View allAll Photos Tagged augmentation
The model for this particular layout of Katherine Barr's Arms is based upon the combined Arms of Bavaria and France, as found in the Ottheinrich Bible, illuminated originally by Mathis Gerung, ca. 1530's (written originally in 1425-30 AD).
Also found in the Sotheby's catalogue of the Ottheinrich Bible, catalogue date December 4, 2007. (page 11-12).
Army Reserve combat engineer medics from the 321st Engineer Battalion teach an 18-day Sapper Advanced Tactical Medical Course to approximately 20 Army medics on Gowen Field Air National Guard Base, Idaho, in January, 2015. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. 1st Class Michel Sauret)
Dr. Jay Calvert is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He practices in Beverly Hills, California and Orange County, California where he performs all types of plastic surgery and specializes in aesthetic surgery. He has a special interest in face lifts, rhinoplasty (nose reshaping), and breast augmentation.
For more information please Visit www.jaycalvertmd.com or www.drcalvert.com
www.centurycitycosmeticsurgery.com Century Aesthetics® offers a wealth of cosmetic surgery procedures to meet the diverse needs of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and surrounding communities.Dr. Peter Fodor is recognized internationally for his surgical expertise and outstanding results. Produced by Corpshorts. www.corpshorts.com
The Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS) is designed for precision flights and will replace current instruments.
Impressions from the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2025 in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland 22 January 2025. Copyright: World Economic Forum/Faruk Pinjo
Recently, 28 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army or KATUSAs celebrated an end to their 2 years of military service during an ETS ceremony here at the post theater.
Their KATUSA service began Sept. 22, 2007 when they entered the Republic of Korea Army and completed the KATUSA Training Academy as KTA Class of 07-10.
Many KATUSAs around Area III, along with the U.S. and ROK Army Officers and NCOs, attended the ceremony showing appreciation for their exemplary work ethics and efforts, and to congratulate them on their departure from the Army and their journey back to society.
U.S. Army photos by Pvt. Joon Woo Baek
For more information on U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys and living and working in Korea visit: USAG-Humphreys' official web site or check out our online videos.
The incision for the breast enlargement procedure is done through the belly button / navel. By using this method, no cuts are made in or around the breast tissue. A thin instrument is inserted through this incision, passing under the abdominal skin to a position behind the pectoralis major muscle. A pocket is then created by inserting a tissue expander and filled with air. The size of the bag is checked and then complete dissection along the original incision. Finally, The saline implant is inserted and then filled with desired amount of sterile saline. The advantages of this technique versus others: shorter surgery, less trauma and bleeding, a small incision and a faster recovery!Dr Spera is among a handful of skilled plastic surgeons in the United States that performs the transumbilical breast augmentation. Since a tiny incision is made inside the belly button, there are no obvious scars on or around the breasts themselves. This will defy any speculation that your beautiful breasts were not God given. Why go any other way when you can have this procedure at mere pennies more in cost.And to all our faraway friends… You can fly, drive, or take a bus to see us! Dr Spera is centrally located and close to all travel modes and comfortable hotels; some equipped with kitchenettes and wifi at our special office rates. Best of all, Dr Spera will give you that little extra discount for making the trip. Hope to see you soon!!!!
Transumbilical Breast Augmentation - www.carlosspera.com/transumbilical-breast-augmentation/
The 59th Mobility Augmentation Company engineers clear small villages of improvised explosive devices for Cross Functional Team Warrior, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, April 6, 2013. Sgt. 1st Class Ronald D. DeLurme, 59th MAC platoon sergeant, calls in to report during his section's dismounted clearing mission.
Puri is a city and a Municipality of Odisha. It is the district headquarters of Puri district, Odisha, eastern India. It is situated on the Bay of Bengal, 60 kilometres south of the state capital of Bhubaneswar. It is also known as Jagannath Puri after the 12th-century Jagannath Temple located in the city. It is one of the original Char Dham pilgrimage sites for Indian Hindus.
Puri was known by several names from the ancient times to the present, and locally called as Badadeula. Puri and the Jagannath Temple were invaded 18 times by Hindu and Muslim rulers, starting from the 4th century to the start of the 19th century with the objective of looting the treasures of the temple. Odisha, including Puri and its temple, were under the British Raj from 1803 till India attained independence in August 1947. Even though princely states do not exist in independent India, the heirs of the Gajapati Dynasty of Khurda still perform the ritual duties of the temple. The temple town has many Hindu religious maths or monasteries.
The economy of Puri town is dependent on the religious importance of the Jagannath Temple to the extent of nearly 80%. The festivals which contribute to the economy are the 24 held every year in the temple complex, including 13 major festivals; Ratha Yatra and its related festivals are the most important which are attended by millions of people every year. Sand art and applique art are some of the important crafts of the city. Puri is one of the 12 heritage cities chosen by the Government of India for holistic development.
GEOGRAPHY AND CLIMATE
GEOGRAPHY
Puri, located on the east coast of India on the Bay of Bengal, is in the center of the district of the same name. It is delimited by the Bay of Bengal on the south east, the Mauza Sipaurubilla on the west, Mauz Gopinathpur in the north and Mauza Balukhand in the east. It is within the 67 kilometres coastal stretch of sandy beaches that extends between Chilika Lake and the south of Puri city. However, the administrative jurisdiction of the Puri Municipality extends over an area of 16.3268 square kilometres spread over 30 wards, which includes a shore line of 5 kilometres.
Puri is in the coastal delta of the Mahanadi River on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. In the ancient days it was near to Sisupalgarh (Ashokan Tosali) when the land was drained by a tributary of the River Bhargavi, a branch of the Mahanadi River, which underwent a meandering course creating many arteries altering the estuary, and formed many sand hills. These sand hills could not be "cut through" by the streams. Because of the sand hills, the Bhargavi River flowing to the south of Puri, moved away towards the Chilika Lake. This shift also resulted in the creation of two lagoons known as Sar and Samang on the eastern and northern parts of Puri respectively. Sar lagoon has a length of 8.0 km in an east-west direction and has a width of 3.2 km in north-south direction. The river estuary has a shallow depth of 1.5 m only and the process of siltation is continuing. According to a 15th-century chronicle the stream that flowed at the base of the Blue Mountain or Neelachal was used as the foundation or high plinth of the present temple which was then known as Purushottama, the Supreme Being. A 16th century chronicle attributes filling up of the bed of the river which flowed through the present Grand Road, during the reign of King Narasimha II (1278–1308).
CLIMATE
According to the Köppen and Geiger the climate of Puri is classified Aw. The city has moderate and tropical climate. Humidity is fairly high throughout the year. The temperature during summer touches a maximum of 36 °C and during winter it is 17 °C. The average annual rainfall is 1,337 millimetres and the average annual temperature is 26.9 °C.
