View allAll Photos Tagged Associate

Bearing a family resemblance to the older lady in the accompanying photograph.

 

George Edward Anderson (1860-1928) had a photographic studio in Salt Lake City as early as 1877. He would go on to document many locations in Utah, as well as many important sites associated with the early history of the Mormon church.

2024 Skyland Trail Associates Spring Luncheon - March 15, 204 - Piedmont Driving Club - Photos by Kim Link

Dr. Chad Jenkins; Associate Professor of Computer Science, Brown University.

 

Photo: The Franklin Institute/Darryl W. Moran

Michael Niemczyk and Associates.: Michael Niemczyk.:

UTA celebrated outstanding faculty, associates, and advisors at the annual awards meeting Tuesday, April 26.

August 20, 2015 - Associates were given FREE hotdogs and Brats, with the rides Steel Venom, Northern Lights, Tilt-a-whirl. Some were event put into a raffle to get a free flight on RipCord!

Olim And Associates

1615 S. Fry Rd

Katy, TX 77450

United States

281-492-6546

drolim@sbcglobal.net

olimandassociates.com

plus.google.com/112301645326060408674

[Childrens Dentist Katy TX](olimandassociates.com)

Gaia PIGINO Associate Head, HT Structural Biology Research Center

 

At Human Technopole, the mission of the Structural Biology Centre is to gain a precise knowledge of the structure of macromolecules and macromolecular complexes, which is essential to understand how they function. To this aim, the Cryo-EM Facility is designed to efficiently combine Single-Particle Analysis (SPA), Electron Tomography (ET) and Correlative Light Electron Microscopy (CLEM) workflows to study in detail the structure of single macromolecules as well as whole cellular compartments.

 

During the Cryo-EM Symposium (29-30 Sep 2022), external world-leading scientists in the field of electron microscopy as well as members of the HT Structural Biology Centre presented their research. Together with experts from leading international research centres, they engaged in a stimulating discussion on the role of structural cellular biology in human health and disease.

 

Participants were able to tour the state-of-the-art Cryo-EM Facility currently set up on the Human Technopole campus.

Steve passed away peacefully on Thursday, December 2, 2021, at home. He was born on February 5, 1946, the youngest child of the late Harold and Dorothy (Schoenhals) Brown. After graduating from high school, he was drafted into the Army where he served as a communications specialist in Vietnam. Upon returning to the U.S., he taught military communications to new recruits at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. Steve earned an Associate Degree in Architecture at Washtenaw Community College and worked for most of his adult life as an Architectural Draftsman for Washtenaw Engineering in Ann Arbor. He currently was a member of Grace Ann Arbor Church, after having served many years as treasurer of the Ann Arbor Christian Reformed Church. He was active in a small group in his church, and several members of the group provided help and support during his last days. He especially loved classic cars, trains, photography, golf, and traveling across the USA and Canada in search of beautiful scenery. Nearly 40,000 of his photos are displayed on Flickr:

www.flickr.com/photos/sjb4photos/collections (his collections of photos)

Several have appeared on greeting cards and in the National Geographic Magazine. Steve will be remembered and forever missed by his brothers Douglas and William, his sister Mary Stevens, his good friend Marsha McDonald, and many nephews, nieces, cousins, and friends.

 

Beacon Associates are dealing in Electrical Appliance like Lamp, Tube, Fitting, Led Lamp, Lamp Indicator Dealers etc.

 

Know more about Beacon Associates at www.ibphub.com/display/beacon-associates-8480/6

 

Register your business on our website visit at www.ibphub.com/free-listing

Associate Administrator Jim Free, talks with Mongolian Minister of Digital Development and Communications Nyam-Osor Uchral during a meeting to discuss Mongolia’s National Space Strategy planning and methods for natural disasters monitoring and prevention, Friday, Jan. 26, 2024, at the NASA Headquarters Mary W. Jackson Building in Washington. Photo Credit: (NASA/Bill Ingalls)

The feast is associated with an event recounted not in the New Testament, but in the apocryphal Protoevangelium of James.

According to that text, Mary's parents, Joachim and Anne, who had been childless, received a heavenly message that they would have a child.

In thanksgiving for the gift of their daughter, they brought her, when still a child, to the Temple in Jerusalem to consecrate her to God. L

ater versions of the story (such as the Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew and the Gospel of the Nativity of Mary) indicate that Mary was taken to the Temple at around the age of three in fulfillment of a vow.

