View allAll Photos Tagged Trinity,
Call number: MSS 05044
Title: Trinity St. Toronto.
Date: [1854-1856]
Location: Trinity Street
Description: Drawing of the interior of a house on Trinity with a female figure serving a beverage
Format: Drawing
Rights info: No known restrictions on access
Repository: Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada, M5S 1A5, fisher.library.utoronto.ca
Trinity Bridge (Russian: Тро́ицкий мост) is the beam bridge across Neva in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It connects Kamennoostrovsky Prospect with Suvorovskaya Square. It was built as the third permanent bridge across the Neva between 1897 and 1903 by the French firm "Batignolles". It is 582 meters long and 23.6 meters wide. Former names of the bridge are Equality Bridge (Russian: мост Ра́венства, 1918-1934), and Kirovsky Bridge (Russian: Ки́ровский мост, 1934-1999).
Corner Broadway and Zuccotti park.
Leica M9 Elamarit 21mm Asph.
*** Press L or left-click to view on black ***
Die Dreifaltigkeitssäule am Hauptplatz in Linz, Oberösterreich. Und ja, man macht tatsächlich mehr vertikale Fotos wenn man einen Batteriegriff an der Kamera hat.
The Trinity Column on the main square in Linz, Upper Austria. And yes, you do make more verticals when you use a battery grip on your camera.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lens: Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS
Focal Length: 110mm
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/160 sec at f / 5.0
Exposure Bias: 1 2/3 EV
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Nutzungbedingungen für dieses Bild / Terms of use for this picture
23rd April 2016 marks the 25th anniversary of the opening of the West Orchards Shopping Centre [is it actually 'West Orchard' ?]. Link here: www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/happy-birthd...
The dome of which can be seen here in the top left corner.
Dennis Trident/ALX400 4216 heads up Trinity St (viewed from New Buildings). The Alexander ALX400 body is starting to look rather dated now. The first batch of Tridents (No's 4125-4224) started to enter service 15 years ago this month - with hundreds more new ADL buses due - one assumes inroads will start to be made into this batch, if not this year, almost certainly the next.
2 week Educational Program at Cape Eleuthera Institute and The Island School. Cape Eleuthera, The Bahamas.
Established in 1869, the congregation of Trinity Lutheran Church has worshiped in two buildings. The first was erected on East Franklin Street. The present structure was built in 1909 on Potomac Street. Built in Gothic Revival style, Trinity Church features a vaulted ceiling and large stained glass windows depicting sections of the Apostles Creed and a large Te Deum window in the gallery. A tall reredos is centered in the chancel, hand crafted for the church in 1965. The church's pipe organ was built in 1996 by the Schantz Organ Company. A large baptismal font, complete with an angel holding the bowl of the font is carved of Carrara marble from Italy.
Trinity Worship Center is at the intersection of Ballance Farm Road and Shaw Mill Road in the Horse Neck community just outside of St. Paul's, North Carolina in Robeson County.
James Cook visited Trinity Inlet in 1770 and named it. But the town started much later as a frontier town to support the ongoing gold rush in the area in 1876. The main access into the surrounding area was via the Barron River up to the Atherton tablelands. The main reason for Cairns being established was that it had a sheltered port and a relatively flat hinterland.
It was named after QLD’s third Governor, Sir William Cairns. Cairns only looked like becoming a permanent town when it was chosen as the starting point for a railway line to the Atherton Tablelands, taking up workers and supplies and bringing back tin, gold and timber. The Cairns to Herberton railway began in 1886, only reaching the future site of Kuranda in 1891. (The railway reached Mareeba in 1893.) Today the railway up to Kuranda is a tourist attraction in its own right as it was a feat of engineering to get a rail line up the steep mountains. The gold soon was exhausted but the rich volcanic soils of the Atherton Tablelands attracted farmers- dairy farmers, coffee growers, tobacco and fruit growers. Sugar cane farms were developed closer to Cairns and the fledgling town survived. Many of the first settlers and workers on the flats around Cairns were Chinese. As the railway pushed further westward the township of Cairns grew and prospered as the port facilities expanded. Gradually the large local Aboriginal population moved into an Anglican mission near Cairns. By 1900 the local Chinese population was producing rice, corn, bananas and pineapples. A local tramway went south of Cairns to Mulgrave and opened up those areas to the port of Cairns. By 1903 Cairns had a population of 3,500 people.