HISTORY
NAMES IN HISTORY
Puri, the holy land of Lord Jaganath, also known popularly as Badadeula in local usage, has many ancient names in the Hindu scriptures such as the Rigveda, Matsya purana, Brahma Purana, Narada Purana, Padma Purana, Skanda Purana, Kapila samhita and Niladrimahodaya. In the Rigveda, in particular, it is mentioned as a place called Purushamandama-grama meaning the place where the Creator deity of the world – Supreme Divinity deified on altar or mandapa was venerated near the coast and prayers offered with vedic hymns. Over time the name got changed to Purushottama Puri and further shortened to Puri and the Purusha became Jagannatha. Close to this place sages like Bhrigu, Atri and Markandeya had their hermitage. Its name is mentioned, conforming to the deity worshipped, as Srikshetra, Purusottama Dhāma, Purusottama Kshetra, Purusottama Puri and Jagannath Puri. Puri is however, a common usage now. It is also known the geographical features of its siting as Shankhakshetra (layout of the town is in the form of a conch shell.), Neelāchala ("blue mountain" a terminology used to name very large sand lagoon over which the temple was built but this name is not in vogue), Neelāchalakshetra, Neelādri, The word 'Puri' in Sanskrit means "town", or 'city' and is cognate with polis in Greek.
Another ancient name is Charita as identified by Cunningham which was later spelled as Che-li-ta-lo by Chinese traveller Hiuen Tsang.When the present temple was built by the Ganga king Chodangadev in the 11th and 12th centuries it was called Purushottamkshetra. However, the Moghuls, the Marathas and early British rulers called it Purushottama-chhatar or just Chhatar. In Akbar's Ain-i-Akbari and subsequent Muslim historical records it was known as Purushottama. In the Sanskrit drama authored by Murari Mishra in the 8th century it is referred as Purushottama only. It was only after twelfth century Puri came to be known by the shortened form of Jagannatha Puri, named after the deity or in a short form as Puri. In some records pertaining to the British rule, the word 'Jagannath' was used for Puri. It is the only shrine in India, where Radha, along with Lakshmi, Saraswati, Durga, Bhudevi, Sati, Parvati, and Shakti abodes with Krishna, also known as Jagannath.
ANCIENT PERIOD
According to the chronicle Madala Panji, in 318 the priests and servitors of the temple spirited away the idols to escape the wrath of the Rashtrakuta King Rakatavahu. The temple's ancient historical records also finds mention in the Brahma Purana and Skanda Purana as having been built by the king Indradyumna of Ujjayani.
According to W.J. Wilkinson, in Puri, Buddhism was once a well established practice but later Buddhists were persecuted and Brahmanism became the order of the religious practice in the town; the Buddha deity in now worshipped by the Hindus as Jagannatha. It is also said that some relics of Buddha were placed inside the idol of Jagannath which the Brahmins claimed were the bones of Krishna. Even during Ashoka’s reign in 240 BC Odisha was a Buddhist center and that a tribe known as Lohabahu (barbarians from outside Odisha) converted to Buddhism and built a temple with an idol of Buddha which is now worshipped as Jagannatha. It is also said that Lohabahu deposited some Buddha relics in the precincts of the temple.
Construction of the Jagannatha Temple started in 1136 and completed towards the later part of the 12th century. The King of the Ganga dynasty, Anangabhima dedicated his kingdom to the God, then known as the Purushottam-Jagannatha and resolved that from then on he and his descendants would rule under "divine order as Jagannatha's sons and vassals". Even though princely states do not exist in independent India, the heirs of the Gajapati dynasty of Khurda still perform the ritual duties of the temple; the king formally sweeps the road in front of the chariots before the start of the Rathayatra.
MEDIEVAL AND EARLY MODERN PERIODS
History of the temple is the history of the town of Puri, which was invaded 18 times during its history to plunder the treasures of the Jagannath Puri temple. The first invasion was in the 8th century by Rastrakuta king Govinda-III (AD 798–814) and the last was in 1881 by the followers of Alekh Religion who did not recognize Jagannath worship. In between, from the 1205 onward there were many invasions of the city and its temple by Muslims of the Afghans and Moghuls descent, known as Yavanas or foreigners; they had mounted attacks to ransack the wealth of the temple rather than for religious reasons. In most of these invasions the idols were taken to safe places by the priests and the servitors of the temple. Destruction of the temple was prevented by timely resistance or surrender by the kings of the region. However, the treasures of the temple were repeatedly looted. Puri is the site of the Govardhana matha, one of the four cardinal institutions established by Adi Shankaracharya, when he visited Puri in 810 and since then it has become an important dham (divine centre) for the Hindus; the others being those at Sringeri, Dwaraka and Jyotirmath. The matha is headed by Jagatguru Shankarachrya. The significance of the four dhams is that the Lord Vishnu takes his dinner at Puri, has his bath at Rameshwaram, spends the night at Dwarka and does penance at Badrinath.
Chaitanya Mahaprabhu of Bengal who established the Bhakti movements of India in the sixteenth century, now known by the name the Hare Krishna movement, spent many years as a devotee of Jagannatha at Puri; he is said to have merged his "corporal self" with the deity. There is also a matha of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu here.
In the 17th century for the sailors sailing on the east coast of India, the landmark was the temple located in a plaza in the centre of the town which they called the "White Pagoda" while the Konark Sun Temple, 60 kilometres away to the east of Puri, was known as the "Black Pagoda".
The iconographic representation of the images in the Jagannath temple are believed to be the forms derived from the worship made by the tribal groups of Sabaras belonging to northern Odisha. These images are replaced at regular intervals as the wood deteriorates. This replacement is a special event carried out ritulistically by special group of carpenters.
The town has many Mathas (Monasteries of the various Hindu sects). Among the important mathas is the Emar Matha founded by the Tamil Vaishnav Saint Ramanujacharya in the 12th century AD. At present this matha is located in front of Simhadvara across the eastern corner of the Jagannath Temple is reported to have been built in the 16th century during the reign of Suryavamsi Gajapati. The matha was in the news recently for the large cache of 522 silver slabs unearthded from a closed room.
The British conquered Orissa in 1803 and recognizing the importance of the Jagannatha Temple in the life of the people of the state they initially placed an official to look after the temple's affairs and later declared it a district with the same name.
MODERN HISTORY
In 1906, Sri Yukteswar an exponent of Kriya Yoga, a resident of Puri, established an ashram in the sea-side town of Puri, naming it "Kararashram" as a spiritual training center. He died on 9 March 1936 and his body is buried in the garden of the ashram.
The city is the site of the former summer residence of British Raj built in 1913–14 during the era of governors, the Raj Bhavan.