Tradition held that she was to remain there to be educated in preparation for her role as Mother of God

August 20, 2015 - Associates were given FREE hotdogs and Brats, with the rides Steel Venom, Northern Lights, Tilt-a-whirl. Some were event put into a raffle to get a free flight on RipCord!

Associate Chair, Bob Sturges; Chair, Maureen Goggin; Associate Professor, Jim Blasingame

Jonathan Kurtz, associate and project designer of Westlake Reed Lekosky offers remarks during the dedication.

 

Photo by Kevin Reeves

Event: New Day Associates Fashion Weekend

Location: Marriott Hotel, Newark Liberty Airport, New Jersey, USA

Date: November 29, 2009

 

D Couture, by Deborah Cooper

 

Live life in fashion.

 

Revenge Fashion Magazine

A Passion for Empowerment™

www.RevengeFashionMagazine.com

www.Myspace.com/RevengeFashionMagazine.com

www.Twitter.com/RevengeFashion

 

Revenge Fashion TV

Watch what you wear™

www.Youtube.com/RevengeFashionTV

www.Myspace.com/RevengeFashionTV

Maroíta, (Contopus hispaniolensis), Hispaniolan Pewee (Endemic)

es una especie de ave de la familia Tyrannidae.

 

Puede ser encontrada en los siguientes países: República Dominicana y Haití.

 

#######################

 

The Hispaniolan pewee (Contopus hispaniolensis) is a species of bird in the Tyrannidae (flycatcher) family. It is found on the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean.

 

Lugar de Observacion / Taken:Puerto Escondido, Duverge, Republica Dominicana.

 

Scientific classification

Kingdom:Animalia

Phylum:Chordata

Class:Aves

Order:Passeriformes

Family:Tyrannidae

Genus:Contopus

Species:C. hispaniolensis

Binomial name

Contopus hispaniolensis

Governor Moore Speaks at the 2023 Associated Black Charities Gala by Patrick Siebert at 7002 Arundel Mills Cir #7777, Hanover, MD 21076

August 20, 2015 - Associates were given FREE hotdogs and Brats, with the rides Steel Venom, Northern Lights, Tilt-a-whirl. Some were event put into a raffle to get a free flight on RipCord!

Built between 1959 and 1962, this Modern Futurist and Googie building was designed by Eero Saarinen and Associates for Trans World Airlines to serve as a Flight Center, or Terminal headhouse, for their passenger services at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. The building is an example of thin shell construction, with a parabolic and curved sculptural concrete roof and concrete columns, with many surfaces of the building's structure and exterior being tapered or curved. The building also appears to take inspiration from natural forms, with the roofs appearing like the wings of a bird or bat taking flight. The building served as a passenger terminal from 1962 until 2001, when it was closed.

 

The building's exterior is dominated by a thin shell concrete roof with parabolic curves, which is divided by ribs into four segments, with the larger, symmetrical north and south segments tapering towards the tallest points of the exterior walls, and soar over angled glass curtain walls underneath. At the ends of the four ribs are Y-shaped concrete columns that curve outwards towards the top and bottom, distributing the weight of the roof structure directly to the foundation. The east and west segments of the roof are smaller, with the west roof angling downwards and forming a canopy over the front entrance with a funnel-shaped sculptural concrete scupper that empties rainwater into a low grate over a drain on the west side of the driveway in front of the building, and the east roof angling slightly upwards, originally providing sweeping views of the tarmac and airfield beyond. The exterior walls of the building beneath the sculptural roof consist of glass curtain walls, with the western exterior wall sitting to the east of the columns and the eastern exterior wall being partially comprised of the eastern columns, with the curtain wall located in the openings between the columns. To the east and west of the taller central section are two half crescent-shaped wings with low-slope roofs, with a curved wall, integrated concrete canopy, tall walls at the ends, and regularly-spaced door openings. To the rear, two concrete tubes with elliptical profiles formerly linked the headhouse to the original concourses, and today link the historic building to the new Terminal 5 and Hotel Towers.