In the 20th century major changes have been the start of the hydroelectric power station on the Barron River Falls in 1936 and the introduction of cane toads about the same time! The new power supply began the industrial development of the Cairns region. Earlier the arrival of a rail line from Brisbane finally linked the city with its southern counterparts in 1924. This happened one year after Cairns became a city. But the big growth came with World War Two when the American and Australian fleets and troops were based in the city because of its proximity to the South Pacific war arena. To combat the disastrous effects of cyclones the major historical structures of the city that have survived were all built solidly in concrete. Look for: the School of Arts (Lake St and Shields St) we can visit the Cairns Historical Museum there for a $5 admission fee; and Cairns City Council Offices, the Court House, and the Catholic convent – all in Abbott Street. By the mid 1970s tourism became increasingly important to the city and the international airport opened in 1984 beginning an influx of overseas, especially Japanese tourists.
At 146 yards in length and as part of a public footpath, you wouldn't expect Trinity Tunnel to be worth visiting but it surprisingly punches above it's weight. Along it's short length, you'll find many points of interest, such as stunning calcite displays, rusty cable hooks, orange mud and even a lining change in the middle of the bore. There's plenty to see down here if you take the time to look around as you're passing through. Then again, you could say that about any public footpaths but since my interests lie in tunnels, I'll promote paying extra attention to the details when you're underground.
Due to the tunnel's short length and big, open portals, it'd benefit from a night session so that there's not a massive area of blow-out in the middle of the frame. If anyone wants to join me for such an experience, let me know. It's easy to lose sight of why this tunnel exists in the first place so here's a link to a brilliant, old photo of the tunnel when the railway still passed through. Now that I've covered Colinton, Rodney Street, Trinity and St. Leonards (I did that one a few years ago), I'll need to find a way into Coburg Street and Scotland Street tunnels to finish the set. Maybe one day...
The cabin has three rooms. Living room, kitchen and this bedroom with a queen sized bed.
Big Trinity Guard Station. Boise National Forest, Idaho.
Sunrise as seen from my Ascend H12 kayak while on Champion Lake in the Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge, Texas, USA.
At the centre of Hull Old Town lies Holy Trinity Church. The city's main civic church and England's largest parish church by area was originally just a chapel of ease to All Saints Church in Hessle when it was begun. One of the first parts to be built, the transepts, were constructed largely out of brick, one of the earliest medieval structures to use this building material, lost since the days of the Romans. Building then continued in stages for over two hundred years, finishing with the completion of the tower in 1520. Internally, the church benefits from an abundance of light as well as a range of wonderful features from across the ages; from the 14th century marble font through to later periods such as Thomas Earle's memorial carvings, the grotesque creatures on the Victorian pew ends and up to the recent installation of a memorial stained glass to lost trawlermen. The church also houses England's largest parish church organ with around 4000 pipes.
Hartford, CT, United States -- Trinity College in Hartford, CT on Thursday, December 2, 2021. (Photo by Yoon S. Byun) athletics
Made by Steve Tobin.
Trinity Root is a bronze casting inspired by the remaining stump and root of a 70-year-old sycamore (wilde vijgeboom) tree that shielded St. Paul's Chapel against falling debris during the collapse of the Twin Towers in 2001. In 2005, the finished three-ton sculpture was hoisted by a crane into the courtyard of Trinity Church. You can walk through the sprawling root branches which are 20 feet long, 15 feet wide, and 12.5 feet tall.