For the people of Puri Lord Jagannath, visualized as Lord Krishna, is synonymous with their city. They believe that the Jagannatha looks after the welfare of the state. However, after the incident of the partial collapse of the Jagannatha Temple, the Amalaka part of the tower on 14 June 1990 people became apprehensive and thought it was not a good omen for the welfare of the State of Odisha. The replacement of the fallen stone by another of the same size and weight (seven tons) had to be done only in the an early morning hours after the gods had woken up after a good nights sleep which was done on 28 February 1991.
Puri has been chosen as one of the heritage cities for the Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana scheme of the Indian Government. It is one of 12 the heritage cities chosen with "focus on holistic development" to be implemented in 27 months by end of March 2017.
Non-Hindus are not permitted to enter the shrines but are allowed to view the temple and the proceedings from the roof of the Raghunandan library within the precincts of the temple for a small donation.
DEMOGRAPHICS
As of 2001 India census, Puri city, an urban Agglomeration governed by Municipal Corporation in Orissa state, had a population of 157,610 which increased to 200,564 in 2011. Males, 104,086, females, 96,478, children under 6 years of age, 18,471. The sex ratio is 927 females to 1000 males. Puri has an average literacy rate of 88.03 percent (91.38 percent males and 84.43 percent females). Religion-wise data is not reported.
ECONOMY
The economy of Puri is dependent on tourism to the extent of about 80%. The temple is the focal point of the entire area of the town and provides major employment to the people of the town. Agricultural production of rice, ghee, vegetables and so forth of the region meets the huge requirements of the temple, with many settlements aroiund the town exclusively catering to the other religious paraphernalia of the temple. The temple administration employs 6,000 men to perform the rituals. The temple also provides economic sustenance to 20,000 people belonging to 36 orders and 97 classes. The kitchen of the temple which is said to be the largest in the world employs 400 cooks.
CITY MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
Puri Municipality, Puri Konark Development Authority, Public Health Engineering Organisastion, Orissa Water Supply Sewerage Board are some of the principal organizations that are devolved with the responsibility of providing for all the urban needs of civic amenities such as water supply, sewerage, waste management, street lighting, and infrastructure of roads. The major activity which puts maximum presuure on these organizations is the annual event of the Ratha Yatra held for 10 days during July when more than a million people attend the grand event. This event involves to a very large extent the development activities such as infrastructure and amenities to the pilgrims, apart from security to the pilgrims.
The civic administration of Puri is the responsibility of the Puri Municipality which came into existence in 1864 in the name of Puri Improvement Trust which got converted into Puri Municipality in 1881. After India's independence in 1947, Orissa Municipal Act-1950 was promulgated entrusting the administration of the city to the Puri Municipality. This body is represented by elected representative with a Chairperson and councilors representing the 30 wards within the municipal limits.
LANDMARKS
JAGANNATH TEMPLE AT PURI
The Temple of Jagannath at Puri is one of the major Hindu temples built in the Kalinga style of architecture, in respect of its plan, front view and structural detailing. It is one of the Pancharatha (Five chariots) type consisting of two anurathas, two konakas and one ratha with well-developed pagas. Vimana or Deula is the sanctum sanctorum where the triad (three) deities are deified on the ratnavedi (Throne of Pearls), and over which is the temple tower, known as the rekha deula; the latter is built over a rectangular base of the pidha temples as its roof is made up of pidhas that are sequentially arranged horizontal platforms built in descending order forming a pyramidal shape. The mandapa in front of the sanctum sanctorum is known as Jagamohana where devotees assemble to offer worship. The temple tower with a spire rises to a height of 58 m in height and a flag is unfurled above it fixed over a wheel (chakra). Within the temple complex is the Nata Mandir, a large hall where Garuda stamba (pillar). Chaitanya Mahaprabhu used to stand here and pray. In the interior of the Bhoga Mantap, adjoining the Nata mandir, there is profusion of decorations of sculptures and paintings which narrate the story of Lord Krishna. The temple is built on an elevated platform (of about 39,000 m2 area), 20 ft above the adjoining area. The temple rises to a height of 214 ft above the road level. The temple complex covers an area of 4,3 ha. There is double walled enclosure, rectangular in shape (rising to a height of 20 ft) surrounding the temple complex of which the outer wall is known as Meghanada Prachira, measuring 200 by 192 metres. The inner walled enclosure, known as Kurmabedha. measures 126m x 95m. There are four entry gates (in four cardinal directions to the temple located at the center of the walls in the four directions of the outer circle. These are: the eastern gate called Singhadwara (Lions Gate), the southern gate known as Ashwa Dwara (Horse Gate), the western gate called the Vyaghra Dwara (Tigers Gate) or the Khanja Gate, and the northern gate called the Hathi Dwara or (elephant gate). The four gates symbolize the four fundamental principles of Dharma (right conduct), Jnana (knowledge), Vairagya (renunciation) and Aishwarya (prosperity). The gates are crowned with pyramid shapes structures. There is stone pillar in front of the Singhadwara called the Aruna Stambha {Solar Pillar}, 11 metres in height with 16 faces, made of chlorite stone, at the top of which is mounted an elegant statue of Arun (Sun) in a prayer mode. This pillar was shifted from the Konarak Sun temple. All the gates are decorated with guardian statues in the form of lion, horse mounted men, tigers and elephants in the name and order of the gates. A pillar made of fossilized wood is used for placing lamps as offering. The Lion Gate (Singhadwara) is the main gate to the temple, which guarded by two guardian deities Jaya and Vijaya. The main gates is ascended through 22 steps known as Baisi Pahaca which are revered as it is said to possess "spiritual animation". Children are made to roll down these steps from top to bottom to bring them spiritual happiness. After entering the temple on the left hand side there is huge kitchen where food is prepared in hygienic conditions in huge quantities that it is termed as "the biggest hotel of the world".
The legend says that King Indradyumma was directed by Lord Jagannath in a dream to build a temple for him and he built it as directed. However, according to historical records the temple was started some time during the 12th century by King Chodaganga of the Eastern Ganga dynasty. It was however completed by his descendant, Anangabhima Deva, in the 12th century. The wooden images of Jagannath, Balabhadra and Subhadra were then deified here. The temple was under the control of the Hindu rulers up to 1558. Then, when Orissa was occupied by the Afghan Nawab of Bengal, it was brought under the control of the Afghan General Kalapahad. Following the defeat of the Afghan king by Raja Mansingh, the General of Mughal emperor Akbar, the temple became a part of the Mughal empire till 1751 AD. Subsequently it was under the control of the Marathas till 1803. Then, when British Raj took over Orissa, the Puri Raja was entrusted with its to management until 1947.
The triad of images in the temple are of Jagannatha, personifying Lord Krishna, Balabhadra, his older brother, and Subhadra his younger sister, which are made of wood (neem) in an unfinished form. The stumps of wood which form the images of the brothers have human arms and that of Subhadra does not have any arms. The heads are large and un-carved and are painted. The faces are made distinct with the large circular shaped eyes.
