Back to photostream

St. Peter's United Church of Christ

This congregation was organized in 1894 by German and Swiss immigrants, originally known as St. Peters Deutsche Evangelische Gemeinde (St. Peters German Evangelical Church), the congregation built this vernacular Gothic revival sanctuary in 1905-1906. The meeting hall was added in 1925, and the two structures were connected in 1953, by 1955 English language services, introduced in 1929, had replaced the worship originally conducted in German. (1979) (Marker No. 9335)

247 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on February 12, 2007
Taken on October 13, 2005