View allAll Photos Tagged Architecture

© Álbum 0120

By Catedrales e Iglesias

Arquidiócesis de México

 

Arquidiócesis de México

www.arquidiocesismexico.org.mx/

 

Ex Convento Franciscano (San Diego)

Calz. General Anaya esq. Xicoténcatl

Col. Churubusco

Zona: Coyoacán

Metro: General Anaya

C.P. 04000

Del. Coyoacán

Tel. 5688-2088

Tel. 5554-0560

Fax.

Oculto entre los árboles de un tranquilo barrio cercano al centro de Coyoacán, el Ex - Convento de Churubusco aún conserva las marcas que los cañonazos inflingieron a sus muros en una mítica batalla de la guerra mexicano - estadounidense, muros que hasta nuestros días se yerguen airosos como testigos de la historia y como guardianes de uno de los espacios más importantes de la memoria nacional.

 

El Convento de Churubusco, palabra que proviene del náhuatl "Huitzilopochco" que significa lugar del templo de Huitzilpochlti, tiene sus orígenes en los primeros años del siglo XVI, al establecer los recién llegados misioneros franciscanos un centro de evangelización en lo que anteriormente había sido un poblado prehispánico que databa del año 1065 d.C. Para su construcción los misioneros emplearon como en muchos otros casos de nuestro país, las mismas piedras de los templos prehispánicos para la realización de los distintos espacios religiosos, quedando el templo dedicado a la advocación de Santa María de los Ángeles. Años más tarde, el convento pasó a manos de los misioneros dieguinos, también conocidos como franciscanos descalzos, que con el paso de las décadas y gracias a los donativos de varios personajes del periodo virreinal, pudieron agregar nuevos espacios y mejorar las instalaciones con que contaban. Así el conjunto se encuentra integrado por una capilla y un área de habitaciones y claustro protegidos al norte con una huerta con árboles frutales, ventilando e iluminando sus espacios por medio de tres patios interiores así como por las huertas y el patio del descanso localizados al sur del convento.

 

Durante 1847, en plena intervención norteamericana, el convento fue designado sitio estratégico, razón por la cual funcionó como base de operaciones para el ejército mexicano para la defensa de la Ciudad de México, sin embargo el 20 de agosto de 1847, este convento fue escenario de una cruenta batalla en la que participaron las tropas mexicanas apoyadas por el famoso batallón de San Patricio que desde entonces hermana al pueblo de México con la República de Irlanda.

 

Posteriormente, tras la nacionalización de los bienes del clero, el convento pasó a manos del gobierno mexicano que tras varios años de abandono lo convirtió en el Museo Nacional de las Intervenciones, mismo que abrió sus puertas en 1921 y en el cual se exhiben distintos objetos de gran valor histórico de las distintas invasiones que el país sufrió durante el siglo XIX, en un extraordinario marco histórico que sumerge al visitante en la apasionante historia de México

 

Adicionalmente en este conjunto se pueden conocer como eran los interiores y la vida diaria de las órdenes religiosas de la Nueva España y se pueden apreciar notables espacios como el Templo de San Diego, que alberga un espléndido altar churrigueresco, así como los distintos patios y jardines que nos transportan al pasado y que constituyen una pausa en la vida cotidiana. Asimismo en este sitio se llevan a cabo diversas representaciones artísticas y culturales a lo largo del año con diversas temáticas que aprovechan el magnífico escenario histórico en el que se presentan.

 

La entrada al museo tiene un costo de 30 pesos y el domingo la entrada es gratuita. El templo se encuentra abierto al público de manera gratuita todos los días.

You Have To See This Majestic Listing In Panama City Beach: Property Details For: 7214 QUAIL HOLLOW DR PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL 32408Type: Price: $129,855Bedrooms: 3Baths: 2.0Here is some additional information about 7214 QUAIL HOLLOW DR PANAMA CITY BEACH FL 32408: See full detail for Listing: 504183Address: 7214 QUAIL HOLLOW DR PANAMA CITY BEACH FL 32408Here is what Trulia.com has to say about the area: Sorry, there are no new market stats for: PANAMA CITY BEACH, FL

Frères de pierre

Hotel Bell, Alva, Oklahoma.

New Museum of Contemporary Art by SANAA

Jet lag means you stay awake to see a 545 sunrise facing the wrong direction.

Schwetzingerstadt | Friedrichsplatz

Museum of modern and contemporary art, established in 1909.

Arch. Hermann Billing

1905-07

"Der große Fisch"

Constantin Brâncuşi

1930

2014 World Equestrian Games - Eventing.

Day 1: Dressage.

Haras du Pin, Normandy, France (French National Stud).

28th August 2014.

 

April 1971

 

Forestry Institute - Oxford

Im Zuge der heutigen Bundesautobahn A 1 wurden 1938 zwei siebenfeldrige, 170 Meter lange Viadukte für die Fahrtrichtungen Dortmund und Köln errichtet und, um die Fahrspuren und den Mittelstreifen aufzunehmen, durch eine Betonplatte miteinander verbunden. Die Viadukte wurden mit Grauwacke und die Bogenränder mit Basaltlava verblendet. Die Feldweiten der Brücke betragen 23,22 und fünf mal 24,60 und 23,22 Meter.