THE PANCHA TIRTHA OF PURI
Hindus consider it essential to bathe in the Pancha Tirtha or the five sacred bathing spots of Puri, India, to complete a pilgrimage to Puri. The five sacred water bodies are the Indradyumana Tank, the Rohini Kunda, the Markandeya Tank, Swetaganga Tank, and the The Sea also called the Mahodadhi is considered a sacred bathing spot in the Swargadwar area. These tanks have perennial sources of supply in the form of rain water and ground water.
GUNDICHA TEMPLE
Known as the Garden House of Jagannath, the Gundicha temple stands in the centre of a beautiful garden, surrounded by compound walls on all sides. It lies at a distance of about 3 kilometres to the north east of the Jagannath Temple. The two temples are located at the two ends of the Bada Danda (Grand Avenue) which is the pathway for the Rath Yatra. According to a legend, Gundicha was the wife of King Indradyumna who originally built the Jagannath temple.
The temple is built using light-grey sandstone and architecturally, it exemplifies typical Kalinga temple architecture in the Deula style. The complex comprises four components: vimana (tower structure containing the sanctum), jagamohana (assembly hall), nata-mandapa (festival hall) and bhoga-mandapa (hall of offerings). There is also a kitchen connected by a small passage. The temple is set within a garden, and is known as "God's Summer Garden Retreat" or garden house of Jagannath. The entire complex, including garden, is surrounded by a wall which measures 131 m × 98 m with height of 6.1 m.
Except for the 9-day Rath Yatra when triad images are worshipped in Gundicha Temple, the rest of the year it remains unoccupied. Tourists can visit the temple after paying an entry fee. Foreigners (prohibited entry in the main temple) are allowed inside this temple during this period. The temple is under the Jagannath Temple Administration, Puri – the governing body of the main temple. A small band of servitors maintain the temple.
SWARGADWAR
Swargadwar is the name given to the cremation ground or burning ghat which is located on the shores of the sea were thousands of dead bodies of Hindus are brought from faraway places to cremate. It is a belief that the Chitanya Mahaparabhu disppaeread from this Swargadwar about 500 years back.
BEACH
The beach at Puri known as the "Ballighai beach} is 8 km away at the mouth of Nunai River from the town and is fringed by casurian trees. It has golden yellow sand and has pleasant sunshine. Sunrise and sunset are pleasant scenic attractions here. Waves break in at the beach which is long and wide.
DISTRICT MUSEUM
The Puri district museum is located on the station road where the exhibits are of different types of garments worn by Lord Jagannath, local sculptures, patachitra (traditional, cloth-based scroll painting) and ancient Palm-leaf manuscripts and local craft work.
RAGHUNANDANA LIBRARY
Raghunandana Library is located in the Emmra matha complex (opposite Simhadwara or Lion gate, the main entrance gate). The Jagannatha Aitihasika Gavesana Samiti (Jagannatha Historical Center) is also located here. The library contains ancient palm leaf manuscripts of Jagannatha, His cult and the history of the city. From the roof of the library one gets a picturesque view of the temple complex.
FESTIVALS OF PURI
Puri witnesses 24 festivals every year, of which 13 are major festivals. The most important of these is the Rath Yatra or the Car festival held in the month June–July which is attended by more than 1 million people.
RATH YATRA AT PURI
The Jagannath triad are usually worshiped in the sanctum of the temple at Puri, but once during the month of Asadha (Rainy Season of Orissa, usually falling in month of June or July), they are brought out onto the Bada Danda (main street of Puri) and travel 3 kilometrer to the Shri Gundicha Temple, in huge chariots (ratha), allowing the public to have darśana (Holy view). This festival is known as Rath Yatra, meaning the journey (yatra) of the chariots (ratha). The yatra starts, according to Hindu calendar Asadha Sukla Dwitiya )the second day of bright fortnight of Asadha (June–July) every year.
Historically, the ruling Ganga dynasty instituted the Rath Yatra at the completion of the great temple around 1150 AD. This festival was one of those Hindu festivals that was reported to the Western world very early. In his own account of 1321, Odoric reported how the people put the "idols" on chariots, and the King and Queen and all the people drew them from the "church" with song and music.
The Rathas are huge wheeled wooden structures, which are built anew every year and are pulled by the devotees. The chariot for Jagannath is about 14 m high and 35 feet square and takes about 2 months to construct. Th chariot is mounted with 16 wheels, each of 2.1 m diameter. The carvings in the front of the chariot has four wooden horses drawn by Maruti. On its other three faces the wooden carvings are Rama, Surya and Vishnu. The chariot is known as Nandi Ghosha. The roof of the chariot is covered with yellow and golden coloured cloth. The next chariot is that of Balabhadra which is 13 m in height fitted with 14 wheels. The chariot is carved with Satyaki as the charioteer. The carvings on this chariot also include images of Narasimha and Rudra as Jagannath's companions. The next chariot in the order is that of Subhadra, which is 13 m in height supported on 12 wheels, roof covered in black and red colour cloth and the chariot is known as Darpa-Dalaan. The charioteer carved is Arjuna. Other images carved on the chariot are that of Vana Durga, Tara Devi and Chandi Devi. The artists and painters of Puri decorate the cars and paint flower petals and other designs on the wheels, the wood-carved charioteer and horses, and the inverted lotuses on the wall behind the throne. The huge chariots of Jagannath pulled during Rath Yatra is the etymological origin of the English word Juggernaut. The Ratha-Yatra is also termed as the Shri Gundicha yatra and Ghosha yatra
CHHERA PAHARA
The Chhera Pahara is a significant ritual associated with the Ratha-Yatra. During the festival, the Gajapati King wears the outfit of a sweeper and sweeps all around the deities and chariots in the Chera Pahara (sweeping with water) ritual. The Gajapati King cleanses the road before the chariots with a gold-handled broom and sprinkles sandalwood water and powder with utmost devotion. As per the custom, although the Gajapati King has been considered the most exalted person in the Kalingan kingdom, he still renders the menial service to Jagannath. This ritual signified that under the lordship of Jagannath, there is no distinction between the powerful sovereign Gajapati King and the most humble devotee.
CHADAN YATRA
In Akshaya Tritiya every year the Chandan Yatra festival marks the commencement of the construction of the Chariots of the Rath Yatra. It also marks the celebration of the Hindu new year.
SNANA YATRA
On the Purnima day in the month of Jyestha (June) the triad images of the Jagannath temple are ceremonially bathed and decorated every year on the occasion of Snana Yatra. Water for the bath is taken in 108 pots from the Suna kuan (meaning: "golden well") located near the northern gate of the temple. Water is drawn from this well only once in a year for the sole purpose of this religious bath of the deities. After the bath the triad images are dressed in the fashion of the elephant god, Ganesha. Later during the night the original triad images are taken out in a procession back to the main temple but kept at a place known as Anasara pindi. After this the Jhulana Yatra is when proxy images of the deities are taken out in a grand procession for 21 days, cruised over boats in the Narmada tank.