 

Inside, the building features a great hall with a central mezzanine, and features curved concrete walls and columns, complex staircases, aluminum railings, ticket counters in the two halls to either side of the front entrance, a clock at the center of the ceiling, and skylights below the ribs of the roof. The space features penny tile floors, concrete walls and built-in furniture, red carpeting, and opalescent glass signage. On the west side of the great hall, near the entrance, is a curved concrete counter in front of a large signboard housed in a sculptural concrete and metal shell that once displayed departing and arriving flights. On the north and south sides of this space are former ticket counters and baggage drops, which sit below a vaulted ceiling, with linear light fixtures suspended between curved sculptural concrete piers that terminate some ways below the ceiling. To the east of the entrance is a staircase with minimalist aluminum railings, beyond which is a cantilevered concrete bridge, with balconies and spaces with low ceilings to either side, off which are several shops, restrooms, and telephone booths. On the east side of the bridge is a large sunken lounge with red carpet and concrete benches with red upholstered cushions, surrounded by low concrete walls that feature red-cushioned benches on either side, sitting below a metal analog signboard mounted to the inside of the curtain wall. To the north and south of the lounge are the entrances to the concrete tubes that once provided access to the concourses, which are elliptical in shape, with red carpeted floors and white walls and a white ceiling. On the mezzanine are several former lounges and a restaurant, which feature historic mid-20th Century finishes and fixtures.

 

The complex includes two contemporary hotel towers, the Saarinen and Hughes wings, which were designed carefully to harmonize with the original building and match its character. The two wings feature concrete end walls, curved Miesian glass curtain walls, and interiors with red carpeting, wooden paneling, brass fittings and fixtures, and white walls and ceilings. The only substantial modification to the structure's significant interior spaces was the puncturing of the two concrete tubes to provide access to these towers. The former terminal also features several service areas that were not previously open to visitors, which today house a massive fitness center, a cavernous underground conference center, and various meeting rooms and ballrooms, with all of these spaces, except the fitness center, being redesigned to match the mid-20th Century modern aesthetics of the rest of the building, with new fixtures, furnishings, and finishes that are inspired directly by the time period in which the building was built, and are nearly seamless in appearance with the rest of the building.

 

The fantastic building was designated a New York City Landmark in 1994, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. Between 2005 and 2008, the new Terminal 5, occupied by JetBlue, was built, which wraps the structure to the east, and was designed by Gensler, and was carefully placed so as to avoid altering or damaging the character-defining features of the historic terminal. Between 2016 and 2019, the building was rehabilitated in an adaptive reuse project that converted it into the TWA Hotel, which was carried out under the direction of Beyer Blinder Belle, Lubrano Ciavarra Architects, Stonehill Taylor, INC Architecture and Design, as well as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and MCR/Morse Development. The hotel features 512 guest rooms, large event spaces, a rooftop pool at the top of the Hughes Wing, a large basement fitness center, and a Lockheed Constellation L-1649A "Connie" on a paved courtyard to the east of the building, which houses a cocktail lounge. The hotel is heavily themed around the 1960s, and was very carefully designed to preserve the character of this iconic landmark.

Waterfall Garden, 1978, designed by Masao Kinoshita/Sasaki Associates.

 

Miller Associates is an Independent Financial Advisers. Last year we designed their new corporate identity, stationery and appointment cards. Just recently we've completed a 12-page brochure promoting their exclusive Corporate Will product.

Ugh I hate 1877 because that's when Reconstruction ended. It shouldn't have ended!

 

-----------------------

 

In downtown Nashville, Tennessee, on March 5th, 2014, the former Nashville Customs House/Federal Building (built from 1876 to 1882, 72001232 on the National Register of Historic Places) at the southwest corner of Broadway (U.S. Route 70 and Tennessee Route 24) and 7th Avenue South.

 

-----------------------

 

Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names terms:

• Nashville-Davidson (7013959)

 

Art & Architecture Thesaurus terms:

• building stone (300011700)

• cornerstones (300002616)

• customhouses (300005998)

• date stones (300374978)

• downspouts (300052560)

• engraving (action) (300053829)

• federal government (300055506)

• Gothic Revival (300021452)

• granite (rock) (300011183)

• historic buildings (300008063)

• limestone (300011286)

• wetness (300228711)

• woodchips (300012837)

 

Wikidata items:

• 5 March 2014 (Q17924059)

• 1870s in architecture (Q74241498)

• 1877 in architecture (Q2744630)

• 1880s in architecture (Q60996911)

• 1882 in architecture (Q647403)

• Anno Domini (Q159791)

• Broadway (Q6693344)

• Customs House (Q28125088)

• March 5 (Q2392)

• March 2014 (Q7131137)

• Middle Tennessee (Q6841610)

• mulch (Q549563)

• National Register of Historic Places (Q3719)

• Tennessee State Route 24 (Q2503260)

• Treaty with the Cherokee, 1785 (Q114703881)

• U.S. Route 70 (Q410063)

Healthcare

 

September 7, 2011

Amplatz Children's Hospital

University of Minnesota

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Tsoi/Kobus & Associates w/ HGA

CALGARY-Some unsuspecting ATB associates were thrown in the slammer... for a good cause. All together they raised $7,200 for United Way.

