Nazir Abd al-Qadr al-Zu'bi (20)

Reported place of arrest: Saida, Dera'a governorate

Reported date of arrest: 29 April

Reported date of delivery of body: 18 May

Observations on corpse: Pathologist video observation: Disfigurement of right cheek. Bruising right upper part of chest. Lots of small lesions on left hand [and] right arm, chest. Seem traumatic.

 

Details: Nazir Abd al-Qadr al-Zu’bi, a 20-year-old young man from al-Musayfrah, to the east of the city of Dera’a, is also reported to have gone missing amid the mass arrests on 29 April. According to confidential material seen by Amnesty International, Nazir al-Zu’bi took part in the “Break the siege Friday” march and was wounded when members of the security forces opened fire on the protesters. On 17 May the family was told that Nazir al-Zu’bi was dead and a family member went to identify the body at the local morgue. According to the material seen, someone said to be a forensic doctor not appointed by the authorities examined Nazir al-Zu’bi’s body and observed that Nazir al-Zu’bi’s kneecaps had been smashed, his skull damaged and his neck broken and that he had been bleeding from the nose, right eye and ears, adding the comment that the death was not a result of any bullet wound but torture. A forensic pathologist consulted by Amnesty International watched a video clip showing part of his body and noted: “Disfigurement of right cheek. Bruising right upper part of chest. Lots of small lesions on left hand [and] right arm, chest. Seem traumatic.” Read the full report

 

© theislampage

 

Location on map is approximate.

581 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on August 5, 2011