ANAVASARA OR ANASARA
Anasara literally means vacation. Every year, the triad images without the Sudarshan after the holy Snana Yatra are taken to a secret altar named Anavasara Ghar Palso known as "Anasara pindi} where they remain for the next dark fortnight (Krishna paksha). Hence devotees are not allowed to view them. Instead of this devotees go to nearby place Brahmagiri to see their beloved lord in the form of four handed form Alarnath a form of Vishnu. Then people get the first glimpse of lord on the day before Rath Yatra, which is called Navayouvana. It is said that the gods suffer from fever after taking ritual detailed bath and they are treated by the special servants named, Daitapatis for 15 days. Daitapatis perform special niti (rite) known as Netrotchhaba (a rite of painting the eyes of the triad). During this period cooked food is not offered to the deities.
NAVA KALEVARA
One of the most grandiloquent events associated with the Lord Jagannath, Naba Kalabera takes place when one lunar month of Ashadha is followed by another lunar month of Aashadha, called Adhika Masa (extra month). This can take place in 8, 12 or even 18 years. Literally meaning the "New Body" (Nava = New, Kalevar = Body), the festival is witnessed by as millions of people and the budget for this event exceeds $500,000. The event involves installation of new images in the temple and burial of the old ones in the temple premises at Koili Vaikuntha. The idols that were worshipped in the temple, installed in the year 1996, were replaced by specially made new images made of neem wood during Nabakalebara 2015 ceremony held during July 2015. More than 3 million devotees were expected to visit the temple during the Nabakalebara 2015 held in July.
SUNA BESHA
Suna Bhesha also known as Raja or Rajadhiraja bhesha or Raja Bhesha, is an event when the triad images of the Jagannath Temple are adorned with gold jewelry. This event is observed 5 times during a year. It is commonly observed on Magha Purnima (January), Bahuda Ekadashi also known as Asadha Ekadashi (July), Dashahara (Vijyadashami) (October), Karthik Purnima (November), and Pousa Purnima (December). While one such Suna Bhesha event is observed on Bahuda Ekadashi during the Rath Yatra on the chariots placed at the lion's gate or the Singhdwar; the other four Bheshas' are observed inside the temple on the Ratna Singhasana (gem studded altar). On this occasion gold plates are decorated over the hands and feet of Jagannath and Balabhadra; Jagannath is also adorned with a Chakra (disc) made of gold on the right hand while a silver conch adorns the left hand. However, Balabhadra is decorated with a plough made of gold on the left hand while a golden mace adorns his right hand.
NILADRI BIJE
Celebrated on Asadha Trayodashi. It marks the end of the 12 days Ratha yatra. The large wooden images of the triad of gods are moved from the chariots and then carried to the sanctum sanctorum, swaying rhythmically, a ritual which is known as pahandi.
SAHI YATRA
Considered the world's biggest open-air theatre, the Sahi yatra is an 11 day long traditional cultural theatre festival or folk drama which begins on Ram Navami and ending in Rama avishke (Sanskrit:anointing) every year. The festival includes plays depicting various scenes from the Ramayan. The residents of various localities or Sahis are entrusted the task of performing the drama at the street corners.
TRANSPORT
Earlier when roads did not exist people walked or travelled by animal drawn vehicles or carriages along beaten tracks. Up to Calcutta travel was by riverine craft along the Ganges and then by foot or carriages to Puri. It was only during the Maratha rule that the popular Jagannath Sadak (Road) was built around 1790. The East India Company laid the rail track from Calcutta to Puri which became operational in 1898. Puri is now well connected by rail, road and air services. A broad gauge railway line of the South Eastern Railways connects with Puri and Khurda is an important Railway junction. By rail it is about 499 kilometres away from Calcutta and 468 kilometres from Vishakhapatnam. Road network includes NH 203 that links the town with Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha which is about 60 kilometres away. NH 203 B connects the town with Satapada via Brahmagiri. Marine drive which is part of NH 203 A connects Puri with Konark. The nearest airport is at Bhubaneswar, about 60 kilometres away from Puri. Puri railway station is among the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railways.
ARTS AND CRAFTS
SAND ART
Sand art is a special art form that is created on the beaches of the sea coast of Puri. The art form is attributed to Balaram Das, a poet who lived in the 14th century. He started crafting the sand art forms of the triad deities of the Jagannath Temple at the Puri beach. Now sculptures in sand of various gods and famous people are created by amateur artists which are temporal in nature as they get washed away by waves. This is an art form which has gained international fame in recent years. One of the well known sand artist is Sudarshan Patnaik. He has established the Golden Sand Art Institute in 1995 at the beach to provide training to students interested in this art form.
APPLIQUE ART
Applique art work, which is a stitching based craft, unlike embroidery, which was pioneered by the Hatta Maharana of Pipili is widely used in Puri, both for decoration of the deities but also for sale. His family members are employed as darjis or tailors or sebaks by the Maharaja of Puri who prepare articles for decorating the deities in the temple for various festivals and religious ceremonies. These applique works are brightly coloured and patterned fabric in the form of canopies, umbrellas, drapery, carry bags, flags, coberings of dummy horses and cows, and other household textiles which are marketed in Puri. The cloth used are in dark colours of red, black, yellow, green, blue and turquoise blue.
CULTURE
Cultural activities, apart from religiuos festivals, held annually are: The Puri Beach Festival held between 5 and 9 November and the Shreeksherta Utsav held from 20 December to 2 January where cultural programmes include unique sand art, display of local and traditional handicrafts and food festival. In addition cultural programmes are held every Saturday for two hours on in second Saturday of the moth at the district Collector's Conference Hall near Sea Beach Polic Station. Apart from Odissi dance, Odiya music, folk dances, and cultural programmes are part of this event. Odishi dance is the cultural heritage of Puri. This dance form originated in Puri in the dances performed Devadasis (Maharis) attached to the Jagannath temple who performed dances in the Natamantapa of the temple to please the deities. Though the devadadsi practice has been discontinued, the dance form has become modern and classical and is widely popular, and many of the Odishi virtuoso artists and gurus (teachers) are from Puri.
EDUCATION
SOME OF THE EDUCATIONNAL INSTITUTIONS IN PURI
- Ghanashyama Hemalata Institute of Technology and Management
- Gangadhar Mohapatra Law College, established in 1981[84]
- Extension Unit of Regional Research Institute of Homoeopathy; Puri under Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH), New Delhi established in March 2006
- Sri Jagannath Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, established in July 1981
- The Industrial Training Institute, a Premier Technical Institution to provide education in skilled, committed & talented technicians, established in 1966 of the Government of India
PURI PEOPLE
Gopabandhu Das
Acharya Harihar
Nilakantha Das
Kelucharan Mohapatra
Pankaj Charan Das
Manasi Pradhan
Raghunath Mohapatra
Sudarshan Patnaik
Biswanath Sahinayak
Rituraj Mohanty
WIKIPEDIA
After pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding, many women are dissatisfied with its effects, including the development of loose skin. A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that can help, including a breast lift, breast augmentation, and tummy tuck.