The trend hunter LAMBERT AND ASSOCIATES girls went to the opening of the new costume and fine jewelry retail space at Franck et Fils.

 

LAMBERT AND ASSOCIATES is the global network of luxury retail experts.

  

LAMBERT AND ASSOCIATES operates out of five fashion hubs around the world including, Paris, London, Milan, Florence and New York with expansions plans to Asia in the works.

Not only do we spot future trends for our prestigious clients, we have a long and successful relationship with a wide portfolio of designers too.

 

We are the most powerful global luxury retail network with an unsurpassed knowledge covering multiple categories including womenswear, menswear, accessories, beauty, gourmet, home and children.

 

LAMBERT AND ASSOCIATES works with powerful fashion retailers and inspire department stores assortments in prestigious groups such Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman ,, Holt Renfrew , Lane Crawford & Pedder Group and Fenwick

 

Head quarter : 42, rue vignon – 75009 Paris

Tél. : +33 (0)1 42 36 37 50

 

To know more about us: www.lambertandassociatesgroup.com

LAMBERT AND ASSOCIATES too is part of all those sartorial feeds that will keep you in the know, wherever you are!

 

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Our blog: www.lambertandassociates-fashionofficeandtrendspotter.com/

UTA celebrated outstanding faculty, associates, and advisors at the annual awards meeting Tuesday, April 26.

Healthcare

 

Amplatz Children's Hospital

Detail

University of Minnesota

Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Tsoi/Kobus & Associates w/ HGA

RMIT School of Architecture and Design Associate Degree in Design (Furniture) Student Work June 2014

Just Magestic!

The kapok is often associated with the supernatural. In Africa, the kapok is also considered sacred. It is said that sleeping on pillows made of kapok cotton will bring good luck, purify and empower your material and spiritual energy and bring good dreams and saintly vibrations. Slaves brought to the Caribbean often slept on mattresses and pillows stuffed with kapok. Interestingly enough, this custom was often shunned by white planters and plantation overseers who believed that sleeping on kapok pillows brought about nightmares

Ceiba Pentandra Trees in Isabela, PR

7/2007

2018 AIAA Associate Fellows Dinner

Hair Ice associated with the fungus Exidiopsis effusa on the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, East Sussex England

 

This is the first we've ever seen Hair Ice up high in a live tree like this. luckily we always have our long lens available just for cases like this ;-)

 

The first of two early mornings in a frozen woodland, Hair Ice is very temperature and environment dependant, and the associated fungus must be present to help deliver this amazing phenomena, more on this here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_ice

Moonta Mines and the Hughes Enginehouse.

After the May 1861 race between Hughes’ man William Horn and Patrick Ryan and his associates to register the Moonta mining lease a lengthy legal process began for the validation of Walter Watson Hughes’ mining rights to the site. Although the legal battle was not settled until 1864 Hughes acted quickly and formed the Tipara Mineral Association, later the Moonta Mining association, with himself, Edward Stirling, John Taylor, Robert Barr Smith, (Sir)Thomas Elder, G Waterhouse and G. Hall. Hundreds of Cornish miners were attracted to the town directly from Cornwall although some came from Kapunda. The government resumed some parts of Hughes’ pastoral lease to lay out the towns of Kadina and the port of Wallaroo. Moonta was surveyed and town blocks sold in April 1863. As they sold quickly most Moonta settlers lived in cottages and shanties on the mining leasehold lands in settlements such as Hamley Flat, Moonta Mines, Yelta, Cross Roads etc. By 1870 the population of Moonta reached 10,000 people with 6,000 on the mining lease lands. Coal was shipped in to the Moonta mines from Newcastle as it was needed to fire the boiler houses and the water pumps for the mine. The copper lodes were up to 700 metres below the surface although most worked lodes were less than 300 metres below the surface and the main lodes were named Elder’s lode, Elder West lode, Beddomes lode, Greens lode and Fergusson lode. Each lode had one or more deep shafts with the main ones being Washington’s shaft, Stirling’s shaft, Taylor’s shaft and Hughes’ shaft etc. There were a number of enginehouses across Moonta mines Hughes’s, Richman’s and Elder’s. Hughes enginehouse had Smith’s (Robert Barr Smith), Hughes, Elders, Duncan and Bennetts shafts nearby. Next to the enginehouse was the boilerhouse which created steam for the enginehouse which pumped water out of the deep shafts. Nearby was a winching house to winch items and miners down the shafts but mainly to bring ore to the surface. Nearby were the settling tanks for water pumped from the shafts, the concentration plant and the crushing plant. These processes and structures were needed near most mine shafts. Also near Hughes enginehouse were the stables and the workshops for the repair and in some cases manufacture of equipment etc. 300 men and boys were employed in Hughes workshops alone.