Torbryan Church (Holy Trinity), Devon, 10 March 2017. 15th Century Perpendicular (1450-70). Pictured is the nave, Beer stone arcades, 1861 barrel roof (replicating the original), 18th Century box pews (enclosing 15th Century benches) and 1470-80 rood screen. Note there is no chancel arch.
History
Here at Trinity Cathedral, we are looking ahead into 2008, when we will be celebrating the 250th anniversary of Anglican worship in Pittsburgh. This year of celebration will focus on helping the diocese, the wider ecumenical community, and the city and region observe what twenty-five decades of Anglican, Protestant and Christian witness have meant to the region “as famous for God as for steel.”
Following is a brief outline of Trinity’s splendid past - for more information, please schedule a tour with one of our trained guides - contact office@trinitycathedralpgh.org
October 1787 — Land given by heirs of William Penn. Recorded in Westmoreland County, the ground was originally used by Native Americans, the French at Fort Duquesne, and British at Fort Pitt, as a burial ground. Three lots were included in deeds to the Episcopal and Presbyterian churches, including a burying ground (1.5 lots given to each group). There were originally 4,000 graves, and over 2,000 have been identified. Although the deed does not name Trinity, the trustees chosen to receive the land were the ones who were active in the creation of Trinity. John Ormsby, one of the trustees, had been recorded as a lay reader at Fort Pitt as early as 1762.
1805 — Charter given for Trinity. Until this point, although they owned the present land, they had been meeting in homes and on the second floor of the courthouse on Market Square. They had procured the services of The Rev. John Taylor as the first rector (who was also a founder of the University of Pittsburgh), and bought a triangular piece of land on Sixth Ave. and Liberty (now the site of the Wood Street subway station). The first church was octagonal and was known as “The Round Church.” Trinity soon became the center for development of parishes in the area.
1825 — The congregation had outgrown its current facilities, and the rector, The Rev. John Henry Hopkins (who was a lawyer, architect, and priest), designed a Gothic structure to be erected on the site of the present church. It was brick, covered with stucco to look like stone. There was a long chancel with galleries on both sides. A spire was built with a clock, for which subscriptions were collected from the public. Bishop William White, the first Bishop of Pennsylvania, consecrated the new Trinity Church in 1825.
1865 — The creation of the Diocese of Pittsburgh with The Rt. Rev. John Kerfoot as the first Bishop. It then included all of western Pennsylvania. In 1910, the Diocese of Erie was formed with the northwestern churches. The Bishop’s chair is carved in oak, with the seal of the Diocese of Pittsburgh in needlepoint on the cushion.
1869 — It appears that Trinity was too small for the congregations, and a new church was planned.
1872 — Completion of the new church, a stone building with spire and clock, built in the architectural style called English Gothic. The spire is 200 feet tall. Columns and piers of arches are all made of red Massillon sandstone. Interior wood is white butternut or walnut. The original church pews, of hand-carved white mahogony, are still in use. Floors are of Minton’s Encaustic tiles. The chancel ceiling is ultra-marine blue, decorated in gold. The chancel is panelled with richly carved wood.
1922 — The marble pulpit was exquisitely carved with figures of the four Evangelists interspersed with early rectors of Trinity.
1927 — Trinity Church became Trinity Cathedral. A new charter was issued, and, as a Cathedral, changes were made in the governing of the church from that of a parish church. A Cathedral is under a corporation, made up of lay and clergy delegates, who control the property. A Cathedral Chapter is responsible for the government and administration of the affairs of the church. The Bishop is the President of the corporation, and the priest in charge of the Cathedral–known as a Dean–is the Vice President. The Dean appoints assistants, known as Canons.
Trinity’s charter requires that Morning and Evening Prayer be offered daily for all time to come. This has been done faithfully, even during the 1936 flood, the 1950 snowfall, and the fire of 1967. A noon service of Holy Communion is also offered daily.
