no link with Morris & Co, with which this firm was frequently confused. This Morris was a Londoner and son of Richard Morris (1842-1911) who worked in the field of glass design and decorative glass all his working life. William Morris set up a glass manufactory in 1901, moving to Rochester Row, Westminster in 1905. He also supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry (much in demand after World War I for memorials) and the firm supplied leaded lights and casements for houses. In the 1930s, beset with financial difficulties, it was sold, whilst its premises were bombed in World War II. It restarted in 1946 in Great Peter Street, near other ecclesiastical suppliers, under F W Cole, chief designer and remained there until it closed in 1958.

PM = Postmark date

c = Circa (estimated date)

cr = Copyright Date

D = Date on item

 

Ocean City, MD

Hocken Library Dunedin

Earland Photographer

Tily Collection

St Edmund, Downham Market, Norfolk.

Window by William Morris of Westminster, c1919.

Detail.

 

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of George William Haylock sometime Chorister and Organist at this church. Died Nov 9 1918. This window was erected by George Edward and Agnes Eliza, father & mother.

 

For in the days of David and Asaph of old, there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

 

William Theodore Morris (1874-1944) and his studio had no link with Morris & Co, with which this firm was frequently confused. This Morris was a Londoner and son of Richard Morris (1842-1911) who worked in the field of glass design and decorative glass all his working life. William Morris set up a glass manufactory in 1901, moving to Rochester Row, Westminster in 1905. He also supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry (much in demand after World War I for memorials) and the firm supplied leaded lights and casements for houses. In the 1930s, beset with financial difficulties, it was sold, whilst its premises were bombed in World War II. It restarted in 1946 in Great Peter Street, near other ecclesiastical suppliers, under F W Cole, chief designer and remained there until it closed in 1958.

St Mary (RC), Warrington, Cheshire, 1875-77.

Grade ll* listed.

Memorial Window, c1919 - detail.

Pray for the soul of John Eckersley who died March 9th 1919.

Hut photo from Bostall Heath camp c1919. Alice Yardley is standing on the right.

 

St Edmund, Downham Market, Norfolk.

Window by William Morris of Westminster, c1919.

Detail.

 

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of George William Haylock sometime Chorister and Organist at this church. Died Nov 9 1918. This window was erected by George Edward and Agnes Eliza, father & mother.

 

For in the days of David and Asaph of old, there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

 

William Theodore Morris (1874-1944) and his studio had no link with Morris & Co, with which this firm was frequently confused. This Morris was a Londoner and son of Richard Morris (1842-1911) who worked in the field of glass design and decorative glass all his working life. William Morris set up a glass manufactory in 1901, moving to Rochester Row, Westminster in 1905. He also supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry (much in demand after World War I for memorials) and the firm supplied leaded lights and casements for houses. In the 1930s, beset with financial difficulties, it was sold, whilst its premises were bombed in World War II. It restarted in 1946 in Great Peter Street, near other ecclesiastical suppliers, under F W Cole, chief designer and remained there until it closed in 1958.

St Edmund, Downham Market, Norfolk.

Window by William Morris of Westminster, c1919.

Detail.

 

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of George William Haylock sometime Chorister and Organist at this church. Died Nov 9 1918. This window was erected by George Edward and Agnes Eliza, father & mother.

 

For in the days of David and Asaph of old, there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

 

William Theodore Morris (1874-1944) and his studio had no link with Morris & Co, with which this firm was frequently confused. This Morris was a Londoner and son of Richard Morris (1842-1911) who worked in the field of glass design and decorative glass all his working life. William Morris set up a glass manufactory in 1901, moving to Rochester Row, Westminster in 1905. He also supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry (much in demand after World War I for memorials) and the firm supplied leaded lights and casements for houses. In the 1930s, beset with financial difficulties, it was sold, whilst its premises were bombed in World War II. It restarted in 1946 in Great Peter Street, near other ecclesiastical suppliers, under F W Cole, chief designer and remained there until it closed in 1958.

South aisle window, c1919 - Bishop Chambers, St Hugh, and Bishops Grostete and White

Amazing California Bungalow/Arts and Crafts style house in Roseville. A very beautiful reconstruction restoration!

-----------

"Comprising a unique combination of elements typical of Arts & Crafts architecture, c1919 "Upholland House" is an enchanting, family home for those who seek individual style. Set on level land with a perfect north-to-rear aspect, this is versatile family living you'll embrace"

Las Vegas, NV - Socialism - 2024 - Teacher Program

St Edmund, Downham Market, Norfolk.

Window by William Morris of Westminster, c1919.

Detail.

 

To the Glory of God and in loving memory of George William Haylock sometime Chorister and Organist at this church. Died Nov 9 1918. This window was erected by George Edward and Agnes Eliza, father & mother.

 

For in the days of David and Asaph of old, there were chief of the singers, and songs of praise and thanksgiving unto God.

 

William Theodore Morris (1874-1944) and his studio had no link with Morris & Co, with which this firm was frequently confused. This Morris was a Londoner and son of Richard Morris (1842-1911) who worked in the field of glass design and decorative glass all his working life. William Morris set up a glass manufactory in 1901, moving to Rochester Row, Westminster in 1905. He also supplied ironwork before establishing a stained glass studio and brass foundry (much in demand after World War I for memorials) and the firm supplied leaded lights and casements for houses. In the 1930s, beset with financial difficulties, it was sold, whilst its premises were bombed in World War II. It restarted in 1946 in Great Peter Street, near other ecclesiastical suppliers, under F W Cole, chief designer and remained there until it closed in 1958.

BOB by FRANK | en | 3-5-2012 | mouse | 1596 x 664

 

title: bob

artist: frank

tool: mouse

 

country: en

date: 3-5-2012

 

colors: 4

hex color palette: bffa1 281c3c 3f5cbc c1919

 

background: f1f1f1

 

size: 1596 x 664

 

action: http://drips.nalindesign.com

artist: frank

1 2 ••• 11 13 15 16 17