 

31.12.1939 Verkehrsfreigabe der Teilstrecke Remscheid - Wermelskirchen.

Historic former U.S. Post Office in Westfield, Massachusetts. The Classical Revival style building was constructed 1912 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2013 as part of the Westfield Center Historic District (NRHP District #13000441).

The solitary savageness. Click here to read the full story at The Delhi Walla.

Cámara Oscura de Peña Cabarga

Santander Cantabria España

Fotografía: Eduard Balteanu Photography

Prohibida su reproduccion / copia sin autorización

Unlike most of Coupeville’s early settlers, Colonel Granville Haller was neither a farmer nor involved in maritime commerce. He was a career military man who fought in the second Seminole War in Florida, the Mexican-American War, the Indian Wars on Puget Sound of the 1850s, the “Pig War” on San Juan Island and in the Civil War. Relieved of duty following the Battle of Gettysburg (allegedly for making dismissive comments of Lincoln’s handling of the war effort) Haller returned to Puget Sound, settling on Whidbey Island. In 1866, he moved to downtown Coupeville and constructed the Haller House: a two-story Georgian structure connected to an existing one-story house of plank construction already present on the site. Haller sold the house in 1879, opting to relocate once again, this time to Seattle. For the next 125 years, the house served as a private residence but witnessed very few alterations. The plan is primarily intact, as are many of the finishes, providing a rare glimpse into mid-19th century domestic life. The last residents left in 2006 and the house is currently on the real estate market. Though designation as a landmark within the Central Whidbey Island Historic District may offer protection for the exterior appearance of the Haller House, occupancy codes will compel any buyer to make significant alterations to the interior. Fearing a loss of historic integrity, residents of Whidbey Island formed the Friends of the Haller House. Their goal is to acquire the house and ultimately help tell the story of the Civil War’s impact on the northwest.

 

Link to the Haller House Most Endangered video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=celiGtEb20w

 

Link to the 2013 Most Endangered List video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WksJ6Pp-YU

The Catamaran is a great choice among San Diego restaurants. The Atoll and Moray's lounge both offer a delicious menu when choosing a San Diego restaurant. We encourage you to visit us for a casual and enjoyable San Diego dining experience.

View of Cuzco, Peru. All these streets from tourists' spot, vendors of souvenirs, beautiful architecture, stone tiles, people smiling, and people not smiling.

It was a pleasure to end our long road trip day in Harlowton Montana. The town is truly charming and so historic! I just love how many historic buildings remain standing in town, each one so amazing and unique. Please enjoy the history of this wonderful town which was such a prominent stop on the Milwaukee road.

 

"The city was once the eastern terminus of electric operations (1914–74) of the Milwaukee Road railroad's "Pacific Extension" route, which went all the way to Avery, Idaho. Here, steam or diesel locomotives were changed or hooked up to electric locomotives. Harlowton was founded in 1900 as a station stop on the Montana Railroad, a predecessor to the Milwaukee, and was named for Richard A. Harlow, the Montana Railroad's president." -wikipedia.com

Czesław Białczyński & Basia Walczak 8 wrzesień 2016 bialczynski.pl/2016/10/12/ciag-dalszy-o-odcietej-nodze-by... Kościół św. Barbary – gotycki kościół rzymskokatolicki między Placem Mariackim a Małym Rynkiem na Starym Mieście w Krakowie.

Położony obok kościoła Mariackiego. Do kościoła od strony południowej przylega dominujący na Małym Rynku budynek kurii prowincjalnej Prowincji Polski Południowej Jezuitów.

Wzniesiony w latach 1338-1402. Prawdopodobnie pierwotnie pełnił funkcję kościoła cmentarnego (plac Mariacki przed kościołem był przez wiele wieków cmentarzem parafialnym). W 1583 roku kościół został przekazany jezuitom. W tym czasie swoje kazania wygłaszał tutaj o. Piotr Skarga. Po kasacie zakonu jezuitów w 1773 roku, kościół przejęła Krakowska Kongregacja Kupiecka, a w roku 1796 przejęli go bożogrobcy. Od 1874 roku ponownie kościół jest w posiadaniu jezuitów.

Budynek klasztoru jezuitów wzniesiony został w XVI i XVII wieku i, oprócz klasztornych, pełnił także inne funkcje (pod nieobecność jezuitów były tu m.in. szpital, liceum i bursa); przebudowany został w latach 1908-1909 przez Józefa Pokutyńskiego.

Pod kościołem spoczywa o. Jakub Wujek, pierwszy tłumacz Biblii na język polski.

swietabarbara.jezuici.pl/

 

Scale 1:100

Housing project in Eindhoven developed by Komar Vastgoed. Starters appartments. All Komar projects are named after Scandinavian cities, with a wink at IKEA. Like the Swedish furniture they also try to develop affordable products.

Please notice the lighted lantern pole and cars that we are integrating more and more into our models.

model by AMOD China in a week.

www.amodchina.com

1 2 ••• 74 75 77 79 80