View allAll Photos Tagged KMS
Gulaba is the gateway of Rohtang pass since years ! The distance from Gulaba to Rohtang Pass is mare 50 KMs ! Snow remains there all through the year ! When Rohtang pass remain closed (This is due to heavy snowfall, landslides & tough roads), Gulaba becoms the snow point for the tourists !
In this photo one can see the golden mountains around heavenly Gulaba while the canopy of cloud covers it beautifully ! Enjoy the serene beauty !
About Gulaba : Gulaba is known as the snow line. It is visual treat with snow clad mountains all around and beautiful hide and seek of sun and the cloud. When the Rotang pass is closed in winter season this is a good place to enjoy snow. Gulaba is a village 6 KM away from Rohtang pass. It is about 4,000 metres above the sea level. During the 6 months from November to May/June when Rohtang is inaccessible due to snow, all the skiing and winter sports are held at Gulaba. For those who want to enjoy the snow without skiing, the upper slopes at Gulaba are peaceful and steep enough just to go up and slide down. Solang valley is 4 km off the way to Gulaba. Gulaba is 4-5 kms from Kothi, Gulaba has snow almost all year.
Location : Gulaba, Manali, Himachal Pradsh.
Date : 18 th February, 2016.
Tarde noche fría, con la luna al 50% y medio nublado pero con muchísimas ganas de tirar una foto y con la cámara en el coche, pues no me pude resistir...
Tirada con Sony a7 ii (Full Frame) y con objetivo Tokina AT-X 11-20mm Pro (APS-C) pues si, si a alguien Le sirve de ayuda se puede hacer, este objetivo APS-C se puede usar en una Full Frame en los rangos de 16 a 20mm sin viñeteo y con buenos resultados.
Por supuesto he usado un adaptador de Canon a Sony E.
1:1250 scale model by Neptun
Commissioned: 15 October 1925
Fate: Scuttled 3 May 1945, scrapped 1949
Full load displacement: 7,100 t
Length: 508 ft 10 in
Beam: 46 ft 7 in
Draft: 17 ft 5 in
Propulsion: Coal fired boilers driving steam turbines, 2 shafts, 46,500 shp; refitted with oil burners in 1933
Speed: 29.5 knots
Range: 7,700 miles at 15 knots
Crew: 19–30 officers, 445–653 enlisted men
Armament:
8 × 15 cm (5.9 in) guns
3 × 8.8 cm (3.5 in) guns
4 × 50 cm (20 in) torpedo tubes
R-4: My last 70 kms on the treadmill. Can hardly wait to get back to jogging in a forest.
R-4: Meine letzten 70 km auf dem Laufband. Kann es kaum erwarten, wieder im Wald joggen zu gehen.
Credits: ESA/NASA
128A1153
KMS,YKK,BKLYN.1993.
was rasberry,summer squash, true blue? and a leafy green force feild white highlights. a school yard i used to play in back when...
From Banaue Ifugao to Baguio.
KMS Bus no 9999 (wonderful number)
A stopover in Aritao (i think), on the way to Baguio.
========================================================================
Disclosures: This photo is copyright protected by the the account owner.
Any unauthorized reproduction of this photo will result to a legal action by the account owner and or Yahoo! Copyright Team the against party concerned.
For any special use of this photo send us an email at: sayhi@meyers.ph
========================================================================
Ceduna. This “capital” of the Far West Coast is 50 kms further from Adelaide than Melbourne is from Adelaide. As it is 780 kms west of Adelaide it should be in a different time zone but it is not. With Thevenard it has 2,200 residents. Almost 25% of residents are Aboriginal but this figure is does not include the floating or transient population of Aboriginal visitors from inland areas and further west (Yalata) which is 250 kms away. The people from Yalata speak Pitjantjatjara unlike the local Wirangu people. Most of the permanent Aboriginal residents are employed by local government, the state government or the local industries. The transient population usually come to Ceduna for medical treatment. The Ceduna Hospital has 15 acute overnight beds, four day beds, two dialysis beds and 38 general beds. Medical imaging is available two days a week at the hospital. Rex Airlines provides seven flights a week to Adelaide. The Western Australian border across the Nullarbor is 500 kms west of Ceduna. The Head of the Bight is 300 kms west. The Eyre Highway to the WA border was sealed in 1976.
European exploration of the Ceduna area and Murat Bay began in 1627 when Captain Francois Thijssen, a Dutch explorer in his ship the Golden Zeepard, visited this region with Pieter Nuijts. The islands off the coast were named Nuyts Archipelago in honour of that voyage by Captain Matthew Flinders when he charted the coast here in 1801. The largest island in the archipelago was named by Captain Thijssen in 1627 after the patron saint of Nuijt – St Pierre Isle now known as St Peters Island. The second largest island in the archipelago he named after his own patron stain St Francois – St Francis Island. Another European, the French man Nicholas Baudin named Murat Bay when he charted the coast also in 1802. He was the explorer who met Matthew Flinders near Victor Harbor which Flinders named Encounter Bay. Murat was a French general and brother-in-law of Napoleon Bonaparte. When Flinders entered the bay next to Murat he tested the water for salinity as he felt sure a major river would have an estuary on the bay. In disappointment he named it Denial Bay. In 1893 the Hundred of Bonython was declared around Murat Bay. It was not changed to Ceduna until the railway arrived in 1915 when the railways named their station Ceduna. Ceduna is believed to be a corruption of the local Wirangu Aboriginal word 'chedoona' which means "a place to sit down and rest". The foreshore of Murat Bay is a great place to sit down and rest under the Norfolk Island pine trees looking towards Thevenard. Or you can get almost the same view from the Ceduna Foreshore Hotel!
