Back to photostream

CE 163

CCFP 163 is one of a series of 24 trams build in 1904-1906 by the local firm A Constructora on 21E trucks ordered from Brill. Originally they had Siemens-Schuckert electric equipments. It were the last Porto trams with two longitudinal benches.

 

When the STCP took over from the CCFP in 1946, there were still seven of these trams. One was modernized in the 1950's getting new extended Brill type platforms. This tram was withdrawn from service in 1973. It is now part of the museum collection as CCFP 163. The platforms are brought back in the original state, but the double sliding doors between the platforms and the saloon are dating from the reconstruction of the 1950's. The original trams had single siding doors. Also the motors and controllers are of a later date than the originals. Still this tram gives a good impression of the type in the condition they had about 1910.

741 views
2 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on September 18, 2011
Taken on January 30, 2011