Back to photostream

19th Century Freight Depot 1

The freight depot east of this marker stands on the western terminus of Hancock County's first rail link to the outside world. In 1849 the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad Company opened a branch line from Findlay to its main line at Carey. A freight warehouse was built here ca. 1848 and passenger station in 1863. The Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis Railroad replaced these earlier buildings with the present depot in the 1890s.

309 views
0 faves
0 comments
Uploaded on July 17, 2007
Taken on July 16, 2007