Back to photostream

Mythical beast bench end

A mythical beast bench end with a poppyhead top.

 

Bridlington Priory church, also known as the Parish church of St Mary, was founded c1113 by William de Gant for the Canons of the Order of St Augustine. Only the nave and portions of the towers remains from the stone priory, the rest is mainly C14th - C15th. It was restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1846 - 1879. bridlingtonpriory.co.uk/history-of-bridlington-priory/

178 views
3 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on April 22, 2023
Taken on November 18, 2022