1967 — A disastrous fire swept through the church. As a result, it was decided to modernize the church. The location of the altar was changed from under the three windows at the rear of the chancel, making a free-standing altar and placing the choir and the organ to the rear. New windows replaced the side ones destroyed by the fire. A 14-foot suspended cross, made of steel, glass, and aluminum (in honor of Pittsburgh’s major industries), was installed above the new altar.
1990 — The antiphonal organ A new four-manual console was built for Trinity’s organ, and in 1991, the West division was added to the instrument (dedicated to Canon Alfred Hamer).
2003 — The Flag Project The Cathedral, in partnership with the Diocese of Pittsburgh, began the display of many world flags. These flags are symbolic of the global mission to which all the Episcopal churches of Southwestern Pennsylvania are committed.
2006 — Burial Ground renovations will begin in the summer of 2006 with surveying and finalization of design plans, with the hope of beginning stone removal, demolition, and regrading by October.
History
Here at Trinity Cathedral, we are looking ahead into 2008, when we will be celebrating the 250th anniversary of Anglican worship in Pittsburgh. This year of celebration will focus on helping the diocese, the wider ecumenical community, and the city and region observe what twenty-five decades of Anglican, Protestant and Christian witness have meant to the region “as famous for God as for steel.”
Following is a brief outline of Trinity’s splendid past - for more information, please schedule a tour with one of our trained guides - contact office@trinitycathedralpgh.org
October 1787 — Land given by heirs of William Penn. Recorded in Westmoreland County, the ground was originally used by Native Americans, the French at Fort Duquesne, and British at Fort Pitt, as a burial ground. Three lots were included in deeds to the Episcopal and Presbyterian churches, including a burying ground (1.5 lots given to each group). There were originally 4,000 graves, and over 2,000 have been identified. Although the deed does not name Trinity, the trustees chosen to receive the land were the ones who were active in the creation of Trinity. John Ormsby, one of the trustees, had been recorded as a lay reader at Fort Pitt as early as 1762.
1805 — Charter given for Trinity. Until this point, although they owned the present land, they had been meeting in homes and on the second floor of the courthouse on Market Square. They had procured the services of The Rev. John Taylor as the first rector (who was also a founder of the University of Pittsburgh), and bought a triangular piece of land on Sixth Ave. and Liberty (now the site of the Wood Street subway station). The first church was octagonal and was known as “The Round Church.” Trinity soon became the center for development of parishes in the area.
1825 — The congregation had outgrown its current facilities, and the rector, The Rev. John Henry Hopkins (who was a lawyer, architect, and priest), designed a Gothic structure to be erected on the site of the present church. It was brick, covered with stucco to look like stone. There was a long chancel with galleries on both sides. A spire was built with a clock, for which subscriptions were collected from the public. Bishop William White, the first Bishop of Pennsylvania, consecrated the new Trinity Church in 1825.
1865 — The creation of the Diocese of Pittsburgh with The Rt. Rev. John Kerfoot as the first Bishop. It then included all of western Pennsylvania. In 1910, the Diocese of Erie was formed with the northwestern churches. The Bishop’s chair is carved in oak, with the seal of the Diocese of Pittsburgh in needlepoint on the cushion.
1869 — It appears that Trinity was too small for the congregations, and a new church was planned.
1872 — Completion of the new church, a stone building with spire and clock, built in the architectural style called English Gothic. The spire is 200 feet tall. Columns and piers of arches are all made of red Massillon sandstone. Interior wood is white butternut or walnut. The original church pews, of hand-carved white mahogony, are still in use. Floors are of Minton’s Encaustic tiles. The chancel ceiling is ultra-marine blue, decorated in gold. The chancel is panelled with richly carved wood.
1922 — The marble pulpit was exquisitely carved with figures of the four Evangelists interspersed with early rectors of Trinity.