Read our infographic below to find out more at www.mdinstituteplasticsurgery.com/can-a-mommy-makeover-he...
A BRIEF LIFE OF JOHN WILLIAMS
BARON WILLIAMS OF THAME
FOUNDER OF LORD WILLIAMS’S SCHOOL
THAME
1559
Sometime between 1500 and 1503 John Williams was born in Burghfield, Berkshire. His father came from Glamorgan and was distantly related to Thomas Cromwell who became the most powerful of Henry VIII’s ministers in the 1530s. We can only surmise that this relationship enabled John to come to Court as a servant to Cardinal Wolsey, the earliest of Henry’s chosen ministers and incidentally, the builder of Hampton Court Palace and the founder of Christ Church, Oxford. Contacts made at Court led John to marry a rich widow, originally from Thame, in July 1524. Not long afterwards he purchased Rycote which he transformed into a magnificent house and the family seat. The house has since been destroyed but Rycote Chapel, now in the care of The National Trust, survives.
By his marriage, John fathered three sons, all of whom died without heirs before their father, and two daughters who survived him but could not carry on his name or title.
At the age of 26 John gained his first official office at Court and a little later, he became Keeper of the King’s Greyhound – a symbolic post which brought him status and 20 marks or £13.33, a handsome stipend in those days. It is of significance that a pair of greyhounds formed the supporters to John’s coat of arms which survives on the Lord Williams’s School crest. He next became Master of the King’s Jewels, responsible for buying, selling, storing, cleaning and supplying them as the King required. He soon became a Justice of the Peace for the city of Oxford and for the counties of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire which bestowed on him great status and influence in the region.
At that time he was supervising the closure of hundreds of monasteries in a swathe of England, from East Anglia across to Winchester. Rewards came in October 1537 when he was invited to be present at the baptism of Henry’s only legitimate son, Prince Edward, and later that month he was knighted by the King.
On 3 January 1540 Sir John is recorded as walking in a procession to Blackheath to celebrate the first meeting of Henry and his fourth wife, Anne, Princess of Cleves. The actual marriage occurred on 6 January, but Anne did not please the King (he called her “a Flanders mare”). Henry blamed Thomas Cromwell for organising the marriage and because the latter was already falling out of favour with the King he paid for his mistake with his head.
With the fall of Cromwell, Sir John must have feared for his position at Court, but he was certainly reassured when, in August 1540 the Privy Council, the effective governing body of the realm under the king, met at Rycote. Then Sir John was elected to the 1541 Parliament by the “shout” of other men of property in the county, as one of the two members for Oxfordshire.
By 1542 Sir John was accepting grants of land from the Crown and accumulating huge profits for himself from the sale of monastic property. This was an acceptable form of payment for services to the Crown in those days, provided the profits were not such as to attract attention. In 1544 he exchanged the office of Master of the King’s Jewels for that of Treasurer of the Court of Augmentations, with a salary of £320 a year (x 500, to get an idea of today’s value). This Court collected all the revenues from the rent and sale of lands and property of the 800 or so monastic houses taken over by Act of Parliament and surrender between 1536 and 1540. The revenues which came to the Crown enabled Henry to be more independent of Parliament for financial grants and to conduct an expensive war with France, during which Sir John was listed as the Captain of 12 archers and 40 armed men in “The King’s battle against the army of France”.
In 1549 religious changes and inflation had created such discontent that there were rebellions over much of the southern half of England. Sir John savagely put down riots in Oxfordshire and was thus perhaps responsible for preventing an arc of opposition forming from East Anglia to the West Country, which would have cut off London and left it open to a rebel attack. It is at this time that we get a glimpse of the extent to which Sir John was hated by the local rebels. The people of Thame resented the destruction of their traditional church ceremonies and ornaments with which Sir John was associated and they had seen how he personally supervised the closure of the religious houses at Thame, Notley and Studley. Their hatred of all the changes finally expressed itself in riots and rebellion. Sir John had already fenced in confiscated common land for his own purposes – hunting and sheep farming – and so the rebels “arose in great numbers and with great anger towards Sir John Williams, tore down the fences of Thame Park and killed all the deer. They then went to Rycote and killed all his deer there, drank their fill of ale, wine and beer, slaughtered and ate some sheep before moving on elsewhere”. Two hundred rebels were eventually taken prisoner, and those perceived as leaders were selected for public execution by hanging. Two rebel leaders, one of whom came from Great Haseley, within a short distance of Rycote, were selected for hanging in Thame itself. In August 1549 when order had been restored, Sir John wrote to the Privy Council reporting that some of the “Catholic” rebels had been hanged, “and their heads fastened to the walls” as an example to others.
Even though Sir John defended the central government against the rebels to preserve the social order; he was no doubt most concerned about the damage done to his own property by the rebels. He probably blamed the Duke of Somerset, Lord Protector of the Realm and uncle to the 11-year-old King Edward VI, who was accused of encouraging the hopes of the discontented and then not taking firm enough measures to stamp out signs of rebellion.
It is not therefore surprising that in October 1549 Sir John rode from London to Windsor with a small company of armed men to arrest Protector Somerset, remove him from the King’s presence and conduct him to the Tower of London where he was to be executed, but not before he had formally transferred back to Sir John, the Manor of Thame which Somerset had recently confiscated.
However, in October 1551 Williams was himself arrested for having paid out pensions from Augmentations to former monks without having first obtained the Council’s permission, at a time when the Treasury was nearly empty! In April 1552 he was sent to the Fleet Prison but was soon given permission to receive members of his family and he was released in June. Nevertheless, the episode was a warning to Williams by Somerset’s successor, the Duke of Northumberland, not to overstep his authority. The Duke also wanted to curry favour with the populace as Edward’s health deteriorated and the prospect of putting his daughter-in-law, Lady Jane Grey, on the throne came closer.
When Edward died and Northumberland proclaimed the 16-year-old Jane, Queen, (for 9 days only), Sir John sent 6,000 troops to support Queen Mary’s legitimate claim. He must have decided that it was more in his interest to desert Northumberland and join Catholic Mary, even though she might have been harbouring a grudge against him for having closed so many monasteries. Fortunately for Sir John, his gamble paid off and Mary was to create him Baron Williams of Thame in 1554 when she made him Lord Chamberlain of the Household of Prince Philip (later Philip II) of Spain, who arrived in England to marry the Queen that year.