 

The Hughes’ engine house serviced Smith’s, Waterhouse’s and Elder’s shafts and others and it was primarily responsible to pumping water out of mine shafts. Hughe’s 60 inch Cornish beam pumping engine was installed in a fine stone building in 1865 and it operated continuously without any major break down from then until the mine closure in 1923. It required constant works to keep fire up to the boilers. It could pump water from a depth of 700 metres (2,500 feet) with four strokes of the pump a minute. Near this main shaft were workshops, the mine offices, the manager’s residence (Captain Hancock) etc. In other areas of the mine works were the brick kiln, the assay office, the powder magazine, processing plants and several major areas for the tailings debris bought to the surface from the mine shafts. The Hughes enginehouse was built of limestone and still remains but without the pump. Near it are the ruins of Elder’s enginehouse and the Hughes water pool or reservoir. Captain Hancock managed the Hughes’ mines from 1864 to 1898. Under his management the mine grew quickly with 1,200 men and boys employed as early as 1865.

 

Across the main road are the remains of Richman’s enginehouse, Richman’s Tailings Heap which can be climbed, the compressor house and the crushing plant etc. Richman’s enginehouse which was built from 1867 to 1869 was mainly used to power the crushing and dressing machinery of Taylor’s Shaft the deepest shaft on the Moonta fields. Taylor’s shaft which descended 2,520 feet beneath the surface had its water pumped out by the Hughes enginehouse from some distance away. The ruins of the crushing and concentrating plants beside Taylor’s shaft are quite impressive. Some of the ruins of the crusher house erected in 1869 in local stone remain beside Richman’s enginehouse. All mining required explosives, mainly gun powder and later dynamite and the ruins of the Moonta Mines explosives magazine still exist near the old Moonta Mines School.

 

In 1890 the Wallaroo and Moonta Mines amalgamated. The combined companies employed on average around 1,900 people a year in the mines and smelters. The peak year for employment was 1906 when the company hired 2,700 men. This followed a disastrous fire in 1904 when the large Taylor Shaft and poppet was destroyed by fire. There were three main shafts operating at the Wallaroo Mines by 1906, the Boors, Hughes and Office shafts. Between 1860 and 1923 when the mine finally closed down the Wallaroo Mine alone produced almost £10,000 million worth of copper and the combined mine with Moonta produced over £20,000 million worth of copper. After the closure of the mine buildings were stripped of anything saleable and most were demolished. As the population dwindled the cottages on the mining lease land were generally demolished but a few still remain. At Moonta Mines a few non-mining buildings remain the government school (1877-1968) now the National Trust Museum, Moonta Mines Methodist Church (1865) with a seating capacity of 1,250 parishioners and a typical miner’s cottage (1870) now a National Trust museum. At East Moonta there is a former Methodist Church built in 1872.

 

Moonta Town centre.

White settlement really began in the district in 1861. The first miners in the Copper Triangle were Cornish miners moving down from Burra. The majority of settlers though came directly as sponsored immigrants from Cornwall. In 1865 some 43% of all immigrants to SA came from Cornwall. The Copper Triangle towns of Moonta-Wallaroo- Kadina had 12,000 people by 1890, representing about 10% of Adelaide’s population which was only 130,000. Consequently government services for the area were given priority and by 1878 the Triangle had a daily rail connecting service to Adelaide via Port Wakefield, Balaklava and Hamley Bridge. Apart from their mining skills the Cornish brought with them their religious faith hence the numerous Methodist chapels and churches in the area. All three branches of Methodism were well represented- Bible Christian Methodists, Primitive Methodists and Wesleyan Methodists. The 1891 census showed that 80% of the residents of the Moonta district were Methodists. Not surprisingly the Moonta Methodist Circuit (like a synod) had more church members than the big circuits in Adelaide such as Pirie Street, Norwood or Kent Town. At one stage there were 14 Methodist churches in Moonta with a further 10 in Wallaroo/Kadina. As the Cornish used to say “Methodist churches are as common as currents in a cake.” The pulpits of the churches provided good training ground for public speaking as lay preachers were often used in these churches. One such trainee was John Verran who was Premier of SA between 1910-12. He once remarked “he was a MP because he was a PM” i.e Primitive Methodist! Moonta was declared a town in 1863; the local Council was instituted in 1872; and by 1873 the town had 80 businesses, five hotels, numerous churches, its own newspaper, four banks and an Institute. A horse tramway connected the suburbs of Moonta Mines, Moonta and Moonta Bay. Other “suburban” areas of Moonta were Yelta, North Yelta, Cross Roads and Hamley Flat. When the mines closed in 1923 many left the town. During the lunch break look for some of these great historical buildings:

