View allAll Photos Tagged Patten
Bill Van Patten at Conn Fire Presentation
Bill Van Patten, a former Conn employee, attended the presentation by Elkhart County Historical Museum Curator of Education, Patrick McGuire on the CG Conn factory fires in 1883 and 1910. After the presentation, Van Patten and other relatives of former employees joined in the discussion.
Charles Gerad Conn moved with his family in 1850 to Elkhart. In 1884, he became a Colonel, and that title remained with him the rest of his life. First a retail merchant, he patented a rubber mouthpiece for his cornet in 1875 which led to his owning the largest musical instrument factory in the world by 1905. His first factory was destroyed by fire Jan. 29, 1883 (his 39th birthday). He rebuilt the factory on the same site. The second factory burned on May 22, 1910. The insurance for both fires failed to cover the extent of the estimated damage, but he rebuilt again. A most colorful personality, he became Mayor of Elkhart as a Democrat in 1882, but did not finish the term. In 1888, he won the election to Indiana House of Representatives and in 1892 was elected to US Congress as a Representative. He founded the Elkhart Truth in 1889. In 1915, he sold his Elkhart businesses and moved to California, only returning to visit his sister in 1928 and to be buried in Elkhart, Indiana when he died Jan. 5,1931.
Bill Van Patten at Conn Fire Presentation
Bill Van Patten, a former Conn employee, attended the presentation by Elkhart County Historical Museum Curator of Education, Patrick McGuire on the CG Conn factory fires in 1883 and 1910. After the presentation, Van Patten and other relatives of former employees joined in the discussion.
Charles Gerad Conn moved with his family in 1850 to Elkhart. In 1884, he became a Colonel, and that title remained with him the rest of his life. First a retail merchant, he patented a rubber mouthpiece for his cornet in 1875 which led to his owning the largest musical instrument factory in the world by 1905. His first factory was destroyed by fire Jan. 29, 1883 (his 39th birthday). He rebuilt the factory on the same site. The second factory burned on May 22, 1910. The insurance for both fires failed to cover the extent of the estimated damage, but he rebuilt again. A most colorful personality, he became Mayor of Elkhart as a Democrat in 1882, but did not finish the term. In 1888, he won the election to Indiana House of Representatives and in 1892 was elected to US Congress as a Representative. He founded the Elkhart Truth in 1889. In 1915, he sold his Elkhart businesses and moved to California, only returning to visit his sister in 1928 and to be buried in Elkhart, Indiana when he died Jan. 5,1931.
Patten Road | Lookout Mountain | Georgia | USA
34°58'26" N 85°20'54" W
Rock City features a long, convoluted rock trail lined with gardens containing hundreds of labelled local trees and plants. The trail also leads through a variety of unique and bizarre rock formations, including the 1,000 ton Balanced Rock and Fat Man's Squeeze. Two other sections, the Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village, are rock caves decorated with blacklight responsive sculptures. The High Falls of the Lookout Mountain is a manmade waterfall in the Rock City Gardens. The waterfall is 140 ft (43 m) high and empties into a base which appears as a small pool.
Dominic Patten and Lana Condor chat with fans following the "Deadly Class World Premiere Screening and Q&A at New York Comic Con 2018.
Nautilus member Lee Patten's snaps an engineer getting a quick break before he makes below for a sailing from Liverpool Landing Stage.
Bill Van Patten at Conn Fire Presentation
Bill Van Patten, a former Conn employee, attended the presentation by Elkhart County Historical Museum Curator of Education, Patrick McGuire on the CG Conn factory fires in 1883 and 1910. After the presentation, Van Patten and other relatives of former employees joined in the discussion.
Charles Gerad Conn moved with his family in 1850 to Elkhart. In 1884, he became a Colonel, and that title remained with him the rest of his life. First a retail merchant, he patented a rubber mouthpiece for his cornet in 1875 which led to his owning the largest musical instrument factory in the world by 1905. His first factory was destroyed by fire Jan. 29, 1883 (his 39th birthday). He rebuilt the factory on the same site. The second factory burned on May 22, 1910. The insurance for both fires failed to cover the extent of the estimated damage, but he rebuilt again. A most colorful personality, he became Mayor of Elkhart as a Democrat in 1882, but did not finish the term. In 1888, he won the election to Indiana House of Representatives and in 1892 was elected to US Congress as a Representative. He founded the Elkhart Truth in 1889. In 1915, he sold his Elkhart businesses and moved to California, only returning to visit his sister in 1928 and to be buried in Elkhart, Indiana when he died Jan. 5,1931.
1985 | Heyne Bücher
If someone would ask me what was the first "grown-ups book" I owned, I think this one was it.
03.04.2023. Valsts prezidents Egils Levits un Andra Levite tiekas ar ANO īpašo pārstāvi seksuālās vardarbības konfliktu jautājumos Pramilu Patenu (Ms Pramila Patten). Foto autors: Ilmārs Znotiņš, Valsts prezidenta kanceleja.
Patten Road | Lookout Mountain | Georgia | USA
34°58'26" N 85°20'51" W
Rock City features a long, convoluted rock trail lined with gardens containing hundreds of labelled local trees and plants. The trail also leads through a variety of unique and bizarre rock formations, including the 1,000 ton Balanced Rock and Fat Man's Squeeze. Two other sections, the Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village, are rock caves decorated with blacklight responsive sculptures. The High Falls of the Lookout Mountain is a manmade waterfall in the Rock City Gardens. The waterfall is 140 ft (43 m) high and empties into a base which appears as a small pool.
Historic Patten Chapel on the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) campus in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Collegiate Gothic style chapel was constructed in 1919 and named for John A. Patten, a local businessman and philanthropist who died in 1916.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga was founded by the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1886 as the private Chattanooga University (changed to the University of Chattanooga in 1907). The school merged with several other colleges before joining the University of Tennessee system in 1969 as the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and became public.