Lord Williams was now obliged to respond to the favour shown him by the Queen when, as High Steward of Oxford, he arranged for the public execution by burning of Bishops Ridley and Latimer in October 1555 and of ex-Archbishop Cranmer, the author of the Book of Common Prayer, five months later. Today a cross in the road just outside the gates of Balliol College marks the place where the bishops were burnt.
Although Lord Williams first ingratiated himself with Princess Elizabeth in 1553 the relationship developed in May 1554 when he played host to her at Rycote, as she travelled, a prisoner, to Woodstock on the Queen’s orders, and again when she returned to London, nearly a year later.
When Queen Mary died in 1558 Lord Williams was one of 32 favoured Lords who accompanied the newly acclaimed Queen Elizabeth from Hatfield to London. She quickly showed her gratitude to him by appointing him as Lord President of the Council of Wales and the Marches, but he was only in residence at Ludlow Castle for 4 months before he died on 14 October 1559. He was buried by the side of his first wife in Thame Church on 15 November 1559.
Williams made his will on 8 March 1559 when he was already ill, bequeathing most of his property to his second wife and his two daughters, but leaving funds to provide for the building and maintenance of a free Grammar School for boys at Thame and for the endowment of the row of almshouses situated opposite the original school building and near the entrance to the churchyard.
(Source: A Life of Lord Williams. Michael Beech)
Augmentation mammoplasty or breast augmentation is a procedure designed to increase the size of the breasts for more enhanced body contour. It is an ideal option for women who desire to achieve a pleasing breast profile by increasing breast size and symmetry. The procedure can be useful to achieve the fullness of the breasts and restore the lost volume after pregnancy and breast-feeding. To get the best results from Breast Reduction in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, one can take the treatment from an expert plastic surgeon, Dr. Parag Telang, who has years of experience in performing advanced cosmetic procedures.
For more details: Plastic Surgery in Dubai
Disclaimer:- Content and images on this post are for information purposes only.
Beverly Friedlander MD has a special interest in enhancement - enlargement and as a woman she is uniquely qualified to understand your concerns. Some of you are looking to have natural appearing breast augmentation new jersey that bring your body into balance and restore your breasts to a more youthful appearance. The resulting outcome provides not only an enhanced physical appearance, but also improved self esteem and inner confidence.
Website : - www.doctorbev.com/
Address : - 636 Morris Turnpike, Short Hills, NJ 07078 USA
Call Us : - 973-912-9120
Dr. Bruce K. Smith, M.D. is proud to introduce the very latest in breast augmentation houston, Texas. This revolutionary new procedure is extremely safe and leaves virtually no scars.
Website : - www.smithplasticsurgery.com/
Address : - 1315 St Joseph Pkwy #940, Houston, TX 77002 USA
Call Us : - 713-659-2700
Left: picture taken by LORRI camera aboard New Horizons spacecraft from a distance of 17,300,000 km to Pluto, on 29 June 2015 at 23h07 UTC.
This picture is the result of the following process: stack of five pictures, enlargement by a factor of 2.5 and wavelet sharpening. Be aware that some details may result from the sharpening step and thus be artificial.
Right: simulation of the position of Pluto and Charon obtained with PDS Rings Node.
Credits: NASA/JHU-APL/SwRI/PDS Rings Node/Thomas Appéré
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gauche : image obtenue par la caméra LORRI à bord de la sonde New Horizons à une distance de 17 300 000 km de Pluton, le 29 juin 2015 à 23h07 UTC.
Cette image est le résultat du processus suivant : moyenne de cinq images, agrandissement d'un facteur de 2,5 et amélioration de la netteté par la méthode des ondelettes. Attention : certains détails peuvent être artificiels et résulter de l'étape d'augmentation de la netteté.
Droite : simulation de la position de Pluton et Charon obtenue avec le PDS Rings Node.
Crédits : NASA/JHU-APL/SwRI/PDS Rings Node/Thomas Appéré
Recently, 28 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army or KATUSAs celebrated an end to their 2 years of military service during an ETS ceremony here at the post theater.
Their KATUSA service began Sept. 22, 2007 when they entered the Republic of Korea Army and completed the KATUSA Training Academy as KTA Class of 07-10.
Many KATUSAs around Area III, along with the U.S. and ROK Army Officers and NCOs, attended the ceremony showing appreciation for their exemplary work ethics and efforts, and to congratulate them on their departure from the Army and their journey back to society.
U.S. Army photos by Pvt. Joon Woo Baek
For more information on U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys and living and working in Korea visit: USAG-Humphreys' official web site or check out our online videos.
Reza Nabavian MD - Plastic Surgeon Offers Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of a woman's breast. breast augmentation santa monica can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but it won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal, or cause other people to treat you differently.
Website : - www.nabavian.com/
Address : - 2001 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 1180, Santa Monica, CA 90404 USA
Call Us : - 310-829-5550
Recently, 28 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army or KATUSAs celebrated an end to their 2 years of military service during an ETS ceremony here at the post theater.
Their KATUSA service began Sept. 22, 2007 when they entered the Republic of Korea Army and completed the KATUSA Training Academy as KTA Class of 07-10.
Many KATUSAs around Area III, along with the U.S. and ROK Army Officers and NCOs, attended the ceremony showing appreciation for their exemplary work ethics and efforts, and to congratulate them on their departure from the Army and their journey back to society.
U.S. Army photos by Pvt. Joon Woo Baek
For more information on U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys and living and working in Korea visit: USAG-Humphreys' official web site or check out our online videos.
I was supposed to start making this lady's new arms and legs, but instead of doing something productive like that, I tried to salvage a old head rough that was lying around.
I'm actually pleased with the left side of her face, which I completed fairly quickly, but after that I met my natural enemy, symmetry >__>
So I had to work hard for the rest of the week in order to bring her facial asymmetry to manageable levels (and failed orz... I find it's pretty obvious up close >__>)
I did find some time to start working on her breasts (I made them a bit bigger and lower set) and shoulders (I made them a little bit broader, or else arms wouldn't fit correctly on the body)
Family members, loved ones and friends await the return of Soldiers from the 849th Mobile Augmentation Company after an 11-month deployment to Afghanistan. The Soldiers were reunited with their families after their final formation in front of a packed Litchfield Civic Center crowd on June 3, 2014.
Having a tummy tuck in Beverly Hills is exactly what you need if you're tired of having a loose, flabby belly.
Warangal; (also known as Orugallu and Ekasila Nagaram) is a city and the district headquarters of Warangal district in the Indian state of Telangana. It is located 148 kilometres northeast of the state capital of Hyderabad and for administrative purposes comprises the Warangal, Hanmakonda and Kazipet areas.
The city is known for its heritage and in late 2014 was included in the Government of India's proposed HRIDAY - Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana, along with eleven other Indian cities. A few months earlier, the national government listed it among the 100 proposed smart cities that will be eligible for additional investment to improve urban infrastructure and industrial opportunities.
