View allAll Photos Tagged bath

(c) Fashion Museum, Bath and NE Somerset Council

bath room view without tube

Bath Parkrun 16 Apr 16

Bath is the largest city in the county of Somerset, England, known for and named after its Roman-built baths. In 2019, the population was 101,106. Bath is in the valley of the River Avon, 97 miles (156 km) west of London and 11 miles (18 km) southeast of Bristol. The city became a World Heritage Site in 1987, and was later added to the transnational World Heritage Site known as the "Great Spa Towns of Europe" in 2021.

 

The city became a spa with the Latin name Aquae Sulis ("the waters of Sulis") c. 60 AD when the Romans built baths and a temple in the valley of the River Avon, although hot springs were known even before then.

 

Bath Abbey was founded in the 7th century and became a religious centre; the building was rebuilt in the 12th and 16th centuries. In the 17th century, claims were made for the curative properties of water from the springs, and Bath became popular as a spa town in the Georgian era. Georgian architecture, crafted from Bath stone, includes the Royal Crescent, Circus, Pump Room and Assembly Rooms where Beau Nash presided over the city's social life from 1705 until his death in 1761.

Bath Abbey was founded in 1499 by Bishop Oliver King and is the last of the great medieval churches of England.

Master Bath Feb 2008

 

View this panorama in the interactive viewer.

fieldofview.com/flickr/?page=photos/41753283@N00/2312454535/

 

Technical Details: Canon 400D, 18-55mm, 38 shots, stitched using PTGui.

This picture shows Cici, an 8 month old Samoyed from Richmond Hill, Canada taking a bath.

Bath Parkrun 16 Apr 16

Bath Time - Ruaraidh Murray. Photo © Mat Hay

Bath National Cemetery

open air bath time ......lol......lol

Photos from Bath, 13th August 2011

Major LUSH shopping extravaganza in preparation for upcoming Vegas trip!

North aisle of the nave Empson memorial stained glass window by Chance Bros. & Co, installed in 1863.

 

Chance Brothers & Co.

 

"In 1822 Robert Lucas Chance bought the glassworks in Smethwick from Joseph Stock and Thomas and Philip Palmer. He was joined by John Hartley and his brother William, but after John Hartley's sons left the partnership after their father's death, the firm became Chance Brothers & Co. in 1836. In 1851 the firm supplied the glass for Crystal Palace. They made coloured glass from the later 1830s and set up a stained glass studio, which was relatively short-lived, closing in the mid-1860s. The firm supplied glass for some of the major studios of the nineteenth century, such as Clayton & Bell, Lavers, Barraud & Westlake and John Hardman & Co.

 

After the closure of the stained glass studio, their artists set up on their own, among them Samuel Evans and Thomas William Camm, who established Camm Bros with his brothers. "http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/person/135

Bath, Maine

Bath Parkrun 16 Apr 16

Bath Parkrun 16 Apr 16

These are the perfect size for a good hot relaxing soak in the tub. Theyr scented with peppermint and lavender

full size bombs weigh about 4oz

Credit: Nick Halmagyi

1 2 ••• 41 42 44 46 47 ••• 79 80