Unlike most South Australia towns Ceduna was founded in the 20th century when the optimism of the 19th century farmers had waned. Early explorers had not reported favourably on the land here. Edward John Eyre made his visit to the region in 1839 after sailing to Port Lincoln and then he explored it again in 1840/41. On his second trip he complained about the lack of any water after a ship had provided water to him at Streaky Bay. His party then walked as there was no water for horses. This fateful journey, when Aborigines killed two of his party and Eyre and his Aboriginal friend Wylie nearly died of thirst, Eyre managed to cross the Nullarbor Plain to WA. But none of his reports encouraged settlers. Two explorers Miller and Dutton in 1857 noted no water but said there were good areas of grasslands. The first large pastoral leaseholds were taken up in 1860 but soon surrendered and taken up again after 1868. This was tough country even for sheep. Robert Barr smith took out the Fowlers Bay run which included Murat Bay and covered 199 square miles. Other leaseholds were also taken up along the coast. All were resumed by the government in the late 1880s when the hundreds were declared. The Hundred of Bonython which covers Ceduna was declared in 1893 and a small farming community began on Murat Bay. Thirty early settler families petitioned the government for a surveyed town in 1896. This happened in 1901 and it was named Murat Bay. But the town developed very slowly. The first church opened in 1909; the government school only opened in 1914 and minimal development occurred before 1915 when the railway from Port Lincoln reached the town. The first government wharf was built in 1902 to take away the bagged grain; and early stone Institute building was erected; there were two early general stores; the town had a stone hotel –licensed to Mr Charles Mudge in 1901 for opening in 1902; the first police station opened in 1903; the first wooden Post Office opened in 1902; the town before 1909 had a saddler, a blacksmith, a butcher, baker, etc but no candle stick maker.
All the major Christian faiths have been represented in Ceduna. The first church built in Ceduna was the Methodist in 1909 in Poynton Street. Its porched was added 1959 and the “new” church hall was added in 1962. The second church was the early Anglican Church also built in Poynton Street in 1911. It was last used for services in 1954 when the new St Michael’s and All Angels Church across the street opened. It was dedicated by the Bishop of Willochra in 1955 and the adjacent parish hall was built in 1981. The third church erected in town was the Lutheran Church in East Terrace. It was built in 1928 but was in a deteriorating condition by 1970. In 1971 it was demolished and a new Lutheran Church opened. Lutheranism was a strong faith in this region with the Koonibba Lutheran Aboriginal Mission (est. 1901) 39 kms out of town and the early Lutheran Church in Denial Bay 13 kms away which was the first church in the whole region built in 1896. In 1929 the Catholics built a church in Bergman Drive. It was dedicated as Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church. A new parish hall was erected in 1977. Ceduna became a separate Catholic parish with a resident priest in 1973 when it broke away from Streaky Bay.
Thevenard. Ceduna-Thevenard was the main terminus of the Eyre Peninsula railway system with the line from Port Lincoln reaching here in 1915. The town of Thevenard was surveyed and land sold in 1915. The railway line from Port Lincoln reached Wudinna, about half way in 1913.Then the first trains operated to Ceduna in 1915 with a passenger train for travel to or from Port Lincoln. It took two days with an overnight stay in Minnipa! Almost all the railway stations and sidings on Eyre Peninsula have local Aboriginal words for their names. Here are some of the interesting siding names from near Ceduna – Yantanabie; Chillundie; Mudamuckla; Chimbingina; Uworra; Nunjikompita; Yantanabie; Puntabie; Wiabuna; Koonibba; Kalanbi; Chinta. Passenger trains on Eyre Peninsula from Ceduna were coordinated to arrive in Port Lincoln to connect with coast steamers to Adelaide until the last steamer service ended in 1963. The railway from Thevenard was extended to Penong further west (73 kms) in 1924. This is now the only railway line in operation on Eyre Peninsula since May 2019 when Viterra grain handlers could not reach an agreement with the track owners of Eyre Peninsula, Genesee & Wyoming Australia. The rail service was terminated. The last grain train to Penong operated in 1997 but the line to Kevin gypsum mines still operates. Three round trips are made each day for most days of the week. The export of gypsum is one of the major exports from Thevenard. The jetty at Thevenard was extended in 1972 to allow larger ships to visit the port. Thevenard exports roughly 6 million bushels of grain a year, 80,000 tons of salt and 200,000 tons of gypsum from the mines at Kevin near Penong and increasing amounts of mineral sands (zircon). Some processed and frozen fish and seafood are also exported from Thevenard. Flinders Ports Holdings operates the port which is the second busiest in South Australia. There are current plans for a $15million upgrade of Thevenard jetty and port. A transportable Methodist Church was moved to Thevenard in 1953 and a small Greek Orthodox Church opened in Thevenard in 1972. Prior to that Orthodox services were held in the Greek Hall. For many years Thevenard had a gypsum factory producing plaster.
Portside profile of a model by Neptun #1002. One can understand the British Admiralty's apprehension when she sortied from Norway with KMS Prinz Eugen, intending to raid Allied convoys on the North Atlantic. With her speed, armament and cunning she could beat anything the British could throw at her; except she had an Achilles heel, which a British naval air attack fortuitously struck, leading to her sinking on May 27, 1941. Her looks are compelling, and if esthetics were applicable to war machines, she certainly was a leader in attractive proportions and massing, as were most of the Kriegsmarine capital ships.