1927 — Trinity Church became Trinity Cathedral. A new charter was issued, and, as a Cathedral, changes were made in the governing of the church from that of a parish church. A Cathedral is under a corporation, made up of lay and clergy delegates, who control the property. A Cathedral Chapter is responsible for the government and administration of the affairs of the church. The Bishop is the President of the corporation, and the priest in charge of the Cathedral–known as a Dean–is the Vice President. The Dean appoints assistants, known as Canons.
Trinity’s charter requires that Morning and Evening Prayer be offered daily for all time to come. This has been done faithfully, even during the 1936 flood, the 1950 snowfall, and the fire of 1967. A noon service of Holy Communion is also offered daily.
1967 — A disastrous fire swept through the church. As a result, it was decided to modernize the church. The location of the altar was changed from under the three windows at the rear of the chancel, making a free-standing altar and placing the choir and the organ to the rear. New windows replaced the side ones destroyed by the fire. A 14-foot suspended cross, made of steel, glass, and aluminum (in honor of Pittsburgh’s major industries), was installed above the new altar.
1990 — The antiphonal organ A new four-manual console was built for Trinity’s organ, and in 1991, the West division was added to the instrument (dedicated to Canon Alfred Hamer).
2003 — The Flag Project The Cathedral, in partnership with the Diocese of Pittsburgh, began the display of many world flags. These flags are symbolic of the global mission to which all the Episcopal churches of Southwestern Pennsylvania are committed.
2006 — Burial Ground renovations will begin in the summer of 2006 with surveying and finalization of design plans, with the hope of beginning stone removal, demolition, and regrading by October.
Trinity symbol on the backside of a Chasuble made of silkbrocade.
Designed and made by Annette Holmgren Krebs
Originally located in Tehuacana, Texas,Trinity University was opened by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in 1869 as a school of Law, and a school of Theology. It moved to Waxahachie in 1902.
The builder of the structure was William Rees, a Welchman who served as a stonemason apprentice in Liverpool, England for several years before immigrating to Tehuacana, Texas in 1872. In 1873, he began construction of the building seen in the picture. He did most of the stonecutting himself. He was known as an honest and humble man, and is buried in Tehuacana Cemetary.
The town of Tehuacana is located at one of the highest points between Houston and Dallas (661 feet), and the area was originally occupied by the Tehuacana Indians, a peaceful farming tribe, destroyed by the Cherokee in the 1830's.
The old Trinity University building has been bought by a private organization who is currently restoring the delapidating building, and hope to use it for weddings, conventions, etc.
Thanks to www.Tommy-Noker.deviantart.com for the texture.
Multirole stealth VTOL fighter.
An extremely high speed stealth aircraft developed by Trinity Aerospace Industries, capable of reaching speeds of Mach 10, given the right configurations. Since this craft is flying at an absurdly high speed, the gravitational forces exerted on the operator would be too much for him or her to handle.
To that end, most of the internal systems are dedicated to life support, limiting ammunition storage and increasing energy usage. Even so, regular pilots must undergo special treatments and procedures (as well as daily maintenance) prior to receiving special permission to use this aircraft.
Because of this, not many XF-01's were purchased, and of those purchased, not many have been sent out in the field, mainly because of the high costs and high risks involved in using the aircraft.
However, it did start to gain popularity, and a few years later, it has seen much use from UN-affiliated countries, and the USAF. It also holds the Guinness World Record for being the fastest aircraft in existence, formerly held by the SR-71 Blackbird.
The USAF and UN designated the XF-01 as the FA-51 Hummingbird, due to its sharp nose and rather sleek design, but Canadian owned XF-01 fighters were designated as the C-51 Pronghorn.
The radar spike on the front of the aircraft has a bad tendency of skewering birds while in flight. While it does not damage the aircraft that much, it does provide some wildlife-unfriendly operators with an after-mission snack with a roadkill twist.
(Will be considering to add an ADMM module and the Tactical Maser Array in a future edit.)
Text created via MS Paint.