Warangal is the second-fastest growing city in Telangana state, after Hyderabad. After taking control of 42 gram panchayats, its population has exceeded 1 million and this growth, plus its historical significance, caused the government to authorise the prefer Greater to the name of Warangal Municipal Corporation in early 2015.
Warangal has been chosen as one of the heritage cities for HRIDAY - Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana scheme of Government of India.
ETYMOLOGY
"Oru" in Tamil means 'single' and "Kal" in Tamil is referred as a 'stone'. There is no Telugu equivalent to Oru and Kal. The word "Orugallu" synonyms, one rock, which describes the city was carved out of a single large stone. The word "Ekashilanagaram" is other way of describing the name Orugallu which literally means same as "City Carved Out of Single Stone", used very commonly in the period of kakatiyan empire. As the time went on, orugallu was changed to "Warangallu" and finally settled as Warangal.
HISTORY
Warangal, then known as Oragullu, was the capital of the Kakatiya dynasty from 1195 CE until that ruling family was defeated by the Delhi Sultanate in 1323. The city was then renamed as Sultanpur.
The Kakatiyas left many monuments, including an impressive fortress, four massive stone gateways, the Swayambhu temple dedicated to Shiva, and the Ramappa temple situated near Ramappa Lake. The cultural and administrative distinction of the Kakatiyas was mentioned by Marco Polo. After the defeat of Prataparudra II, the Musunuri Nayaks united 72 Nayak chieftains and captured Warangal from Delhi Sultanate and ruled for fifty years. After the demise of the Nayaks, Warangal was part of the Bahmani Sultanate and then the Sultanate of Golconda.
The Mughal emperor Aurangzeb conquered Golconda in 1687, and it remained part of the Mughal empire until the southern provinces of the empire split away to become the state of Hyderabad in 1724, which included the Telangana region and some parts of Maharashtra and Karnataka. Hyderabad was annexed to India in 1948, and became an Indian state. In 1956 Hyderabad was partitioned as part of the States Reorganization Act, and Telangana, the Telugu-speaking region of Hyderabad state, which includes Warangal, became part of Andhra Pradesh.
GEOGRAPHY
Warangal is located at 18.0°N 79.58°E. It has an average elevation of 302 metres.
It is settled in the eastern part of Deccan Plateau made up of granite rocks and hill formations which left the region barren making the cultivation depend on seasonal rainfalls. There are no river flows nearby warangal, which makes it to rely on Kakatiya Canal which originates from Sriram Sagar Project to meet the drinking water requirements. Located in the semi-arid region of Telangana, Warangal has a predominantly hot and dry climate. Summer starts in March, and peak in May with average high temperatures in the 42 °C range. The monsoon arrives in June and lasts until September with about 550 mm of precipitation. A dry, mild winter starts in October and lasts until early February, when there is little humidity and average temperatures in the 22–23 °C range. Many hill rocks and lakes are settled around warangal. Padmakshi hill and Govinda Rajula Gutta are two famous hills with temples. Bhadrakali and Waddepally are the two famous lakes which adds scenic beauty and also are the major sources of drinking water.
WIKIPEDIA
The Center for Aesthetics is run by board-certified plastic surgeons specializing in breast augmentation, breast reconstruction, CoolSculpting®, and Ultherapy in Idaho Falls. The Center For Aesthetics serve patients from areas including Salt Lake City and Ogden, Utah; Jackson Hole, Wyoming; and throughout Idaho and Montana
Chin augmentation using surgical implants can alter the underlying structure of the face, providing better balance to the facial features. Chin implants can result in significant confidence and facial balance. ow.ly/4wPu30fU2pD
Recently, 28 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army or KATUSAs celebrated an end to their 2 years of military service during an ETS ceremony here at the post theater.
Their KATUSA service began Sept. 22, 2007 when they entered the Republic of Korea Army and completed the KATUSA Training Academy as KTA Class of 07-10.
Many KATUSAs around Area III, along with the U.S. and ROK Army Officers and NCOs, attended the ceremony showing appreciation for their exemplary work ethics and efforts, and to congratulate them on their departure from the Army and their journey back to society.
U.S. Army photos by Pvt. Joon Woo Baek
For more information on U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys and living and working in Korea visit: USAG-Humphreys' official web site or check out our online videos.
Demonstrators faced several skirmishes with Police as seventeen are arrested outside Downing street following the newly elected Tory Government.
@AugmentationPic
The 4th Aerial Reconnaissance Battalion (Attack), 2nd Aviation Regiment holds a change of command ceremony, May 12, 2014 on Camp Humphreys. Lt. Col. John Hopkins and his family were recognized for their outstanding leadership and commitment to the battalion and Camp Humphreys community. Incoming commander, Lt. Col. Linn Desaulniers and his wife Julie were welcomed into the Death Dealer Nation family. Welcome to the CAB, Talons!
U.S. Army Reserve Soldiers from the 391st Mobile Augmentation Company (MAC), Boise, Idaho, build a “frag fence,” used to mark the placement of a mine field, during their rotation at the National Training Center (NTC), Fort Irwin, California, January 23, 2019. The 391st took part in the third rotation of NTC for 2019, a training exercise that occurs 11 times per year over the course of 14 days (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. 1st Class Jason Proseus/416th Theater Engineer Command).
Recently, 28 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army or KATUSAs celebrated an end to their 2 years of military service during an ETS ceremony here at the post theater.
Their KATUSA service began Sept. 22, 2007 when they entered the Republic of Korea Army and completed the KATUSA Training Academy as KTA Class of 07-10.
Many KATUSAs around Area III, along with the U.S. and ROK Army Officers and NCOs, attended the ceremony showing appreciation for their exemplary work ethics and efforts, and to congratulate them on their departure from the Army and their journey back to society.
U.S. Army photos by Pvt. Joon Woo Baek
For more information on U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys and living and working in Korea visit: USAG-Humphreys' official web site or check out our online videos.
The 59th Mobility Augmentation Company engineers clear small villages of improvised explosive devices for Cross Functional Team Warrior, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, in Ghazni province, Afghanistan, April 6, 2013.
First Platoon, 849th Mobility Augmentation Company, a National Guard unit from Litchfield, Minn., receives their mission brief before helping the Afghan National Security Forces to clear a route to a presidential election polling site in the vicinity of FOB Frontenac.
CAMP RED CLOUD, South Korea – More than 50 Korean Augmentation to the United States Army Soldiers from 2nd Infantry Division successfully finished their 21 months of military service September 23, 2014 on Camp Red Cloud, South Korea. Out of those, 14 Soldiers were from 210th Field Artillery Brigade, 2nd Inf. Div. Lt. Col. Michael Kimball, the commander of 1st Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 210th FA Bde., was present as the guest speaker for the ceremony. (U.S. Army photo by Cpl. Song Gun-woo, 210th Field Artillery Brigade Public Affairs/Released)