Moonta Town Hall, George Street facing the Square. This prominent structure was built in 1885 as the fourth local institute, using volunteer labour. Mrs Corpe, wife of the then chairman of the Institute committee and a major Moonta mines investor, laid the foundation stone and the Governor of South Australia, Sir W. C. F. Robinson opened the building. Thomas Smeaton of Adelaide designed it. The grand design reflects the prosperity of the times for Moonta. It has a three storey clock tower with French metal roof, classical half round windows, and the ground level window sills have the original metal spikes on them to stop loitering! The clock tower was added in 1907 and the new clock faces were fitted in 1963. Around 1907 the Institute became the Town Hall. In 1928 some internal remodelling saw the introduction of a cinema room and Art Deco entrance leadlight doors. Outside the Town Hall is a cast iron drinking fountain erected in 1890 to commemorate the arrival of reservoir water from Beetaloo Dam.

School of Mines, Ellen Street on cnr of Robert Street. This important building was built in two stages, the southern half being built in 1866 as a Baptist Chapel (with a manse next door). In 1891 it became the School of Mines, the first school outside Adelaide for the training of adults and youths in trades and bookwork. The northern half of the School of Mines was built in 1903 to match the southern half. It is a fine limestone building in the Gothic style with a pediment to the roofline. When the School of Mines opened in 1891 it started with 33 students and a government grant of £200 per annum. The first subjects taught were Mine Surveying, Mechanical Drawing and Mathematics. By 1896 there were 100 students enrolled and by 1898 this had grown to 275 students. New subjects were added to the curriculum such as Sheet Metalwork, Plumbing, Carpentry, Bookkeeping and Metallurgy. Scholarships were made available to underground mine workers and early in the 20th century the government grant increased to £1000 per annum. There is a stable block next to the building.

The Uniting Church, Robert Street facing Queen’s Square. This former Wesleyan Methodist Church is a grand building reflecting the prominence of Methodism amongst the Cornish miners of Moonta. £4,000 was raised to build this church in 1873. Its Gothic style is offset with some fine Mintaro slate steps and a slate roof. The pulpit, large enough to hold four speakers, is a decorative example made of imported Bath stone from England. Delabole Slate Yards in Willunga carved it. The main window facing the street and square displays stone tracery dividing the stained glass panels. The church has seven buttresses and the symmetry of the façade is emphasised by four stone spires. It is a fine example of a Gothic style church designed by architect Roland Rees. The church was placed alongside the town square to indicate its importance to the town. Mining company officials and the first Mayor of Moonta, Mr Drew worshipped here. He laid the foundation stone on October 6th 1873. The adjoining hall was built in 1866.

Shop – formerly an Institute Building at 55 George Street. This quaint building was the third Institute erected in Moonta. It dates from 1870. The land was donated by David Bowers for the Institute. It is a classical designed building with Greek triangular pediments above the two doors and a rounded arch over the central window. It has had many uses in latter years. The current veranda ruins the classical appearance of the building and it must be seen from across the street to appreciate its architecture. Note the round louvred roof vent.

Former Bank of South Australia, 46 George Street. Built in 1864, this was the first bank in Moonta. It later became the Union Bank. The arched porch is very distinctive and the quoins around the windows and corners give the building an attractive frontage. The Moonta Mining Company banked here.

Old Union Bank, Ellen Street. This grand façade dates from 1865 when it was opened as the Bank of South Australia, later becoming the Union Bank in 1892 and trading as a bank until 1943. The façade is noted for its classical arches, symmetry and balustrades along the parapet roof. This is the finest commercial building in Moonta. Note the wooden louvred rounded window on the southern wall, the bricked up one, and the five half rounded windows of grand proportions and two half rounded doors on the front. Note the fine scrollwork around the windows. You can still faintly see “Union Bank” on the front parapet.

 

1 2 ••• 23 24 26 28 29 ••• 79 80